sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1068 users online including...
Cyharlesbes , astrocat , Evaxvc , KylieOvage , Methrenhow , Stevendalo

9 members
1059 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-12-2018, 09:59 AM

Default Mid Level Corridors

*click for live version*

Ah, the smell of teen perspiration, wet dog and...is that a hint of pine? Long and wide, the mid level corridors are not as complicated as their lower level comrades but they certainly carry a unique odor. You can always tell which employees work here for they hardly seem to notice. On occasion you may find a nervous teenager standing in the hall wringing their fingers as they await to be called in for their apparition licensing examination. Also, it may be a good idea to keep a close eye on your ankles as some pests (be it creatures or plants) get a little irate when brought indoors or in close proximity to people and may just slip out of their confinements for a bit of a stroll.

The only corridors that seem immune to the various stenches are those in the immediate proximity to the Department of Magical International Cooperation, instead boasting refreshing smell of absolutely nothing. Cannot have our international visitors being greeted by the smell of dung in its various forms now.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Feeling slightly out of her comfort zone, Delyth couldn’t help but look around and wrinkle her nose in contempt at the unusual fragrance that was lingering in the corridor as she made her way down towards the Department for Magical Transport. Leave it to the parents of Hogwarts students to get themselves into so much of a dither that they’re questioning the safety of the Hogwarts Express and as usual, she was the one to soothe them, for some unknown reason. Oh, that was right, she was the Hogwarts Liaison. That was the reason.

With a look across her face that clearly said she was all business today and had no time for the pimply teens who looked towards her as if she were their apparition examiner for the day, she strode confidently towards the route that would take her to Level 6. Could they answer her questions on train safety and if there were new measures to keep the students safe on their journey to and from Hogwarts? Most likely not but it was worth a try.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Feeling slightly out of her comfort zone, Delyth couldn’t help but look around and wrinkle her nose in contempt at the unusual fragrance that was lingering in the corridor as she made her way down towards the Department for Magical Transport. Leave it to the parents of Hogwarts students to get themselves into so much of a dither that they’re questioning the safety of the Hogwarts Express and as usual, she was the one to soothe them, for some unknown reason. Oh, that was right, she was the Hogwarts Liaison. That was the reason.

With a look across her face that clearly said she was all business today and had no time for the pimply teens who looked towards her as if she were their apparition examiner for the day, she strode confidently towards the route that would take her to Level 6. Could they answer her questions on train safety and if there were new measures to keep the students safe on their journey to and from Hogwarts? Most likely not but it was worth a try.
Days had passed between the last and even more days between now and the first. Time passing only intensified the need. The desire.

Drawn out of the shadows from her sweet aroma, there was a brief glimpse of something moving from one side of the corridor to the other and then the space was flooded with thick shadow. Shuffling feet, a hiss, a squish, a muffled scream...and then the darkness began to slowly dissipate. All that remained of Delyth Dominique was her right heel turned over on to its side and splattered with a thin line of blood.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:24 AM   #28 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
All that remained of Delyth Dominique was her right heel turned over on to its side and splattered with a thin line of blood.
Yawn.... Conley was still not sleeping through the nights. He was used to bouts of insomnia, but this was different. When he could fall asleep, the nightmares kept him up. He woke hot and sweating, unable to escape the fires that had surrounded him thanks to Goldwasser. Maybe he needed to talk someone...

His foot kicked something. He looked down to see a lady's heel skidding across the corridor. Funny, he didn't remember seeing a lady on the stairs as he made his way from Level Four back to his own department. He paused and bent over to pick it up. He looked around as he straightened. Perhaps he had been sleep walking again and had missed.... but no, no he heard nothing. No steps on the tile. No whispers of conversation. He was quite certain he was alone. Perhaps this heel had been here for a few days? But then, why had it's owner not come looking for it? He turned it over in his hands and noticed the strange dark marking on it. Was that.... blood?!

