sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1115 users online including...
Stevendalo , astrocat , gotovim_quMn , natethegreat , workwethozy , Kevinmit , HoustonCoets , Evawxa , Evadng , Anthonylx

13 members
1102 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 63: January - April 2023

Term 63: January - April 2023 Term Sixty-Three: The Calm (Sept 2109 - June 2110)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 01:29 PM

Default Hospital Wing

The cleanest room in the entire castle is, for more than obvious reasons, the hospital wing. Considering this is a magical school and accidents happen, it is not uncommon to see students and even staff being sent or brought here throughout the school year. Rest assured that no matter what mishap or injury you have, the school healer will have you fixed up and back to normal in no time ... depending on the severity, of course.

The primary feature of this decent-sized room are a series of standard issued beds. Accompanying each bed is a set of dividers, meant to give the person staying here privacy, and a wheeled table at the foot of it containing a jar of crystal clear water, glasses, and a vase of brightly coloured flowers. For those staying overnight, the bedside tables contain a set of sterile pyjamas and a pair of clean socks that are charmed to adjust and fit the wearer. Two steel chairs have been provided for visitors -- these are not the most comfortable as the patients here need plenty of rest in order to recover quickly. As per the job description, the healer rarely leaves the room when there are patients under his care and is always on call.

Alongside a storage room and a small clean bathroom for patient use, the healer has an office just off to one side of the main hospital wing where you can speak with him privately, either about medical concerns or in regards to the subject he teaches: Muggle Studies.

OOC: Please do not play for the Healer. They are played by Charely Potter, will be happy to help your character.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ever since he was five, Brandon had been interested in magical and non-magical healing. When asked about it, he claimed that he just liked to help people get better. That wasn't untrue (it wasn't quite the truth either). Over the years, this interest had only become deeper, and now it was very obvious. If he was reading something outside of class, there was a good chance it was a book on healing. He always did better in classes where healing was brought up. He'd joined the healing club. He wanted to know everything there was to know about healing. Because 'he liked to help people and he wanted to be a healer when he grew up'.

His newest way of satisfying his need for knowledge was to hang around the hospital wing when the healer wasn't busy and ask a million and one healing questions, the answers to which he wrote down. What spell makes the socks automatically adjust? How do you go about setting up and running a hospital wing? What simple first-aid things should I have in my first aid kit? What sort of things do healers need to look for in a patient that shows if something isn't right with them? Why do you do the healing here? What sorts of healing magic can be learned by first-years? Do you think having good energy in the hospital wing helps people get better? What do you think about non-magical treatments being used in healing? He had a lot of questions. He tried his best to space them out every few weeks or so. Today he wanted to know about magical and non-magical medicine mixed together, because the healer also taught muggle studies.

Notebook in hand, Brandon looked into the hospital wing and happily noticed that there were no patients in there. That meant he might be able to ask the healer his latest question! "Healer Feirgrund?" he asked hopefully, looking around for him. "I have another question. Sorry." He didn't mean to be annoying. He just had another burning question and it was eating at him!
Old 01-31-2023, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ever since he was five, Brandon had been interested in magical and non-magical healing. When asked about it, he claimed that he just liked to help people get better. That wasn't untrue (it wasn't quite the truth either). Over the years, this interest had only become deeper, and now it was very obvious. If he was reading something outside of class, there was a good chance it was a book on healing. He always did better in classes where healing was brought up. He'd joined the healing club. He wanted to know everything there was to know about healing. Because 'he liked to help people and he wanted to be a healer when he grew up'.

His newest way of satisfying his need for knowledge was to hang around the hospital wing when the healer wasn't busy and ask a million and one healing questions, the answers to which he wrote down. What spell makes the socks automatically adjust? How do you go about setting up and running a hospital wing? What simple first-aid things should I have in my first aid kit? What sort of things do healers need to look for in a patient that shows if something isn't right with them? Why do you do the healing here? What sorts of healing magic can be learned by first-years? Do you think having good energy in the hospital wing helps people get better? What do you think about non-magical treatments being used in healing? He had a lot of questions. He tried his best to space them out every few weeks or so. Today he wanted to know about magical and non-magical medicine mixed together, because the healer also taught muggle studies.

