Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 994 users online including...
Austinwals , Ronaldsnut , Alexrut , PhoenixRising , Suziella , KylieOvage

7 members
987 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 60: January - April 2022

Term 60: January - April 2022 Term Sixty: Crash, Smash, Bitterwood (Sept 2106 - June 2107)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2021, 01:19 AM

Default Clock Tower Entrance

The Clock Tower Entrance is one of the three main entrances of Hogwarts Castle (the other two being the Viaduct Entrance and the main Entrance Hall). It aligns with the third-floor corridor, connecting with the courtyard that stems off to the Wooden Bridge and the rest of the school grounds. This large open space can be magically sealed with a portcullis and the massive double doors can be locked with numerous bolts.

At the base of the Clock Tower is a large window that may cause you to question why it is even there as all you can see out of it is the side of a building. Fortunately for you, the massive steel and iron pendulum swinging back and forth will likely pull you out of trying to figure out that mystery. If you look closely at the suspended weight, an imprint of a many armed star in the middle and a number of runic symbols on the outer rim can be seen. Study the purposeful design on the pendulum as long as you like. Just don't fall into temptation of swinging from it and pretending to be a wrecking ball.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Default open post
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Blake was on the lookout for a new place. He'd always played football in the courtyard, but that meant he was easy to find. Which made him slightly uncomfortable. What if someone wanted to show off in front of him with something he didn't want to see? He needed a backup spot.

This seemed like a good one. There was even a swinging pendulum for hard mode.

He bounced his ball on his knees while watching the swinging. He could do this.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 01-07-2022, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Blake was on the lookout for a new place. He'd always played football in the courtyard, but that meant he was easy to find. Which made him slightly uncomfortable. What if someone wanted to show off in front of him with something he didn't want to see? He needed a backup spot.

This seemed like a good one. There was even a swinging pendulum for hard mode.

He bounced his ball on his knees while watching the swinging. He could do this.
Margaret was on her way outside to go flying. Having checked the courtyard through a window and seen it was Blake-free, she'd decided to go out this way. She wasn't avoiding him, exactly, but she was giving him space. Lots and lots of space.

But lo and behold, before she even got to the courtyard, there he was. Blake Keller, bouncing his football, typical.

She froze, wondering if he'd seen her already. Should she turn around? Go back the other way? If he'd already seen her, that would be suspicious, but if he hadn't seen her and she could avoid him seeing her at all, that would be...nice? For him? Was he avoiding her? Is that why he wasn't in the courtyard? She wondered, practically glued to the spot on the floor.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Margaret was on her way outside to go flying. Having checked the courtyard through a window and seen it was Blake-free, she'd decided to go out this way. She wasn't avoiding him, exactly, but she was giving him space. Lots and lots of space.

But lo and behold, before she even got to the courtyard, there he was. Blake Keller, bouncing his football, typical.

She froze, wondering if he'd seen her already. Should she turn around? Go back the other way? If he'd already seen her, that would be suspicious, but if he hadn't seen her and she could avoid him seeing her at all, that would be...nice? For him? Was he avoiding her? Is that why he wasn't in the courtyard? She wondered, practically glued to the spot on the floor.
How was it that Blake was even away from the courtyard and still managed to be found by one of the people he was casually avoiding? It was just his luck. He caught his ball and offered a little wave, stepping back from the swinging pendulum.

It was fine he waved, right? He couldn't really ignore her. It would be weird.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
How was it that Blake was even away from the courtyard and still managed to be found by one of the people he was casually avoiding? It was just his luck. He caught his ball and offered a little wave, stepping back from the swinging pendulum.

It was fine he waved, right? He couldn't really ignore her. It would be weird.
So...he did see her. He saw her awkwardly standing there. Blushing, Margaret waved back, taking a few steps forward. "Hi," she said. Flying, she was supposed to be going to practice flying. She was just passing through.

"Can I join you?"

