FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1142 users online including...
Kimothy , astrocat , kapriolwyi , Henryaffig

6 members
1136 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 60: January - April 2022

Term 60: January - April 2022 Term Sixty: Crash, Smash, Bitterwood (Sept 2106 - June 2107)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-24-2021, 05:46 PM

Default The Domes

Graphic credit: Felixir

A little way off the path between the castle and the lake stand several half-sphere outdoor shelters, known as the domes. Made from a sturdy and clear, charmed material that keeps the temperature inside relatively comfortable, and the air fresh, the main purpose of the domes is a location to hang out, alone or with a few friends. They also serve as impromptu shelters during sudden downpours, cool relief from the summer heat, or a place to warm benumbed fingers and toes during bitingly cold winters. Each is accessible by a simple door made of the same material. No need to reserve them - just make sure no one is already there before entering!

The domes are near to each other, but not clustered too close together. They are completely transparent; those outside can see in, and those inside can see out. Occupied domes will light up - though the light has no obvious source - useful and downright cosy on overcast or gloomy days. The groundskeeper, and any staff member looking out of the windows on this side of the castle, will be able to see the domes if they're lit up after dark, so unless you want to light the 'hey, look at me, I'm out after curfew' beacon, don't even bother coming this way. Better yet, don't break curfew at all. Javier does not take kindly to kids messing around on his grounds after curfew.

Each dome contains five comfortable chairs, and can comfortably hold as many students, maybe a couple more if you don't mind a tight squeeze. Try to refrain from seeing how many students can fit inside one of these things at once. Getting a score of kids hopelessly stuck will not have a good outcome for anyone, but it's up to you if you want to test that theory out for yourself.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Solana nodded as he spoke. “That’s the same one, so I guess I’m out of people to introduce you too. I would say you could meet my former adopted family, but the adoption fell through and now.. it’s just me holding onto a dream of being a part of a family I will never be a part of.. so.. maybe not?” At least Mama and Papa Nam still treated her well.. but maybe not a road to walk down right now?

However at the mention of Tavvy, she smiled softly. “Funny story and very small world. You see I was at Beaux for two years and I met him then, he had transferred over from Hogwarts at the same time I did.. and we became friends. And then when I got adopted, Tavvy’s older brother Everest, was the roommate of my new guardians. So yeah! He's pretty great.” She said with a warm smile. Her “Uncle” Ever was fantastic..

Concern was back in her face as she looked at Bram, loss was so hard and it really took loss to know it.. she wanted to take the pain away from him, but she knew being here for him was the best she could do. He got another hand squeeze though, just in case.

“My guardians live in New York part of the year, they perform on Broadway, so we can fully see that one summer. ” She said with a warm smile as he explained more. “Well I mean, who wouldn’t want to see that?” she grinned at bit at him, before he spoke again and her heart thudded in her chest very loudly and she felt tears come to her eyes..

He would find her. And she believed him. “I’ll try not too. ” She said softly as she looked at him.. almost missing what he said next because of the feels that ran through her at his words. His hand squeeze brought her out of her trance and she nodded. “I can do that. ”

She giggled as he punched the air, her hands grasping her torso again as she tried not to double over, however the moment he dramatically fell over, she lost it and started to giggle hard.. nearly curled up in a ball laughing as he spoke. “Must be a gift!” she said though her laughter.
Bram listened as she spoke about the family she almost had. He hated that the adoption fell through. She would have been so happy with that family. But things happen for a reason. "Well...I wouldn't want you to feel sad or upset. I would rather you introduce me to them when things are better between you and more comfortable. I am sure that would be a difficult and awkward situation for you, and I don't want that." He was more concerned about keeping her happy than meeting people that would make her sad.

The gentle grin she had on her face made a little uncomfortable pang go through his chest. How could he be jealous of someone he hadn't even met? That was just...silly. But he listened to her talk about him, and smiled along with her. "He sounds great. They both do. I'd be happy to meet them both one day." He said it and meant it, but that little pang was still reaching from behind his heart.

Her little hand squeezes helped more than he had realized. Just knowing that she understood and was there for him, that was all he needed. He looked up with a gentle smile and gave her a wink, as if saying 'I'm okay now,' and continued on with the conversation.

"Oh, that would be amazin', I'd love to go to New York." He had always wanted to see what it was like there. He did have a great passion for music as well. He played the drums and piano so, Broadway musicals were always fun. "Sounds like a great summer of theater music and men in kilts to me. You might even get to see me in one as well." He gave her a wink and waggled his eyebrows at her.

He gently flipped her hand over and started tracing her palm and wrist, before saying, "If you ever feel like running, run to me." He said it quietly, and not looking at her. He was feeling slightly nervous now. Had he said too much? His heart picked up pace at the thought.

