sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1170 users online including...
Ivana R , PhoenixRising , FredFum , Seo-Ul-ges , Andrewvh , Methrenhow , Vikijuq , Kimothy

8 members
1162 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-27-2022, 12:21 AM

Default The Lake

Graphic credit: Felixir

The large freshwater lake of Hogwarts is located just south of the castle. About half a mile wide in diameter, the lake dominates much of the school's landscape, a steely and ominous mass of icy water in the winter, yet an inviting and refreshing sight once the weather starts to heat up. On one of its banks, a towering beech tree stands sentinel, and is a popular location to meet and relax. Castle-side of the lake stands the boathouse.

You may swim in the lake, but be careful, and also mindful of the creatures that reside here. Merpeople, grindylows, and the Great Squid, to name but a few, call these watery depths their home. You would do well to leave them in peace. If they feel like it, they'll come to you; the Giant Squid, who goes by the name of Bartholomew Henry, has been known to bask in the shallows on sunny days.

OOC: Please do not RP for the Giant Squid.
Old 02-11-2023, 02:56 AM   #26 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Mercer's deep concentration (and chilly toes) was interrupted by someone else splashing into the shallows, and he glanced up with a little puzzled look on his face. He barely understood why he did things sometimes, let alone why other people would join him. And yet, here he was, starting a party in the lake.

"I was... well. What are you doing, actually? Because the water is actually much colder than I thought it would be and I'm just wondering if you'd miss your toes? Also I think a fish keeps biting my big toe. So." Mercer crouched briefly and came up with a small silver fish that he immediately released. "It's not his fault, I guess. Toes look like food, don't they?"
Finn shrugged. "I saw you, and thought...no...just...now I'm here," he said, shrugging again. He really...hadn't thought through a cold weather foray into the water. It just seemed like the thing to do, given that this kid had been here first. "I-" he broke off mid-thought as the other boy caught a fish with, with his bare hands. "How did you do that??" he asked, jaw dropping. Anything else the boy had said had gone in one ear and out the other, his brain was too busy with processing what he was seeing to process any more words.

"Is this ... extreme fishing?" Catching fish by hand in near-freezing water? Seemed like extreme fishing to this Gryffindor.
Old 02-18-2023, 04:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Keighley gave a nod of her head. Good for him, being all prepared and that. Not everyone would've thought about heating charms BEFORE entering the water. It happens. She would know. There had been a time or two where she had been in a hurry or in such a joyous mood that it had simply slipped her mind in that moment. She learned her lesson from it.

Erm.. huh? If he wasn't going swimming then.. what was he doing? Don't mind her for looking mildly puzzled right then. "Oh, okay?" It hadn't been meant to come out as
a question but it had. "Forgive me for asking this but.. what does waiting for Bartholomew Henry have to do with you standing in the freezing cold water for?" Perhaps it wasn't any of her business but she was curious. Annnnnnd Atlas was outside where anyone at all could see him. Surely he didn't have to be IN the water to speak with the giant squid?
Joyous moods. Couldn't relate.

He did not find her questions offensive at least, even if he was only slightly miffed by having his motivations questioned. Curiosity was not a crime, thankfully, but it could be an irritating trait. "It's the more efficient way of getting his attention," the Gryffindor explained. Just sitting on the bank watching the undisturbed water wasn't going to get much done and there were only so many failed attempts at skipping stones Atlas could stand before his ego became too bruised to carry on. So, instead, he was giving himself frostbite. Made perfect sense. But, speaking of stones, he did have a couple in his pocket still that he needed to toss out into the lake for added effect. Sure, he could have tossed them from the shore but it was unlikely they would have made it too far. Athleticism was not on his side despite his bulked up appearance and broadening shoulders. Even so, however, he intended on using his wand to slingshot them further out. Which is what he was currently preparing himself to do. Which a flick of his wand followed up by a tight corkscrew movement from the wrist, Atlas cleared his throat triumphantly as a translucent golden thread-like light dripped out from his wand and he reached into his pocket for pebble number one.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 03-01-2023, 04:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Joyous moods. Couldn't relate.

