sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1141 users online including...
LindaBlulp , Evaxzf , Shawnxfb , FlixexNit

5 members
1136 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-05-2018, 11:40 AM

Default Great Lake

Located just south of the castle is a large body of water known as the Great Lake or the Black Lake. This is where the first years encounter the school for the first time when the Groundskeeper takes them there by boat. After seven years they will leave the castle, their individual house and their home behind as they sail back across the Great Lake to embark on new adventures.

If you decide to dip your toes in the water, be careful of the many magical creatures inhibiting the lake that might mistake a little student’s toe for a tasty treat. For in the Great Lake lives everything from merpeople to grindylows. Bartholomew Henry, the Giant Squid, however is not interested in nibbling on toes, but would much rather have someone tickle his tentacles while he soaks up some sun.

Why don’t you follow his lead and do the same? Do some homework in the sun heated grass, take that well deserved nap before Ancient Runes or catch up on that reading. Enjoy your time at the Great Lake!
Old 03-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
Default Isla
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

Having successfully managed to make some kind of carriage/stroller whatever you wish to call it for their baby. Blake and Isla had made their way through the castle out onto the grounds. Fresh air would do them all good right??? Maybe it would help both of them to feel a little less ..... blah... about finishing this assignment. They couldn't give up now ... they both needed the grade after all. "Do you want to walk around the lake .. or just set up a pick nick here? I brought some snacks for us." Blake added pulling out some chips and couple pumpkin pasties.

You are Honey!
Old 03-13-2020, 02:49 AM   #27 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Having successfully managed to make some kind of carriage/stroller whatever you wish to call it for their baby. Blake and Isla had made their way through the castle out onto the grounds. Fresh air would do them all good right??? Maybe it would help both of them to feel a little less ..... blah... about finishing this assignment. They couldn't give up now ... they both needed the grade after all. "Do you want to walk around the lake .. or just set up a pick nick here? I brought some snacks for us." Blake added pulling out some chips and couple pumpkin pasties.
As she walked out onto the groups of the castle, Isla began to feel somewhat better. The weather was really nice, and for once, Ellie wasn't screaming at the top of her lungs or releasing an extremely smelly diaper. The baby actually seemed content for a while. Good. Maybe 'Mom and Dad' could enjoy their day out!

"You brought along snacks? That was so nice of you," she said, giving her 'husband' a smile. "Thanks, Blake! Maybe we can do both. We can take a picnic and then a little walk. Whatever we're doing right now, we're doing the right thing." She gestured toward Ellie. "She's perfectly quiet!" For once.

The newly-turned twelve year old came to a stop beside a nice little shaded area. "What about here?" she asked. Ohh, pumpkin pasties! Yumm!
Old 03-13-2020, 06:58 AM   #28 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Jó was glad that Stella seemed happy to see him, although admittedly he probably wouldn't have noticed if she'd felt otherwise. Her response did make him frown though, the confusion creasing his forehead dramatically. "Not laying down? What does that mean?" Was now the time to admit that he didn't actually have any idea what he was referencing? To tell her that he'd just heard a lot of people say that phrase and decided that it sounded interesting?

No. Now was not the moment to admit that Józef Kowalski had actually not seen the Titanic. Nor had he heard of the film he was referencing. Uncultured? Yes. Unabashed? Also yes.

"Remember to make me look as good as I do in person."
It was obvious that he didn't know what she was talking about, how could he not see Titanic? It was like one of the best romace movies ever! Although he probably wasn't much into romance and chicks flicks as her brothers called them. At least Phoenix did, Leo didn't seem to mind it at all, but Leo wasn't like other guys.

"That line comes from a muggle movie called Titanic. " she explained simply. That was the only thing she could say without going into too much detail about the movie. "Honestly one of my favorite muggle movies. " Although maybe she was just a girl who loved movies like that.

Laughing Stella shook her head. " Don't worry this will be so good the portraits will be jealous of it!"
Old 03-14-2020, 10:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
It was obvious that he didn't know what she was talking about, how could he not see Titanic? It was like one of the best romace movies ever! Although he probably wasn't much into romance and chicks flicks as her brothers called them. At least Phoenix did, Leo didn't seem to mind it at all, but Leo wasn't like other guys.

"That line comes from a muggle movie called Titanic. " she explained simply. That was the only thing she could say without going into too much detail about the movie. "Honestly one of my favorite muggle movies. " Although maybe she was just a girl who loved movies like that.

