sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1185 users online including...
ramsspeelay , Anthonydyday

3 members
1182 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 61: May - August 2022

Term 61: May - August 2022 Term Sixty-One: Riddle Me This (Sept 2107 - June 2108)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 05-08-2022, 01:54 AM

Default Potion Ingredient Hunting!

It was uncommonly warm this first weekend of term, and Javier decided to take advantage of nice weather and hold a little potions club meeting out in the grounds. Not that you had to be a member of the potions club to join in the fun! Any students were welcome. He thought it might be fun to take the kids out and look for potion ingredients on the grounds. Flowers, weeds, and grasses were all used in SOMETHING and he WAS running kind of low on his stores, so...why not?

Whistling happily to himself, Javier waited outside of his cabin for the students to arrive. He was lining up wooden buckets in a row in front of him for them to use as baskets of sorts.

This was mostly a nice excuse to get some sun while it lasted, but he had a few goals in mind for them too if they wanted to see how many different types of plants they could dig up. Now all he needed was the students!

OOC: If you are participating in this potions ingredient hunt please keep your RPs to THIS thread even if moving about the grounds! Thank you!
Old 05-11-2022, 02:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Vi! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Overly perky, cheerful people always made Violet think they must be hiding something--who could always be that happy and nice for real? Maybe that was why she'd always found Aria unsettling to be around, or maybe it was just that Violet was used to being on her own after so many years alone with a group of eccentric adults as her only companions. Still, rather like a cat that won't leave someone alone when they sense they don't like cats, Violet found her self unable to resist seeking out Aria's company, maybe just to see if that cheerful facade might crack one day.

Violet had no problem looking for water plants, and there was always the chance they'd catch a glimpse of her friend, the Giant Squid, while they were there. "I've no objection to the Lake; let's go!" And with that, Violet picked up her bucket and headed off.

Aria was NOT hiding anything, thank you very much. This was just Aria’s personality, even if she happened to be weary of certain fellow students. Hint hint, Violet. But good luck in that endeavor, Vi, of trying to crack that. Though… the seventh year had come close to doing so at the Start of Term Feast. And it had been because of Caes. Hmmm. What an interesting realisation!

The Lake it was then! Aria followed, her bucket still swinging delightedly from her right hand. “Maybe let’s also keep our eyes wiiide open for possible ingredients on our way over there?” the fifth year called as she hurried after Violet. ''Like Knotgrass or lavender.”

It was a good tactic, right?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 05-11-2022, 09:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Jasper had asked her to team up to hunt? She almost did a quick glance over to Valentina and Daniel just to make sure that he hadn’t been looking at someone else when he had asked that. But… he was looking at her. “Sure, I..-” she began and then paused because he asked another question.

Oh.

It was to the people NEAR them. Not just her. And then he mentioned a group. Hmm.

A group was certainly a smart idea.

The more people involved, the more that could help gather resources effectively and the more fun they’d have.

Lisa nodded in response to Jasper and then heard Atlas join. She offered him a smile. “Fantastic. Two buckets!” she repeated before realizing how awkward her phrasing had perhaps been. “Very resourceful. Any other tools we need?” she asked.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
The Lake it was then! Aria followed, her bucket still swinging delightedly from her right hand. “Maybe let’s also keep our eyes wiiide open for possible ingredients on our way over there?” the fifth year called as she hurried after Violet. ''Like Knotgrass or lavender.”
Violet would not have liked being referred to as "Vi" one little bit. But she was pleased with this outing so far. Really, if she only hung around people who were like her (if there were any), how would she ever really understand other people (and become a really good writer)? And...maybe there was some secret to being cheerful and utterly confident that other people would always like you that Violet was missing out on...

"Sure," she replied to Aria's last question. "Or...dandelions," she added, stopping to pick some growing beside the path. She glanced back until she was sure the other girl was in earshot and then added, "So...is Caeson your only sibling, or do you have other brothers or sisters?" Maybe that was the secret--having a lot of brothers and sisters would be like having a built-in gang of friends around you, always. The thought made Violet a bit wistful.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

The other first year got a smile at the introduction, and she offered her hand not now occupied with a basket in greeting. "Nice to meet you, Mia! Vera is my name but you can call me whatever you want." The name Vera itself did not have many short options, but she encouraged creativity. Her voice dropped a bit, especially since the Professor had already said NO to the forest. "I reaaaaally hope one day we're allowed in there. It would be so interesting to see what we could gather and find!" The allowed part was also optional, but she wouldn't state that until she knew what people could be trusted for sure.

