sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1189 users online including...
Anthonydyday , Svetligg , Stevendalo

5 members
1184 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-04-2018, 12:54 PM

Default Battlements

High above overlooking the lake and a section of the grounds are the castle battlements. During the Battle of Hogwarts, the battlements where used to defend the school from Lord Voldemort and his allies. This is also where Sirius Black rode away on Buckbeak the hippogriff, but keep that hush hush. Though some damage remains, the battlements remain fairly intact and provide an opportune place to be when an enemy is approaching.

Though there hasn't been a full-blown battle at Hogwarts for many years, the battlements nonetheless provide a nice view from a high vantage point. More often than not, the Giant Squid can be seen bathing himself in the sunlight; thestrals (if you can see them) fly above the trees at the edge of the lake; and if you look closely you'll be able to follow the road that leads to the Entrance Gates. If you're feeling up to climbing the tight spiral staircase to get there, know that it is worth the effort. There are wooden crates and barrels for you to sit on at the top should you need to catch your breath.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia giggled. "Many different personalities all waiting for their turn to shine in the spotlight." This sounded AH-MA-ZING!!! Getting to be whoever she wanted to be without any limitations whatsoever was the very best thing about being able to use ones own imagination. All she had to do was let her own creativity flow. "I can whoever I want to be. Maybe I'll be an intergalactic warrior unicorn or something." Yup, totally making things up now but she was having fun doing it.

All Lia really could do was shrug. She didn't know what went through the professors heads or why they wore what they did. Honestly, she didn't really care. She wasn't the one wearing it, so why should it matter to her? Okay, maybe that was a little rude but she wasn't meaning to be. Opinions were just that. Opinions. Everyone liked to express themselves and if anything, Schmoe was a memorable man and a likable one. "Maybe that was his intention."
Hehe. An intergalactic unicorn sounded EPIC. Her eyes widened as wide as saucers as she watched the older Ravenclaw literally transform into a kick fighting, awesome intergalactic unicorn. Hooves were the colour of the deepest blue found in space with sparkly lights- the stars outlining said hooves. The horse’s coat was a majestic mother of pearl colour- almost too perfect to be mother of pearl. And the name was glorious. The colour of the Milky Way… “Wow. I can picture just how magnificent you’d be!” she giggled. “What colour would your mane be? Milky Way blue and purple or bubblegum pink?

Lisa followed suit and also shrugged. “Perhaps…. I should ask him.” She nodded, determined to ask him. “What time is he usually in the office? Mornings? Afternoons? And does one bring gifts with them to the office or is that considered …. being bribery or worse a teacher’s PET!

She was all for the bribery. The idea of being the teacher’s pet? Hard pass.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:28 AM   #27 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

SPOILER!!: a hungry lad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
So...the blush and general flustered nature was obvious?

Atlas forever found himself confused and not in the same way that you discovered that there was both pink watermelon and golden watermelon. Or like finding out that a pickle was actually a cucumber. Sometimes Nemesis Upstead felt more like...eating a spoonful of Tabasco sauce and it being painful and uncomfortable and you swore you would never do it again...but then you kind of like the sensations because they were new and almost exclusive to that spoonful. And you didn't mind the taste so much either.

...was it also obvious that the Gryffindor may be a little hungry?

Now that the second year was done being starstruck over being shocked that the older Slytherin knew his name (and not know if it was good or bad that Nemesis knew who he was)....Atlas had his attention fixated on the little metal matchsticks. "OH! Like magnetic building sticks! Dad got me a set of those for my birthday when I was five. I made all kinds of things with them. Shapes first...but I branched out quickly once I understood geometric shapes better and how to break down all forms into their most basic shapes to do that. I still got mine in my trunk here at Hogwarts too. Always used my sets to kind of make blueprints for my robotics competitions too. See how shapes fit together before doing the real hard construction." He was rambling and talking too much...and obviously those were not JUST like magnetic building sticks because, well, he just assumed they were not. "Except...I don't think yours are magnetic..." He paused again, biting his lip and shuffling his fit a bit. "If...you can do it just in your hand..." Which he was assuming. "...are you commanding them nonverbally AND wandlessly?"

