sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1183 users online including...

2 members
1181 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side > Leaky Cauldron

Leaky Cauldron Stop by for a quick drink or a place to stay the night. This famous pub and inn would be more than happy to serve you.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 AM

Default Pub Seating

Here at the Leaky Cauldron things can get pretty busy, and, for Phro, this is exactly the case. For this purpose, she kept the changes made by Louisa so that customers may come to the counter to place their orders, which keeps the chaos down and keeps things less hectic for the busy workers and their customers.

In the center of the room sits the baby of the Leaky Cauldron - baby grand piano that is. It is not unusual to enter the Leaky Cauldron and see costumers playing away at the piano. However, this piano is widely special, even for the Wizarding World. Years ago, Ryoma Shiradou, the former owner, built it by hand and therefore as one plays each key the ivory gives off a little puff of colored smoke that rises up into the air and form shapes that begin to tell a story to the music.

Off to the side of the room, a cozy fireplace and seating area can be found for those looking to relax a bit before heading off to the busy shops of Diagon Alley. At various times throughout the day, Phro will come by and give Tarot card readings.

OOC: The piano is free for all to use so have fun with that and enjoy yourself. Also, please remember that the shopkeeper does NOT take orders at the tables. Due to the Leaky Cauldron being unmanned at the moment, simply assume that your character placed their order at the Bar and Service Counter.

And a very IMPORTANT warning. Please please PLEASE make sure you have read all SS rules - especially those involving drinking. There will be a zero tolerance policy in regards to this rule.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:22 PM   #51 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
It was a strange feeling knowing that when she returned to Hogwarts after summer break she would be there for her final year. That she would be there without many of her friends whom all graduated the previous term, including the boyfriend. She still would have many friends returning there with her. But that was a thought for another day.

This afternoon there wasn't anything that was going to get her down. How could there be when there was one person she didn't get to see very often anymore currently waiting for her inside of the Leaky Cauldron. When she had heard that he was coming, Marley made sure she had ALL of the time in her schedule for her cousin. If he wanted the entire week, he got it! Sorry, not sorry, everyone. They all would understand.

So it was from the second she stepped foot through the door that her eyes roamed that pub for him and when they landed on him.. it was like she was ten all over again. "Tavvy!" Was he ready for it? He better be. She was bigger and older and she could squish a lot harder now.
The fact that Mar was officially a seventh year, his BABY cousin, was absolutely mind blowing to Tavion Lorne. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was little himself and they were playing Pokemon together!? And convincing his father to help them have an inflatable unicorn race in the pool with Figgy as well? Time had certainly flown by a lot, and her impending graduation was just more reminder they were all OLD now.

Well, not all of them. But he was starting to feel old anyways.

For the umpteenth time he checked the gifts for his cousin again, before hearing his name called out loudly in the pub and turned with a bright smile to search for the speak as he wiggled his way from his seat. Easier to give giant hugs while standing - because yes, he was absolutely ready. "Marley!!!"

How did she already look so grown up and tall?? Ignoring the fact that he'd been thinking that every time he saw her for at least the last 4 years.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 04:23 PM   #52 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
The fact that Mar was officially a seventh year, his BABY cousin, was absolutely mind blowing to Tavion Lorne. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was little himself and they were playing Pokemon together!? And convincing his father to help them have an inflatable unicorn race in the pool with Figgy as well? Time had certainly flown by a lot, and her impending graduation was just more reminder they were all OLD now.

Well, not all of them. But he was starting to feel old anyways.

For the umpteenth time he checked the gifts for his cousin again, before hearing his name called out loudly in the pub and turned with a bright smile to search for the speak as he wiggled his way from his seat. Easier to give giant hugs while standing - because yes, he was absolutely ready. "Marley!!!"

How did she already look so grown up and tall?? Ignoring the fact that he'd been thinking that every time he saw her for at least the last 4 years.
Yes, yes, it was yesterday. In this girls head it was anyhow. Merlin she missed those days of them playing Pokemon together! She still had that HUGE plushie he had given her too. Before he went back home they were going to need to play some video games and watch some cartoons.

Need she remind him that he wasn't really all that much older than her?

