sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1069 users online including...
VannFript , Evabfi , Methrenhow , GordonAcime , love-for-HP , alkogol_acer

7 members
1062 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2020, 12:06 AM

Default Office of Bain Goldwasser, Department Head MLE

No bells and whistles here.
Just a desk, often covered in paperwork, reports, and mail.
The shades on the magical windows are drawn tight.
A single old fashioned bankers’ lamp sits in the middle of the desk and is often left on, even when the department head is out of the office.

Best to knock before entering.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default *knock knock*
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Alexa Cambridge was ready to get back to work.

It had been long enough, honestly. Her family had [s]rightly[/i] convinced her that she needed a break after the events of the previous year but while the break had ultimately been for the best, she was itching to get back to work. It was time. With Emm off at school having....the strangest time--half a result of her own actions--the houses felt a little more empty.

She still had Fox, of course, but they largely ran on opposite schedules and she no longer had anyone to shuttle from ballet to gymnastics or anyone to fuss over.

It would've been a smooth enough transition if Evie was still in office but her former colleague had other plans leaving her to set this appointment just to get her own job back. Ugh, the whole thing only served to remind her how much she hated all the business end of the DMLE. Are the paperwork and meetings; she didn't miss them at all.

Alexa arrived on time and gave 3 brisk knocks at the door. She'd sent in the owl two weeks in advance, knowing how busy a Department Head's schedule could be but even then, Law Enforcement was unpredictable work. One could only hope the world hadn't fallen to dung on the one day she needed this man present.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 11-07-2020, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
N O T● S O ● M I S S I N G ● P E R S O N
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

Text Cut: Alexa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Alexa Cambridge was ready to get back to work.
It had been long enough, honestly. Her family had [s]rightly[/i] convinced her that she needed a break after the events of the previous year but while the break had ultimately been for the best, she was itching to get back to work. It was time. With Emm off at school having....the strangest time--half a result of her own actions--the houses felt a little more empty.
She still had Fox, of course, but they largely ran on opposite schedules and she no longer had anyone to shuttle from ballet to gymnastics or anyone to fuss over.
It would've been a smooth enough transition if Evie was still in office but her former colleague had other plans leaving her to set this appointment just to get her own job back. Ugh, the whole thing only served to remind her how much she hated all the business end of the DMLE. Are the paperwork and meetings; she didn't miss them at all.
Alexa arrived on time and gave 3 brisk knocks at the door. She'd sent in the owl two weeks in advance, knowing how busy a Department Head's schedule could be but even then, Law Enforcement was unpredictable work. One could only hope the world hadn't fallen to dung on the one day she needed this man present.

Thanks to the after effects of the catastrophe that had been the masquerade ball, Bain had not completed his review of employee files. In retrospect, that might not have been a bad thing as it gave him a unbiased chance to observe and critique his staff in action. A few had been fine. Most had been obtuse. Some...well, they would be getting assigned extra training sessions.

”Enter,” Bain called at the sound of the knock. He might have walked over and opened the door had he not been bent over the filing cabinet. He might have, but probably wouldn’t have. After all, he didn’t believe in pandering to people and besides, anyone who was knocking on his door should have the capacity and abilities to open a door themselves. If they didn’t, he didn’t have the time for them.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Enter.

The woman did just that. Forever wary of wards and curses, Alexa was never one to simply throw a door open and let herself in—that went double for any door owned by whatever department head of Magical Law Enforcement happened to be sitting in office at the time. Constant vigilance, it never left. Even after the invite, Lex did her own sweep of the door before deciding it was safe enough to, as the man said, enter.

Good morning, Mr. Goldwasser.” Brisk but polite. She no longer sat in this office and did not wish to. Respect where it was due.

“I trust you’ve already been briefed on the contents of this meeting so I won’t waste your time.” Nor would she take a seat or pause for tea or anything else that may have been considered a form of pleasantry. It was unnecessary and they were both, surely, busy people.

“I’d like to put an end to my little sabbatical. I think I’ve been out long enough,” Almost too long, in her opinion, “And I’m ready to regain my position and return to my aurors.”

It was more a question of how soon they could get that sorted.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 11-10-2020, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

He glanced up at Alexa Cambridge as she said her hellos, then glanced back down into the file cabinet. He searched for a few more minutes, then having found what he was looking for pulled out a file and headed back to his desk. A sucker stick was pinned firmly between his lips. He moved the sweet around in his mouth as he sat down.

