FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1206 users online including...
Henryaffig , astrocat , Kimothy , Natashaqke

8 members
1198 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2022, 12:29 AM

Default The Boathouse

Image Credit: Felixir

Every 1st September, new first years arrive at Hogwarts via boat, traveling from the outskirts of Hogsmeade, across the lake, and into the boathouse. This structure stands, logically enough, at the edge of the lake, and can be reached via a pathway from the courtyard, consisting of a long and winding stairway down the cliff face. A hidden passageway accessible from the inside of the boathouse leads up through the cliff itself, and emerges onto a patch of lawn which lies in the shadow of the castle.

All of the Hogwarts boats are stored here when not in use. You are free to take them out onto the lake, as long as you have permission from the groundskeeper to do so. Everything you might need for a trip out in the boats is hanging up around the walls, including oars and life jackets. Be sure to put everything back where you found it once you're done with it. Including - and especially - the boats themselves.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Chelliebean & Vera <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Bright, sunshiney weather marked the perfect time to be out and about. This was also the perfect excuse for one to don a pair of sunshades {though the lack of sunshine had not been known to stop Dhruv doing so on occasions}. Having mentioned to Javier some days ago that he was keen on taking one of the boats out at some point, the DADA professor found himself briefly pausing to survey the selection of boats there. They were exactly as he remembered from his own journey as a first year back in 2080. Dearest Merlin! Had it truly been that long?

Shaking his head, once again struck by this reminder, Dhruv headed into the boathouse. One of the life jackets - a blue one - was grabbed. It wasn’t really needed since he was a strong swimmer but what sort of example would he be setting for any student who spotted him out on the Lake? An oar was also selected, and here, Dhruv spent a little longer making a decision as he wanted a sturdy, proper oar. With the jacket tucked under his arm and oar in hand, he marched outside.

The most important item for his little excursion was obviously a boat. Which to pick?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-08-2023, 05:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Professor Khanna!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Bright, sunshiney weather marked the perfect time to be out and about. This was also the perfect excuse for one to don a pair of sunshades {though the lack of sunshine had not been known to stop Dhruv doing so on occasions}. Having mentioned to Javier some days ago that he was keen on taking one of the boats out at some point, the DADA professor found himself briefly pausing to survey the selection of boats there. They were exactly as he remembered from his own journey as a first year back in 2080. Dearest Merlin! Had it truly been that long?

Shaking his head, once again struck by this reminder, Dhruv headed into the boathouse. One of the life jackets - a blue one - was grabbed. It wasn’t really needed since he was a strong swimmer but what sort of example would he be setting for any student who spotted him out on the Lake? An oar was also selected, and here, Dhruv spent a little longer making a decision as he wanted a sturdy, proper oar. With the jacket tucked under his arm and oar in hand, he marched outside.

The most important item for his little excursion was obviously a boat. Which to pick?

The boathouse had become something that just felt so much like their place, that even when there was no necessity be down here (i.e. she and Sable Ileana were NOT plotting), Vera still found her feet took her into the direction. Lately, she found she liked to come down here on her own and think, curling up into the bottom of one of the boats faaaaar down the pier, a blanket wrapped over her and a book in her bag to thumb through. Currently, she had another book giving fashion tips - and she was hoping this author was less of a quack than apparently the other, but no definitive evidence as of yet.

She paused in her page flipping thinking she was hearing some footsteps on the wooden boards, and she considered peaking up to see if it was someone that might be fun to pop out at. But she also found her heart currently not into the scare, so she was running on the belief that perhaps no one would come down this far in the line of boats - there were a ton of other perfectly good ones - so instead she just slunk a liiiiittle more into the wood under her and pulled her blanket up the slightest bit higher.

Incognito mode unlocked.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-08-2023, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Jess/Apollo
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

When Apollo had wanted to meet in the boathouse after classes Bella had agreed without giving it much thought. Now though the dark haired seventh year stood eyeing the life jackets and small boats worrying about the fact that she wasn't a skilled swimmer in case they'd keel over. It could be fun though to row a boat for the first time while getting one-on-one time with her bestie.

Twiddling her thumbs as she waited Bella looked over at the oars wondering which part was supposed to go into the water, and which part she was supposed to hold on to. Hopefully Apollo had the answers and if she fell into the lake her magic would help right?
Old 01-10-2023, 02:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
When Apollo had wanted to meet in the boathouse after classes Bella had agreed without giving it much thought. Now though the dark haired seventh year stood eyeing the life jackets and small boats worrying about the fact that she wasn't a skilled swimmer in case they'd keel over. It could be fun though to row a boat for the first time while getting one-on-one time with her bestie.

Twiddling her thumbs as she waited Bella looked over at the oars wondering which part was supposed to go into the water, and which part she was supposed to hold on to. Hopefully Apollo had the answers and if she fell into the lake her magic would help right?

What Apollo had in mind was maybe kind of strange but also predictable? He hadn't really been too sure of himself when he suggested to meet at the boathouse, only that he had a vague idea that it was a bucket list item for his final year.

"Seven years ago... we took a boat from Hogsmeade to this boathouse... I think it's maybe high time we take the boat out for another ride, no?" He said by way of explanation after seeing her confused expression. "You do know how to row a boat, right Bels?"