Yeah, she may have actually forgotten that they were in a public place for a brief moment when she sorta launched herself at him in a huge hug. "You have to not live so far away!" she laughed, giving him a decent squish. Obviously she was teasing him and she knew why he had moved so very far away from her like he did. Don't worry, Tavvy, she wasn't going to hold it again him.. much. "I've missed you! How's your summer? How have you been? How's Emilia?"

Well as luck would have it, she doubted she'd be growing anymore. So he wouldn't have to worry about her getting any taller at least?

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 04:27 PM   #53 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Yes, yes, it was yesterday. In this girls head it was anyhow. Merlin she missed those days of them playing Pokemon together! She still had that HUGE plushie he had given her too. Before he went back home they were going to need to play some video games and watch some cartoons.

Need she remind him that he wasn't really all that much older than her?

Yeah, she may have actually forgotten that they were in a public place for a brief moment when she sorta launched herself at him in a huge hug. "You have to not live so far away!" she laughed, giving him a decent squish. Obviously she was teasing him and she knew why he had moved so very far away from her like he did. Don't worry, Tavvy, she wasn't going to hold it again him.. much. "I've missed you! How's your summer? How have you been? How's Emilia?"

Well as luck would have it, she doubted she'd be growing anymore. So he wouldn't have to worry about her getting any taller at least?
As if he would ever say no to video games with his baby cousin. Who wasn't at all a baby anymore. And truthfully, he probably could use reminders he wasn't that much older. The difference in age between him and Marley was less than him and his oldest sister, and yet he still continued to feel like he was ancient in comparison.

He was going to blame his siblings and all their shenanigans for that.

Pfft, publich schmublic. Catching Mar he gave her the biiiiiggest squeeze, lifting her off the ground in the process. "I've missed you!" He knew she was teasing, but the full time in Korea was difficult at times when his family was all so far away. But he was glad Marley also understood, as he knew they all did. Emi was his future and being parted from her would have been even more difficult. "I'm doing good! I've been getting to learn a lot of new art techniques. I've been trying to work with pottery more, but I'm no where near what Davion can do." So he'd choose to leave that to his brother. As for Emilia? His entire countenance changed getting to talk about her, who happened to be one of his favorite subjects. "She's the best. Training has her tired a lot, but it seems like she really loves what she's doing so she generally bounces back. Even with living right there now it still seems it's hard to find time together, but... that's not going to be the case for forever so it's okay." He understood the demands of being an idol. He hadn't loved when they'd tried to circulate dating rumors about her with someone else but... what mattered was he knew the truth.

"How're YOU? Are you excited for your final year? How's Elias?" It was still sometimes hard for him to adjust to the fact she had a boyfriend, but it was clear the boy made her so happy how could he be anything but supportive?

Setting her back down on her feet and letting her go, he motioned for her to take a seat next to the packages. "What do you want for food? It's on me and I can go grab it while you open all of these." It was mainly just pieces of art he had created for her over the year. A portrait of her, some abstract pieces in her favorite colors, and quite a few pottery pokemon. She was the only person he knew would appreciate those as much as he did.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 02:08 PM   #54 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
As if he would ever say no to video games with his baby cousin. Who wasn't at all a baby anymore. And truthfully, he probably could use reminders he wasn't that much older. The difference in age between him and Marley was less than him and his oldest sister, and yet he still continued to feel like he was ancient in comparison.

He was going to blame his siblings and all their shenanigans for that.

Pfft, publich schmublic. Catching Mar he gave her the biiiiiggest squeeze, lifting her off the ground in the process. "I've missed you!" He knew she was teasing, but the full time in Korea was difficult at times when his family was all so far away. But he was glad Marley also understood, as he knew they all did. Emi was his future and being parted from her would have been even more difficult. "I'm doing good! I've been getting to learn a lot of new art techniques. I've been trying to work with pottery more, but I'm no where near what Davion can do." So he'd choose to leave that to his brother. As for Emilia? His entire countenance changed getting to talk about her, who happened to be one of his favorite subjects. "She's the best. Training has her tired a lot, but it seems like she really loves what she's doing so she generally bounces back. Even with living right there now it still seems it's hard to find time together, but... that's not going to be the case for forever so it's okay." He understood the demands of being an idol. He hadn't loved when they'd tried to circulate dating rumors about her with someone else but... what mattered was he knew the truth.

