sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1119 users online including...
natethegreat , Stevendalo , workwethozy , Kevinmit , HoustonCoets , Evawxa , Evadng , Anthonylx , RuslanIcops

12 members
1107 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic

Ministry of Magic Beneath the heart of London lies the wizarding government. Access to the Ministry is a fireplace, toilet, or telephone box away.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2021, 03:02 AM

Default Gift Shop & Merchandise

Are you an employee or just a visiting guest here at the British Ministry of Magic? Do you consider yourself a personal fan of the Ministry? Do you sometimes wish you had memorabilia with the Ministry's logo all over it? Well, look no further! Furnished in dark woods and gold, the shelves are stocked with items that are sure to grab your interest. Pens, pads, and bags, of course, adorn the front shelves, all sporting the Ministry logo...but then there are also hats, bracelets, t-shirts and jumpers (monogrammed for the Ministry, as well). The back shelves of the shop are comprised of additional merchandise, miscellaneous items stacked neatly in place. Looking for a last minute gift for a friend? Gift cards for your favorite shops? Coupons for unusual items from those favorite shops? An appealing toy to bribe your child with so that they'll behave during your visit? We hope we can meet all your product needs!

A-.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Mama/Ethan! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Pens were something Brody always seemed to need. If they didn't run out of ink, then someone either from the Ministry or from University {or both places} 'borrowed' them and always failed to make the returns. This was one thing that frustrated Brody. This time around, he would hide his new pens away. If anyone asked if he had a spare, the answer would be a plain, simple and firm 'no'.

It had been a while since he had visited the gift shop {probably since the time heh had interned at the Ministry}. Had it always been this well stocked? Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Brody set about browsing.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Pens were something Brody always seemed to need. If they didn't run out of ink, then someone either from the Ministry or from University {or both places} 'borrowed' them and always failed to make the returns. This was one thing that frustrated Brody. This time around, he would hide his new pens away. If anyone asked if he had a spare, the answer would be a plain, simple and firm 'no'.

It had been a while since he had visited the gift shop {probably since the time heh had interned at the Ministry}. Had it always been this well stocked? Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Brody set about browsing.
It was sometimes difficult to process that Ethan had really been working here over a month already. He'd fallen into a routine between his work and university, that seeing Nora had become splendid and rare occurrences. But he wanted her to know he was still there, that he still cared. It took him bloody long enough to figure out that the Ministry had a gift shop and purchasing her something ... Maybe a T-shirt with the emblem on it, was just the thing. Maybe that had a snarky one about how "someone who loves me went to the ministry and got me this dumb t-shirt".

Perusing the shelves, he noticed he wasn't alone in the shop. Even moreso, it was one of the billion other people whom he graduated with that had decided to come work at the ministry. "Brody? You work here too? I mean like.... Not here ...here... But like..." he gestured around to indicate the ministry.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Ethan! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
It was sometimes difficult to process that Ethan had really been working here over a month already. He'd fallen into a routine between his work and university, that seeing Nora had become splendid and rare occurrences. But he wanted her to know he was still there, that he still cared. It took him bloody long enough to figure out that the Ministry had a gift shop and purchasing her something ... Maybe a T-shirt with the emblem on it, was just the thing. Maybe that had a snarky one about how "someone who loves me went to the ministry and got me this dumb t-shirt".

Perusing the shelves, he noticed he wasn't alone in the shop. Even moreso, it was one of the billion other people whom he graduated with that had decided to come work at the ministry. "Brody? You work here too? I mean like.... Not here ...here... But like..." he gestured around to indicate the ministry.

Those tee shirts and jumpers looked mighty fine, Brody thought to himself. He had come to a pause to admire the colours and the Ministry’s logo fashioned so neatly on each. It wouldn’t hurt to get one of each, for himself, of course. The young man chose a brick red coloured shirt and a black jumper. Satisfied with his choices, Brody was about to move on to the pens but the sound of his name and the somewhat familiar voice had his attention being sidetracked.

So THAT’S why that voice was familiar! “Ethan! Hi. Long time no see.” Surely his old friend hadn’t been around at the Ministry for a long time and Brody had missed noticing his presence? “Yes, I do. Department of International Magical Cooperation.” An eyebrow arched. “Hadn’t known that you worked here too.” Or so he was assuming.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:

Those tee shirts and jumpers looked mighty fine, Brody thought to himself. He had come to a pause to admire the colours and the Ministry’s logo fashioned so neatly on each. It wouldn’t hurt to get one of each, for himself, of course. The young man chose a brick red coloured shirt and a black jumper. Satisfied with his choices, Brody was about to move on to the pens but the sound of his name and the somewhat familiar voice had his attention being sidetracked.