The question of if they could pair up had Vera's head already nodding in agreement, even more emphatically when she mentioned the giant squid. "OOOOOH, YES. Let's do that!! Maybe one of the other creatures will come up close enough that we can see them too! Can you swim?" Y'know, just in case something tried to grab at them if they got TOO close.
Yay! Maria had a partner in crime in ingredient hunting. They had two buckets so they were ready to go. Beaming as she swung her bucket she said "It's so nice to meet you Vera! Want to be called Miss V? It sounds ladyish and cool, don't you think?" Nodding along Maria murmured "Yes, I hope so too. I wonder why the forest is called the forbidden forest, do you know?" At home there were no forests that had a name that stated that you weren't allowed to go inside.

Starting to walk in the direction where the lake was supposed to be, Maria hadn't memorized everything just yet figuring that Vera was following she replied "Yes, I can swim. I'm not an expert though. Are you a good swimmer Vera?" Mia wondered as the lake came into view but no giant squid was in sight. "What shall we look for first? Knotgrass or what else can grow here?"
Old 05-12-2022, 11:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Violet would not have liked being referred to as "Vi" one little bit. But she was pleased with this outing so far. Really, if she only hung around people who were like her (if there were any), how would she ever really understand other people (and become a really good writer)? And...maybe there was some secret to being cheerful and utterly confident that other people would always like you that Violet was missing out on...

"Sure," she replied to Aria's last question. "Or...dandelions," she added, stopping to pick some growing beside the path. She glanced back until she was sure the other girl was in earshot and then added, "So...is Caeson your only sibling, or do you have other brothers or sisters?" Maybe that was the secret--having a lot of brothers and sisters would be like having a built-in gang of friends around you, always. The thought made Violet a bit wistful.

Dandelions.

Dandelions were perfect. They were off to a good start! Bucket still swinging from her hand, Aria stared around for an ingredient of her own. There had to be more than just dandelions here! Only… she was briefly interrupted because she chose to eye Violet. She KNEW it! Violet only wanted to come along with her in order to find out more about Caes. Aria turned up her face at Violet then plopped her butt on the grassy area, before some daisies.

“I knew you only wanted to talk about Caes,’’ the fifth year said bluntly. She felt very protective of her older brother and already felt threatened by Violet taking him from her when Aria had literally only just had him to begin with! She was silent as she manually and carefully plucked a daisy by the root. After all, the roots were used in the Shrinking Solution.

SUCCESS!

The daisy was dropped into her bucket. “Caes is my only sibling. My fathers had only me to spoil with their love and attention until he came along.” Imagine that he had only showed up for a visit to her home but winded up being adopted by her fathers. It was one of the best things to have happened to her. Aria got to work on extracting another daisy from the earth. “I expect you have more questions?”

Old 05-12-2022, 11:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Javier should have known some of the kids were going to head to the lake - it was a nice day, and the temptation to take a little dip was very real! Whistling to himself and picking a bunch of dandelions, he headed over towards the lake so he could keep a better eye on those who decided to wander in that direction...namely Maria and Vera.

"The plants around the edge of the lake and in the shallow end are particularly valuable to potion making!" he called out as a little hint to the kids, in case they were stuck.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 05-12-2022, 11:31 PM   #32 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Yay! Maria had a partner in crime in ingredient hunting. They had two buckets so they were ready to go. Beaming as she swung her bucket she said "It's so nice to meet you Vera! Want to be called Miss V? It sounds ladyish and cool, don't you think?" Nodding along Maria murmured "Yes, I hope so too. I wonder why the forest is called the forbidden forest, do you know?" At home there were no forests that had a name that stated that you weren't allowed to go inside.

