sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1170 users online including...

2 members
1168 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Default Moving Staircases

The most logical way for you to get from one part of the castle to the next, from down to the dungeons all the way up to the seventh floor, is making use of the staircases. Even though using them is logical, that does not mean it is going to provide the easiest route from Point A to Point B. The staircases in this tower are notorious for moving without warning whether you are walking on them or not. Hopefully luck is on your side today.

Covering the walls from the bottom of the tower to the top are hundreds of portraits. While they may be intriguing, it is important that you stay focused on the task at hand: getting from one flight of stairs to the next. If you're not paying attention, the staircase you are on will move and you'll have to maneuver your way back down or up again or wind up sinking through one of the trick steps. Under no circumstances should you be sliding down the banisters -- doing so will put your life at risk and, if you live to tell the tale, cost you two week's worth of detention.
Old 06-21-2021, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default Gafyn 'n Ingrid Luuuuuck <3
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

It was her most brilliant plan yet, as evidenced by the fact that it had FIVE whole steps. That was four steps more than any of her usual plans and now that she had managed steps 1-4, it was time for slug delivery. Even though slugs weren't as fun as frogs were, Kins hoped that Lewis would like them anyway. She hand-picked the four slimiest, wiggliest ones just for him! It was the perfect way to cheer him up, she was sure of it.

An Amateur's Guide to Gifting Slugs - written by Kinsay James:
Step One: Acquire jar
Step two: Acquire (4) slugs
Step Three: Prepare jar environment
Step Four: Transfer slugs to prepared jar
Step Five: Deliver jar to Lewis

So with the jar of slugs in hand, Kins began her climb of the moving stairs, careful to hold onto the railing with her free hand so as not to fall should the stairs change course halfway through her ascent. See? So smart. Things had been especially hard lately, but this one thing was going right and it meant everything.

Well, it was going right. It was going so right.

Until it wasn't.

Because the very next step Kinsay took was onto one of the trick stairs, causing her to trip forward and let go of her jar. "NOOOooooOOOOoooOOOooooo!" As if happening in slow motion, Kins watched it fly through the air, the glass immediately shattering into bits upon contact with the stairs... Leaving the staircase covered in broken glass, dead slugs, and .... lots of mud.

As for Kinsay? She was a whole mess.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. "No, no, no, no, no!!!!!" No no no no no no.

Step Five: Shatter jar and kill slugs

You are Lemon!
Old 06-21-2021, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
It was her most brilliant plan yet, as evidenced by the fact that it had FIVE whole steps. That was four steps more than any of her usual plans and now that she had managed steps 1-4, it was time for slug delivery. Even though slugs weren't as fun as frogs were, Kins hoped that Lewis would like them anyway. She hand-picked the four slimiest, wiggliest ones just for him! It was the perfect way to cheer him up, she was sure of it.

An Amateur's Guide to Gifting Slugs - written by Kinsay James:
Step One: Acquire jar
Step two: Acquire (4) slugs
Step Three: Prepare jar environment
Step Four: Transfer slugs to prepared jar

So with the jar of slugs in hand, Kins began her climb of the moving stairs, careful to hold onto the railing with her free hand so as not to fall should the stairs change course halfway through her ascent. See? So smart. Things had been especially hard lately, but this one thing was going right and it meant everything.

Well, it was going right. It was going so right.

Until it wasn't.

Because the very next step Kinsay took was onto one of the trick stairs, causing her to trip forward and let go of her jar. "NOOOooooOOOOoooOOOooooo!" As if happening in slow motion, Kins watched it fly through the air, the glass immediately shattering into bits upon contact with the stairs... Leaving the staircase covered in broken glass, dead slugs, and .... lots of mud.

As for Kinsay? She was a whole mess.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. "No, no, no, no, no!!!!!" No no no no no no.