Notebook in hand, Brandon looked into the hospital wing and happily noticed that there were no patients in there. That meant he might be able to ask the healer his latest question! "Healer Feirgrund?" he asked hopefully, looking around for him. "I have another question. Sorry." He didn't mean to be annoying. He just had another burning question and it was eating at him!

Feirgrund was airing out the room. It was important to let the sun rays in especially during the cold season to revitalize the room. Potions and Herbs did the trick, but good old natural elements from the Sun and Earth did the body good. He was busy charming the beds to make themselves after switching out with clean sheets when a younger student walked in.

Familiar sounding steps at this point once he heard the voice to confirm, "Hello again Master Fox," The young lad was inquisitive without a fault, shaking his head with a small smile, "I may have an answer. Have a seat and ask away," Raising three kids of his own, the questions came naturally for him that gave him no annoyance to receiving them as he pulled up a chair for him to recline if he wished.

Old 01-31-2023, 02:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

As the Healer turned around, Brandon looked at what he was doing. "Hi, Healer Feirgrund! Are you... freshening the Hospital wing? What spell is that? Wait. I need to save my questions." Was there a limit to how many he could ask? Had he run out already? He shifted from foot to foot anxiously, but relaxed a little when Healer Feirgrund said he could ask his question. Did the healer know how weird it was that he let Brandon ask questions? Brandon had never gotten to ask adults questions before Hogwarts. He took a seat. "Um, I know I was here last week... and the week before that... to ask about being a healer, but then yesterday I remembered that you're the muggle studies professor too. And I wanted to know if you know lots of things about nonmagical healing too, and if you thought it was very useful." He twisted one of the rings on his hand around and around and around, looking guilty. "I promise that I won't take forever like last time. I only have this one question." Some things about him never changed. Like his endless healer questions, and his more-endless apologizing for things that really didn't need apologizing for.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
As the Healer turned around, Brandon looked at what he was doing. "Hi, Healer Feirgrund! Are you... freshening the Hospital wing? What spell is that? Wait. I need to save my questions." Was there a limit to how many he could ask? Had he run out already? He shifted from foot to foot anxiously, but relaxed a little when Healer Feirgrund said he could ask his question. Did the healer know how weird it was that he let Brandon ask questions? Brandon had never gotten to ask adults questions before Hogwarts. He took a seat. "Um, I know I was here last week... and the week before that... to ask about being a healer, but then yesterday I remembered that you're the muggle studies professor too. And I wanted to know if you know lots of things about nonmagical healing too, and if you thought it was very useful." He twisted one of the rings on his hand around and around and around, looking guilty. "I promise that I won't take forever like last time. I only have this one question." Some things about him never changed. Like his endless healer questions, and his more-endless apologizing for things that really didn't need apologizing for.

Feirgrund certainly didn't mind the enthusiasm. He nodded confirming the question on cleaning the room, "Well spotted, it is a number of spells, but I can go over at least one of them with you after your questions if you'd like," Since the Hospital Wing involved multiple beds and furniture at once, at least giving him something for his own bed would hopefully be the beginning of a good habit. His smile was brief, not out of annoyance but out of his own comfort, smiling for too long came tiring or presenting as fake in certain situations. "Oh, Non-magical healing? Well, it does give a good foundation, with bandaging and cleaning the infection." As for benefits, he was liking asking for something that wasn't introduced into the magical world, "There's other some interesting concepts such as using stitches to close up deep wounds, wrapping up broken bones in a cast, and even some involving medicine filled into a small capsule to swallow. Have to say magical and non-magical healing have a lot of common, just that the magical healing process is quicker, but even more complex. There's just as much risk but also as much remedies to fix." Hopefully, he didn't complicate the topic even further.

