sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1235 users online including...
Stevendalo , ramsspeelay , Svetlevm , Svetliab

4 members
1231 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-22-2020, 03:28 AM

Default The Black Lake

Located just south of the castle and extending up to the edge of mountains in the distance is a half-mile wide body of freshwater known as the Black Lake (or the Great Lake). This is where the first years catch sight of Hogwarts for the first time when the Groundskeeper takes them across by boat, and where the seventh years set sail to new adventures on their graduation day. To the left side of the lakeshore is the way to the boathouse containing those seldom-used school vessels and other aquatic equipment.

If you decide to dip your toes in or feel brave enough for a swim in the chilly lake water, please be mindful of the many magical creatures inhabiting the lake. Grindylows, merpeople, selkies, and more all call the Black Lake home. On a warm day, you may even spot a tentacle wrapped around a stone in the shallows near the shore. Bartholomew Henry, the semi-domesticated Giant Squid, still hangs out here from time to time. Farther down the shores of the lake and heading toward the forest is a large white tomb belonging to a legendary former Hogwarts Headmaster, and a sandy stretch of shore where a certain Azkaban escapee was once saved by a stag patronus.

Whether you skip a stone or just sit and contemplate the serenity of the water, remember that you're walking along the path of history when you visit the shores of the Black Lake.

OOC: This probably goes without saying, but please do not RP for the Giant Squid! He DOES go here!
Old 05-11-2021, 01:37 AM   #76 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet had sat back down after her uncharacteristic burst of emotion and watched the rest of the session go downhill fast (had she started that, she wondered? but surely she wasn't the only one). Finally things went all to pieces as Gemma finally broke down--Violet had been wondering when that would happen, it can't have been easy losing your mother like that.

And then suddenly, without warning, Healer Poppy abruptly ended the session. Violet was starting to revise her theory that this woman was another Alliance plant sent here to cause further havoc in the school. If she was, she wasn't very good at it. In fact, she was showing all the signs of a person in over her head. Well, a mass group therapy session was probably not the best way to start out. One thing for sure, they probably wouldn't start out next time by making everyone talk about how they felt right off the bat.

Violet didn't blame the teachers for their actions last year, but the year before, when there were already strange things going on and no one would listen to the students--if they had paid attention then, maybe things wouldn't have gotten so bad. All Violet really wanted was for someone to acknowledge that some things could have been handled better and outline their plan for making sure it wouldn't happen again. That didn't seem too much to ask.

Still carrying her by-now-dry crumpet in its napkin, Violet got up and slowly walked away from the Lake.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:56 AM   #77 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Gemma listened to what the healer said and had heard it before, that they had made peace, but how could they have made peace if they didn't know they were going to go, that they were taken away. How could anyone find peace in that? She didn't understand and she felt like screaming, but she knew she couldn't. No, she was fine, everything was fine.

Well... it was fine until the headmaster's son spoke up and then Ashley. She felt rage at that point and stood up. "HOW DARE YOU! BETRAYED!!! MY MOTHER WAS CURSED BECAUSE SHE TRIED TO PROTECT US. I WATCHED HER PAIN AFTER THAT FIRST LESSON WHEN SHE WAS. I WENT TO VISIT HER AND SHE TRIED TO HIDE IT, BUT SHE COULDN'T. " The tears hit before she could stop them, she didn't want them, SHE WAS FINE! "YOUR DAD IS STILL ALIVE KALE. SHE STILL GET HIM, MY MOTHER DIED TRYING TO PROTECT US. SHE DIDN'T BETRAY US!!" She watched him walk away, good just go away.

She stared at Ashley too, "You wouldn't just try to understand, you kept just pushing, you put them in those positions. They tried to warn us, tried to give us clues, but you just kept pushing." Taking the bread in her hand she threw it at the girl taking all the emotions she had built up out on the only source she could at the moment.
Ash was not very good at processing emotions. She reacted to everything and she reacted strongly. Like a dangerous chemical reaction that exploded stuff.

So, as Gemma threw a piece of bread at her, she caught it, barely processing the throw before some gross food was in her hand and her emotions were overcoming her.

She crushed the food.
Then she dropped it.
Then she spoke.

"I don't mean professor Kitridge. SHE never betrayed us ever- also, neither did Schmoe, in case anybody wanted to know. He always helped us." And honestly, it was lowkey dumb of the girl to think that she meant to call a martyr a traitor. "I mean the bystander people at the ministry who didn't see any PROBLEMS with what was happening until they had full support behind them. And the ones who didn't care until their pure blood was in danger or whatever." Let's be honest, how many people had spoken out when bad change was being brought upon them? Clearly not that many.