Step Five: Shatter jar and kill slugs

Where was Ingrid Luck going? If you’d asked her before she’d witnessed the absolute massacre in front of her, she may have been able to give an answer. She’d most likely have given the asker of the question some boring answer about homework or something to do with magical creatures. Not now.

As if in slow motion, Ingrid watched, her eyes as wide as tennis balls as the jar just seemed to float out of Kinsay’s hand and into the air as if the wind itself willed it.

Frozen in place, her hands over her mouth as the trip occurred, Ingrid somehow managed to move sluggishly towards the scene of the accident. “Kinsay, what on earth are you doing?” she asked as she tiptoed through the mud, broken glass and the uh…bodies of the dead slugs. She had meant to ask her if she was okay but somehow, the words just seemed to get lost as they made their way to her mouth.

Reaching down, she helped the girl up to her feet and dusted her off, checking for any cuts and bruises before her attention moved back to the mess. “I just…I don’t think I’ve ever seen anymore fall like that before. You literally tripped and sent flying. It was like time froze,” shaking her head a little now as a small little giggle escaped her lips. “Were the slugs important?” because they were, they were sleepin’ with the fishes now. Life truly was a sluggle sometimes it seemed.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Where was Ingrid Luck going? If you’d asked her before she’d witnessed the absolute massacre in front of her, she may have been able to give an answer. She’d most likely have given the asker of the question some boring answer about homework or something to do with magical creatures. Not now.

As if in slow motion, Ingrid watched, her eyes as wide as tennis balls as the jar just seemed to float out of Kinsay’s hand and into the air as if the wind itself willed it.

Frozen in place, her hands over her mouth as the trip occurred, Ingrid somehow managed to move sluggishly towards the scene of the accident. “Kinsay, what on earth are you doing?” she asked as she tiptoed through the mud, broken glass and the uh…bodies of the dead slugs. She had meant to ask her if she was okay but somehow, the words just seemed to get lost as they made their way to her mouth.

Reaching down, she helped the girl up to her feet and dusted her off, checking for any cuts and bruises before her attention moved back to the mess. “I just…I don’t think I’ve ever seen anymore fall like that before. You literally tripped and sent flying. It was like time froze,” shaking her head a little now as a small little giggle escaped her lips. “Were the slugs important?” because they were, they were sleepin’ with the fishes now. Life truly was a sluggle sometimes it seemed.
An absolute massacre. That's exactly what it was. Kinsay James was a killer.

She was a murderer.

Unable to believe what just happened, she reached forward to grab one of the slugs. With it cupped in her hands, she shook it this way and that. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be—

"Um." All color drained from her face as she looked up to see Ingrid standing before her. No no no no no no no. "I was just—I was—" She wasn't going to cry, but her voice broke before she could stop it from happening. She wouldn't cry. She wouldn't she wouldn't she wouldn't. "Super important," she finally managed, with a pitiful nod of her head as she let the dead slug fall to the ground and stood up with the Ravenclaw's help. Kinsay must've looked a mess. She knew she did. But in attempt to keep herself from crying, she blinked back her tears.

"Do you think... Do you think they're all dead?" She asked, despite knowing the answer to the question.

This was really bad. This was really, really bad. Everything was a mess.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
An absolute massacre. That's exactly what it was. Kinsay James was a killer.

She was a murderer.

Unable to believe what just happened, she reached forward to grab one of the slugs. With it cupped in her hands, she shook it this way and that. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be—

"Um." All color drained from her face as she looked up to see Ingrid standing before her. No no no no no no no. "I was just—I was—" She wasn't going to cry, but her voice broke before she could stop it from happening. She wouldn't cry. She wouldn't she wouldn't she wouldn't. "Super important," she finally managed, with a pitiful nod of her head as she let the dead slug fall to the ground and stood up with the Ravenclaw's help. Kinsay must've looked a mess. She knew she did. But in attempt to keep herself from crying, she blinked back her tears.