He couldn't breath through the laughter. the sweet sound of her laughter made him laugh even harder. As it finally subsided, he said through wheezing and tears, "It is for sure a gift. For sure." He wiped his face, chuckling softly.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJenn View Post
Maya was flipping through the pages, with the occasional scribble or two on a sticky note, when she heard the familiar sound of a book closing. Though it was almost inaudible, it was quiet enough in the dome for her to have heard it. The Slytherin looked up with wide eyes from her book, wondering if it was someone she knew or Lisa planning a sneak attack.

She relaxed slightly, seeing that it was just Daniel - Lisa's friend. Not wanting to be rude to her sister's friend, she gave him a warm smile and a slight wave of her hand. "Hi Daniel," she greeted, making note that he did indeed have a book with him. "Looking for a reading spot?" Which was what she would assume given the book and the standing there and all. "You're... um..." Maya glanced over at the seats in the dome wondering if maybe she was hogging the space all by herself? That was quite rude wasn't it? "You're welcome to join me if you'd like?"
Daniel was glad he had his back to Maya because if he had seen the warm smile, his face would have turned a bright red colour. The Hufflepuff felt like he had no other choice but to turn around when she called his name though. So he took a quick but deep breath to steady himself and turned around with a smile on his face.

He rarely smiled, so this was an unusual sensation for him, and he wasn't sure if he liked it. But he couldn't help himself. This was Maya. The prettiest Nam sibling! "I wanted to..." he began as he lowered his uneasy smile. "But I thought you might want to be alone..."

Daniel looked over at the seats Maya was eyeing, and when she told him he could join her, he nervously tucked on the tip of his pointy ear. The Hufflepuff nodded and moved to the seat farthest away from the Slytherin and sat down. "What are you reading?" he asked.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Bram listened as she spoke about the family she almost had. He hated that the adoption fell through. She would have been so happy with that family. But things happen for a reason. "Well...I wouldn't want you to feel sad or upset. I would rather you introduce me to them when things are better between you and more comfortable. I am sure that would be a difficult and awkward situation for you, and I don't want that." He was more concerned about keeping her happy than meeting people that would make her sad.

The gentle grin she had on her face made a little uncomfortable pang go through his chest. How could he be jealous of someone he hadn't even met? That was just...silly. But he listened to her talk about him, and smiled along with her. "He sounds great. They both do. I'd be happy to meet them both one day." He said it and meant it, but that little pang was still reaching from behind his heart.

Her little hand squeezes helped more than he had realized. Just knowing that she understood and was there for him, that was all he needed. He looked up with a gentle smile and gave her a wink, as if saying 'I'm okay now,' and continued on with the conversation.

"Oh, that would be amazin', I'd love to go to New York." He had always wanted to see what it was like there. He did have a great passion for music as well. He played the drums and piano so, Broadway musicals were always fun. "Sounds like a great summer of theater music and men in kilts to me. You might even get to see me in one as well." He gave her a wink and waggled his eyebrows at her.

He gently flipped her hand over and started tracing her palm and wrist, before saying, "If you ever feel like running, run to me." He said it quietly, and not looking at her. He was feeling slightly nervous now. Had he said too much? His heart picked up pace at the thought.

He couldn't breath through the laughter. the sweet sound of her laughter made him laugh even harder. As it finally subsided, he said through wheezing and tears, "It is for sure a gift. For sure." He wiped his face, chuckling softly.
Sol nodded as he spoke. ”I’m on good terms with one of them, Lisa. She’s a third year and absolutely amazing. She and her parents accepted me into the family no problem. Evan, my former best friend and I.. well we fell apart after I was adopted, haven’t really talked since. He goes here, he’s a fifth year Ravenclaw.. And Maya.. She's a fourth year Slytherin.. She hated me.. But now we are slowly starting to become friends.” Her relationship with the Nam’s was so complicated.. She was a part of their family for four months.. And now.. Now she wasn’t. It was weird and it hurt..

”They are both great! Everest is on Broadway too, he’s so fun. Him and his girlfriend K are more like my guardians than my actual ones.” She said with a soft shake of her head. Her entire situation was too much at times.

She smiled softly as he squeezed her hand and looked up at her and winked.. It gave her a few reactions, her heart jumped a bit at the wink, but her concerned brow calmed as she knew he was okay for the moment.. So she squeezed his hand back, as an acceptance to his unspoken words.

She beamed as he spoke. ”It’s pretty great! Very busy, I wasn’t able to enjoy it much this summer cause of my accident, and we were in London most of the time, but the parts I did see were fun.” She grinned as he spoke and at the eyebrow waggle! ”Oh well, that’s a promise now! It has to happen!” She said with a soft laugh as the mood changed for a second..

His words and his actions caused her heart and breath to seize up and she looked down at his bowed head, wanting to cry, squeal and kiss him all at the same time.. ”I’ll do that.. I promise.” She said softly as she gently squeezed his hand..