"Expecto patronus!" He waved his wand over his head and a large silvery Siberian Husky erupted from the tip. It circled him for a moment then took off running down the hallway towards MLE.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

The war was over, but the paperwork never was. Damian had been on level two to take care of some business that linked the MLE with Mysteries Death Chamber. It was somber work, but someone had to do it. His hand was cramping up from holding a quill when he got the message from Conley's patronus, and he was more than grateful to be interrupted.

His bloodhound patronus preceding him, Damian arrived with his simple cane helping him navigate the stairs. "I came..as fast as I could.." The silvery hound was an extension of his masters curiosity, approaching Conley, sniffing at the air around him.

"Damian Pendragon. Mysteries. Death Chamber." The unspeakable's presence did not bode well for the missing witch. "What's the situation?"
Old 05-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Yawn.... Conley was still not sleeping through the nights. He was used to bouts of insomnia, but this was different. When he could fall asleep, the nightmares kept him up. He woke hot and sweating, unable to escape the fires that had surrounded him thanks to Goldwasser. Maybe he needed to talk someone...

His foot kicked something. He looked down to see a lady's heel skidding across the corridor. Funny, he didn't remember seeing a lady on the stairs as he made his way from Level Four back to his own department. He paused and bent over to pick it up. He looked around as he straightened. Perhaps he had been sleep walking again and had missed.... but no, no he heard nothing. No steps on the tile. No whispers of conversation. He was quite certain he was alone. Perhaps this heel had been here for a few days? But then, why had it's owner not come looking for it? He turned it over in his hands and noticed the strange dark marking on it. Was that.... blood?!

"Expecto patronus!" He waved his wand over his head and a large silvery Siberian Husky erupted from the tip. It circled him for a moment then took off running down the hallway towards MLE.
It took Matt only a few minutes to appear down the corridor where the message had come from. His wand already in his hand, he approached Conley and looked around. "What... seems to be the problem?" He asked, giving the man an almost confused look since it was all pretty peaceful down there.

The Auror then noticed the Department Head was holding a single woman's heel in his hands. His gaze went back up to the man, and now Matt gave him a look of definite confusion. A shoe? Was that the problem? If he didn't;t know better, he'd make a joke about it, but this was the Ministry and stranger, more random things had happened before.

Was the heel cursed? Hopefully not since the man was holding it.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

He wasn’t sure what he had been expecting, when he sent his patronus off to Level 2. Perhaps a Security Guard or a hit wizard, but an unspeakable? Yeah… that totally threw Conley for a loop. His eyes lingered on the bloodhound patronus as it lingered in the hallway and he sort of wished it was a real one. They were supposed to have excellent tracking skills. Maybe it’s human owner possessed skills of this sort? ”Errmm….” he found himself with a lack of words as the man explained which part of Mysteries he worked in. He was pretty sure that this was the first time an unspeakable had provided so much information to him.

”Merriweather!” Conley’s voice suddenly came back as the auror appeared. ”I ah…. found this.” He held out the shoe looking between each man. ”It’s not mine,” he added as if that information needed to be clarified. ”Too small- haha,” Dear Merlin’s pointy hat. Too small? What was his problem? Snap out of it Phora. ”I think,” he said trying to get one of the men to take the shoe. ”It has blood on it.” He turned it to show the streak. ”I’m not sure why a lady would leave a shoe behind unless she was forced too. I mean, my wife, rest her soul, would have rather eaten slugs then leave a shoe of this quality behind. Not to mention the limping…” You know… one heel on, one heel off? He needed to stop babbling didnt he?

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 05-18-2021 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Wrong level mentioned
Old 05-18-2021, 07:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He wasn’t sure what he had been expecting, when he sent his patronus off to Level 5. Perhaps a Security Guard or a hit wizard, but an unspeakable? Yeah… that totally threw Conley for a loop. His eyes lingered on the bloodhound patronus as it lingered in the hallway and he sort of wished it was a real one. They were supposed to have excellent tracking skills. Maybe it’s human owner possessed skills of this sort? ”Errmm….” he found himself with a lack of words as the man explained which part of Mysteries he worked in. He was pretty sure that this was the first time an unspeakable had provided so much information to him.

