sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1167 users online including...
Nymphadoraliz , Shawntzs , Stevendalo , Antoniobjl , Antoniodmz , Antonioqum

6 members
1161 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2023, 08:10 PM

Default The Climbing Tree

Graphic credit: Felixir

Standing squarely in the middle of an otherwise featureless lawn is an immense oak tree with sprawling, high-reaching branches, its foliage thick and rich with natural colour, depending on the time of year. The tree is taller than it has any right to be, and seems ideal for climbing. That is, indeed, what your benevolent groundskeeper had in mind when he grew it.

The very lowest branches jut out six feet or so above the ground, but if you can't reach or haul yourself onto these, there are little nooks and conveniently located knots in the trunk to get you started. Up in the higher branches, you'll find platforms and maybe a basic treehouse structure or two, but the real fun to be had is in traversing the tree itself.

Climbing tree though it is, this area also serves as a pleasant meeting place, the vast canopy of leaves providing plenty of shade in the summer months. A plank swing dangles from one of the lower branches, and a tyre swing from another.

It's pretty difficult to confuse this tree with the Whomping Willow. For starters, you're in an entirely different part of the grounds. Not to mention, the climbing tree is an oak, and (presumably) won't maim you for trying to climb it. All the same, you're expected to treat this place with respect. Don't act like a fool, especially when you're high up in the tree. If you do happen to fall, the slowing and softening charms in place around this area will kick in, and you will come to no great harm.

Do as you please here, as long as its within school rules. Relax. Have fun. Go wild.

But maybe not too wild. Javier doesn't have any medical training, after all.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Char/Ali! <3
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Keighley might not have been in the best of moods since arriving back at Hogwarts but she was trying. Everything just felt so different without Jude around now that he had graduated. Thankfully she had mirror calls, lots of letters sent by owl and many people to help cheer her up.

Today was a Charlie and her day. As many hours as they could possibly devote to one another without getting sick of each other. KIDDING! Keigh loved spending time with him, so much so that she had swung by the kitchen to fill up a small basket with some snacks and things for the day. There might even be a thermos or two full of hot cocoa in there along with a few of the toppings she knew he liked best. Ahem, don't mind her for going a bit out of her way sometimes.

Now all the sixteen year old had to do was wait for the boyfriend to get here.

You are Bread!
Old 05-09-2023, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Sunflora! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Keighley might not have been in the best of moods since arriving back at Hogwarts but she was trying. Everything just felt so different without Jude around now that he had graduated. Thankfully she had mirror calls, lots of letters sent by owl and many people to help cheer her up.

Today was a Charlie and her day. As many hours as they could possibly devote to one another without getting sick of each other. KIDDING! Keigh loved spending time with him, so much so that she had swung by the kitchen to fill up a small basket with some snacks and things for the day. There might even be a thermos or two full of hot cocoa in there along with a few of the toppings she knew he liked best. Ahem, don't mind her for going a bit out of her way sometimes.

Now all the sixteen year old had to do was wait for the boyfriend to get here.

These two getting tired of each other?

NEVER!

Charlie had made sure that his Quidditch practice with his fellow U17 Scottish Beater, Archie, wrapped up in time to give him time to head back to the Castle to freshen up before his and Keigh’s date. It was a perfect day out and he really loved that he got to be out and about so much today. After all, the youngest Bergstrand child was the outdoorsy type. He always had been.

“Keigh!’’ Charlie called out the moment he saw her. Grinning, he jogged to catch up, his damp dark brown hair falling over his forehead. “Hi. Your Charmander’s at your service now.” This meant he was going to help carry that basket which a hand was now being held out for.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 05-09-2023, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Charmander! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

These two getting tired of each other?

NEVER!

Charlie had made sure that his Quidditch practice with his fellow U17 Scottish Beater, Archie, wrapped up in time to give him time to head back to the Castle to freshen up before his and Keigh’s date. It was a perfect day out and he really loved that he got to be out and about so much today. After all, the youngest Bergstrand child was the outdoorsy type. He always had been.