"How're YOU? Are you excited for your final year? How's Elias?" It was still sometimes hard for him to adjust to the fact she had a boyfriend, but it was clear the boy made her so happy how could he be anything but supportive?

Setting her back down on her feet and letting her go, he motioned for her to take a seat next to the packages. "What do you want for food? It's on me and I can go grab it while you open all of these." It was mainly just pieces of art he had created for her over the year. A portrait of her, some abstract pieces in her favorite colors, and quite a few pottery pokemon. She was the only person he knew would appreciate those as much as he did.
Would gladly play video games with him all afternoon and remind him the entire time that he isn't OLD! If he was old then so was she and well, umm, no she was not.

"I've missed you more!" She laughed as she held onto him all the while squishing him as best as she could. He had always been bigger than her but had he grown even taller since being gone or was it just that long since she had seen him that it felt that way?! Not to worry cousin, she understood. "Pottery?! That sounds like fun! I'd love to see some of that. How's Davion? How is everyone?!" Tell her all of the things please. Gosh, being at Hogwarts was great but being away from everyone was hard. Marley smiled as she watched Tavvy's face when he talked about Emilia. "You'll tell her that I said hi, yeah? And that I say to keep up the amazing work and I miss her too." She really liked her, especially because she made Tavion so happy.

"Me? I'm amazing! Still busting my behind training all of the time." Ballet was no joke! "More than ready! I've already worked out a study schedule." Yes, very much a Ravenclaw, right here. And there is was. Could Tav see how her cheeks flushed pink at the mention of Elias still? "He's wonderful. They graduated this year and then there was Lia's wedding which you know but that's a big change for him." Knows how Elias can be with change and how protective he is of his sisters. They were all still close though so she didn't think they had any problems.

Food? Open ALL of those? What in the name of Merlin was all of that?! Marley took a seat and looked at all of the packages. "Surprise me. I trust you and you know what I like anyhow. What is all of this?!" She laughed softly, reaching out to pick up the one closest to her and turning it over in her hands carefully before starting to open it. Each of these would find a special place in her room at home and some might even make their way with her to Hogwarts.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:29 PM   #55 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
Default For Kath!
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Indigo was always happy to meet other people in England who spoke French. It didn't happen too often, and when it did it always made him feel a bit more at home. It was for that reason, among others, that he had been happy to keep in touch with Darius since the two had met in London. One of the other reasons was that Darius was pretty and Indigo was a shameless flirt.

He was the one who had suggested dinner, and they'd landed on the Leaky Cauldron mostly for convenience. Indigo headed there after work, grateful that it was a Friday and the start of a weekend. His brain felt a bit mushy after the concentration he'd put in to his current project all week. He could definitely use a break. When he arrived at the Leaky Cauldron he decided to nab a table first before it got too busy, and they could grab something to eat once Darius arrived.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:13 PM   #56 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Indigo was always happy to meet other people in England who spoke French. It didn't happen too often, and when it did it always made him feel a bit more at home. It was for that reason, among others, that he had been happy to keep in touch with Darius since the two had met in London. One of the other reasons was that Darius was pretty and Indigo was a shameless flirt.

He was the one who had suggested dinner, and they'd landed on the Leaky Cauldron mostly for convenience. Indigo headed there after work, grateful that it was a Friday and the start of a weekend. His brain felt a bit mushy after the concentration he'd put in to his current project all week. He could definitely use a break. When he arrived at the Leaky Cauldron he decided to nab a table first before it got too busy, and they could grab something to eat once Darius arrived.
Lucky for Indigo, Darius found shameless flirts delightful and was a very giddy sponge ready and willing to soak up all the attention - and also give it back. So, really, one could say that they were both lucky. What was much less lucky were his peddling attempts in London from mediocre pickpocketing attempts. His judgement was off today, his mind lost as though it wandered through a heavy mist floating and creeping out in tendrils through of the cypress in the swamp. What had it been described to him as? A 'brain fog'. It was, perhaps, his new favorite English phrasing he had heard recently.

This brain fog was for good reason, of course. The waning gibbous was upon them.