”Merriweather!” Conley’s voice suddenly came back as the auror appeared. ”I ah…. found this.” He held out the shoe looking between each man. ”It’s not mine,” he added as if that information needed to be clarified. ”Too small- haha,” Dear Merlin’s pointy hat. Too small? What was his problem? Snap out of it Phora. ”I think,” he said trying to get one of the men to take the shoe. ”It has blood on it.” He turned it to show the streak. ”I’m not sure why a lady would leave a shoe behind unless she was forced too. I mean, my wife, rest her soul, would have rather eaten slugs then leave a shoe of this quality behind. Not to mention the limping…” You know… one heel on, one heel off? He needed to stop babbling didnt he?
Matt wasn't familiar with the other man, but Singh-Phora seemed happy enough to see him. His comment about the shoe being too small to be his made Matt stifle a laugh as he continue to look at the heel. Pursing his lips to stop himself from joining in the banter - especially as Conley seemed to be trying to keep it serious now. Or at least the mention of blood sounded serious enough to Matt.

Despite wondering if the shoe was cursed just a few seconds ago, Matt actually took it from the Department Head so he could inspect it himself. He turned it in his hands as he listened to the man continue with his thoughts. Again, he stifled a laugh, but this time he let his amusement show in his face as he looked back up at the man. "I haven't seen any woman limping around the Ministry lately. Or man, who am I to judge? Well, I don't mean..." He trailed off, gesturing to the other man and his cane. He didn't mean that kind of limping, y'know.

Looking back at the shoe, the Auror was back to being fully serious about the situation as if flicking a switch. He had had plenty of life-and-death experiences by now to know not to take mysterious things like this as complete jokes. And that shoe did have blood on it, so that was a big red flag. "I can try to find any information on missing employees, assuming this belongs to a Ministry worker." They did get visitors more often than not, which wouldn't help in this case, but hey, they had to start somewhere. "Possibly get forensics to have a look at the shoe too?" He offered, looking at Conley.
Old 05-18-2021, 08:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

Damian offered Matt a weak smile. He knew that the auror didn't mean anything, but under any other circumstance, the unspeakable would have given him a ribbing regardless. "So many moving parts at the ministry, I'd be amazed if we could find out someone was missing without obvious evidence." Clapping a hand on Conley's shoulder, the man in his mid thirties added. "Take a deep breath, mate. It's going to be alright. We got professionals on the case." Punctuated with a wink, Damian could tell the man was rattled. Did he lose his wife recently? He wondered.

With his patronus dissipated into a silvery mist, Damian knelt down carefully, trying not to agitate his right leg more than he needed to. Wincing, he shuffled, eyes on the floor. "Hrm.." Not seeing any blood on the floor, the man from level nine rose back to his full height.

Using the cane as a pivot point, Damian spun in a circle around it, his wand held up near his mouth. "Appare Vestigium!"A swirling golden cloud filled the corridor in the immediate vicinity, lighting up the array of recent footprints. It seemed a incomprehensible mess, just looking at the gold tracks, but looking at the shoe in Matt's hand reminded him what he was looking for.

"Here." Sifting through the tracks, Damian found the woman, a golden specter of her form appearing when he touched her footprint with his cane. "Anyone recognize this witch?" Walking behind Delyth's spectral form, Damian stopped in the exact spot she did when she was abducted, a cold chill running down the spine of the man from the chamber of Death.

"Whatever took her left no trace coming or going. Poor woman didn't even have a chance to run or draw a wand.."
Old 05-19-2021, 02:49 AM   #34 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Conley sort of stared at Merriweather as he stammered on about limping. Clearly, Conley wasn't the only who was having a hard time keeping his words in order. He gave the Unspeakable a glance wondering if he was offended, but all seemed well. He even received a hearty clap on the shoulder. "I ah...well um..." He snapped his mouth shut, looked at Merriweather and shrugged. If there was one thing he'd learned about Unspeakables over the years, it was that they were weird.

