sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1088 users online including...
Svetlmnv , Kimothy , natethegreat , duerieple

6 members
1082 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 12:19 PM

Default Stone Bridge

You will find at the end of the corridor on the first floor is a door that will reveal the Stone Bridge when opened. While it may seem like an odd place for a bridge, do note that it provides easy access to the next tower nearby and makes moving around the castle significantly easier. One will need to use this structure to get to Defence Against the Dark Arts, unless, of course, you are departing from there and need to get to the moving staircases.

It is not uncommon for this bridge to be a meeting place for students because of its prime location in between towers. It also provides a nice view of the viaduct and part of the lake down below. During the fall and spring seasons, this small bridge is a pleasant place to pause for a bit of fresh air before heading back indoors to fill your brain with more information. Though it is is a different matter entirely when it is winter, which is why you will be advised to wear your thicker robes and a scarf when trekking across this bridge in spite of the torches that are lit along the way.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Evaaa <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

No, Claudine wasn’t scheduled for any Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson for the remainder of the day. It was lunchtime but she had finished eating earlier than normal and had wanted to escape the crowded Great Hall. Plus, this Bridge held one spectacular view to anyone who stood there. She ignored anyone else who milled around, she stared down at the partial Lake. She was too far up to see a clear picture of her reflection but she certainly could see that clear, blue sky’s.

It was indeed a perfect day. Did she really have to go back to classes this afternoon?

Claudine imagined that her Head of House or perhaps the Slytherin House prefects would want to have a strong talk with her if it was brought to her attention that she skipped lessons. Then again… would she really care?

No.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-17-2020, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
No, Claudine wasn’t scheduled for any Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson for the remainder of the day. It was lunchtime but she had finished eating earlier than normal and had wanted to escape the crowded Great Hall. Plus, this Bridge held one spectacular view to anyone who stood there. She ignored anyone else who milled around, she stared down at the partial Lake. She was too far up to see a clear picture of her reflection but she certainly could see that clear, blue sky’s.
It was indeed a perfect day. Did she really have to go back to classes this afternoon?
Claudine imagined that her Head of House or perhaps the Slytherin House prefects would want to have a strong talk with her if it was brought to her attention that she skipped lessons. Then again… would she really care?
No.
Cole had finished lunch and didn’t have a class yet for a few hours. He should go back to the common room and study like any good OWL year student did including most of his friends. However he wasn’t in the mood at all today. He needed some fresh air and some peace and quiet to clear his head. He left the great hall and took the route out towards the stone bridge on the first floor, incidentally one of Cole’s favourite places at Hogwarts. It gave a spectacular view of the landscape and usually it wasn’t so crowded.

Coming out on the stone bridge Cole noted that among a few others Claudine was there, staring down at the lake or something like it. Debating with himself for a few moments he eventually walked over quietly to stand next to Claudine, resting his arms on the bridge railing. "The view is always nice here, don’t you think?"
Old 01-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Cole! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Cole had finished lunch and didn’t have a class yet for a few hours. He should go back to the common room and study like any good OWL year student did including most of his friends. However he wasn’t in the mood at all today. He needed some fresh air and some peace and quiet to clear his head. He left the great hall and took the route out towards the stone bridge on the first floor, incidentally one of Cole’s favourite places at Hogwarts. It gave a spectacular view of the landscape and usually it wasn’t so crowded.

Coming out on the stone bridge Cole noted that among a few others Claudine was there, staring down at the lake or something like it. Debating with himself for a few moments he eventually walked over quietly to stand next to Claudine, resting his arms on the bridge railing. "The view is always nice here, don’t you think?"

Claudine was very much enjoying the view of the sky reflected in the Lake below. Especially when a flock of birds flew over or an oddly shaped cloud moved across the sky. It would make for a good sketch, she decided. One day, when she was free of much homework, she would bring her sketchpad to work on the drawing.

Instinctively, she became aware of someone beside her and she shifted her eyes without turning her head in time to see arms resting on the rail. Maybe, just maybe, the person wouldn’t speak to her… but no. Claudine deflated in disappointment. “I agree,’’ she said quietly, looking back quickly down below and then up at Cole’s face. “I’ve never taken much notice of it before until today,’’ came the admittance. But now that she had, she didn’t think that she would be able to walk over this bridge without pausing to admire the scenery ever again.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:

Instinctively, she became aware of someone beside her and she shifted her eyes without turning her head in time to see arms resting on the rail. Maybe, just maybe, the person wouldn’t speak to her… but no. Claudine deflated in disappointment. “I agree,’’ she said quietly, looking back quickly down below and then up at Cole’s face. “I’ve never taken much notice of it before until today,’’ came the admittance. But now that she had, she didn’t think that she would be able to walk over this bridge without pausing to admire the scenery ever again.
Oops, had he spoiled Claudine's moment of solitude? It was hard to steal time for yourself alone without anyone barging in, in this very crowded castle. Cole knew that too. He managed to get away sometimes with his sketchbook, a book or just to wander in his own thoughts but it didn't happen very often. Eyes glanced down at the lake far down below where the giant squid came up to the surface for some sun and he couldn't but smile at the image.