Looking, perhaps, a little more tired than he would other days (though his black eyeliner and blending did make any dark circles look more intentional) and arriving a little later than promised (though this was not out of the ordinary either seeing as Darius was rarely ever on time), he strutted up to the table at which Indigo was seated. "Bonsoir, Indigo," he greeted as he leaned in to give his friend a kiss upon each cheek in greeting. "Are you wearing new cologne? You smell of rapture."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 02:39 AM   #57 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Lucky for Indigo, Darius found shameless flirts delightful and was a very giddy sponge ready and willing to soak up all the attention - and also give it back. So, really, one could say that they were both lucky. What was much less lucky were his peddling attempts in London from mediocre pickpocketing attempts. His judgement was off today, his mind lost as though it wandered through a heavy mist floating and creeping out in tendrils through of the cypress in the swamp. What had it been described to him as? A 'brain fog'. It was, perhaps, his new favorite English phrasing he had heard recently.

This brain fog was for good reason, of course. The waning gibbous was upon them.

Looking, perhaps, a little more tired than he would other days (though his black eyeliner and blending did make any dark circles look more intentional) and arriving a little later than promised (though this was not out of the ordinary either seeing as Darius was rarely ever on time), he strutted up to the table at which Indigo was seated. "Bonsoir, Indigo," he greeted as he leaned in to give his friend a kiss upon each cheek in greeting. "Are you wearing new cologne? You smell of rapture."
Indigo didn't mind waiting. It was getting to be peak dinner time, so the Leaky Cauldron was getting busy with people wandering in and out. Indigo entertained himself by people watching until he heard a voice close to his ear. He turned his gaze to Darius and smiled. "Bonsoir." He returned his greeting. "I'm not. Maybe this is just what I smell like." He sent him a bright smile. "You know, they say if you like someone's scent it means you're compatible."

He motioned to the chair next to him. "Do you have an idea what you want? It's on me?"
Old 05-18-2023, 06:02 AM   #58 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Quote:
Indigo didn't mind waiting. It was getting to be peak dinner time, so the Leaky Cauldron was getting busy with people wandering in and out. Indigo entertained himself by people watching until he heard a voice close to his ear. He turned his gaze to Darius and smiled. "Bonsoir." He returned his greeting. "I'm not. Maybe this is just what I smell like." He sent him a bright smile. "You know, they say if you like someone's scent it means you're compatible."

He motioned to the chair next to him. "Do you have an idea what you want? It's on me?"
Each cheek now properly dotted upon, Darius left one more necessary greeting right upon Indigo's rosy lips before settling into the seat right beside his companion with an arm still draped lazily over his shoulder as well. "That is certainly a possibility and I do have a very sharp nose. Though I do not require it to feel confident of compatibility."

Leaning back a bit in his seat, Darius walked his fingers from around Indigo's shoulder to along his shoulder and just to the nape of the neck around the spine while casually looking over the menu. "Not particularly, though anything will taste delectable with you offering yourself as the plate." He truly could not resist when the object of his attention walked so easily into such enticing banter. "I am in the mood for something nutty I think. What do you recommend?"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 05-19-2023, 11:38 PM   #59 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Quote:

Each cheek now properly dotted upon, Darius left one more necessary greeting right upon Indigo's rosy lips before settling into the seat right beside his companion with an arm still draped lazily over his shoulder as well. "That is certainly a possibility and I do have a very sharp nose. Though I do not require it to feel confident of compatibility."

Leaning back a bit in his seat, Darius walked his fingers from around Indigo's shoulder to along his shoulder and just to the nape of the neck around the spine while casually looking over the menu. "Not particularly, though anything will taste delectable with you offering yourself as the plate." He truly could not resist when the object of his attention walked so easily into such enticing banter. "I am in the mood for something nutty I think. What do you recommend?"
This is why Indigo liked Darius; he was also a shameless flirt. And while Indigo didn't often like being the center of attention, he did like attention from cute men. "You know that's not what I meant." His tone was a teasing scold, and he smiled. Not that Indigo would mind, but the Leaky Cauldron probably preferred their patrons to use actual plates. He turned his gaze to the menu, leaning close to look at the same one as Darius rather than use his own. It took a bit longer to read the menu than usual - Darius' fingers at the back of his neck were a bit distracting - but he managed. "I don't know what's nutty, but I was thinking about sushi. Or pizza."
Old 05-23-2023, 06:02 AM   #60 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default smh