"Kind of, yeah." Nem had never owned the kind of thing Flamsteed spoke of, mostly because even at that same age they'd never been particularly interested in activities outside of a very narrow scope, or that didn't have a clearly useful and beneficial end result. The list of hobbies had come later.

Ever the picture of patience, Nem sat by and watched as Flamsteed spoke; quiet and still, for the most part, though the chill was seeping through the gaps in their layers and right down to their bones. They shook their head to indicate he was right in his 'not magnetic' assessment, then smiled, shook their head again, and became slightly economical with the truth. "I can do non-verbals, but wandless magic... the way they teach here, it kind of makes you dependent on using a wand. Maybe one day." Speaking of which, not to agree with their dramatic half-brother or anything, but wands did sometimes seem more like a tool to limit magical people than to enhance them. Revealing too.

Nem held out their hand again, showing Flamsteed the new structure, now the Colosseum in miniature. "It's a wandless command, but not really wandless magic. See, it's all in the original enchantment; it picks up on what I'm thinking, a bit like those charms that alter the subject according to the mood or atmosphere in a room. I just had to tailor it specifically to me, and then it's metal-charming, of course, plus enchanting each piece to work together with the others. Fairly complex. It was fun to figure out." They made a point not to dumb anything down with Flamsteed just because the kid was twelve - he wasn't at the same level of wits as some of his peers, at least - nor belittle him. Nem spoke more as though they considered him an intellectual equal, letting him 'in' on the 'details' - which weren't untrue.

"You said you did robotics competitions." The matchsticks started rearranging themselves into a new shape, another building. "D'you still get to do those?"

You are Chocolate!
Old 06-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Hehe. An intergalactic unicorn sounded EPIC. Her eyes widened as wide as saucers as she watched the older Ravenclaw literally transform into a kick fighting, awesome intergalactic unicorn. Hooves were the colour of the deepest blue found in space with sparkly lights- the stars outlining said hooves. The horse’s coat was a majestic mother of pearl colour- almost too perfect to be mother of pearl. And the name was glorious. The colour of the Milky Way… “Wow. I can picture just how magnificent you’d be!” she giggled. “What colour would your mane be? Milky Way blue and purple or bubblegum pink?

Lisa followed suit and also shrugged. “Perhaps…. I should ask him.” She nodded, determined to ask him. “What time is he usually in the office? Mornings? Afternoons? And does one bring gifts with them to the office or is that considered …. being bribery or worse a teacher’s PET!

She was all for the bribery. The idea of being the teacher’s pet? Hard pass.
Okay. So here's the thing. She had been joking. Messing around. Going along with the flow and having fun with it. Yet when Lisa said that she could envision it in her head already and asked about the color of her mane, Lia paused. Closing her eyes she allowed herself to fully envision it in her own head. Blues, purples and pinks. "All three but the most perfect balance of all three." No one color could over shade any of the others. But wait. What if.. she had.. WINGS?! Like a DRAGON! Cause she loved dragons too. She might have to draw this and see what she came up with.

Ask him? "I suppose that you could if you're that curious." Asking was the only sure fire way to find out what you wanted to know after all. As for when he was in his office.. well.. "Umm.. I'm not entirely sure but you can always just pop by first thing after breakfast maybe? No," Lia giggled, shaking her head. "You don't have to bring him anything." She never did. Maybe she should?! Was it bad that she never had?

You are Bread!

Last edited by Kolyander; 06-16-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:20 AM   #29 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: don't expose him like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post

"Kind of, yeah." Nem had never owned the kind of thing Flamsteed spoke of, mostly because even at that same age they'd never been particularly interested in activities outside of a very narrow scope, or that didn't have a clearly useful and beneficial end result. The list of hobbies had come later.