Starting to walk in the direction where the lake was supposed to be, Maria hadn't memorized everything just yet figuring that Vera was following she replied "Yes, I can swim. I'm not an expert though. Are you a good swimmer Vera?" Mia wondered as the lake came into view but no giant squid was in sight. "What shall we look for first? Knotgrass or what else can grow here?"
Mia got a beam back and Vera's own bucket jostled back in forth in her hand as she skipped along after her new friend. Because to Vera, most conversations resulted in friendship. She was very easy to please in that regard. "Ooooh, I like Miss V! It makes me feel all grown up!" She wiggled a bit excitedly, before giving a HUFF at the next question. "Because they're clearly against us having FUN." Her voice dropped to a whisper, "Think of all the cool creatures in the Forest! But they don't want us to go and explore. Which seems counter intuitive because aren't we here to learn? So shouldn't we learn about the creatures in the Forest too?" And what better way to learn than first hand?

She was sure all that safety stuff was nonsense.

Back to focusing on the lake, Vera smiled again as her skips resumed. "I haven't drowned yet!" Which seemed like the best evidence that she was just fine at swimming. Not that she was planning on taking a dive into the water though, it was just an 'in case' question this time. "Hmmm... shouldn't we just grab... everything?" She had no idea what were good potion ingredients and what were not. Couldn't Professor Hernandez do something with anything? Or... wait... maybe this was actually just a ploy to get the kids to do the grounds weeding for the Groundskeeper!? If so. Respect, because this was a genius plot.

Vera turned her head, trying to check to see if Professor Hernandez was paying attention to them and inwardly groaning as she BEAMED and waggled her fingers in a wave at the Professor when he was. She supposed there was no sneaking off today. Hearing the call that the shallow end and around the lake were valuable felt like an invitation to her as Vera turned back to Mia and BEAMED. "Shallow end then?" Without waiting for an answer, she bent over to discard her shoes and socks before stepping into the shallow water. "EEEEEE, it's cold!" Colder than she'd expected anyways.

Squatting down, the first year peered into the water and plucked a couple weeds to plop into her basket. "Do you think we could find gillyweed? I want to try some and go searching for the squid!"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-14-2022, 06:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Jasper was in pretty high spirits with the knowledge that Cassie was on board for a scrimmage later. They had such a killer team this summer, it was a bummer to think they wouldn't be playing in any real matches together moving forward. Better squeeze play time in while you can, you know? So he tried not to take these things for granted when he could help it.

Though he could talk about quidditch all day, he turned his attention to Atlas and Lisa. He almost called out to Val to ask if she'd wanna join their collective, but it looked like she was happy to do things on her own. Bummer, really. But Jas wasn't pressed or anything. He was pretty eager to make this a good time with Lees and ... "Atlas, right?" He had no shame in asking.

"I think we're solid!" Two buckets sounded like enough buckets to Jasper Botros, who had never gone ingredient hunting before. "We should make this a game."

You are Lemon!
Old 05-15-2022, 05:22 AM   #34 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
“I knew you only wanted to talk about Caes,’’ the fifth year said bluntly. She felt very protective of her older brother and already felt threatened by Violet taking him from her when Aria had literally only just had him to begin with! She was silent as she manually and carefully plucked a daisy by the root. After all, the roots were used in the Shrinking Solution.

SUCCESS!

