sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1286 users online including...
Stevendalo , Evaogz , FlixexNit , Bobbyeribloom , Gloriafaumb , KeithustFaurf , Thomasovknige , CharlessAvefs

9 members
1277 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2020, 10:57 AM

Default Staff Duel - Bernadette Grantham & Malachi Trent

Quote:
Bernadette Grantham
BanaBatGirl

Year: Second
House: Gryffindor
VS.

Quote:
Malachi Trent
DaniDiNardo

Experience: Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor

Welcome to your duel!

As this is just a reintroduction to the duelling club (a test run essentially) there will be no tournaments this go. A list of spells to use can be found HERE.

Headmaster Trent will be present to oversee the duels and will only interfere if the duel ends or any foul play or unsportsmanship-like behaviour is displayed.

Please remember to adhere to the Dueling Club rules, the DADA rules as well as the SS Site rules.

Good luck!

OOC: This duel must be completed by the 23rd of February by 11:59pm EST. You're required to make a minimum of 3 posts each in that time.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate in contacting me about them or posting them in the Dueling Club Rules thread. If you don't think you can post during that time or you don't think you can start/finish your duel, please let me know as soon as possible and we'll try and work something out.

Please note that you do NOT need to keep a note of any points used, gained or lost during this duel. Simply carry out the RPG process as normal.

Also remember to be as realistic as possible with your charrie's age and ability.

First person mentioned in the thread title is the first person to start off the duel.

Good luck!
Old 02-12-2020, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Bernadette gulped as she entered the duelling arena, clutching her wand in her hand. She had been practicing and practicing, and had even learned a few new spells, but was still absolutely terrified of failing in front of THE Headmaster himself. Why had she signed up for this again?!

"Hello, sir," she greeted the Headmaster, then waited for him to say or do something.... she supposed she would bow when he did?!

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 02-12-2020, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

He’d taken his own break before the students regrouped to begin the duels but had taken care about not getting a snack. No need to go falling asleep while he was meant to be officiating and if he ended up losing to a second year, he’d rather it be her skill than his post food contentment.

So here he was, refreshed and ready for his own duel after getting a few others out of the way. The Headmaster took his spot across the stage from the Gryffindor and waited patiently...almost reminiscent of the way the dummies all term had waited, expecting something.

Benevolent and caring Headmaster like he was, he’d wait for her to begin the bow. Trent wanted her to believe that for even a second, she’d been in charge and had the upper hand. The bow seemed the best place to make that possible.

He inclined his head toward hers at her greeting, amicable enough but a “hello” would not be enough to begin the duel.

Time to act while they ball is still in your court Grantham.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Oh Merlin, he was doing that thing again, that silent, patient waiting thing like he'd done oh so long ago last week in his office when Bernie had turned in her 50 inch essay. The second year swallowed her fear again, nervously sticking her hands in her pockets so she could wipe her sweaty palms on the inside of her robes. She smiled at the Headmaster, still rather terrified that he was going to get some kind of revenge on her with a spell she didn't even KNOW, and gripped her wand so that she was prepared for whenever this thing would finally start.

Suppose she had to bow first, eh?

Quickly bowing her head to start the duel, Bernie whipped out her wand and began casting the shield charm on herself, saying, "Protego," in a low but confident murmur. She was sure she could, at the very least, prevent any spells from reaching the air in her immediate vicinity.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 02-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

On cue, Malachi bent at a 45 degree angle, pleased she'd remembered that that was essential to beginning the duel but unlike her, the Headmaster wasn't quite so jittery when he straightened. If nothing, there was the unmistakable, amused smirk he wore from time to time during his lessons--and that was the whole thing. Being Defense Professor, he'd seen them train. He'd seen their moves. He'd watched how everyone of them handled themselves when pressed.

Perhaps, in future, he would have to exclude himself from duels for that very reason. Thinking about it, it may have been a tad unfair. BUT, in this case, with someone so willing to blow holes in his arena, he supposed he could make the example exception.