Ever the picture of patience, Nem sat by and watched as Flamsteed spoke; quiet and still, for the most part, though the chill was seeping through the gaps in their layers and right down to their bones. They shook their head to indicate he was right in his 'not magnetic' assessment, then smiled, shook their head again, and became slightly economical with the truth. "I can do non-verbals, but wandless magic... the way they teach here, it kind of makes you dependent on using a wand. Maybe one day." Speaking of which, not to agree with their dramatic half-brother or anything, but wands did sometimes seem more like a tool to limit magical people than to enhance them. Revealing too.

Nem held out their hand again, showing Flamsteed the new structure, now the Colosseum in miniature. "It's a wandless command, but not really wandless magic. See, it's all in the original enchantment; it picks up on what I'm thinking, a bit like those charms that alter the subject according to the mood or atmosphere in a room. I just had to tailor it specifically to me, and then it's metal-charming, of course, plus enchanting each piece to work together with the others. Fairly complex. It was fun to figure out." They made a point not to dumb anything down with Flamsteed just because the kid was twelve - he wasn't at the same level of wits as some of his peers, at least - nor belittle him. Nem spoke more as though they considered him an intellectual equal, letting him 'in' on the 'details' - which weren't untrue.

"You said you did robotics competitions." The matchsticks started rearranging themselves into a new shape, another building. "D'you still get to do those?"

For a split second Atlas immediately regretted mentioning the muggle toy. He WAS talking to someone who had sided with the Neo Alliance for the majority of last term, after all. Though once his initial shitake mushroom moment passed...he began to question that knee jerk reaction. HAD Nemesis Upstead given him any real indication that their beliefs were truly aligned with The Hoods™ and their leader. A lot of people had said a lot of things they may not have believed in, for survival, and the Gryffindor had been one of those himself. The Slytherin was back at Hogwarts and that alone was an indication of things, wasn't it? Whether it was true or whether...he simply wanted it to be true, Atlas quickly pushed the thought aside so he could give the older Slytherin his undivided attention.

"That's sort of interesting to think about," he half interrupted on the topic of wandless magic. "Considering it is wandlessly AND often nonverbally that we are all revealed to the world as witches and wizards...but then we gotta use a wand and getting that wand is this huge rite of passage." What would it look like if the direction of education WERE different. "Does that mean other schools teach it different? You said here so..."

Atlas was stepping forward now, eyes wide with wonder as he gazed upon the little structure in Nemesis' hands. Nemesis had...nice looking hands...by the way. The lines in them were so...line-like. "Wait...you mean they won't work for anyone else but you? So if I were to hold them...they would just collapse and seem to behave as though there was no enchantment on them at all? Or did you put in a sort of defense mechanism so no one could try and steal them from you? Like an older brother who just can't seem to leave your things along." His finger was pointing again, by the way, pointing at the little structure and he really wanted to touch and poke it. If this had been anyone else...it was very likely that he would have just gone through with the urge and poked it. But this was Nemesis Upstead and he felt like any interactions here was much more likely to be like the Stanford marshmallow experiment. "Metal charming is SO cool. Mum is ace at it...and so is my uncle. They've taught me some of the basics, the theory behind it, and sometimes my uncle will let me go through his scrap piles to help him make things. He does all the work and I just observe and he can take just the most random and seemingly unnecessary pieces and create amazing things with them." He was talking WAY too much but he just...couldn't quite bring himself to stop. "When you add new pieces...or if you add them...do you have to recharm all the previous pieces to accept the new piece or do you have the enchantments down pat where you can just apply it to the new piece?"

Atlas blushed as the taller blonde showed an interest in him and his skills. "I hadn't for...a couple of years, but I get to do it again now that dad is back..." Realizes that this probably does not make sense to Nemesis, even if he hadn't been exactly quire about things last term. "I got pulled from all of it because of...well...they took our dad too...but I started officially when I was seven. I mean...actually doing, with my hands on my own. Before it was reading and working with my uncle on things. Sometimes dad. Without magic. For now."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 08-02-2021, 03:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Default For Daniel
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash was going on a walk today. For the fresh air and stuff. Yes, she was fine. Walking was not solely for miserable people, you know. She wasn't taking one of those movie walks where the main character walks along and then dies. Or one of those walks where they meet a total stranger and fall in love. Or any other sort of walk that was important. She wasn't even crying bittersweetly in the rain(it wasn't raining). She was taking a walk because she wanted to. She took walks. It was a normal habit, okay?