The daisy was dropped into her bucket. “Caes is my only sibling. My fathers had only me to spoil with their love and attention until he came along.” Imagine that he had only showed up for a visit to her home but winded up being adopted by her fathers. It was one of the best things to have happened to her. Aria got to work on extracting another daisy from the earth. “I expect you have more questions?”
Violet was a bit startled by the sudden change in Aria's behavior, but also experienced a strange sense of satisfaction. There! She knew the younger Slytherin couldn't possibly be that cheery and upbeat all the time. Though she picked a strange time to get defensive. Apparently she was sensitive about her brother for some reason that Violet couldn't fathom. If Aria was going to be that possessive of him, Caes would have a hard time of it. But since they were going to be all open and everything..."I didn't ask you along only to talk about Caes, I wanted to try to find out how it was you manage to always be so cheerful and confident all the time. Like you just expect that eveyone will like you. I thought that maybe if you had a large family, that might be what gives you that. That's all." Violet paused a minute, debating on whether or not she wanted to go on and give Aria that much power over her, then thought, who cares, anyway. "Because I've never felt that way, that secure around other people and I...I just wondered how you do it." There, there it was.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:39 AM   #35 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Violet was a bit startled by the sudden change in Aria's behavior, but also experienced a strange sense of satisfaction. There! She knew the younger Slytherin couldn't possibly be that cheery and upbeat all the time. Though she picked a strange time to get defensive. Apparently she was sensitive about her brother for some reason that Violet couldn't fathom. If Aria was going to be that possessive of him, Caes would have a hard time of it. But since they were going to be all open and everything..."I didn't ask you along only to talk about Caes, I wanted to try to find out how it was you manage to always be so cheerful and confident all the time. Like you just expect that eveyone will like you. I thought that maybe if you had a large family, that might be what gives you that. That's all." Violet paused a minute, debating on whether or not she wanted to go on and give Aria that much power over her, then thought, who cares, anyway. "Because I've never felt that way, that secure around other people and I...I just wondered how you do it." There, there it was.

Who could be cheerful all the time? Like… no one??? None of her Hogwarts friends and acquaintances saw her freaking out over the last summer, trying to get some clothing designs completed on time. She had definitely NOT been cheerful then. And she certainly wasn’t that cheerful now. Her mood had just gone POOF, in a ball of smoke and flames because of Violet.

Though…

It did surprise her big time to hear Violet say she didn’t only want to talk about Caes. Aria twisted the silver ring on her right index finger as she surveyed the remaining daisies in the ground. How many more should she harvest? Two? Three? Not to mention she wanted one for herself. No real reason other than she wanted it. Maybe she’d stick it between the pages of a book to preserve it. “I don’t expect anyone to like me. I know I can be blunt or sarcastic with everyone I meet and that’s just because I’m usually honest.” One more daisy was added to her bucket. “I don’t have a huge family. My fathers always do their best for me and I love them for that. Grateful even, that they adopted me. Other than that, there’s the usual members of an extended family and a few close family-friends. And now Caes.” Whom Violet was trying to steal. The next daisy she harvested, Aria discreetly stowed it in a pocket. Deciding that Hernandez would have enough daisy roots {since other students were bound to harvest some as well}, the fifth year climbed to her feet. As she dusted off her clothing, her calculating gaze rested upon Violet.

This definitely was the mother of all surprises.

Aria had learnt, especially since interning at the fashion studio, that confidence was something that came and went. One minute you were one hundred percent sure about what you were doing, and the next, you were questioning all your life’s choices. Because of this, she understood her Housemate. “It’s a choice. I hate being mopey so I choose to be bubbly. I suppose the confidence comes from within you and from the people who care for you. For instance, my fathers have always been supportive of me. When they found out I had a knack for designing and artistic stuff, they encouraged me to get into that field.” Aria grinned. “My drawings at first were TERRIBLE but they never belittled me about it. Just gave me pointers on where to improve and nice words.” She grabbed her bucket. “Sometimes all you need is ONE person to believe in you. Come on. Let’s head for the Lake.”

Old 05-16-2022, 10:56 PM   #36 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Interesting...so Aria wasn't as confident as she looked all the time. So maybe Violet was wrong when she thought Aria was always trying to boss her around. Maybe this was just her way of acting to bolster up her own confidence. It was funny how you always thought everyone else had their lives together and you were the only one feeling awkward and stupid. She filed this knowledge away to think about later.

I grew up with my grandfather, three middle-aged uncles, and a governess, and I hardly ever got to play with other children until I came to Hogwarts. So at first the school was so noisy and crowded, it almost seemed like...an assault on my nerves. But I like it now, as long as I can have my own space now and then." Violet felt she should volunteer something about her own family since she'd prodded that information out of Aria.

"Yes, let's go on to the Lake, I'd like to try to collect some water plants." Violet continued, bending to pluck some heather thistles she'd noticed behind the grass beside the path. "You're the third person I've talked to her that's really good at art. I'm really terrible at it." Though Violet secretly liked to draw things, as long as there was no danger of anyone else seeing them; her art still looked like a child's.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:06 AM   #37 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Interesting...so Aria wasn't as confident as she looked all the time. So maybe Violet was wrong when she thought Aria was always trying to boss her around. Maybe this was just her way of acting to bolster up her own confidence. It was funny how you always thought everyone else had their lives together and you were the only one feeling awkward and stupid. She filed this knowledge away to think about later.