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Ehehehe <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

The boathouse had become something that just felt so much like their place, that even when there was no necessity be down here (i.e. she and Sable Ileana were NOT plotting), Vera still found her feet took her into the direction. Lately, she found she liked to come down here on her own and think, curling up into the bottom of one of the boats faaaaar down the pier, a blanket wrapped over her and a book in her bag to thumb through. Currently, she had another book giving fashion tips - and she was hoping this author was less of a quack than apparently the other, but no definitive evidence as of yet.

She paused in her page flipping thinking she was hearing some footsteps on the wooden boards, and she considered peaking up to see if it was someone that might be fun to pop out at. But she also found her heart currently not into the scare, so she was running on the belief that perhaps no one would come down this far in the line of boats - there were a ton of other perfectly good ones - so instead she just slunk a liiiiittle more into the wood under her and pulled her blanket up the slightest bit higher.

Incognito mode unlocked.

Watch out, Vera!

Dhruv was indeed heading further out along the wooden pier, which meant that they were slowly but surely approaching your hiding spot. ‘Slowly’ because they were trying to pick the perfect boat. Not that the ones they saw were bad. It was just that… did boats speak to humans? Sort of like how a wand chose the witch/wizard? Dhruv guessed they was about to find out.

Their feet stopped a few feet from Vera’s boat. Though one could not see it, their brown eyes were squinting through the shades and around in general. It wasn’t long before those eyes honed in on that boat with the lump nestled at the bottom. So much for incognito mode, huh? Dhruv’s first thought? A dark creature was lurking there. Perhaps a boggart.

Woe betide them if it were a boggart! The last thing they wanted right now was the entire Hogwarts finding out their greatest fear. As sneakily and quietly, the lifejacket was set on the pier. With the oar, they reached out to lightly nudge the lump.

Show yourself, creature!

Old 01-11-2023, 04:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
What Apollo had in mind was maybe kind of strange but also predictable? He hadn't really been too sure of himself when he suggested to meet at the boathouse, only that he had a vague idea that it was a bucket list item for his final year.

"Seven years ago... we took a boat from Hogsmeade to this boathouse... I think it's maybe high time we take the boat out for another ride, no?" He said by way of explanation after seeing her confused expression. "You do know how to row a boat, right Bels?"
Bella was still wondering why Apollo wanted to ride a boat but his explanation said it all. He wanted to end the circle so to speak when they had ridden a boat to school in their first year and it was now their final year. Smiling she nodded as she remembered her first boat ride. "It's a nice idea to make a lasting memory. Do you remember what it felt like when we rode that boat to school to be sorted in our first year? I was scared the hat was going to refuse to sort me or worse put me in a house that didn't want me."

Blushing she shook her head in response with her cheeks turning bright red. "No, I've never been on a boat before so you'll have to show me how to row and I'm not the best swimmer either." Neither her parents were fans of water and thus no boat rides for her and few swimming lessons.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: lmao
Quote:

Watch out, Vera!

Dhruv was indeed heading further out along the wooden pier, which meant that they were slowly but surely approaching your hiding spot. ‘Slowly’ because they were trying to pick the perfect boat. Not that the ones they saw were bad. It was just that… did boats speak to humans? Sort of like how a wand chose the witch/wizard? Dhruv guessed they was about to find out.

Their feet stopped a few feet from Vera’s boat. Though one could not see it, their brown eyes were squinting through the shades and around in general. It wasn’t long before those eyes honed in on that boat with the lump nestled at the bottom. So much for incognito mode, huh? Dhruv’s first thought? A dark creature was lurking there. Perhaps a boggart.

Woe betide them if it were a boggart! The last thing they wanted right now was the entire Hogwarts finding out their greatest fear. As sneakily and quietly, the lifejacket was set on the pier. With the oar, they reached out to lightly nudge the lump.

Show yourself, creature!

Vera could hear the footsteps coming closer still, but she was still blindly believing no one would notice her or her boat and take one of the others instead. In truth, there was nothing special about THIS particular boat except it happened to be the farthest from the entrance - which was why she preferred it for her little hide out. So when the feet stopped moving on the wooden pier, she just assumed the person had selected a boat and was gone.

Clearly she didn't consider she didn't hear any movement of an actual boat, but... y'know.

So with the new silence, her body relaxed again under the blanket and she flipped a couple more pages in her book - already thinking she was not fond of this particular author. She was feeling so at ease and alone again, that the gentle prod of the oar was truly unexpected.

Which was probably why it got SUCH a load scream in response.

"AAAAAAH!"

She bolted upright in the boat, flying as far back into it as she could go while the blanket slipped off and pooled where she had been previously. Eyes found the oar stretched out and then traveled up to the face of... Professor Khanna. Uhhhh...oops? "Er.. hello, Professor." She tried to say it as naturally as possible, as if her heart was not still beating a million miles a minute.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-12-2023, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Bella was still wondering why Apollo wanted to ride a boat but his explanation said it all. He wanted to end the circle so to speak when they had ridden a boat to school in their first year and it was now their final year. Smiling she nodded as she remembered her first boat ride. "It's a nice idea to make a lasting memory. Do you remember what it felt like when we rode that boat to school to be sorted in our first year? I was scared the hat was going to refuse to sort me or worse put me in a house that didn't want me."

