FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1018 users online including...
RoastWanky , RichardFeemo , Waddles , Alexrut , Austinwals , Davidwoomb , astrocat , Eldargal

11 members
1007 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 62: September - December 2022

Term 62: September - December 2022 Term Sixty-Two: The Gift of the Peeves (Sept 2108 - June 2109)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2022, 02:22 AM

Lightbulb VR Flying Adventure

The spring sun shone across the grounds, lighting up the practice pitch in its warm glow. Professor Escalante stood at his usual spot by the entrance gate, awaiting the students’ arrival. He had planned a fun activity, the students have been stressing all thanks to Peeves, so this activity was intended to lower cortisol levels and produce some serotonin.

As such, today the students weren’t asked to bring a broomstick. No. As they came into the Practice Pitch, students would notice brooms have already been set out all over, all a few yards apart. There were no personal brooms allowed, as this activity wasn’t their usual. It was a fun day. A table stood where the professor usually perched himself, and on it rested peculiar-looking…goggles?

There was also no need for warm-up laps. One would ask themselves, why not? Professor Escalante always had them warm-up. It was his bread and butter. What was going on? Was the man okay?

Wait and see…

OOC: Hiiii, all! Welcome to our first group activity RP. I’m soooo excited! Have your character come in and chill for a little or wonder with their classmates what the hippogriffs Kennedy is up to. ^__^ I’ll be posting again soon-ish.

Activity Progression:

- Responses & VR Introduction
Old 11-16-2022, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

What an absolutely GORGEOUS day!

This was Aria’s thoughts as she bounced her way to the practice pitch. Both of her hands were covered in pretty purple gloves {the gloves had been a suggestion by Professor Paton} which she had designed and tailored herself. There were even some sequins sewn onto them for a little extra pizazz.

“Hi, professor!” The sixth year gave the man a happy smile. There was much to be happy about in her life and as such, the peskiness of her power had taken a backseat. Her eyes took in the set up of the pitch, noting the brooms and the goggle-like things. “I have no idea what you’re up to but it’s going to be mighty interesting today. I can tell!”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺

Last edited by FearlessLeader19; 11-16-2022 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Luther strode towards the Practice Pitch rather happily. Even though the cold made him feel incredibly alive, the bright sun and chilly spring weather were welcome changes.

When he reached Professor, Luther spoke cheerfully than what most are used to seeing from him, "Hello, Professor. A great day it is. Hope you are doing ok. I wonder what you have planned for the lesson."

Seeing Aria has already arrived, he waved at the Slytherin with the same smile on his face. Noticing the chic gloves, he said "Nice gloves there, Aria!"
Old 11-17-2022, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Desiree couldn’t wait for today’s activity! Ever since she saw the notice on the Hufflepuff noticeboard, she was intrigued by the idea of VR flying, so much so that she practically skipped down the path to the practice pitch. It just occurred to her that this was the first time she’d skipped anywhere since Peeves’s teddy rat curse happened!

“Hi, Professor!” She greeted with a smile and an enthusiastic wave that resembled her old self. She stared intently at the goggles on the table beside Escalante. Ooh, did those work like muggle VR helmets, or did they run on magic? Probably magic, but which spells did it use? “Those are cool! How do they work?”

While she awaited an answer to her question, she stepped away from the table to stand with the other students. “Hi,” she greeted, waving to Aria and Luther in turn. Then she saw Aria’s purple sequined gloves. Oh, how very princessy! “I like your gloves!”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 11-19-2022, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Keighley had a spring in her step which of course resulted in flowers blooming up from the ground in all colors. This was normal for her as was the bright smile on her face as she made her way out onto the pitch for the days flying activity. She couldn't wait to see what the Professor had in store for them all.

"Hello, Professor! This looks like it's going to be interesting." The Hufflepuff gave a nod of her head towards all the brooms that were already lined up hovering off the ground. Clearly this was going to be a very different sort of activity then what they were all normally used to during their flying lessons.

Bouncing on the balls of her feet, Keigh smiled and gave a little finger wiggle to Aria, Luther and Desiree. "I wonder what we're going to be doing." she spoke out loud to the three of them. Whatever it was, she was sure it as going to be great.