I grew up with my grandfather, three middle-aged uncles, and a governess, and I hardly ever got to play with other children until I came to Hogwarts. So at first the school was so noisy and crowded, it almost seemed like...an assault on my nerves. But I like it now, as long as I can have my own space now and then." Violet felt she should volunteer something about her own family since she'd prodded that information out of Aria.

"Yes, let's go on to the Lake, I'd like to try to collect some water plants." Violet continued, bending to pluck some heather thistles she'd noticed behind the grass beside the path. "You're the third person I've talked to her that's really good at art. I'm really terrible at it." Though Violet secretly liked to draw things, as long as there was no danger of anyone else seeing them; her art still looked like a child's.

Aria was NOT trying to boss anyone around, thank you very much. Not now, not ever. There were always more important things to do than to waste time being a snob on others. And anyway, she wasn’t raised to be one.

Mind blown.

Aria’s mind was BLOWN. Violet Blackthorne was actually sharing personal stuff with HER of all people. The younger Slytherin was not sure what to make of this. Yet she could not find reason to walk away and leave Violet in the dust or to pretend like she didn’t care. The revelations being made simply gave Aria an insight to Violet’s personality. Not to mention it could be a ploy for her to open up about Caes. “It’s sort of sad that you’re finally feeling comfortable but you’re graduating soonish.” There was a moment’s hesitation on her part. “What happened to your parents?”

Aria started swinging her bucket again, more out of habit than anything else. “Practice, I guess. I HAVE to be good at it. Or at least halfway decent.” Arriving at the Lake, the fifth year shaded her eyes from the sun’s intense rays. “I wonder if old Barty is out here sunbathing. Maybe he’d like to help us do some collecting.” She began moving closer to the Lake to begin her search for aquatic plants.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

As much as Javier wanted to keep the party going, it was starting to get a bit warm out here. Didn't want anyone catching any sunburn because they were out in the midday sun too long! He let out a little whistle, since many of the kids had traveled pretty far by this point.

"Let's start wrapping things up here so you can all start heading in to get ready for dinner," he called out. As they got closer he pointed to the empty buckets in front of him. "Please deposit your findings in these buckets here. The left side should be where you can drop your edible ingred - I mean, erm, non-toxic ingredients," he said quickly. What? No one heard that. "And the other side is the potentially toxic stuff that we use for some more advanced potions. A few of you in your NEWT year may have identified some things for that bucket!" he said with a smile.

Otherwise, most things would probably end up in the edib - NO, the NON-TOXIC pile. Not edible.

"Have a good day everyone!" he called out as the students started to disperse. If they wanted to hang around they could...or they could head in for dinner, which is what he was about to do in approximately...10 minutes.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 05-18-2022, 01:18 AM   #39 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

If Aria did leave Violet in the dust, Violet would get along very well on her own, thank you very much. She might have grown up a little lonely, but it had also made her very independent.

Quote:
“It’s sort of sad that you’re finally feeling comfortable but you’re graduating soonish.” There was a moment’s hesitation on her part. “What happened to your parents?”
"Oh, not really sad, because now that I've learned to feel comfortable in different situations, I can always use that. Once you know something, it's yours forever," Violet responded cheerfully. But then...oh no, Violet was not ready to share that much personal information, not with Aria McLeod at any rate.

"Um, oh well, Mother's family didn't approve of her marriage, so...there hasn't been much communication between them. I think I was sent to grandfather to get an education." Maybe. Actually, Violet would very much like to know what had become of her mother herself, and she was determined to find out, too, just as soon as she graduated and had access to some funds on her own. But Aria certainly didn't need to know all that.

Violet moved off a little away from Aria and looked off over the Lake to see if she could spot the Giant Squid, who she'd come to think of as a kind of friend. Then she bent down to look at what was growing in the water and on the banks, sticking her hand into the water from time to time if she thought she saw something good.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
If Aria did leave Violet in the dust, Violet would get along very well on her own, thank you very much. She might have grown up a little lonely, but it had also made her very independent.