Flying could wait.
Old 01-12-2022, 05:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
So...he did see her. He saw her awkwardly standing there. Blushing, Margaret waved back, taking a few steps forward. "Hi," she said. Flying, she was supposed to be going to practice flying. She was just passing through.

"Can I join you?"

Flying could wait.
Blake noticed how awkward she was being. He was secretly glad it was her this time and not him. "Hi..." he said, returning the greeting slowly. "Didn't expect you out here." Did that give away his plan of semi avoiding everyone?

He blinked a few times and caught his ball. "Um. If you want? Gotta watch out for the pendulum though..."

Old 01-17-2022, 04:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Blake noticed how awkward she was being. He was secretly glad it was her this time and not him. "Hi..." he said, returning the greeting slowly. "Didn't expect you out here." Did that give away his plan of semi avoiding everyone?

He blinked a few times and caught his ball. "Um. If you want? Gotta watch out for the pendulum though..."
Don't be weird, Margaret. There was no avoiding it, really, but she had to try. "I didn't expect you here, either," she said, shrugging. She didn't need to tell him she'd have gone a different way if she knew he was here. He didn't need to know that.

She glanced from him to the pendulum, noting that it didn't move very quickly. It would be easy to avoid, especially since it had a predictable path. Back and forth. Simple. "I think I can avoid getting hid by the pendulum," she said, smiling slightly. It was easier than dodging bludgers, after all.

And she did want to kick a football with him. She'd felt awkward since the train, and maybe this way...maybe if they were occupied with an activity, it would make hanging out easier. Plus, if she wasn't going to fly, she needed to do something active. "I'm ready," she said, positioning herself just out of reach of the pendulum. "Pass it to me?"
Old 01-22-2022, 03:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Don't be weird, Margaret. There was no avoiding it, really, but she had to try. "I didn't expect you here, either," she said, shrugging. She didn't need to tell him she'd have gone a different way if she knew he was here. He didn't need to know that.

She glanced from him to the pendulum, noting that it didn't move very quickly. It would be easy to avoid, especially since it had a predictable path. Back and forth. Simple. "I think I can avoid getting hid by the pendulum," she said, smiling slightly. It was easier than dodging bludgers, after all.

And she did want to kick a football with him. She'd felt awkward since the train, and maybe this way...maybe if they were occupied with an activity, it would make hanging out easier. Plus, if she wasn't going to fly, she needed to do something active. "I'm ready," she said, positioning herself just out of reach of the pendulum. "Pass it to me?"
This. Was. Hard. Blake hated it. Blake hated it so much. Why did being friends with an ex suck so much?

He nodded as he took a few steps back. He glanced between her and the pendulum, being sure she was out of the way, before kicking it over.

He then opened his mouth to ask how she was... and then decided against it. He thought for a few more seconds before asking something that was relatively safe. "How's quidditch practice going?" He assumed she was practicing during the year again.

Old 01-22-2022, 05:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
This. Was. Hard. Blake hated it. Blake hated it so much. Why did being friends with an ex suck so much?

He nodded as he took a few steps back. He glanced between her and the pendulum, being sure she was out of the way, before kicking it over.

He then opened his mouth to ask how she was... and then decided against it. He thought for a few more seconds before asking something that was relatively safe. "How's quidditch practice going?" He assumed she was practicing during the year again.
She hated this, too. Keeping one eye on the pendulum, she stepped in front of the football to stop it. Half expecting to pass the football back and forth in silence, she was surprised by the question. They were making small talk now?

Margaret shrugged. "It's good. That's where I was going to go." Before she'd changed her mind. To play football instead. "How's tennis?"

There were probably a dozen other things she could ask him about but, if he was skipping to sports, she would too. She kicked the ball back toward him.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
She hated this, too. Keeping one eye on the pendulum, she stepped in front of the football to stop it. Half expecting to pass the football back and forth in silence, she was surprised by the question. They were making small talk now?

Margaret shrugged. "It's good. That's where I was going to go." Before she'd changed her mind. To play football instead. "How's tennis?"