Gesturing down he asked with sideways glance at Claudine. "Hi Claudine, have you ever talked to the giant squid?" Fearing that she might feel barged in on he added "Sorry if i intruded in your me time. I just thought you looked a little like you needed some company so i came over." He could go away if she didn't want him there.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Default Open (different plot, I'd guess)
Stay Free

Austin found himself at the stone bridge. He watched over and started throwing small rocks over the bridge.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Oops, had he spoiled Claudine's moment of solitude? It was hard to steal time for yourself alone without anyone barging in, in this very crowded castle. Cole knew that too. He managed to get away sometimes with his sketchbook, a book or just to wander in his own thoughts but it didn't happen very often. Eyes glanced down at the lake far down below where the giant squid came up to the surface for some sun and he couldn't but smile at the image.

Gesturing down he asked with sideways glance at Claudine. "Hi Claudine, have you ever talked to the giant squid?" Fearing that she might feel barged in on he added "Sorry if i intruded in your me time. I just thought you looked a little like you needed some company so i came over." He could go away if she didn't want him there.

The Giant Squid? Claudine could say honestly that she had never spoken to the Squid though she had heard tales from her family about Bartholomew Winslow. “I’ve only seen him sunbathing at a distance.’’ Then curiosity got the best of her. “Have you ever spoken to him?’’ she asked, turning slightly to face Cole. What caught her off guard was his apology. Claudine knew that she always displayed aloofness and even coldness at times and further knew that it was enough to keep others away from her. Cole probably had already picked up that vibe since they had first met last year. “It’s alright. It’s just easy to get lost in my own thoughts.’’

Claudine peered down over the bridge again. “I was thinking that the sky reflecting in the water would make a very photogenic sketch.’’ She didn’t really expect Cole to understand; only fellow artists would. Now she wished that she had brought her sketchpad and coloured pencils.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:

The Giant Squid? Claudine could say honestly that she had never spoken to the Squid though she had heard tales from her family about Bartholomew Winslow. “I’ve only seen him sunbathing at a distance.’’ Then curiosity got the best of her. “Have you ever spoken to him?’’ she asked, turning slightly to face Cole. What caught her off guard was his apology. Claudine knew that she always displayed aloofness and even coldness at times and further knew that it was enough to keep others away from her. Cole probably had already picked up that vibe since they had first met last year. “It’s alright. It’s just easy to get lost in my own thoughts.’’

Claudine peered down over the bridge again. “I was thinking that the sky reflecting in the water would make a very photogenic sketch.’’ She didn’t really expect Cole to understand; only fellow artists would. Now she wished that she had brought her sketchpad and coloured pencils.
Bartholomew Winslow aka the Giant Squid was a special creature that Cole dearly hoped that he could get to talk to face to face before he graduated from. Shaking his head he responded to Claudine with a sideways eager look. "No I haven't talked to the squid, but I really, really want to. My dad has said that he is super cool." Looking down at the lake far below, Cole was dissapointed to not see anymore sign of the squid. "I've heard that the squid is a bid fan of sun bathing too. It's a pity that we are going into winter. I wonder if he goes into hibernation when the lake get's covered in ice." Like many muggle creatures did but did that apply to magical ones too?

Cole relaxed a little when Claudine said that she didn't mind the company. He respected her wish for privacy but sometimes it meant she came off as aloof and cold and that was not good for forming friendships with anyone. Eyes drawn down to the lake and how the sun reflected in the water he said thoughtfully. "It could be a cool sketch, yes but i'm more into sketching creatures in the moment like when the squid broke the water. I've got my sketchbook with me if you want to borrow a page?"
Old 02-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Bartholomew Winslow aka the Giant Squid was a special creature that Cole dearly hoped that he could get to talk to face to face before he graduated from. Shaking his head he responded to Claudine with a sideways eager look. "No I haven't talked to the squid, but I really, really want to. My dad has said that he is super cool." Looking down at the lake far below, Cole was dissapointed to not see anymore sign of the squid. "I've heard that the squid is a bid fan of sun bathing too. It's a pity that we are going into winter. I wonder if he goes into hibernation when the lake get's covered in ice." Like many muggle creatures did but did that apply to magical ones too?

Cole relaxed a little when Claudine said that she didn't mind the company. He respected her wish for privacy but sometimes it meant she came off as aloof and cold and that was not good for forming friendships with anyone. Eyes drawn down to the lake and how the sun reflected in the water he said thoughtfully. "It could be a cool sketch, yes but i'm more into sketching creatures in the moment like when the squid broke the water. I've got my sketchbook with me if you want to borrow a page?"

Claudine caught the eager look on Cole’s face and was quick to deduce that the Giant Squid was a big, exciting topic for him. Now, as much as she was introverted and sometimes didn’t care for people and their opinions, Claudine didn’t always go around squashing their excitement for things so she did not hesitate with carrying on the conversation on this particular topic. “I’ve heard that he is too. Can you believe he’s been around for decades? Imagine living that long…’’ Bartholomew must have quite a bit of intriguing stories to tell. “I think he would have to. If the Lake’s frozen, there’s not much he can do. He probably has a cave he sleeps in.’’

Now it was the Snakette’s turn to look excited. Her body language said that very much loudly for she turned herself to completely face Cole. “You sketch?’’ she whispered, too surprised to speak normally. Her eyes, which rarely betrayed her emotions, shone. And she was seeing Cole in a whole new light. Suddenly, he was a million more times interesting. The girl cleared her throat. “May I see your sketches?’’