Thankfully she had dissolved into giggles and the moment was slightly broken as she wiped her eyes, due to the tears gathering from all the laughing she was doing. ”Well, I’ll be sure not to waste the gift.” She giggled out.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:07 PM   #29 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel was glad he had his back to Maya because if he had seen the warm smile, his face would have turned a bright red colour. The Hufflepuff felt like he had no other choice but to turn around when she called his name though. So he took a quick but deep breath to steady himself and turned around with a smile on his face.

He rarely smiled, so this was an unusual sensation for him, and he wasn't sure if he liked it. But he couldn't help himself. This was Maya. The prettiest Nam sibling! "I wanted to..." he began as he lowered his uneasy smile. "But I thought you might want to be alone..."

Daniel looked over at the seats Maya was eyeing, and when she told him he could join her, he nervously tucked on the tip of his pointy ear. The Hufflepuff nodded and moved to the seat farthest away from the Slytherin and sat down. "What are you reading?" he asked.
Had she frightened the younger Hufflepuff by greeting him? She sure hoped not. What if he went back and told Lisa that she was mean or scary? How embarrassing would that be for Lisa? Maya hadn't been aware she was holding her breath but let out a quiet little sigh of relief when the boy turned around. Thank Merlin, this wasn't going to be awkward right?

Seeing him smile, Maya felt relieved. She couldn't say she often saw Daniel smiling though the truth was she just didn't keep an eye out for him often so she wasn't one to judge. But it was a nice smile. She could see why Lisa hung out with him - he seemed nice. "No, please feel free. I was just reading." If he planned on reading as well, she was sure it would be mostly quiet.

Maya watched as he took a seat, ready to read again before he asked her what she was reading. Though Maya hadn't seen his flushed face earlier, she was certain hers was now. "Oh... uh..." She looked down at the pages before looking back up. "This... it's nothing interesting. Just a book from a muggle bookstore." It was definitely a safer answer than saying she was reading a romance novel. "What are you reading?"

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...
Old 01-07-2022, 02:12 AM   #30 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default *snags*
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustjesse View Post

V hadn’t explored much of the school just yet – being outside before the chill of winter kicked in was her main goal this year. That, and studying. The sixth year tugged on one of her curls to check the bounce as she entered the cozy dome. Sure, it wasn’t empty. She didn’t care. Studying didn’t mean she had to talk to anyone right – right?

Still, she just looked around and carefully watched the people she could see from there. ”mind if i join – i just ... probably should get a jump on NEWTs since it’ll be next year” oh merlin she had NEWTs next term. That was if she stayed at Hogwarts long enough to take them.

Lisa noticed her sister and her good friend (DANIEL) talking to each other. She paused, wondering briefly if they were friends or if Daniel was one of the kids that Maya tutored. Heh. The fact that Daniel was getting tutored by her sister seemed comical to her but also seemed really smart too. Maya was like... a literal genius at things. She decided not to disturb them ... Daniel seemed quite engaged in that conversation. Interesting.

She decided to go explore one of the Domes in particular and as soon as she opened the door, she paused. Heh. Just her luck. Lisa couldn’t have joined anyway because someone was asking her to join. She turned around and saw an older girl in front of her. “Um... sure! You want to hang out ... with me?” she asked, blinking rapidly. In her mind however, she was having one of those CHA SAKURA MOMENTS from the best anime of all time YEAH! OF COURSE she did. LISA WAS AH-MAZING. “I’m just exploring. So you’re more than welcome to come along... Why would you start studying now? You’ll just burn yourself out.” Sheesh was this person like her brother Evan with an obsessive studying problem? That was NO FUN. Responsible yes. But FUN?

NO WAY!
Old 01-07-2022, 02:33 AM   #31 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa noticed her sister and her good friend (DANIEL) talking to each other. She paused, wondering briefly if they were friends or if Daniel was one of the kids that Maya tutored. Heh. The fact that Daniel was getting tutored by her sister seemed comical to her but also seemed really smart too. Maya was like... a literal genius at things. She decided not to disturb them ... Daniel seemed quite engaged in that conversation. Interesting.

She decided to go explore one of the Domes in particular and as soon as she opened the door, she paused. Heh. Just her luck. Lisa couldn’t have joined anyway because someone was asking her to join. She turned around and saw an older girl in front of her. “Um... sure! You want to hang out ... with me?” she asked, blinking rapidly. In her mind however, she was having one of those CHA SAKURA MOMENTS from the best anime of all time YEAH! OF COURSE she did. LISA WAS AH-MAZING. “I’m just exploring. So you’re more than welcome to come along... Why would you start studying now? You’ll just burn yourself out.” Sheesh was this person like her brother Evan with an obsessive studying problem? That was NO FUN. Responsible yes. But FUN?

NO WAY!

Dear merlin, V hadn’t meant to incur an inquisition. Nobody expected though did they? The slytherin inquisition. Still, tilting her head she just watched the girl for a moment as she seemed to be eying a boy and a girl that looked somewhat like her. Oh of course she must have had a crush on the boy and was just watching him to make sure he fell for her and not for what could only be the slightly older version of her. Would it work though – watching them? Would that make her be noticed in that way.

