FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1208 users online including...
Eldarshy , Alexrut , Eldaricc , Stevendalo , Eldarpiq , astrocat , itsjustjesse , KylieOvage , Holmesian Feline , Eldarjcj

13 members
1195 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 61: May - August 2022

Term 61: May - August 2022 Term Sixty-One: Riddle Me This (Sept 2107 - June 2108)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2021, 02:05 AM

Default Fat Lady's Portrait

If you're wandering around the seventh-floor corridor and you suddenly have the urge to cover your ears, you know you're steadily approaching the Fat Lady's portrait. While it isn't an uncommon fact that the vocal portrait guards the entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room, getting past the Fat Lady without the correct password is no easy feat. Her passion for tip-top security is just as great as her love for good food and drink.

Though the Fat Lady is very particular about who she allows to pass through the portrait hole, she really doesn't mind anyone hanging around in the corridor. At every opportune moment, she will insist that you stop to listen to her "amazing" singing voice or engage in very loud conversation about the latest gossip. Even the Gryffindors themselves have to put up with the antics of this loud and flamboyant woman -- sometimes she won't even let them inside their common room until she is satisfied with their response to her singing or finds the gossip juicy enough to go share with her friend Violet.

OOC: Please do not role-play for the Fat Lady.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Emmyjay/ Karleigh! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

It was cold, dreary and white. Yep, that’s what the weather was like today. Jude was awfully glad December had finally rolled around. With the month came a bunch of things that he was looking forward to, the most being his older brother’s wedding. But there was one thing he needed and wanted to do and that was to apologise to Reagan. He definitely had been a terrible brother recently and he needed to fix that now that he was slowly falling back into the right headspace.

Er…

The thing was, he wasn’t sure where the sixth year lioness was. Jude was sort of hoping that one of the other Gryffindors would help him out by pinpointing him in the right direction. So here the fifth year Hufflepuff was, lurking outside of the Gryffindor Tower.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 06-11-2022, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
It was cold, dreary and white. Yep, that’s what the weather was like today. Jude was awfully glad December had finally rolled around. With the month came a bunch of things that he was looking forward to, the most being his older brother’s wedding. But there was one thing he needed and wanted to do and that was to apologise to Reagan. He definitely had been a terrible brother recently and he needed to fix that now that he was slowly falling back into the right headspace.

Er…

The thing was, he wasn’t sure where the sixth year lioness was. Jude was sort of hoping that one of the other Gryffindors would help him out by pinpointing him in the right direction. So here the fifth year Hufflepuff was, lurking outside of the Gryffindor Tower.
Karleigh was really looking forward to winter break and going home. Of course she loved Christmas, but she also could really use a break from school. Sixth year wasn't as stressful as last year with OWLs, but it seemed as though her peers had found a new thing to obsess about all year - the spring dance. A dance that wasn't going to happen for months yet and every time she turned around someone was freaking out about having a date or what they were going to wear. And she was not the type of person to be easily annoyed with others, but this was exhausting. She knew she'd be worried enough about that sort of thing, especially as her crush now had a girlfriend and she was certain she'd be the only one from her peer group to go alone, but she'd rather not be consumed with those thoughts right now. Couldn't people wait to be worried about finding a date till like March? April?

And even though she'd just left a conversation about the dance before heading towards the common room, she was really trying to put it out of her mind. She could use a distraction right now.

"Oh, hi, Jude," she greeted the Hufflepuff with a smile, his appearance at the fat lady portrait pulling her out of her thoughts. "Are you looking for your sister?" That's what she would assume, at least, since he was hanging out in front of her common room. But maybe she shouldn't be so presumptuous.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 06-13-2022, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Karleigh! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Karleigh was really looking forward to winter break and going home. Of course she loved Christmas, but she also could really use a break from school. Sixth year wasn't as stressful as last year with OWLs, but it seemed as though her peers had found a new thing to obsess about all year - the spring dance. A dance that wasn't going to happen for months yet and every time she turned around someone was freaking out about having a date or what they were going to wear. And she was not the type of person to be easily annoyed with others, but this was exhausting. She knew she'd be worried enough about that sort of thing, especially as her crush now had a girlfriend and she was certain she'd be the only one from her peer group to go alone, but she'd rather not be consumed with those thoughts right now. Couldn't people wait to be worried about finding a date till like March? April?