So THAT’S why that voice was familiar! “Ethan! Hi. Long time no see.” Surely his old friend hadn’t been around at the Ministry for a long time and Brody had missed noticing his presence? “Yes, I do. Department of International Magical Cooperation.” An eyebrow arched. “Hadn’t known that you worked here too.” Or so he was assuming.
Welp. So this was definitely not the reunion that Ethan had expected. Of course it had been a couple years since they graduated and Ethan had been busy focusing on himself that he hadn't really bothered to keep touch with most people. But at least he hadn't changed so much in that he was still recognizable.

"For sure, mate. What's it been ... like two years?" He patted his shoulder. "Wow. So do you get to do much international travel? Or is that not part of the job?" He nodded, "Yeah, just started last month. Transportation. Broom research and development. How you been? What's new with you?"

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 07-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Ethan! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Welp. So this was definitely not the reunion that Ethan had expected. Of course it had been a couple years since they graduated and Ethan had been busy focusing on himself that he hadn't really bothered to keep touch with most people. But at least he hadn't changed so much in that he was still recognizable.

"For sure, mate. What's it been ... like two years?" He patted his shoulder. "Wow. So do you get to do much international travel? Or is that not part of the job?" He nodded, "Yeah, just started last month. Transportation. Broom research and development. How you been? What's new with you?"

Brody never minded where he winded up meeting old friends. Or well, anyone for that reason. Awkward situations amused him for the most parts. In any case, this situation wasn’t an awkward one and Brody found himself being thrilled to see Ethan. How long had it been since they last saw each other?

Two years? Just two years?

“Is it just me or does it seem longer than that?” Brody had gotten so caught up on making a career for himself that he’d practically lost touch with the handful of friends that he had made from Hogwarts. He shook his head. “Not much at present. For now it’s me mainly drowning in files and paperwork.” And university work. The young man perked up. “That’s interesting.” He grinned a bit, remembering the Quidditch game they had had along with a few others a few summers ago. “I think that’s going to be the right fit for you.” Brody shifted from one foot to the other as the conversation turned on him as the topic. “Not bad,” he replied casually. “I’ve been mainly working on myself… you know, university, language lessons…hey, how’s it going with Nora? You guys still a thing?”

Old 08-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:

Brody never minded where he winded up meeting old friends. Or well, anyone for that reason. Awkward situations amused him for the most parts. In any case, this situation wasn’t an awkward one and Brody found himself being thrilled to see Ethan. How long had it been since they last saw each other?

Two years? Just two years?

“Is it just me or does it seem longer than that?” Brody had gotten so caught up on making a career for himself that he’d practically lost touch with the handful of friends that he had made from Hogwarts. He shook his head. “Not much at present. For now it’s me mainly drowning in files and paperwork.” And university work. The young man perked up. “That’s interesting.” He grinned a bit, remembering the Quidditch game they had had along with a few others a few summers ago. “I think that’s going to be the right fit for you.” Brody shifted from one foot to the other as the conversation turned on him as the topic. “Not bad,” he replied casually. “I’ve been mainly working on myself… you know, university, language lessons…hey, how’s it going with Nora? You guys still a thing?”
And this was where they differed, since well, Ethan found awkward situations to be exactly that ... awkward. Weird. Reconnecting with people that he wasn't sure he'd see after graduation, but if the orientation had proven anything it was that there were A LOT of Hogwarts graduates who chose the route of Ministry Employment.

He nodded his head, "Sorta yea... guess it does seem longer, and yet not really much time at all." He chuckled quietly at the paperwork comment. "Guess that's what they have us youngins doing... working on paperwork until we can prove ourselves. I'm actually working on a university degree myself... which i started before work here. Basically surviving on pepperup potions," he chuckled again. "Languages, huh? What ya learning?" Made him think he should probably learn Portuguese or Spanish. "Oh yea. We're actually engaged. Which uh ... if we have a wedding..." he paused momentarily, making a mental note to talk more with Nora about planning things, "Do you think you'd want to be my best man?" He had no brothers, after all, and Brody was as good a friend as any, even if they'd lost touch for a few years. "What about you? Any new romances?"