Blushing she shook her head in response with her cheeks turning bright red. "No, I've never been on a boat before so you'll have to show me how to row and I'm not the best swimmer either." Neither her parents were fans of water and thus no boat rides for her and few swimming lessons.
"It seems like both eternity ago, but also ... like it was yesterday. I feel like so much has happened since then. Who knew that my future head of house would turn out to be an evil incarnate. Or that we'd be battling for our lives that first year." He sighed. Although technically as purebloods, he was never really battling for his life, but that didn't mean he sided with injustice.

He frowned. "except for 7 years ago, you mean." He stared at her confused. "You alright there, Bels?" Although technically they didn't really do any rowing, but they were in the boats.

Old 01-14-2023, 11:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
"It seems like both eternity ago, but also ... like it was yesterday. I feel like so much has happened since then. Who knew that my future head of house would turn out to be an evil incarnate. Or that we'd be battling for our lives that first year." He sighed. Although technically as purebloods, he was never really battling for his life, but that didn't mean he sided with injustice.

He frowned. "except for 7 years ago, you mean." He stared at her confused. "You alright there, Bels?" Although technically they didn't really do any rowing, but they were in the boats.
Shuddering slightly at the memory of the evil incarnation of a professor Bella said "Don't remind me. We've been through quite a bit of happenings with the recent being our powers. To have a swarm of butterflies around was kind of fun at the start, but not by the end. What power did you have?" she wondered because at present it slipped her mind.

To have to battle for her life when she was 11 years old was something Bella was never going to totally forget. "What was that evil professor's name can you remember?" At that time Bella put on and zipped up a lifejacket before facing her bestie again with a small sigh. "I know we've been in a boat before, but I've never rowed one the muggle way. 7 years ago the boats moved by magic."
Old 01-16-2023, 01:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Woops xD
Quote:

Vera could hear the footsteps coming closer still, but she was still blindly believing no one would notice her or her boat and take one of the others instead. In truth, there was nothing special about THIS particular boat except it happened to be the farthest from the entrance - which was why she preferred it for her little hide out. So when the feet stopped moving on the wooden pier, she just assumed the person had selected a boat and was gone.

Clearly she didn't consider she didn't hear any movement of an actual boat, but... y'know.

So with the new silence, her body relaxed again under the blanket and she flipped a couple more pages in her book - already thinking she was not fond of this particular author. She was feeling so at ease and alone again, that the gentle prod of the oar was truly unexpected.

Which was probably why it got SUCH a load scream in response.

"AAAAAAH!"

She bolted upright in the boat, flying as far back into it as she could go while the blanket slipped off and pooled where she had been previously. Eyes found the oar stretched out and then traveled up to the face of... Professor Khanna. Uhhhh...oops? "Er.. hello, Professor." She tried to say it as naturally as possible, as if her heart was not still beating a million miles a minute.

A BANSHEE then????????

In that utterly wild moment, Dhruv’s brain was working overtime to pull up each and every bit of information they knew on the Banshees. The most important being how to handle and have them removed from one’s surroundings. The professor had even managed to grab his wand because let’s face it: there was no Laughing Potion handy. Unless Javier had some stocked up and Dhruv tried to Summon it.

The cover slipped off to reveal a scurrying Vera Thanatos and for one moment, the man was completely as stunned as she was. It took them a beat to register that their wand and oar were still pointing at the girl. “Apologies, Ms. Thanatos. You’re clearly neither a Boggart nor a Banshee.” Even if she sounded like a Banshee. The wand was hastily reholstered while the oar was lowered. Dhruv pushed the pair of shades in place awkwardly. “I… ah. I see I’ve disturbed you. How do I make this right?” Just walk away? Give her ten points to her House? No, the latter was out of the question.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Soz Professor Khanna xD
Quote:

A BANSHEE then????????

In that utterly wild moment, Dhruv’s brain was working overtime to pull up each and every bit of information they knew on the Banshees. The most important being how to handle and have them removed from one’s surroundings. The professor had even managed to grab his wand because let’s face it: there was no Laughing Potion handy. Unless Javier had some stocked up and Dhruv tried to Summon it.

The cover slipped off to reveal a scurrying Vera Thanatos and for one moment, the man was completely as stunned as she was. It took them a beat to register that their wand and oar were still pointing at the girl. “Apologies, Ms. Thanatos. You’re clearly neither a Boggart nor a Banshee.” Even if she sounded like a Banshee. The wand was hastily reholstered while the oar was lowered. Dhruv pushed the pair of shades in place awkwardly. “I… ah. I see I’ve disturbed you. How do I make this right?” Just walk away? Give her ten points to her House? No, the latter was out of the question.

Once the cover had been fully moved away, she could see not only was an oar brandished like a sword but so was Professor Khanna's WAND?! Naturally, scaring any adult was not a great thing to do, but the Defense Against the Dark Arts expert on staff seemed the WORST one to worry. Was Khanna going to turn her into a ferret!? ... actually could they!? that sounded fun. It didn't take long though for both to be not pointed at her anymore so she just... smiled and blinked at the Professor again.