“Keigh!’’ Charlie called out the moment he saw her. Grinning, he jogged to catch up, his damp dark brown hair falling over his forehead. “Hi. Your Charmander’s at your service now.” This meant he was going to help carry that basket which a hand was now being held out for.
Good!

The amount of time that Keigh would spend with him was endless, if she could. Though this could be said about pretty much anyone she spent time with. She was a people
person after all.

Hearing her name, Keigh froze in place, a bright smile on her face. "Charmander!" she giggled, holding out the basket for him to take without argument. "It's not that heavy even though I did make sure to pack it rather well for the afternoon." Which is a good thing too since he had just finished up with a Quidditch practice he was bound to be hungry! "Do you want to sit beneath the tree or climb up onto one platforms and eat there?"

You are Bread!
Old 05-14-2023, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Sunflora! <3
Quote:
Good!

The amount of time that Keigh would spend with him was endless, if she could. Though this could be said about pretty much anyone she spent time with. She was a people
person after all.

Hearing her name, Keigh froze in place, a bright smile on her face. "Charmander!" she giggled, holding out the basket for him to take without argument. "It's not that heavy even though I did make sure to pack it rather well for the afternoon." Which is a good thing too since he had just finished up with a Quidditch practice he was bound to be hungry! "Do you want to sit beneath the tree or climb up onto one platforms and eat there?"

Char, being the goofy person that he was, gave his girlfriend a little bow then took the basket. Indeed the object was not heavy and he took a quick peek inside. “But there’s so much in here! Did you put the Feather Light Charm on this?” It was exactly the thing this thoughtful girl would do. Charlie closed the flap of the basket, quite looking forward to the feast that awaited the pair.

Char pondered for only a second. “Let’s head to a platform. It’ll be nice to have a view to go along with the picnic.” Sure the seventh year would have just had a view from being in the air at the pitch but it wasn’t as though he could have paid too much attention to it. Not when practice had been the sole reason he had been out there in the first place. “After you, my lady,’’ Charlie said, doing another little bow.

Old 05-17-2023, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default The Boyfriend! <3

Quote:

Char, being the goofy person that he was, gave his girlfriend a little bow then took the basket. Indeed the object was not heavy and he took a quick peek inside. “But there’s so much in here! Did you put the Feather Light Charm on this?” It was exactly the thing this thoughtful girl would do. Charlie closed the flap of the basket, quite looking forward to the feast that awaited the pair.

Char pondered for only a second. “Let’s head to a platform. It’ll be nice to have a view to go along with the picnic.” Sure the seventh year would have just had a view from being in the air at the pitch but it wasn’t as though he could have paid too much attention to it. Not when practice had been the sole reason he had been out there in the first place. “After you, my lady,’’ Charlie said, doing another little bow.
The cute little bow from the bow had Keigh giggling softly right away. It was always the little things that could make her the happiest. "Well of course I did! You didn't think I would let you go lugging around a super heavy basket, would you?" No, she would not! Even if only for a short distance there was no reason for it. Especially when they were going to be hoisting the basket up into the tree with them.

"You got it!" The blonde readily agreed without hesitation. A picnic up in a tree. Now this was certainly a first for this Hufflepuff. "You only want me to go first so you know where to climb so you won't fall," Keighley teased him with a soft laugh. She knew this wasn't at all true and Charlie was only being his adorable sweet self as always.

Giving a quick glance up at the tree first, Keigh then began the climb. Using the little knots and nooks in the trunk of the tree to get her up onto the first branch. "Do you want to pass the basket up to me or should we just levitate it up once we get up there?"

You are Bread!
Old 05-18-2023, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Girlfriend! <3
Quote:
The cute little bow from the bow had Keigh giggling softly right away. It was always the little things that could make her the happiest. "Well of course I did! You didn't think I would let you go lugging around a super heavy basket, would you?" No, she would not! Even if only for a short distance there was no reason for it. Especially when they were going to be hoisting the basket up into the tree with them.