"And- I CAN'T SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN BECAUSE I WOULD DIE IF I DID. I don't get to live happily ever after if I let pureblood supremacists step all over me. I don't get to live at all. THAT MEANS DEATH, BY THE WAY." She wasn't talking to Gemma at all, she was addressing the universe. "You all like to talk about my dangerous decisions and how people will die because of me, but I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. Sitting in silence doesn't mean safety for me, so you can all shut up about how much risks I take, when I'm going to die for this someday anyway and nobody cares enough to stop that... might as well get hurt for a cause... so if you want to tell me I'm stupid, go right ahead. But I'm not the one standing by violence and trauma without doing anything... and I'm not talking about kids- I get it - living etc. - but I do mean adults. They're supposed to protect us but they don't. Anyway, my rant is over, you can all yell at me now. Go give me detention or something, Healer Poppy. I'm sure I'm like, breaking rules or whatever by doing this."

Stay out of trouble... keep your head down... they did not get it. That meant death for her. Didn't they see how she could never be safe. "ALSO, this is no longer a mandatory therapy thing, because I'm not coming back. You're all welcome, I'm sure that will make it much better now that I'm gone. Sorry for making you all miserable and worried all the time."

Goodbye, Gemma. Goodbye, Poppy. Goodbye to this whole stupid 'therapy session'. Goodbye to the people who inevitably hated her now. She said what she said. She stuck by it. She ran off towards who-knew-where to go break some stuff, long before she heard the session was over.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:28 AM   #78 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Sitting with Lisa, Ev took the offered banana bread, offering her the last of the melon bread he had snagged as he nommed on the new flavor and.. watched the madness unfold. There was obviously a lot to unpack, but just as he'd suspected... this was a terrible scenario in which to do it. Lia had looked on the verge of tears when she left, which he had briefly looked concerned after her. There was a Hufflepuff (Gemma) who had lost it, but with fully good reason given the fact he was now connecting she was Professor Kittredge's daughter. She'd even thrown some bread at Ash.

Which... led to the next event. He watched as she also exploded on the group before running off. She was fully entitled to everything she said, and Evan wouldn't have said any of it was wrong given it was a matter of how she felt. But it also seems Ash's response primarily came from a misunderstanding of Gemma's perception of her previous commentary and everything just... domino effected. Because everyone was emotional, as they should be after last term.

He gave his sister another small squeeze, before standing up and eying the Healer. "Going back to your earlier question of how to rebuild trust. It isn't this. With all due respect," and he really didn't mean any it was just the polite thing to say, "you weren't here last term. If you really wanted to help us, there would have been some kind of reconnaissance on what would be an effective approach. You would have known this would have been more damaging." Because as she'd said earlier some might find this... 'helpful'.. he didn't see anyone who looked helped. Healer Poppy was just an adult, who wanted the kids to speak but who didn't want to listen. They thought they knew what was best for the students.

But they didn't.

He was done. Turning to Lisa he reached out to give her shoulder a small squeeze. "Want to go to the kitchens later to see if there is Strawberry milk and we can talk?" Because he also needed a moment to decompress before he went into things. But... if she had questions, he would try to answer since apparently she was going to find out through these wastes of time anyways. He squeezed her shoulder again, before turning around and heading back towards the castle.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #79 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Before Noah could fully stop his sister Scarlett from inhaling the rest of the bread within the vicinity, shouting happened. It was exactly what he'd expected, and no he wasn't particularly enjoying it. All points were valid, and it was making his head start to hurt. Too many emotions, too many voices... too many of everything, overloading his senses.

With all that has been said, all the Healer could do was point a finger at the Headmaster and say that this was his idea? Like, yeah okay, they get that, but whatever happened to taking full responsibility was what's bugging Noah all along. They all have varied feelings towards the past, but they are in the same boat nonetheless.

If there was anything he'd learned from the whole ordeal, it was independence. At the end of the day, he'd have to rely on himself and his capabilities-- and he will do his darn best to get to that point. For now though, the session was over, and he felt a little proud for sticking out his presence until the end. He was pleased that he'd seen through Healer Poppy's intention or whatever. Just another case to add to his trust issues, apparently.

Without a word, Noah got up from his seat, swiped a piece of bread, and headed back to the castle.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #80 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Um, what?

Scarlett missed the ruckus because she was more interested in EATING. She could tell people were kicking off, but knew no good would come from it anyway, so she stuck with the GOOD in there, which was all the bread.

Omnomnomnom.

The Hufflepuff did look at Healer Poppy when the woman called the end of the session. Huh? Already??? That was quick. Did they even get anything done???? Meaning the others, Scarlett was doing what she went there for!

Huh.

Oh well. The Healer was going to leave all the bread there, yes?
Old 05-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #81 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

She knew she as wrong the minute the bread left her hand, but she didn't care at that moment. She was sick of the way others were acting and the way they blamed and acted like the professors didn't care. She knew many of them because of her mother and she knew they wouldn't have willingly let them be treated the way they were.

