FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1054 users online including...
Waddles , Eldardbr , Eldarixl , EpicksonCow , Eldaregq , Alexrut , Austinwals , KeithStymn , Eldarzfh , Ronaldsnut

15 members
1039 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-04-2021, 05:10 AM

Default Technology? Lounge

The technology lounge looks about the same as it did last term. There are still two old school computers set up along the far wall, along with a Pac-Man arcade machine in one of the corners. There are several different Muggle board games and card games available, stacked on a small set of shelves along another wall. Bean bag chairs are placed all around the room. There are also a couple of couches and a set of four regular chairs with an empty table for the tabletop games.

Overall, it still leans more into the lounge part than the technology part of its name, but at least it is pretty cozy.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel had been in the middle of opening his mouth to say exactly what was on his mind when Ashley told him to not answer the question. He shut his mouth closed again. Fine, whatever.

He understood that she wanted to check out which charms were being used for the computers. If he had been interested in it he would have done the same thing. "Why don't you ask Professor Applewood?" he asked. Surely, Professor Schmoe had told her how it worked, right?

What was HE doing? He was tempted to return her words earlier and also ask her what it looked like he was doing. But chose against it and went with an even more obnoxious answer. "Sitting on a bean bag chair, obviously" he said before moving to get up from the chair and walked towards the table that she was under.

"You need an extra light?" he asked as he lighted up his wand with a simple Lumos spell.

"Because it didn't occur to me." That was true. When Ash had a problem, she saw two possibilities. A. Solve the problem. B. Don't solve the problem, and watch it get bigger until it destroys you. Did asking for assistance... or permission... or advice factor into that? Not really. For a long time, she had been left alone, both physically and mentally. Asking for help? For what? From who? Why? "Maybe I'll ask later. But I know about all the physical computer stuff. Even these ones from the stone age."

Okay, maybe not the stone age, but like... still really old. Definitely before the time of her father's company.

She coughed again, choosing to ignore Daniel's tone. "That sounds really boring." How could he just sit in one place? And do nothing? Was he being annoying because he was bored or was he bored because he didn't have people to talk to because he was annoying??? Or was he not bored at all? Ash chose not to ask.

"Nah I don't need another light, I could just make my own light stronger. I know some good lumos spells. I even know lumos solem, just in case I ever meet another acromantula." In case she needed to blind somebody while she ran away.

"What I really need is a vacuum cleaner. Know any spells for that?"
Old 11-06-2021, 11:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

"Because it didn't occur to me." That was true. When Ash had a problem, she saw two possibilities. A. Solve the problem. B. Don't solve the problem, and watch it get bigger until it destroys you. Did asking for assistance... or permission... or advice factor into that? Not really. For a long time, she had been left alone, both physically and mentally. Asking for help? For what? From who? Why? "Maybe I'll ask later. But I know about all the physical computer stuff. Even these ones from the stone age."

Okay, maybe not the stone age, but like... still really old. Definitely before the time of her father's company.

She coughed again, choosing to ignore Daniel's tone. "That sounds really boring." How could he just sit in one place? And do nothing? Was he being annoying because he was bored or was he bored because he didn't have people to talk to because he was annoying??? Or was he not bored at all? Ash chose not to ask.

"Nah I don't need another light, I could just make my own light stronger. I know some good lumos spells. I even know lumos solem, just in case I ever meet another acromantula." In case she needed to blind somebody while she ran away.

"What I really need is a vacuum cleaner. Know any spells for that?"

Despite having been sorted in to the 'hardworking' House, Daniel believed in smart work not hard work. So when Ashley told him that she had not thought about asking Professor Applewood how the computers worked he had been mildly surprised.

He was NOT surprised about the older girl having knowledge about computers seeing as she was a Muggleborn as well. "The stone age didn't have computers" he corrected not realizing that she was making a joke.

His brother knew a lot about computers as well, he had even heard him speak about his guilt of destroying the room and had wanted to use his money to buy Schmoe some new devices. But since he wasn't interested in any of that he had never asked him if he had or not.

Disappointed that she did not need extra light, Daniel undid the light on his wand and was about to put it back in his wand holster when she asked for a different spell.