"You got it!" The blonde readily agreed without hesitation. A picnic up in a tree. Now this was certainly a first for this Hufflepuff. "You only want me to go first so you know where to climb so you won't fall," Keighley teased him with a soft laugh. She knew this wasn't at all true and Charlie was only being his adorable sweet self as always.

Giving a quick glance up at the tree first, Keigh then began the climb. Using the little knots and nooks in the trunk of the tree to get her up onto the first branch. "Do you want to pass the basket up to me or should we just levitate it up once we get up there?"

Of course she did!

And of course there was that cute little giggle. “Don’t you trust my strong Beater arms?” Charlie joked lightly. Aside from Will and Den, Keighley was one of the handful of those that he loved being fully silly with. With them, he never worried about making the wrong joke. But he simply loved how much the girlfriend was always there looking out for him.

One aspect of her personality that was wonderful? The way she was able to dish jabs right back at him. “Usch! You’re onto my motive!’’ Laughing, he hung the basket on the crook of his right arm and prepared to follow the younger Hufflepuff up. “It’s okay, I can manage.” Was Char trying to impress Keighley with his athleticism as usual?

Ja.

* Usch = 'ugh' in Swedish
* Ja = 'yes' in Swedish

Old 05-21-2023, 09:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

Anyone who walked out to the Climbing Tree today would find a troublesome sight. Broken branches are strewn across the ground underneath, foliage is flattened around its trunk, and tufts of grass have been torn up all over the area. It almost looks as if the tree had been blasted by a great storm, but the weather has been clear and cold for days.

What could have happened here?
Old 05-21-2023, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Brandon really enjoyed going outside, even when it was cold. Today, he ventured out to the climbing tree. He brought a novel, thinking maybe he could climb up to one of the platforms and read while it wasn't raining or snowing. But when he approached, he could immediately tell that something was wrong. Branches were everywhere, and the grass around was torn up. He didn't feel safe climbing now. What... what could have happened? He kneeled down and touched one of the branches, feeling a little bit like crying and a little bit like shouting and a little bit numb. "What happened to you?"
Old 05-21-2023, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

Solomon was SUCH an outdoor boy, and always seemed to stumble across something amazing (in his eyes) or some sort of adventure waiting for him. Today was proving differently until he found himself at the climbing tree, where things were looking a little different. The place was an absolute mess, but the weather certainly couldn’t have had anything to do with it. Perhaps the climbing tree and the whomping willow had had an altercation.

Teeehehehheee.

Finding himself in the perfect position for some amusement, Solly silently crept behind the crouching second year (Brandon), with every intention of making him jump, and then spoke abruptly. “Blasting curse gone wrong, huh?” There was a mock accusing tone to his voice, although he knew full well that a second year probably wasn’t practising such a charm on school property.

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing
Old 05-22-2023, 12:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon, like his older sister, was not very fun to scare. Or at least he didn't find being scared very fun. Hearing a sudden voice behind him made him suddenly jump up in fright and then trip over the tree. And get very pale-looking. And shake a little bit. And hyperventilate. A little. Also, he'd tripped.

"I swear I didn't do anything..." He picked himself off the ground, regarding the older student with wide, scared eyes. "It was like this when I came here! I was just going to read my book!!!" So... so don't get him in trouble. The last thing he wanted was to be in trouble... "I don't know why it's like this," he repeated. Just so he knew.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default HI BRANDON & SOLOMON *glomp attacks* - Anna
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Anna had been out and about on the grounds for a bit (Health and Wellness Club exercising!) and then she had decided that she really wanted to collect wildflowers to press and she had been doing such for a fair bit now and had a hefty bouquet in her hand. A bouquet that was too pretty to press, she decided, so instead she may just hand them out to people as she skipped about the grounds.

Skipping was precisely what she had been doing when she stumbled upon two of her favorite people (she had a lot of favorites but that was totally allowed!) and the desire to hand out flowers only intensified.

