sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1076 users online including...
Svetlmnv , Kimothy , natethegreat , duerieple

6 members
1070 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Middle Levels > Level Four

Level Four Department of Ecological Regulation and Protection

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 06-02-2021, 11:15 AM

Default Pets 'n' Plants Café

Pets 'n' Plants Café

Tucked away in a corner behind the conference room and right at the entrance of level four, you'll find a door leading you to one of the newest hang-out spots that the Ministry of Magic has to offer. If you wander inside, you'll see that what used to be a storage room has since been transformed into a hip café, complete with all the regular bells and whistles: square tables, comfortable chairs, & coffee-shop chatter. While there isn't a counter to order yourself a drink, there's an espresso machine, an assortment of teas, and a kettle filled with hot water along the back wall. You're encouraged to bring your own food and drink, but are asked to stay away from one-time use, plastic crockery (unless you want an Ecological employee hunting you down).

Did someone just touch your leg or are you imagining things?

It may be worthwhile to mention that this isn't just any café. This is a creature and plant adoption café! Small, rescued creatures (crups, kneazles, you name it!) who are in need of a loving home are walking around, curling up around your feet, and asking you for a nibble to eat! Please treat the creatures with care and be sure to give them some of your love and affection. If you find one you like, stop by the level four department head's office to fill out the paperwork and make a furever friend. Not a pet person? Not a problem. There are plenty of plants hanging around too. Feel free to take one, or two, or however many you can hold! The procedure is the same for both creatures and plants alike! If you can't have a pet at home because of allergies, maybe the next best thing is the newly added stuffed toy assortment of plushie hoo-hoos, kneazles, crups, ferrets and numerous other creatures will be a perfect gift for yourself or a loved one.

Oh, and cheers!

C-.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Funny thing about that espresso machine was that, well, he didn't know how to use it. Jordan was eyeing up the thing, contemplating to just push a random assortment of buttons and hope for the best. So, the approaching presence of the part-Kneazle and the man in the room was more than welcome. If anything, it would buy him some time to figure out how to use the contraption.

"Hi there, kitty, kitty, kitty," he cooed, kneeling down and holding out a hand for the furball to smell, lick, whatever it needed to do.

His eyes darted over to the man, who apparently was called Darej Patterson and had a way more important role than he did. Enforcement Division Head was surely higher up in paygrade than personal assistant. But Jordan was good at playing it cool. Clearly.

"Hicks. Jordan Hicks. New personal assistant for Ms. Marshall," he responded. "So far things are going good here." Definitely way better than how things were not that long ago in New York. He hadn't gotten into any trouble on this side of the pond, and he still had a job. So, yes, things were going rather well. "Still trying to get the hang of things though, but I'm doing alright."

Butter seemed all but fine with the younger adult man in front of him. He smelled alright and was friendly giving them a hand. It made Butter approach closer for some nice petting before circling his legs. Darej had a small smile, "He really likes you, do you have many pets?" Seeing how second-nature it appeared.

"Nice meeting you, Jordan," Darej replied. He seemed to share an optimistic view on things, "Well, I'm sure she'll help get you more squared on things. But I can help with certain things if you ask." Keyword on certain things, he was helpful but not quite the type to bend over backwards, especially ones he just met. It was part of the courtesy. Speaking of questions though, "Say, do you happen to be American or Irish perhaps?" There was something in his accent that got him curious, since he himself had a mix of an accent from living abroad.

Last edited by Charely Potter; 03-08-2022 at 01:03 AM.
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

The part-Kneazle did seem to really like him, didn't it? Butter for sure liked him significantly better than the espresso machine that still wasn't cooperating well with him. Feeling the part-Kneazle circling his legs, Jordan bent over to give the little thing some ear scratches.

"No pets at the moment. One day though," he responded to Darej, taking another look at the man. "Just myself right now." He had to get a grip on his own life before he took on the responsibility of a pet. Right now the apartment he had was not an ideal situation. All in good time though, once he saved up enough galleons for a better location.

"Certain things?" Jordan repeated, the gears in his mind churning. That was an interesting way of putting it. He was curious about what exactly Darej Patterson, Enforcement Division Head for the Department of Ecological Regulation and Protection, meant about that. "How about this espresso machine?" A chuckle left his mouth as he resumed standing upright and gave the machine a random tap with his finger.

"American," he added quickly, mostly to cover up his disappointment with the machine still doing nothing. "From New York."

Last edited by Zoe; 03-09-2022 at 03:44 AM.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Ah, a bachelor. Darej deduced, from his own experiences. Jordan looked young enough and was nearly hired. Likely straight from schooling and experiencing his own. "I see," Nodding in understanding. He wasn't expecting him to ask about his own personal life. Butter meanwhile very much enjoyed the scratches, giving some purrs before doing the flop for more. He loved being spoiled.