"Oh, not really sad, because now that I've learned to feel comfortable in different situations, I can always use that. Once you know something, it's yours forever," Violet responded cheerfully. But then...oh no, Violet was not ready to share that much personal information, not with Aria McLeod at any rate.

"Um, oh well, Mother's family didn't approve of her marriage, so...there hasn't been much communication between them. I think I was sent to grandfather to get an education." Maybe. Actually, Violet would very much like to know what had become of her mother herself, and she was determined to find out, too, just as soon as she graduated and had access to some funds on her own. But Aria certainly didn't need to know all that.

Violet moved off a little away from Aria and looked off over the Lake to see if she could spot the Giant Squid, who she'd come to think of as a kind of friend. Then she bent down to look at what was growing in the water and on the banks, sticking her hand into the water from time to time if she thought she saw something good.

Aria shrugged. “Suit yourself. I would have found it sad.” Because despite all the challenges at Hogwarts, she still enjoyed the lessons, the professors and the handful of friends she had made. At present, Aria could not imagine graduating; she figured she’d be a sad little Slytherin when the time did come. “Family can be complicated. Or so I’ve heard.” The fifth year had so far lived a comfortable life, lacking nothing so what did she actually know? “Maybe one day things will blow over and it’ll be better for you.”

Aria had only just stuck her now bare feet in the soothing water when Hernandez’s voice floated in their direction. How was it that time was up already??? The girl huffed and quickly doubled her efforts to find at least one piece of aquatic plant. Seaweed would be good right about now. She’d just wade a little further out and stick her hands in the water…

It took her about a minute or two but Aria did eventually manage to find a reasonably sized piece of seaweed. “Got ya!” Triumphantly, she held the slimy thing above her head. In the process, some Lake water dripped onto her head but she took no notice. On dry ground now, she deposited the seaweed into her bucket. “We’d better get back, Violet!”

Old 05-18-2022, 11:06 PM   #41 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Aria shrugged. “Suit yourself. I would have found it sad.” Because despite all the challenges at Hogwarts, she still enjoyed the lessons, the professors and the handful of friends she had made. At present, Aria could not imagine graduating; she figured she’d be a sad little Slytherin when the time did come. “Family can be complicated. Or so I’ve heard.” The fifth year had so far lived a comfortable life, lacking nothing so what did she actually know? “Maybe one day things will blow over and it’ll be better for you.”
"Mmmmm," murmured Violet noncommitally; she was pretty much through sharing personal information for the time being. Especially since Aria was starting to sound almost sorry for her, which was quite unnecessary, since Violet was very fine now with her life in general and felt quite confident that she could do something about the parts that weren't working so well. She leaned so far out that she nearly fell in, but caught herself just in time by grasping onto a plant with a deep stem which turned out to be bladderwort, a nice addition to her basket.

Thankfully it was time to head back. Violet had become uncomfortable with her sudden burst of confidential chat and was ready to withdraw into some much needed quiet space. Standing up, she straightened herself (as best she could, since she now had wet and slightly muddy hands) and joined Aria on the way back.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:04 PM   #42 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Mia got a beam back and Vera's own bucket jostled back in forth in her hand as she skipped along after her new friend. Because to Vera, most conversations resulted in friendship. She was very easy to please in that regard. "Ooooh, I like Miss V! It makes me feel all grown up!" She wiggled a bit excitedly, before giving a HUFF at the next question. "Because they're clearly against us having FUN." Her voice dropped to a whisper, "Think of all the cool creatures in the Forest! But they don't want us to go and explore. Which seems counter intuitive because aren't we here to learn? So shouldn't we learn about the creatures in the Forest too?" And what better way to learn than first hand?

She was sure all that safety stuff was nonsense.

Back to focusing on the lake, Vera smiled again as her skips resumed. "I haven't drowned yet!" Which seemed like the best evidence that she was just fine at swimming. Not that she was planning on taking a dive into the water though, it was just an 'in case' question this time. "Hmmm... shouldn't we just grab... everything?" She had no idea what were good potion ingredients and what were not. Couldn't Professor Hernandez do something with anything? Or... wait... maybe this was actually just a ploy to get the kids to do the grounds weeding for the Groundskeeper!? If so. Respect, because this was a genius plot.

