sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1154 users online including...
Antoniorch

2 members
1152 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 61: May - August 2022

Term 61: May - August 2022 Term Sixty-One: Riddle Me This (Sept 2107 - June 2108)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2021, 12:28 AM

Default Great Hall

Rain or shine, the Great Hall continues to be the hub of the school. Four long tables, one for each House as defined by the banners floating above them, are stationed in the enormous room facing the raised table reserved for the school staff. Already placed on the tables are silver plates with accompanying cutlery and goblets. Mountains of food and pitchers containing your favourite beverages are at your fingertips.

Whether you arrived for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on time or late, feel free to dig in as the headmaster has no speech to give. Keep yourself preoccupied by catching up with your fellow housemates or those who are visiting from the other tables while sink your teeth into the hearty and delicious meal prepared by the house-elves. Just remember to display proper eating etiquette and don't get any funny ideas. Food is to be eaten, not thrown across the dining room. Wasting food will come at a price that you will not like to pay.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Default For AriFerrari
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

It was lunchtime, and though he should probably be doing the homework he'd completely forgotten about that was due in next period, Ignacio was instead wiggling his way to the Ravenclaw table in search of food. Even if he had remembered that his Potions essay was incomplete, he would argue that one couldn't do their best work on an empty stomach, and so food would have to come first anyway.

Slipping into a seat, the sixth year eyed the food on offer.

Now, Ignacio had never seen Scooby Doo, but one might be forgiven for thinking that he had, because the sandwich he had set upon constructing was very reminiscent of the Muggle cartoon. How many layers were too many layers, you ask?

The answer was apparently not six, because that was where Ig was up to in his sandwich tower.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 05-26-2022, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default <3
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
It was lunchtime, and though he should probably be doing the homework he'd completely forgotten about that was due in next period, Ignacio was instead wiggling his way to the Ravenclaw table in search of food. Even if he had remembered that his Potions essay was incomplete, he would argue that one couldn't do their best work on an empty stomach, and so food would have to come first anyway.

Slipping into a seat, the sixth year eyed the food on offer.

Now, Ignacio had never seen Scooby Doo, but one might be forgiven for thinking that he had, because the sandwich he had set upon constructing was very reminiscent of the Muggle cartoon. How many layers were too many layers, you ask?

The answer was apparently not six, because that was where Ig was up to in his sandwich tower.
Kinsay wasn't hungry, so naturally, she spent the first part of her lunchtime nudging food around her plate to make it look like she had eaten. The plan thereafter was to head out early to get a few things done before her next lesson. But. But then she turned and saw IG at the Ravenclaw table and remembered the top secret mission she had recently accepted so.

So her plans changed and she slipped onto the bench beside him at the Ravenclaw table, which was her second favorite table after the Gryffindor one. "Hi," she wiggled to make herself more comfortable and reached for a piece of bread that she wasn't planning to eat. Kins just wanted something to do with her hands, that's all. "That's quite a sandwich you have there." She noted as she began pulling the bread apart, spinning little balls with it's fluff.

Was Ignacio reaaaaally going to eat that whole thing? Or did his eyes have a bigger appetite than his stomach (because that happened to Kinsay sometimes too)? Like, how was he going to fit it into his mouth without looking super silly and dropping sandwich innards everywhere? So many important questions.

You are Lemon!
Old 05-27-2022, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Kinsay wasn't hungry, so naturally, she spent the first part of her lunchtime nudging food around her plate to make it look like she had eaten. The plan thereafter was to head out early to get a few things done before her next lesson. But. But then she turned and saw IG at the Ravenclaw table and remembered the top secret mission she had recently accepted so.

So her plans changed and she slipped onto the bench beside him at the Ravenclaw table, which was her second favorite table after the Gryffindor one. "Hi," she wiggled to make herself more comfortable and reached for a piece of bread that she wasn't planning to eat. Kins just wanted something to do with her hands, that's all. "That's quite a sandwich you have there." She noted as she began pulling the bread apart, spinning little balls with it's fluff.