There were probably a dozen other things she could ask him about but, if he was skipping to sports, she would too. She kicked the ball back toward him.
Blake kept his eyes on the ball. Not the girl. Definitely not the girl. The ball.

Expect when she spoke, then his eyes found her again.

"Oh..." he said slowly. "I don't mean to keep you if you'd rather be doing that..."

He kicked the ball back before stopping it first. "I... uh... actually haven't played since we got back to school." And she already knew that he won the doubles competition with Lumi over the summer, that came up in mirror chats.

Old 01-23-2022, 06:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Blake kept his eyes on the ball. Not the girl. Definitely not the girl. The ball.

Expect when she spoke, then his eyes found her again.

"Oh..." he said slowly. "I don't mean to keep you if you'd rather be doing that..."

He kicked the ball back before stopping it first. "I... uh... actually haven't played since we got back to school." And she already knew that he won the doubles competition with Lumi over the summer, that came up in mirror chats.
Margaret was having less trouble focusing on the football. And the pendulum. It was very distracting.

"Oh, no, you're not keeping me," she quickly assured Blake. If he wanted her to leave, he'd have to ask her to leave. In the meantime, she was going to pretend that everything was fine and they were fine. This was fine, right? Friends did stuff like this?

She paused when he said he hadn't played tennis all term. Frowning, she looked over at him. He'd worked so hard to get good at tennis, and now what? Just stopped? That was odd. "Why not?"
Old 01-26-2022, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Margaret was having less trouble focusing on the football. And the pendulum. It was very distracting.

"Oh, no, you're not keeping me," she quickly assured Blake. If he wanted her to leave, he'd have to ask her to leave. In the meantime, she was going to pretend that everything was fine and they were fine. This was fine, right? Friends did stuff like this?

She paused when he said he hadn't played tennis all term. Frowning, she looked over at him. He'd worked so hard to get good at tennis, and now what? Just stopped? That was odd. "Why not?"
Blake did his best not to maintain eye contact, which was difficult considering he liked looking at Margaret.

"Okay. Good." She was more than welcome to hang out. [s]For forever.[/b]

Heh. This was something he didn't want to talk about. "Things with Lumi are weird right now." Understatement of the year.

"I think I want to spend all of next summer with my aunt." he said quickly changing the subject. He'd skip over the fact that he wanted to do that and just not come back after.

Old 01-30-2022, 07:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Blake did his best not to maintain eye contact, which was difficult considering he liked looking at Margaret.

"Okay. Good." She was more than welcome to hang out. [s]For forever.[/b]

Heh. This was something he didn't want to talk about. "Things with Lumi are weird right now." Understatement of the year.

"I think I want to spend all of next summer with my aunt." he said quickly changing the subject. He'd skip over the fact that he wanted to do that and just not come back after.
The not holding eye contact bit was really messing with her brain. Weren't they friends?? Why didn't he want to look at her?!

As for things being weird with Lumi...she couldn't help but feel a bit smug. But also...didn't want to talk about her. So she was glad for the immediate change of subject.

"All summer? That sounds cool," she said. "Does she do the cursebreaking stuff with her uni students for the whole summer, then?" She wouldn't want to spend all summer with a relative, but Blake was different. And he didn't have Quidditch all summer, like she did. She glanced at the pendulum, which she'd somehow gotten closer to, and took a step away from it. Then back to looking at Blake.

"I'm spending Christmas with my ma," she volunteered. Since she'd been with her father for most of the summer, that was the agreement.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
The not holding eye contact bit was really messing with her brain. Weren't they friends?? Why didn't he want to look at her?!

As for things being weird with Lumi...she couldn't help but feel a bit smug. But also...didn't want to talk about her. So she was glad for the immediate change of subject.

"All summer? That sounds cool," she said. "Does she do the cursebreaking stuff with her uni students for the whole summer, then?" She wouldn't want to spend all summer with a relative, but Blake was different. And he didn't have Quidditch all summer, like she did. She glanced at the pendulum, which she'd somehow gotten closer to, and took a step away from it. Then back to looking at Blake.