Hearing the professors voice she looked down waiting for points to be taken or worse, but that didn't come what came was something she wasn't sure she wanted either. She didn't want to talk about it, she didn't want to walk uncomfortably, she just wanted to go hide. "Alright professor" she wouldn't tell him no though, that wouldn't be in good manners.

She listened to Ashley, but she didn't say anything. No, she just let the girl walk away. She knew they weren't going to agree and there was no reason to fight her. Gemma didn't want to fight with anyone, she didn't want to argue, to hate, to do anything that involved emotions. She wanted to be fine and seem fine.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:57 AM   #82 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Evan and her swapping bread reminded her of happier times in her childhood and this past summer. There had been times where she and him had shared popcorn. Lisa had always thought that Evan had been both the best and worst sharer. Worst in the sense that he’d pull a face or make a comment and best because said comment would always be hilariously entertaining. It was much more fun to ask him for food compared to Maya and Noah. Maya would just give it to her and Noah... Noah would pretend to ignore her buuut they both knew that she had Noah wrapped around her small index finger so he would end up letting her have her way. Teehee. Perks of being the youngest!

But this summer had been different with the introduction of an adopted sister. Fortunately said sister was older so Lisa’s rank as youngest wasn't threatened but if it had been... surely she would have been more upset about the whole unwelcome addition to the family. Lisa liked their adopted sister but she’d def feel as if she were getting replaced if she were older. Thank Merlin for being the youngest.

Fortunately the thoughts about her siblings distracted from the chaos in front of her as she munched her bread. She came back to when she saw that Ash and several others had left and....the session was dismissed. Lisa glanced up at the shoulder squeeze and nodded at her brother. The kitchens sounded perfect. She stopped over to Healer Poppy and looked up at her. “Thank you....” she tugged at her sleeve. “That must have been hard...” She felt kinda bad for Healer Poppy to have to go through this and... she wanted to broadcast that she recognized the woman’s efforts.

Turning to her older brother, she grabbed his hand. “So if you truly are sorry, you’d make me kimchi and strawberry milk!

And with that, she gave her older brother the most cheeky smile known to mankind. Heh. Wrapped around her finger much? Perhaps
Old 05-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #83 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Meda was sitting and listening to everything. She didn't know the healer that well yet nor had she been with the students long enough to know what they truly needed. She hadn't been at the battle, but she had been at the aftermath. She thought about the friends and her sister that had died and she tried to put herself in the students situation. Her heart went out to them and she started thinking about some ways divination could help healing.

It wasn't until her niece had spoken about ghosts that she bit her lip not wanting to have the emotions she felt. Her heart broke knowing the girl was hoping her mother stayed, that maybe it was a way to connect. Why hadn't she come to her where they could try to get signs from the spirits? That was something she would have to wait on because the therapy session had taken a turn.

Giving Kazmi a nod she got up. "Take some bread with you if you would like and hopefully we can come together again soon." She turned to the healer wanting to say something she just wasn't sure what. "Healer Poppy, if you ever want to try a different place you are always welcome to try in the library. May a suggestion possible reducing the size of these sessions, possibly having them by years or grouping two years together."

That could possibly help with so many and so many emotions at once, they were dealing with teenagers after all, hormones were part of the issue as well as emotions.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:52 PM   #84 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Decloning ^_^
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Claudine held no judgement to any of her classmates who were willing to share their feelings. If they felt comfortable enough, that was them. Then again, a few might just want attention. Whatever. That wasn’t her business. What might be her business though was any private sessions this woman might want to set up for those who weren’t willing to speak so openly. Couldn’t the Healer just leave them be? Sheesh. Annoyed, she balled her hand with the bread into a fist, crushing the baked good.

That next question was a lot better though. “What Darius said. Sketching helps me channel my emotions into something positive.’’ Also, there were quite the dramatics going on here. Claudine could feel the pain that was Gemma’s honestly but that new male Professor seemed to be handling things.

Without a further word, the sixth year got to her feet. This had been a waste of time.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 05-13-2021, 10:09 PM   #85 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Jolted from her thoughts by the sudden raised voices, Ivy blinked, her heart racing. What in Merlin's name was happening now? An argument? Between Gemma and Ashley? Were the professors or Healer Poppy going to be upset about this?

Oh, they were dismissed? Quite calmly too by Professor Kazmi, though the Healer looked a bit flustered. But at least they could all officially leave, Ivy didn't need to be told twice. Forcing herself to relax, she got to her feet, one last slice of bread in tow.

"Thanks for the bread, Healer Poppy." The group therapy idea was...not ideal, but the bread was great. She did appreciate that at least.

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 05-14-2021, 02:00 AM   #86 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default belated declone
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Atlas had gone back to half paying attention, his eyes darting around to make sure certain people did not eat the bread. Not until he had been able to fiddle around a bit at least. Perhaps it was commentary on wizarding society, how an answer was presented to them and being wary of it. Distrustful. He was not sure what kind of response he was expecting from Healer Poppy...but perhaps he was being foolish for not expecting her to be accepting and understanding. She...wasn't coming across as malevolent as he really needed her to be.