He did not find her questions offensive at least, even if he was only slightly miffed by having his motivations questioned. Curiosity was not a crime, thankfully, but it could be an irritating trait. "It's the more efficient way of getting his attention," the Gryffindor explained. Just sitting on the bank watching the undisturbed water wasn't going to get much done and there were only so many failed attempts at skipping stones Atlas could stand before his ego became too bruised to carry on. So, instead, he was giving himself frostbite. Made perfect sense. But, speaking of stones, he did have a couple in his pocket still that he needed to toss out into the lake for added effect. Sure, he could have tossed them from the shore but it was unlikely they would have made it too far. Athleticism was not on his side despite his bulked up appearance and broadening shoulders. Even so, however, he intended on using his wand to slingshot them further out. Which is what he was currently preparing himself to do. Which a flick of his wand followed up by a tight corkscrew movement from the wrist, Atlas cleared his throat triumphantly as a translucent golden thread-like light dripped out from his wand and he reached into his pocket for pebble number one.
If Atlas was annoyed by her questions in any way, he didn't act like it. And well even if had, Keighley may not have even noticed as she was now staring out over the water curiously. "Is it? I didn't know that but now that I think about it I can see how that does make a great deal of sense." Movement within the water was more likely to catch the Giant Squids attention rather than simply sitting around and waiting for him to appear on his own.

Shifts her weight some, sitting up straighter with her back against the tree trunk. Bright blue eyes watching to see what was going to happen. How long would it be before the Giant Squid surfaced to see what was going?

You are Bread!
Old 03-08-2023, 03:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Red Cap

Default delivery for one Mercer Branxton

SPOILER!!: humanfolk
Quote:
Mercer's deep concentration (and chilly toes) was interrupted by someone else splashing into the shallows, and he glanced up with a little puzzled look on his face. He barely understood why he did things sometimes, let alone why other people would join him. And yet, here he was, starting a party in the lake.

"I was... well. What are you doing, actually? Because the water is actually much colder than I thought it would be and I'm just wondering if you'd miss your toes? Also I think a fish keeps biting my big toe. So." Mercer crouched briefly and came up with a small silver fish that he immediately released. "It's not his fault, I guess. Toes look like food, don't they?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Finn shrugged. "I saw you, and thought...no...just...now I'm here," he said, shrugging again. He really...hadn't thought through a cold weather foray into the water. It just seemed like the thing to do, given that this kid had been here first. "I-" he broke off mid-thought as the other boy caught a fish with, with his bare hands. "How did you do that??" he asked, jaw dropping. Anything else the boy had said had gone in one ear and out the other, his brain was too busy with processing what he was seeing to process any more words.

"Is this ... extreme fishing?" Catching fish by hand in near-freezing water? Seemed like extreme fishing to this Gryffindor.

Some species of owl enjoyed a fish upon occasion, but Herjenmie was not of said disposition.

Swooping and hooting across the grounds with quite the sizeable parcel clutched between its talons and a letter tied to it with its edges flapping in the wind, the very impressive and very important looking eagle owl spotted its intended recipient and gave one final plunge towards the ground. It was a miscalculation, it had been some time since Herjenmie had been asked to deliver a larger parcel, and the eagle owl was forced to drop the parcel at the last second. The parcel went SPLAT into the mug, lodging itself at least 8 centimeters into the moist surface. The owl took a mild tumble, splattering both boys in a gentle coat of mud and lake sludge, before landing on its talons a yard or two away. Herjenmie recovered quickly and bounced back towards the pair, hooting eagerly towards the young Ravenclaw boy who would now have to dislodge the parcel from the mud.

Another perfect delivery indeed. Treat?
Old 03-23-2023, 12:43 AM   #30 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
If Atlas was annoyed by her questions in any way, he didn't act like it. And well even if had, Keighley may not have even noticed as she was now staring out over the water curiously. "Is it? I didn't know that but now that I think about it I can see how that does make a great deal of sense." Movement within the water was more likely to catch the Giant Squids attention rather than simply sitting around and waiting for him to appear on his own.

Shifts her weight some, sitting up straighter with her back against the tree trunk. Bright blue eyes watching to see what was going to happen. How long would it be before the Giant Squid surfaced to see what was going?
Atlas was actually beginning to feel a pang of regret for not asking Freddie to come join him in this little mission. The thought alone brought about its own series of complications considering the context and, ironically, entirely unrelated to recent developments. Practically speaking...he should have. People were drawn to that Gryffindor effortlessly, magnetically, and gravitationally. A lot of -ly's. It probably applied to giant molluscs as well. "Yeah...I mean...if you went to visit someone and just stood there outside the door without knocking or dinging them..." Well, she got the idea.

Though it was starting to seem like what he was doing right now was knocking on a door when no one was home.