Trent's hands remained by his side...though it shouldn't have been mistaken for complacency. The man was still very much watching every twitch the Second Year made. To be disarmed for his own arrogance wasn't something he was working toward.

"Do you plan to shield up for the entire duel or will we get into it at some point?" Taunting a Gryffindor? Only a little. It was fair, he'd himself been a Gryffindor. But, as if to answer his own question, the man raised his own wand and very coolly uttered the incantation. "Bombarda." He'd seen her shields. He knew they cracked if you hit them hard enough and he would keep doing so for as long as she insisted on shielding.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 02-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Mhmm.............. why was the headmaster-professor smiling like that? He knew he was going to beat her already???????!

Bernadette eyed the smirking man with some suspicion, meanwhile doing everything she could to maintain her shield charm. OF COURSE the first spell he'd use on her would be ah, one of her best and most memorable spells. Bombarda. The irony. Clearly he hadn't forgotten the duelling arena incident, hmm?

"I don't want to hurt you, sir," she piped up, quickly casting the ears-to-kumquats spell toward him at the end of her speech. "You are still my most favourite professor." Even IF he beat her in this duel, he'd still be her favourite. She quickly cast the shield charm again as a precaution for whatever he was going to retaliate with???

Old 02-15-2020, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Forever the professional like he was, Malachi refrained from the snicker that threatened to bubble up from his throat. She didn't want to hurt him. Sometimes Rainbow Truffles was still adorable. Growing, for certain. Somehow more impulsive, but sometimes there was still a sneak peak at the endearing.

And misguided.

To make a point of it, the Headmaster did allow his ears to become kumquats, if only to lessen any fears that any spells she'd learned in her first and second years were enough to cause tremendous damage. Inconvenient, certainly but nothing he'd hold against her. This was, afterall, a duel.

Malachi point to his ears even as her shield went back up. "I can't hear but I'm fine. No harm done. Even more, I don't need to hear so long as I can still see that shield." Offering a free hint, strategy she could keep in mind. But for now, he ended the kumquats. That done, he cast two fold, "Fumos." To envelope the stage area in thick smoke. Then a bubblehead charm as he stood still....listening.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

OMG!!!!! She'd got a hit in on the Headmaster-Professor!!!! His ears were now kumquats!!! Bernie nearly doubled over with laughter at the sight of him. She LOVED this spell. And he couldn't hear her laughter, but could probably see that she was laughing... until, of course, smoke started to fill the room....

Bernie straightened up, nervously maintaining her shield, and wondering what to cast next. The Headmaster had seemed awfully focused on her shield, no? Hmmmmm. Bernie took in all the smoke and let out a small cough, then another as an idea took root in her mind.

"COUGH C-COUGH CCCough COUGH--expelliarmus!--COUGH COUGH COUGH." Bernie choked out a spell in between her coughs, feeling quite confident and proud of her ingenuity here.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

There she was.

In truth, her first cough had been her undoing. It was all he'd been waiting on, noise to pinpoint her location in this thick smoke. So she hadn't moved then. Good. "Bombarda." Malachi sent another blast at her, trusting she was still hiding behind her shield and wouldn't suffer the blow.

The thing about the smoke? It made light from spells a bit more noticeable.

Through the smoke, Malachi could see a burst of light heading toward in in the relative dark and moved to side step it. Before continuing, he cast a featherlight charm on himself to reduce the sound of his foot falls as he began to move about the stage. Would she cough again to give him a better idea of his bearings?

Old 02-16-2020, 01:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Bernie didn't hear, or see, the Headmaster drop his wand, so she was assuming that one had missed him... truth be told, she wasn't sure where he was until she heard--- and saw, and felt, the bombarda destroy her shield. Darnit, he was still mad.