He watched her for a moment in silence and then finally pulled the bright red lollipop out of his mouth. ”You might think you are ready, but what do the healers say about it?” Surely she had brought her clearance papers back if she wanted to return to work. Her file was open on his desk, right under the banker's lamp. He had been reviewing the reports of her kidnapping comparing the official reports to what had been released in the press. It seemed the Ministry had done a good job of keeping most of the details quiet and he wondered if that was due largely in part to the lady standing in front of him.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

At the mention of the healer, Alexa placed her clearance form on the desk. It hadn't been easy to get. There was a lot of...yelling, a few...mostly harmless threats...compromises...there was a lot, but in the end, she convinced Dr. Harding to sign the papers and was fine forgetting half the promises she'd made to get it done.

"It's all there. We're all in agreement it would be better for me to become occupied in meaningful ways again." Read: she was losing her mind at home and would not be held back any further.

Merlin knew she'd lose her mind with another month at home.

"I've kept up my training, as well. It wouldn't do to fall off because of minor inconveniences." In truth, they weren't that minor, but Alexa Cambridge refused to lie down and have her career end before her eyes. This had always been the only career for her.

Old 11-11-2020, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

Dark eyes stayed on her face as she produced her clearance papers on his desk where they lay untouched for a moment. He wondered how many of the healers had gotten the impression that Cambridge might curse their families if they told her no. He shifted forward and picked the clearance papers up, only half scanning them. It appeared her papers were in order and therefore he had no other course of action then to nod his approval. He put the papers on top of her open file, then flipped it closed with a pale finger.

"I am certain you heard about the catastrophe that was the masq." It had been all over the prophet and while it had certainly not been his team's fault, he too had felt the effects of the Minster's displeasure with the event. "I was very disappointed this department's vigilance during the party. Particularly the Auror core." He tapped a finger on the table, letting his words hang in the air. "As Head Auror, I suggest you arrange a few drills for your team." He opened the file he had pulled when Cambridge entered the room and looked over a name. "Perhaps Mr. Carter could be of assistance."
Old 01-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Scottie was here, bright and early, an hour before he needed to be on duty elsewhere. He had a determined look in his eye, a confidence in his shoulders that had quite possibly not even been there yesterday. He fidgeted with the pin on his collar, but otherwise he looked completely and utterly put-together.

The security officer knocked and waited patiently. He wasn't even shaking. That was an overwhelmingly good sign.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 01-23-2021, 03:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

"Can I help you with something?" Bain said from behind the officer who was standing outside his officer door. He had been out. He hadn't a meeting scheduled for today and had been planning on going through some paperwork in his office. Alone. But seeing the officer though, he was quite tempted to the let the man just stand there at his door for a while. "I didn't have any meetings scheduled for today."

He moved past the man, waving his cypress wand at the door. The locks clicked and the door drifted open revealing a dark office. He motioned the man inside and then followed him in. The door closed with a click behind him. He had no problem seeing in the dark and made his way to his desk where he clicked on the banker's lamp before he sat down. "What do you want Mr. Ferguson?"
Old 01-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Normally, being snuck up on would have produced a jump from Scottie. However, his goal in mind, his shoulders winced slightly before he turned to face his boss. "Morning, sir," he said seriously. "No, sir, this is a bit of an impromptu meeting. I wanted to speak with you about something serious...something I'm rather passionate about, actually," he watched Goldy enter the office and then proceeded to follow.

Accidentally bumping into the chair, because heckin heck, was it DARK in here, but he merely cleared his throat as if running into a chair hadn't majorly hurt his pride just now. He was running on adrenaline, here. Logan would be proud. Wes would be more so.

"Sorry to impede - I know someone like you must be busy - " he ruffled his hair. "I am interested in moving up in the ministry. As in, perhaps in my own security department within the MLE or elsewhere in the MLE. I wanted you to know so that you're aware...and so that...you know, if you need anything - " he wished he could see the man's eyes so he could peer right into them, "You can count on me. There are many questionable and untrustworthy folks within our ministry that I see day-in and day-out from my post. You seem like the type of man to want to know what all goes on around here. After all, you're here for the good of the ministry," he nodded a lot while speaking, taking a seat after a moment.

He paused briefly before continuing.

