sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1081 users online including...
Svetlsfc , Hannahyfx

2 members
1079 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-19-2021, 11:10 PM

Default Charms Lesson 2-The Graffiti Charm

Quote:
Watch Your Step!
Mind the vines and find yourself a seat. Class will be starting shortly.

Neva didn't have a green thumb, but she fancied herself a plant appreciator. At least, she had up until recently. Her classroom, once a sanctuary for spell casting, was now looking more like a scene out of the secret garden. Large vines twist their way along the floor, some working their way up the walls. And while the vine look was a pleasant enough aesthetic, it didn't exactly lend itself well to a space for practicing Charms. Distractions and tripping hazards never would.

The Charms professor stood with her hands on her hips, frowning at a vine that had worked its way right under her desk, causing it to tilt awkwardly. She'd just taken care of this matter the morning before and yet...well, to say she was frustrated would be putting things mildly. Best to tread lightly and find your seat as the board has instructed. Professor P is already in a mood and class will be starting shortly.

OOC: Welcome to another Charms lesson! As always, all SS and Classroom rules apply!

Class has ENDED! Thanks for coming!

Class Progression:
-First Questions
-Second Question
-Spell Reveal and Practice Instructions
-Main Activity
-That's a wrap!
Old 10-26-2021, 03:39 AM   #51 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default Does anyone want to partner up!?
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

This was the best lesson. Except for the fact that Kinsay still wasn't feeling up to trying out the spell in front of an audience. She managed to get by the practice session by waving her wand around and "practicing" the incantation without putting it into action... But actually having to do it? That was different.

So, obviously, the best course of action would be to find a partner to work with and ask them to do the grunt work, while she could stand next to them and give them direction and encouragement. It would be an equal partnership like that.

So instead of getting to work right away, Kinsay looked around the room to see if any of her friends needed a partner. She almost moved towards Evan, but he looked like he was already working on something, so she decided not to interrupt. She didn't want to be incessant about it.

You are Lemon!
Old 10-26-2021, 03:58 AM   #52 (permalink)
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
Default hey there partner!!
SUMMER FOREVER

Val was having plenty of fun with the spell to be honest. She kept changing colours and her canvas looked like a hot mess now. Oops. She glanced up when the professor spoke. OOOOH. Another cool activity. This was officially the best lesson ever!!!

"Hey, Kinsay. Want to do this together??" She beamed at Kinsay enthusiastically. She'd rather work with a friend and since Kins didn't seem to have a partner yet.. unless she preferred to work alone.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Val was having plenty of fun with the spell to be honest. She kept changing colours and her canvas looked like a hot mess now. Oops. She glanced up when the professor spoke. OOOOH. Another cool activity. This was officially the best lesson ever!!!

"Hey, Kinsay. Want to do this together??" She beamed at Kinsay enthusiastically. She'd rather work with a friend and since Kins didn't seem to have a partner yet.. unless she preferred to work alone.
Valentina! To say Kinsay was relieved was an understatement. "Definitely!" She couldn't have thought of a better case scenario. Val would understand, Kins was so sure of it. So she nodded and started scooting her desk closer to Val's. It was so lucky that they were already sitting next to each other - it made this whole thing that much easier.

"Do you have any ideas?" Kins hadn't yet given it thought, but surely she could come up with a whole bunch if she paused for a moment to think. Instead, she turned to a blank page of her notebook to begin jotting down whatever they decided on so that they could do a rough draft before spray painting the wall!

You are Lemon!
Old 10-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #54 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

CLAUDINE WANTED TO WORK WITH HER!!! Ash knew they were friends, but??? Claudine was so good at art??? And so cool??? And awesome??? This was the best day ever. Ash loved working with Claudine on art stuff.

Life hack: don’t ask Ash about what she wants to do. Because either she’ll have no idea, or she’ll go into excessive and completely unnecessary detail about the thing she wants to do.

“Well, I know this is repetitive, but I was planning on drawing a phoenix... cause it’s not just my favorite animal, I know a lot of other people who like that phoenixes symbolize perseverance and rebirth and really I think they look cool. The problem is, I wanna find something inspirational to write next to it, but my handwriting is really bad. Whether I’m using spray paint or pen, it’s just horrible, and I want it to look nice so maybe...” Ash trailed off, suddenly aware of how long she’d been talking for. She turned red. “I mean, um, would you like to share some of your own ideas as well?” Yes, Ashley Fox was kind and thoughtful. She tried to be, at least.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:30 PM   #55 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Howdy, partner! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
CLAUDINE WANTED TO WORK WITH HER!!! Ash knew they were friends, but??? Claudine was so good at art??? And so cool??? And awesome??? This was the best day ever. Ash loved working with Claudine on art stuff.