Old 09-08-2021, 03:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default MLE Boyz Running Club. But ... giftshop edition?
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Tomasz was on his break.

He used to spend his breaks on level two - often taking temporary residence in the breakroom or claiming an unused workstation to work through his remaining training materials. But he hadn't done this since Mr. Upstead took over the department. Nowadays, he spent his breaks looking for things to do elsewhere. It meant that aside from his usual security rounds in the area, he didn't spend much time around level two at all.

Granted, he did not have a reason to spend time in the gift shop either, but this is where he ended up for his break today. And as he was here for the first time, he decided to look around at the various Ministry-branded objects. Perhaps he could find something to buy for his mums or maybe something for Demi. The bracelets, maybe? He picked one up, examining it closely.

You are Lemon!
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: Tomasz is a gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Tomasz was on his break.

He used to spend his breaks on level two - often taking temporary residence in the breakroom or claiming an unused workstation to work through his remaining training materials. But he hadn't done this since Mr. Upstead took over the department. Nowadays, he spent his breaks looking for things to do elsewhere. It meant that aside from his usual security rounds in the area, he didn't spend much time around level two at all.

Granted, he did not have a reason to spend time in the gift shop either, but this is where he ended up for his break today. And as he was here for the first time, he decided to look around at the various Ministry-branded objects. Perhaps he could find something to buy for his mums or maybe something for Demi. The bracelets, maybe? He picked one up, examining it closely.

Gabriel would have much preferred to spend his break punching the punching bag, or eating, or trying to get on Mr. Upstead's good side, but his mother insisted on a Ministry of Magic-branded jumper. And her birthday was coming up, too, so...well, he couldn't remember (and wasn't allowed to ask) how old she was, but if the woman wanted a jumper from his workplace, she was getting a sweater from his workplace.

He hoped she was making Belly get her a WU jumper as well. It was only fair.

But while he was down here, he decided to browse a little, too. He was supposed to graduate from a YATI to a fully-fledged, official, ready to arrest people, Auror (hopefully) soon. And maybe if he dropped some hints, he could convince Ma to get him... ummm... "Tomasz?" No, he didn't want Tomasz as a gift. "Hey, doing some shopping?" he asked his colleague and running buddy with a grin.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: ur a gift uwu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel would have much preferred to spend his break punching the punching bag, or eating, or trying to get on Mr. Upstead's good side, but his mother insisted on a Ministry of Magic-branded jumper. And her birthday was coming up, too, so...well, he couldn't remember (and wasn't allowed to ask) how old she was, but if the woman wanted a jumper from his workplace, she was getting a sweater from his workplace.

He hoped she was making Belly get her a WU jumper as well. It was only fair.

But while he was down here, he decided to browse a little, too. He was supposed to graduate from a YATI to a fully-fledged, official, ready to arrest people, Auror (hopefully) soon. And maybe if he dropped some hints, he could convince Ma to get him... ummm... "Tomasz?" No, he didn't want Tomasz as a gift. "Hey, doing some shopping?" he asked his colleague and running buddy with a grin.

Tomasz turned, hearing his name, and offered Gabriel a small smile. "Ay, yyy, not so much," he shook his head, before remembering the bracelet he had in hand. Somewhat embarrassed, he quickly put it back on the shelf, though it did not save him from the slight red creeping onto his face. This happened too easily. It only embarrassed him further.

"I am just looking," he followed up to explain. "To pass the time." That is why it was here, no? Or maybe for the visitors. Tomasz hadn't considered this option yet. Why someone would visit the ministry and buy a branded t-shirt was beyond him. The ministry was not so exciting to Tomasz and as a Security Officer, he often saw it at its most urgent and intense. Maybe government was more interesting to some? Politics, he could understand as an interest in some regard.

As if on a delay, Tomasz realized that he ought to ask the question in return to be polite. "Are you here to buy something?" He liked Gabriel. He was nice and humble, the kind of person Tomasz liked to keep in his company. Their runs helped too, otherwise Tomasz was not so good at keeping in touch with his friends. Having the established routine meant there was one less thing to keep track of to do.

You are Lemon!
Old 09-12-2021, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

Tomasz turned, hearing his name, and offered Gabriel a small smile. "Ay, yyy, not so much," he shook his head, before remembering the bracelet he had in hand. Somewhat embarrassed, he quickly put it back on the shelf, though it did not save him from the slight red creeping onto his face. This happened too easily. It only embarrassed him further.