Okay wait, he thought she was something other than a student? While being thought of as a boggart was a bit of an offense to Vera, banshee was something she kind of liked. Granted it wasn't nearly as good as maybe being mistaken as a veela or something but... better than someone's worst FEAR. Although... it would have been interesting to be a boggart and see what their fears WERE. "Is your worst fear students, Professor?" Because honestly, that made sense to her. Make it right? She blinked at them and shook her head, "Nothing to make right, Professor! Technically I scared you too so um... I'm sorry." She didn't seem like she was in trouble though at least so... that was good! "Are you going for a boat ride?"

Old 01-23-2023, 01:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Soz accepted xD
Quote:

Once the cover had been fully moved away, she could see not only was an oar brandished like a sword but so was Professor Khanna's WAND?! Naturally, scaring any adult was not a great thing to do, but the Defense Against the Dark Arts expert on staff seemed the WORST one to worry. Was Khanna going to turn her into a ferret!? ... actually could they!? that sounded fun. It didn't take long though for both to be not pointed at her anymore so she just... smiled and blinked at the Professor again.

Okay wait, he thought she was something other than a student? While being thought of as a boggart was a bit of an offense to Vera, banshee was something she kind of liked. Granted it wasn't nearly as good as maybe being mistaken as a veela or something but... better than someone's worst FEAR. Although... it would have been interesting to be a boggart and see what their fears WERE. "Is your worst fear students, Professor?" Because honestly, that made sense to her. Make it right? She blinked at them and shook her head, "Nothing to make right, Professor! Technically I scared you too so um... I'm sorry." She didn't seem like she was in trouble though at least so... that was good! "Are you going for a boat ride?"

Not unless Vera wanted them to be sacked, then no. Dhruv could not turn her into a ferret, provide her with a wheel to run on {much like a hamster’s} or bounce her around the Boathouse in competition with one Draco Malfoy for the title of ‘The Amazing Bouncing Ferret’. Then just like that, Dhruv felt guilty about pointing their wand - and oar - in her face even more. It was a reflex, that suspicion that always seemed to be lurking at the back of his mind.

Dhruv snorted, deadpanned. “That’s a far and wide guess from what my actual fear is, Ms. Thanatos.” Unfortunately, today was not the day you found out what that fear was, Vera! “Apology accepted. I would like to think we’re even now.” Since they had both given each other a good scare but had said sorry. “I was. “It’s a lovely day to be out and about, don’t you think? As misfortune would have it, I actually selected your boat but I'll see to another one." The lifejacket was grabbed again. They peered over the rim of their shades. “Is there any particular reason you were under thar cover?” Was she hiding from someone?

Old 01-24-2023, 04:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

She was not really looking to have to start getting used to another new DADA Professor, so she supposed she'd have to just live with the disappointment that they would not be transfiguring her into a ferret. What a shame! Professor Khanna need not feel bad about it, she moved on from things fairly quickly.

In fact! She had already all but forgotten, more focused now on what could be the boggart of the instructor before her. "Is it Inferi? Spiders? A full moon?" She didn't have any idea, but she doubted the information would be offered so guessing was the best option. "Professor, if someone's boggart was a boggart, would we then know what it actually looks like?" Could she choose her fear because that would be interesting to see.

She was nearly certain she would be asked to vacate since they'd selected the best boat within the small building, but instantly she was surprised when they offered to find something different. She should have probably been polite and offered to vacate anyways but... She was who she was. "Thank you, Professor!" As for why she'd been there... "Sometimes I like to come down here and think. And thinking really isn't easy to do without the comfort of a blanket." Which was what he covering had been. "I was more reading tonight than thinking but... The blanket statement still stands." Everything was better with some security.

Old 01-27-2023, 04:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Shuddering slightly at the memory of the evil incarnation of a professor Bella said "Don't remind me. We've been through quite a bit of happenings with the recent being our powers. To have a swarm of butterflies around was kind of fun at the start, but not by the end. What power did you have?" she wondered because at present it slipped her mind.

To have to battle for her life when she was 11 years old was something Bella was never going to totally forget. "What was that evil professor's name can you remember?" At that time Bella put on and zipped up a lifejacket before facing her bestie again with a small sigh. "I know we've been in a boat before, but I've never rowed one the muggle way. 7 years ago the boats moved by magic."
Apollo bit his lip. He knew that some of his classmates had been struck by Peeves, but he didn't know if it was good luck or dumb luck that he'd evaded the poltergeist all year. Perhaps being self-absorbed enough to avoid all the gossips was a good thing? Maybe being recognized or remembered for something wasn't all that because it also meant that he was able to avoid Peeves too. "I didn't have a power at all." He said quietly. Was that his gift? Avoiding extraneous powers?

"Rosier. Lucien Rosier." As if he could forget THAT name, even if he wanted to. He sighed. He shook his head at Bella. "Who said anything about use rowing a boat the muggle way? Last I checked we've just been through 6 years of magical education. We're NEWT students now, Connolly." Did getting powers and then having them also taken away affect one's memory? If so, he was even more grateful to not have been on that receiving end.

Old 01-28-2023, 11:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Apollo bit his lip. He knew that some of his classmates had been struck by Peeves, but he didn't know if it was good luck or dumb luck that he'd evaded the poltergeist all year. Perhaps being self-absorbed enough to avoid all the gossips was a good thing? Maybe being recognized or remembered for something wasn't all that because it also meant that he was able to avoid Peeves too. "I didn't have a power at all." He said quietly. Was that his gift? Avoiding extraneous powers?