Really rude of his own analogy turning against him like this.

But also...like...Bartholomew Henry? Could you just...you know...do this seventh year a solid? Atlas had only been instrumental in helping solve the problems cause by Pharaoh's Triumph in both researching PH balance and other aquatic statistics as well as being one of the first voices suggesting they burn it all to the ground at the root...so like...you owed him one!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 03-24-2023, 01:27 AM   #31 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default 100 years later
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herjenmie the Eagle Owl View Post
Some species of owl enjoyed a fish upon occasion, but Herjenmie was not of said disposition.

Swooping and hooting across the grounds with quite the sizeable parcel clutched between its talons and a letter tied to it with its edges flapping in the wind, the very impressive and very important looking eagle owl spotted its intended recipient and gave one final plunge towards the ground. It was a miscalculation, it had been some time since Herjenmie had been asked to deliver a larger parcel, and the eagle owl was forced to drop the parcel at the last second. The parcel went SPLAT into the mug, lodging itself at least 8 centimeters into the moist surface. The owl took a mild tumble, splattering both boys in a gentle coat of mud and lake sludge, before landing on its talons a yard or two away. Herjenmie recovered quickly and bounced back towards the pair, hooting eagerly towards the young Ravenclaw boy who would now have to dislodge the parcel from the mud.

Another perfect delivery indeed. Treat?
Considering that Mercer was just as surprised to find that fish as the fish was to be found, it was hard to call it 'fishing'. At least, not on purpose. "It's extremely something, yes, but I think mostly extremely dumb. I'm giving up, y'see?" He splashed out of the water and started pulling his socks back on his numb feet.

They were interrupted by an over burdened owl, who delivered its parcel into a mud flat, and then toppled its way across the ground. Bewildered by raining fowl, Mercer gave the owl a scratch behind where he assumed the ear hole was. "Um. Good fella, but why the heck would anyone think you... well, I won't insult your skill set, but that package was quite... quite." He plucked his socks back off and meandered off into the mud to save the package. Who was it even for?

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 03-25-2023, 01:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
Red Cap

Quote:
Considering that Mercer was just as surprised to find that fish as the fish was to be found, it was hard to call it 'fishing'. At least, not on purpose. "It's extremely something, yes, but I think mostly extremely dumb. I'm giving up, y'see?" He splashed out of the water and started pulling his socks back on his numb feet.

They were interrupted by an over burdened owl, who delivered its parcel into a mud flat, and then toppled its way across the ground. Bewildered by raining fowl, Mercer gave the owl a scratch behind where he assumed the ear hole was. "Um. Good fella, but why the heck would anyone think you... well, I won't insult your skill set, but that package was quite... quite." He plucked his socks back off and meandered off into the mud to save the package. Who was it even for?
Never the ungrateful owl, Herjenmie hooted and nipped at the sleeves of the boy's while shifting their weight between their taloned feet. There was disappointment, oh yes. While having their feathers adored was always pleasant, the eagle owl had worked up quite the appetite in flight and nothing soothed sore wing muscles quite like a savory owl treat. Daydreaming about owl treats may have resulted in a slightly less gentle than intended nip at the boy's sturdy fingers, but Herjenmie had been lethargic in their movements so nothing to fret all that much about. A head turn or ten later and the owl was bouncing in place while waiting to be sure that this recipient was, indeed, the correct one.

And the owl had not given up hope that there would be a treat coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETTER & PARCEL TO ONE MERCER BRANXTON

Hey bud -

Been organizing our European food pilgrimage for the summer and debating whether or not to take some time in Italy. Pretty hard to near impossible to beat any of mum’s cooking and we have been plenty as a family before so was thinking that maybe we skip it and venture into other countries we have not left our Branxton mark upon yet. Do you have a preference? Let me know, okay?