Quote:
This is why Indigo liked Darius; he was also a shameless flirt. And while Indigo didn't often like being the center of attention, he did like attention from cute men. "You know that's not what I meant." His tone was a teasing scold, and he smiled. Not that Indigo would mind, but the Leaky Cauldron probably preferred their patrons to use actual plates. He turned his gaze to the menu, leaning close to look at the same one as Darius rather than use his own. It took a bit longer to read the menu than usual - Darius' fingers at the back of his neck were a bit distracting - but he managed. "I don't know what's nutty, but I was thinking about sushi. Or pizza."
Having absolutely zero qualms with being in the spotlight, Darius also adored providing his undivided attention to whoever and whatever his present company may be. "It is not? Your desire for sushi almost implies the opposite. Eating in such a manner is considered an art form, so I have heard..." His fingers trailed off and entirely removed themselves from the back of Indigo's neck so he could brush his own long hair over his shoulder and out of the way of the buttons and zippers on his attire. "I cannot think of the last time I had either, though I must admit raw fish sounds appealing this evening."

His yearning for something nutty could be fulfilled later. Darius was certain that nothing on this establishment's menu would be suitable.

Old 05-28-2023, 01:53 AM   #61 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Quote:

Having absolutely zero qualms with being in the spotlight, Darius also adored providing his undivided attention to whoever and whatever his present company may be. "It is not? Your desire for sushi almost implies the opposite. Eating in such a manner is considered an art form, so I have heard..." His fingers trailed off and entirely removed themselves from the back of Indigo's neck so he could brush his own long hair over his shoulder and out of the way of the buttons and zippers on his attire. "I cannot think of the last time I had either, though I must admit raw fish sounds appealing this evening."

His yearning for something nutty could be fulfilled later. Darius was certain that nothing on this establishment's menu would be suitable.
Indigo's eyes followed Darius' fingers as they moved to his own hair. "Perhaps I could be persuaded to feed it to you," he said with a small smile and a raised eyebrow. Either with chopsticks or with his fingers. He hadn't had sushi from the Leaky Cauldron before, so he was not sure how it was served. It could go either way really, he was never certain which it would be. "Sushi it is then. I'll go place our order."

He stood, and made his way to the counter to order. Luckily it didn't take too long. After just a few minutes he reappeared at their table, with a mug in each hand. He placed them on the table before retaking his seat. "I got us butterbeers too." He hadn't asked, just assumed, so hopefully that would be okay. "The food shouldn't take too long to be ready. In the meantime, tell me about your week?"
Old 06-05-2023, 11:36 PM   #62 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Quote:
Indigo's eyes followed Darius' fingers as they moved to his own hair. "Perhaps I could be persuaded to feed it to you," he said with a small smile and a raised eyebrow. Either with chopsticks or with his fingers. He hadn't had sushi from the Leaky Cauldron before, so he was not sure how it was served. It could go either way really, he was never certain which it would be. "Sushi it is then. I'll go place our order."

He stood, and made his way to the counter to order. Luckily it didn't take too long. After just a few minutes he reappeared at their table, with a mug in each hand. He placed them on the table before retaking his seat. "I got us butterbeers too." He hadn't asked, just assumed, so hopefully that would be okay. "The food shouldn't take too long to be ready. In the meantime, tell me about your week?"
Darius' lips curled even more pleasantly than they had been already and considered this a challenge accepted. Though, truth be told, it was less than a challenge and more like a promise. "I shall certainly return the favor when you do." With his fingers, naturally.

Nodding as Indigo momentarily dismissed himself, he leaned back in his seat and draped one arm over the back of his chair while he made himself just a bit more comfortable. He may be feeling a bit more fidgety than usual, but in recent months there had been a sort of calm that came over him whenever he rested his left ankle upon his right knee - hardly even so much as a toe tap near the full moon. The calm had just settled in when Indigo returned with the quintessential Hogwarts darling maneuver: butterbeer. "How precious of you," he laughed softly as he reached for the butterbeer and lifted his mug from the table. "Before indulging in lackluster and inspired tales, a toast," he cooed while straightening. "To...stimulating company and finger foods?"

Old 07-16-2023, 10:44 AM   #63 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
Default My Katie <3
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

If nostalgia was what you were after this meeting of two friends would certainly fit the bill. Even over the decades it had been since graduation, even with all the trials and tribulations that teenage hormones provided, even with forming families of their own and watching their children grow up to become beautiful adults, Trixie and Oliver had remained the firmest of friends.