Offering another small smile of his, "Take your time, Master Fox." Though he already assured the young man that the apologies were needless, he wasn't going to add to the guilt by repeating the sentiment. Old habits, took more time to dwindle. "Was there something regarding non-magical healing you were curious about?" Perhaps that was why he was curious on his opinion on them? The questions he was oh so sure were coming, he was ready for.

Old 02-09-2023, 03:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Brandon would like to know about those spells very much! "Yes please, Healer Feirgrund," he responded happily. He didn't miss how the healer had said question[i]s[/s], not question. Brandon hoped the man knew that asking professors questions to his heart's content was one of his favorite things to do, and he very much appreciated being allowed to do it instead of being told to be quiet. In his most special notebook, he wrote down about stitches and casts and medicine in different forms and foundations of healing and how magical healing was faster but more complicated and how both were useful and dangerous. His notes were neat and color coded, and his handwriting was excellent- he was that guy who needed highlighters and labeled pages and the clearest notes possible. His sister's endless rushing scrawls and his brother's awful baby handwriting drove him crazy, though he never said so. He didn't think they could help it very much, and he didn't want to be hurtful.

This was a lot of things to write down before he'd even properly started.

"Well... some things really can't be healed without magic. Are there any non-magical healing things that can't be done with magic?" He didn't think many people would ask this question, so maybe the professor would like it more. Brandon wanted to ask all the questions people didn't always ask, so he could have the answers to both common and uncommon questions. "That's my most important question." His questions about the limitations of both magical and non-magical healing could probably be found in a book.
Old 02-23-2023, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Brandon would like to know about those spells very much! "Yes please, Healer Feirgrund," he responded happily. He didn't miss how the healer had said question[i]s[/s], not question. Brandon hoped the man knew that asking professors questions to his heart's content was one of his favorite things to do, and he very much appreciated being allowed to do it instead of being told to be quiet. In his most special notebook, he wrote down about stitches and casts and medicine in different forms and foundations of healing and how magical healing was faster but more complicated and how both were useful and dangerous. His notes were neat and color coded, and his handwriting was excellent- he was that guy who needed highlighters and labeled pages and the clearest notes possible. His sister's endless rushing scrawls and his brother's awful baby handwriting drove him crazy, though he never said so. He didn't think they could help it very much, and he didn't want to be hurtful.

This was a lot of things to write down before he'd even properly started.

"Well... some things really can't be healed without magic. Are there any non-magical healing things that can't be done with magic?" He didn't think many people would ask this question, so maybe the professor would like it more. Brandon wanted to ask all the questions people didn't always ask, so he could have the answers to both common and uncommon questions. "That's my most important question." His questions about the limitations of both magical and non-magical healing could probably be found in a book.

"Hmm, good question," Feirgrund had a few routes to go with this question, either emotional, mental, or physical. "There's the easy response, which is emotional pain, that requires time and compassion to properly heal and is dangerous to attempt with magic. Potions and supplements merely mask the symptoms of the pain," Pausing another moment to consider, "As for physical aspects... muggles have adapted ways to avoid wearing glasses and improving eye sight," Curious on if he would take notes on that, "Little lenses called contacts that they put in the eye to wear during the day that's invisible and gives them near perfect vision. They have a more permanent solution to poorer eye sight using a machine that sends a specific ray of light into the eyes whilst manually altering the shape of it for better vision so they can no longer wear contacts or glasses," Quickly adding, "But it doesn't cure all eye injuries like blindness and such... I would say with our world, we can heal everything but injuries used with dark magic, versus the non-magical world is more technological and their technology have limits as well." Did he need more clarification? He'd have no trouble providing it if so.

"Since we're on the topic, I would like to ask if you were curious on the muggle version of a specific magical ailment?" Could lead into more questions and answers, of course.