Life hack: don’t ask Ash about what she wants to do. Because either she’ll have no idea, or she’ll go into excessive and completely unnecessary detail about the thing she wants to do.

“Well, I know this is repetitive, but I was planning on drawing a phoenix... cause it’s not just my favorite animal, I know a lot of other people who like that phoenixes symbolize perseverance and rebirth and really I think they look cool. The problem is, I wanna find something inspirational to write next to it, but my handwriting is really bad. Whether I’m using spray paint or pen, it’s just horrible, and I want it to look nice so maybe...” Ash trailed off, suddenly aware of how long she’d been talking for. She turned red. “I mean, um, would you like to share some of your own ideas as well?” Yes, Ashley Fox was kind and thoughtful. She tried to be, at least.

How could Claudine not have worked with Ash? That Ravenclaw was sensible, talented at artsy stuff and downright comfortable to be around. She listened to Ash’s words then shook her head when the other girl was done talking. “Don’t worry about being repetitive. I think it’s a great idea to create a phoenix. It can represent someone pulling themselves out of a very dark situation.” Out of helplessness and so forth. Claudine was game for this idea.

“You should add flames at the bottom and depict the phoenix as it rises from them,” the seventh year suggested, highly enthusiastic about this project. “As for the writing, I can cover that.” Claudine’s handwriting was never bad if she said so herself. “I just need to find the right quote. Why don’t you get started on the phoenix while I brainstorm one?”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 10-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #56 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

The spell was pretty straightforward, and it was a quick study for Noah. While the rest were practising (read: making a mess), he'd filled his canvass with all the possible colours he could think of until he was able to make what seems to be abstract art. He'd never figured out how some artists were paid thousands of galleons for simple strokes here and there, but what was more interesting was the fact that there were people who actually come and participate in buying such artworks through auctioning. He'd been to one when he accompanied his great grandpa and grandma to one...and he still couldn't believe what he'd witnessed. All that he'd heard from his great grands was that it was an investment.

Let's just say he's got a lot to learn while living the high-society life.

Anyhow, back to class, Noah need not be told twice as he got himself a blank white wall all to himself. It seemed that everyone was partnered up, so the Gryffindor went ahead to do his graffiti. Something inspirational or nice? Well, conveniently, he remembered a nice quotable quote from a brilliant muggle scientist that was even older than his great-grandparents. In fact, they weren't even born yet when said scientist died. That ancient, people.

And so Noah began to work, spraying his area with a nice shocking green as base, and doodled away the rest of Charms period.

Text Cut: 'ze masterpiece

Words to live by, in his opinion. It came in handy every time he accessed the RoR. Just saying.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:01 PM   #57 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Anyone still need a partner, feel free to join me

Violet had hoped to find a partner who was better at art than she was (meaning, pretty much anyone), but it seemed most of the budding artists were already paired up. So, still hoping someone might show up at the last minute, she'd snagged a section of empty, vine-free wall for herself and thought about what she wanted to say on it. Because she'd found during the practice that she was much better at making letters than attempting to draw anything. And she had some ideas.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:44 AM   #58 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Older sister
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

How could Claudine not have worked with Ash? That Ravenclaw was sensible, talented at artsy stuff and downright comfortable to be around. She listened to Ash’s words then shook her head when the other girl was done talking. “Don’t worry about being repetitive. I think it’s a great idea to create a phoenix. It can represent someone pulling themselves out of a very dark situation.” Out of helplessness and so forth. Claudine was game for this idea.

“You should add flames at the bottom and depict the phoenix as it rises from them,” the seventh year suggested, highly enthusiastic about this project. “As for the writing, I can cover that.” Claudine’s handwriting was never bad if she said so herself. “I just need to find the right quote. Why don’t you get started on the phoenix while I brainstorm one?”

Claudine was possibly the best ever and Ash very very quietly adored her. Claudine didn't make her feel bad. Claudine made her feel happy, which was an uncommon emotion for her. So.