"BRAAAAAAANDON! SOLOMOOOOON!" she called from a distance, completely unaware and obtuse to the pseudo tension between them and the disasterous scene she was about to stumble upon. "Pick a colo----" And then she finally saw what they were seeing - having rose colored tinted vision was a complicated thing sometimes, you know? All her flowers suddenly dropped to the grass so her hands could fly to either of her cheeks and squish them. "Oh my DAYS! Do you think its true? There is a werewolf and they are trying to get to the Shrieking Shack through the secret passage under the Whomping Willow but because of their poor vision they mistook the climbing tree for the Whomping Willow and lashed out in frustration at it?!" Yes, it was said as if this had been a rumor floating around for DAYS and not something that just suddenly came to her on the spot. "It's okay though! We can fix its boo boos!"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 05-22-2023, 09:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

The boys reaction was exactly what Solomon had hoped for, causing the most mischievous smirk to grace his lips. “Don’t lie.” He wiggled his finger, all authoritative-like. “I saw you with my own eyes.” Really, he didn’t intend on pushing the joke for too long, as the little kid was clearly stressing about what had happened. Solly stepped closer, and crouched to inspect the soil and the turned up grass.

Hmm… I wonder if the tree has been vandalised by bandits.” Although he was sure that bandits couldn’t get through the castle walls, he quite fancied himself a manhunt to find the perpetrators. Solly looked back to the boy. “I was only kidding, by the way, I didn’t see you do anything.” He chuckled but his tone was kind.

Solly stood back up after sniffing a pinch of soil that he had picked up with his finger and thumb, leaving a few specks on his outer nostrils. Then, as if by magic, the most perfect person to have turned up for this type of adventure arrived. Anna! She certainly would be up for anything. “Really? A werewolf?” Solomon was PUZZLED by the idea of something so dangerous being out so plain sight.

I think it was bandits. Outlaws!!! Broken through the castles defences. We were just discussing going to look for them in the Forbidden Forest, weren’t we?” Solomon gestured to the boy who Anna had identified as BRAAAAAAANDON. However, if Anna’s theory of it being a werewolf’s doing, then perhaps not the best idea.

Old 05-22-2023, 09:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

Maxine didn't find herself at the climbing tree very often - wasn't really her thing, but every now and then she needed fresh air and excerise so she went. And today was that day. She noticed several students gathered around it already, drat! She hated a crowed even more than the dungeons. She thought about just turning around and heading back into the castle, but that's when she noticed the wreckage around the tree.

"Oh no what happened here!" She said as she approached maybe one of the other students already here saw what happened, maybe it was vandialized by another student. There were a 1000 possbilities going through her mind.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon did not see the joke. While he knew that he hadn't done anything, he always got in trouble for no reason or because someone didn't like him. Was this one of those times? He looked very faint, and then greatly relieved when it turned out to be a joke. Secretly, he was irritated. But he said nothing to show it.

"I think," he hypothesized to the people gathered, "that it was probably someone inside of Hogwarts or the forbidden forest who did it. Also, I think that either they have a big plan in mind of it was a one-off when they were mad." Neither seemed that unlikely here... was there going to be another tree incident? He picked Anna's flowers up off the floor, offering them back to her. "I think that it's probably not a werewolf at the wrong tree." He hesitated. "You never know though," he added lamely, not wanting to spoil the fun if she was joking. "It could be."

He looked at Solomon blankly. They were not discussing going into the forbidden forest. This was serious!!! "Maybe we should get a teacher."
Old 05-23-2023, 03:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Her Charlie! <3

Quote:

Of course she did!

And of course there was that cute little giggle. “Don’t you trust my strong Beater arms?” Charlie joked lightly. Aside from Will and Den, Keighley was one of the handful of those that he loved being fully silly with. With them, he never worried about making the wrong joke. But he simply loved how much the girlfriend was always there looking out for him.

One aspect of her personality that was wonderful? The way she was able to dish jabs right back at him. “Usch! You’re onto my motive!’’ Laughing, he hung the basket on the crook of his right arm and prepared to follow the younger Hufflepuff up. “It’s okay, I can manage.” Was Char trying to impress Keighley with his athleticism as usual?

Ja.