Now this made him laugh, it was not quite the help he was expected to be asked of. But it was fine, "Well, luckily that is one of the ways I can help." Darej answered. "Just give it a few taps on the top and think about what you want from it." Then it could deliver. Waiting to see if it was a success with him before he added, "Other ways I can help is if you decide you need more company at your place with one of the cats in here." Adoption. He had the hook up.

"Interesting," Darej said. He had yet to spend time in the Americas, despite some distant relatives in that region. "I'm guessing you arrived for a change of scenery?" That was one of the reasons that lead him to move back.

Last edited by Charely Potter; 03-14-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

He certainly was living the bachelor life. Though he was sure that would've been a lot easier to do in Britain if he wasn't living on his own or at least had arrived with some connections. Jordan anticipated things would be rough for the first few months, and he was scrapping by just fine so far. He had a place to sleep, food to eat, a job to go to -- the essentials. There really wasn't much to complain about in that regard.

A pet would be a nice addition, he had to admit. Especially if said pet was as adorable as Butter was being right now. A smile grew on the American's face at the sight of the flopped over part-Kneazle. Naturally, he couldn't resist petting the furball.

The pets carried on until information about the espresso machine was shared. He nodded in response, and gave another nod at the suggestion of adopting one of the cats. The personal assistant gave the room a look over, taking in all the options -- kneazle, crup, plants. He had plenty of plants for reasons, though a kneazle or two and even a crup would be nice additions. One day, of course.

"Noted. I'll let you know when I'm ready to make an addition or two," he told Darej before stalling a bit, busying himself with the machine, before he answered the man's question. "Yeah, change of scenery. New York and Ilvermorny is all I've ever really known, so figured somewhere new would be a nice change." And get him far enough away from certain beings in New York. "How long have you been here at the Ministry?"

Old 04-21-2022, 05:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Now that she and her department had cleared the artifacts she had recovered from any harmful or dark magic cast upon them, Kendra brought the conch shell down to Level Four for cataloguing. It was a lucky coincidence that Adam had stopped in during her examinations so that she could pass the trident off to him to take all the way to Level Nine, but DERP was just a floor away so she wouldn't mind the short walk herself.

As she found her way to Level Four, Kendra grew more and more aware of how... dry she felt. Maybe she was just thirsty as her mouth and throat felt very dry, but it seemed more than that. Her skin felt dry too.

She had intended to go to the department head's office to drop off the conch shell, though probably any DERP employee would do, but she had such an overwhelming urge for water by the time she got to that floor that she headed for the nearest break room. And the Pets n Plants Café is where she happened to end up.

Kendra wasn't exactly a fan of cats, but she ignored them as she made her way inside the room. Absently, she set the conch shell down on one of the tables and headed straight for the sink. She turned on the faucet, letting the water run, as she reached for a glass from the cabinet. Once she filled the glass, Kendra eagerly guzzled it down, forgetting that the tap was still running. That really hit the spot.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Now that she and her department had cleared the artifacts she had recovered from any harmful or dark magic cast upon them, Kendra brought the conch shell down to Level Four for cataloguing. It was a lucky coincidence that Adam had stopped in during her examinations so that she could pass the trident off to him to take all the way to Level Nine, but DERP was just a floor away so she wouldn't mind the short walk herself.

As she found her way to Level Four, Kendra grew more and more aware of how... dry she felt. Maybe she was just thirsty as her mouth and throat felt very dry, but it seemed more than that. Her skin felt dry too.

She had intended to go to the department head's office to drop off the conch shell, though probably any DERP employee would do, but she had such an overwhelming urge for water by the time she got to that floor that she headed for the nearest break room. And the Pets n Plants Café is where she happened to end up.

Kendra wasn't exactly a fan of cats, but she ignored them as she made her way inside the room. Absently, she set the conch shell down on one of the tables and headed straight for the sink. She turned on the faucet, letting the water run, as she reached for a glass from the cabinet. Once she filled the glass, Kendra eagerly guzzled it down, forgetting that the tap was still running. That really hit the spot.

Tia had been quite busy lately with some assignments that led her mostly off-site. Which she didn't mind, but today was a rare day that she was actually in the ministry and whenever here she loved doing her work in this cafe. She wasn't able to have pets of her own (yet), so there was something comforting when a feline brushed up against her leg.

But ... Uh someone from another floor here? Drinking their water

"you're ... The water is still running. Are you okay?" concern washed over her face, both for the environment and for the woman.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:39 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

That water might have been really refreshing, but it wasn't quite enough. Kendra still felt so dry. She splashed some of the water from the running tap onto her face, not noticing the clatter to the floor as one of the resident cats knocked the conch shell off the table.

