sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1164 users online including...
Antoniopjh , Antoniomyv , Kimothy

4 members
1160 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Default Bulletin Board

Atop the marble staircase in the Entrance Hall along the corridor that will direct you to the moving staircases, you stumble across a long, horizontal cork bulletin board that is encased in glass. Here you will find an array of notices and signs, stick up by tacks and push-pins, that are meant for the entire student body to read. Anything from requests, advertisements, lost and found notices, and gentle reminders can be viewed for all eyes to see.

If you have something you would like to add to this colourful, paper-filled board, you are more than welcome to do so. Simply slide over the glass surrounding the board (it is never locked) and stick on the board whatever it is you wish for everyone to know. Having this board for your use is a privilege, not a right, so use it responsibly. Any crude drawings or messages will result in the bulletin board crumpling them up and throwing your balled notice at your face, giving you a deep paper cut, before you even have a chance to slide the glass back to its original place.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default hear ye, hear ye
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

There was a lot going on, but it was fine because Kinsay Cassandra James had everything under control - as evidenced by her ability to organize a school-wide football tournament. Blake had been wanting to play since their first year and Kizzys never made promises that they did not intend to keep. So here she was, two years later with actual plans and LOTS of posters.

One of which she was taking the time to hang up on the school bulletin board for everyone to see. Setting the pile of posters down on the floor next to her feet, she carefully slid the glass over and pinned one of her posters front and center for everyone to see.

[ooc: click to enlarge]

Was it crooked? She tried adjusting it just in case. This was super important because a lot of her energy was being put towards the effort, okay? Everything had to be exactly perfect so that Blake would be really happy.

You are Lemon!
Old 05-28-2021, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Kinsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
There was a lot going on, but it was fine because Kinsay Cassandra James had everything under control - as evidenced by her ability to organize a school-wide football tournament. Blake had been wanting to play since their first year and Kizzys never made promises that they did not intend to keep. So here she was, two years later with actual plans and LOTS of posters.

One of which she was taking the time to hang up on the school bulletin board for everyone to see. Setting the pile of posters down on the floor next to her feet, she carefully slid the glass over and pinned one of her posters front and center for everyone to see.

[ooc: click to enlarge]

Was it crooked? She tried adjusting it just in case. This was super important because a lot of her energy was being put towards the effort, okay? Everything had to be exactly perfect so that Blake would be really happy.

Despite Ash's general vibe of 'I just wanna lay in bed all day and cry', she got lots of things done. She was actually very good at doing homework in bed. So, whoever said she wouldn't be able to do her homework was incredibly wrong. She decided to take a walk today, since she had finished all her work. And what did she see, but Kinsay James hanging up a poster! For soccer! Did Ash like Kinsay James? No! Not at all! Did Ash like soccer? Yes! SO she even smiled at Kinsay as sincerely as she could smile. Which meant lots of effort, because Ash hardly ever smiled. "Hey Kinsay." She looked at the bulletin board. "It says here to contact Kinsay if we wanna play soccer. Well, I wanna play soccer now. Do you know where I could find her?" Ash laughed. "I'm messing with you." True. "I know that you're Kinsay James... Anyway, I wanna pay soccer." Surprise! Ash was here! She was being polite to Kinsay James! She even smiled! Kinsay could enjoy her joking demeanor while it lasted. Ash only had one mood that lasted long, and that mood was SAD. But today, Ash was feeling like messing with people's brains. SO she was at least outwardly happy, because nobody ever expected that from her. Was that better? Kinda.
Old 05-31-2021, 05:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Despite Ash's general vibe of 'I just wanna lay in bed all day and cry', she got lots of things done. She was actually very good at doing homework in bed. So, whoever said she wouldn't be able to do her homework was incredibly wrong. She decided to take a walk today, since she had finished all her work. And what did she see, but Kinsay James hanging up a poster! For soccer! Did Ash like Kinsay James? No! Not at all! Did Ash like soccer? Yes! SO she even smiled at Kinsay as sincerely as she could smile. Which meant lots of effort, because Ash hardly ever smiled. "Hey Kinsay." She looked at the bulletin board. "It says here to contact Kinsay if we wanna play soccer. Well, I wanna play soccer now. Do you know where I could find her?" Ash laughed. "I'm messing with you." True. "I know that you're Kinsay James... Anyway, I wanna pay soccer." Surprise! Ash was here! She was being polite to Kinsay James! She even smiled! Kinsay could enjoy her joking demeanor while it lasted. Ash only had one mood that lasted long, and that mood was SAD. But today, Ash was feeling like messing with people's brains. SO she was at least outwardly happy, because nobody ever expected that from her. Was that better? Kinda.
Ashley's voice was enough to make all the little hairs on the back of Kinsay's neck stand upright. Not in a good way. In fact, if Kinsay James were to make a list of the things she'd like to avoid at all costs, Ashley's voice would be a contender for one of the top five spots. Ashley would make the list too, probably, but her voice would be a separate line item. That's how much Kinsay wanted to avoid the girl.