"Do you think... Do you think they're all dead?" She asked, despite knowing the answer to the question.

This was really bad. This was really, really bad. Everything was a mess.
As Ingrid helped her up, the expression across Kinsay’s face would usually have made her laugh if not for the utter devastation across it. What was she missing? Why were these slugs so important? It wasn’t even like they were snails and this was coming from the magical creature odd ball.

Flicking a bit of mud from her face, Ingrid watched as the colour drained from Kinsay’s face and just rained an eyebrow. “Super important? Kinsay, they were slugs? Couldn’t we just get more and mend the jar with magic and then zip it back on in? Problem solved. I mean, I’m pretty sure I could find you more slugs in the ground if you want?” because there had to be some slugs on the edge of the forest somewhere.

As for whether or not the slugs were in fact dead, it sure seemed like it. “Why don’t I clean this up and we can uhh…” but she wasn’t exactly sure what would help in this situation. Should she go get someone else to help like Emmerson? That seemed a little drastic but this whole situation was just strange.

Taking a deep breath and doing her best not to actually inhale any slug guts, she gingerly wrapped one arm around her friend and pulled out her wand, ready to make the crime scene vanish. Did that make her an accomplice to murder? What would the punishment be? Either way, Kinsay wasn’t going to go down for this alone. If this was a ride or…uh…get detention moment, Ingrid was all in. Someone say slug club?
Old 06-28-2021, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
As Ingrid helped her up, the expression across Kinsay’s face would usually have made her laugh if not for the utter devastation across it. What was she missing? Why were these slugs so important? It wasn’t even like they were snails and this was coming from the magical creature odd ball.

Flicking a bit of mud from her face, Ingrid watched as the colour drained from Kinsay’s face and just rained an eyebrow. “Super important? Kinsay, they were slugs? Couldn’t we just get more and mend the jar with magic and then zip it back on in? Problem solved. I mean, I’m pretty sure I could find you more slugs in the ground if you want?” because there had to be some slugs on the edge of the forest somewhere.

As for whether or not the slugs were in fact dead, it sure seemed like it. “Why don’t I clean this up and we can uhh…” but she wasn’t exactly sure what would help in this situation. Should she go get someone else to help like Emmerson? That seemed a little drastic but this whole situation was just strange.

Taking a deep breath and doing her best not to actually inhale any slug guts, she gingerly wrapped one arm around her friend and pulled out her wand, ready to make the crime scene vanish. Did that make her an accomplice to murder? What would the punishment be? Either way, Kinsay wasn’t going to go down for this alone. If this was a ride or…uh…get detention moment, Ingrid was all in. Someone say slug club?
It wasn't just about the slugs, not really. It never was the one thing that set her off. It was always the culmination of lots of little things. These just so happened to be the slugs that broke the abraxan's back and Ingrid was unfortunate enough to stumble upon Kinsay when it happened.

But as far as Kinsay was concerned, it was just about the slugs. Because she didn't have the energy for the other stuff and obviously she wasn't thinking about the other things because she was thinking about the slugs. Just the slugs. The ones she had just murdered. "But they were for Lewis," she explained desperately. "What if they had families?" Finding other slugs wouldn't change the fact that these ones were dead.

"No! We cAN'T!" Kinsays didn't yell, but they did get really passionate sometimes. This was one of those times. "We have to bury them proper." A funeral. But a super small one so that no one else would know she's a murderer and also so that Lewis wouldn't get sad about the death of his almost pets.

You are Lemon!
Old 07-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
It wasn't just about the slugs, not really. It never was the one thing that set her off. It was always the culmination of lots of little things. These just so happened to be the slugs that broke the abraxan's back and Ingrid was unfortunate enough to stumble upon Kinsay when it happened.