Muttering a few choice words, Bernie took a risk in scuttling closer toward where the headmaster's spell had come, wondering if he was doing the same sneaky thing??? She bravely cast another spell his way: "Muffliato!" So even if it didn't quite hit him, it would at least make the environment noisy so she could continue sneaking around? Right??

In the meanwhile... Bernie had been dying to try her next spell out, and thought the smoky environment would make a fun place for the Headmaster to stumble across a snake. "Serpensortia," she cast, then took off in the opposite direction from where the snake popped out and started slithering.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

The sudden murmuring told him it was time to remove the smoke. Sure, he could've simply--and nonverbally to keep up the ruse--removed the muffliato, he was trying to level the playing field a little for her.

Malachi vanished the smoke and caught Grantham mid-run from, oh, a snake. Very well then. A snake it was. That was fine...though possibly not for her. Rather than train his wand on the second year, the Headmaster turned his wand to the snake headed his way. "Oppugno." Perfectly verbal, perfectly fair. She could hear it and be prepared.

But now she would have to deal with a charging snake and an attacking Headmaster at the same time. Shouldn't have brought extra people to the fight.

Speaking off, now he turned his wand to her. "Incarceous."

Which would she choose to take care of first?

While he waited to see, he did finally end that insidious muttering in his ear. It was distracting and honestly annoying, like teaching a lesson and having a group of students chattering incessantly annoying. The kind of annoying he gave detentions for.

No thanks, he'd had enough.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Oh no, they were two too many things coming her way. As soon as the Headmaster spoke, Bernie cast a shield charm on herself, because she knew whatever he was planning on doing (trying to tie her up? Sending the snake her way?!) couldn't be good. And now she could see him, and the direction his spells were coming, so her aim for her own spells was renewed.

The ropes bounced off her shield but the snake seemed undeterred in its attacks, causing Bernie to hesitate and decide to cast, "Immboulus!" on the stupid thing. Why didn't Snakes do as they were told, huh? That was definitely a Slytherin trait as well.

Now, back to the Headmaster, who was probably up to something nefarious whilst Bernie was distracted. She quietly cast the babbling curse his way, but maintained her shield in case of retaliation.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Ah, so she truly would spend the majority of the duel with a shield up. It was something he would have to sort out if he wanted to have any hope of disarming her and the next spell she sent his way was the perfect cover for it.

Rather than shielding himself, Malachi allowed the babbling. Why? Because it obviously left the Headmaster so harmless and unable to duel. Whatever would he do without being able to form coherent incantations? However would the duel continue now that Grantham couldn't hear which spells he was sending her way?

They would just have to find out.

Knowing speaking wasn't an option, Malachi remained silent but his wand didn't need words. All she'd done was rob herself of the chance to know what was coming, unless she paid special attention to each wand movement he now did from across the room and only if he slowed with them.

Silently, the Headmaster sent a series of spells in her direction, each a "bombarda maxima", five in quick, non-verbal succession. But not before casting a sticking charm about the floor. If she ran, it would get her. The purpose was clear, though possibly not obvious until the moment they would hit. He would break that shield and this time, he would attempt to ensure she didn't have the time to cast more.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Bernie had heard a rumor that some adult wizards could do magic without saying any part of the incantation aloud, but she hadn't really paid attention to it until today. When the Headmaster wordlessly sent five shield spells her way, she screeched in alarm and did everything she could just to maintain her protego! protego! PROTEGO! PROTEGO! shield, that is.

Of course, she ran out of shield after the fourth blast, and felt the sizzle of the spell hit her arm. The shield spell had helped a little, at least, but it still stung. "Ouchhh," the second year muttered, rubbing her stinging wand arm with her left hand. It felt like a rug burn, which she hadn't had in years since she wasn't a little kid who rolled around on carpet anymore.

Bernie glared at the Headmaster and moved to turn away from him in a pout, but found herself unable to go anywhere; it was like her feet were stuck in place. "What dumb nonsense is this?" she said LOUDLY, casting finite to her feet so she could stalk off in all her Gryffindor glory. "Why don't you want me to use the shield charm, sir? It's what you taught us."