You are Bread!
Old 11-19-2022, 11:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash wasn't exactly in a 'good' mood. But the fresh air did her a world of good, and she even had a little smile on her face as she walked across the grounds. What kind of activity would they be doing today? Why no personal brooms? She approached the group, making her way to the table. "I know what these are," she commented quietly. She knew all about muggle tech because of her father. Not wanting to spoil the surprise, and wondering about what they were doing with virtual reality, she took a spot by the professor. "Hey professor Escalante." Another smile, because she respected the professor and enjoyed his classes and activities.
Old 11-20-2022, 01:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

SPOILER!!: Responses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
What an absolutely GORGEOUS day!

This was Aria’s thoughts as she bounced her way to the practice pitch. Both of her hands were covered in pretty purple gloves {the gloves had been a suggestion by Professor Paton} which she had designed and tailored herself. There were even some sequins sewn onto them for a little extra pizazz.

“Hi, professor!” The sixth year gave the man a happy smile. There was much to be happy about in her life and as such, the peskiness of her power had taken a backseat. Her eyes took in the set up of the pitch, noting the brooms and the goggle-like things. “I have no idea what you’re up to but it’s going to be mighty interesting today. I can tell!”
“Good day, Miss McLeod,” Kennedy greeted, smiling a little at the Slytherin’s comment. “You’ll find out soon.” What fun would it be if he spoiled the surprise? He was curious if some of the students have ever used this contraption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Luther strode towards the Practice Pitch rather happily. Even though the cold made him feel incredibly alive, the bright sun and chilly spring weather were welcome changes.

When he reached Professor, Luther spoke cheerfully than what most are used to seeing from him, "Hello, Professor. A great day it is. Hope you are doing ok. I wonder what you have planned for the lesson."

Seeing Aria has already arrived, he waved at the Slytherin with the same smile on his face. Noticing the chic gloves, he said "Nice gloves there, Aria!"
A cheerful Luther. Kennedy smiled at the younger wizard. He had no idea what had gotten the kid in such good spirits. Whatever it was, it was nice to see his students so full of life. “Good morning, Mister Starriver. It is quite a nice day both in health and day.” As for what he had planned; patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Desiree couldn’t wait for today’s activity! Ever since she saw the notice on the Hufflepuff noticeboard, she was intrigued by the idea of VR flying, so much so that she practically skipped down the path to the practice pitch. It just occurred to her that this was the first time she’d skipped anywhere since Peeves’s teddy rat curse happened!

“Hi, Professor!” She greeted with a smile and an enthusiastic wave that resembled her old self. She stared intently at the goggles on the table beside Escalante. Ooh, did those work like muggle VR helmets, or did they run on magic? Probably magic, but which spells did it use? “Those are cool! How do they work?”

While she awaited an answer to her question, she stepped away from the table to stand with the other students. “Hi,” she greeted, waving to Aria and Luther in turn. Then she saw Aria’s purple sequined gloves. Oh, how very princessy! “I like your gloves!”
Desiree looked to be in better spirits as well. “Good day, Miss Marchand,” Kennedy greeted, flashing her a smile. “It is quite simple, the use of them,” he replied. “I’ll explain in a bit.” He checked his watch. A few more minutes and he’ll start them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Keighley had a spring in her step which of course resulted in flowers blooming up from the ground in all colors. This was normal for her as was the bright smile on her face as she made her way out onto the pitch for the days flying activity. She couldn't wait to see what the Professor had in store for them all.

"Hello, Professor! This looks like it's going to be interesting." The Hufflepuff gave a nod of her head towards all the brooms that were already lined up hovering off the ground. Clearly this was going to be a very different sort of activity then what they were all normally used to during their flying lessons.