So he found himself blushing a bit and looking down at the bread in his hand. No, not yet. Not until he had seen the Potions Mistress.

He did nod, trust was a two way street and he knew that much...but he wasn't quite ready to open that door and give her the opportunity. One meeting and so early into the term? He would not be red shirting, thanks. Even the people he trusted the most...he was facing conflict with so...one could never be too careful when it came to your own well being, right? It had taken him a long time to be open to the process with the family therapist...it was going to take more than a lakeside conversation to do that.

He was feeling a little soft in all this...and he was tempted to leave since they were not obligated to be here. Apparently...that obligation and mandatory element had come from the headmaster and not Healer Poppy...which was something he hadn't entirely expected. Or maybe he just had not been paying attention enough to notice this distinction before - both were entirely possible given his fluctuating attention span these days.

He was quiet while everyone reflected and shared whatever it was they felt like sharing, but the jabs at the Ministry...at the accusations that they all let this happen...that hurt. His dad had not asked to be kidnapped and tortured. He hadn't simply let any of it happen. He had been fighting the whole time and that was the only reason he had come out on the other side in any sort of capacity. But before Atlas could shout at people...the daughter of the lake Divination professor was doing that for him...but maybe not in the way he would have shouted if he were to have used his voice.

Pain was pain. Suffering was suffering. Just because her mom had become a martyr to the cause did not maker her pain more significant that what he and Kale Trent were going through. It was just...different...but it was still theirs to shoulder. And all this talk of betrayal...Atlas had been grappling with that himself...whether or not HE had betrayed people.

And judging from the words of many of his peers...he had.

Thankfully Professor Kazmi had taken care of all that and stepped in. The Gryffindor felt...a little twitch of something in his chest at that. It was either kindness or a misdirect, he was not sure which yet.

With everything dismissed, Atlas was sure of one thing and one thing only...he did not like Ashley Fox. Not one bit. She did not know what all she was talking about and she would not even trying to understand.

Bread in hand, Atlas silently slipped away...before the tears were too prominent. He did not want to be known as the crier either.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 05-14-2021, 10:41 AM   #87 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Talk about sensory overload. Dare slowly chewed on the remains of the chocolate frog when.... yelling was happening. I do not hear... I do not speak... I do not see. His eyes were closed as he attempted to tune everything out.

Eventually, the ruckus stopped, and oh wait the session was over.

Good, I'm going to take a nap. Darius got up along with everyone without a word walking back up to the castle.

Old 05-16-2021, 01:24 AM   #88 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Kamran was remarkably composed, all the temple-rubbing and face-dragging was happening entirely in spirit. Not bad in the face of this disas-... slightly misguided therapy session. He let Fox go; distraught as she was, it was probably for the best that she cool off on her own. He'd take a walk with Kitridge, true to his word, then follow up with Fox, or have a word with Finneas Schmoe. With any luck, one of her own friends would be checking in, in the meantime.

Oh. Bread. Good point; not to sabotage a well-balanced diet or anything, but Kamran thought he deserved some more. He side-tracked to grab a slice or two from the refreshment table, and paused by both women, adding a comment of his own. Quietly. "Different approach can't hurt." Or maybe it could, but thinking optimistically here. The 'one size fits all' approach may have been doomed from the start, all things considered. Healer Poppy's heart seemed to be in the right place, but teenagers who were hurting - teenagers in general - were also historically not great at factoring that kind of thing in. Understandably.

Anyway. "With me, then, Miss Kitridge." Kamran returned to the Hufflepuff, and, with a nod, gestured for her to walk with him as he passed. "I won't keep you for long." Just until he was a little more certain she wasn't likely to go pelting Ashley Fox with loaves of bread on sight.

You are Chocolate!
Old 07-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #89 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Default Ollie <3
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

A good few hours had passed since she had chosen a spot to relax by the black lake. The weather wasn’t especially cold today, although Remy still wore layers upon layers to keep herself snug, which was possibly due to coming down with a common cold or something. Just a clear sniffle for now. She had been working on something artsy for the past few days, along with the snore fest of homework, which she had brought with her but just wasn’t feeling it. Wasn’t feeling herself.

The Gryffindor sat close to the edge of the lake, although making sure her shoes were JUST out of its reach. Didn’t want one of those magical beasts pulling her in. Remy’s favourite pass time at the moment seemed to be throwing/kicking stones around, more recently she started to imagine the stones were bludgers and she was the STAR beater. The stones that she had thrown plopped into a shallow part of the lake since she didn’t want to throw too hard.

She was keeping a watchful eye out for the Giant Squid, making sure not to thwack it on the head.

Imagine. Imminent death.

