sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1146 users online including...
Antoniorch

2 members
1144 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 60: January - April 2022

Term 60: January - April 2022 Term Sixty: Crash, Smash, Bitterwood (Sept 2106 - June 2107)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-20-2021, 01:39 AM

Default Fifth-Floor Corridor

To some the fifth-floor corridor is arguably home to the more interesting corridors at Hogwarts. While it too is decorated with long carpets and various portraits, the statues are just as memorable as the unique nooks and crannies that can be found here. Each of the doors look identical and are evenly spaced out, which can make finding certain rooms difficult. Hopefully that doesn't make you late to Ancient Runes. You know that won't go over well.

In the event that you have some spare time on your hands, do allow yourself to freely wander about -- just don't get lost like Boris the Bewildered. Roaming around, you will see that this particular corridor goes around The Quad and that there is a balcony overlooking the inside of the Clock Tower. Deeper into the fifth floor a casual reading lounge, a storeroom, and an upper hall can be found in addition to Classroom 5B, fondly known for being the headquarters for the Wizard Card Collectors' Club. With a keen eye, who knows what you will find on this floor of the castle!
Old 01-14-2022, 04:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

She should be paying attention to frogs… she should be paying attention to them but she was distracted. “I can’t wait to hear it. Any sneak peek of the songs? I can sing it.. or you can,” she said as she brushed a strand of hair behind her right ear.

Aaaaaaand he only took what V has taken from a prior conversation. He didn’t get she was trying to see if he’d be jealous…. Uhh. Ugh. Hm. “No.. Daniel’s just a friend. I wouldn’t actually kiss him y’know…” And she wondered if she was going to have to tell him that she wasn’t dating Daniel.

But before she could clarify any further, her class-skipping brother arrived to chaperone. Oh great, she thought and looked to him. She listened to his question before locking eyes with Jasper. “Frog cuddles? I bet you won’t kiss a frog.
Old 01-15-2022, 12:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post

And he would... tickle the doorknob, as Baltazar had suggested, even if it was for the sole reason of making sure these younger kids knew they were being listened to. Kamran was by now set on the rehearsal taking place out here where they still had ample room and good acoustics. "Doorknob isn't very ticklish, it seems." Still a no-go, but no matter.
Arriving in the fifth floor corridor Bella was confused by the sight of everyone milling around on the spot. It didn't take long before she understood why. Someone had tampered with the door. Probably Peeves if she had to guess. "Afternoon Headmaster Kazmi," the dark haired snakette greeted with a bright smile. "Can we feed and play with the toads today and not just practice our choir songs?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Freddie was all but ready for the rehearsal when he arrived seeing the Headmaster and Jude. There seemed to be trouble with the door though, just as he passed the blonde Slytherin... wait who was he? Freddie thought he knew enough Slytherins, "Maybe his magic was too good if he locked it this strongly," Freddie smiled at everyone before walking up to the toads. They were so fresh and coaky. He wanted to hold one already but he had to be patient.

"Hello Headmaster, would we have to practice elsewhere if we can't get in, sir?" Freddie asked his eyes still on the toads and other items.
Frog choir rehersal! Bella had signed up for the frog choir this year against better judgement. She couldn't really hold a tune, but she could learn right with practice? Entering the fifth floor the dark haired snakette sent smiles and hello's all around as she headed towards the boy she wanted to practice with. Coming up behind him she called out. "Hi Freddie! Have they released the toads yet? Do you think I can get to practice with toad i had last time?" She overheard someone say that they wanted to kiss a toad, but she somewhow doubted that Headmaster Kazmi would allow that kind of thing.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet had been standing, looking around and trying to figure out what was going on in this group. Maybe the toad chorus had been a bad idea. From what some of the other kids had been saying, she was beginning to wonder if it was more of a petting zoo for toads or something. And...did that one student say he had brought his own toad? Were they supposed to have toads already to join? "Uh..." Violet said tentatively, "Are we supposed to already have a toad?" Violet didn't think she could take care of any more animals, her pet magpie was enough trouble just on his own.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:08 AM   #29 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
First Year
x8
Default Jas, Arden
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Percy's eyes got WIDE when Arden told him about her snake and the poor, unfortunate toad. RIP. "That's so sad," he said, then added. "Did you know badgers eat snakes?" Did she? Because Percy found that incredible. That meant HE was tougher than his cousin Serena. She was a snake and he was a badger. It made him superior on the food chain, no?