Bouncing on the balls of her feet, Keigh smiled and gave a little finger wiggle to Aria, Luther and Desiree. "I wonder what we're going to be doing." she spoke out loud to the three of them. Whatever it was, she was sure it as going to be great.
“Hello, Miss Anders,” Kennedy responded, noticing she has come to terms with the gift Peeves so graciously placed upon her. It seems most students have grown to work with it, actually. Children were incredibly adaptable. Still, Kennedy wished to have a few words with Peeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash wasn't exactly in a 'good' mood. But the fresh air did her a world of good, and she even had a little smile on her face as she walked across the grounds. What kind of activity would they be doing today? Why no personal brooms? She approached the group, making her way to the table. "I know what these are," she commented quietly. She knew all about muggle tech because of her father. Not wanting to spoil the surprise, and wondering about what they were doing with virtual reality, she took a spot by the professor. "Hey professor Escalante." Another smile, because she respected the professor and enjoyed his classes and activities.
Kennedy tried to suppress a smile when he heard Ashley’s comment. Hopefully she’d enjoy this activity if she was aware of what VR headsets were. “Hello, Miss Fox. It’s nice seeing you join us.” This wasn’t a mandatory activity, so her participation was welcome.

Glancing at his watch, Kennedy decided it was time to start this thing. He was sure the rest of the students were as well. “Good day and welcome to a different kind of flying. As you might have noticed, things are a bit different today.” The fact that he had not required them to bring a broom to class was the first sign. The second, and most important, there was no warm-up.

“Here on this table I have virtual reality headsets. They are popular in the world of video games.” They were familiar with video games, yes? If not that's alright. “Their purpose is to replace your natural environment with a virtual one by immersing you into a 3D experience. The way it works is quite simple,” he explained, picking up one of the headsets. “You place this on your head and make sure it covers your eyes. These are already set with the game we will play today.” Easy to understand instructions so far?

“Typically these headsets are used while standing or sitting, however, we are going to wear them while on a broom.” He gestured the broomsticks behind the crowd of students. “The way it’ll work is; you mount a broom and slip on the VR headsets. There is a button on the right side, which you’ll press to turn on--if you wish to end the game before it finishes, simply press that same button to turn it off.”

“Now that we have the mechanics out of the way, let's move onto the game--the real fun. Once you’re on your broom and the headset is turned on, you will be immersed into a land far, far away. The goal is to fly and explore the land until you find a golden star, which you will collect. When you collect the star, you will find a portal which will lead you to the next landscape.” A hint of a smirk snuck across his face. “There will be obstacles in these lands such as creatures, weather, terrain. There is no need to worry about your actual safety. The brooms you will be using today are charmed to hover and move as you like, AND remain in their spot. There will be no crashing or falling.” He made sure of that. Imagine every single student flying around, blind? It was a recipe for catastrophe.

“If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.” Questions were appreciated, always. “You may come up and grab a VR headset and begin your quest. Remember to mount a broom and press the button to begin.”

OOC: Hi, all! Excuse my delay. I hope you all have fun with this little activity.
The way this will work is once your character has grabbed a VR headset, mounted a broom and put on the headset, they will be immersed into the first landscape. In the image I have attached, it shows a little glowing star and a blue swirly portal. You could have your character struggle as much as you want for them to collect the star, or have them breeze through it. It is up to you and their level of flying skills.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to get back to you.

I’ll be posting the next landscape come Monday.

Landscape details:
Your character appears inside a dark cave dotted with blue glowing stalactites. They reflect off the river that runs across the entirety of the cave. They're beautiful and entrancing. So peaceful. That is until you notice some of the stalactites...blink? As you take a closer look you realize they are not mineral formations, but...creatures? Out of nowhere those creatures sprout wings that look similar to butterflies, but what makes them terrible is the clicking sound they make. Will you wait and see if they're friendly? Or will you fly and search for the precious star?

Old 11-20-2022, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

OOOOH!

Aria truly hadn’t expected the positive reactions to her gloves! The pretty words were so appreciated! “Thank you, Luther, Desiree! I can always show you both how to embroider sequins into your clothing if you like.” A finger wiggle wave was returned to Keighley. “I’m not sure. Those goggles are mighty interesting though. I’m sure I’ve seen them somewhere… I think they’re a Muggle invention…” Emphasis on the word ‘think’.

Her bafflement was cleared up a short time later. That’s right! These were VIRTUAL REALITY headset! Aria could see where Escalante was going with this for her gaze had turned towards the broomsticks that had been set out once again. Overall, she mentally rated this activity A+ because it sounded so exciting. Questions? There were none from her so Aria collected her headset before going off to select a broomstick. Once she had, she mounted it, slipped on the headset and pressed the button.