Was Ignacio reaaaaally going to eat that whole thing? Or did his eyes have a bigger appetite than his stomach (because that happened to Kinsay sometimes too)? Like, how was he going to fit it into his mouth without looking super silly and dropping sandwich innards everywhere? So many important questions.
Ignacio was just putting the last slice of bread on top of his sandwich when Kinsay joined him, and he turned to offer her a grin even as he put a little (a lot of) pressure on the beast of a luncheon. Squishing it down ever so slightly meant he was getting all of the layers of goodness, but might actually stand a chance of getting his jaw around it.

That was his logic at least, anyway. "Yeah, I couldn't decide what to have, so thought 'why not have it all', you know?" Ig offered Kins, before picking the sandwich up. "You okay?" he asked, as he inspected it, trying to figure out which was the best angle to go for.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________

Old 05-31-2022, 12:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Ignacio was just putting the last slice of bread on top of his sandwich when Kinsay joined him, and he turned to offer her a grin even as he put a little (a lot of) pressure on the beast of a luncheon. Squishing it down ever so slightly meant he was getting all of the layers of goodness, but might actually stand a chance of getting his jaw around it.

That was his logic at least, anyway. "Yeah, I couldn't decide what to have, so thought 'why not have it all', you know?" Ig offered Kins, before picking the sandwich up. "You okay?" he asked, as he inspected it, trying to figure out which was the best angle to go for.
After rolling a few dough balls from the roll of bread she had taken, Kinsay began arranging them on the table. But. But she was still paying attention to Ignacio, of course. She could do both things at once because she was super talented like that, duh. "I see," she smiled so so so amused and eyes still sooooo big. That sandwich really was massive. "Next time there's a party, I vote you in charge of food." Fyi. He seemed like he'd be good at that sort of job. Plus, Kinsay liked putting people to work.

But as for herself, was she okay? "Yeah," she replied casually, stacking the little dough balls on top of each other to make a bunch of little snow— doughmen. "I just saw you sitting here and thought we haven't caught up in soooo long. Like, since before you 'n Nerina started dating." Cue: Casual observation.

Secret Agent Kinsay Cassandra James, Commencing Mission — T -2 Minutes

You are Lemon!
Old 05-31-2022, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
After rolling a few dough balls from the roll of bread she had taken, Kinsay began arranging them on the table. But. But she was still paying attention to Ignacio, of course. She could do both things at once because she was super talented like that, duh. "I see," she smiled so so so amused and eyes still sooooo big. That sandwich really was massive. "Next time there's a party, I vote you in charge of food." Fyi. He seemed like he'd be good at that sort of job. Plus, Kinsay liked putting people to work.

But as for herself, was she okay? "Yeah," she replied casually, stacking the little dough balls on top of each other to make a bunch of little snow— doughmen. "I just saw you sitting here and thought we haven't caught up in soooo long. Like, since before you 'n Nerina started dating." Cue: Casual observation.

Secret Agent Kinsay Cassandra James, Commencing Mission — T -2 Minutes
After a moment, Ignacio took the plunge: he managed, somehow (Mal would probably say the how was down to his big mouth) to get his jaws around the sandwich. And, after taking a bite, he was struggling to chew slightly, and therefore just nodded at Kinsay for a moment.

Which gave his brain time to work out what she was actually saying. Managing to swallow, he wiped a hand across his mouth and shook his head. "Kins. Whilst I love food, that sounds like a recipe for disaster," he said with a chuckle. The disaster being that he would probably eat everything whilst planning things, and then be super proud, and yet there would be nothing else for anyone else.

Speaking of parties - "I was thinking, yeah, about this dance thing?" Ig put the sandwich back down on his plate as he spoke. He'd completely missed the fact that Kinsay had made a bunch of doughballs until now, but that was going to derail his train of thought and so he pulled his eyes back away from them and up to her face. "Obviously I wanna go with Nerina. But she's big into these sorts of things. And big into being surrounded by her friends and stuff and I thought.... We should make it a group thing? Maybe? Would you be up for that? Would she be up for that?"

Because, you know, all Ig wanted was to make Nerina happy. And she was happiest surrounded by her friends, wasn't she? And speaking of - "We haven't, you're right. How was your summer?"