Arden's question was a good one. Percy kept an ear out to hear what the Headmaster had to say about that. If the toads were unhappy Percy might set them free right this moment. But as he thought that his attention was also on Jasper and the girl he was talking to. "I'll give you a Galleon if you kiss a toad," he shot towards Jasper. He seemed like a cool guy. Kiss the toooooad.

That was awesome the way Arden viewed the ability to do something. "You make a good point. I sing in the shower all the time and I think I'm getting better." Maybe he SHOULD have tried to make the choir. Nah. He wanted to be a toad keeper.

Heading over to the toads, Percy gently pet them with a single finger. Did Arden swallow an animal encyclopedia? She knew A LOT of interesting facts about animals. "Which one do you think is the best for me?" he asked. Maybe she could read the animal's aura.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:22 AM   #30 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

In typical older brother fashion, he was eying the Hufflepuff distrustfully. The words kissing and whilst in conversation with a boy? Alarm bells were certainly going off, even if he'd probably misunderstood the situation. Were his sisters really of the age to start thinking about stuff like that? Did he need to check in with Maya as well?

But then Lisa bet him he wouldn't kiss a toad, and he scoffed as his eyes went from the previous distrust to disbelief. "You would bet right. I'd rather not waste my fir..., uh a kiss on something slimy." But that led to the question now forefront on his mind, "Would YOU? They might not want to be kissed. And it's not likely there would be any type of benefits to doing so."

Except perhaps that first year offering to pay the Hufflepuff to do so.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 01-16-2022, 03:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default replies :3
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Oh, it looks like they were going to be practicing right out here today. Freddie nodded as everyone started to gather around him with the toads. Could he reach in already? Headmaster did say to get acquainted so... he wanted to scoop up the big fat juicy one. "Wow.." He looked for the Slytherin (Edric) "You sure you don't want to join in on the fun?" The toads were very tempting.

Oh, and there was Bella! "Hey Bella, he did say to get acquainted soo... I'm going to just scoop one out," Especially before anyone else did. But then she said she wanted a specific one to work with again. "Oh, which one was it? I could get it for you if you want?" Since he knew people tend to be squeamish reaching in and touching a number of them at once, but not him. He might end up owling his dads later on about having one of his own for the Choir.

Also, what was this about kissing toads? Freddie liked them but he wasn't about to put his lips on them... without a price. Hehe.

Old 01-16-2022, 01:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

"Hey Bella, he did say to get acquainted soo... I'm going to just scoop one out," Especially before anyone else did. But then she said she wanted a specific one to work with again. "Oh, which one was it? I could get it for you if you want?" Since he knew people tend to be squeamish reaching in and touching a number of them at once, but not him. He might end up owling his dads later on about having one of his own for the Choir.

Also, what was this about kissing toads? Freddie liked them but he wasn't about to put his lips on them... without a price. Hehe.
Eyes sparkling now Bella nodded enthustiastically "Yes Freddie, please go ahead and scoop one toad out for me and one for yourself." What was the point in waiting for Headmaster Kazmi's signal to do so when Freddie had said that the headmaster had said that they should get accquainted with the toads. Thoughtfully Bella took a few steps closer to the tank as she examined the toads. "It was a very big toad with dark green colour and a loud quaking sound." She told Freddie, not sure if it was very helpful when all the toads were about the same size and colour. "Do you believe in the tale that kissing a toad will make a prince or princess appear?"
Old 01-16-2022, 07:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Jude wasn’t very much impressed with Lisa’s current conversation. He really didn’t think this was either the time or the place. Mostly it made him painfully aware of being best-friend zoned. He felt weird nodding back to Evan, even though they were currently on good terms; Jude even helping Evan process certain stuff. Maybe Evan didn’t want to talk to him right then? Maybe he wanted to be by himself? Whatever the case, the Hufflepuff would just deal, wouldn’t he, like he dealt with everything else. He lifted his hand in greeting to Devin before turning his attention back to the froggies. Slimy creatures they were. Slimy but so talented.