But as far as Kinsay was concerned, it was just about the slugs. Because she didn't have the energy for the other stuff and obviously she wasn't thinking about the other things because she was thinking about the slugs. Just the slugs. The ones she had just murdered. "But they were for Lewis," she explained desperately. "What if they had families?" Finding other slugs wouldn't change the fact that these ones were dead.

"No! We cAN'T!" Kinsays didn't yell, but they did get really passionate sometimes. This was one of those times. "We have to bury them proper." A funeral. But a super small one so that no one else would know she's a murderer and also so that Lewis wouldn't get sad about the death of his almost pets.
Somehow, Ingrid just couldn’t comprehend the importance of the slugs.

It was confusing.

They were slugs.

She did however want to be there for her friend. That was something she could [I]try[I] to do. Most likely in very poor fashion.

“I mean I guess they could have had families? Although, I’m not sure they had a family,” because she didn’t exactly know a lot about slugs. They were slugs. They had slime trails and slimy bodies and didn’t like salt. Was there much more to them than that? “Okay. Lewis. Okay. Cool.” She had so many questions that she wasn’t exactly sure where to start.

Why they couldn’t find more slugs for Lewis if they were important was slightly confusing to her but she let that fact go. “Why don’t we collect the slugs and bury them out in the grounds? Near the pumpkin patches maybe? because alive slugs might have liked the pumpkins to ruin and eat.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Somehow, Ingrid just couldn’t comprehend the importance of the slugs.

It was confusing.

They were slugs.

She did however want to be there for her friend. That was something she could [I]try[I] to do. Most likely in very poor fashion.

“I mean I guess they could have had families? Although, I’m not sure they had a family,” because she didn’t exactly know a lot about slugs. They were slugs. They had slime trails and slimy bodies and didn’t like salt. Was there much more to them than that? “Okay. Lewis. Okay. Cool.” She had so many questions that she wasn’t exactly sure where to start.

Why they couldn’t find more slugs for Lewis if they were important was slightly confusing to her but she let that fact go. “Why don’t we collect the slugs and bury them out in the grounds? Near the pumpkin patches maybe? because alive slugs might have liked the pumpkins to ruin and eat.
The slugs were important. They were so important. But now they're just dead.

All thanks to Kinsay Cassandra James of Gryffindor House, the First of Her Name, Queen of Disaster, Lady of Great Incessantry and Protector of No One, Bringer of Chaos, and Murderer of Slugs.

"But maybe they did!" She protested loudly. If they had sister slugs or brother slugs or baby slugs, their slug families were now orphaned. And though Kiz didn't know a lot about slugs either, she was so sure that they were capable of being sad. So very sure. Ingrid wasn't understanding. She wasn't. She wasn't at all.

Kins sniffled a little bit as she tried to reach a calm. "Pumpkin patch is good. I hope they're not allergic." Not that it would really matter now, but she wanted to be considerate of all things. Lowering herself back onto her knees, Kinsay began reaching for all the slugs ... and slug bits, lifting the end of her shirt a little bit to make a makeshift carrier and doing her best to avoid the broken glass. "You don't have to come if you don't want to," she looked back up at Ingrid and offered her an apologetic look. Ingrid probably had better things to do than bury slugs by a pumpkin patch. Though she couldn't really imagine that this was what anyone would want to do with their spare time and didn't need to ruin Ingrid's day too. Kiz had, clearly, already ruined enough.

You are Lemon!
Old 07-18-2021, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
The slugs were important. They were so important. But now they're just dead.

All thanks to Kinsay Cassandra James of Gryffindor House, the First of Her Name, Queen of Disaster, Lady of Great Incessantry and Protector of No One, Bringer of Chaos, and Murderer of Slugs.

"But maybe they did!" She protested loudly. If they had sister slugs or brother slugs or baby slugs, their slug families were now orphaned. And though Kiz didn't know a lot about slugs either, she was so sure that they were capable of being sad. So very sure. Ingrid wasn't understanding. She wasn't. She wasn't at all.