She climbed all the way up to the battlements. She did NOT count her steps one by one and then give up with the end in sight. Okay, well she did count her steps. There were a lot of steps. But she didn't give up. Ash couldn't give up, cause she didn't know how. But anyway, the point was that she made it onto the battlements and admired the view. Then she looked down. The ground was awful far away. It sure would hurt to fall off the battlements and die...

Ash sat down on a crate and started drawing. The universe wanted her to trip and fall tragically to her death. Well, the universe wasn't in charge. So. She continued drawing, because she could and she wanted to. She did some stick figure drawings. Lisa, a tiny stick figure with a BIG smile. Minjae, a stick figure with a gamer headset. Claudine, a stick figure with a notepad and a very 'meh' expression. Upstead, a very very tall and very very thin stick figure who looked bored and had no other stick figures nearby. It wasn't as complicated as what she usually drew, but it amused her. She smirked and drew some more people. They looked so uncomplicated on the page like this. But she was not going to have a soliloquy about how maybe they were all just stick figures drawn by the hand of time and then erased because nobody saw their value through their imperfections. That sounded, like, really stupid. She wasn't a stick figure. And she couldn't be erased. Obviously.

So she just sat there for a while, drawing stick figures and enjoying life being uncomplicated for a little bit. She wished she could stay here forever. That would be nice.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:21 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash was going on a walk today. For the fresh air and stuff. Yes, she was fine. Walking was not solely for miserable people, you know. She wasn't taking one of those movie walks where the main character walks along and then dies. Or one of those walks where they meet a total stranger and fall in love. Or any other sort of walk that was important. She wasn't even crying bittersweetly in the rain(it wasn't raining). She was taking a walk because she wanted to. She took walks. It was a normal habit, okay?

She climbed all the way up to the battlements. She did NOT count her steps one by one and then give up with the end in sight. Okay, well she did count her steps. There were a lot of steps. But she didn't give up. Ash couldn't give up, cause she didn't know how. But anyway, the point was that she made it onto the battlements and admired the view. Then she looked down. The ground was awful far away. It sure would hurt to fall off the battlements and die...

Ash sat down on a crate and started drawing. The universe wanted her to trip and fall tragically to her death. Well, the universe wasn't in charge. So. She continued drawing, because she could and she wanted to. She did some stick figure drawings. Lisa, a tiny stick figure with a BIG smile. Minjae, a stick figure with a gamer headset. Claudine, a stick figure with a notepad and a very 'meh' expression. Upstead, a very very tall and very very thin stick figure who looked bored and had no other stick figures nearby. It wasn't as complicated as what she usually drew, but it amused her. She smirked and drew some more people. They looked so uncomplicated on the page like this. But she was not going to have a soliloquy about how maybe they were all just stick figures drawn by the hand of time and then erased because nobody saw their value through their imperfections. That sounded, like, really stupid. She wasn't a stick figure. And she couldn't be erased. Obviously.

So she just sat there for a while, drawing stick figures and enjoying life being uncomplicated for a little bit. She wished she could stay here forever. That would be nice.
The battlement was a place that Daniel rarely frequented. Mainly because it was high above in one of the towers and as a Hufflepuff whose common room was in the lower levels he did not feel like making the trip upstairs. Unless he could find a short cut but so far he had not.

Today though, Daniel walked up the spiral staircase seemingly lost in thought. He had been in search for Gellar as he wanted to use her hair as an magic experiment but sadly he had not found her anywhere. Possibly she was in the Slytherin common room crying over nothing. She must be.

Arriving at the top, Daniel realized that ever since he had started at Hogwarts, his physical health had improved. Had they been at the start of the year he would have been out of breath by now.