Trixie of course had matured greatly from the sassy, sarcastic fifteen year old she had been when she first met Oliver. It was debatable whether the same could be applied to her friend although truthfully the blonde wouldn’t change that for the world. Being around Oliver made the fifty-four year old feel like that teenager again.

That morning had been spent giving lectures to her third year Healing students who were progressing swiftly through their education. That afternoon would be spent at St Mungos guiding her fifth years through their rotations on the wards. This had left her with a spare couple of hours over lunchtime in order to escape from the University and grab a bite to eat in Diagon Alley. As the children were still in school the streets seemed fairly quiet and finding somewhere with availability and not too long a wait was fairly easy. Into the Leaky Cauldron she walked, her heels clacking on the cobblestones as she padded passing by the bar where she ordered herself a glass of Elderflower Wine and a salad and over to a table near to the fireplace to await the arrival of her friend.

Best friend.

It didn’t matter how old they were that distinction would always be important.
Old 07-16-2023, 01:12 PM   #64 (permalink)

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Fairfax
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Second Year
x2
Default My love <3
Yeahhh, Mr White! Yeah science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
If nostalgia was what you were after this meeting of two friends would certainly fit the bill. Even over the decades it had been since graduation, even with all the trials and tribulations that teenage hormones provided, even with forming families of their own and watching their children grow up to become beautiful adults, Trixie and Oliver had remained the firmest of friends.

Trixie of course had matured greatly from the sassy, sarcastic fifteen year old she had been when she first met Oliver. It was debatable whether the same could be applied to her friend although truthfully the blonde wouldn’t change that for the world. Being around Oliver made the fifty-four year old feel like that teenager again.

That morning had been spent giving lectures to her third year Healing students who were progressing swiftly through their education. That afternoon would be spent at St Mungos guiding her fifth years through their rotations on the wards. This had left her with a spare couple of hours over lunchtime in order to escape from the University and grab a bite to eat in Diagon Alley. As the children were still in school the streets seemed fairly quiet and finding somewhere with availability and not too long a wait was fairly easy. Into the Leaky Cauldron she walked, her heels clacking on the cobblestones as she padded passing by the bar where she ordered herself a glass of Elderflower Wine and a salad and over to a table near to the fireplace to await the arrival of her friend.

Best friend.

It didn’t matter how old they were that distinction would always be important.
Merlin, how time flew. It felt like just yesterday that Oliver was graduating Hogwarts and leaving behind a sobbing Trixie, the book of memories she had given him firmly affixed in his hand. Now fifty-five years old (yes, fifty-five), Oliver still carried himself with the same confidence and the slight air of arrogance he exuded back in school. The same smirk-come-smile plastered in place as he entered the Leaky Cauldron, morphing into a warm, genuine smile as he spotted his best friend sitting by the fireplace.

Except Oliver was not the same as he had been at school. Life and the years had caught up with him. Wide eyed wonder at life vanishing, replaced by lines of age and experience on his face. His eyes were still just as green, his hair still a wild mop of unruly curls, but the innocence, if you could call it that, was gone.

He had taken early retirement, having made his name and money in both playing, and then managing pro Quidditch. He now lived a blissful, lazy life with Cameron in their family home in muggle Edinburgh – now a little too large for the pair as the four kids had flown the nest.

He ordered a butterbeer and a plate of nachos covered in all kinds of heart disease, and sauntered over to his best friend.

“Trixie Pixie.” He beamed at her. “Merlin, it's good to see you.” He remained standing, his arms open with the expectation of a warm, welcoming and familiar Trixie trademark cuddle.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:33 PM   #65 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

A Trixie trademark cuddle was exactly what Oliver was about to be given as she stood up, straightened out her dress and headed over into his arms. Oliver was still as tall and willowy as he had ever been. It honestly baffled the blonde how he had been so good at Quidditch with his body type but then again she didn’t exactly look like your typical Beater and Oliver knew first hand how talented she was with that Beaters bat. “You know you are always welcome at our house for dinner whenever you want to.” Despite four of her children having moved out, Trixie was so used to cooking for a large family that she often produced leftovers for days. Freddie might have been extremely tall but he certainly didn’t have the appetite of four people.