"I do know the vacuum cleaner spell!" he said, sounded a tad bit more excited than the situation needed and left out the detail that he had NEVER tried it before so this should be interesting.... "Should i use it?" he asked.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Despite having been sorted in to the 'hardworking' House, Daniel believed in smart work not hard work. So when Ashley told him that she had not thought about asking Professor Applewood how the computers worked he had been mildly surprised.

He was NOT surprised about the older girl having knowledge about computers seeing as she was a Muggleborn as well. "The stone age didn't have computers" he corrected not realizing that she was making a joke.

His brother knew a lot about computers as well, he had even heard him speak about his guilt of destroying the room and had wanted to use his money to buy Schmoe some new devices. But since he wasn't interested in any of that he had never asked him if he had or not.

Disappointed that she did not need extra light, Daniel undid the light on his wand and was about to put it back in his wand holster when she asked for a different spell.

"I do know the vacuum cleaner spell!" he said, sounded a tad bit more excited than the situation needed and left out the detail that he had NEVER tried it before so this should be interesting.... "Should i use it?" he asked.
”You’re right, I was exaggerating. These computers are from the Middle Ages, which was long after the Stone Age.” And before he corrected her again... he should probably consider that they lived in a scary castle practicing magic and fearing for their lives. So.

Ash didn’t need a vacuum spell from him, actually. She knew one. But he looked so excited... “sure you can try it, I guess.” She moved out from under the table so he’d have space.

“Don’t mess up the cords.”
Old 11-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

"Actually, the Middle Ages also didn't ha--" he sighed, she was pulling his leg right? He knew that Ashley was a Muggleborn so of course she must have had some idea when computers were invented. "Nevermind" he said instead.

His face seemed to light up with excitement at the thought of using magic. Had he ever told anyone how much he loved magic? Cause he did. He found it fascinating and wanted to learn about it as much as possible. Except for Flying...unless they were speeding, then it was cool. So he was not going to pass up an opportunity to use it.

He stepped aside as the older Ravenclaw got out from under the table and then crouched down himself. He didn't go under the table but stayed in front of it and pointed his wand at the dust. "I don't mess things up" he lied confidently before he moved his wand in a pattern and mumbled the incantation.

The result was instant. But courtesy of his wand getting a mind of his own from time to time, it had the opposite effect. Instead of vacuuming the dust, Daniel had accidentally caused the dust to fly everywhere under the table and the Hufflepuff sneezed LOUDLY as some of it came in his nose.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Daniel
Quote:
"Actually, the Middle Ages also didn't ha--" he sighed, she was pulling his leg right? He knew that Ashley was a Muggleborn so of course she must have had some idea when computers were invented. "Nevermind" he said instead.

His face seemed to light up with excitement at the thought of using magic. Had he ever told anyone how much he loved magic? Cause he did. He found it fascinating and wanted to learn about it as much as possible. Except for Flying...unless they were speeding, then it was cool. So he was not going to pass up an opportunity to use it.

He stepped aside as the older Ravenclaw got out from under the table and then crouched down himself. He didn't go under the table but stayed in front of it and pointed his wand at the dust. "I don't mess things up" he lied confidently before he moved his wand in a pattern and mumbled the incantation.

The result was instant. But courtesy of his wand getting a mind of his own from time to time, it had the opposite effect. Instead of vacuuming the dust, Daniel had accidentally caused the dust to fly everywhere under the table and the Hufflepuff sneezed LOUDLY as some of it came in his nose.

Ash was not quite ‘pulling his leg’, but she was half-joking. Of course she knew when computers were invented. Need she remind him that her Father(who Daniel almost certainly knew) founded a company that made computers? Oh well, at least he realized.

I don’t mess things up. Ash politely didn’t point out that everyone made awful mistakes constantly. She’d let Daniel have his moment. Manners and all.

Ash suppressed a smile as Daniel messed up horribly. She wasn’t laughing at a failed spell attempt from a younger year. Even if it was funny. Because she was ‘mature’, or at the very least... she knew that making fun of other’s honest mistakes was mean. She crouched down next to him and looked under the table. “Why don’t you try again? That spell had the exact opposite effect from what you wanted, so either you’re using the opposite spell or you just messed it up a bit, harmlessly of course. I think you’re close.”