Laughing Stella shook her head. " Don't worry this will be so good the portraits will be jealous of it!"
Titanic, right. "Guess I'll have to watch it, then," Józef said with a nod, although it was unlikely that he would remember the name of the film, let alone get around to actually finding it and watching it. Besides, the Muggle films he liked had adventure and plenty of action, so he wasn't all that sure he'd enjoy a movie about drawing people.

He was, however, going to enjoy being drawn by Stella.

"Fabulous. Maybe I can replace the Fat Lady this time."

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 03-15-2020, 04:16 AM   #30 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Titanic, right. "Guess I'll have to watch it, then," Józef said with a nod, although it was unlikely that he would remember the name of the film, let alone get around to actually finding it and watching it. Besides, the Muggle films he liked had adventure and plenty of action, so he wasn't all that sure he'd enjoy a movie about drawing people.

He was, however, going to enjoy being drawn by Stella.

"Fabulous. Maybe I can replace the Fat Lady this time."
Smiling and shaking her head, she doubted that Józef would really watch a movie like that. After all, it was more of a chick flick as her brothers called it. Although Stella loved actions movies as well, she loved the fast and furious series. Believe it or not she also loved alot of Marvel movies as well, but those were old movies as well.

Stella was having fun drawing him, he was a nice model and sure be a nice picture to send to her twin sister.

"It wasn't bad being in the painting, although after awhile it got boring."

Last edited by Granger Danger; 03-18-2020 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
As she walked out onto the groups of the castle, Isla began to feel somewhat better. The weather was really nice, and for once, Ellie wasn't screaming at the top of her lungs or releasing an extremely smelly diaper. The baby actually seemed content for a while. Good. Maybe 'Mom and Dad' could enjoy their day out!

"You brought along snacks? That was so nice of you," she said, giving her 'husband' a smile. "Thanks, Blake! Maybe we can do both. We can take a picnic and then a little walk. Whatever we're doing right now, we're doing the right thing." She gestured toward Ellie. "She's perfectly quiet!" For once.

The newly-turned twelve year old came to a stop beside a nice little shaded area. "What about here?" she asked. Ohh, pumpkin pasties! Yumm!
Blake smiled at her and sat down ... well .. maybe sitting down wasn't a good idea ... whenever they weren't moving baby Ellie seemed to start crying again ... was that normal for babies to? It was hard to tell what was normal sometimes and what was different with a pretend plastic baby. None the less Blake wanted to sit and enjoy the lake ... and he pasties. "Okay .. if she starts crying I'll take her." Blake added pushing the stroller back and forth with his hands as they sat. Maybe if they kept up just a little movement it wouldn't be so bad!

"Besides this." He added gesturing toward their 'baby' "How's your first year been?" He asked Isla.

You are Honey!
Old 03-18-2020, 08:39 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1

Quote:
Blake smiled at her and sat down ... well .. maybe sitting down wasn't a good idea ... whenever they weren't moving baby Ellie seemed to start crying again ... was that normal for babies to? It was hard to tell what was normal sometimes and what was different with a pretend plastic baby. None the less Blake wanted to sit and enjoy the lake ... and he pasties. "Okay .. if she starts crying I'll take her." Blake added pushing the stroller back and forth with his hands as they sat. Maybe if they kept up just a little movement it wouldn't be so bad!

"Besides this." He added gesturing toward their 'baby' "How's your first year been?" He asked Isla.
Isla watched as Blake pushed the stroller back and forth. He was going to be a super awesome daddy one day! One day a long, long, long time from now! "Do you have younger brothers and sisters?" she asked. "You might not want to hear this, but you're a natural." He always seemed to know just what to do with Ellie. "I have two younger siblings, but I still feel like I don't know anything. Guess that's normal for a twelve-year-old." She laughed on that last note.

"First year's been good," she answered. It was nice to start talking about something else other than 'their' baby. "It's a lot different than muggle primary school." A LOT. "It's been pretty weird seeing all those founders walking around, too." THAT was a whooooole lot different than anything that had ever happened at muggle school.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries

Quote:
Isla watched as Blake pushed the stroller back and forth. He was going to be a super awesome daddy one day! One day a long, long, long time from now! "Do you have younger brothers and sisters?" she asked. "You might not want to hear this, but you're a natural." He always seemed to know just what to do with Ellie. "I have two younger siblings, but I still feel like I don't know anything. Guess that's normal for a twelve-year-old." She laughed on that last note.