When the snakelet asked about hanging out with her she almost said no. Because well, she didn’t exactly know her at all. Still, she wasn’t about to be rude for no reason. Unfortunately for her she seemed to have to have a reason to be rude. Unlike what seemed like half of her family. Truly, seeing her aunt cut a person down with words just for looking at her the wrong way had always been thrilling. Like electricity flowed through her veins. Standing there she rubbed her hand over her arm in what could easily have been a nervous way. ”sure? I mean, i don’t know you but you don’t seem like you’d go full Riddle and make a horcrux out of me.” there, what a nice way to say she didn’t look completely crazy only slightly. [b]”exploring or people watching ‘cause this seems like the best place for that.” the question about her studying just made her snort.

”simple, i wanted to spend some time outside and it seemed better to do something than just ... run or do sport? I’m not a sport fan.” she admitted with a shrug of her shoulder and shuddered slightly as if a chill was running down her spine. "and i'd rather study on the weekdays and leave my weekends free" she said with a shrug of her shoulder. Besides, she could do more fun things when she didn't have to pretend to herself that she was a good student.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 01-09-2022, 04:34 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustjesse View Post

Dear merlin, V hadn’t meant to incur an inquisition. Nobody expected though did they? The slytherin inquisition. Still, tilting her head she just watched the girl for a moment as she seemed to be eying a boy and a girl that looked somewhat like her. Oh of course she must have had a crush on the boy and was just watching him to make sure he fell for her and not for what could only be the slightly older version of her. Would it work though – watching them? Would that make her be noticed in that way.

When the snakelet asked about hanging out with her she almost said no. Because well, she didn’t exactly know her at all. Still, she wasn’t about to be rude for no reason. Unfortunately for her she seemed to have to have a reason to be rude. Unlike what seemed like half of her family. Truly, seeing her aunt cut a person down with words just for looking at her the wrong way had always been thrilling. Like electricity flowed through her veins. Standing there she rubbed her hand over her arm in what could easily have been a nervous way. ”sure? I mean, i don’t know you but you don’t seem like you’d go full Riddle and make a horcrux out of me.” there, what a nice way to say she didn’t look completely crazy only slightly. [b]”exploring or people watching ‘cause this seems like the best place for that.” the question about her studying just made her snort.

”simple, i wanted to spend some time outside and it seemed better to do something than just ... run or do sport? I’m not a sport fan.” she admitted with a shrug of her shoulder and shuddered slightly as if a chill was running down her spine. "and i'd rather study on the weekdays and leave my weekends free" she said with a shrug of her shoulder. Besides, she could do more fun things when she didn't have to pretend to herself that she was a good student.
If she knew what the older girl was thinking, Lisa would have denied such a thing. It was none of the older girl’s business. She was simply glancing in their direction. Curious, she was.

A deadpan facial expression replaced the previous smile that was there. What a what? Ohhhhh. Then it hit her. It was a peculiar way of saying she was okay. “Are you new here? Cause I’ve been here for a whiiiile. I’m Lisa Nam! Third year. Ravenclaw. And you are?” She needed to know the other girl’s name so they wouldn’t be strangers anymore.

So people watching is entertaining?” she asked, tilting her head to the right. With drama, it sounded entertaining but watching people talk seemed kind of boring unless maybe she imagined what they were saying. “Do you make up their conversations based on their body language?” she asked.

Lisa could agree with the older girl that studying on week days was much better than the weekend. “I get all my homework done during the school week too so I have more time for fun and hanging out with friends. Do you have friends here?
Old 01-09-2022, 08:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Had she frightened the younger Hufflepuff by greeting him? She sure hoped not. What if he went back and told Lisa that she was mean or scary? How embarrassing would that be for Lisa? Maya hadn't been aware she was holding her breath but let out a quiet little sigh of relief when the boy turned around. Thank Merlin, this wasn't going to be awkward right?

Seeing him smile, Maya felt relieved. She couldn't say she often saw Daniel smiling though the truth was she just didn't keep an eye out for him often so she wasn't one to judge. But it was a nice smile. She could see why Lisa hung out with him - he seemed nice. "No, please feel free. I was just reading." If he planned on reading as well, she was sure it would be mostly quiet.

Maya watched as he took a seat, ready to read again before he asked her what she was reading. Though Maya hadn't seen his flushed face earlier, she was certain hers was now. "Oh... uh..." She looked down at the pages before looking back up. "This... it's nothing interesting. Just a book from a muggle bookstore." It was definitely a safer answer than saying she was reading a romance novel. "What are you reading?"
Daniel would have turned around and left the Domes if he had known Maya thought he had a nice smile. So it was a good thing he could not read minds. Or Legilimency. Although it wasn't the same.