There was a rather loud gasp from her when the scene came up. What a pretty cave! Almost immediately, the golden star was spotted, the glow of it noticeable in the distance. Grabbing it was going to be a piece of scone!

Old 11-21-2022, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

SPOILER!!: Talented Aria
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
OOOOH!

Aria truly hadn’t expected the positive reactions to her gloves! The pretty words were so appreciated! “Thank you, Luther, Desiree! I can always show you both how to embroider sequins into your clothing if you like.” A finger wiggle wave was returned to Keighley. “I’m not sure. Those goggles are mighty interesting though. I’m sure I’ve seen them somewhere… I think they’re a Muggle invention…” Emphasis on the word ‘think’.

Crafts and arts have never been something that caught Luther's attention but he thought 'What's the worst that could happen?' and said "Sure, Aria. I must warn you though I am terrible at this stuff."
SPOILER!!: Professor Escalante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
SPOILER!!: Response

A cheerful Luther. Kennedy smiled at the younger wizard. He had no idea what had gotten the kid in such good spirits. Whatever it was, it was nice to see his students so full of life. “Good morning, Mister Starriver. It is quite a nice day both in health and day.” As for what he had planned; patience.

Glancing at his watch, Kennedy decided it was time to start this thing. He was sure the rest of the students were as well. “Good day and welcome to a different kind of flying. As you might have noticed, things are a bit different today.” The fact that he had not required them to bring a broom to class was the first sign. The second, and most important, there was no warm-up.

“Here on this table I have virtual reality headsets. They are popular in the world of video games.” They were familiar with video games, yes? If not that's alright. “Their purpose is to replace your natural environment with a virtual one by immersing you into a 3D experience. The way it works is quite simple,” he explained, picking up one of the headsets. “You place this on your head and make sure it covers your eyes. These are already set with the game we will play today.” Easy to understand instructions so far?

“Typically these headsets are used while standing or sitting, however, we are going to wear them while on a broom.” He gestured the broomsticks behind the crowd of students. “The way it’ll work is; you mount a broom and slip on the VR headsets. There is a button on the right side, which you’ll press to turn on--if you wish to end the game before it finishes, simply press that same button to turn it off.”

“Now that we have the mechanics out of the way, let's move onto the game--the real fun. Once you’re on your broom and the headset is turned on, you will be immersed into a land far, far away. The goal is to fly and explore the land until you find a golden star, which you will collect. When you collect the star, you will find a portal which will lead you to the next landscape.” A hint of a smirk snuck across his face. “There will be obstacles in these lands such as creatures, weather, terrain. There is no need to worry about your actual safety. The brooms you will be using today are charmed to hover and move as you like, AND remain in their spot. There will be no crashing or falling.” He made sure of that. Imagine every single student flying around, blind? It was a recipe for catastrophe.

“If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.” Questions were appreciated, always. “You may come up and grab a VR headset and begin your quest. Remember to mount a broom and press the button to begin.”

OOC: Hi, all! Excuse my delay. I hope you all have fun with this little activity.
The way this will work is once your character has grabbed a VR headset, mounted a broom and put on the headset, they will be immersed into the first landscape. In the image I have attached, it shows a little glowing star and a blue swirly portal. You could have your character struggle as much as you want for them to collect the star, or have them breeze through it. It is up to you and their level of flying skills.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to get back to you.

I’ll be posting the next landscape come Monday.

Landscape details:
Your character appears inside a dark cave dotted with blue glowing stalactites. They reflect off the river that runs across the entirety of the cave. They're beautiful and entrancing. So peaceful. That is until you notice some of the stalactites...blink? As you take a closer look you realize they are not mineral formations, but...creatures? Out of nowhere those creatures sprout wings that look similar to butterflies, but what makes them terrible is the clicking sound they make. Will you wait and see if they're friendly? Or will you fly and search for the precious star?

Luther was absolutely fascinated by the idea. The possibilities and the places he would use the headset to travel to raced around his mind. With an even bigger smile than before, Luther said "This is a wonderful idea, Professor. Thank you!" while grabbing a headset before mounting his broom and starting the activity as the Professor instructed.