Vera turned her head, trying to check to see if Professor Hernandez was paying attention to them and inwardly groaning as she BEAMED and waggled her fingers in a wave at the Professor when he was. She supposed there was no sneaking off today. Hearing the call that the shallow end and around the lake were valuable felt like an invitation to her as Vera turned back to Mia and BEAMED. "Shallow end then?" Without waiting for an answer, she bent over to discard her shoes and socks before stepping into the shallow water. "EEEEEE, it's cold!" Colder than she'd expected anyways.

Squatting down, the first year peered into the water and plucked a couple weeds to plop into her basket. "Do you think we could find gillyweed? I want to try some and go searching for the squid!"
Maria beamed! It felt like she had made a new friend in Vera already and they had only been here like a week. That hadn't been so hard either! Maybe she'd ace the friend making goal she had been so nervous about after all. Focusing on Vera she did her best to not laugh at her huff. "We'll have COMC lessons though, so we will probably get to learn about cool creatures there that might also live in the forbidden forest. We probably shouldn't try and break rules in our first weeks you know?" She knew one person that would get very displeased if she did break a school rule and get detention for the whole purpose of wanting to see a beautiful and cool creature like a unicorn in action.

That Vera hadn't drowned yet wasn't exactly what Maria had hoped to hear as she skipped on along her new friend. Nodding she flung her bucket from side to side. "Yes, sounds like a plan! We grab everything we see and Prof Hernandez will be pleased with us. He can't expect us to know every plants name yet can he?" Maria studied in her potions and herbology books but she couldn't say that many plant names had stuck in her brain just yet.

Before Maria knew it they had come down to the lake edge and Vera was kicking off her shoes and discarding her socks to go down in the shallow water. Vera had spunk! "Wait for me!" she called out as she heard that it was cold. Prepared for the chill Maria also discarded her shoes and socks before joining Vera in the water and looking around with her bucket for a sign of knotgrass. "Look for a green slimy plant that resembles rat tails," Maria called over to Vera as she herself saw some dandelions and other water plants they could gether up. Maria was about to leave the water since she felt how cold her toes and feet were when Prof Hernandez ended the activity. Turning to Vera she said with a hint of dissapointment in her tone. "We have to go back to the Prof, the hunt is over! I liked hunting with you!"
Old 05-20-2022, 10:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
"Mmmmm," murmured Violet noncommitally; she was pretty much through sharing personal information for the time being. Especially since Aria was starting to sound almost sorry for her, which was quite unnecessary, since Violet was very fine now with her life in general and felt quite confident that she could do something about the parts that weren't working so well. She leaned so far out that she nearly fell in, but caught herself just in time by grasping onto a plant with a deep stem which turned out to be bladderwort, a nice addition to her basket.

Thankfully it was time to head back. Violet had become uncomfortable with her sudden burst of confidential chat and was ready to withdraw into some much needed quiet space. Standing up, she straightened herself (as best she could, since she now had wet and slightly muddy hands) and joined Aria on the way back.

Violet would be right: Aria HAD indeed started to feel sorry for her but that feeling had poofed the moment Violet had said that she didn’t find it sad about graduating. Clearly the seventh year had her feelings all worked out. As for the older girl unintentionally oversharing, she’d say nothing about this. Being good at keeping secrets usually came in handy for this exact reason.

Aria grabbed her shoes, having decided to hike back to Hernandez’s barefoot. There was no care on her part if anyone judged her for that; totally unbothered she was. And she was more than happy to trek back in silence. “Here you are, professor!’’ the girl chirped upon arrival at Hernandez’s cabin. “Sorry I couldn’t get you more seaweed but I got you loads of daisy roots. See you around!’’ Abandoning the bucket with the man, Aria nodded to Violet then took off for the Castle. They might have had a moment during this activity but Aria was quite eager to get away from Violet for some reason. At least there hadn’t been any questions about Caes. Thank Merlin!