At first the Hufflepuff thought that he was alone but soon discovered Ashley seated on one of the wooden crates. From his position he could not see what she was doing so he moved closer with light footsteps. Once he reached the older girl he said nothing but looked at the stick figure sketch she was making on her notepad. "Did artistic talent leave you?"
Old 08-02-2021, 06:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
The battlement was a place that Daniel rarely frequented. Mainly because it was high above in one of the towers and as a Hufflepuff whose common room was in the lower levels he did not feel like making the trip upstairs. Unless he could find a short cut but so far he had not.

Today though, Daniel walked up the spiral staircase seemingly lost in thought. He had been in search for Gellar as he wanted to use her hair as an magic experiment but sadly he had not found her anywhere. Possibly she was in the Slytherin common room crying over nothing. She must be.

Arriving at the top, Daniel realized that ever since he had started at Hogwarts, his physical health had improved. Had they been at the start of the year he would have been out of breath by now.

At first the Hufflepuff thought that he was alone but soon discovered Ashley seated on one of the wooden crates. From his position he could not see what she was doing so he moved closer with light footsteps. Once he reached the older girl he said nothing but looked at the stick figure sketch she was making on her notepad. "Did artistic talent leave you?"

Did artistic talent leave you?

Okay. So. The cinematic option would be to push Daniel and then accidentally have him fall over the edge, creating her tragic backstory and motivation to be a hero. The logical option would be to NOT do that. Ash picked the logical option, surprisingly. "Did your wonderful personality leave you?" It was heavily implied that he had never had a wonderful personality to start with. Was it rude? Yes. Was it deserved? Also yes. Was it better that accidentally pushing him off the battlements? For sure. Ash rolled her eyes. "Jeez, Daniel. I'm drawing stick figures. They don't have to be good. In fact, it's more comedic if they aren't. Consider the following. I monologue to you about the meaning of life and how my art is like life and how perhaps we are all just 2D figures drawn by the cruel universe on a piece of paper. Then you are intrigued, and ask to see the art. And I show you a bunch of stupid stick figures doing various stupid things. I would find that rather funny. Perhaps I should call this piece 'the meaning of life' and have it hung up in a museum, so that I can have a good laugh at everybody else while they try to make sense of it." AND. THE FUNNIEST PART. Humans really were like stick figures. They weren't the perfect people depicted in art. They were messed up stick figures. "This one's Lisa." She pointed at a tiny stick figure that did in fact look a bit like Lisa, then laughed. Because she was very sure that Daniel would think it was stupid, and that was amusing. "It's stick figures, Daniel," Ash said rather majestically as she stood up to her full height of five foot seven. "They're stupid. That's the point."

Was it obvious that she was messing with him? Because this would be so much funnier if he realized that she was having a laugh at his expense. She was just doodling stick figures out of boredom. Stick figures were not that deep, in her opinion.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:

Did artistic talent leave you?

Okay. So. The cinematic option would be to push Daniel and then accidentally have him fall over the edge, creating her tragic backstory and motivation to be a hero. The logical option would be to NOT do that. Ash picked the logical option, surprisingly. "Did your wonderful personality leave you?" It was heavily implied that he had never had a wonderful personality to start with. Was it rude? Yes. Was it deserved? Also yes. Was it better that accidentally pushing him off the battlements? For sure. Ash rolled her eyes. "Jeez, Daniel. I'm drawing stick figures. They don't have to be good. In fact, it's more comedic if they aren't. Consider the following. I monologue to you about the meaning of life and how my art is like life and how perhaps we are all just 2D figures drawn by the cruel universe on a piece of paper. Then you are intrigued, and ask to see the art. And I show you a bunch of stupid stick figures doing various stupid things. I would find that rather funny. Perhaps I should call this piece 'the meaning of life' and have it hung up in a museum, so that I can have a good laugh at everybody else while they try to make sense of it." AND. THE FUNNIEST PART. Humans really were like stick figures. They weren't the perfect people depicted in art. They were messed up stick figures. "This one's Lisa." She pointed at a tiny stick figure that did in fact look a bit like Lisa, then laughed. Because she was very sure that Daniel would think it was stupid, and that was amusing. "It's stick figures, Daniel," Ash said rather majestically as she stood up to her full height of five foot seven. "They're stupid. That's the point."