* Usch = 'ugh' in Swedish
* Ja = 'yes' in Swedish
Always trying to think ahead!

Just for him today. "You know that I do." He was one of the few people that she would always trust with anything. But when it came to being silly, well that was something else entirely. She was one of those people that was always happy and with that came a naturally silly fun side. Char need not ever worry, she would always be there for him.

"If I didn't trust you, you wouldn't be allowed anywhere near that basket," she teased him. Keigh was always good for tossing back a joke or two of her own when the mood struck for it. "I'm always onto you, Char!" Giggling, she smiled down at him. Waiting a moment or two before continuing the climb up the tree.

Ahem, this girl was always impressed with him.

You are Bread!
Old 05-25-2023, 12:52 AM   #17 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default Solomon, Brandon, & Maxine <3 thank you for the patience
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

She honestly wanted to cry, but crying about things out of your control didn't really fix anything so instead of that she was going to think about what she could do rather than fall into the bottomless well of dispair. If she did do that though, at least there were people around who could throw her a bucket so she could latch on to it and get pulled out from it!

People like Solomon who was already coming up with plans and thinking about what could be done. He was so amazing, did he remember? "The Forbidden Forest? Going in there won't help the climbing tree though and I don't think we should abandon it in its time of need!" She had zero qualms with going into the Forbidden Forest, by the way, and was all about meandering off into supposedly off limits places. She had gone on an adventure into the Shrieking Shack with Nadia last term! "We need sandwiches if we are going into the forest though, for sustenance!"

The third year offered a little curtsey to Brandon as he collected her fallen flowers and accepted them with a tiny smile when she was struck with an absolutely brilliant idea! "Let's decorate the branches with these flowers! We can weave them into flower crowns too if you fancy. Right now...I bet the tree is feeling pretty violated in having its natural beauty all scratched up and discombobulated like it is now...and maybe we can conjure some bandages to help hold the wonky branches in place so they can mend too." Was she concerned with finding out who done it? Of course! But she was a little more concerned with starting this pivotal part of the Hogwarts' grounds' healing process. "A lot of these tufts of grass look like they can be replanted if we put them back in the right spot...like a puzzle!"

They were joined by yet another peer which lifted Anna's spirits all the more because it meant that there were more healing hands present to help the climbing tree! "We've got a couple of theories based on the evidence," Anna explained while pretending to hold up a magnifying glass to inspect one of the nearest bits of the tree where the bark had been torn or scratched or blasted off. "...but right now we are just trying to make our precious climbing tree feel better by setting its branches like one might do with a broken bone or decorating it with these wildflowers I've collected or fixing the jigsaw puzzle that has become of the grass around it."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 05-26-2023, 06:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Always trying to think ahead!

Just for him today. "You know that I do." He was one of the few people that she would always trust with anything. But when it came to being silly, well that was something else entirely. She was one of those people that was always happy and with that came a naturally silly fun side. Char need not ever worry, she would always be there for him.

"If I didn't trust you, you wouldn't be allowed anywhere near that basket," she teased him. Keigh was always good for tossing back a joke or two of her own when the mood struck for it. "I'm always onto you, Char!" Giggling, she smiled down at him. Waiting a moment or two before continuing the climb up the tree.

Ahem, this girl was always impressed with him.

The youngest Bergstrand kiddo did know, Keigh. He truly did, so he nodded in reassurance. Teasing her as he might be, Charlie knew that sometimes one other half needed serious reassurance. Oh, haha! You had all the jokes, Keighley Morgan Anders! But there was truth to those words: his love for cupcakes was too much; Char could easily raid the basket and consume them all.

“My instinct tells me exactly that.” Just as he would always trust her. Once Keigh was a fair way home, Charlie too began his ascent. It was easy to hook the basket on the crook of his arm while doing so, hence his decision not to go ahead using magic to make it float alongside them.

But all Char’s mind was on was cupcakes. Here’s to hoping Keigh had packed a lot. And that he and she were almost at an ideal platform.