The Hufflepuff couldn’t help but overhear Freddie and Bella’s conversation, being not too far from them. He had kept out of their conversation up until now, when Bella’s question about kissing a toad came floating over to him. “I don’t mean to butt in,’’ Jude began casually, lightly prodding a toad before patting its head. “But that’s something that’s told to Muggle children to entertain them. I highly doubt it works in real life.” Jude paused thoughtfully. “Unless you were kissing an Animagus whose form is a frog or a toad.’’ He shrugged and grinned at his Gobstones ‘rival’. “Thinking about finding your prince or princess that way, Bells?”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #34 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet was feeling more and more that this activity had been a mistake--everyone was milling about in disarray and talking nonsense and you couldn't even tell what was going on or what you were supposed to do. Looking down at the floor in frustration, she noticed a particularly bumpy looking toad who had somehow managed to escape from the group and was cautiously making its way down the corridor in slow hops. Bending down, she gently picked it up and held it before her face in both hands. The two contemplated each other solemnly, then the toad gave a soft "harrrrrummmmph" "All right, I guess we can work together today," Violet replied, "but I'm not going to be kissing you, not even for ready money." She rolled her eyes, not quite believing that she was standing here talking to a toad.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

"Exactly, Mr Anders. Here is as good a place as any." Better than most others, at least. Kamran's preferred locale for rehearsals would always be the Great Hall, but needs must. "No need, Miss Blackthorne, we're rehearsing out here today," he added to the Slytherin, upon her arrival. And then to Mr Nam: "Very well, Mr Nam. I hope you are too." Very much so, very sincere.

Turning to address young Marchand, Kamran was pipped to the post by Toros, which was all well and fine by him. Especially as she seemed to have more toad-related knowledge to hand - specifically the whys and wherefores - than he. "Rest assured, Miss Marchand, the toads are not slimy. Miss Toros has the right of it." Then, to the Gryffindor, "To answer your question, it depends on the toad. When they don't seem to like it, we don't drag them into it."

... Cambridges. Then again, this one was at least not trying to get him fired. Yet. "Not quite what I meant, Mr Cambridge," Kamran said gently, and had the good grace not to go into a detailed explanation now that a gaggle of students was present. "I don't teach at the moment myself." Just had a healthy say in the timetables, and who, if any, had to suffer through remedial lessons after a claim of being bad at magic. Even if it had been in large part for the sake of antagonism. Tsk.

Was that Connolly? Kamran looked around and - Merlin, it was getting crowded, and he was still just a little suspicious one of these was his perp. Alleged perp. Alleged perp of the alleged prank. "Rehearsal first and foremost, Miss Connolly. There may be time to tend to the toads afterwards."

... Oh, for the love of-

"Lips off the amphibians," Kamran said firmly, voice rising slightly above the chattering of the students. Adolescents, dares, and licking or eating or kissing all sorts of ridiculous things - they were all wrapped up in some kind of truth universally acknowledged. It was unlikely he'd ever stop it entirely, but not for want of trying, and some common sense and self-preservation in his presence was a good first step. "They don't appreciate it at all. To reiterate: no kissing the toads." Or each other. As an aside.

Anyway. Time to get this show on the road, and find some order.

"Those of you in the choir, line up in the usual formation." Kamran gestured, as he spoke, to the space just across the corridor from the door and the gramophone. "With a toad if you're willing, but leave any that don't seem up for it. Anyone here not in the choir nor planning on joining, you may stick around, provided you don't cause any disruptions." Kamran wasn't exactly about to shoo them all from the corridor, which was open for anyone to pass through. Hopefully nobody here objected to a little impromptu audience.

"Mr Horton, and anyone else who has yet to audition, I'd like for you to come up and sing a few bars for me while we're all getting situated. Any song you'd like." ... Wait. "Any school-appropriate song." Better.

You are Chocolate!
Old 01-17-2022, 01:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

He looked at Lisa with a boyish grin and shook his head. ”Nah, you gotta wait - I’m going to play it for you.” The anticipation would build up EXCITEMENT. It’d be worth it too. He found some really good songs over the summer. He wasn’t sure how to feel about this Daniel stuff though. So he just nodded, ”Oh, gotcha.” He was confused. Which probably had something to do with the fact that there was a whole lot going on right now. It was hard to focus.

But a bet? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Percy’s wager of a galleon only encouraged him further. ”Bet.” He answered with a grin. ”Watch me.” Jasper didn’t need the money (he had enough of his own), but now he had a crowd cheering him on and he couldn’t let the people down! So despite Evan’s apprehension, he snuck behind one of the toads, giving Lisa and the Crew a thumbs up before puckering up and leaning in to—

Ah, man!!!

Way to be no fun, Headmaster! It wasn’t like Jasper was going to hurt the frogs. They wouldn’t mind a quick smooch, he was sure.

Defeated, he walked over to stand by Lisa again. He didn’t plan on auditioning for real - but he’d cheer her on when she stepped up and did so. A total bro. And to all those who were hoping he'd actually kiss the frog, Jas gave them a look of reassurance. "I'm going to do it while he's distracted." Because he never backed down from a challenge!