Kins sniffled a little bit as she tried to reach a calm. "Pumpkin patch is good. I hope they're not allergic." Not that it would really matter now, but she wanted to be considerate of all things. Lowering herself back onto her knees, Kinsay began reaching for all the slugs ... and slug bits, lifting the end of her shirt a little bit to make a makeshift carrier and doing her best to avoid the broken glass. "You don't have to come if you don't want to," she looked back up at Ingrid and offered her an apologetic look. Ingrid probably had better things to do than bury slugs by a pumpkin patch. Though she couldn't really imagine that this was what anyone would want to do with their spare time and didn't need to ruin Ingrid's day too. Kiz had, clearly, already ruined enough.
Judging by the utter devastation on Kinsay’s face, these slugs seemed to represent more than they actually were because well, they were slugs. But trying to be the best friend that she could be, she simply nodded and did her best understanding face.

“I mean maybe. I guess. Yeah. Who knows? Maybe we can transfigure you into one and you could fine out?” she offered, half as a joke and also half curious to see if they could do it and also to find out if slugs indeed did have families and a life and all that.

“Okay. Pumpkin patch it is. Honestly, if anything, I think it’ll attract more slugs and they’ll end up eating the pumpkins so I guess in a way, you’re giving back to the slug community Kins.” That was how it worked, right? Some creatures tended to go towards the dead bodies of their kind or something like that. “I don’t mind,” she smiled back, not bothered in the slightest. “I was only going to go draw or something. I can do it another time. Besides, you need someone to support you in these uh, sad, sad times.”

Patting her gingerly on the shoulder, she eyed her one last time to see if she herself had been hurt or if any glass had got stuck in her skin or clothes and then straightened up. “Do you want me to clean up this mess?”
Old 07-27-2021, 04:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Judging by the utter devastation on Kinsay’s face, these slugs seemed to represent more than they actually were because well, they were slugs. But trying to be the best friend that she could be, she simply nodded and did her best understanding face.

“I mean maybe. I guess. Yeah. Who knows? Maybe we can transfigure you into one and you could fine out?” she offered, half as a joke and also half curious to see if they could do it and also to find out if slugs indeed did have families and a life and all that.

“Okay. Pumpkin patch it is. Honestly, if anything, I think it’ll attract more slugs and they’ll end up eating the pumpkins so I guess in a way, you’re giving back to the slug community Kins.” That was how it worked, right? Some creatures tended to go towards the dead bodies of their kind or something like that. “I don’t mind,” she smiled back, not bothered in the slightest. “I was only going to go draw or something. I can do it another time. Besides, you need someone to support you in these uh, sad, sad times.”

Patting her gingerly on the shoulder, she eyed her one last time to see if she herself had been hurt or if any glass had got stuck in her skin or clothes and then straightened up. “Do you want me to clean up this mess?”
By tomorrow, Kinsay would maybe feel less horrible about the slug massacre. Maybe. At that point, it'd just be another item on the list of things that she had managed to ruin. The list seemed to grow more and more everyday. But it was fine! She had absolutely everything under control.

Except for this slug thing... Clearly.

"You could do that?" It wasn't that Kinsay was doubting Ingrid's magical ability, but. Um. Human transfiguration was one of the hardest branches. Kizzy knew. "Sometimes I wish I was a slug." So maybe turning into one would be for the very best. Slugs didn't have to deal with all the hard things third years had to deal with. It wouldn't be a terrible way to go. Actually, Kizzy was all for it.

She did want to think Ingrid was right about the pumpkin patch stuff... Even though it didn't sound very right. So she nodded along and tried her very best to believe it. In any case, it was nice of Ingrid to try to make her feel better like that. But Kinsay was no hero. She was a murder. "Thanks, Ingrid. Your support is everything." It really was.

After having collected all the slugs... and um. Slug bits. And maybe a little glass. She gave Ingrid the all clear. "Yes, please."

You are Lemon!