After a moment of darkness in the headset, Luther's eyes were greeted by a landscape of what seemed like a cave with glowing stalagmites and a river.

As Luther was looking around to see what was around him, he noticed that the glowing stalagmites blinked. For a moment, Luther was confused then he heard a clicking sound. Then the sound amplified and amplified as he realized the glowing parts of the stalagmites were actually flying creatures. Deciding he did not want to be in their path, Luther carefully descended to the surface of the river hoping to avoid the creatures. When he was hovering just above the surface, he looked up and tried to identify what the creatures actually were.

However, due to the dark interior of the cave, he couldn't discern any distinct features. Sighing Luther thought 'I'd better find that star.' and started to fly slowly towards the direction the river was flowing while searching for a sign of the star.

Last edited by Freyr; 11-23-2022 at 06:30 PM. Reason: wrong professor, sorry
Old 11-22-2022, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Grabbing the scone was not going to be a piece of scone after all.

Despite Escalante’s vague explanation about the hurdles they might face, Aria had been quite confident in her ability to secure the star. As it was, she was now busy facing off her first obstacles. These things were definitely not stalactites. Flying closer she realised they were shaped oddly. Aria slowed down, wanting to approach cautiously. She was right to, wasn’t she?

Before she knew it, the creatures had wings. WHAAAAT?! Also, what was that clicking sound? Teeth?! Pincers?! This Slytherin’s heart was thudding with such a force that she knew it was a bad idea to stick around to find out exactly what they were. She turned and bolted in another direction - a direction that would take her from these creatures and safely {she hoped} to that star. Were those creatures following her? Aria kept glancing over her shoulder to make sure they weren’t.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8

Broomsticks darted from side to side, front to back. Some were even performing maneuvers learned in class. Kennedy had no way to see how the students were doing, but by the way they were handling themselves so far, it seemed they had this. He, of course, had played these games before introducing them to the students. During the winter holidays he and his brother had tested them out, and if it was fun to a pair of fully grown men, then it would hopefully be entertaining for the students.

As he walked around the pitch, making sure everything was running smoothly, the portal for a second landscape appeared inside the game…

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Landscape
As soon as the star is collected a portal hums alive, a few feet away a blue swirl invites you in. Once you cross it the portal behind you disappears, but that doesn’t matter right now. Right now you’re hovering over yet another body of water, but it is not in a cave. You are situated in between pillars shaped as enormous dragons. As you take a closer look, you realize these are ruins.

Who lived here? What lived here? What happened?

Why was it so quiet?

Soon a shriek fills the silence. Overhead a group of…crows--or was it bats?--cry in unison. They seem to not have noticed you until one of them becomes aware of your presence. The group u-turns midair!

Oh no…are they coming after you?!

FLY!

OOC: New landscape is up! Your character is welcome to portal here whenever they are ready. I appreciate you all so much. I’ll post the next landscape.

If you’re just popping in there’s no need to catch up (though you’re more than welcome to), you could have your character join whichever landscape you’d like. ^__^

Last edited by Deezerz; 11-26-2022 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

As Luther swiftly flew over the surface of the river, the winged creatures passed over his head. 'There must be thousands of them.' thought Luther just before seeing a star like those he saw in video games hovering next to a stalagmite which seemed not to be housing any of those creatures. Without letting the star leave his sight, Luther checked the cave once more to see if there was any other secret but he couldn't find any.

The moment his hand touched the star, a blue swirling portal appeared above another rock. Reminding himself that this was a simulation regardless of how real it felt, he flew through it hoping not to find something too dangerous.

Even though there was no immediate danger, at least the moment the new place appeared, the enormous sculptures of the dragons rubbed Luther the wrong way. As he was slowly descending next to the base of a dragon, he heard a shriek. When he looked at where the sound came from, he saw a group of flying creatures. Just as he thought 'At least they didn't see me.', one of the creatures noticed him and they started to fly in his direction.

After freezing for a moment, Luther sobered up and started to fly down the river. While trying to find somewhere to hide, he saw another star shining bright. Looking at the group of creatures chasing him, he sighed and started to fly as fast as he could towards the star.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

This activity seemed simple enough to Ash... and out of the two virtual reality experiences she'd had at hogwarts, this was infinitely preferable to setting a muggle kid's house on fire. She hopped on her broom with her headset and began the game.