Taking the seat as far away from the older Slytherin as possible had been his best idea thus far, and as he sat there, Daniel tried to catch a glimpse of the cover of the book that Maya was reading when her face began to flush lightly. It was adorable in his mind. "Ah. So it's a romance novel" he concluded casually. It wasn't difficult to figure out. Most people had that reaction when they were reading a romance novel and were asked what they were reading. He didn't care what genres people read.

"This?" he inquired, looking down at his own book in his lap. "Well, i read about the topic of Animagi during the summer and became interested in it" he explained. "It's incredibly fascinating! More importantly, it is a skill that can be learned and not a hereditary skill" As he looked at the book, his dark brown eyes seemed to sparkle with curiosity and fascination. "Did you know that by the age of fourteen, students at Uagdou School of Magic can become Animagi?" That meant he, too, had a chance to become one. "I'm curious as to what my Animagi form would be..." he trailed off, and before he knew it, he was lost in thought.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Sol nodded as he spoke. ”I’m on good terms with one of them, Lisa. She’s a third year and absolutely amazing. She and her parents accepted me into the family no problem. Evan, my former best friend and I.. well we fell apart after I was adopted, haven’t really talked since. He goes here, he’s a fifth year Ravenclaw.. And Maya.. She's a fourth year Slytherin.. She hated me.. But now we are slowly starting to become friends.” Her relationship with the Nam’s was so complicated.. She was a part of their family for four months.. And now.. Now she wasn’t. It was weird and it hurt..

”They are both great! Everest is on Broadway too, he’s so fun. Him and his girlfriend K are more like my guardians than my actual ones.” She said with a soft shake of her head. Her entire situation was too much at times.

She smiled softly as he squeezed her hand and looked up at her and winked.. It gave her a few reactions, her heart jumped a bit at the wink, but her concerned brow calmed as she knew he was okay for the moment.. So she squeezed his hand back, as an acceptance to his unspoken words.

She beamed as he spoke. ”It’s pretty great! Very busy, I wasn’t able to enjoy it much this summer cause of my accident, and we were in London most of the time, but the parts I did see were fun.” She grinned as he spoke and at the eyebrow waggle! ”Oh well, that’s a promise now! It has to happen!” She said with a soft laugh as the mood changed for a second..

His words and his actions caused her heart and breath to seize up and she looked down at his bowed head, wanting to cry, squeal and kiss him all at the same time.. ”I’ll do that.. I promise.” She said softly as she gently squeezed his hand..

Thankfully she had dissolved into giggles and the moment was slightly broken as she wiped her eyes, due to the tears gathering from all the laughing she was doing. ”Well, I’ll be sure not to waste the gift.” She giggled out.
Bram listened, and hated that she was on rocky terms with some of the people she had loved most, the family she was supposed to have and didn't get. "Well, I would love to meet Lisa anytime. If things get better with Evan and Maya, I'd eventually like to meet them too." You never know...he might just randomly meet them around school too. He was sure he would see them in classes and what not.

Bram gave her a small smile, "They sound amazing...and...I know it's been hard getting used to having guardians that are so close in age to you, but I really do hope things get better and that they become real family for you." She deserved a good family and people that loved her. Not only did she deserve it, she really needed it and he hoped her relationship with them grew that way.

"That sounds awesome. I would definitely love to see it one day." The Big Apple sounded like an adventure for sure. All those skyscrapers and just the history of the place; a real interesting adventure. He chuckled and worried about he had just gotten himself into. KILTS. OH lawd! He stuck out his pinky, "Should we make it an official promise that you will...at some point...get to see me in a kilt." A huge grin spread across his face and he tried not to turn red at the idea of her seeing him in traditional clothing.

"Good." It was all he could muster to say at that moment. He wanted her to understand that he was absolutely serious. Plus the way she was looking at him right then really made him want to kiss her and...it was just too soon for that. Wasn't it? It was. Right?

He chuckled and wiped some more tears from his face. He was one of those that any time he laughed...he cried. It was annoying...but it made things more fun at the same time. "Please, don't. I will take all of your talent...anytime." He said raising his right eyebrow and smirking, before a burst of laughter escaped him.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:15 PM   #35 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

Quote:
Daniel would have turned around and left the Domes if he had known Maya thought he had a nice smile. So it was a good thing he could not read minds. Or Legilimency. Although it wasn't the same.

Taking the seat as far away from the older Slytherin as possible had been his best idea thus far, and as he sat there, Daniel tried to catch a glimpse of the cover of the book that Maya was reading when her face began to flush lightly. It was adorable in his mind. "Ah. So it's a romance novel" he concluded casually. It wasn't difficult to figure out. Most people had that reaction when they were reading a romance novel and were asked what they were reading. He didn't care what genres people read.