Old 05-27-2023, 03:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

The Climbing Tree stood there forlornly in its clearing, surrounded by a group of students who seemed to want to help it. And perhaps somewhere deep, deep inside it was aware of their concern and was comforted by it.

A breeze softly blew through its branches, causing one broken branch that was caught among the limbs way up high to slowly detach itself and fall towards the ground.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

The youngest Bergstrand kiddo did know, Keigh. He truly did, so he nodded in reassurance. Teasing her as he might be, Charlie knew that sometimes one other half needed serious reassurance. Oh, haha! You had all the jokes, Keighley Morgan Anders! But there was truth to those words: his love for cupcakes was too much; Char could easily raid the basket and consume them all.

“My instinct tells me exactly that.” Just as he would always trust her. Once Keigh was a fair way home, Charlie too began his ascent. It was easy to hook the basket on the crook of his arm while doing so, hence his decision not to go ahead using magic to make it float alongside them.

But all Char’s mind was on was cupcakes. Here’s to hoping Keigh had packed a lot. And that he and she were almost at an ideal platform.
It was true. As much as she did know that he knew this. His reassurance was much appreciated in that moment. Even with their constant silliness, being in a relationship such as theirs.. sometimes.. things tended to mess with her head. Due to no fault of his, Liv's or hers. Things just happened sometimes. Not today though, today, Char got a bright smile from her along with a laugh. She knew all too well of his love of cupcakes.

"I should think that they would. You always seem to have fairly good instincts." At least where food was concerned hehe. She was sure there was nothing to worry about in him getting the basket safely up onto one of the platforms.

As long as she got one cupcake, he could have the rest and she wouldn't mind one bit. Yes, she liked spoiling her boyfriend. Reaching what she thought was a good spot in the tree she moved back onto the platform so Char could join her. "How's this?"

You are Bread!
Old 05-27-2023, 10:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

While he was aware that the tree was a living thing, technically… he wasn’t entirely convinced that it needed cheering up or decorating. “Sorry, Anna, that sounds like a complete waste of time.” Solly said rather bluntly. He didn’t often disagree with her, you know. He had a cheerful grin on display when she mentioned a keenness to venture into the forest. “I couldn’t agree more. We’ll stop at the kitchen first, then gear up. I have my wand, do you guys?” They were gonna need them.

Brandon seemed scared which was amusing to Solomon. “Tell a teacher!? When we can handle this perfectly well by ourselves? You never know - we might get some house points by the end of this.” He winked.

Solomon opened his mouth to explain to the older student (Maxine) what was going on, but Anna already had that covered. He smiled a little as she always had such a way with words. “What she said.” He added, before looking back up to the tree, catching a glimpse of something while Anna was saying something about a jigsaw.

Wait a second…

Watch out!” Solly called, spreading his arms out in front of all of the others to protect them, much like a Severus Snape would for the golden trio. The branch fell and Solly was suddenly terrified that they were having a slow burning earthquake.

Old 06-01-2023, 12:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
It was true. As much as she did know that he knew this. His reassurance was much appreciated in that moment. Even with their constant silliness, being in a relationship such as theirs.. sometimes.. things tended to mess with her head. Due to no fault of his, Liv's or hers. Things just happened sometimes. Not today though, today, Char got a bright smile from her along with a laugh. She knew all too well of his love of cupcakes.

"I should think that they would. You always seem to have fairly good instincts." At least where food was concerned hehe. She was sure there was nothing to worry about in him getting the basket safely up onto one of the platforms.

As long as she got one cupcake, he could have the rest and she wouldn't mind one bit. Yes, she liked spoiling her boyfriend. Reaching what she thought was a good spot in the tree she moved back onto the platform so Char could join her. "How's this?"

Relationships were messy at times but his and Keigh’s wasn’t. Char tried to keep it that way mainly because he didn’t want to add any problems to his girlfriend’s life. And also because he knew sometimes things with Olivia could be… wild. At least Olivia didn’t seem to want to jinx him horribly these days; the Ravenclaw really only seemed to want to murder him with Bludgers on the Quidditch pitch. The funny thing was that this made her a worthy opponent.