So rather than turn to face her, Kinz kept fussing with the poster. She was hoping that Ashley would take the hint and walk away. Except she didn't take the hint. And though the ravenclaw tended to make the MOST questionable decisions, Kins was almost 100% sure that she did this stuff on purpose. Just to make Kizzy feel bad - which it did. It made her feel AWFUL. So guilty and horrible and all twisty in the stomach.

"Hi," her voice was soft, but not entirely inaudible as she replied with some hesitance.

Couldn't Ashley just stay away? It would make everything so much easier. Instead she had to make everything weird!

Also weird? The playfulness. "Oh." Kiz didn't think it was vey funny, but she TRIED to look super polite when she finally turned to look at Ash. Except .... in all likelihood, Kinz probably looked like she was in pain (because she was) (kind of).

...... And she didn't really want to invite Ashley to the football game. But. Um. She also didn't want to exclude anyone because it was meant to be a good thing. A good thing that everyone could do together. No fighting. No bad feelings. Just fun. "You should play." Emm wouldn't like this. "Everyone's invited."

You are Lemon!
Old 05-31-2021, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Ashley's voice was enough to make all the little hairs on the back of Kinsay's neck stand upright. Not in a good way. In fact, if Kinsay James were to make a list of the things she'd like to avoid at all costs, Ashley's voice would be a contender for one of the top five spots. Ashley would make the list too, probably, but her voice would be a separate line item. That's how much Kinsay wanted to avoid the girl.

So rather than turn to face her, Kinz kept fussing with the poster. She was hoping that Ashley would take the hint and walk away. Except she didn't take the hint. And though the ravenclaw tended to make the MOST questionable decisions, Kins was almost 100% sure that she did this stuff on purpose. Just to make Kizzy feel bad - which it did. It made her feel AWFUL. So guilty and horrible and all twisty in the stomach.

"Hi," her voice was soft, but not entirely inaudible as she replied with some hesitance.

Couldn't Ashley just stay away? It would make everything so much easier. Instead she had to make everything weird!

Also weird? The playfulness. "Oh." Kiz didn't think it was vey funny, but she TRIED to look super polite when she finally turned to look at Ash. Except .... in all likelihood, Kinz probably looked like she was in pain (because she was) (kind of).

...... And she didn't really want to invite Ashley to the football game. But. Um. She also didn't want to exclude anyone because it was meant to be a good thing. A good thing that everyone could do together. No fighting. No bad feelings. Just fun. "You should play." Emm wouldn't like this. "Everyone's invited."
Kinsay was being BORING today. Did she know? All Ash wanted to do was have some fun and mess around with people. And Kinsay was making it so much less fun. Why did she always look guilty and sad around Ash? What had either of them done? She killed the mood. Endlessly. Still, Ash wasn't ready to give it up quite yet.