"I'm spending Christmas with my ma," she volunteered. Since she'd been with her father for most of the summer, that was the agreement.
Blake was very grateful they didn't stay on the girl topic for long. As long as they ignored boy and girl talk things were almost... normal... natural.

He missed this. He missed this so much.

Stupid feelings ruining best friend stuff.

He nodded. "Yeah. She always goes somewhere interesting with her students and interns. And I always spend two weeks with her." He was just ready for longer. In fact, he'd talked to his family about just staying with Bella or Thomas after the summer.

"Oh yeah? In France?" he asked. "Are you... excited about that?" He expected she wasn't. He was even almost tempted to ask if she wanted to spend the break with him again. But no. He couldn't do that. They weren't like that anymore. Did he mention lately how much this hurt?

Old 02-05-2022, 11:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Blake was very grateful they didn't stay on the girl topic for long. As long as they ignored boy and girl talk things were almost... normal... natural.

He missed this. He missed this so much.

Stupid feelings ruining best friend stuff.

He nodded. "Yeah. She always goes somewhere interesting with her students and interns. And I always spend two weeks with her." He was just ready for longer. In fact, he'd talked to his family about just staying with Bella or Thomas after the summer.

"Oh yeah? In France?" he asked. "Are you... excited about that?" He expected she wasn't. He was even almost tempted to ask if she wanted to spend the break with him again. But no. He couldn't do that. They weren't like that anymore. Did he mention lately how much this hurt?
Somehow she kept scooting closer to the pendulum. Realizing this, Margaret took another step away. She watched Blake carefully as he talked more about spending even more time cursebreaking. While she knew how much he liked it, spending all summer basically studying did not sound like a good use of time to her. There'd be time for that when they graduated. Summers were supposed to be a break from learning, she thought.

And Christmas, too. A break from studying. "Yes, in France," she said flatly. She shrugged, looking down. "It's going to be different," she said. She wasn't excited, but not dreading it either. It would be better than being stuck at Hogwarts over the holiday, she supposed, but it still wasn't normal for her. Nothing was normal anymore.

"My brothers will be there, too," she added after a minute. That would make it better, at least.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Somehow she kept scooting closer to the pendulum. Realizing this, Margaret took another step away. She watched Blake carefully as he talked more about spending even more time cursebreaking. While she knew how much he liked it, spending all summer basically studying did not sound like a good use of time to her. There'd be time for that when they graduated. Summers were supposed to be a break from learning, she thought.

And Christmas, too. A break from studying. "Yes, in France," she said flatly. She shrugged, looking down. "It's going to be different," she said. She wasn't excited, but not dreading it either. It would be better than being stuck at Hogwarts over the holiday, she supposed, but it still wasn't normal for her. Nothing was normal anymore.

"My brothers will be there, too," she added after a minute. That would make it better, at least.
It was a good thing that Margaret moved. Blake was getting concerned with how close she was getting to the pendulum. Her getting knocked out was the last thing he needed right now (or ever actually, please don't get hurt). Quidditch injuries were the only ones that he begrudgingly accepted.

He nodded slowly. It was good she'd have most of her family together at least. "How have they dealt with the change?"

Old 02-28-2022, 04:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
It was a good thing that Margaret moved. Blake was getting concerned with how close she was getting to the pendulum. Her getting knocked out was the last thing he needed right now (or ever actually, please don't get hurt). Quidditch injuries were the only ones that he begrudgingly accepted.

He nodded slowly. It was good she'd have most of her family together at least. "How have they dealt with the change?"
She took another step away from the pendulum again. It had a weird sort of gravity to it. "My brothers? They're fine, I suppose," she said, shrugging. She didn't really know what all went on at home when she wasn't there. Football, she supposed. And video games.

"Could you still visit next summer? From staying with your aunt? Or is it too busy?" Not that she needed him to visit, or that she expected him to, but friends...visited. It would be nice if he could come to a Quidditch match. Like he had before, when they were just friends.