"This?" he inquired, looking down at his own book in his lap. "Well, i read about the topic of Animagi during the summer and became interested in it" he explained. "It's incredibly fascinating! More importantly, it is a skill that can be learned and not a hereditary skill" As he looked at the book, his dark brown eyes seemed to sparkle with curiosity and fascination. "Did you know that by the age of fourteen, students at Uagdou School of Magic can become Animagi?" That meant he, too, had a chance to become one. "I'm curious as to what my Animagi form would be..." he trailed off, and before he knew it, he was lost in thought.
Her face turned beet red when Daniel said that it was a romance novel. Closing her book and hiding the cover to the best of her ability she shook her head. "Well... no, I-" Maya was embarrassed. She wished she was as confident as Lisa and not be embarrassed by reading such things in public but she was not. "It's... just. Well... yes. Yes it is." There was really no way of hiding it anyways. She cleared her throat with a little echem and brushed her hair out of her face.

The book that Daniel was reading? That was much more fascinating. Her eyes widened as she listened to him talk about the book. He looked so intrigued, so passionate about the subject that it made Maya curious as well. She nodded along as the younger boy spoke. Maya had read about Uagadou School of Magic previously and had found the subject interesting as well. "Did you now that the students at Uagadou prefer not to use wands? They can perform wandless magic!" she added. That part was what had really piqued her interest, hoping to be as skilled one day herself to be able to do wandless magic.

"Well... if you were an Animagi and could choose your form, what would you choose?" she asked, smiling and indulging Daniel. He just seemed so into the subject, how could she not ask?

_______________________.__________________________ ____i'll leave my .l o v e. between the stars...
Old 01-10-2022, 07:32 PM   #36 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Bram listened, and hated that she was on rocky terms with some of the people she had loved most, the family she was supposed to have and didn't get. "Well, I would love to meet Lisa anytime. If things get better with Evan and Maya, I'd eventually like to meet them too." You never know...he might just randomly meet them around school too. He was sure he would see them in classes and what not.

Bram gave her a small smile, "They sound amazing...and...I know it's been hard getting used to having guardians that are so close in age to you, but I really do hope things get better and that they become real family for you." She deserved a good family and people that loved her. Not only did she deserve it, she really needed it and he hoped her relationship with them grew that way.

"That sounds awesome. I would definitely love to see it one day." The Big Apple sounded like an adventure for sure. All those skyscrapers and just the history of the place; a real interesting adventure. He chuckled and worried about he had just gotten himself into. KILTS. OH lawd! He stuck out his pinky, "Should we make it an official promise that you will...at some point...get to see me in a kilt." A huge grin spread across his face and he tried not to turn red at the idea of her seeing him in traditional clothing.

"Good." It was all he could muster to say at that moment. He wanted her to understand that he was absolutely serious. Plus the way she was looking at him right then really made him want to kiss her and...it was just too soon for that. Wasn't it? It was. Right?

He chuckled and wiped some more tears from his face. He was one of those that any time he laughed...he cried. It was annoying...but it made things more fun at the same time. "Please, don't. I will take all of your talent...anytime." He said raising his right eyebrow and smirking, before a burst of laughter escaped him.
Sol nodded as Bram spoke, "Lisa is great, I'll have to introduce you two soon." She knew the youngest Nam would be all for it.. The other two.. Well only time would tell. At least she and Maya were talking and starting to be friends.. It meant so much to her. And if she and Evan could get back to some semblance of friendship.. well that would be enough for her.

She nodded. "It's not that they aren't great people, they are. They are amazing and fun, but.. It's just hard to think of them as parents.. I can get on board with them being like older siblings.." She shrugged.. "It's weird.. I know. And I feel awful for feeling this way. But I'll be of age next year, so it doesn't really matter." She just wanted parents.. a family. Siblings.. Ahh well. She was asking for too much, and was determined to be grateful for what she had.

"Not one day, this summer. July first you will be there with me." She said with a smile. It'll be fun getting to explore the city with him, especially since there were so many places she herself hadn't been. She laughed softly as he extended his pinky and she held her up as well and hooked it with his. "Yes, and I shall hold you to the power of the pinky promise." She said with a soft smile as she winked at him. "Nothing is more sacred than a pinky promise."

Her stormy eyes looked over at him and she gave him a slow smile, she almost felt like she was about to be kissed and while she really wanted to kiss him back, she didn't feel like this was the right moment. Call her dramatic but .. she gently touched his cheek, before breaking eye contact and she took a deep but rather shaky breath.

She giggled more at him and winked.. "Very well, but don't say I didn't warn you."
Old 01-12-2022, 09:51 PM   #37 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Her face turned beet red when Daniel said that it was a romance novel. Closing her book and hiding the cover to the best of her ability she shook her head. "Well... no, I-" Maya was embarrassed. She wished she was as confident as Lisa and not be embarrassed by reading such things in public but she was not. "It's... just. Well... yes. Yes it is." There was really no way of hiding it anyways. She cleared her throat with a little echem and brushed her hair out of her face.