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing
Old 07-06-2021, 02:21 AM   #90 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
A good few hours had passed since she had chosen a spot to relax by the black lake. The weather wasn’t especially cold today, although Remy still wore layers upon layers to keep herself snug, which was possibly due to coming down with a common cold or something. Just a clear sniffle for now. She had been working on something artsy for the past few days, along with the snore fest of homework, which she had brought with her but just wasn’t feeling it. Wasn’t feeling herself.

The Gryffindor sat close to the edge of the lake, although making sure her shoes were JUST out of its reach. Didn’t want one of those magical beasts pulling her in. Remy’s favourite pass time at the moment seemed to be throwing/kicking stones around, more recently she started to imagine the stones were bludgers and she was the STAR beater. The stones that she had thrown plopped into a shallow part of the lake since she didn’t want to throw too hard.

She was keeping a watchful eye out for the Giant Squid, making sure not to thwack it on the head.

Imagine. Imminent death.
Ollie wanted to get out of her dorm. She hadn't been venturing out of the Slytherin common room since Christmas break, unable to happily socialize with all her friends. She missed them but wasn't sure if she would be able to go about her regular activities with what was weighing on her mind. She decided to rush out of the castle, hoping to find an unoccupied place on the grounds for her to get some fresh air.

She decided to go out by the lake, thinking that no one would be around all the monsters that live in the depths. She kept her head down, looking at her feet. She neared the lake not noticing her friend sitting at the edge. Looking up, she saw Remy sitting and stopped in her tracks. She missed talking to her friend but did she want to engage with her in this mindset? She stayed in her position debating each outcome.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #91 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Ollie wanted to get out of her dorm. She hadn't been venturing out of the Slytherin common room since Christmas break, unable to happily socialize with all her friends. She missed them but wasn't sure if she would be able to go about her regular activities with what was weighing on her mind. She decided to rush out of the castle, hoping to find an unoccupied place on the grounds for her to get some fresh air.

She decided to go out by the lake, thinking that no one would be around all the monsters that live in the depths. She kept her head down, looking at her feet. She neared the lake not noticing her friend sitting at the edge. Looking up, she saw Remy sitting and stopped in her tracks. She missed talking to her friend but did she want to engage with her in this mindset? She stayed in her position debating each outcome.
Since she really didn’t wanna be around anyone at the moment, well apart from a select few, Remy took notice of footsteps nearby to judge whether she had to move or not. She quickly realised someone was close and she turned to shoot them an unintentional glare. Wait, was that…?

No… it couldn’t be her best friend, Ollie, since she was making no effort to speak to her.

Let alone speak to her at all since they returned from Christmas. Maybe they weren’t friends anymore. Although she had no idea WHY, since she was a great friend, thank you very much. Remy watched for a few seconds waiting for her to make the first move, but nope, clearly not. The Gryffindor jumped to her feet and literally RAN over to her, rugby tackling her to the ground. The ground was soft… ish.

Her way of being excited to see her, but also annoyed at her. She definitely wasn’t trying to start a fight. “Are we not friends anymore?” No point beating around the bush. Remy frowned and then eased up on the positioning a little.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:20 PM   #92 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Since she really didn’t wanna be around anyone at the moment, well apart from a select few, Remy took notice of footsteps nearby to judge whether she had to move or not. She quickly realised someone was close and she turned to shoot them an unintentional glare. Wait, was that…?

No… it couldn’t be her best friend, Ollie, since she was making no effort to speak to her.

Let alone speak to her at all since they returned from Christmas. Maybe they weren’t friends anymore. Although she had no idea WHY, since she was a great friend, thank you very much. Remy watched for a few seconds waiting for her to make the first move, but nope, clearly not. The Gryffindor jumped to her feet and literally RAN over to her, rugby tackling her to the ground. The ground was soft… ish.

Her way of being excited to see her, but also annoyed at her. She definitely wasn’t trying to start a fight. “Are we not friends anymore?” No point beating around the bush. Remy frowned and then eased up on the positioning a little.
Uhhhh.... This was awkward. Ollie watched Remy, as Remy watched her. She was totally embarrassed to be caught both because she had wanted to be alone and because she knew how long it had been since she had spoke to her. But she didn't have much time before she had to brace for impact from the girl running at her.

Remy had taken her to the soft-ish ground, unexpected from Ollie. And she felt really, really bad when Remy asked if they were still friends. She tried to take take a deep breath though it was a bit hard with Remy on top of her. "Of course we are!" She wailed back to her. She felt tears forming in her eyes, but that would be super embarrassing to cry right now, so she did her best to keep her eyes dry. "I'm sorry I haven't talked to you.... I just" She struggled to find the words to describe her feelings. Was she upset, hurt? Was it devastation? It was definitely all of the above but she didn't want to sound dramatic.