About your question though…there is some good news and bad news. Bad is a bit too bleak a phrase to be honest, but what I mean is that there is a pro and con to what I am about to say - two sides of the same coin. On the one hand, there is no one way to be in a relationship and every person and dynamic is going to be unique. You’re ace at being unique, so you have got this down pat already! On the flip side, of that same coin, there is no how-to list really for how to be in a relationship so you are just going to have to figure that out as you go. So I guess the advice I am about to give is more how I would approach and think about things were I to be someone’s boyfriend :
  • Be honest and very clear with your feelings, expectations, and needs for the relationship.
  • The strongest relationships are founded in friendship and try not to ever forget that. It is not all about romance and the other stuff.
  • Strive to bring out the best in each other. Fights and conflict are natural and normal and hopefully will be learning and growth experiences for both of you.
  • Related to the above, being in a relationship should make you feel more like yourself and not less.
  • Being a boyfriend means that your partner is special and not an afterthought. This does not mean that you should only be spending your time with them nor put them on a pedestal above everything else, but they should be a priority. Remember that your partnership, your relationship, is a place where each of you fully belongs and your emotional needs are equally as important.
  • Consent, consent, consent, consent, consent.
  • Kiss their cheek or forehead, hold their hand, be present. The small details can speak just as loudly if not more intimately than the loud ones.
  • And speaking of kissing...maintain good oral hygiene. I think this is pretty self explanatory.

I wish I had better insight with regards to your question, Merc. We haven’t ever really talked about this stuff before and I’ve never had a significant other - plenty of unrequited crushes though. I have still not been all that successful in the romance department, so I cannot speak to any real experience. That might be changing, soon, but we are still taking our time figuring that out. It doesn’t surprise me too much that you have found someone and someone has found you as you are such a compassionate and likable fellow. Just don’t try to grow up too fast, okay?

Miss you, bud. Can’t wait to pick you up from King’s Cross come the summer. I’ve included more than a few essentials to tie you over in the meanwhile - though I suspect any care package from mum and dad will put mine to shame.

Hopefully something in all this was helpful and…well… let me know how things go? This person you are boyfriend to is very lucky to have you, remember that.

THE SIZEABLE PARCEL ACCOMPANYING THE LETTER INCLUDES A VARIETY OF SNACKS (INCLUDING A COUPLE OF SMALL CONTAINERS OF BREATH MINTS)
Old 03-27-2023, 01:53 AM   #33 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

"Oh, it's me!" Mercer flopped gracelessly back into the muck, but he cleared the package from its sticking place in the process. His name was there, or what he could read of it. Plucking his way back toward the waiting owl and his compatriot, Mercer was a muddy mess and not in much of a position to open a package or read a letter without ruining both.

"Ah. Do you tip owls?" Mercer offered a bit of seaweed that he found strung over one shoulder, but that seemed a lousy tip. "If you'll wait until I'm... cleaner? I can get you something. I guess."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 03-29-2023, 01:31 AM   #34 (permalink)
Red Cap

T.R.E.A.T

It was obvious now that no amount of attractive feather fluffing nor staring would reward the eagle owl their just dessert, which meant that there was little reason to stick around here. Hooting indignantly at the empty hand being presented to him once again, Herjenmie stretched their wings out to either side nice and wide. No kinks to be felt, it was time to make like a feather and leave.

Fare the well, muddy messy human. May you have treats ready for the next delivery.

Up up and away!
Old 03-29-2023, 03:45 PM   #35 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Atlas was actually beginning to feel a pang of regret for not asking Freddie to come join him in this little mission. The thought alone brought about its own series of complications considering the context and, ironically, entirely unrelated to recent developments. Practically speaking...he should have. People were drawn to that Gryffindor effortlessly, magnetically, and gravitationally. A lot of -ly's. It probably applied to giant molluscs as well. "Yeah...I mean...if you went to visit someone and just stood there outside the door without knocking or dinging them..." Well, she got the idea.

Though it was starting to seem like what he was doing right now was knocking on a door when no one was home.

Really rude of his own analogy turning against him like this.

But also...like...Bartholomew Henry? Could you just...you know...do this seventh year a solid? Atlas had only been instrumental in helping solve the problems cause by Pharaoh's Triumph in both researching PH balance and other aquatic statistics as well as being one of the first voices suggesting they burn it all to the ground at the root...so like...you owed him one!
A fair amount of the blondes attention had been on the lake, looking for any signs of movement beneath the waters surface. When Atlas spoke again though, she shifted her gaze towards him but in a way that she could still watch the water. This was easy enough to do given he was standing where he was. "That's.. a very good point." Going to someone's home and not trying to make them aware that you were there at all was completely pointless.

"Umm.. would you like some help? Maybe there's not enough disturbance happening in the water from up here for him to be aware that you want him to come up and say hello?" Now she had no idea or not if this was the case but it seemed plausible to her. And it couldn't really hurt at all if skipped a few stones across the water as well, could it?