The book that Daniel was reading? That was much more fascinating. Her eyes widened as she listened to him talk about the book. He looked so intrigued, so passionate about the subject that it made Maya curious as well. She nodded along as the younger boy spoke. Maya had read about Uagadou School of Magic previously and had found the subject interesting as well. "Did you now that the students at Uagadou prefer not to use wands? They can perform wandless magic!" she added. That part was what had really piqued her interest, hoping to be as skilled one day herself to be able to do wandless magic.

"Well... if you were an Animagi and could choose your form, what would you choose?" she asked, smiling and indulging Daniel. He just seemed so into the subject, how could she not ask?

Oh, had he made her uneasy? He'd said it as a joke at first, but judging by her flustered reaction, she WAS reading a romance novel. He hadn't intended to make her feel uncomfortable though. He thought it was ridiculous when people were made fun of their reading choices. Books were personal and should be enjoyable to everyone. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me" he assured her. Look how nice he could be! An ANGEL.

Daniel was relieved that Maya appeared to be interested in the subject as well. At the very least, he didn't have to worry about being boring in front of her right now. And when she added another piece of information about Uagadou school that Daniel was unaware of, his mouth slightly dropped.

"I had no idea they could do wandless magic?" That was in a nutshell, cool. "When I first arrived at Hogwarts, I assumed we'd be learning wandless magic as well" imagine his disappointment when he realised that they weren't. "To be honest, I believe Hogwarts falls short in some areas of magical education" There was no wandless magic, for example. It wasn't a standard for students to become Animagi in their fourth year and also, they only learned about curses for defensive purposes in this school.

He paused for a moment as Maya inquired as to what Animagi form he imagined himself to be. "Well, you can't choose your Animagi form because it's determined by your personality. But my big brother often told me I'm 'cat like' so... a cat?" if he ever decided to become an Animagi and was successful, he'd be able to follow his black cat, (which he still wanted to Transfigure blue) and see what it was up to. "Do you think I should go to Professor Carton for more information?" he asked "Also what do you think you'd be?" He was betting she would be a swan if the Animagi transformation followed looks instead of personality. Cause to him, she was really pretty.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:12 AM   #38 (permalink)

MO
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maya Nam
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bianca Holden
Minister's Office
x12 x2

Quote:
Oh, had he made her uneasy? He'd said it as a joke at first, but judging by her flustered reaction, she WAS reading a romance novel. He hadn't intended to make her feel uncomfortable though. He thought it was ridiculous when people were made fun of their reading choices. Books were personal and should be enjoyable to everyone. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me" he assured her. Look how nice he could be! An ANGEL.

Daniel was relieved that Maya appeared to be interested in the subject as well. At the very least, he didn't have to worry about being boring in front of her right now. And when she added another piece of information about Uagadou school that Daniel was unaware of, his mouth slightly dropped.

"I had no idea they could do wandless magic?" That was in a nutshell, cool. "When I first arrived at Hogwarts, I assumed we'd be learning wandless magic as well" imagine his disappointment when he realised that they weren't. "To be honest, I believe Hogwarts falls short in some areas of magical education" There was no wandless magic, for example. It wasn't a standard for students to become Animagi in their fourth year and also, they only learned about curses for defensive purposes in this school.

He paused for a moment as Maya inquired as to what Animagi form he imagined himself to be. "Well, you can't choose your Animagi form because it's determined by your personality. But my big brother often told me I'm 'cat like' so... a cat?" if he ever decided to become an Animagi and was successful, he'd be able to follow his black cat, (which he still wanted to Transfigure blue) and see what it was up to. "Do you think I should go to Professor Carton for more information?" he asked "Also what do you think you'd be?" He was betting she would be a swan if the Animagi transformation followed looks instead of personality. Cause to him, she was really pretty.
Really there was nothing for her to be embarrassed of. Reading romance novels were perfectly normal and it wasn't like it was anything extreme. They were simple tales of teen romance that she had picked up from her friends in muggle school. And those girls certainly hadn't been embarrassed about reading it or passing it around. Nevertheless, Maya was grateful at Daniel's reply and relaxed, giving him a thankful smile. "Alright, if I hear rumors about it, I'll know who to blame," she joked, hoping to lighten the situation.

At the slight mouth drop, Maya couldn't help but let out a giggle. It was certainly an amusing sight to see and not one that she would see often. Usually giving more information on a subject outside of class resulted in it going in an ear and right out the other.

She nodded her head. "Oh yes. They prefer it over using a wand... which makes sense because a wand isn't always practical. In a dangerous situation, it would much easier to just... cast a spell as opposed to struggling to take your wand out of its holster." Which was why eventually Maya would like to learn it. What a shame it wasn't taught in Hogwarts. She nodded along, understanding exactly how Daniel felt. "Perhaps it does but there are a lot of resources here to learn things on your own time. The library here is... phenomenal." She wasn't sure how it compared to the libraries in other schools. Maya was dying to go into the restricted section and see what kind of books they kept there.