She was just about to refill her glass again when she heard a voice behind her causing her to turn around. Kendra vaguely recognized her from when she was here before as the Transportation head, but considering this woman wasn't one of her employees from either department, she didn't really know her and assumed she worked on this floor.

"Hmm? Oh.. oh yes, I'm fine," she confirmed, giving the woman a reassuring smile. "I just needed a drink." She started humming along to the music in her head, though she wasn't aware that it was only in her head. Surely there was music piped into the café or maybe there was a radio somewhere. "Such a beautiful melody," she commented before turning to refill her glass.

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 05-03-2022, 10:12 PM   #33 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default oops. we missed that you replied XD
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
That water might have been really refreshing, but it wasn't quite enough. Kendra still felt so dry. She splashed some of the water from the running tap onto her face, not noticing the clatter to the floor as one of the resident cats knocked the conch shell off the table.

She was just about to refill her glass again when she heard a voice behind her causing her to turn around. Kendra vaguely recognized her from when she was here before as the Transportation head, but considering this woman wasn't one of her employees from either department, she didn't really know her and assumed she worked on this floor.

"Hmm? Oh.. oh yes, I'm fine," she confirmed, giving the woman a reassuring smile. "I just needed a drink." She started humming along to the music in her head, though she wasn't aware that it was only in her head. Surely there was music piped into the café or maybe there was a radio somewhere. "Such a beautiful melody," she commented before turning to refill her glass.
Weirdly Tia wasn't even bothered by the cat and the conch clattering to the floor. She was more confused about why this woman - nay, department head, as recognition dawned upon her - was here? Although then again it wasn't as if it was a private cafe. It was just strange nonetheless to see someone not from level four here.

"Oh, i see." She tilted her head in confusion at the next comment, figuring to ignore it when the woman proceeded to refill her glass again. "I ... don't hear anything." She pressed her lips together to try to strain to listen, frowning. Was she going deaf? Too many loud creatures cause her to lose her hearing?

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Weirdly Tia wasn't even bothered by the cat and the conch clattering to the floor. She was more confused about why this woman - nay, department head, as recognition dawned upon her - was here? Although then again it wasn't as if it was a private cafe. It was just strange nonetheless to see someone not from level four here.

"Oh, i see." She tilted her head in confusion at the next comment, figuring to ignore it when the woman proceeded to refill her glass again. "I ... don't hear anything." She pressed her lips together to try to strain to listen, frowning. Was she going deaf? Too many loud creatures cause her to lose her hearing?
Kendra would certainly think nothing of being here as it wasn't a private café and employees from all levels were welcome here to relax or even adopt the pets. And she, as a department head, visited many levels on official business, so it shouldn't ever be strange to see her around. But none of that was currently her concern anyway as she was focused mainly on the beautiful music she started humming along to, and the thirst that was creeping up on her again.

Kendra only stopped humming to drink her glass of water and she drank it quickly as if she hadn't had a drink in three days. Such delicious water! "No?" Kendra turned her attention back to Tia again. "It's so beautiful. Maybe turn up the radio, you really must hear it." Certainly there was a dial around her somewhere, or the other woman could use her wand to turn up the sound. But Merlin, it was so beautiful, everyone must hear it.

"I really should be going," she mentioned breezily as she started towards the door, humming the melody again. There was something she came down here to do, something very important... now what was it again?

Old 02-24-2023, 02:46 AM   #35 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Sometimes exercising just didn't cut it and Lisa found herself in need of a nice cup of tea to relax. After all, one could only sign so many forms before the day started to....drag on. Especially at this time of year when she had to skip her usual lunchtime stroll to the park due to rain or snow, she found that a quick walk up or down stairs and a few pats of a kneazle really helped the days go faster.

Lisa cooed at a crup that followed her from the doorway to the kettle, and squatted down to murmur baby talk to it and scratch behind its ears while her water boiled.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Default Oh, hey! :D

Several trips from the café to the greenhouses and back again had been made today. With Sookie not currently needing him for personal assistant matters, he busied himself with his hybrid plant assignment for university. Needless to say, the task needed a lot of mental focus and careful movement, and the only thing that was helping maintain such attention to detail was one espresso after another.

Just how many espressos had he consumed already? The assistant had lost count. But, whatever number of cups he was on, another was going to be added to that steadily increasing total.

After entering the room, instantly greeted by some of the crups that were quite used to and had taken a liking to him, he slowly meandered over to the espresso machine. When he realized that he was not alone in the café, Jordan did a double take. It wasn't every day that the department head of Games and Sports was up on level four.

"Hello, Ms. Gerst," he addressed the woman while fiddling with the machine. "Taking a break from level seven?"

Old 04-14-2023, 02:37 AM   #37 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Several trips from the café to the greenhouses and back again had been made today. With Sookie not currently needing him for personal assistant matters, he busied himself with his hybrid plant assignment for university. Needless to say, the task needed a lot of mental focus and careful movement, and the only thing that was helping maintain such attention to detail was one espresso after another.