"My father, you see, used to be the MLE head. Wesley Ferguson," ew, the name dropping killed him. But it had to be done. "And so....I know a lot about the older and more prominent names we have around here. If you ever wanted to know more about people, sir." Did Goldy realize what Scottie was offering him? Intel. He was offering intel. He crossed his arms as he leaned back in the chair comfortably.

Another pause.

Then, "I like what you've done around here, sir. It seems some people....have grown too comfortable. It's nice to see them squirm."

Old 01-26-2021, 02:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

So he wanted to speak to him about something? He seemed rather eager. Bain took his time rummaging around in his desk drawer while keeping one, dark unamused eye on Ferguson. Strike that. He seemed rather eager and overly chatty. He stopped rummaging in the drawer as Ferguson name dropped his father, one eyebrow raised at Security Officer. When he leaned back in his chair, he was pulling the wrapper off a dark red sucker.

”So, you want to move up in the Ministry?” he asked twirling the sucker between his fingers as he appraised the man. Funny, it seemed that many people in this department were eager to prove their worth. It wasn’t a bad thing, but it made him wonder about the state of things around here. What had Cambridge been doing around here when she was running things?
And it also seemed rather convenient for this man to come forward now, asking for the opportunity to help with whatever Bain wanted and he hadn’t gotten to where he was by not being careful.

Still…He was the sort of progeny they were looking for. ”Hmm,” he said sticking the red sucker in his mouth. He merely stared at him for a while. Employing the silent treatment was his favorite tactic and since Ferguson stated he liked watching people squirm, he wanted to see if the man himself would squirm.

Finally, he said, ”I tell you what. Bring me something of interest regarding these ‘questionable and untrustworthy folk’ and then we’ll talk.”
Old 01-26-2021, 03:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Right.

He nodded at the first question poised by his boss, and eyed the lolli as the man simply stared back. Sometimes, people liked to create awkward silences in order to make the other person talk more. The "talking more" would usually reveal something about the uncomfortable party.

Scottie said not a word, simply drawing out the silence as long as Goldy wished to. He was USED to feeling awkward, all right? Pffft. This was nothing. His nerves were starting to ride, but he pushed them down, repeating the mantra, BE LOGAN BE LOGAN BE LOGAN over and over and over again in his head.

"I've already got something, sir."
He said casually, leaning forward, elbows on Goldwasser's desk. "Firstly - got any extra lollipops, sir?! I tell you - I TELL YOU SIR - every time you eat one, I just - I just want one TOO!" he broke into the most geeeeenuine grin. But come on. CANDY??? and he was channeling his twin. "Secondly........mostly it's about ole' Fletcher up on Level One. The undersecretary. Not ONLY did he disclose VERY personal information with me - and I might add I did NOT pry - I've also seen him receive quite a few shipments lately. Boxes and boxes. And boxes. Not sure what they are or where they're going, but every time he comes to sign for them he looks sweaty, nervous, and glances around to make sure no one's watching." He nodded firmly.

"Being security is nice like that. You look bored enough, and no one thinks twice about you being present. There's also talk from any Hogwarts parents we've got employed here...they are not happy about this ban from all mail and contact business. There's been mutterings of going to Minister Hollingberry about it, sir. I can give the names of those people....." If Goldwasser cared to know. He leaned back in the chair once more and tried to spin the chair, if it were a spinny one. "What's more - Fletcher's a criminal. He told me himself. It's a wonder he's let near the Minister....." he sighed and shook his head. "Disappointing to see the way this place has changed since my father left....."

Could he go home and vomit? And then snuggle Nando? And then sleep off how awful this felt? No? Okay.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

This one was a real chatterbox. It made him wonder if Ferguson could keep his mouth shut. Besides the Security Officer wasn’t really telling him anything that he didn’t already know about Fletcher. In fact, he had recently just played most of these cards against Feltcher when he visited the man’s office.

The boxes though, that was new…

He reached into a drawer and tossed a sucker Ferguson’s way. It was red, and while it was very similar to the one he was currently sucking on, it had come from Sian’s stash and there was no way he would have eaten it. ”I would like those names.” And he’d also like to know what’s being delivered in those boxes, but that could wait. He swiveled his chair a little. ”It would come in handy for the new Genealogical Investigations team you’ll be joining.”
Old 01-27-2021, 12:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

He was a little surprised when Goldy tossed him a lollipop, especially since when he opened it, and tried it, he LAUGHED. "Oh my GOODNESS, sir. This whole time. I thought you had a love of blood pops." He stuck it back in his mouth and happily enjoyed the candy. And he wasn't so sure the man wasn't sucking on blood pops. "Some people - and I hear vampires - do enjoy their blood pops," he said casually, switching the lolli from one side of his mouth to the other.

He did not take his gaze away from Goldwasser. He wanted to see all his facial expressions. The man was good at hiding them, but he still didn't want to miss anything. He also wanted Goldwasser to know that he was observant all right? He was. He had theories about Goldwasser's mortality, and he wasn't so sure the man wasn't enjoying himself a bloodpop. The unease Scottie had felt from the very beginning from the man....him being not so human would make sense.

Anyway.

His stomach dropped, but he nodded veeeeery seriously, some of his playfulness disappearing. "I can give them to you now. On a piece of paper. Genealogical Investigations Team? Are you authorized to elaborate further now...? Or will this be a surprise?"

Old 01-27-2021, 03:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

”What exactly are you implying Freguson?” he asked shifting the sucker stick to the corner of his mouth where it hung like a muggle cigarette. Honestly he was surprised it had taken so long for someone to put the pieces together. That it was this fella who appeared to have figured it out? Well, he couldn’t help but suspect that the man had gotten help. Who that help had been? Well, Fletcher himself came to mind. Still, he wasn’t going to confirm anything.

He pulled out a piece of paper and slid it across the desk. ”Names Ferguson.” He tapped the paper with a long finger. He was done with this conversation and had other things that he needed to take care of. ”And then get out. You’ll be contacted about the team when you’re ready to be contacted. I'm sure you have a floor to patrol.”
Old 01-28-2021, 12:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Him? IMPLYING? Scottie shook his head ~cluelessly~

"Nothing!" he grinned and continued enjoying his lollipop. He was actually glad it wasn't one of those bloodpops. He couldn't remember the last time he had ever even tried one of those. If ever. Hmm.

"Oh - right, sir," he took the quill and jotted down all of the names he could remember. It seemed a LOT of the ministry employees had children at Hogwarts. Interesting. "I look forward to it, sir. Very exciting stuff," he chuckled as he scribbled the last name neatly and pushed the paper back towards his department head. "Cheers, Mr. Goldwasser. Thank you for the chat!" he stood up, pushed his chair back into position politely, and bowed his head. He DID have a floor to patrol, didn't he?!

HEH!

He also totally wanted to find more dirt about people that he could tell Goldy, but shhhhh

Old 02-26-2021, 02:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

It wasn't often that Dante made an appearance on Level Two. It was a rare occurrence, in fact, and he liked keeping it that way for various reasons that were of no concern to anyone who happened to work in Law Enforcement. But times were changing, a new era was beginning, and the department head was expecting to see him. The conversation that had been started at the gala needed closure.

Getting through the reception area had been surprisingly easy. His Head Obliviator status that had been flaunted was enough to let him pass without question, though he assumed Bain had told the receptionist ahead of time that he would be paying him a visit at some point. There were no complaints either way. Dante preferred getting to where he needed to be without attracting too much attention to himself.

So there he was, standing outside the door to Bain's office. Three knocks would let the man know that he was there.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

A memo floated in and sank to Bain Goldwasser's desk..

Quote:
Bain,

Could you please come deal with an issue in my office. Some examples need to be made and some attitudes need adjusted.

~Simone
Old 03-05-2021, 03:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

Bain was still dressed in his suit from the gala, although the jacket had been tossed on a nearby chair. His complexion still looked warm and rosy, compared to how it usually did. He was reading over some reports from the gala, his feet propped up on the desk. His usual red-sucker was held between two fingers and was only half-heartedly eaten, as if he had opened it more out of habit then want. "Enter," he called as he finished reading and closed up the file.

"Ah, Mr. Zabini," he gave the man a tight lipped smile and then pulled his feet off the desk, tossing the file to the side at the same time. "I've been expecting you..." but he was interrupted by memo that landed on his desk. He stuck the sucker into his mouth, and then picked up the memo. "It seems I am needed on Level Six..." He got to his feet, retrieved his coat, and slipped it back on. "Would you care to accompany me?" He asked the Obliviator as he slipped his cypress wand into his holster. "Unless your answer is no."
Old 03-05-2021, 03:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Hearing the man's voice was all he needed. Without hesitation, Dante opened the door of the office and stepped inside. As this was the first time he had been the the department head's office, he naturally looked about the place. Not that there was much to look at besides the man sitting there with his feet being removed from the desk and a file being tossed to the side. Then there was the man's complexion, which did not go unnoticed by him.

But no comments were made about the appearance office or the man himself. There were more important matters to discuss, such as the team that he apparently was to run if he accepted the opportunity. Dante was certainly intrigued by the offer, though he had questions that needed answers, details that he desired to be aware of, before he officially agreed to anything.

Though it seemed like all of that would have to wait as the man now standing before him was needed in Transportation. "Of course, sir," the Head Obliviator responded smoothly with a nod before he stepped outside of the office and waited to the side momentarily to allow the man to lead the way.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement
Default Off to level 6

It wasn't a no and it wasn't a yes. At least not yet. Still, it was a start and a chance for Zabini to show Bain that he really was the wizard for the job. "Good," he said simply as he led the way out of his office, locking his door behind him.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default *flips page to a new timeline*
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

It had been a particularly exhausting day, but maybe this phrase loses its merit if you are fighting a constant state of exhaustion. Tomasz was doing just that. It did not help that it was nearing the end of his shift. The exhaustion only ever got worse as the day went on. Some days were worse than others and today he did not have the time to make himself a coffee in the breakroom (seeing as purchasing one from the Atrium was no longer an option for him).

As his shift came to an end and he prepared to head home, he made an impulsive decision to stop by Goldwasser's office first. He had been meaning to do so for a few days now, but perhaps the lack of sleep had finally caught up to him, ridding him of inhibitions.

Slipping one hand into his pocket, he raised the other and rapped his knuckles against the door before taking a step back and waiting.

You are Lemon!
Old 03-06-2021, 04:09 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

"Enter!" Bain bellowed from behind his desk. He had taken to sticking his feet up on the corner and leaning back in his chair as he read over reports, paperwork, correspondence, and various other bits of information. And he seemed to have a lot of paperwork to go through lately. So unscheduled meetings weren't exactly something that put him in a very good mood. Especially unscheduled meetings with people who weren't pure-bloods. "Mr. Laska," he said pulling his feet off the desk. "This had best be important."
Old 03-09-2021, 01:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain Goldwasser View Post
"Enter!" Bain bellowed from behind his desk. He had taken to sticking his feet up on the corner and leaning back in his chair as he read over reports, paperwork, correspondence, and various other bits of information. And he seemed to have a lot of paperwork to go through lately. So unscheduled meetings weren't exactly something that put him in a very good mood. Especially unscheduled meetings with people who weren't pure-bloods. "Mr. Laska," he said pulling his feet off the desk. "This had best be important."
If Tomasz was intimidated, he did not show it. He stepped inside the office, with the same humility he always carried himself with whilst in the Ministry building, not because he lacked confidence, but because he knew his place as a security officer was not on the same plane as others in higher positions. Tomasz understood the hierarchy and did his best to respect it.

He was, however, wary of his Department Head, keeping in mind his recent conversation with Emilia. "Yyy, Hello, Mr. Goldwasser," he bowed his head slightly as he moved forward and neared the desk. "I am hoping not to take too much of your time." Out of respect, but also because Tomasz was very tired. He paused for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts, before taking the nametag out of his pocket.

Security Officer
Tomasz Łaska
Muggleborn

"Do you, yyy, do you know where they found this?" There was clear concern etched in his features. "The information," he clarified, tapping the third line. Muggleborn. Tomasz still believed it to be incorrect. If the ministry could know his status, then Tomasz surely would have known it himself. "It is a mistake." Or could be, rather. Tomasz did not know either way, but his uncertainty led him to believe it was. Of course there were bigger problems (some that he still did not understand in entirety), but Tomasz did not want trouble. He could not lose this job. He only wanted to understand.

You are Lemon!
Old 03-09-2021, 02:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

Blood status? That's what this was about? Really? Did the man think he hadn't done his homework. He merely looked at the man blankly for a few minutes before he reached into his desk drawer and produced a red sucker, which he unwrapped and then promptly stuck into his mouth. He sucked on it for a few moments as he starred at the man. At least he was being respectful in his asking. "It's quite simple really," he said around the lollipop in his mouth which he shifted with his tongue so the stick hung from his lips like a cigarette. "You lack proper documentation on your lineage and since you cannot prove otherwise," he spread his hands wide in there you have it motion.