"Rosier. Lucien Rosier." As if he could forget THAT name, even if he wanted to. He sighed. He shook his head at Bella. "Who said anything about use rowing a boat the muggle way? Last I checked we've just been through 6 years of magical education. We're NEWT students now, Connolly." Did getting powers and then having them also taken away affect one's memory? If so, he was even more grateful to not have been on that receiving end.
"Oh...." Was Bella's automatic reaction and big eyes to Apollo's comment that he infact had not been struck by Peeves the poltergeist at all last year and hadn't had a power. "Sorry, I brought it up. I didn't want to....." She didn't want make him uncomfortable. Or feel hurt in any way...How should they get past the akward moment... Hmm. Then of course Apollo had to say the evil professors name out loud. Stupid her for asking. "Right Rosier..." she mumbled to herself more than to Apllo.

Looking down at the boat and then at her bestie again Bella felt confuzzled to be quite honest. Shaking her head she said getting a little testy now with her bestie. "I know we are NEWT students. I just wondered if the boats when its not feast time will move by magic on their own, or if we have to make the boat move by ourselves?" See a simple question. Getting down into the nearest boat Bella sat down and looked up at Apollo. "Are you coming?"
Old 01-28-2023, 07:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Vera
Quote:
She was not really looking to have to start getting used to another new DADA Professor, so she supposed she'd have to just live with the disappointment that they would not be transfiguring her into a ferret. What a shame! Professor Khanna need not feel bad about it, she moved on from things fairly quickly.

In fact! She had already all but forgotten, more focused now on what could be the boggart of the instructor before her. "Is it Inferi? Spiders? A full moon?" She didn't have any idea, but she doubted the information would be offered so guessing was the best option. "Professor, if someone's boggart was a boggart, would we then know what it actually looks like?" Could she choose her fear because that would be interesting to see.

She was nearly certain she would be asked to vacate since they'd selected the best boat within the small building, but instantly she was surprised when they offered to find something different. She should have probably been polite and offered to vacate anyways but... She was who she was. "Thank you, Professor!" As for why she'd been there... "Sometimes I like to come down here and think. And thinking really isn't easy to do without the comfort of a blanket." Which was what he covering had been. "I was more reading tonight than thinking but... The blanket statement still stands." Everything was better with some security.

Dhruv cracked a mysterious grin. They then proceeded to make that buzzer-like sound one hears on those Muggle game shows when the contestant gets an answer incorrect. “Ooh! Sorry, Ms. Thanatos! Not even close! Zero points for Gryffindor!” There was nothing wrong about sharing their Boggart form, but a man was allowed to keep a few secrets. “Interesting question.” Not one he hadn’t been asked before. “Though there is no concrete evidence, it is thought that a Boggart in its resting shape is a dark blob. In Muggle methodology, they are said to have a small, hairy and ugly look. With at least two suspected natural appearances, who knows if there are more. The point I’m trying to make is that while yes, Boggarts may choose to appear in a form of their choosing but you truly wouldn’t know what they look like, would you?’’

What?! Did Vera think that they were heartless? Think again, Ms. Thanatos! “Not a problem. Hmm. Think I found the perfect one right…” Dhruv cautiously stepped into the boat beside Vera with the lifejacket and oar. “Here.” They’d use magic to cast out when they were ready but for now, they settled their bum comfortably, placed the oar at their feet then got busy with the jacket. “Blankets are very comforting. I find the fluffier it is, the higher the comfort lever. Is there anything I can help with, by the way?” Dhruv was a wealth of knowledge!

Old 02-03-2023, 12:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
"Oh...." Was Bella's automatic reaction and big eyes to Apollo's comment that he infact had not been struck by Peeves the poltergeist at all last year and hadn't had a power. "Sorry, I brought it up. I didn't want to....." She didn't want make him uncomfortable. Or feel hurt in any way...How should they get past the akward moment... Hmm. Then of course Apollo had to say the evil professors name out loud. Stupid her for asking. "Right Rosier..." she mumbled to herself more than to Apllo.

Looking down at the boat and then at her bestie again Bella felt confuzzled to be quite honest. Shaking her head she said getting a little testy now with her bestie. "I know we are NEWT students. I just wondered if the boats when its not feast time will move by magic on their own, or if we have to make the boat move by ourselves?" See a simple question. Getting down into the nearest boat Bella sat down and looked up at Apollo. "Are you coming?"
He smiled quickly after hearing her apology. "Don't apologize. In fact, if anything, i should be the one apologizing to you that you were ... struck." He grinned sheepishly at her.

He looked down at the boat and then to Bella, confused as well. He actually had no idea. But he assumed that they could use magic to make the boat move if it didn't? "I'm not sure. I've never taken a boat out other than when we were first years. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that... we know how to make it move if it doesn't move ---" he trailed off because shortly after she sat down the boat started to move from the dock. Apparently it's movement was triggered by having a body in the seat? "Keep still..." And the seventh year did the only thing he knew which was to take a great leap of faith and jump from the dock into the boat and hope it didn't capsize from his impact. Or that Bella didn't get startled from his jump.