"I love phoenixes." Yeah, Captain Obvious. If Claudine had been to the the 4th-year Ravenclaw girl's dorm, she would have been easily able to figure out which bed was Ash's. From the phoenix drawings and the phoenix blanket and the phoenix hoodie and the phoenix... everything. (In Ash's defense, most of those things were gifts.)

"sure, I'll add the flames." She grinned. "Can't have a phoenix without any flames." Which came first, the phoenix or the flame? The common room would say something dumb about circles. Ash would say the flame came first... after all, you could have a flame with no phoenix, but you couldn't have a phoenix without any flames.

"Make sure the writing has something to do with no longer being in a dark place full of suffering and stuff, just like you said. I like that interpretation." It was perfect. And it meant something to her especially, so it wasn't like they were writing something she didn't believe. "Pingaerosol black." She very very carefully made an outline for the phoenix... and NO she did not get spray paint all over her classmates. Pingaerosol... gosh, what color red to pick?

It looked like they were both brainstorming now.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #59 (permalink)
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Valentina! To say Kinsay was relieved was an understatement. "Definitely!" She couldn't have thought of a better case scenario. Val would understand, Kins was so sure of it. So she nodded and started scooting her desk closer to Val's. It was so lucky that they were already sitting next to each other - it made this whole thing that much easier.

"Do you have any ideas?" Kins hadn't yet given it thought, but surely she could come up with a whole bunch if she paused for a moment to think. Instead, she turned to a blank page of her notebook to begin jotting down whatever they decided on so that they could do a rough draft before spray painting the wall!
Valentina couldn't help feeling relieved too. It was nice to be partnering up with a friend rather than with someone she didn't know - but on the other hand, it would be an opportunity to make new friends. Anyway. Ideas?? She frowned, not having come up with anything yet. Isn't Kinsay better at this stuff?

"Maybe it can be a phrase rather than a picture, you know?"
Old 10-27-2021, 10:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Lil Sis! <3
Quote:

Claudine was possibly the best ever and Ash very very quietly adored her. Claudine didn't make her feel bad. Claudine made her feel happy, which was an uncommon emotion for her. So.

"I love phoenixes." Yeah, Captain Obvious. If Claudine had been to the the 4th-year Ravenclaw girl's dorm, she would have been easily able to figure out which bed was Ash's. From the phoenix drawings and the phoenix blanket and the phoenix hoodie and the phoenix... everything. (In Ash's defense, most of those things were gifts.)

"sure, I'll add the flames." She grinned. "Can't have a phoenix without any flames." Which came first, the phoenix or the flame? The common room would say something dumb about circles. Ash would say the flame came first... after all, you could have a flame with no phoenix, but you couldn't have a phoenix without any flames.

"Make sure the writing has something to do with no longer being in a dark place full of suffering and stuff, just like you said. I like that interpretation." It was perfect. And it meant something to her especially, so it wasn't like they were writing something she didn't believe. "Pingaerosol black." She very very carefully made an outline for the phoenix... and NO she did not get spray paint all over her classmates. Pingaerosol... gosh, what color red to pick?

It looked like they were both brainstorming now.

Claudine grinned, pleased that Ash seemed so enthusiastic and happy about this and that the girl’s love for phoenixes seemed to have gotten stronger. It was nice for her to have something positive to admire. “I know you do. That’s why this will be a perfect project for you to do. I’ll be here to help if you need it.” But for now, Claudine would stand back and let Ash have her moment.

Keeping in mind what Ash had said in agreement about the words, the Snakette put on her thinking cap {not literally, of course}. She divided her attention between thinking and watching Ash. So far, Ash was handling things. Shortly after, Claudine zoned out for about a minute. Coming back to reality, she realised that she hadn’t even noticed when her mind slipped away from reality. “I think I’ve got it. What do you think of ‘No longer will you fear the darkness once you realise the phoenix in you will rise from the ashes’, Ash?”

Old 10-28-2021, 01:31 AM   #61 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Incessant was not something Evan attributed to Kinsay James. So while he did not notice her look over or anything even indicating she had considered pairing up with him, had he there definitely would have been an open invitation to do so. And there would have been the nagging reminder once again that he was concerned with how... withdrawn she seemed lately. Perhaps something for another day.

Not paying much attention to anything anyone else was currently working on, Evan decided with color scheme decided and quote picked - he would just start throwing it up on the walls. To him, graffiti was about spontaneity, which while made him uncomfortable he still wanted to embrace the experience. "Pin-gaer-o-sol black!" Again with the classic color, in order to put a background for underneath his quote. Once he'd got a less than perfect rectangle of black (left flawed intentionally), he finished up with that color before casting again with gray in order to add some accents and a shading type look to the back drop.