Was she getting sassy? Maybe a little. But she also wanted him to say SOMETHING in full-on babble so she could see if her spell had worked or not. In the meanwhile... "Expelliarmus! EXPELLIARMUS! EX-PELL-I-ARM-US!" She could do what he did and just send spell after spell his way, even though she wasn't able to do so very sneakily. "Everte Statum!!!!!!"

Old 02-21-2020, 10:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Why didn't he want her casting a whole bunch of shield charms? It should have been obvious, even without him giving an answer. In fact, there were a few obvious answers he could've given--y'know, if his tongue wasn't otherwise in danger of babbling away incoherently. No use responding when she wouldn't be able to undersatand.

Remove the charm you say?

But then he may be inclined to return to verbal spells and those were far less useful against someone so keen to continue shielding like it was the only spell he'd ever taught her. It was a disappointing display, to say the least. If all she did was hide behind a shield, she was much less likely to be showing off her repertoire. He wanted to see. He wanted to know that her spellwork was coming along well.

He preferred the times when she showed tact and her magical prowess.

To demonstrate as much, Malachi silently cast a protego maxima.

The Headmaster stood behind the shield watching it absorb each round of "expelliarmus" the young girl had attempted. Even after the last, it remained firm and impassable. And there he waited...and waited....and waited.

She would get the picture soon enough.

Old 02-22-2020, 04:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

"Headmaster??? Sir???" Bernie was acting very innocent and confused now. "Can't you answer, sir? Are you mad at me, sir??? You're still going to duel me, aren't you, sirrrrrr??????"

She watched as NONE OF HER SPELLS worked on him, and gritted her teeth and shoulders doggedly. "Finite!" she cast, not sure if that worked against shield charms. And if it didn't, she quickly followed it with, "Bombarda Maxima!" And then had a thought... she'd just do what he did earlier, right?

"Bombarda Maxima! Bombarda Maxima! Expelliarmus!"

Old 02-23-2020, 04:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"Headmaster??? Sir???" Bernie was acting very innocent and confused now. "Can't you answer, sir? Are you mad at me, sir??? You're still going to duel me, aren't you, sirrrrrr??????"

She watched as NONE OF HER SPELLS worked on him, and gritted her teeth and shoulders doggedly. "Finite!" she cast, not sure if that worked against shield charms. And if it didn't, she quickly followed it with, "Bombarda Maxima!" And then had a thought... she'd just do what he did earlier, right?

"Bombarda Maxima! Bombarda Maxima! Expelliarmus!"
That first stunt right there...told him he would need to review shield charms with his students when this was all over. They repelled magic. Finite...was magic....

2 + 2 = 4, Grantham.

He smiled mildly at her question though, not at all inclined to break her own spell on himself and go back to giving away his position. It was after the second in her line of spells that he realized she was beginning to catch on and copy. It was...good? Good. Decidedly good. She was no longer merely hiding behind shields.

As it so happened, neither was he. The second bombarda maxima had seen to the shattering of the shield, as he suspected it would, but by then he'd already non-verbally cast Loricatus in time to deflect the disarming charm.

His next spell, it was mostly a distraction. One unlikely to be blocked by a shield. One that would give him extra time. Again, without words and thus without warning, he cast Lumos Solem, being sure to cover his own eyes as the light burst from his wand. Now it was time for him to take a cue from her. Hopefully having dazed or distracted her with such bright light, Malachi cast a silencing charm in her direction. Can't say spells without a voice.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Lmao but she's not in Ravenclaw for a reason

Oh heavens, what in the blazes was that light for?! Bernie nearly dropped her wand in her rush to cover her eyes, and as it was, abruptly spun away from the Headmaster and his bright light so she wouldn't be blinded. His silencing spell narrowly missed her, as she moved further away from him, and announced, "I'm not giving up yet, sir! EXPELLIARMUS!"