Just how many espressos had he consumed already? The assistant had lost count. But, whatever number of cups he was on, another was going to be added to that steadily increasing total.

After entering the room, instantly greeted by some of the crups that were quite used to and had taken a liking to him, he slowly meandered over to the espresso machine. When he realized that he was not alone in the café, Jordan did a double take. It wasn't every day that the department head of Games and Sports was up on level four.

"Hello, Ms. Gerst," he addressed the woman while fiddling with the machine. "Taking a break from level seven?"
Lisa straightened up from petting the crup with an ease she owed to years of stretching and yoga. "Hello," she said, trying to remember the young man's name. She poured some water from the now-boiling kettle into her tea cup. "A break, yes. I find stretching my legs and getting a change of scenery an absolutely required daily task," she added. He worked on level four, she was fairly certain. Now if she could only pin down a name...

"It must be a pleasant environment to have the crups and plants so near to your work area," she mused. Testing her hypothesis that he worked on this level, one might say.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

The espresso machine was always a challenge. It was a touchy piece of equipment, and it only became more of a task when a few crups or kneazles felt that need to demand his attention. A pair of kneazles were at his ankles, rubbing themselves against him and mewing. After a few more button pushes and the machine whirring, he kneeled down to pet them.

He carried on with the petting as the department head spoke. Jordan's head nodded, understanding the necessity for a good leg stretch and a change of scenery. Though he was just a personal assistant, he was sure the Games and Sports department head really needed a break from things every now and then, especially with the World Cup planning surely being high on the to-do list.

"It is. I will admit to spending more of my time with the plants, when Ms. Baek doesn't need me for assistant things of course," he replied to her. "How are things going in Games and Sports? I imagine you all are busier than usual these days?"

Old 04-15-2023, 04:43 PM   #39 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
The espresso machine was always a challenge. It was a touchy piece of equipment, and it only became more of a task when a few crups or kneazles felt that need to demand his attention. A pair of kneazles were at his ankles, rubbing themselves against him and mewing. After a few more button pushes and the machine whirring, he kneeled down to pet them.

He carried on with the petting as the department head spoke. Jordan's head nodded, understanding the necessity for a good leg stretch and a change of scenery. Though he was just a personal assistant, he was sure the Games and Sports department head really needed a break from things every now and then, especially with the World Cup planning surely being high on the to-do list.

"It is. I will admit to spending more of my time with the plants, when Ms. Baek doesn't need me for assistant things of course," he replied to her. "How are things going in Games and Sports? I imagine you all are busier than usual these days?"
Thinking her tea was ready for consuming, Lisa took a sip and winced as she burnt her tongue. That was too hot. She listened intently as the young man explained that he only took breaks when he wasn't too busy. As he mentioned being Sookie's assistant, Lisa realized she might actually know his name. It was something with a J. Joseph maybe? No, he didn't seem like a Joseph.

"Things are manageable," she said lightly. "The Quidditch division is usually on top of things when it comes to international matches, though there is some missed training to coordinate for our players who are traveling to Uganda this summer." Really, the impact of professional Quidditch players traveling in the summer had more of an impact on the youth leagues than the professional leagues. "There are fewer pros available for mentoring our under-17 players, of course, but the league is big enough I don't think the children notice." Well, maybe a few of the brighter and older children noticed, but she doubted they'd begrudge the adults going to represent their countries.

And it was really bothering her that she couldn't remember this lad's name. She didn't want to call him by the wrong name. She supposed it couldn't hurt to ask. "And I'm terribly sorry, young man, but could you remind me what your name is? I'm afraid my memory isn't what it once was." Which was a lie, as her memory was excellent, but she'd found using it was an excuse people usually accepted with patience.
Old 04-29-2023, 02:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

More kneazle petting continued as he listened to the department head speak about the latest happenings in her department. Jordan had to admit that he wasn't one that kept up with sports all that well. As an American, his preference was toward Quodpot, not that he had really paid much attention to that game either. He typically kept to his plants and brews.

"Sounds like you all have a good handle on things," the assistant replied, standing upright again now that the machine had dinged, a sign that his beverage of choice was ready and piping hot. He added a bit of sugar and some cream as he added, "As long as they're still getting to play, I don't think the kids'll pay much notice." He knew he didn't notice a whole lot in general when he was an adolescent. Such a statement was still true about him today when it came to a lot of things.

The request for his name was not something that he was annoyed by. Normally he would have chalked it up to age, but, in his mind, he figured that she had more important things to keep at the forefront of her mind. She was a department head, after all. He knew, considering his professional relationship with his own, that they had a lot on their plates. "Hicks. Jordan Hicks."