First, she was in a cave... oh, it was entrancing. Ash was mesmerized by the water and the glow of the stalactites. She made no effort to go anywhere, simply hovering in the air and staring into her reflection in the water. That was until the stalactites turned into butterflies. Don't get her wrong, Ash loved butterflies and butterflies loved Ash, but this wasn't the same. And she did NOT like that sound. Mildly frightened, Ash followed the river and zoomed away from the creatures. She was going so fast, she nearly missed the star, but she did end up getting to it before the creatures could get her. She quickly flew through the portal, and was peaceful again.

Again, Ash was distracted by the beauty of her surroundings. This place was breathtaking. Water. Colossal dragon statues. She felt really small. She curiously explored the place, barely noticing anything else happening until a nearby group of creatures cried out. It caused Ash to shriek and tense in real life, startled by the noise. And then it was like the creatures saw her, and they were chasing her, and... she tensed in real life. She flew away from them, weaving, searching for a star. She half wanted to turn off the game, but then she'd look weak- and the star was in sight. She just needed to make it to her portal. Then it'd be fine, she thought.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Flying experience…check.
Immersive experience...check

Together in one activity…that hadn’t happened before and Rajesh wasn’t sure of the experience. He listened intently as Professor Escalante described what would be going on and happening, at least relieved that the brooms would actually be staying in one rough location instead of moving along with what you would think you would be doing in the Virtual Reality atmosphere. A little less risk of danger while having run in the unreal world they would supposedly be seeing with the help of the headset.

He didn’t have any questions at the moment though he figured that might all change after. So he moved to retrieve one of the headset and settled in a spot not currently occupied with another student, mounting one of the hovering brooms. At the moment it is not the most exciting activity, not when the normal flying class was more fun. But putting on the headset and pressing the button as directed changed all that when he was greeted by the first virtual environment.

Cue dark cave, not too unlike one they had near the reserve though perhaps quite a bit larger. Rajesh took in the surroundings complete with the glowing river that flowed beneath him and the stalactites hanging from above. He guided the broom to ‘move’ to slowly fly among them, freezing when he noticed the blink.

Had he awoken a creature?

Something he didn’t readily recognize as two of the closer ones took to flight once alerted to his presence. His curiosity got the better of him as he tentatively flew closer trying to wrack his brain. What were they? And were they a danger to him? The clicking of their wings brought him back to the latter thought. “Nice creatures…” he mused softly as he gingerly pulled backwards on the broom. If only he could clearly tell them that he really meant no harm, but it didn’t seem he was going to get that opportunity as he had to dive instead as the first two were joined by others and decided to try and swarm him.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Somehow… somehow Aria managed to escape the winged thing and then managed to get to the star. Instantly, a blue portal appeared and there was no hesitation from her to zoom into it. She was transported to the next setting, one which took her breath away. The water! The pillars! Just… WOW!!! Aria was immediately in love with the place.

The girl would truly have loved to just hover there to enjoy the peace but then it didn't make sense because that peace was suddenly gone. The shriek startled Aria out of her wits. Bats! And that’s when she panicked because the entire lot had suddenly decided they wanted to come after her.

“I just wanted to enjoy the view!’’ Aria yelled over her shoulder because she was making haste in departing this particular spot. Darn those bats!

Old 11-26-2022, 01:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

They didn’t succeed in the swarming but that didn’t mean they were going to stop trying. Rajesh was quick to learn that so he furthered his evasive movements around both the creatures and whatever obstacles the actual stone surfaces of the cave presented to him as he moved from side to side and up and down on his broom like he was actually flying. It was only when he noticed the glowing star off in the distance after one particular turn that he remembered what the whole point of the experiment was and flew right towards it.

And so did the butterfly-winged creatures he really wanted to find out more about.

If they were actually real in the real world in the first place. But for now he was diving….pulling up just before the river, the maneuver causing a few of his pursuers to fall for the trick into the water. That made it a little easier to continue his way towards the star but it was close. So…very…close. Until finally he grasped the star and was rewarded by the next portal to the new environment. Thankfully only a few feet away so it wasn’t another race to avoid his creature companions.