Old 02-04-2023, 02:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Professor Khanna!
Quote:

Dhruv cracked a mysterious grin. They then proceeded to make that buzzer-like sound one hears on those Muggle game shows when the contestant gets an answer incorrect. “Ooh! Sorry, Ms. Thanatos! Not even close! Zero points for Gryffindor!” There was nothing wrong about sharing their Boggart form, but a man was allowed to keep a few secrets. “Interesting question.” Not one he hadn’t been asked before. “Though there is no concrete evidence, it is thought that a Boggart in its resting shape is a dark blob. In Muggle methodology, they are said to have a small, hairy and ugly look. With at least two suspected natural appearances, who knows if there are more. The point I’m trying to make is that while yes, Boggarts may choose to appear in a form of their choosing but you truly wouldn’t know what they look like, would you?’’

What?! Did Vera think that they were heartless? Think again, Ms. Thanatos! “Not a problem. Hmm. Think I found the perfect one right…” Dhruv cautiously stepped into the boat beside Vera with the lifejacket and oar. “Here.” They’d use magic to cast out when they were ready but for now, they settled their bum comfortably, placed the oar at their feet then got busy with the jacket. “Blankets are very comforting. I find the fluffier it is, the higher the comfort lever. Is there anything I can help with, by the way?” Dhruv was a wealth of knowledge!

A smile grin grew on the girl's face at the buzzer like sound, a tiny giggle coming from her lips. "Hm, 3 guesses?" Well uh... 3 more she supposed, considering she had already rapid fire 3 different guesses at the Professor. Ooops. Were those really all wrong? Oh... It was a good point that even if you DID see a boggart in it's natural form, one wouldn't know it. "I think they're the most mysterious of magical creatures." Not because their purpose wasn't very straight forward - or well... mission she guessed? But just because it drove her c r a z y to not know what it's actual appearance was.

To be fair, she didn't know much about Professor Khanna yet to have a firm opinion - though she supposed her assumption came from the fact SHE would still want 'her' boat, or what they had token'd as such. An opinion was forming though, and it was favorable. She smiled at the DADA Professor as they selected the boat next to hers and she grabbed her blanket again to spread it out comfortably over herself. "The level of fluffiness is VERY important, you're right!" She responded seriously, lifting up a corner of her current one. "This is not my most fluffy blanket - because that's saved for sleep - but it is up there. Keeps me warm and comforted out here." Even when it got even chillier. At the question of if they could help with something, Ve paused considering for a moment. There WAS something she wanted to ask an adult about and she had planned on visiting Professor Paton at some point to do so but... there was an adult offering right here and who was to say Khanna wouldn't be just as insightful. Worth a shot, right? "Do you know what it takes for people to fall in love?" Not for herself clearly, she might want compliments and people to fawn over her but she WAS only thirteen.

Old 02-04-2023, 01:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
He smiled quickly after hearing her apology. "Don't apologize. In fact, if anything, i should be the one apologizing to you that you were ... struck." He grinned sheepishly at her.

He looked down at the boat and then to Bella, confused as well. He actually had no idea. But he assumed that they could use magic to make the boat move if it didn't? "I'm not sure. I've never taken a boat out other than when we were first years. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that... we know how to make it move if it doesn't move ---" he trailed off because shortly after she sat down the boat started to move from the dock. Apparently it's movement was triggered by having a body in the seat? "Keep still..." And the seventh year did the only thing he knew which was to take a great leap of faith and jump from the dock into the boat and hope it didn't capsize from his impact. Or that Bella didn't get startled from his jump.
Erm? This was so confuzzling. Apollo was now suddenly apologizing to her for being struck with a power. Could they stop apologizing already? "Just forget it okay?" If not she'd get a headache she betted her best chocolate frog card on in a matter of minutes. Bella was about to reply to Apollo when the boat she was now sitting in began to move from the dock on its own by magic without her bestie being in it. "Why?" she called back. Too late it dawned on her what Apollo was doing as she watched him take a giant leap from the dock, and down into the boat that because of the heavy impact was rocked off kilter and in a matter of seconds they were both thrown into the dark lake water. There had been no time for her to prepare herself for the impact a seventh year boy maked in a small boat. The boat had capsized. When she finally broke the lake surface, spitting out water as she did so Bella called out frantically as she her eyes darted around panic rising mixed with shock. "Apollo? Apollo, where are you?"
Old 02-11-2023, 04:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Vera
Quote:

A smile grin grew on the girl's face at the buzzer like sound, a tiny giggle coming from her lips. "Hm, 3 guesses?" Well uh... 3 more she supposed, considering she had already rapid fire 3 different guesses at the Professor. Ooops. Were those really all wrong? Oh... It was a good point that even if you DID see a boggart in it's natural form, one wouldn't know it. "I think they're the most mysterious of magical creatures." Not because their purpose wasn't very straight forward - or well... mission she guessed? But just because it drove her c r a z y to not know what it's actual appearance was.

To be fair, she didn't know much about Professor Khanna yet to have a firm opinion - though she supposed her assumption came from the fact SHE would still want 'her' boat, or what they had token'd as such. An opinion was forming though, and it was favorable. She smiled at the DADA Professor as they selected the boat next to hers and she grabbed her blanket again to spread it out comfortably over herself. "The level of fluffiness is VERY important, you're right!" She responded seriously, lifting up a corner of her current one. "This is not my most fluffy blanket - because that's saved for sleep - but it is up there. Keeps me warm and comforted out here." Even when it got even chillier. At the question of if they could help with something, Ve paused considering for a moment. There WAS something she wanted to ask an adult about and she had planned on visiting Professor Paton at some point to do so but... there was an adult offering right here and who was to say Khanna wouldn't be just as insightful. Worth a shot, right? "Do you know what it takes for people to fall in love?" Not for herself clearly, she might want compliments and people to fawn over her but she WAS only thirteen.