"First year's been good," she answered. It was nice to start talking about something else other than 'their' baby. "It's a lot different than muggle primary school." A LOT. "It's been pretty weird seeing all those founders walking around, too." THAT was a whooooole lot different than anything that had ever happened at muggle school.
Blake smiled at her compliment, it felt good to be good at something, thought slightly defeating that it was being good as a 'muggle' parent. Though he didn't have any experiencing being a wizard one either. "Nope no siblings, just me." He added, he had asked him mom once why his dad and her didn't have any more children, but really his parents got divorced when he was only 3 so maybe things were already bad enough to not want more kids.

"yeah that founder this is crazy!! I got sucked into the portrait .. it's been a heck of a year." Blake added thinking that things needed to settle down ... but did things ever really settle down at Hogwarts? Probably not! "At least your first year was at Hogwarts though, I had to spend last year in France ... and I don't speak French." Blake chuckled okay the year in France wasn't that bad really.

Blake took a quick bite of his pastie and when the movement of the stroller stopped even for one second ... it began .... "WAAAHHHHHHHHHH" came the screech from the stroller....

You are Honey!
Old 03-21-2020, 01:37 AM   #34 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1

In a way, Blake was lucky to not have any siblings. There were times when Isla felt like trading hers to the circus. But then she couldn't imagine her life without them either, and if anything ever happened to them, life would never be the same.

All thoughts of siblings left her mind, though, when Blake mentioned being sucked into a portrait. "What a second, you...did what?" she asked. "I'd heard about the others, but not about yours! Where did this happen? What did it feel like?" She had so many questions, but she thought it was best to throw out one or two to start off with.

She had heard him say something about his first year being in France, but by now, the portraits were all Isla could focus on. That is, until their own personal banshee decided to interrupt the conversation. "Oh, come on," she mumbled, "I thought she was fast asleep!" She instinctively started fumbling for the diaper bag, but maybe if Blake rocked the stroller again, she'd go back to sleep. "Want me to try moving the stroller?" She began rocking the stroller back and forth to give Blake a break.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #35 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default feel free to join cece and Keeper <3
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

A picnic with a baby couldn't be TOO hard to manage, could it? After all, she was FINALLY getting the hang of this mom thing and Keeper hardly cried at ALL anymore...except when he was hungry, or dirty, or sleepy. She'd gotten PRETTY good at anticipating how frequently these things were going to happen by now-her baby seemed to be one that just LOVED to stick to his schedule-so that helped minimize the crying a LOT. This meant MORE sleep for her, MORE energy to do things, and a MUCH more pleasant momming experience. Like today! TODAY the small blonde had packed herself a sandwich and some pumpkin juice, a nice blanket to sit on, and a few of the baby essentials JUST in case. Then she found a B-E-A-UTIFUL spot by the lake and set up camp.

"I knew some fresh air would do us good, Keeper." Moms were always saying that sort of thing, did he know? Probably because they were SUPER wise and stuff. After all the Momming SHE'D been doing lately, she felt wise enough to say such things, TOO. Cradling the doll in one arm, she pulled her sandwich out of her bag with the other and sort of wiggled it free from the napkin that had been wrapped around it. It was the perfect PB&J with EXTRA peanut butter and the grape jam she liked BEST. As she brought it to her lips for a bite, she couldn't help but smile because she KNEW it was going to be so g-

WAAAAAAH-WAAAAAAAAH!

But it wasn't time for HIM to eat yet!

Cecelia looked longingly at her sandwich for a second and then set it down, adjusting the baby in her arms. "Shhhh, it's okay. Shhhh." Well, he'd already taken a little snooze on the way to the lake, and he wasn't due for a bottle just yet, so THAT must mean he needed a nappy change. GREAT. Just what she wanted to do before eating. "Keeper, you're always keeping me on my toes." Seemed she really HAD picked a fitting name.

"Here you go." She set her doll down on its back, careful of his little head, and unfastened his onesie so she could remove the soiled nappy. She'd had enough practice with her little brother to handle it without being TOO disgusted, rolling it up and setting it aside. After using some wipes she'd packed, a new nappy was put on and Keeper was good as new! "There. Happy now?" She eyed the baby for a moment before snapping the onesie back into place and giving him a little tickle on his tiny fake baby belly. He WAS pretty cute for a doll.

"Okay, take two."