Soon enough he was through the swirl of blue and found himself hovering above a lake it seemed. Though his attention was quickly grabbed by the two stone dragon pillars that flanked him. WOW! They were gorgeous and something he kinda wished he could share with his Papa with his love of all things dragons. He’d just have to do his best to remember the details or maybe share the memory via pensieve when returning home for the term.

However, before he could think more on the matter his gaze was pulled upwards by the sound of another batch of flying creatures. After the experience in the cave Rajesh was more cautious about approaching but soon enough he was noticed without any further movement. Uh oh. It seemed he was in for another race! Running from creatures he’d rather study and interact with was hardly something he liked doing but he wasn’t thinking he had any choice as he took off once more away from his pursuers.
Old 11-26-2022, 06:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8

The dragon landscape had been one of Kennedy’s favorite landscapes. It was breathtaking and his brain refused to believe it wasn’t real. To live in a land like that, it’d be interesting for sure.

Walking up and down the pitch his green eyes observed the way the students swerved and maneuvered the brooms. It filled him with pride of how capable they were. Luther seemed to be pushing on that speed. Kennedy noted Ashley tense. He believed in her and believed she could do it, but if she felt the need to take a break, that was perfectly valid. Keeping her in mind, he kept to his course. Rajesh was utilizing maneuvers along with speed. Despite not being inside the game with them, Kennedy could tell he was doing his greatest. His attention was drawn away when he heard Aria. Ha. Same, Aria, same. That was Kennedy’s response when he first tested out the game.

Glancing at his watch, he noticed it was almost time for the activity to end. If he was correct, the students would be nearing the final landscape…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Landscape
At once when you enter through the portal, a warm orange light engulfs you; a beautiful sunset greets you. What is this land? It looks straight out of a fairytale. The castle over the village gleams on the other side of the forest. At the top of the highest tower a golden star twinkles, inviting you forward.

It’s so peaceful. What’s the catch?

Thus far it seems this landscape will be a breeze.

Was that a figure of speech or…was that an actual breeze?

You soon find out it was real. A dark shadow crosses over the hill you hover on. Then another. It was when they roared that they gave away their form. Two young dragons about five feet tall each. Not fully matured, but could very well fly. They look hungry. Did you bring a snack? No? Maybe…maybe you should flyyyyy!

OOC: Hiiii! Hope you all are doing okay! This is the last part of the activity. I hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks for sticking by! ^__^ <3
Old 11-27-2022, 02:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

When Ash was younger, she had liked to pretend that she was a princess of somewhere(instead of facing reality). This land was just like the ones in her imagination. Pretty, peaceful, nothing wrong. She admired the sunset, and the rest of the scenery- but she learned from the last two times and kept herself moving. She continued on towards the star, aware there was a shadow over her but not thinking anything of it. Until she heard a roar. Oh... two dragons. Only small ones, but there were two of them, and they looked like they wanted to eat her, and they were dragons. Ash panicked more than a little bit- she knew they weren't real- but it still wasn't fun anymore- so she pressed the button to make it stop. She took off the headset and dismounted her broom. "Um, I'm going to take a break now," she informed the professor. It was stupid to freak out about something imaginary, and the dragons hadn't even gotten to her yet, but... she was a little shaken up. She walked over to the table to put her headset back(purple flowers following her). It was a good opportunity to collect herself... she leaned on the table, taking a few deep breaths.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Raj had evaded the bat-like creatures long enough to find the golden star he needed, swooping away from his pursuers and grabbing it in motion. The next portal opened up and the sixth year was both reluctant to leave the gorgeous ruins and quick to get out of dodge. If only they had more time before the beasties took notice of you in the virtual reality. Leave the chance for more exploring, though he supposed it was because there was limited time overall for the activity.

Slipping through the orange light he was greeted with, Rajesh ‘slowed’ his broom to just take in the scene before him. Was it possible it just got prettier as the experience went on? A sunset…a castle…a breeze that he didn’t think anything off at first. Except there hadn’t been anything like that in the other two scenarios. And then the shadows fell over him, first one and then the other and while he became more alert, he wasn’t quick to just run, especially when the familiar roar of two adolescent dragons was heard making him smile brightly.