Yes, three more, they supposed. If Vera had managed to hit upon their Boggart, they would have been honest about it. Though… there were few that knew them well enough to deduce the Boggart form. “Oh, they are but only if you’re mainly concerned about their actual physical appearance. We do know quite a bit about them in other aspects.” Hmm… a lesson on Boggarts at some point was bound to happen. Already Dhruv’s scheming mind was on Hogwarts curriculum and possible activities to accompany the lesson.

It was rather a comfortable boat. Dhruv found themself reminiscing their first and seventh year boat rides to and from the Castle respectively. Such good times. The jacket was now securely on and when they peered over at Vera, they saw she was happily and snuggly paired with the blanket again. “You have blankets for different activities, then? That makes sense. The fluffiest blanket wouldn’t do much good out here since its warm.’’ It would only result in making one melt in such weather.

Ah. Young love. They instantly thought of a certain long haired professional duelist. “Being yourself. If you want someone to love you, then you need to be you. As long as you aren’t hurting anyone with your personality or habits, they’ll love you whether it's in friendship or romantic love.” They were curious about the question but was not about to pry. “It’s the same vice versa. You fall for the other person’s kindness, the way they’re passionate about something that lights up their soul…” Did Vera understand this?

Old 02-12-2023, 11:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Hmm, okay three more chances. Vera thought about it for a moment, trying to consider what else could be REALLY scary. "Fire? Uh... the world being completely depleted of chocolate? Rollerskating?" The last one was probably a stretch but the first two COULD be very scary. "Well, sure we do know a lot buttttt I want to know the part of what they really look like. Appearance is important!" Was she turning into quite the vain smol child? Absolutely. Vasco had the brain, so she had to figure something she could contribute to the world.

The amount of blankets she had hiding up in her dorm room was probably obscene, but it made for really great blanket forts - either in dorm or commons - so she was fine with it. "I do! I have this one for coming out into the boat, the fluffiest for bed time, a thin blanket for curling up close to the fire", so that she didn't overheat obviously. "And then I have this one that I honestly don't like very much that's for picnics. That way if there are any burrs or something in the ground, it doesn't really matter." She had very well thought out her blanket rotation.

She felt like she should be taking notes as Professor Khanna answered, for future reference. And yet... the answer didn't really help her with her current dilemma because it wasn't HER she wanted someone to love. Though at the same time, Papa was the most genuine and lovable person in existence so... the 'being yourself' part would probably by okay? But how did she also make Papa fall for someone? She just really, really did not want for him to be alone - but she also selfishly did not want to home school. She wanted to go to school WITH Vesper next term and show her all the sights and protect her and and ALL the things. But.... "Well... what about if you were trying to play matchmaker for someone?"

Old 02-17-2023, 12:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Vera! <3
Quote:
Hmm, okay three more chances. Vera thought about it for a moment, trying to consider what else could be REALLY scary. "Fire? Uh... the world being completely depleted of chocolate? Rollerskating?" The last one was probably a stretch but the first two COULD be very scary. "Well, sure we do know a lot buttttt I want to know the part of what they really look like. Appearance is important!" Was she turning into quite the vain smol child? Absolutely. Vasco had the brain, so she had to figure something she could contribute to the world.

The amount of blankets she had hiding up in her dorm room was probably obscene, but it made for really great blanket forts - either in dorm or commons - so she was fine with it. "I do! I have this one for coming out into the boat, the fluffiest for bed time, a thin blanket for curling up close to the fire", so that she didn't overheat obviously. "And then I have this one that I honestly don't like very much that's for picnics. That way if there are any burrs or something in the ground, it doesn't really matter." She had very well thought out her blanket rotation.

She felt like she should be taking notes as Professor Khanna answered, for future reference. And yet... the answer didn't really help her with her current dilemma because it wasn't HER she wanted someone to love. Though at the same time, Papa was the most genuine and lovable person in existence so... the 'being yourself' part would probably by okay? But how did she also make Papa fall for someone? She just really, really did not want for him to be alone - but she also selfishly did not want to home school. She wanted to go to school WITH Vesper next term and show her all the sights and protect her and and ALL the things. But.... "Well... what about if you were trying to play matchmaker for someone?"

Dhruv was only too happy to make the buzzer noise again, just because it was helluva fun. “Sorry, Ms. Thanatos! None of those are correct and it seems that you are out of guesses now.” Their secret {it really wasn’t a secret to those who knew him long enough} would remain that way for now. Perhaps some other day the Gryffindor would figure it out. “Isn’t a fraction of mystery a good thing? It keeps one interested in the thing itself.” This may be their opinion but they liked hearing wha their students had to say. “Do you reckon you’d have been as interested in Boggarts had you known what they truly looked like?”