"What are -" He stopped mid-question as the golden mist started swirling around him. Conley's hazel eyes once again thought out Merriweather. What on earth was this man doing? But it appeared that Conley's assessment of the man's patronus was correct. He apparently was good at tracking - well, of a sort. But at the image of the young lady a cold chill ran through him. He reached out, placing a hand on Merriweather's arm. He didn't know the lady well, but he did know her. "She works in the Minister's office...." He wracked his brain. "Domino...or Dominic- something like that.." How terrible a person was he that he couldn't even remember the poor lady's name? Pretty rotten that was what. He realized he was touching Merriweather and pulled his hand back as if he had touched fire. "Sorry... I didn't mean... um... what was she doing down here?" he asked no one in particular.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

WHOA.

Uh. Matt should be used to these kind of spells by now, but truth be told, he wasn't really. It was a pretty cool thing to watch, though, he should make a point of learning that spell sooner than later! And it proved to be quite useful too.

"Oh yeah, I saw her on Level One not too long ago! Delyth! Yeah, Delyth Dominique." Bloody hell, Matt had spoken to that woman not too long ago at all and now... she was gone?? Merlin, the security in this place should be a bit--

Ohwait.

Ahem, anyway.

Matt was so used to people around him being startled and holding onto his arm/shoulder that it was like he hadn't even felt when Conley did it. It was only when he apologised and let go that the Auror realised. Not a bother at all.

What could Delyth be doing down there? "Well, y'know, they might've run out of refreshments up on Level One. And maybe Levels Two and Three too, so she came down here to see if they had any?" He was totally not speaking from experience he was. "Or um... she could be going down to the Atrium. Not sure why she wouldn't take the lifts instead, though."
Old 05-21-2021, 10:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

"Delyth Dominique.." He spoke softly towards where the woman once stood. "I promise we'll find what happened to you." A hand reaching out towards the ghost of her memory while the last of the golden mist faded away.

While the others were concerned about the witches' comings and goings, Damian was seeing red. "The blood." Turning his head to look to the other wizards, he repeated. "The blood. Why is there blood when it'd be easier to subdue and abduct someone with a wand?" Killing curses seemed so tame compared to other ends that could befall a witch or wizard in the dark. A sigh escaped his lips, hoping this case would be out of his jurisdiction, that they'd find her alive in the ministry. Somewhere in his rapidly beating heart he knew that wasn't likely.

"What do you think, gentlemen?" His mind was a jumble of questions, hoping someone would unravel it, and find a thread worth following.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:43 AM   #37 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

"If she was like me," he said looking at Meriwether. "She learned not to take the lifts after they broke down a few years ago. Trapped my hus- ermm... ambassadors inside for hours. It was horrible. Habits like taking the stairs are hard to break. Even if the lifts are now fine." Conley didn't care. He could be assured a 100 times that they lifts were fine and he would still take the stairs. But if something or perhaps someone was lurking around in the stairwells? Well... perhaps he needed to reevaluate that habit.

Ideas? Thoughts? Oh Conley had plenty. But they weren't ideas he was willing to communicate aloud at this point. Especially with people he wasn't familiar with. Sure. Meriwether had helped with the Goldwasser fires, but it wasn't like they had tea weekly. Which was why it was weird when Conley's hand reached for Meriwether's arm again. Conley stopped himself just short of taking hold of the man's arm again. Last thing he needed was for someone to start telling people that perhaps he had a thing for Meriwether. He was perfectly happy at home - thank-you-very-much! He wasn't entirely sure why he kept instinctively reaching for the man. Seeking comfort maybe? He reached over and rubbed his scared arm. "I think... everyone needs to be very cautious for a while."
Old 05-24-2021, 01:08 AM   #38 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Getting from here Level Two had been more of an obstacle course than it had any right to be. Accosted several times by other Ministry workers or visitors, plus someone he was due to meet later that day, Jake had stopped only long enough to ascertain they knew nothing of the patronus before barrelling past. Maybe a little rudely, but patronuses sent asking for help hinted at an emergency situation, so. It was fine. He'd apologise later. Maybe.

