sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1054 users online including...

0 members
1054 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2019, 07:20 PM

Default Professor Sandhu's Waiting Area

Although Professor Sandhu's door is usually left open during her office hours, you may be unlucky enough to have chosen to visit just after someone else or when she has important business to settle. Have no fear, the waiting area outside her office has specifically been designed to entertain you for as long as you remain waiting.

There are sofas charmed to have the exact correct amount of squish, and if you look up, models of planets and stars orbit the centre of the space in a hypnotic motion. There is also a portrait of George von Rheticus for you to strike up conversation with. That is, of course, if he has not deemed you to be a scoundrel.

A curious stack of empty star charts sits on the table directly across from George's portrait, as well as muggle fineliner pens in various colours. There is also a bowl of candy, but be careful -- they're all sour.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

It was with apparent nervousness that Cole had gone up to Prof. Sandhu's office after the feast and not followed the others to Gryffindor Tower. He now sat on one of the sofa's under the models of planets and stars waiting for his HoH wondering if he had done right in following Carsyn's urged advice to come clean right away. He moved a hand to pet the extended robe pocket where his 5 rats currently rested and gave off a sigh of relief. They we're safe for now. What Professor Sandu would say to this little rat problem he had a hard time guessing. Carsyn and Naya's suggestions had though not put him at ease.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
It was with apparent nervousness that Cole had gone up to Prof. Sandhu's office after the feast and not followed the others to Gryffindor Tower. He now sat on one of the sofa's under the models of planets and stars waiting for his HoH wondering if he had done right in following Carsyn's urged advice to come clean right away. He moved a hand to pet the extended robe pocket where his 5 rats currently rested and gave off a sigh of relief. They we're safe for now. What Professor Sandu would say to this little rat problem he had a hard time guessing. Carsyn and Naya's suggestions had though not put him at ease.
Simran had been just coming up after the feast, and headed to her own quarters when she saw Master Vance outside her office. The term hadn't even begun yet, this was unfair. She just wanted some sleep before she was forced to resume her nocturnal tendencies.

No matter, however. Her Gryffindors came first. "Master Vance," she smiled, though her brow furrowed in concern. "Can I help you?"
Old 01-21-2020, 02:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly: Harry174

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Summer Valentine
Gryffindor
Seventh Year
Hufflepuff
x8
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Tom just had to take up the Professor on the offer to talk about eclipse, he wanted to know more about it. Seriously it would be so cool to learn more plus he could ask about the planet Pluto, his father and his school had loads of arguments as his father said it was a planet but then he found out it wasn't by his teacher. So was it or wasn't it a planet.

He knocked on the Professors door and then he went and sat down in the waiting room, this was going to be one interesting conversation and he couldn't wait for it.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Simran had been just coming up after the feast, and headed to her own quarters when she saw Master Vance outside her office. The term hadn't even begun yet, this was unfair. She just wanted some sleep before she was forced to resume her nocturnal tendencies.

No matter, however. Her Gryffindors came first. "Master Vance," she smiled, though her brow furrowed in concern. "Can I help you?"
Would she be upset? Would she understand? Would she be dissapointed? Many thoughts tumbled around in Cole's head before Professor Sandhu finally came into view. How was he supposed to lay this out though? Best to just drop the quaffle so to speak as his grandmother would say. Watering his lips, Cole raised his head to look up into Professor Sandhu's eyes as he said warily. "I um got 5 rats with me to school by accident and i know we're only allowed one pet. My uncle messed up. Please don't be mad...."
Old 01-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
Default cleaaaaarly different timelines so :D
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley174 View Post
Tom just had to take up the Professor on the offer to talk about eclipse, he wanted to know more about it. Seriously it would be so cool to learn more plus he could ask about the planet Pluto, his father and his school had loads of arguments as his father said it was a planet but then he found out it wasn't by his teacher. So was it or wasn't it a planet.

He knocked on the Professors door and then he went and sat down in the waiting room, this was going to be one interesting conversation and he couldn't wait for it.
Simran was in her office, taking a nap grading homework assignments when she heard the knock on the door. Jolting upright and very nearly knocking over her inkpot in the process, she rubbed at her cheek in alarm. There had been multiple instances in which she had been caught with ink on her face and she was really trying to learn from past mistakes.