The professor multi-tasked by dipping the oar into the water and peering into the murky depths below {as though hoping to spot a grindylow, merpeople or old Bartholomew} and listening to Vera. There was an almighty chuckle from them upon hearing all about the blankets, this bit of the conversation which thoroughly entertained them. “Then we can deduce that gifting you blankets will never be a wrong choice.” It was nice to know these little facts about students. “You’ll need one for late night studies in the library in a few years.” Just putting that out there, Vera!

The question was considered. “Are the persons you want to play matchmaker for interested in dating? Because both parties being ready is important. If they are, I suggest you find mutual passions between the two, be it hobbies or movies, music… that sort of thing. That will get conversations going and can also help you in deciding where they might want to go together for their first date.”

Old 02-25-2023, 06:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

She considered pouting and asking for even more guesses and yet... even Vera would need to admit when she had lost the battle. Because she had zero other potential guesses, there were just TOO many options for fears. Mystery created interest????? She considered Professor Khanna's question, her hand going let her chin rest on it as she thought. Would she? "Well.... I mean, their power to turn into anything IS pretty cool so maybe I would still. Mainly because even if we knew what a boggart looks like, it's ability could still give information on other people and things we don't know about them!" If there was a boggart here, she wouldn't need to guess for Khanna's fear would she? "But at the same time unless one was physically in front of me, I probably wouldn't spare it much thought."

She nodded in complete agreement, blankets WERE always a good choice. "There's always a new reason to be found for a blanket." Like she could keep one in her backpack for colder classes, or maybe something in an overnight bag for over summers when she went to Sia's or someone's house. The uses for blankets were ENDLESS. At his suggestion for a use though, her nose crinkled slightly and she shook her head. "Probably not. I don't study. I should be able to learn everything I need for the OWLs in classes, right?" So theoretically if she paid attention in class, she could pass exams later.

If only she did that too.

Their question was puzzling because... considering there was not any specific individual FOR Papa, it did beg the question of would he even want to date again period??? She hadn't asked him. But if she DID she could almost hear him now 'you kids are enough' blah blah blah. Sweet in sentiment, but the problem was the kids would all be GONE next year. "Well... there's only one party so far. I wanted to find someone FOR him. But those are good suggestions - I should just find someone who also has common interests!" Maybe someone else with kids? No, she didn't want any other siblings. Someone who loved chocolate? That could work.

Old 02-26-2023, 12:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Little Miss Does Not Study! <3
Quote:
She considered pouting and asking for even more guesses and yet... even Vera would need to admit when she had lost the battle. Because she had zero other potential guesses, there were just TOO many options for fears. Mystery created interest????? She considered Professor Khanna's question, her hand going let her chin rest on it as she thought. Would she? "Well.... I mean, their power to turn into anything IS pretty cool so maybe I would still. Mainly because even if we knew what a boggart looks like, it's ability could still give information on other people and things we don't know about them!" If there was a boggart here, she wouldn't need to guess for Khanna's fear would she? "But at the same time unless one was physically in front of me, I probably wouldn't spare it much thought."

She nodded in complete agreement, blankets WERE always a good choice. "There's always a new reason to be found for a blanket." Like she could keep one in her backpack for colder classes, or maybe something in an overnight bag for over summers when she went to Sia's or someone's house. The uses for blankets were ENDLESS. At his suggestion for a use though, her nose crinkled slightly and she shook her head. "Probably not. I don't study. I should be able to learn everything I need for the OWLs in classes, right?" So theoretically if she paid attention in class, she could pass exams later.

If only she did that too.

Their question was puzzling because... considering there was not any specific individual FOR Papa, it did beg the question of would he even want to date again period??? She hadn't asked him. But if she DID she could almost hear him now 'you kids are enough' blah blah blah. Sweet in sentiment, but the problem was the kids would all be GONE next year. "Well... there's only one party so far. I wanted to find someone FOR him. But those are good suggestions - I should just find someone who also has common interests!" Maybe someone else with kids? No, she didn't want any other siblings. Someone who loved chocolate? That could work.

Dhruv considered Vera’s words. Did she understand that each told them a great deal about her? Like Vera probably enjoyed knowing those she came in contact with in great detail. “There are reasons some like to keep parts of themselves hidden away, Ms. Thanatos,’’ they remarked with gentleness. “I find it quite easier for others to confide in you when they are ready to. It’s a much simpler way to get to know them. Not to mention, you can learn more than just their fears.” They grinned. “Look out for a Boggart lesson sometime. I think you’ll be doing a lot of thinking about it during that time.”

The DADA professor too thought that there was always a new reason for blankets. Though, he wasn’t as obsessed with them beyond using them for warmth on cold days or nights when curled up with a good book. They had never known someone to be obsessed with blankets as Vera. Dhruv’s eyebrows shot up inquisitively. “You would, yes. But would you remember five years of curriculum for OWLs? Seven for NEWTs?” Think about it, Vera.

One party was the starting point. Dhruv understood that Vera was on the hunt for someone else. “It doesn’t have to be much in terms of a common interest. Just one shared interest is enough to spark a lengthy conversation.” They smiled. “I wish you all the best with your mission. Let me know when you’ve made progress, or even if you get stuck. I’ll be happy to help some more.” Saying so, Dhruv pushed off the boat slightly with a tap of their wand to give the boat a little kick. They’d have no trouble rowing out further. “See you around, Ms. Thanatos. Enjoy your book and blanket.” They also threw her a wave as the boat slowly glided away from the dock.