She used her wand to clean off her hands and dispose of the dirty nappy and then it was time to eat. She picked up the sandwich, bringing it to her mouth again when-

WAAAAAAH!

Maybe picnicking with a baby WASN'T going to be as easy as she thought.

Old 03-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries

Quote:
In a way, Blake was lucky to not have any siblings. There were times when Isla felt like trading hers to the circus. But then she couldn't imagine her life without them either, and if anything ever happened to them, life would never be the same.

All thoughts of siblings left her mind, though, when Blake mentioned being sucked into a portrait. "What a second, you...did what?" she asked. "I'd heard about the others, but not about yours! Where did this happen? What did it feel like?" She had so many questions, but she thought it was best to throw out one or two to start off with.

She had heard him say something about his first year being in France, but by now, the portraits were all Isla could focus on. That is, until their own personal banshee decided to interrupt the conversation. "Oh, come on," she mumbled, "I thought she was fast asleep!" She instinctively started fumbling for the diaper bag, but maybe if Blake rocked the stroller again, she'd go back to sleep. "Want me to try moving the stroller?" She began rocking the stroller back and forth to give Blake a break.
"You didn't hear about that? Well it was only for a bit so I guess it wasn't too scary. Some portrait called Roberta traded places with me for a bit." Blake said moving to stand up. "I suppose though ... we should probably head inside .. it might rain." He added looking up that the darkening sky. "Plus the walk in side might quiet her again ...." He added.

You are Honey!
Old 03-23-2020, 09:25 PM   #37 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1

Quote:
"You didn't hear about that? Well it was only for a bit so I guess it wasn't too scary. Some portrait called Roberta traded places with me for a bit." Blake said moving to stand up. "I suppose though ... we should probably head inside .. it might rain." He added looking up that the darkening sky. "Plus the walk in side might quiet her again ...." He added.
Isla shook her head. "Maybe? I mean, there's been so much happening lately," she said. She had heard weird things always happened at Hogwarts, but she had always said she wouldn't believe it until she saw it. Well, let's just say she believed it now. "It's been a pretty unusual first year for me."

She started to ask Blake to tell her more about the whole portrait swap thing, but he suddenly stood up and announced that it might rain soon. "Yeah, let's go then," she said, standing up and gathering up some of the food they'd been eating. "I'll stroll her in." She steered the stroller around a clump of roots poking out the ground and then headed back toward the castle. The assignment would be ending soon, and she had a sinking feeling this might be one of their last outings together as a 'family'.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

It was an especially nice day and Naya decided to bring Sierra for an outing. With the baby safe and secure in her Snugli and their picnic supplies in hand, Naya found a nice spot at the lake. She spread out her blanket and sat down. “Ok Sisi, we’re going to have your first picnic.” The fifth year mommy began to unload all of the items she had brought. There was food for her and a bottle for Sierra.

Naya took the baby out of her Snugli and held her in her lap. “Look at the pretty lake”, she said. “I love to come out here when the weather starts to get warmer.” The baby seemed content and gave a little coo. “You like it too? This is the best spot at Hogwarts on a pretty day.” Mama and baby sat quietly for a while just watching the lake and the people walking by.

“You must be hungry”, Naya said at last. “I know I’m starving. You can’t have a picnic without food.” Having mastered the task of eating and feeding at the same time, she got to work. Naya took out her sandwich and unwrapped it before giving Sierra her bottle. While the baby drank, she took intermittent bites of her sandwich.

“You know Sierra, I really am going to miss having you around.” It was almost time to turn the baby in and Naya had gotten used to having her around. Even though she was a lot of work and wasn’t a real baby, she would still be missed.

When they both had finished their lunch, Naya picked Sierra up and began to burp her. After having been a mother for several weeks now, she should have known better than to burp the baby without using a burp cloth. Of course, Sierra used this moment to spit up on Naya’s shoulder. Wiping the baby’s mouth, she said, “Well that was totally my fault”. She laid Sierra down on the blanket and proceeded to clean off her shoulder.

Naya was tempted to call it a day, but it was just to nice too go inside already. With a full belly, Sierra drifted off to sleep. Naya continued to enjoy the scenery until she began to feel sleepy herself. She decided that it was time to leave now, before Sierra needed a diaper change. The Gryffindor began to pack up their things and then put the sleeping baby back in her Snugli. When everything was gathered, she folded the blanket, kissed Sierra on the forehead and headed back to the castle.

You are Salt!