Once that was done, it was time to tackle his words. The first line was done with green, and the words Success is not final.

Following that came a line of red. Failure is not fatal.

And the last line was then done with yellow. It is the courage to continue that counts. It wasn't the proper order of an actual traffic stop, but frankly he thought the colors were fitting with the wording and so he'd decided to go for it. And frankly, he was quite liking the way it turned out. He then proceeded to use gray again to put Winston Churchill at the bottom, signifying where the quote itself had come from - as it was not his own words.

Rather pleased with the result, he turned again to his canvas. If there was a little bit of class time left, he might as well have fun with playing with the colors and experimenting.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 10-28-2021, 02:41 AM   #62 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Valentina couldn't help feeling relieved too. It was nice to be partnering up with a friend rather than with someone she didn't know - but on the other hand, it would be an opportunity to make new friends. Anyway. Ideas?? She frowned, not having come up with anything yet. Isn't Kinsay better at this stuff?

"Maybe it can be a phrase rather than a picture, you know?"
The assignment was most definitely up Kinsay's alley, but she didn't want to be too commandeering, especially as she would be asking Valentina to do all the spellwork in just a moment. She didn't want to be too incessant about things and turn Val away by accident.

"I like that idea," she offered her friend a tiny smile. In truth, Kiz would've rather painted a big mural on the wall, but ... to reiterate, she didn't want to be the one doing the spellwork. So. They'd have to go with what Val wanted. "Maybe we can write a joke!" Jokes were positive. They made people laugh.

You are Lemon!
Old 10-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #63 (permalink)
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
The assignment was most definitely up Kinsay's alley, but she didn't want to be too commandeering, especially as she would be asking Valentina to do all the spellwork in just a moment. She didn't want to be too incessant about things and turn Val away by accident.

"I like that idea," she offered her friend a tiny smile. In truth, Kiz would've rather painted a big mural on the wall, but ... to reiterate, she didn't want to be the one doing the spellwork. So. They'd have to go with what Val wanted. "Maybe we can write a joke!" Jokes were positive. They made people laugh.

Valentina smiled. She wasn't exactly good with artwork unless Kinsay planned on painting.. which would honestly be better. But, since she didn't offer, val just assumed that she probably didn't want to.. which was cool with her. So, words it is.

A joke?? She frowned in thought. "A joke would be nice! Do you have anything particular in mind?"
Old 10-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #64 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Did said message necessarily have to be inspirational? Because Dia was drawing a blank over here. Inspiration wasn't exactly in her wheelhouse. Not to mention, it seemed kind of antithetical to what graffiti usually was: an act of rebellion.

After mentally debating this for a few minutes, she finally decided on something. "Pingaerosol green." She quickly "sprayed" her message on her chosen piece of wall and stepped back. Her message?

Lydia waz here.

So it wasn't inspirational. But it was totally in the spirit of graffiti, which she felt was more important.

You are Salt!
Old 10-28-2021, 09:45 PM   #65 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Claudine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Claudine grinned, pleased that Ash seemed so enthusiastic and happy about this and that the girl’s love for phoenixes seemed to have gotten stronger. It was nice for her to have something positive to admire. “I know you do. That’s why this will be a perfect project for you to do. I’ll be here to help if you need it.” But for now, Claudine would stand back and let Ash have her moment.

Keeping in mind what Ash had said in agreement about the words, the Snakette put on her thinking cap {not literally, of course}. She divided her attention between thinking and watching Ash. So far, Ash was handling things. Shortly after, Claudine zoned out for about a minute. Coming back to reality, she realised that she hadn’t even noticed when her mind slipped away from reality. “I think I’ve got it. What do you think of ‘No longer will you fear the darkness once you realise the phoenix in you will rise from the ashes’, Ash?”

See? This was someone who GOT it! Ash was so rarely happy, and here was something that never failed to cheer her up. It wasn't stupid, it was beautiful. And that was the hill she would die on.

Wow, Claudine was smart. So smart. And she came up with good sayings. Ash was glad she was working with her. "Hm? Oh, I think that's really good. But maybe we could change one word so that it's 'No longer will you fear the fire... or flames, I don't know, once you realize the phoenix inside you will rise from the ashes?" Ashes, get it? That amused Ash endlessly. She was destined to love phoenixes. HER NAME WAS ASH AND SHE WAS SAD. It was perfect. "It would work as is too."