And even though she'd just left a conversation about the dance before heading towards the common room, she was really trying to put it out of her mind. She could use a distraction right now.

"Oh, hi, Jude," she greeted the Hufflepuff with a smile, his appearance at the fat lady portrait pulling her out of her thoughts. "Are you looking for your sister?" That's what she would assume, at least, since he was hanging out in front of her common room. But maybe she shouldn't be so presumptuous.

In the time that he stood outside the Fat Lady’s portrait, a few Gryffindor’s had come and gone. He’d even gotten his answer in the process: Reagan was not in the Tower at the moment. Jude couldn’t help but feel a bit relieved. It meant he had some more time to prepare the words of apology he needed -and wanted to -say to her. So exactly why was he still at the tower? The Hufflepuff had been chatting up the Fat Lady.

He silently welcomed the appearance of Karleigh. “Hi, Karleigh!” Jude greeted brightly. “I was but I heard she’s off somewhere on the grounds.” Jude grinned. “No worries, I’ll catch up to her later. Keeping busy still, now that there’s no major exams to write this year?”

Old 06-30-2022, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

In the time that he stood outside the Fat Lady’s portrait, a few Gryffindor’s had come and gone. He’d even gotten his answer in the process: Reagan was not in the Tower at the moment. Jude couldn’t help but feel a bit relieved. It meant he had some more time to prepare the words of apology he needed -and wanted to -say to her. So exactly why was he still at the tower? The Hufflepuff had been chatting up the Fat Lady.

He silently welcomed the appearance of Karleigh. “Hi, Karleigh!” Jude greeted brightly. “I was but I heard she’s off somewhere on the grounds.” Jude grinned. “No worries, I’ll catch up to her later. Keeping busy still, now that there’s no major exams to write this year?”
"Oh... yeah, I was going to say, I hadn't seen her, but I could go inside to check for you." Karleigh was nice and helpful like that. "But if you already figured out where she is, I suppose that isn't necessary," she added with a small laugh. Of course, if Jude wanted her to give a message to his sister, just in case she saw her before he did, she could do that instead.

"Hmm? Oh, well yes, I suppose so," she agreed, shrugging a little at the mention of no major exams. "There is always something going on, right?" she added with a bright smile. Still had plenty of schoolwork and just teenager things going on, even if there was nothing specific to pinpoint. "But you have your OWLs this year, right? How is studying going for you?" She was good for advice if he needed any since she'd already been there.

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 07-02-2022, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
"Oh... yeah, I was going to say, I hadn't seen her, but I could go inside to check for you." Karleigh was nice and helpful like that. "But if you already figured out where she is, I suppose that isn't necessary," she added with a small laugh. Of course, if Jude wanted her to give a message to his sister, just in case she saw her before he did, she could do that instead.

"Hmm? Oh, well yes, I suppose so," she agreed, shrugging a little at the mention of no major exams. "There is always something going on, right?" she added with a bright smile. Still had plenty of schoolwork and just teenager things going on, even if there was nothing specific to pinpoint. "But you have your OWLs this year, right? How is studying going for you?" She was good for advice if he needed any since she'd already been there.

Indeed Karleigh was nice like that. It was one of the reasons Jude had been drawn to her, honestly. The kind heart in him recognised the kind heart in her. “Thank you though!” Her words were appreciated. And it was true, something always was going on. Trust him, if anyone knew all too well about that, then it was him! Right now Jude was just trying to get his life back to being unchaotic and back to normal. “Anything you need to talk about? Help with homework?” Even if she needed a pal to walk with you wherever it was she was going, he wouldn’t mind.