Fortunately a couple of others, including Meriwether, had already arrived by the time Jake reached the scene - Melo possibly behind him still, possibly not - and were handling the situation. He heard the latter part of the conversation as he closed in on them, watching the vestiges of a familiar spell fade out. Delyth Dominique. Broken heel. Blood. It didn't take much to piece together what might be happening here, even without a full explanation.

"Got your patronus, Conley," Jake said, looking up and down the corridor, wand still out. "Another missing person?" Another one, didn't exactly bode well. And the blood, he'd heard Pendragon's comment about that, and it didn't sit too well with him. No doubt more from Level Two would be on their way, could take over a proper investigation of the scene and start a search if that really was what they were dealing with... none of which was technically Jake's area anymore. Still getting used to that. "I'll need to get an alert out." Which meant going back up the stairs, to Level One and the powers that be, once he was more certain of what was happening.

You are Chocolate!
Old 05-24-2021, 01:38 AM   #39 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Out on jobs. Grabbing food. But, at least Mr. Upstead was here, maybe he could shadow him. At least until an Auror returned. But then there was a patronus, and Upstead's wand was out, and Gabriel's wand was out, though a request for "help" was vague enough he had no idea where or why they might be needed. Maybe it would be something Auror-y. He hurried after Jake, not really needing to be beckoned.

He was amazed at how many people needed to talk to Mr. Upstead, and how well he ignored acknowledged and ditched everybody. Sheesh. This patronus must be important.

He was a few steps behind by the time they got down to the area the patronus had summoned them to. There were a few folks already there. He supposed one of them must have sent the patronus. Oh. This Conley fellow, apparently, based on Upstead's reaction. And a missing person? That was exciting. Maybe Gabriel could help! Like a Real Auror! He glanced around the area, thinking about what they'd need to do to secure the crime scene. There was, erm, a shoe?

"Should I run that shoe up to the forensics lab, sir?" Gabriel asked Jake. Or he could secure the scene. Or, frankly, whatever Jake told him to do. He'd get coffee if that's what Mr. Upstead thought they needed.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #40 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Bowing out so this can wrap up :)

Well, this was turning into a party wasn’t it? Conley hadn't expected anyone else to respond after Meriwether had shown up. Surprise was likely plastered all over the DIMC Department Head’s face. If it had just been him and Upstead, he might have voiced his concerns to the man. He might have even said something to Meriwether considering he had been there in the Technology lab with Conley dealing with the fires and Goldwasser. But with others around, he didn’t think it prudent to say anything. He was still debating things when something else pierced his thoughts. "Another?!" he asked looking around the small group of men. He'd been a bit preoccupied with the dragon retrieval mission, but he hadn't thought he'd been that preoccupied. How could he not have known about people disappearing? And inside the Ministry no less! "How many people have gone missing?" And for how long had this been going on? His fingers twitched as if they were going to reach for his wand to send off another patronus. The only thing keeping him from doing so was Sachin's voice in his head telling him he was being paranoid and over protective again.

"I just came across that shoe. It had blood on it and that was why I sent my patronus...." He tried not to give Upstead a look. Yes, he really should send out an alert. His attention was drawn to the young man asking about forensics. Eager that one, wasn't he? He glanced down at his watch. "I have a meeting with the German Ambassador shortly... Upstead, Meriwether took my statement, but you know where to find me if you need more information." Yes Upstead, feel free to stop by. Surely the man had the same suspicions Conley himself had? Then again, maybe with all that happened this past year, Conley was being unconsciously biased. He rubbed his burnt arm. There was a reason he was no longer working for MLE after all.

"Mr. Pendragon..." He gave the unspeakable a nod. ”Thank you for your assistance. You too Meriwether…” And while the meeting with the Ambassador was true, Conley also felt the need to excuse himself from MLE business while he had the chance. He broke away from the group.