sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1373 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Evaxic , Svetlufy , Michailcgn , Svetlpuj , astrocat , Stevendalo

9 members
1364 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing)

St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing) Got a case of roleplay-itis and need to see the healer? Here at St. Mungo's you can roam around and flex your creative muscles.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-20-2022, 10:16 PM

Default Coming Home

Summary:
It was over 25 years ago that Helena Blackthorne, the only daughter of a rich, Pureblood family, eloped with a Muggle named Sam Hurst. She hasn't been seen or heard from since she sent her only child, Violet, home to live with her family sixteen years ago. Everyone assumed Helena was dead by now, until she turned up the summer of 2108 wandering in London with no memory of how she got there or who she was. Now the healers at St. Mungo's are trying to discover the cause of her amnesia, as her daughter Violet attempts to reforge a relationship with the mother she barely remembers.

Main Characters:
Helena Blackthorne Hurst (FearlessLeader19)
Violet Blackthorne, her daughter (MadAlice)
Kat Greer, a healer (Holmesian Feline)

Supporting Characters:
Ignatius Blackthorne, her father (MadAlice)
Horatio Blackthorne,her brother (MadAlice)
Jane Howard, her old school friend and Violet's ex-governess (MadAlice)

Other Characters:
William Black, another healer (Holmesian Feline)
(a few more may be added later as the plot progresses)

Scene 1: Helena's bedside in St. Mungo's Janus Thickey Ward; late August 2108
Violet Blackthorne, Helena Blackthorne Hurst, Kat Greer
Scene 2: Just outside Helena's hospital room door; late August 2108
Violet Blackthorne, Helena Blackthorne Hurst, Kat Greer
Scene 3: In and around Helena's hospital room door in St. Mungo's; September 2108
Ignatius Blackthorne, Helena Blackthorne Hurst, William Black
Scene 4: Helena's room in St. Mungo's; October 2108
Violet Blackthorne, Helena Blackthorne Hurst, Jane Howard
Scene 5: Helena's room in St. Mungo's; November 2108
Helena Blackthorne Hurst, Jane Howard, Violet Blackthorne
Old 01-29-2024, 12:21 AM   #51 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
“Can we discuss the matter with the Healers today then? I’d like to see it if I can take your potion as soon as I can.”
Jane smiled and nodded. She had been pretty certain that Helena would decide that way, but it was important that the decision be hers. When one has been through...whatever Helena had been through, Jane felt that the best way to help them back to themselves was to allow them a sense of self-direction, of having the power to choose what they will and won't do. Now that Helena had elected to take the elixir, Jane hoped that this would give her that added confidence that could give a little extra help.

"Good," Jane said aloud. "I'll find the Healers in charge of your treatment right away and discuss it with them. Though they may want to wait at least until tomorrow--I'll need to prepare a dose of the elixir and bring it back here, at least." Merlin, but all these Blackthornes were all so impatient!

Violet beamed and impulsively reached over and hugged her mother. "Oh, Mum, I'm so glad. You won't regret it, I'm sure." If this kept up, Violet P. Blackthorne was in danger of becoming an emotional sort of person.

Scene 5: Helena's bedside in St. Mungo's Janus Thickey Ward
Time: November 2108

As it turned out, it had taken nearly two weeks to clear the new treatment with all the Healers involved, plus get authorization for its use from the Ministry of Magic. But Jane had managed to get it through all the red tape and was back in her friend's hospital room with a small vial containing a bright, dark-green liquid. She had convinced Violet to stay away during the treatment itself. After nagging them to get Helena to take the elixir, now Violet had become nervous that it might actually cause some ill effects to her mother after all, and Jane did not want her here now. She was afraid her nervous energy and suppressed fears would affect Helena, and they didn't need that sort of thing. Besides, Jane was beyond impatient with her young friend--no one had ever had a bad side effect from this elixir to date, and there was no rational reason to think there would be one now.

Last edited by MadAlice; 01-29-2024 at 12:26 AM.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:24 AM   #52 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Jane was right all along; of course she was. Helena did feel a boost of confidence in her decision. It also made her feel as though her life was finally coming together. Though, there was a hint of disappointment when Helena learnt that she would have to wait until at least tomorrow. It was understandable, however, as Jane would have to get the potion in order. So Helena nodded gratefully. “I appreciate that, Jane.” And Violet did as well, she hoped?

Oh, it certainly seemed that her daughter did! Helena beamed and hugged the girl back. “I know I won’t.” The woman had a good feeling about the path she had just elected to take.

It had taken longer than expected to get the go-ahead to consume the potion. Helena half worried that approval would not have been granted to her but it was, and she was thrilled albeit a tad nervous. Helena was at the moment brushing her hair when Jane approached her. “Did you get approval?” she asked immediately, her heart thumping with a mixture of nerves and anticipation.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:44 PM   #53 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane smiled, glad that her friend seemed committed to the treatment now. [b]"Yes, I have," she said, "and they've given me permission to administer it to you." After checking the potion and the dosage and lecturing her on procedures for what Jane considered an unnecessarily long time.

She put down a small carpetbag that she carried and her cloak, then without haste or dawdling, opened the bag up and reached inside. She pulled out a small, rectangular box that was made of some thin wood and had a sliding lid. Jane slid the lid open and took out a small silk-wrapped bundle, then carefully unwound it and produced a crystal phial containing a dark-green liquid that seemed to have a spark of cold fire deep within it.

Jane held it up for Helena's inspection. "Here it is!" she said, with a touch of pride. After all, this elixir of the Lesser Stone was her very own invention and had helped any number of people after the Wizarding War with the Neo-Alliance, and Jane was somewhat proud of it.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Helena’s heart leapt.