What she would ensure should Oliver decide to come over for dinner was that he would eat his vegetables. There might have been some personality traits that had matured out of the former Slytherin but she simply couldn’t help the disapproving look on her face as she spotted the calorie laden plate of Nachos. “You need to be careful now that you’re retired. Keep on eating like that and they’ll be using you as the Quaffle.” Or perhaps even worse considering who she was talking to. “Or maybe it’ll mean a trip to your favourite place, St Mungos.” The clinic that Trixie had set up and directed over the past thirty years had been inspired solely by Oliver’s fear of anything medical. She had passed the day-to-day responsibility of Kneazle Manor over to others now that she had decided to take a step back for herself and educate the next generation instead.

Or at least she was supposed to be taking it easy but everyone knew that Trixie was a chronic overworker even in her Hogwarts days. When she wasn’t lecturing or marking, she could often be found in her office making herself available to her students should they need her. Slowing down was just something she was unable to do.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:18 AM   #66 (permalink)

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Fairfax
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Second Year
x2
Yeahhh, Mr White! Yeah science!

Oliver's wrapped his arms around Trixie and squeezed her before letting go and taking a seat. “I'll keep you to that.” He replied, getting comfortable. “I'm sure my cousin will be just thrilled.” Cue naughty knowing smile. “But the same goes for you Trix, you can drop in on us anytime. You know that.”

It was odd to hear the word 'retired' aloud. He certainly didn't feel old enough to a member of the blue rinse brigade. Oliver was still a busy man when he wasn't spending those few lazy days with Cameron. At school, he was like a kid who'd sat on a nettle, never able to keep still, but through adulthood, he had focused that energy into his career. He now talent spotted, and coached a young team of up and coming players. “I know a few people who'd love to use me as a Quaffle.” He snorted. As for St Mungo's, that was just nightmare fuel. Nightmare fuel he had to get used to over the years of injuries on the pitch. “Don't you go there..” He chuckled.

But looking at Trixie, she certainly looked well. A youthful aura still surrounded her “But I want to know what your secret is, Trixie Pixie. You've hardly changed since school. Do you bathe in the blood of baby unicorns or something?” She looked happy and healthy. Content. It was heart-warming to see. He hoped his analysis was accurate.

He munched on a nacho and offered them to Trixie. She was missing out – these things were so good.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 07:28 PM   #67 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

Freddie wouldn’t have a choice when it came to who Trixie decided to entertain. He’d probably grumble a little, give his little trademark frown and probably only engage in small talk but he’d do anything for his wife and for that she was eternally grateful. Unfortunately for Freddie, Oliver came as part of the deal when he decided to spend the rest of his life with her. “Oh he’ll be fine. He doesn’t find you that irritating anymore,” she teased. Whether that was true only Freddie could admit but at least he somewhat tolerated her best friends company.

That she didn’t doubt. Oliver had been the subject of many a narrowed eye or smack of the arm from Trixie herself in school whenever he decided to purposefully wind her up. The problem was that the blonde was easily stirred and had she not loved the curly haired man so much she probably would’ve taken a swing at him herself at one point. “Certainly in school they might have. You had a talent for finding the most irritating thing to tease people about.” The smile that befell her lips was obvious enough to show that she was only teasing him herself. How the tables had turned.

Not that Trixie herself was ever innocent of that in school. They had of course become best friends for a reason. In fact had it not been for a certain redheads ‘interference’ it was possible that it could’ve been something more. The thought sent a shudder down the woman’s spine nowadays, not because she stopped loving him but because she was quite sure they would’ve killed each other by now. “But I know how much you love Mungos, there’d be a lovely bed waiting for you surrounded by Healers.” Why he was so scared she didn’t know but it was something she had been trying to work through with him for many years.

Trixie begged to differ that she hadn’t changed over the years. Yes she was still that tall blonde with kind hazel eyes who mothered over the younger students but the thirty-something years that had passed since graduation, the five beloved children she had helped shape through childhood and the years of working with some of the sickest patients had left her with the odd stray gray hair and ever so faint wrinkle. “Don’t be ridiculous!” she rolled her eyes playfully. “It’s the Elixir of Life actually.” She was joking of course. It was a combination of still having a busy and active lifestyle, amazing genes and sheer luck that she still looked as good as she did and she’d rather not change that. Hence why she shook her head at the offer of Nachos.