"A cat?" Maya was amused as she tried to picture the younger boy as a cat. His ears did help with that imagery and she chuckled at the thought of it. "Would you want to be a cat?" Maya asked, tilting her head slightly to the side. Though she knew it wasn't something one could choose, it was nice every once in a while to indulge yourself in what ifs. "I don't think it'd hurt to ask for more information. You've got to catch up with those students from Uagadou so there's no better way." And if he could become an animagi then Maya would have to look into it as well.

At the question of what she thought she'd be, Maya paused to think. "I think... maybe a mouse?" Mostly because they were quiet and extremely intelligent.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:43 PM   #39 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Default Open post! ~~
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

BOOM.

Yes!” Remy exclaimed as the stone she was trying to explode had, indeed, exploded. She has been practising the Exploding Charm for a couple of weeks, mostly teaching herself to be braver with the more dangerous spells, because that often held her back. This term was a term of challenging herself. All in all, Remy was a good student but she often sat on the average level and that just would not do.

Why had she chosen the Exploding Charm to master? You could say it had stemmed from a little bit of pent-up rage.

Remy, who had been sat down by the lake this entire time, rolled onto her back to gaze up at the clouds. What else could she blow up? No, she wasn’t considering taking down the birds passing by.

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing
Old 01-23-2022, 01:12 PM   #40 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
Default mention of Remy

Quote:
Really there was nothing for her to be embarrassed of. Reading romance novels were perfectly normal and it wasn't like it was anything extreme. They were simple tales of teen romance that she had picked up from her friends in muggle school. And those girls certainly hadn't been embarrassed about reading it or passing it around. Nevertheless, Maya was grateful at Daniel's reply and relaxed, giving him a thankful smile. "Alright, if I hear rumors about it, I'll know who to blame," she joked, hoping to lighten the situation.

At the slight mouth drop, Maya couldn't help but let out a giggle. It was certainly an amusing sight to see and not one that she would see often. Usually giving more information on a subject outside of class resulted in it going in an ear and right out the other.

She nodded her head. "Oh yes. They prefer it over using a wand... which makes sense because a wand isn't always practical. In a dangerous situation, it would much easier to just... cast a spell as opposed to struggling to take your wand out of its holster." Which was why eventually Maya would like to learn it. What a shame it wasn't taught in Hogwarts. She nodded along, understanding exactly how Daniel felt. "Perhaps it does but there are a lot of resources here to learn things on your own time. The library here is... phenomenal." She wasn't sure how it compared to the libraries in other schools. Maya was dying to go into the restricted section and see what kind of books they kept there.

"A cat?" Maya was amused as she tried to picture the younger boy as a cat. His ears did help with that imagery and she chuckled at the thought of it. "Would you want to be a cat?" Maya asked, tilting her head slightly to the side. Though she knew it wasn't something one could choose, it was nice every once in a while to indulge yourself in what ifs. "I don't think it'd hurt to ask for more information. You've got to catch up with those students from Uagadou so there's no better way." And if he could become an animagi then Maya would have to look into it as well.

At the question of what she thought she'd be, Maya paused to think. "I think... maybe a mouse?" Mostly because they were quiet and extremely intelligent.

The giggle had reached his ears, making them warm, and he had to look down at his book. He enjoyed learning about magic. Coming from a Muggle home with only one wizard sibling who had never really paid attention to his lesson, it was exciting to learn about as many different branches of magic as he possibly could.

"And a wand can be taken away from you with the disarming spell" he continued, raising his gaze from his book to Maya. "Perhaps we could pitch this idea to Headmaster Kazmi" he said "I'm sure there are people who would be eager to educate us, right?"

The library. Daniel smiled that rare smile of his again. The library was his favourite spot at Hogwart, out of all the others. So many stories and theories and facts crammed into one large area. "It is" he said "However, I'm more interested in the Restricted Section. I was in there last year, and it's...." he couldn't put into words how the place had felt to him when he saw the number of antique tomes on the shelves. Most of them possibly contain Dark Magic."I'd love to come back in and read some of the books at my leisure"

"Maybe?" he responded after a brief period of thought. "I mean, a cat is a more low profile creature because people are accustomed to seeing cats wander around. How many times have you seen a tiger or a cheetah in your neighbourhood?" So yes, he wouldn't mind becoming a cat Animagi.

Daniel nodded. He doubted professor Carton would decline. It wasn't as if he was going to inquire about Dark Magic.

Daniel didn't like Maya's prediction of which Animagi she would be. A mouse was a natural prey for a cat. What if any ordinary cat tried to hunt her? He remained silent again, lost in his own thoughts as he visualized fighting the other cats as a cat himself in order to defend Maya the Mouse. But it was quickly shattered as he realized how easy it was for them to revert to human shape.

When he opened his mouth to say anything, he was interrupted by a loud BOOM from someplace nearby. The Hufflepuff didn't appear surprised, in fact, he appeared more irritated than anything else. Who DARED to interrupt his chat with the lovely Maya Nam?!