"Chillll. You don't need to do this-" she made the exact face Kinsay was making- " because I'm not even here to make you sad. I just wanna play! I'll even play on the other team, just like you want! See? Everyone's happy." Just like Cambridge wanted. Just like everyone wanted, apparently.

In all seriousness though, Ash was glad that the poster did not say 'ASHLEY FOX IS NOT INVITED' at the bottom. She liked soccer. So she dropped the demeanor for one second just to smile and say "I'm glad I'm not not-invited. I love soccer."

And now she was going back to her 'playful' mask in 3, 2, 1,... done.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Kinsay was being BORING today. Did she know? All Ash wanted to do was have some fun and mess around with people. And Kinsay was making it so much less fun. Why did she always look guilty and sad around Ash? What had either of them done? She killed the mood. Endlessly. Still, Ash wasn't ready to give it up quite yet.

"Chillll. You don't need to do this-" she made the exact face Kinsay was making- " because I'm not even here to make you sad. I just wanna play! I'll even play on the other team, just like you want! See? Everyone's happy." Just like Cambridge wanted. Just like everyone wanted, apparently.

In all seriousness though, Ash was glad that the poster did not say 'ASHLEY FOX IS NOT INVITED' at the bottom. She liked soccer. So she dropped the demeanor for one second just to smile and say "I'm glad I'm not not-invited. I love soccer."

And now she was going back to her 'playful' mask in 3, 2, 1,... done.
Kinsay really didn't care if Ashley Fox thought she was boring. She really, really didn't care. Okay, fine, she cared a little bit. But. Not enough to do anything about it because if Ashley thought she was boring, maybe she would just leave Kinsay alone once and for all! That's all Kiz really wanted anyway.

It would be a win-win. Kizzy wouldn't have to feel guilty and terrible and anxious - and Ashley wouldn't have to feel bored. See? Both winners.

"You don't make me sad," she countered. It wasn't even lying. Ashley made her feel horrible and twisty in the stomach, but it wasn't exactly sad. It was a little worse than sad because sometimes Kinsay felt she played a part in it. That was the hardest part. No comment on the playing on the other team part though. Because. Um. Ashley was absolutely right. That is what Kizzy wanted. She just wasn't about to admit that to her because that might be mean and Kinsays tried their best to be polite, even to people they really didn't like. "I've never played before, but it'll be fun."

It had to be fun. It had to be PERFECT.

She didn't like this weird thing Ashley was doing though. The smiling and then the shifting expressions and all the.... up and down. It felt like she was playing games. Except not the kind of games that Kinsay liked (like exploding snap and Kinsay Chess).

You are Lemon!
Old 06-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Kinsay really didn't care if Ashley Fox thought she was boring. She really, really didn't care. Okay, fine, she cared a little bit. But. Not enough to do anything about it because if Ashley thought she was boring, maybe she would just leave Kinsay alone once and for all! That's all Kiz really wanted anyway.

It would be a win-win. Kizzy wouldn't have to feel guilty and terrible and anxious - and Ashley wouldn't have to feel bored. See? Both winners.

"You don't make me sad," she countered. It wasn't even lying. Ashley made her feel horrible and twisty in the stomach, but it wasn't exactly sad. It was a little worse than sad because sometimes Kinsay felt she played a part in it. That was the hardest part. No comment on the playing on the other team part though. Because. Um. Ashley was absolutely right. That is what Kizzy wanted. She just wasn't about to admit that to her because that might be mean and Kinsays tried their best to be polite, even to people they really didn't like. "I've never played before, but it'll be fun."

It had to be fun. It had to be PERFECT.

She didn't like this weird thing Ashley was doing though. The smiling and then the shifting expressions and all the.... up and down. It felt like she was playing games. Except not the kind of games that Kinsay liked (like exploding snap and Kinsay Chess).
Okay, maybe Kinsay wasn't boring. But she was TOTALLY killing Ash's fake happy mood. And she would prefer to be fake happy than real sad.