Was it obvious that she was messing with him? Because this would be so much funnier if he realized that she was having a laugh at his expense. She was just doodling stick figures out of boredom. Stick figures were not that deep, in her opinion.
Did your wonderful personality leave you?

If that was supposed to be a burn it was a lame one and Ashley had to know that right? Not even fazed, Daniel just looked at her sketch before he rolled his eyes as she went on. Honestly, it was like showing his mother something funny and she turned it into a lecture but he wasn't even listening to her words anymore. Instead, he turned around and began dragging a crate closer to him before he took his seat. Was she done?

"I know they're just stick-figures. It was a joke" he said as he looked at the figure that was supposed to be Lisa. A big smile. Yeah that was definitely her. "If that's Lisa then who are those?" he asked while pointing at the others.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Did your wonderful personality leave you?

If that was supposed to be a burn it was a lame one and Ashley had to know that right? Not even fazed, Daniel just looked at her sketch before he rolled his eyes as she went on. Honestly, it was like showing his mother something funny and she turned it into a lecture but he wasn't even listening to her words anymore. Instead, he turned around and began dragging a crate closer to him before he took his seat. Was she done?

"I know they're just stick-figures. It was a joke" he said as he looked at the figure that was supposed to be Lisa. A big smile. Yeah that was definitely her. "If that's Lisa then who are those?" he asked while pointing at the others.

Daniel did not laugh. Hmph. But he did look annoyed. And since Ash loved to get reactions out of people, that was almost just as good. She could still laugh without him. She could laugh alone.

"If it's a joke, then shouldn't it be funny? I'm not laughing. You're not laughing. Well... I am laughing, but I'm not laughing at your joke. You're not laughing though. You look rather annoyed." She laughed internally for his benefit.

"This one's Minjae. This one's Claudine. This one's Upstead. Hmmm..." She sat back down for a moment, then drew a stick figure with a slight frown holding a book. "There. That's you." She drew another stick figure surrounded by fire, looking dejected. "And that's me." She leaned against the door. "It's a whole universe of tiny stick figure people." She drew a tiny stick figure with a giant head and crossed it out a bunch of times, then punched whole through the paper around it. "That's Rosier." A shadow of a stick figure, tiny and barely visible. "My brother." A smiling stick figure standing on the inside of the flames around Ash. "Theodore." Another crossed out stick figure. "Mother." And a figure nearby it with no expression at all. "Father." A REALLY tiny stick figure separated from the rest. "...And my other brother. Nearly forgot him." A stick figure standing next to a dragon(?). "And Devin. Sorry Devin." A pair of stick figures holding hands. "How could I forget Dustin and Alex?" And finally, a couple of mean looking stick figures that she did not name aloud. "Have I forgotten someone important?" She tossed her pencil in the air and caught it. Daniel was maybe wrong about the stick figures, actually. They weren't all that stupid. He should try drawing distinct people in stick figures. Then they could see about artistic talent.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:15 AM   #35 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:

Daniel did not laugh. Hmph. But he did look annoyed. And since Ash loved to get reactions out of people, that was almost just as good. She could still laugh without him. She could laugh alone.

"If it's a joke, then shouldn't it be funny? I'm not laughing. You're not laughing. Well... I am laughing, but I'm not laughing at your joke. You're not laughing though. You look rather annoyed." She laughed internally for his benefit.