"Come in!"
she called, waving her wand at the door so that it swung open.

OOC: HELLO. Feel free to post in the actual office now!

Quote:
Would she be upset? Would she understand? Would she be dissapointed? Many thoughts tumbled around in Cole's head before Professor Sandhu finally came into view. How was he supposed to lay this out though? Best to just drop the quaffle so to speak as his grandmother would say. Watering his lips, Cole raised his head to look up into Professor Sandhu's eyes as he said warily. "I um got 5 rats with me to school by accident and i know we're only allowed one pet. My uncle messed up. Please don't be mad...."
Simran Sandhu was many things, but predictable did not make the list. Indeed, depending on the day, she could react to a situation any number of ways. Today, thankfully, she was in a pretty good mood, seeing as her belly was full and she had no class to teach.

"That's quite the accident," she said, lips pressing together in an effort to hold back a chuckle. "So. Depending on what you'd prefer to do, we have options."

What options, you say? "Are you particularly attached to all of these rats?" Please do NOT bring them to her. She could tolerate them being around, and being magical familiars, and all the nonsense associated with that, but they had creepy little beady eyes and they always creeped her out.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
[COLOR="#45ADA8"]

Simran Sandhu was many things, but predictable did not make the list. Indeed, depending on the day, she could react to a situation any number of ways. Today, thankfully, she was in a pretty good mood, seeing as her belly was full and she had no class to teach.

"That's quite the accident," she said, lips pressing together in an effort to hold back a chuckle. "So. Depending on what you'd prefer to do, we have options."

What options, you say? "Are you particularly attached to all of these rats?" Please do NOT bring them to her. She could tolerate them being around, and being magical familiars, and all the nonsense associated with that, but they had creepy little beady eyes and they always creeped her out.
A he sat there awaiting the scolding Cole was predicting going to come over his head of houses lips one of his rats that he had named Harry peeked out his little nose and whiskers outside the robe pocket. Scuffling up on Cole's shoulder to sit there for a scratch distracted Cole slightly from the pressing matter.

When Sandhu spoke though he was brought back to reality. Looking up at her though he detected what he thought was a chuckle in her eyes so it didn't so bad. Considering Cole admitted as he raised a hand scratch Harry between the ears. "I'm most attached to two of the rats. I've even named them and so on. What options we have if i want to keep two or all of them? I know it says in the school rules i can't...."
Old 02-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
Default you know, I was pretty sure I replied to this ages ago

Quote:
A he sat there awaiting the scolding Cole was predicting going to come over his head of houses lips one of his rats that he had named Harry peeked out his little nose and whiskers outside the robe pocket. Scuffling up on Cole's shoulder to sit there for a scratch distracted Cole slightly from the pressing matter.

When Sandhu spoke though he was brought back to reality. Looking up at her though he detected what he thought was a chuckle in her eyes so it didn't so bad. Considering Cole admitted as he raised a hand scratch Harry between the ears. "I'm most attached to two of the rats. I've even named them and so on. What options we have if i want to keep two or all of them? I know it says in the school rules i can't...."
The rat's appearance set off just about every alarm bell it was possible to set off and Simran scrambled so violently towards the wall that she quite nearly knocked over some furniture over in her haste. "Please, for the love of Merlin, put it away!"

Chill? Simran Sandhu had NONE.

"I would say," she said, clutching her chest as her aged heart REFUSED to return to a normal tempo. "Well, I would say that your only option is to ask your friends if they would be interested in a pet. You really are only allowed one pet, Master Vance, and it is my job to enforce these rules."
Old 02-13-2020, 05:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
The rat's appearance set off just about every alarm bell it was possible to set off and Simran scrambled so violently towards the wall that she quite nearly knocked over some furniture over in her haste. "Please, for the love of Merlin, put it away!"

Chill? Simran Sandhu had NONE.

"I would say," she said, clutching her chest as her aged heart REFUSED to return to a normal tempo. "Well, I would say that your only option is to ask your friends if they would be interested in a pet. You really are only allowed one pet, Master Vance, and it is my job to enforce these rules."
Ooops!