Ash turned back to her painting. "What shade of red should I use," she wondered aloud. The question had her stuck for a full minute, until she decided to just have the shade come to her mind as she painted. "Pingaerosol red." and she visualized the color. What came out was a dark, dull red color, but the edges of the phoenix were definitely lighter and more orange. Ash liked it a lot.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:19 PM   #66 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet had wound up working alone, so she went ahead with her idea of sticking to just letters. What she wound up with was a vivid green background, with fat, angular black letters outlined in white and then outlined again in black, reading:

BECOME WHO YOU ARE

There. That was pretty inspirational, Violet thought.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Teammate! <3
Quote:

See? This was someone who GOT it! Ash was so rarely happy, and here was something that never failed to cheer her up. It wasn't stupid, it was beautiful. And that was the hill she would die on.

Wow, Claudine was smart. So smart. And she came up with good sayings. Ash was glad she was working with her. "Hm? Oh, I think that's really good. But maybe we could change one word so that it's 'No longer will you fear the fire... or flames, I don't know, once you realize the phoenix inside you will rise from the ashes?" Ashes, get it? That amused Ash endlessly. She was destined to love phoenixes. HER NAME WAS ASH AND SHE WAS SAD. It was perfect. "It would work as is too."

Ash turned back to her painting. "What shade of red should I use," she wondered aloud. The question had her stuck for a full minute, until she decided to just have the shade come to her mind as she painted. "Pingaerosol red." and she visualized the color. What came out was a dark, dull red color, but the edges of the phoenix were definitely lighter and more orange. Ash liked it a lot.

See, one of the good things about working with Ash was that she was not afraid to speak up when she had an opinion. This was what Claudine liked a lot. This manner of working together would ensure that they both had an outcome they liked. In this case, stunning artwork.

“I like yours a lot better. ‘No longer will you fear the flames once you realize the phoenix inside you will rise from the ashes’ it is.” Just look at them getting along so well on this. They made quite the team, didn’t they? And now? Now she’d just stand back to watch Ash continue working.

“I think that shade of red is perfect.” Like Ash, she liked all that had taken shape so far. “Now that you’ve got the phoenix down, I think I’ll get started on the words. Pingaerosol green.” Claudine had been aiming for a neon green, so that the message could immediately grab one’s attention, but that shade wasn't what she got. It was more of a darker shade, like moss. Moss green. The shade would have to work. Carefully and neatly, in loopy cursive, the Snakette moved her wand to spell out each of the words. When that was done, she stood back. The words were next to the phoenix’s beak, and it gave her an idea. “Pingaerosol black.” A neat bubble was drawn around the words, much like the bubbles in comics, so it looked as though the words were coming from the phoenix’s beak.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:03 AM   #68 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

As the students brainstormed, Neva navigated around the vines, giving one particularly large one in her path a nudge with her foot and a frown. Moving on, she had kids to observe.

Mr. Nam seemed pretty focused as she passed by and she decided to leave him to it. Who was she to stop someone's creative flow? His quote of choice was a good one, by the way. Miss Blaze and Miss Fox teaming up was going to make for an interesting piece of art, she decided. She was eager to see what they came up with, particularly because Miss Fox seemed so into the art lessons this term. Miss James and Miss Nichols made an adorable pair and whatever they created, something told the Charms Professor it would make their classmates smile. Mr. Mordaunt's creation? Well, it was hard to look away. The paint colors called for your attention and the message held it. She quite liked it. Miss Wolff's addition to the walls? Well. It left something to be desired, but at least she'd gotten the hang of the spell? She'd take that as a win. And then there was Miss Blackthorne, who'd seemed unsure at first, but had actually come up with something that challenged other students to embrace who they were. She'd done well.

Eyeing the time, Neva's eyes widened a little. Merlin, they were cutting it close. "I'm afraid we're out of time for today," She announced as she made her way back to the front of the room. "I want to thank you all for your hard work. If you're interested in continuing your project, we can set up a time to continue working later this week. And as promised, your artwork will remain on the walls for the rest of term." She hoped it inspired them. "For now, pack up your things. Don't want to be late for your next lesson."

OOC: That's all the time we have, friends! Thanks for coming and I hope you enjoyed the lesson!