“I thank you on behalf of my instincts,’’ Charlie replied with a chuckle. Hey! His instincts were also good for Quidditch things, Keigh. But he supposed you were right: they certainly had a knack for food. “It’s perfect,’’ Charlie said, also moving onto the platform. It offered a very good view. Besides, what really mattered was that he was here with her. He began to unpack. “Do we start with the cupcakes?” he asked playfully.

Old 06-04-2023, 10:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Kion Ingbretson job fair meeting with Tapio

Tapio had come down to the Climbing Tree early because he wanted to have a look at the recent damage to it. The broken branches had been carted away by now, and the groundskeeper elves had been resodding the grass in the area, but the Tree itself still looked a little battered. Tapio had been painting over the bare areas on the tree where branches had fallen, including the one way up high--thank Merlin for magic! He was using a kind of black tar-like substance, which would seal off the area to prevent insects or bacteria from infecting the Tree while it healed. The tar also had some magical healing properties which would hopefully speed its recovery along.

But Tapio had just noticed that it was nearly time for his next job fair interview to begin, this time with Kion Ingbretson, so he had tamped the lid down on his container of tar and was busy using a rag soaked in some sort of cleaning solution to tidy up his hands before the meeting. Mr. Ingbretson seemed to Tapio to be an active type, so he hoped he would appreciate meeting outdoors--Tapio certainly did.
Old 06-05-2023, 10:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Tapio had come down to the Climbing Tree early because he wanted to have a look at the recent damage to it. The broken branches had been carted away by now, and the groundskeeper elves had been resodding the grass in the area, but the Tree itself still looked a little battered. Tapio had been painting over the bare areas on the tree where branches had fallen, including the one way up high--thank Merlin for magic! He was using a kind of black tar-like substance, which would seal off the area to prevent insects or bacteria from infecting the Tree while it healed. The tar also had some magical healing properties which would hopefully speed its recovery along.

But Tapio had just noticed that it was nearly time for his next job fair interview to begin, this time with Kion Ingbretson, so he had tamped the lid down on his container of tar and was busy using a rag soaked in some sort of cleaning solution to tidy up his hands before the meeting. Mr. Ingbretson seemed to Tapio to be an active type, so he hoped he would appreciate meeting outdoors--Tapio certainly did.

Kion was a little apprehensive over the ordeal. Sure, he was only a Fourth year, but the future was gaining so he signed up for consultation to get some help with deciding and all. After receiving Professor DeVries's letter, he got himself ready for the day and time it took place before heading out to the Grounds.

He wondered what they would be doing by the tree for the consultation. Would they would be climbing? Or maybe it was just a refreshing area to discuss. Kion didn't think too much on the matter when he saw his Herbology Professor already waiting by the tree, "Hello Professor," Kion said looking up. His professor was much taller than him, "Are we going to climbing this tree?" Well, even if not he had trust with the Professor leading the way.

Old 06-05-2023, 11:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Job Fair Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
..."Hello Professor," Kion said looking up. His professor was much taller than him, "Are we going to climbing this tree?" Well, even if not he had trust with the Professor leading the way.
Tapio looked up at the sound of Kion's voice and threw down the rag he's been wiping his hands on. "Oh no, Mr. Ingbretson," he replied, smiling as he walked over to the young Gryffindor. [b]"Well, unless you want to later. Though you might want to use a different tree for that today--I've just painted some sealer over the broken parts and it'll be a bit sticky for the next few hours."

"No," Tapio continued as he used his wand to transfigure a couple of branches that were still lying about into lawn chairs, "I just thought it might be nice to get out of the castle and enjoy the outdoors a bit. It's probably the last really nice weather before winter sets in, though I've cast warming charms on the area, so don't worry that you'll get chilled here. Why don't you have a seat, relax, and we'll get started." Tapio motioned toward one of the chairs as he settled into the other, larger, one and pulled a notebook out of a large coat pocket.

Last edited by MadAlice; 06-06-2023 at 11:07 PM. Reason: add title