Old 06-03-2022, 03:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
After a moment, Ignacio took the plunge: he managed, somehow (Mal would probably say the how was down to his big mouth) to get his jaws around the sandwich. And, after taking a bite, he was struggling to chew slightly, and therefore just nodded at Kinsay for a moment.

Which gave his brain time to work out what she was actually saying. Managing to swallow, he wiped a hand across his mouth and shook his head. "Kins. Whilst I love food, that sounds like a recipe for disaster," he said with a chuckle. The disaster being that he would probably eat everything whilst planning things, and then be super proud, and yet there would be nothing else for anyone else.

Speaking of parties - "I was thinking, yeah, about this dance thing?" Ig put the sandwich back down on his plate as he spoke. He'd completely missed the fact that Kinsay had made a bunch of doughballs until now, but that was going to derail his train of thought and so he pulled his eyes back away from them and up to her face. "Obviously I wanna go with Nerina. But she's big into these sorts of things. And big into being surrounded by her friends and stuff and I thought.... We should make it a group thing? Maybe? Would you be up for that? Would she be up for that?"

Because, you know, all Ig wanted was to make Nerina happy. And she was happiest surrounded by her friends, wasn't she? And speaking of - "We haven't, you're right. How was your summer?"
When Ignacio looked about ready to tackle his sandwich, Kinsay stopped playing with her piece of bread to give him her full attention. She was curious, ok? And a little bored. And not only was this free entertainment, but it was also something she wanted to see for herself. Hopefully he wouldn't be gross about it though. Sometimes boys were gross when they ate. That's another thing girls were better at. #Feminism. Despite her concerns, however, she was quite impressed when Ignacio managed to take a clean bite, though his after-bite struggle did not go unnoticed. Kins didn't point it out though because she was super polite like that. And she even made sure to give him time to chew before expecting him to talk. So, so gracious of her.

But when he did finally speak, Kinsay furrowed her brows in confusion. "Disaster?" She asked, tilting her head. "How come?" If asking Ignacio to help with any future party planning would end in disaster, it was important to know now. So despite having a mission, this was also equally important to understand. See? Contrary to public opinion, Kinsay could prioritize more than one thing if she needed to. Sometimes. When she deemed it important enough to do so.

And on the topic of important matters, The Dance was at the top of Kinsay's list. It was nice to have something to look forward to, you know? As Ignacio explained his train of thought, Kins began arranging her doughballs again. But she was still listening, ok? "Mmm," she nodded slowly, thinking about his proposal. Honestly? It was kind of a relief. Kins was trying hard not to think about it, but, like, she had wondered if her friends would couple off, leaving her to be on her own for the night. Which was. It was. She just. Yeah. She hadn't ever had to think about these things, you know? Like, before, she always had Matty, but now. It was. She. Yeah. So.

She smiled a little bit, smushing one of the doughballs flat under her palm. "I think that's a great idea, IG. We were thinking to get ready all together anyway." The girls, she meant. "That'd make it really easy to meet up before the dance." And knowing Nerina, she'd probably be delighted by the idea too, Kinsay was sure. "Who were you thinking for the group?" Because Kinsay had opinions, but she wanted to know what his were.

Anyway. Back to The Mission. "My summer was fantastic. I only wish it had gone longer. It's always way too short." Sad. "But I want to hear about your summer! What made you decide to ask Nerina the big question the first day back?" Rolling a doughball out of the way, she leaaaaned forward on her elbows, bum hovering over the bench. She was all ears.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-10-2022, 10:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
When Ignacio looked about ready to tackle his sandwich, Kinsay stopped playing with her piece of bread to give him her full attention. She was curious, ok? And a little bored. And not only was this free entertainment, but it was also something she wanted to see for herself. Hopefully he wouldn't be gross about it though. Sometimes boys were gross when they ate. That's another thing girls were better at. #Feminism. Despite her concerns, however, she was quite impressed when Ignacio managed to take a clean bite, though his after-bite struggle did not go unnoticed. Kins didn't point it out though because she was super polite like that. And she even made sure to give him time to chew before expecting him to talk. So, so gracious of her.