You are Lemon!
Old 01-17-2022, 01:45 AM   #37 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

She had to wait? She pouted at Jasper. “Okay fine I can’t wait forever….” she whispered before focusing on the group. Her brother was the loudest….

Oh yeah? She flared at Evan, willing to take him on. She turned her gaze to Jasper who seemed equally as insistent. Lisa watched Jasper as he tried to kiss the frog and then became defeated and then he promised crowds that he would kiss it. She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “The perfect prince,” she whispered before moving to pick up her frog and wait for further instruction.

Then it hit her.

She has KISSED JASPER BOTROS ON THE CHEEEEK!

And then went to line up as if nothing ever happened
Old 01-17-2022, 05:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

There we go... Freddie thought as he scooped up a nice big juicy fat one that croaked in his hand. They must be related since Bella's description was just like his except hers had more shade of green to it. "Got it," He scooped up the exact one she described in the other hand before offering it to her. "What do you think? Should we name them? I feel like they deserve some praise for behaving around us so well."

Freddie wasn't sure what to think of the question. Kissing was one thing but kissing a frog to get the perfect person? "I don't know, I mean if that were true, what happens if the toad kisses back? Would you turn into a toad?" Jude the Hufflepuff happened to then chimed in on her question, it made him smile a bit at the thought. "Yeah Bella, were you wanting to.. experiment?" Who knew the Frog Choir would actually be a Frog Kissing Club? He was glad to be a part of the club.

Freddie had to suppress a chuckle at the Headmaster telling everyone there would be NO KISSING. Well, not officially. Freddie privately thought, he had a feeling there was going to be a special charm on the tank after today. He moved over holding onto the Toad over his book.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Man.

Freddie’s third question to Bella made him want to laugh. And not his usual soft laugh. “Good one. I think I’ve troubled her enough for now about these frogs.” Key words: for now. Because you bet Jude was going to tease you about this in the future, Bella.

The fourth year thought it was rather thrilling to have the practice session out here. Then again, he really did not care where practice was done.He found himself chuckling over Kazmi’s comment: ‘lips off the amphibians’. Truly, this was the funniest situation he had encountered so far today.

The frog whose head he had just patted seemed willing to come along with him. After all, it was staring at him with big, toady eyes. The Hufflepuff took that to mean that it was comfortable with being removed from the tank. He carefully grasped it with both hands. “Don’t worry. I won’t kiss you. You’re not my type, anyway,’’ he whispered to his toad friend as he moved over to the spot indicated by Kazmi.

Member of the choir coming through here.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-17-2022, 11:15 PM   #40 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

As they were perusing the toads, Arden nodded. “I did know that. I know a lot about snakes,” she said softly. “Me mam’s a breeder,” she thought she had told Percy this, but maybe she hadn’t. She had told many people this information, and she couldn’t remember who and what she had told. So it was better to just repeat herself, right?

And she kept making faces at the kissing toad stuff becaaaaause she didn’t think it was very fun for the toads. But whatever. She just crinkled her nose in distaste and pointed at one of the fattest toads EVER. “Please get him. He’s chunky and cute. And I want to hug him. I’ll pick his pal - “ she grabbed the one next to her and held him how she knew to hold toads, tickling near where his tiny little not!tail was.

She also felt reassured by Kazmi. Her toad seemed fine, so she didn’t put him down. Buuuut if he wriggled a little TOO much or seemed unhappy, she would let him go happily. She aaaaalso briefly thought about releasing all the toads into the wild, but if they weren’t raised in the wild, that’d probably be detrimental to the toads.

AND WHY WERE PEOPLE KISSING TOADS WHEN THE MYTH WAS ABOUT FROGS. THERE WAS SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND ARDEN TOROS WAS ABOUT TO YELL ABOUT IT.

“Come on, Percy. Let’s go get in a good spot,” she as she held her toad carefull and went to find the peeeeeerfect spot to stand in.

….when she heard ONE MORE person [Jude] call them frogs, Arden huffed. “OH MY GOSH everyone they’re TOADS not FROGS quit mixing them uP! There is a HUGE difference!!!!!” As she lowered her voice again, she blushed, and cleared her throat.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 01-18-2022, 08:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

When it was Violet's turn to audition, she was still holding the toad she'd picked up in the hallway, not having found a convenient time or place to put it down. She'd never really sung for people before, not even her family--well, for Machiavelli, maybe, but he was only a magpie. She'd only ever sung very, very quietly to herself, when she was bored or nervous. So she had no idea what kind of voice she had or if she was about to totally embarrass herself right now.