"I didn't have a good break. And I've been really sad since." Hopefully Remy would understand and wouldn't be really upset with her. Now that she had run into her, she was glad to be talking to her again.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:22 PM   #93 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Uhhhh.... This was awkward. Ollie watched Remy, as Remy watched her. She was totally embarrassed to be caught both because she had wanted to be alone and because she knew how long it had been since she had spoke to her. But she didn't have much time before she had to brace for impact from the girl running at her.

Remy had taken her to the soft-ish ground, unexpected from Ollie. And she felt really, really bad when Remy asked if they were still friends. She tried to take take a deep breath though it was a bit hard with Remy on top of her. "Of course we are!" She wailed back to her. She felt tears forming in her eyes, but that would be super embarrassing to cry right now, so she did her best to keep her eyes dry. "I'm sorry I haven't talked to you.... I just" She struggled to find the words to describe her feelings. Was she upset, hurt? Was it devastation? It was definitely all of the above but she didn't want to sound dramatic.

"I didn't have a good break. And I've been really sad since." Hopefully Remy would understand and wouldn't be really upset with her. Now that she had run into her, she was glad to be talking to her again.
Not Ollie acting like this reaction wasn’t expected! Maybe they really WEREN’T friends anymore. Remy tried to harness her anger to stop herself from crying at the prospect of that. The Gryffindor moved off of her EX friend and sat cross legged beside her, still frowning.

Although… her expression softened after seeing Ollie starting to get a bit upset. She could see her trying to mask it, which was only too relatable as she’d done that a few times too. As for her explanation, well, she couldn’t get mad at her for going through a rough time now, should she? Remy herself hadn’t been feeling great lately either, particularly homesick, but you didn’t see HER cutting off her friends, just saying. “It’s okay,” she mumbled. “Sorry for… tackling you.” Because she supposed that was kind of uncalled for.

What happened on your break?” Perhaps it was to do with her dad, since she remembered Ollie saying a few… off… things about him in the past. Although she never outright said anything. “You know you’re supposed to be my best friend, if you’re having a bad time, you know you can come talk to me. That’s what best friends do.” Remy wasn’t sure how but sometimes just having someone to rant to was enough.

By the way, we have now established that Ollie and Remy ARE best friends, no matter Ollie’s thoughts on it.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:04 PM   #94 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Not Ollie acting like this reaction wasn’t expected! Maybe they really WEREN’T friends anymore. Remy tried to harness her anger to stop herself from crying at the prospect of that. The Gryffindor moved off of her EX friend and sat cross legged beside her, still frowning.

Although… her expression softened after seeing Ollie starting to get a bit upset. She could see her trying to mask it, which was only too relatable as she’d done that a few times too. As for her explanation, well, she couldn’t get mad at her for going through a rough time now, should she? Remy herself hadn’t been feeling great lately either, particularly homesick, but you didn’t see HER cutting off her friends, just saying. “It’s okay,” she mumbled. “Sorry for… tackling you.” Because she supposed that was kind of uncalled for.

What happened on your break?” Perhaps it was to do with her dad, since she remembered Ollie saying a few… off… things about him in the past. Although she never outright said anything. “You know you’re supposed to be my best friend, if you’re having a bad time, you know you can come talk to me. That’s what best friends do.” Remy wasn’t sure how but sometimes just having someone to rant to was enough.

By the way, we have now established that Ollie and Remy ARE best friends, no matter Ollie’s thoughts on it.
Ollie was at least glad that Remy was still excited to see her, even if she was a bit upset Ollie had been distant. She waited for the little lion to climb off of her before sitting up and explaining what had been going on. " Nothing happened over break, that's the thing... My dad just refused to talk to me, so I'm just really sad about it. Plus he didn't even get me a gift!" She was a bit louder than she wanted to be on that last part but Remy was used to theatrics and all. It was just really surprising that he would cut her off like that, and over a Hogwarts house at that. At least that's what She thought it was. She hadn't done anything else- that she knew of at least- to upset him.

She felt some comfort in knowing that her best friend was there for her to confide in. She only hoped that she could prove to Remy that she was there for her friend as well. "I'm really really really sorry I didn't talk to you for so long I just didn't know what to think about my dad. I know that's not a great reason for not talking to you though. So from now on, I'm just going to tell you everything like best friends do." She smiled at the gryffindor. She had always enjoyed her talk with Remy and Remy was a good friend! But she also knew that Remy needed her time to tell Ollie about her break. "But I wanna hear all about your break! So tell me everything."
Old 07-09-2021, 01:48 PM   #95 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Ollie was at least glad that Remy was still excited to see her, even if she was a bit upset Ollie had been distant. She waited for the little lion to climb off of her before sitting up and explaining what had been going on. " Nothing happened over break, that's the thing... My dad just refused to talk to me, so I'm just really sad about it. Plus he didn't even get me a gift!" She was a bit louder than she wanted to be on that last part but Remy was used to theatrics and all. It was just really surprising that he would cut her off like that, and over a Hogwarts house at that. At least that's what She thought it was. She hadn't done anything else- that she knew of at least- to upset him.