But when he did finally speak, Kinsay furrowed her brows in confusion. "Disaster?" She asked, tilting her head. "How come?" If asking Ignacio to help with any future party planning would end in disaster, it was important to know now. So despite having a mission, this was also equally important to understand. See? Contrary to public opinion, Kinsay could prioritize more than one thing if she needed to. Sometimes. When she deemed it important enough to do so.

And on the topic of important matters, The Dance was at the top of Kinsay's list. It was nice to have something to look forward to, you know? As Ignacio explained his train of thought, Kins began arranging her doughballs again. But she was still listening, ok? "Mmm," she nodded slowly, thinking about his proposal. Honestly? It was kind of a relief. Kins was trying hard not to think about it, but, like, she had wondered if her friends would couple off, leaving her to be on her own for the night. Which was. It was. She just. Yeah. She hadn't ever had to think about these things, you know? Like, before, she always had Matty, but now. It was. She. Yeah. So.

She smiled a little bit, smushing one of the doughballs flat under her palm. "I think that's a great idea, IG. We were thinking to get ready all together anyway." The girls, she meant. "That'd make it really easy to meet up before the dance." And knowing Nerina, she'd probably be delighted by the idea too, Kinsay was sure. "Who were you thinking for the group?" Because Kinsay had opinions, but she wanted to know what his were.

Anyway. Back to The Mission. "My summer was fantastic. I only wish it had gone longer. It's always way too short." Sad. "But I want to hear about your summer! What made you decide to ask Nerina the big question the first day back?" Rolling a doughball out of the way, she leaaaaned forward on her elbows, bum hovering over the bench. She was all ears.
Shrugging, Ignacio put his sandwich back down on the plate. He was giving up on that for now, because conversations with Kinsay were more important. See, he was good at all this friend malarkey. And he needed to EXPLAIN his disaster, so she didn't just un-invite him completely from any future parties. "'Cause, like, I'd just end up trying all of the food. And then there wouldn't be any left for the actual party," he explained. Whilst he would be confident enough to say the food was good, there would be nothing to back him up.

And he might make himself ill and miss the party entirely, which was another disastrous outcome, but he wasn't going to share that. It was kind of gross, and he didn't want Kinsay to think he was gross, or WORSE - to tell Nerina that he was gross.

Ig watched her squish the doughballs, resisting the urge to rescue them from under her hands. He was distracted by her agreement, though, his dopey grin looking even brighter and dopier than usual. "Yeah? Fantastic," he managed, whilst refraining from clapping his hands together like a giddy child. As long as Kinsay agreed that Nerina would love it, he was happy. And it meant more time with friends, and maybe new friends, which was always a good thing. As for who.... Well, he'd kind of been hoping that Kinsay would figure that part out.

But he could have a go, right? So, face screwed up a little in concentration, he ticked some people off his fingers. "Um, I think Nerina would like Gideon there, right?" Get the awkward one out of the way first. Merlin knew Gideon didn't like Ignacio, and who could BLAME him. "You, obviously." Kinsay was a given, did she know? "Christianna, Lumi, Sammy & Evan..." he had to include his dormmates, of course. "Maybe Valentina?" He didn't know how friendly she was with Kinsay and Nerina, but she was his friend, so. "Anyone else?"

Eying his sandwich again, Ignacio nodded. "Agreed. I wish it was the other way around, you know? School as short as summer, summer as long as school." He wasn't sure if it made sense to her, but it made sense in his head and therefore he'd said it aloud. About to ask how she'd spent the summer, Ig ended up blushing a little as she turned the topic onto him. And his girlfriend. Dreamy sighing was mentally happening. "Oh, you know... We hung out over the summer. And I just, like, really, really like spending time with her, you know? And kind of, like, didn't want to just be friends who snogged." There was also the whole thing of getting jealous when he thought about her snogging anyone else, and the wanting to be able to surprise her with presents and kisses and tell everyone about her, but he refrained from saying that.

Didn't want Kins to think he was too full on.