It felt like home.

If only he had something to give them, knowing that hungry look. Wait…..they didn’t want to go after him too?! “Oh, come on…I’m friendly really.” Dad’s a dragonologist for Merlin’s sake. Raj felt weird running from creatures that resembled the very ones he had been raised beside and the reserve. But they didn’t seem to be thinking he was okay so he bowed and reversed out of respect trying to get away but not flee like a coward around dragons.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

It really was something terrifying and overwhelming to look back and see all those creatures coming after you. Aria was trying her utmost to not let panic overcome her. She zoomed this way and that, diving behind the pillars and attempting to use them as cover. Fortunately, all those maneuvers required her full attention and kept her from going into full blown panic mode.

At last she caught up to the next star.

At long last.

And she had survived.

Through the next portal she went.

OH WOW!!!

What a gorgeous Castle!!!

Aria’s breath was taken away as she gazed at the latest scenery. All too soon that beauty was marred by shadows. Then came the roars which made her almost jump out of her skin. Dragons! Sheesh! Did they have to spoil this moment with their appearance? Wait a minute! Why were they looking at her like that?! The girl knew she was a snack but this was ridiculous. Off she soared in the opposite direction.

Old 11-28-2022, 08:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8

Kennedy kept making mental notes. This might be a fun activity for the students, but his mind was always planning ahead, making sure he was paying attention in order to teach them helpful tools. When he heard Ashley, Kennedy turned his attention to her and nodded approvingly. Valid. “Of course. Let me know if you need anything.”

The watch on his wrist buzzed, letting him know it was time to end the activity. He blew his whistle and waved his wand, simultaneously shutting down the power on the VR headsets. “Unfortunately, that is it for today.” Kennedy gave the students a moment to regain their sense of reality. Sometimes it could be a bit disorienting returning back.

“I hope you all had fun. If any of you are ever interested in training with the help of VR headsets or simply want to use them, come to my office and we’ll work something out.” He knew of a certain redhead Slytherin itching to use the headsets for practice purposes, and Kennedy was willing to lend them out, but ONLY under his supervision. “You could leave the headsets by the broom you used. Have a nice day.”

OOC: Thank you all for your creativity! Hope you enjoyed it! <3
Old 11-30-2022, 05:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Luther could feel the creatures flapping their wings at the tail of his broom, a bead of sweat followed another as he got close as possible to his broom.

Just as the first of the creatures was about to catch him, close enough to feel its shriek, Luther passed through the portal. With his momentum, it took a while for Luther to take in his surroundings.

The most beautiful sunset shone behind the most impressive castle ever. 'After Hogwarts of course.' Luther added mentally. However, as he was wondering if he should go and explore the castle, he heard a mighty roar. Then he saw them.

Two dragons. Small yet still scary.

Luther turned towards the portal hovering above one of the weird columns and he started to accelerate towards it. Despite their size, the dragons were catching up to him.

Then a serenity washed over him. 'This is not real.' he thought and slowed down. As the dragons rushed to him, Luther turned towards them and waited.

One Mississippi. Two Mississippi. Three Mis...

Then nothing. The dragons continued to flap their wings in front of him. "I guess you are not supposed to catch me."Luther spoke as he examined the dragons. Then he tried to pet the snout of one of the dragons, however, it quickly evaded his hand. With a frown, Luther turned towards the portal and rushed to it.

The moment he passed through the portal, no new landscape appeared and he was greeted with the same void. Sighing, Luther pressed the button on the goggle, took them off and started descending. "Thank you, Professor. That was awesome." he said to Professor Escalante.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Aria had only just banked a corner and was prepared to out-soar the dragons when… POOF!!! The images vanished just like that. The goggles were removed and she blinked rapidly. Ohhh! That’s right! She was actually at a VR event and not actually out in the world catching stars! Her brain was a little slow in processing this realisation, leaving her to stare blankly at Escalante for a moment.

When she did fully come back to reality though, the sixth year hopped off her broomstick. As instructed, the goggles were left with the broom. “That was quite the lovely activity, Professor! Thank you for that!’’ Aria called, literally skipping past Escalante. “See you around!’’ With a wave, she was off to the Castle.