You are Bread!
Old 04-08-2023, 08:47 AM   #36 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Summer couldn't come any sooner. As it was, Sable Ileana was fully ready for third year to be over with. Especially since she had plans for once she was back home. Plans that involved talking her grandpa into letting her go out on his boat, inviting her crew along (of course). Maybe her cousin and Juli too. Odds were she'd need some sort of chaperone, anyways. It was a short list, but the idea was there. It just needed to be put into effect.

For now, though, the blonde fourteen year old was just lounging at the edge of the lake, shoes and socks off with her feet in the water as she sang Hoist the Colors to herself. So far she hadn't managed to get any of the portraits to join her in her singalong, but maybe the squid would. At least, the weather was nice. Plans were always being made and adjusted, even without her trusty notebook.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
Old 04-08-2023, 02:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Summer couldn't come any sooner. As it was, Sable Ileana was fully ready for third year to be over with. Especially since she had plans for once she was back home. Plans that involved talking her grandpa into letting her go out on his boat, inviting her crew along (of course). Maybe her cousin and Juli too. Odds were she'd need some sort of chaperone, anyways. It was a short list, but the idea was there. It just needed to be put into effect.

For now, though, the blonde fourteen year old was just lounging at the edge of the lake, shoes and socks off with her feet in the water as she sang Hoist the Colors to herself. So far she hadn't managed to get any of the portraits to join her in her singalong, but maybe the squid would. At least, the weather was nice. Plans were always being made and adjusted, even without her trusty notebook.
Students in their right mind would want the summer to come sooner, and Enzo was definitely one of them. The term was a bit bland for his brain, however, he'd gone through his studies well enough since he was quite devoted to studying on his own. Were the students aware of the treasures hiding in the library? Clearly not, with the exception of Ravenclaws. No wonder the two houses got along so well.

Anyhow, during his free time, like today, he'd spent hours looking for that secret place his older brother talked about. Noah said that it too held treasures. What kind you might ask? Clearly not the scholarly kind, but something that leaned towards his... hobbies. Nevertheless, he was curious, and perhaps he could turn it into his own hideout. His Transfiguration skills were coming along well, after all.

His meandering about the grounds led him to the Black Lake and stopped in his tracks as soon as he heard singing. "Eurgh." He had the urge to turn around and go back to his aimless walking, but the excited vibe coming off of the Gryffindor had him approaching, sitting nearby, listening to her singing.

Was she plotting? "Ahoy, matey."

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:39 AM   #38 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Students in their right mind would want the summer to come sooner, and Enzo was definitely one of them. The term was a bit bland for his brain, however, he'd gone through his studies well enough since he was quite devoted to studying on his own. Were the students aware of the treasures hiding in the library? Clearly not, with the exception of Ravenclaws. No wonder the two houses got along so well.

Anyhow, during his free time, like today, he'd spent hours looking for that secret place his older brother talked about. Noah said that it too held treasures. What kind you might ask? Clearly not the scholarly kind, but something that leaned towards his... hobbies. Nevertheless, he was curious, and perhaps he could turn it into his own hideout. His Transfiguration skills were coming along well, after all.

His meandering about the grounds led him to the Black Lake and stopped in his tracks as soon as he heard singing. "Eurgh." He had the urge to turn around and go back to his aimless walking, but the excited vibe coming off of the Gryffindor had him approaching, sitting nearby, listening to her singing.

Was she plotting? "Ahoy, matey."
In fact, the Gryffindor in question didn’t necessarily know about any treasures hidden in the library. At the very least, Sable Ileana had likely a much different definition of what entailed a treasure, had anyone bothered to ask her. Maybe the portraits, given her running campaign to get them to participate in a sort of call and response singalong situation. Actually, maybe it was the song that was the problem in that aspect, but the current selection was rather adored by the blonde. A sea shanty but also not.

One thing she absolutely could have been of use, had he asked, was in finding anything around the castle. She’d done enough exploration to know nearly every hidden corner. Except, she rather expected there were still secrets that the castle was holding back. There was plenty of time before seventh year to really decipher all the secrets. For now, though, it was the matter of convincing granddad to let her borrow his boat over the summer.

All she needed was someone older, hence the idea to ask her cousin. Her dad might work, too, if he didn’t have to work. Hence the singing to herself. It helped her think. So did the lake.

It took her a second to realize someone had sat near her, but the greeting got something of a double take. “Enzo!”, she responded brightly, nearly flinging herself his way but stopping herself at the last second. Maybe he didn’t like hugs. Plus, pirates didn’t fling themselves at people. Especially at the edge of a lake.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero