sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1074 users online including...
Svetlsfc , Hannahyfx

2 members
1072 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-04-2018, 11:11 AM

Default Underground Chambers

Opening a well-hidden door in the dungeons allows you access to the many underground chambers beneath the castle. While this discovery may be exciting, it is important to move forward with caution -- hopefully you've come along with some friends, just in case something should go terribly wrong. No, you've thankfully not stumbled upon the Chamber of Secrets. But only Merlin knows what you'll find here.

You start off in a chamber containing a dusty table where seven bottles once rested. Whether you find that interesting or not, it is the two doors present in the room that play at your curiosity. Going through one door will take you into an antechamber that leads to a much bigger room. Here a large mirror can be found, which will reveal something interesting about yourself if you stand in front of it properly. The other door, however, stems off into a series of chambers. First you find yourself in a spacious room, though there isn't much to be seen besides a thick layer of dust (with a dash of decayed troll bone) on the floor. Carrying onward, a giant chess board is revealed (to play a life-sized game, one need only cast Reparo on the mutilated pieces) and then a room filled with an array of winged keys. Lastly is a chamber that is relatively harmless ... as long as the blue flames remain lit.

Perhaps you've learned about this place once in history class? It all seems oddly familiar. Hmm.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:22 PM   #76 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

.......Okay........

Was he going to question the events of the last three minutes? No...nope...nooooooope. Gryffindor in his frame, Slytherin looked to be heading there. Renaldi was inviting Helga to do the same. He was just going to let it happen. Too easy, you say? So was setting their frames on fire if they stepped back out.

McCarthy's question got his attention, though. Ravenclaw? "I can't say I do." He confessed. In all the chaos of trying to get the more problematic founders under control, the man hadn't spared a thought to the relatively soft spoken woman. He paused to look about the room, waiting to see if anyone else could confirm Ravenclaw's whereabouts.

"Ms. Hufflepuff, if you would." Malachi gestured to her frame that still sat empty.

"Do understand, one foot out and I won't hesitate to torch these. Portraits, less problematic ones, are easy to come by."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:16 PM   #77 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Claudine was quite inclined with Isla on the concept of setting the frames on fire. The second year easily saw that Isla did not literally mean they should burn the frames. The concept was so shrewd, so Slytherin- like. Speaking of Slytherin… the man’s sudden movement of pushing Gryffindor towards Trent and then dashing to the frame was unexpected. Was that old man actually going to be going back into his frame? Claudine froze in surprise as Gryffindor also took off.

Could it really be this easy?

Chloe was suspicious too because really, after all the ruckus the Founders- Slytherin and Gryffindor notably- were they really ready to go back? All they needed now was Ravenclaw… unless she was up to something.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 03-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #78 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

Carwyn couldn't say he completely followed what had happened over the last five minutes. One minute they were all bravado, then threats, then a race to their frames? The ex-Ravenclaw shook his head as he blind and saw two of the four founders heading back into their frames with Helga being cajoled towards her own.

..... Which brought up the reality that Ravenclaw still was nowhere to be seen. He had hoped that when the search party came back together that she would be in tow. Apparently, it wasn't going to be as easy as having all four Founders at their fingertips.

"We need to find Ravenclaw..." He said quietly to anyone else that was listening. "Should we try to find her. Perhaps the portraits could find her- The Founders could find her themselves so that she can see their bid for the Castle is up. There is no point in fighting the inevitable." He was mostly talking to Trent and the other Professors, but he hoped one of the Founders would at least see sense.

Hopefully.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:04 AM   #79 (permalink)
Other Characters
Flobberworm

The theatrical display from Salazar and Godric received a look of amusement from Helga who was otherwise very worried about the wellbeing of their portrait frames. Did no one else care to think that without their frames they would cease to exist? Not that it mattered much longer because her friends were ultimately coaxed back in and Helga was being prompted by the ravenclaw prefect and her Headmaster.

”Yes, thank you,” she huffed. Helga would be returning to her frame with DIGNITY! Which meant, of course, that she would be scuttling towards her frame because as it was, she was still bound by magical ropes. Before stepping inside, she turned to address the crowd, ”Remember, a healthy mind depends on a healthy body!” In otherwords they best eat their vegetables and if anyone needed, there were still PLENTY of cupcakes left in the kitchens!
Old 03-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #80 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

...had it really been that easy? Simply threaten to set the frames on fire, and off they went? Gabi didn't blame Slytherin for trying to save his own skin. As a Slytherin, she could relate with the whole 'self preservation' thing. As for Godric - well, ok, that had been far easier and less messy than she had anticipated. She'd been ready to tend to many more stab wounds.

"Anyone who knows an Impenetrable Charm, place it on their frames so they can't get out again! The more, the better," she announced. Was she sure that was going to work? Nope. But it was the best idea she had come up with, and certainly wouldn't hurt the situation.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 03-30-2020, 12:26 AM   #81 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Isla could have made a thousand guesses about what the next big turn of events would have been, but never once in all those guesses would she have imagined Gryffindor and Slytherin in a race to the frames. That's exactly what happened, though. Well, sort of. There was a moment of Slytherin mowing over Gryffindor and slamming him into Trent. Whatever that had been about...

She fought the urge to roll her eyes at Gryffindor's response to her. Of course she knew he had challenged Trent, but Trent had a whole army of students and professors on his side. Did Gryffindor honestly expect them to stand aside like this was a spectator event? She missed the fact that Missa had rolled her eyes at her. Had she seen it, she would have been very confused, but as it was, the eye roll had gone unnoticed.

Besides, Chloe's question sparked a new interest in Isla. She was right. Where was Ravenclaw? And was Professor Eris suggesting they release the founders on a bid to go and find her? Regardless, Professor Recard was suggesting someone place an Impenetrable Charm on the frames, which Isla had no idea how to do. So...were the founders going to look for Ravenclaw, or were they going into the frames and getting sealed in with a charm? "Umm, I can go with a group to look for Ravenclaw?" she said, her statement coming out more like a question than anything. As a firstie, she really had no idea what would be best.

Last edited by Anna Banana; 03-30-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:57 AM   #82 (permalink)
Other Characters

"There's no need for that." Rowena had quietly let herself down to the underground chambers at some point during the scuffle. She'd heard enough to know where this was going and a lady as intelligent as her knew what the smarter option would be.

"I am not lost and I can see myself into my frame." To those suggesting they set out a party for her. With everyone else in surrender mode, what chance did she hope to have of taking this school on her own? With her portrait burned, she didn't even stand a chance of existing. Better her to remain giving wise counsel than for them to paint another that may not have been up to par.

"If you'll excuse me." Delicately, the woman moved about the group until she was stood before her frame. She took a deep breath, relishing the strange feeling for the last time before making her way back into her portrait.

"We could have done without the shameless display." Her latter statement was directed at Helga in regards to the men. Honestly, they were more like children sometimes.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:31 PM   #83 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Malachi nearly groaned at the suggestions they form up another party to find Ravenclaw. They were so close and he wanted to be done with things. He was hungry dammit and in no mood to find another needle in the haystack of a castle.

Thankfully, the woman did appear and seemed quite against putting up a fight. Just the way he preferred it.

The Headmaster finally breathed when the last of the portraits stepped back into frame. "I can take care of that." The charm Recard had mentioned. He knew just the one and would be all too pleased to be the one to cast it. Wand up, Malachi took great care in sealing each of the founders.

"You won't be able to hop like the other portraits anymore but the chambers are no place for the portraits of our founders. I'll have the elves move you." For now, he turned to the students again. "Let's go get dinner. I think that's been enough for one day."

The man was already beginning on his way out--oh. "Grantham, Blaze, that's back to your dorm for you both. The elves will bring your meals as always." He meant it, when he told them they were under dorm arrest til the express came. Merlin, did he mean it. And every time his shoulder ached, he meant it even more.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:57 PM   #84 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Well that all seemed a little too easy and Chloe wasn't putting her wand fully down until they were out of the room and fully sure they were not going to be having any issues. Her eyes stayed on the portrait as she watched Ravenclaw just walked in. As glad as she was that her founder wasn't trying anything she was a bit disappointed that she wasn't a bit more... Chloe wasn't even sure what word she wanted to use for it, but she felt a little disappointed none the less.

Seeing that the headmaster turn she lowered her wand to her side, "Do you think the founders could go into each common room?" That seemed to be a good spot for each of them and they couldn't talk to each other if they weren't close. Though he probably could make it that they couldn't speak in there either.

These thoughts continued in her head as she turned and headed out of the room, she was hungry now that she thought about it.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:57 AM   #85 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Bernie opened her mouth to say something about Slytherin doing a rugby-like shove past Gryffindor, and then her house founder returning it in kind, but then Hufflepuff went in without a fuss, and Ravenclaw, and....and...and it was all over, with her standing there gaping like a fish.

She closed her mouth with a pointed glare at the Headmaster. "Yes, sir." Bernie rolled her eyes at Claudine like can you believe this guy? and turned on her heel to obediently return to her dormitory. At least he hadn't taken away her books and her wand. Yet. And she'd been crocheting QUITE the blanket for herself, even though now wasn't the season for it. So. Dormitory arrest? Pffffft. She could survive till the end of term, right? RIGHT?!

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 03-31-2020, 02:07 AM   #86 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

...and then things started winding down, and Isla got the hint that all the excitement, if you could even call it that, was over. She didn't pay Trent's speech any extra attention until he mentioned something about Claudine and Bernie being on dorm arrest. Well, that sounded interesting... She'd make it a point later on to be extra nosey and find out what happened.

She couldn't help the wide-eyed look she gave Chloe when the girl mentioned putting the founders in the common rooms. Thanks, but no thanks. She'd heard all she wanted to of their thoughts, ideas, and opinions for now. Maybe even for forever. She was also pretty sure every single Gryffindor would go insane with their loud-mouthed founder permanently perched in their living quarters.

Alright, well, on that note, she was out. The elves were going to take care of the portraits, so there was nothing else to see or do here. Also, somebody should really feed Trent. She could sense the hangriness getting worse by the second. So with Bernie leading the way, Isla followed suit and left for the Great Hall.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:21 PM   #87 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Claudine raised a judgemental eyebrow at Hufflepuff. Healthy body? This was coming from the woman who was only moments ago forcing everyone to take cupcakes? Clearly Hufflepuff needed to work on not contradicting herself. At least she was going to be returning to her portrait - Claudine abandoned watching Hufflepuff to turn her attention instead to Ravenclaw. Wow. She just showed up like that and wasn’t going to put up any fight? Maybe she was indeed wiser than the rest of the Founders.

But it was just like that everything came to an end.

Claudine had honestly expected things to go a lot more chaotic, especially since Slytherin and Gryffindor were such savages. But it was over and Trent was sending everyone back to dinner. She met his eyes but said nothing; the second year had no intention of disobeying him. Instead, she shrugged at Bernie before following her friend out. At least the trek to the Slytherin Girls’ Dorm wasn’t a long one.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 03-31-2020, 05:30 PM   #88 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Gabi was extremely relieved when Rowena not only showed up - but she went back into her frame without a fight. That was that. All four founders were back in their frames, and it had been a relatively painless process!

She walked over to Godric's frame and waved her wand, a small glow encasing the frame as she cast an Impenetrable charm over the portrait. That psycho was not getting out of his portrait again...not under Gabi's watch! She closed her eyes and focused, the glow getting slightly stronger before fading away slowly. She wanted to make sure this was the BEST charm she had ever cast, to make sure it stuck.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 04-01-2020, 01:46 AM   #89 (permalink)
Other Characters
Flobberworm

Salazar was quite happy to be back in his frame. Not that he would ever admit that to anyone. He had slipped in quickly after darting there in a dead sprint, pleased that no one had tried to stop him. Not that he had expected them to...

True, he hadn't accomplished what he had wanted, and it looked like they were bound and determined to keep them in their portraits for the foreseeable future. Ah well...it wasn't like he aged at all. He'd just have to bide his time and come up with a new plan. He had all the time in the world to figure out how to do it right next time.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:53 AM   #90 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

Carwyn had been ready to go in search of Rowena Ravenclaw, and he was almost convinced that they would never be able to get her into her own frame without some form of coercion - even though the other three founders were already safely sealed away. However he had been pleasantly shocked to find that she had arrived as if called by Merlin himself, and had seen that the logical next step was to freely enter her own portrait frame.

And just like that - everyone applied charms and Carwyn wondered where the house elves would end up moving them too. Perhaps the common rooms or a variety of the towers. To be honest, there were so many options for their new homes that it wouldn’t surprise him if he needed to play a game of search the Founder before he had re-found them.

Carwyn motioned for the students to leave the chamber with a smile and a ”Dinner will be waiting for you.” He waited until all of the students had filed out before taking up the rear guard.