Cole really hadn't had any warning whatsoever that Professor Sandhu's reaction to the sign of Harry; the rat scrambling up on his arm would be clear and raging distress. Gulping, he quickly gave Harry a last affectionate scratch between the ears before he lifted him off his shoulder and pushed him down in the robe pocket again. Looking up at Professor Sandhu he apologized even if he was clearly confused. "I'm so sorry professor. My rat is back in my pocket again now. We really didn't mean to startle you, but i thought you liked rats?"

Listening to his option which he supposed was way better than to send them all home Cole asked "Would it be okay if i advertised for three interested new rat owners on the bulletin board on the ground floor?" If they weren't allowed to use that board then he wanted to know beforehand.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6

Quote:
Ooops!

Cole really hadn't had any warning whatsoever that Professor Sandhu's reaction to the sign of Harry; the rat scrambling up on his arm would be clear and raging distress. Gulping, he quickly gave Harry a last affectionate scratch between the ears before he lifted him off his shoulder and pushed him down in the robe pocket again. Looking up at Professor Sandhu he apologized even if he was clearly confused. "I'm so sorry professor. My rat is back in my pocket again now. We really didn't mean to startle you, but i thought you liked rats?"

Listening to his option which he supposed was way better than to send them all home Cole asked "Would it be okay if i advertised for three interested new rat owners on the bulletin board on the ground floor?" If they weren't allowed to use that board then he wanted to know beforehand.
She was fine, okay. SHE WAS NOT STARTLED. Just slightly surprised. A tiny bit taken aback. Not at all terrified of rodents, no, she was Gryffindor. They were brave. She would survive this. Yes, she was the height of professionality and all her students could come to her with anything. Even their rodents.

Her fingers (which had at some point, entirely against her will, risen to cover her eyes) split to allow her to peek at the Gryffindor boy. Oh. Okay. Yes, that wasn't embarrassing at all. "I love them!" she said, voice shooting up an octave in a way that she was sure was entirely convincing. "... from a distance. A good distance."

"I don't think there should be a problem. If the board doesn't let you, let me know and I'll see about getting them posted in the common rooms." But that wouldn't be necessary.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

This wasn't Lucas' first time coming to this waiting room to see Sandhu. It wasn't his first time having a meeting with Sandhu. How many times had he come to see her about Astronomy-related things? Or walked by the area to sit in the Observatory with a cup of hot chocolate?

So why was he so anxious?!

He tried to look as calm as possible but there was only chaos inside his head. A large part of him was trying to think of questions he wanted to ask - questions he hadn't written down and questions that were now fighting over each other for space. But he couldn't prepare for this, right? Because his appointment was with Sandhu, and you could never tell what she was going to say. What if she told him that his plans were dumb and impossible? What was he supposed to do then??!

Letting out a small sigh, Lucas approached the door and gave it a quick knock before turning to take a seat. This was..... better. Much better. He even slid down a little on the sofa to get a better view of the models of planets and stars, a very small smile crossing his face.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionescrush View Post
This wasn't Lucas' first time coming to this waiting room to see Sandhu. It wasn't his first time having a meeting with Sandhu. How many times had he come to see her about Astronomy-related things? Or walked by the area to sit in the Observatory with a cup of hot chocolate?

So why was he so anxious?!

He tried to look as calm as possible but there was only chaos inside his head. A large part of him was trying to think of questions he wanted to ask - questions he hadn't written down and questions that were now fighting over each other for space. But he couldn't prepare for this, right? Because his appointment was with Sandhu, and you could never tell what she was going to say. What if she told him that his plans were dumb and impossible? What was he supposed to do then??!

Letting out a small sigh, Lucas approached the door and gave it a quick knock before turning to take a seat. This was..... better. Much better. He even slid down a little on the sofa to get a better view of the models of planets and stars, a very small smile crossing his face.
A first time it certainly was not, but after the last seminar lesson, they both had reason to be feeling off. But she had been looking forward to this meeting with the young Dakest, as she always did, and had even sent for his favourite biscuits to be brought to her office. A peace offering of sorts, perhaps.

"Come in," she called, from inside the room as the door swung open of its own accord. "Hello, dear. Shall I put the kettle on?"

OOC: Hello! Feel free to post in the office next