She felt some comfort in knowing that her best friend was there for her to confide in. She only hoped that she could prove to Remy that she was there for her friend as well. "I'm really really really sorry I didn't talk to you for so long I just didn't know what to think about my dad. I know that's not a great reason for not talking to you though. So from now on, I'm just going to tell you everything like best friends do." She smiled at the gryffindor. She had always enjoyed her talk with Remy and Remy was a good friend! But she also knew that Remy needed her time to tell Ollie about her break. "But I wanna hear all about your break! So tell me everything."
The Gryffindor raised an eyebrow. Her dad sounded like a complete jerk. Surely Ollie could report him for being such a lousy father. "Do you want me to ask my mum if you can stay with me during some of the summer?" Like, at least a week of the summer. Remy was being dead serious, too, because she knew her mum would agree to it. Her dad didn't really care what she got up to - although not to the extent of Ollie's dad. She beamed at the idea, "Imagine how much fun we'd have!!!" They could go camping, they could have slumber parties, stay up all night talking about boys...

Hearing Ollie refer to them as best friends too, because DUH, Remy's mood shifted and she cheered up massively. "It's okay, I forgive you. Just don't ever do it again." She wiggled her finger, bossily. "Why is your dad being such a jerk?" She asked, not meaning to be rude.

HER break?

"My break was pretty cool, we had a lot of family round, and my sister was there too. Which was great because she's been so busy recently." Too busy to send an owl to her lil sis. It was fine, Remy understood.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #96 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
The Gryffindor raised an eyebrow. Her dad sounded like a complete jerk. Surely Ollie could report him for being such a lousy father. "Do you want me to ask my mum if you can stay with me during some of the summer?" Like, at least a week of the summer. Remy was being dead serious, too, because she knew her mum would agree to it. Her dad didn't really care what she got up to - although not to the extent of Ollie's dad. She beamed at the idea, "Imagine how much fun we'd have!!!" They could go camping, they could have slumber parties, stay up all night talking about boys...

Hearing Ollie refer to them as best friends too, because DUH, Remy's mood shifted and she cheered up massively. "It's okay, I forgive you. Just don't ever do it again." She wiggled her finger, bossily. "Why is your dad being such a jerk?" She asked, not meaning to be rude.

HER break?

"My break was pretty cool, we had a lot of family round, and my sister was there too. Which was great because she's been so busy recently." Too busy to send an owl to her lil sis. It was fine, Remy understood.
Ollie was really feeling the love. Between the offer from Remy to stay with her for a week over summer break and the offer from the Nams, and the plan to work a sleep away camp, she was pretty much set for the summer! Now she wouldn't even have to talk to her father. And if she got a summer job, she could buy her own school supplies so there, she would have to see him once."Thanks Remy, that's really nice. I'd love to come visit you! I bet your house is so exciting." With Remy's crazy personality, her room had to be super cool. Plus it would be her first sleep over! Unless you counted sleeping with other girls in the dorm, which Ollie did not count.

The truth was, she didn't know why her dad was a jerk. She hadn't done anything bad to upset him. The only thing that Ollie believed it could be was getting sorted into Slytherin. "I don't know why. He's never been like this before. We used to be really close." She was starting to get worried now. Has she been spending way too much time think about her dad and not herself?

Ollie had totally forgotten Remy had an older sister. Why did she have such a hard time remembering people?? Are you and your sister close?"
Old 07-10-2021, 09:26 AM   #97 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Ollie was really feeling the love. Between the offer from Remy to stay with her for a week over summer break and the offer from the Nams, and the plan to work a sleep away camp, she was pretty much set for the summer! Now she wouldn't even have to talk to her father. And if she got a summer job, she could buy her own school supplies so there, she would have to see him once."Thanks Remy, that's really nice. I'd love to come visit you! I bet your house is so exciting." With Remy's crazy personality, her room had to be super cool. Plus it would be her first sleep over! Unless you counted sleeping with other girls in the dorm, which Ollie did not count.

The truth was, she didn't know why her dad was a jerk. She hadn't done anything bad to upset him. The only thing that Ollie believed it could be was getting sorted into Slytherin. "I don't know why. He's never been like this before. We used to be really close." She was starting to get worried now. Has she been spending way too much time think about her dad and not herself?

Ollie had totally forgotten Remy had an older sister. Why did she have such a hard time remembering people?? Are you and your sister close?"
YAAAAYYYY, Ollie had agreed to it.

Ohmygosh, yay! I’m gonna make a big list of stuff we can do!!” She wouldn’t describe her house as exciting. Her family weren’t the wealthiest of families out there, although they were comfortable. “My ROOM is really cool.” That was a given. She paused, “you don’t think your dad would mind you staying with me?” If not - they’d have to come up with a proper Pottee!Weasley recuse plan. Unfortunately she didn’t think Ahnya would hook them up with a flying car.