And then--the old 'pick anything you want' instruction! Which was usually deadly, because the minute someone said pick whatever you want, you immediately couldn't think of anything at all. But she couldn't stand up her holding a toad and doing nothing, so, maybe because it was the season, she started singing an old Halloween song:

"A soul, a soul, a soul cake,
Please, good mistress, a soul cake,
An apple, a pear or a plum or a cherry
Or any good thing to make us merry..."

Violet's voice was not particularly loud or strong, but it came out sweet and clear (and mercifully on key). After a few bars, the toad in her arms began to croak very softly in time to the song.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:05 AM   #42 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Jasper Botros was pretty pumped. He had a mission, a crowd to cheer him on, AND he got to watch frogs (er, toads) (sorry, Arden, no disrespect) sing. Weird way to spend the day, but he was NOT complaining. Also weird? How determined he was to kiss a toad. But a dare was a dare and he had made a promise.

..... Speaking of kisses.

The one from Lisa was ... unexpected. Heh. And confusing. And he could feel his ears warming up.

You are Lemon!
Old 02-08-2022, 11:28 PM   #43 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default sorry for the delay, times have been Times
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Kamran was just in the midst of sending Botros a pointed and yet perfectly courteous 'I-wasn't-born-yesterday' look, when he happened to catch Miss Nam plant one on the boy's cheek right in the middle of choir practice. He raised his eyes to the heavens for just as long as was necessary to fortify and maintain his patience.

Which actually became that much easier thanks to an outburst from one of the first years, but Kamran still managed to school his features and resist a smile. "Thank you, Miss Toros," he said, though with none of the sarcasm that might be expected from such a (loud) comment. Well. Maybe a touch. But still, learning moment.

Just, nobody ask him why they had toads in Frog Choir instead of frogs, or why it was not called Toad Choir, and simply enjoy the misnomer.

From that point on, he focused mostly on the music, including students with a late audition (while keeping an eye on those students most suspicious or likely to smooch one of the toads). As the others got into formation, Kamran listened to Blackthorne's little rendition, which was a little on the quiet side and yet perfectly melodic once one adjusted. He nodded along with the rises and falls, and then smiled ever so slightly when the toad chimed in. "Very nice. Thank you, Miss Blackthorne. Why don't we try you in... this section?" he gestured to the section of the choir formation where the sopranos met the altos.

Music then. Kamran returned to the gramophone, pulling out two records, and considering both. Double Trouble was a classic and seasonal to boot, and yet We All Stand Together was not only perfect for the concept of the choir, but just the message he would have liked these kids to not only manifest but spread to their peers. But perhaps a little too trite. "Opinions, students?" he held up each record in his hands, the titles clear on the covers. "Classic Hogwarts aesthetic or something new?" New... for the choir. The song itself was as the hills. "We can give them both a listen before deciding."

You are Chocolate!
Old 02-12-2022, 04:42 PM   #44 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"Very nice. Thank you, Miss Blackthorne. Why don't we try you in... this section?" he gestured to the section of the choir formation where the sopranos met the altos.

Music then. Kamran returned to the gramophone, pulling out two records, and considering both. Double Trouble was a classic and seasonal to boot, and yet We All Stand Together was not only perfect for the concept of the choir, but just the message he would have liked these kids to not only manifest but spread to their peers. But perhaps a little too trite. "Opinions, students?" he held up each record in his hands, the titles clear on the covers. "Classic Hogwarts aesthetic or something new?" New... for the choir. The song itself was as the hills. "We can give them both a listen before deciding."
Uh oh, the Headmaster was motioning her into a section! Violet hadn't planned on that--she hadn't thought she would make it past the auditions. Was she joining things now? It looked like she was in the chorus, so apparently she was. Well, Violet was never one to back down from something she had agreed to do, so she walked over to the center spot where Kazmi had indicated, still absently carrying the toad. The middle--seemed so wishy-washy. But...Violet mused over it a bit. A mezzo-soprano, she thought, remembering the term from one of Miss Howard's opera books. That must be what I am. She smiled slightly at that--mezzo-soprano sounded so much better that middling.

Looking at the records the Headmaster showed them, Violet had no clue. She had never heard of either of those songs before. She looked around her, trying to gauge the reactions of the other students.