"I am just looking," he followed up to explain. "To pass the time." That is why it was here, no? Or maybe for the visitors. Tomasz hadn't considered this option yet. Why someone would visit the ministry and buy a branded t-shirt was beyond him. The ministry was not so exciting to Tomasz and as a Security Officer, he often saw it at its most urgent and intense. Maybe government was more interesting to some? Politics, he could understand as an interest in some regard.

As if on a delay, Tomasz realized that he ought to ask the question in return to be polite. "Are you here to buy something?" He liked Gabriel. He was nice and humble, the kind of person Tomasz liked to keep in his company. Their runs helped too, otherwise Tomasz was not so good at keeping in touch with his friends. Having the established routine meant there was one less thing to keep track of to do.

To pass the time? That was probably the answer Gabriel least expected. Browsing, doing security things, those were more expected. But then, Tomasz was very different from Gabriel, so it should be expected that he'd do something that Gabriel didn't expect.

So maybe passing the time should have been his expected answer.

Hmm.

Anyway, Gabriel nodded, gesturing toward the jumpers. "My ma's birthday is coming up," he said sheepishly by way of explanation. As though it was normal to get your parent something from your work's gift shop for their birthday. Maybe it was normal? Gabriel didn't know. Maybe he could ask the shop clerk whether most people were doing birthday shopping. Maybe he'd ask Mr. Upstead, even, he'd worked here awhile, Gabriel thought. He'd know things. "Have you seen anything interesting?" he asked Tomasz as he browsed through the jumpers. Interesting...in the store, in work, in life. Just...general interest.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddles View Post
to pass the time? That was probably the answer gabriel least expected. Browsing, doing security things, those were more expected. But then, tomasz was very different from gabriel, so it should be expected that he'd do something that gabriel didn't expect.

So maybe passing the time should have been his expected answer.

Hmm.

Anyway, gabriel nodded, gesturing toward the jumpers. "my ma's birthday is coming up," he said sheepishly by way of explanation. As though it was normal to get your parent something from your work's gift shop for their birthday. Maybe it was normal? Gabriel didn't know. Maybe he could ask the shop clerk whether most people were doing birthday shopping. Maybe he'd ask mr. Upstead, even, he'd worked here awhile, gabriel thought. He'd know things. "have you seen anything interesting?" he asked tomasz as he browsed through the jumpers. Interesting...in the store, in work, in life. Just...general interest.

Tomasz was generally inclined to prefer spontaneity, but he had somehow found himself falling into a monotonous routine as of late. So perhaps the expected was his brand now afterall.

"Ah," he nodded quietly in understanding, before the meaning of the words caught up with him and made him pause. "You are buying her a ministry jumper ... for her birthday?" T wasn't one to judge, but the disbelief was present in his tone as he looked back at Gabriel with confusion. Tilting his head to one side, he looked over at the jumper display once more. "They are ............" He paused to think of a word. "Nice?" Maybe? They did not look so comfortable to Tomasz, but he didn't usually like winter clothes so much. Maybe Gabriel's mother would like receiving a ministry-branded gift.

"Interesting?" Tomasz took the question to be about the gift shop and looked around as he thought it over. There wasn't much to think of as interesting, unless the sheer number of magnets was something worth noting. "I think I saw a mug with, yyy, misprinted text?" Spelling wasn't his strong suit either, so he could sympathize with the manufacturer.

You are Lemon!
Old 08-06-2023, 09:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
Default Open Post <3
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

She may have been working in the Ministry for a few months but Allie had yet to discover the gift shop. Well not ‘discover’ as such as she knew it was there but she hadn’t actually stepped foot over the threshold. It’s existence had amused her, why there was a requirement for a gift shop in a governmental building was beyond her but she supposed it was a bit of a novelty to visitors to come home with merchandise proving that they had been granted access to such a secretive building.

Today the Daycare Attendant had a little while to spare before she was required back on shift and after grabbing a quick bite to eat it was in the gift shop she had found herself. She thought it looked a little like a University with all the monogrammed merchandise proudly sporting where it was that you attended to anyone who really cared. Allie hadn’t been that girl when she had studied herself, in fact she was much more likely to rock up in her gym gear after playing a game of netball than she was to wear university branded hoodies. Turning the corner to the clothing section, she picked up a baseball cap with that big ‘M’ emblazoned on the front and seriously considered whether to take it home jokingly as a ‘present’ for her fiancé.