Old 06-14-2022, 02:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Shrugging, Ignacio put his sandwich back down on the plate. He was giving up on that for now, because conversations with Kinsay were more important. See, he was good at all this friend malarkey. And he needed to EXPLAIN his disaster, so she didn't just un-invite him completely from any future parties. "'Cause, like, I'd just end up trying all of the food. And then there wouldn't be any left for the actual party," he explained. Whilst he would be confident enough to say the food was good, there would be nothing to back him up.

And he might make himself ill and miss the party entirely, which was another disastrous outcome, but he wasn't going to share that. It was kind of gross, and he didn't want Kinsay to think he was gross, or WORSE - to tell Nerina that he was gross.

Ig watched her squish the doughballs, resisting the urge to rescue them from under her hands. He was distracted by her agreement, though, his dopey grin looking even brighter and dopier than usual. "Yeah? Fantastic," he managed, whilst refraining from clapping his hands together like a giddy child. As long as Kinsay agreed that Nerina would love it, he was happy. And it meant more time with friends, and maybe new friends, which was always a good thing. As for who.... Well, he'd kind of been hoping that Kinsay would figure that part out.

But he could have a go, right? So, face screwed up a little in concentration, he ticked some people off his fingers. "Um, I think Nerina would like Gideon there, right?" Get the awkward one out of the way first. Merlin knew Gideon didn't like Ignacio, and who could BLAME him. "You, obviously." Kinsay was a given, did she know? "Christianna, Lumi, Sammy & Evan..." he had to include his dormmates, of course. "Maybe Valentina?" He didn't know how friendly she was with Kinsay and Nerina, but she was his friend, so. "Anyone else?"

Eying his sandwich again, Ignacio nodded. "Agreed. I wish it was the other way around, you know? School as short as summer, summer as long as school." He wasn't sure if it made sense to her, but it made sense in his head and therefore he'd said it aloud. About to ask how she'd spent the summer, Ig ended up blushing a little as she turned the topic onto him. And his girlfriend. Dreamy sighing was mentally happening. "Oh, you know... We hung out over the summer. And I just, like, really, really like spending time with her, you know? And kind of, like, didn't want to just be friends who snogged." There was also the whole thing of getting jealous when he thought about her snogging anyone else, and the wanting to be able to surprise her with presents and kisses and tell everyone about her, but he refrained from saying that.

Didn't want Kins to think he was too full on.
As it was, Kinsay didn't want to play anymore parties in the future. She's decided that she's done with that. It was too much drama. So IG really needn't worry about getting uninvited, though it was sweet that he was making his case all the same. And Kins gave him her full attention because she's polite. "Oh." This was not the explanation that she had expected, ngl. Of all the excuses, this one was ... strange. But honest, in a refreshing sort of way too. Maybe. "Okay, I guess that's fair. You can be the party hype man instead." This was a job she was confident he'd succeed in.

Even while making more doughballs, she continued to listen. It wasn't distracting. It actually helped. So. Yeah. "Definitely." She replied with a firm nod. Kins wanted Gideon there too, obviously. The rest of hs list also sounded good, so Kins made sure to visibly show her approval before tacking on a few other necessary names. "Emm and Emma, for sure. Maybe Moose and Adam too, but we'd need to confirm with C." Because what they didn't need was drama. So that'd have to be left in C's hands. All in all, it was a pretty solid list. Well done, IG. Usually Kinsay didn't trust other people to get the work done, but Igancio kind of killed it. She wouldn't be telling hm that though. In case it got to his head, y'know? So really she was doing him a favor in that regard.

"Tell me about it!" Again, Kinsay agreed. It totally made sense. Maybe she and IG were more similar than she had thought. Weird. Kinsay wasn't sure she liked that (no offense). Anyway. She continued to stack several doughballs on top of each other, giving the illusion that she wasn't paying close attention to the way he reacted to her question. But, in reality, she was for suuuuuure scrutinizing him. Every single detail. She had a mission to complete, of course, and part of that was in her report back so. She needed to get all of it. "I had no idea!" That he really liked spending time with Nerina, that is. (She had every idea, but for the sake of her mission, it behooved her to play along). "How's it been so far?"

It was too late for that. Kins knew.

You are Lemon!