She felt joy and slight anxiety. But her mind had been staunchly made up and she intended on following in through with her decision to take the Potion. “Wonderful!’’ She set her hairbrush down on the bedside table and watched with interest as Jane brought out the liquid. In her opinion, Jane had gone all out in protecting the Potion; not that Helena could blame her as it was the fruit of her friend’s hard work.

The woman leaned in closer to examine the contents of the phial. “I’m proud of you, that you were able to create something that can help so many.” She sat up straight again. “Do I have to take the entire phial? And this will be the only dose? And does Violet know that you’ve brought this to me?” Maybe her daughter wanted to be here at this moment? “Also, how long until I start remembering?”

Old 02-26-2024, 09:08 PM   #55 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
The woman leaned in closer to examine the contents of the phial. “I’m proud of you, that you were able to create something that can help so many.” She sat up straight again. “Do I have to take the entire phial? And this will be the only dose? And does Violet know that you’ve brought this to me?” Maybe her daughter wanted to be here at this moment? “Also, how long until I start remembering?”
Jane smiled at all of Helena's questions; they reminded her of the way her friend had been at school and it made her happy to see Helena's personality reasserting itself. "Yes, you drink the entire thing. It's actually said to be rather pleasant tasting," Jane answered. Rather like a mint liqueur, or so some of the patients had reported. Jane had not had occasion to drink her potion herself and did not imbibe liqueurs as a rule, so she couldn't say for sure. "And this will probably be the only dose, though that will be up to your Healers, of course. You should start feeling some of the effects fairly soon, although it may take a short while--a few hours, perhaps--for the full effects to manifest themselves. I can't say for sure what, if anything, you'll remember, but the potion does seem to improve the well-being and spirits of everyone who's taken it, so that's to the good. And Violet..." Jane had to pause again here, remembering her 'discussion' with that young lady (some might call it an argument, but Jane was used to her former pupil's stubborness by now).

"She wanted to be here, but I thought it might be better to wait a bit, to see how things went. She's nearby, though." In fact, Jane was pretty sure she was out in the visiting lounge trying to prevent her imperious grandfather, Helena's father, from barging in and interfering with things prematurely. "I can have her brought in here if you prefer it, though." Jane didn't want to push anything on Helena at this point; she felt enough had been done to her friend without her consent as it was.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:20 AM   #56 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

A pleasant tasting potion was important in Helena’s opinion. How else was one supposed to properly consume them if they had a nasty taste? She did not fancy herself choking nor gagging over any. “That all sounds promising,’’ Helena spoke up, her nervousness now beginning to dissipate at Jane’s reassurances. Now she was even more certain that she wanted to take the Potion. It was going to benefit all involved in her life.

Helena would not lie: some amount of disappointment reared its head when it was mentioned that Violet would not be with her during this crucial time. But she also did understand the wiseness behind Jane’s reasoning. “No, that’s fine.” She grinned impishly. “If she’s here, she’d be asking if I remember anything every minute or so. No, Jane. You did the right thing.”

A deep breath was taken.

“Okay,’’ Helena said, adjusting herself comfortably on her bed so that she was propped up against pillows. “I’m ready. Do the Healers need to oversee this?” Otherwise, she was going to have the potion now.

Old 03-13-2024, 10:43 PM   #57 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
“Okay,’’ Helena said, adjusting herself comfortably on her bed so that she was propped up against pillows. “I’m ready. Do the Healers need to oversee this?” Otherwise, she was going to have the potion now.
"No, there is a Healer on standby outside if we need them, but since this potion has already been in use for several years, they've allowed me to give it to you," Jane replied. They'd allowed it after checking and re-checking the potion for what had seemed to Jane to be an unnecessary number of times. Merlin, she was the one who made a number of the potions they used here! But Jane was calmly persistent and it had paid off. She was glad to see that Helena was finally ready to try to regain her memories.

"You can just take it at any time--though you might want to be sitting down; sometimes the sudden return of feelings or memories can be disorienting, but just for a few minutes." Jane put the lovely glass bottle with the dark green liquid into her friend's hand. "Whenever you're ready, dear."
Old 03-24-2024, 03:02 PM   #58 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Helena nodded; she was one hundred percent reassured and calm as the next phase loomed close now. That phase being consuming the potion, obviously. Propped up against the pillows, she certainly would say that she was ready. None of the reeling memories were going to catch her off guard. Helena collected the bottle with a firm grip.

“Cheers,’’ she said with a tiny grin. Helena uncorked the bottle then tipped the contents into her mouth, towards the back. It was her hope that the liquid would simply bypass her tongue for the most part - that way she could avoid any tastes. Her plan worked mostly and soon the bottle was being lowered. Eyes fixed on the wall ahead of her, Helena waited for something to happen.

Old Today, 10:11 PM   #59 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane watched Helena intently, interested as both a friend and a scientist. Hmmm, she'd downed that rather quickly--probably afraid it would taste bad, like so many potions and elixirs. Too bad, for Jane had been told by many that this particular elixir had a rather nice taste. But none of that really mattered--what mattered is whether or not it would help. Jane looked at Helena's face and deeply into her eyes, trying to see if she caught any glimmer of a reaction.

Through the small window at the top of the door, Violet's face could be seen peering in. Surely Jane did not think that the youngest Blackthorne clan member would pay attention to instructions, not on such an occasion as this! Violet had distracted her grandfather by setting him onto a hapless healer's assistant and had crept away while he was busy scolding the poor young man. Violet was full of anxiety and anticipation and she wanted to watch and be ready to rush into her mother's room at the very first sign of...well, of anything, really!