“Yep. And the closer I get to the exams, the more nervous I feel. Remember how snappy and mean Reagan was last year because of the pressure? I just want to make sure that I avoid all that drama.” The Hufflepuff didn’t know if Karleigh had been a victim of his sister’s sass last year but thinking back on that sort of behaviour, Jude didn’t want to be like that. “I already use dancing as a means to cope but have you got any extra tips on how to deal with nerves?"

Old 07-16-2022, 02:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Indeed Karleigh was nice like that. It was one of the reasons Jude had been drawn to her, honestly. The kind heart in him recognised the kind heart in her. “Thank you though!” Her words were appreciated. And it was true, something always was going on. Trust him, if anyone knew all too well about that, then it was him! Right now Jude was just trying to get his life back to being unchaotic and back to normal. “Anything you need to talk about? Help with homework?” Even if she needed a pal to walk with you wherever it was she was going, he wouldn’t mind.

“Yep. And the closer I get to the exams, the more nervous I feel. Remember how snappy and mean Reagan was last year because of the pressure? I just want to make sure that I avoid all that drama.” The Hufflepuff didn’t know if Karleigh had been a victim of his sister’s sass last year but thinking back on that sort of behaviour, Jude didn’t want to be like that. “I already use dancing as a means to cope but have you got any extra tips on how to deal with nerves?"
Even though she kept her smile, Karleigh hesitated and shrugged a little. The truth was, she did have things on her mind she wanted to talk about but didn't really have anyone she felt she could truly confide in anymore. She wasn't sure she knew Jude well enough to talk about certain things and she certainly didn't want to burden him with her problems. He had enough going on to worry about! "No, not really," she said though. "Thanks for offering though." She did appreciate the thought.

She paused to consider what he said about his sister. "Maybe, but I think we all were to an extent," she laughed. "Exams can get stressful, especially important ones like OWLs. So it's understandable. I don't think was mean or anything to me anyway." At least not that she really remembered, and even if she was, Karleigh was pretty forgiving.

"Wait, you dance?" How did she not know this? "What kind of dancing do you do?" Oh but wait, he had asked her a question, how rude of her. "I think study groups really help. My cousins and I had regular ones, so that might be a good idea, if you aren't already doing that. It's nice to have that extra support system."

Old 07-19-2022, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Even though she kept her smile, Karleigh hesitated and shrugged a little. The truth was, she did have things on her mind she wanted to talk about but didn't really have anyone she felt she could truly confide in anymore. She wasn't sure she knew Jude well enough to talk about certain things and she certainly didn't want to burden him with her problems. He had enough going on to worry about! "No, not really," she said though. "Thanks for offering though." She did appreciate the thought.

She paused to consider what he said about his sister. "Maybe, but I think we all were to an extent," she laughed. "Exams can get stressful, especially important ones like OWLs. So it's understandable. I don't think was mean or anything to me anyway." At least not that she really remembered, and even if she was, Karleigh was pretty forgiving.

"Wait, you dance?" How did she not know this? "What kind of dancing do you do?" Oh but wait, he had asked her a question, how rude of her. "I think study groups really help. My cousins and I had regular ones, so that might be a good idea, if you aren't already doing that. It's nice to have that extra support system."

Burden him with problems? Jude didn’t think that anyone could ever do that to him; he was always up for listening and offering advice if needed. The Hufflepuff respected when anyone turned down his offer though. Sometimes they just weren’t ready to talk or they didn’t feel too comfortable doing so. “You’re welcome. The offer stands… if you ever change your mind.”

Jude really enjoyed bonding with anyone who was understanding; Karleigh certainly was. “Oh yeah, tell me about it.” He grinned. “I’m trying not to let the little pressure I feel now bother me. I guess I’m looking at it as though this is practice for when I get down to crunch time.” You know… when the exams were right upon him. “I’m glad Rea wasn’t mean to you. I feel like I’m always apologising to the people who she was mean to on her behalf.” His older sister could be such trouble at times.

“I do! Been at it for a while now.” Jude’s face lit up at the mention of dancing; he loved it SO much! “Mainly ballroom… I plan to go professional too.” That way he’d never have to work a day in his life since he would be doing something he loved. “But I take it that you dance as well, judging from your reaction just now?” Study sessions. Jude had indeed found that helpful. “I have a group with the guys in my dorm. It’s helped me focus and learn even better. Except when we aren’t goofing around, of course,’’ he added, laughing softly.

Old 07-23-2022, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Burden him with problems? Jude didn’t think that anyone could ever do that to him; he was always up for listening and offering advice if needed. The Hufflepuff respected when anyone turned down his offer though. Sometimes they just weren’t ready to talk or they didn’t feel too comfortable doing so. “You’re welcome. The offer stands… if you ever change your mind.”

Jude really enjoyed bonding with anyone who was understanding; Karleigh certainly was. “Oh yeah, tell me about it.” He grinned. “I’m trying not to let the little pressure I feel now bother me. I guess I’m looking at it as though this is practice for when I get down to crunch time.” You know… when the exams were right upon him. “I’m glad Rea wasn’t mean to you. I feel like I’m always apologising to the people who she was mean to on her behalf.” His older sister could be such trouble at times.

“I do! Been at it for a while now.” Jude’s face lit up at the mention of dancing; he loved it SO much! “Mainly ballroom… I plan to go professional too.” That way he’d never have to work a day in his life since he would be doing something he loved. “But I take it that you dance as well, judging from your reaction just now?” Study sessions. Jude had indeed found that helpful. “I have a group with the guys in my dorm. It’s helped me focus and learn even better. Except when we aren’t goofing around, of course,’’ he added, laughing softly.
"I'll keep that in mind, Jude," Karleigh said with a smile. "Thanks." He was really nice and even if they didn't know each other that well, she thought of him as a friend. Maybe she should confide in him, if he was being genuine. But she really couldn't get past the thought of being a burden with her issues, though she extended that thought to everyone anymore, not just Jude.

"It will feel like such a relief when you're done though. Like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders." It was a pretty great feeling. And she was glad to have a year off from that before doing it all over again next year, even if she still had regular end of year exams to be concerned with. "And really rewarding after all your hard work." Or at least she thought so. She supposed she couldn't really speak for everyone.

It was really kind of cool that Jude danced too. Karleigh was always happy to find someone else who did. "Yeah! But I dance ballet. I've been dancing since I was really little and I want to dance professionally too." The plan was to o to WADA first though, so hopefully she'd get in. "Oh, that's great!" she replied in response to Jude's mentioning of his study group. She had found hers to be really helpful and supportive. "You gotta have those goofball breaks too though," she added with a laugh. "It will help it from getting too overwhelming."

Old 07-26-2022, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
"I'll keep that in mind, Jude," Karleigh said with a smile. "Thanks." He was really nice and even if they didn't know each other that well, she thought of him as a friend. Maybe she should confide in him, if he was being genuine. But she really couldn't get past the thought of being a burden with her issues, though she extended that thought to everyone anymore, not just Jude.

"It will feel like such a relief when you're done though. Like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders." It was a pretty great feeling. And she was glad to have a year off from that before doing it all over again next year, even if she still had regular end of year exams to be concerned with. "And really rewarding after all your hard work." Or at least she thought so. She supposed she couldn't really speak for everyone.

It was really kind of cool that Jude danced too. Karleigh was always happy to find someone else who did. "Yeah! But I dance ballet. I've been dancing since I was really little and I want to dance professionally too." The plan was to o to WADA first though, so hopefully she'd get in. "Oh, that's great!" she replied in response to Jude's mentioning of his study group. She had found hers to be really helpful and supportive. "You gotta have those goofball breaks too though," she added with a laugh. "It will help it from getting too overwhelming."

In Jude’s opinion, no one was ever a burden. Should Karleigh change her mind, she knew where to find him. In the meanwhile, they could talk of lighter topics and just maybe the Gryffindor would be able to keep her mind off of what was bothering her for a bit. “You’re welcome.”

The Hufflepuff could only imagine what Karleigh was talking about… for now. “In a few months I’ll be exhaling deeply in relief of getting them over with.” He tilted his head thoughtfully. “But then I expect I’ll get anxious while waiting for those results.” So that means that the entire ordeal wouldn’t be completed until that owl arrived with his results. Had he been Reagan, Jude would have sighed rather dramatically. Karleigh’s next words had him nodding though. “It’s why I’m determined to do my best! Work hard then enjoy the rewards.” He really wanted to let his parents and siblings to continue being proud of him.

Jude’s face lit up. “You do?! Does this mean you plan on auditioning for WADA??” This was his plan too! “I think ballet is beautiful,’’ he remarked earnestly. “I definitely know that I’ll be seeing you and hearing your name as a famous dancer in the future! Maybe at some point we’d even work together.” Wouldn’t that be something special?! “Definitely. Some days, I think those goofy moments are what helps the most.” Jude was grateful for those silly dorm mates of his.

“Okay, so I probably shouldn’t keep you from the rest of your day, Karleigh. I’ll see you around, yeah?’’

Old 07-30-2022, 06:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
In Jude’s opinion, no one was ever a burden. Should Karleigh change her mind, she knew where to find him. In the meanwhile, they could talk of lighter topics and just maybe the Gryffindor would be able to keep her mind off of what was bothering her for a bit. “You’re welcome.”

The Hufflepuff could only imagine what Karleigh was talking about… for now. “In a few months I’ll be exhaling deeply in relief of getting them over with.” He tilted his head thoughtfully. “But then I expect I’ll get anxious while waiting for those results.” So that means that the entire ordeal wouldn’t be completed until that owl arrived with his results. Had he been Reagan, Jude would have sighed rather dramatically. Karleigh’s next words had him nodding though. “It’s why I’m determined to do my best! Work hard then enjoy the rewards.” He really wanted to let his parents and siblings to continue being proud of him.

Jude’s face lit up. “You do?! Does this mean you plan on auditioning for WADA??” This was his plan too! “I think ballet is beautiful,’’ he remarked earnestly. “I definitely know that I’ll be seeing you and hearing your name as a famous dancer in the future! Maybe at some point we’d even work together.” Wouldn’t that be something special?! “Definitely. Some days, I think those goofy moments are what helps the most.” Jude was grateful for those silly dorm mates of his.

“Okay, so I probably shouldn’t keep you from the rest of your day, Karleigh. I’ll see you around, yeah?’’
Jude was really kind. Karleigh felt very glad and lucky to consider him her friend. And maybe, just maybe, she might take him up on his offer sometime in the future. But hopefully things would be resolved by then anyway.

"Yeah, I really think you will be," she nodded in agreement that he would feel that sigh of relief. At least that had been her experience. And she laughed a little as he continued. "Maybe. But at least it'll be summer and you can keep busy while you wait. Busy with fun stuff instead of more studying and homework and classes." The fun type of busy seemed to go faster in her opinion.

"Well, yes, that is the plan at least." Karleigh smiled widely as Jude asked her about WADA. She really wanted to go, but of course was worried that she might not get in. "Oh, but.. you've never seen me dance to even know if I'd be good enough to be famous," she said with a little laugh. Of course she hoped that she was good enough for that, but it wasn't a meaningful compliment without actually seeing her perform. Even if it was a nice thing to say. "That would be really fun if we could. But of course we could always dance together here too," she added, wondering if he would want to. She was always available for practice, even if his style of dance was different to hers.

"Oh.. okay. Yeah, I don't want to keep you either." She was enjoying their conversation, but she understood if he had somewhere else to be. "See you around."