Remy’s mind was ticking away with ideas.

Hmm… that was really weird. Remy gasped. “What is someone has done something bad to your dad?! Like, used the imperius curse? Or…” She gasped ahain. Like we said, her mind was running at 100mph at the moment. “What if it’s someone using polyjuice potion and pretending to be your dad??!!” It was a perfectly plausible suggestion in today’s society.

Yes, we are really close,” The Gryffindor nodded enthusiastically. “She’s just training to become a Healer at the moment, so she’s super busy.” It sucked but it was also super cool that Ahnya was going for a cool career like that.

Old 07-11-2021, 11:51 PM   #98 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
YAAAAYYYY, Ollie had agreed to it.

Ohmygosh, yay! I’m gonna make a big list of stuff we can do!!” She wouldn’t describe her house as exciting. Her family weren’t the wealthiest of families out there, although they were comfortable. “My ROOM is really cool.” That was a given. She paused, “you don’t think your dad would mind you staying with me?” If not - they’d have to come up with a proper Pottee!Weasley recuse plan. Unfortunately she didn’t think Ahnya would hook them up with a flying car.

Remy’s mind was ticking away with ideas.

Hmm… that was really weird. Remy gasped. “What is someone has done something bad to your dad?! Like, used the imperius curse? Or…” She gasped ahain. Like we said, her mind was running at 100mph at the moment. “What if it’s someone using polyjuice potion and pretending to be your dad??!!” It was a perfectly plausible suggestion in today’s society.

Yes, we are really close,” The Gryffindor nodded enthusiastically. “She’s just training to become a Healer at the moment, so she’s super busy.” It sucked but it was also super cool that Ahnya was going for a cool career like that.
Remy seemed really excited about Ollie spending time in the summer with her. She couldn't say she wasn't excited either, she totally was! "Yeah, my dad will." Not a total lie. If she asked her dad there was a chance he'd let her go, but Ollie wasn't going to ask. She'd figure out a way to pay the fair to go to Remy's house herself... even if she had to 'borrow' a few things from her father. She had made a good paycheck walking dogs before, so she could probably just do that again.

Hmmm... Had something actually happen to her dad? Probably not, he didn't do anything with magical people or magic, as far as she knew. She shook her head "I don't think so. He doesn't have anything to do with the ministry anymore so, I think he just changed." She didn't want to face or admit that maybe her father just didn't like her anymore, but maybe it was time she did. "If he was under a spell or was someone else, I don't think I'd be able to tell."

That was honestly so cool. But Ollie thought everything about the magic world was cool! "Yeah, I bet that training has her busy. Being a Healer is really cool! Is that what you wanna do when you grow up?" She felt kinda silly asking about Remy's plans when she grew up, but they were still kids... right?
Old 07-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #99 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Remy seemed really excited about Ollie spending time in the summer with her. She couldn't say she wasn't excited either, she totally was! "Yeah, my dad will." Not a total lie. If she asked her dad there was a chance he'd let her go, but Ollie wasn't going to ask. She'd figure out a way to pay the fair to go to Remy's house herself... even if she had to 'borrow' a few things from her father. She had made a good paycheck walking dogs before, so she could probably just do that again.

Hmmm... Had something actually happen to her dad? Probably not, he didn't do anything with magical people or magic, as far as she knew. She shook her head "I don't think so. He doesn't have anything to do with the ministry anymore so, I think he just changed." She didn't want to face or admit that maybe her father just didn't like her anymore, but maybe it was time she did. "If he was under a spell or was someone else, I don't think I'd be able to tell."

That was honestly so cool. But Ollie thought everything about the magic world was cool! "Yeah, I bet that training has her busy. Being a Healer is really cool! Is that what you wanna do when you grow up?" She felt kinda silly asking about Remy's plans when she grew up, but they were still kids... right?

Remy was confused as to why her dad would be cool about it considering he was a total jerk, but she wouldn’t question it. “Where do you live?” As in, what town? Remy wondered if she would need to ask her mum to pick her up or something. Sudden thought! “Oooh! We could go camping.” Just throwing ideas out there now. Even camping out in her back yard could be pretty fun. Staying up all night, telling ghost stories…

She wasn’t convinced. “I wonder if there’s a potion that could reverse stuff like that… like Finite.” Maybe they should brew something and slip it into Ollie’s dads drink. “There must be a reason why he’s being like this.” A father couldn’t just suddenly dislike their kid, right?

Nah.” The Gryffindor shrugged and sighed. “Looks like too much work for me.” Not that she wasn’t academic, because she was, but she knew she had years to figure it out. She’d rather heal sick animals than sick people anyway.

Do you know what you’ll do when you leave here?”