"This one's Minjae. This one's Claudine. This one's Upstead. Hmmm..." She sat back down for a moment, then drew a stick figure with a slight frown holding a book. "There. That's you." She drew another stick figure surrounded by fire, looking dejected. "And that's me." She leaned against the door. "It's a whole universe of tiny stick figure people." She drew a tiny stick figure with a giant head and crossed it out a bunch of times, then punched whole through the paper around it. "That's Rosier." A shadow of a stick figure, tiny and barely visible. "My brother." A smiling stick figure standing on the inside of the flames around Ash. "Theodore." Another crossed out stick figure. "Mother." And a figure nearby it with no expression at all. "Father." A REALLY tiny stick figure separated from the rest. "...And my other brother. Nearly forgot him." A stick figure standing next to a dragon(?). "And Devin. Sorry Devin." A pair of stick figures holding hands. "How could I forget Dustin and Alex?" And finally, a couple of mean looking stick figures that she did not name aloud. "Have I forgotten someone important?" She tossed her pencil in the air and caught it. Daniel was maybe wrong about the stick figures, actually. They weren't all that stupid. He should try drawing distinct people in stick figures. Then they could see about artistic talent.
She was correct, he was annoyed. But he wasn't annoyed at her or her stick drawings but rather because he had not found Gellar on his way up here. Her hair would have been the perfect target to practice a spell on, one he learned in a book that Margaret had given to him for his birthday. His real goal was to use the spell on his own hair but he wasn't dumb like Atlas and did not point his point wand at himself without knowing for sure that he was good at it. He probably could have asked Lisa if he could practice the spell on her hair. But she would most likely say yes with a wide smile and ....where was the fun in that?

He leaned in closer to see the other stick figures. His brother was easily identified with his gaming headset as well as Claudine and Nemesis. Rosier was not easily recognisable to him because he had never met the man and he had no clue who Theodore, Devin, Dustin and Alex were and he didn't care either. But even if he did not know these people, although the group of mean-looking stick figures were probably the Neo Alliance he had heard about, it was starting to get interesting. "Give me a piece of paper, I want to try too" he said after seeing her draw him as a stick figure holding a book and an annoyed expression on his face. He wasn't even angry or offended at this because he knew that it was accurate.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
She was correct, he was annoyed. But he wasn't annoyed at her or her stick drawings but rather because he had not found Gellar on his way up here. Her hair would have been the perfect target to practice a spell on, one he learned in a book that Margaret had given to him for his birthday. His real goal was to use the spell on his own hair but he wasn't dumb like Atlas and did not point his point wand at himself without knowing for sure that he was good at it. He probably could have asked Lisa if he could practice the spell on her hair. But she would most likely say yes with a wide smile and ....where was the fun in that?

He leaned in closer to see the other stick figures. His brother was easily identified with his gaming headset as well as Claudine and Nemesis. Rosier was not easily recognisable to him because he had never met the man and he had no clue who Theodore, Devin, Dustin and Alex were and he didn't care either. But even if he did not know these people, although the group of mean-looking stick figures were probably the Neo Alliance he had heard about, it was starting to get interesting. "Give me a piece of paper, I want to try too" he said after seeing her draw him as a stick figure holding a book and an annoyed expression on his face. He wasn't even angry or offended at this because he knew that it was accurate.

Ash handed Daniel a piece of loose paper and a pencil. "You can draw your own personal universe in like five minutes." A whole universe of imperfect stick figures representing imperfect people who were going to end up being 'erased' anyway. Letters in the sand, they all were. Mmm. "I wonder if I drew Charlie right. How do you draw someone you've never seen?" She paused with a kinda far-off look in her eyes. "It doesn't matter, hmmm? Just stick figures." Plus, maybe if the stick figure was unrecognizable, that meant that the person was someone you couldn't recognize. Which was good, because she didn't recognize this 'Charlie' person and had no proof of his existence. He might as well be an unrecognizable stick figure to her... it was okay then. She returned to her drawing, adding people that she loved(like Mamie) and people that she hated(also Mamie). Okay, she added one person, who was Mamie.

"Who are you gonna draw?" She was surprised that he'd asked to try. Why? What for? Didn't he think stick figures were stupid? It was all very confusing... but she could learn from this. Learn things. About him. And who he thought about a lot. She liked to know everything about everyone at all times in case it was important. And she liked analyzing art. And people. Sorry Daniel.