"Okay, but I make you feel something bad, because otherwise we would be friends." True. Otherwise Kinsay wouldn't be avoiding her like the plague. "anger, fear, guilt, worry, I don't know. Pick one or something." She shrugged. No way Kinsay hated her based only off of her personality and their limited interactions. Either she had done something to Kinsay, or Kinsay had done something to her. One of those. Ash didn't know, and didn't quite care.

"Soccer is so fun. You're gonna love it, probably." Unless the tournament got messed up and everybody got upset. That would be... off-putting, to say the least, probably. "Lots of people are coming too. It's a big event, I guess." Sigh. So many things could go wrong. So few things could go right. That was how life went.

And yes, Ash was absolutely playing games. Not necessarily malicious ones, but Ash was bored and sad, and running into Kinsay James in the hallway was an opportunity she couldn't pass by. Because Kinsay James was relatively easy to mess with. Granted, Ash would have at least tried to mess with Cambridge, had she been here instead. Kinsay was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Okay, maybe Kinsay wasn't boring. But she was TOTALLY killing Ash's fake happy mood. And she would prefer to be fake happy than real sad.

"Okay, but I make you feel something bad, because otherwise we would be friends." True. Otherwise Kinsay wouldn't be avoiding her like the plague. "anger, fear, guilt, worry, I don't know. Pick one or something." She shrugged. No way Kinsay hated her based only off of her personality and their limited interactions. Either she had done something to Kinsay, or Kinsay had done something to her. One of those. Ash didn't know, and didn't quite care.

"Soccer is so fun. You're gonna love it, probably." Unless the tournament got messed up and everybody got upset. That would be... off-putting, to say the least, probably. "Lots of people are coming too. It's a big event, I guess." Sigh. So many things could go wrong. So few things could go right. That was how life went.

And yes, Ash was absolutely playing games. Not necessarily malicious ones, but Ash was bored and sad, and running into Kinsay James in the hallway was an opportunity she couldn't pass by. Because Kinsay James was relatively easy to mess with. Granted, Ash would have at least tried to mess with Cambridge, had she been here instead. Kinsay was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Kinsay wasn't trying to kill the vibe. Not on purpose, anyway. She just didn't want there to be a vibe at all. Life would be so much easier if Ashley Fox kept her vibes elsewhere. And this was the story she'd stick to.

"............." Kinsay was a little taken aback by Ashley's observation. Well, yes, that was. Um. Yes. Okay. It was true. Ashley Fox made her feel a lot of really terrible, bad things. But unsurprisingly, Kinz had a hard time naming those feelings. "I... I don't want to talk about this stuff." Because it made her feel severely uncomfortable. Even though she didn't like Ashley, she couldn't say this outloud. Not to her face. The very thought made her feel all sorts of uncomfortable.

Maybe that's why talking about football was easier. Only marginally. "I hope so," she replied quietly. Hopefully it would be fun. Not just for Kinsay, but for everyone else too. It had to be. It had to be perfect. But she didn't realize that a lot of people were planning on going, so her whole being perked up when Ashley said this. "Really?" She did put up a lot of posters, but... Whether people would want to come to the game? She didn't know yet, but she sure hoped Ash wasn't just messing with her.

That'd be horribly mean.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-06-2021, 01:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Kinsay wasn't trying to kill the vibe. Not on purpose, anyway. She just didn't want there to be a vibe at all. Life would be so much easier if Ashley Fox kept her vibes elsewhere. And this was the story she'd stick to.

"............." Kinsay was a little taken aback by Ashley's observation. Well, yes, that was. Um. Yes. Okay. It was true. Ashley Fox made her feel a lot of really terrible, bad things. But unsurprisingly, Kinz had a hard time naming those feelings. "I... I don't want to talk about this stuff." Because it made her feel severely uncomfortable. Even though she didn't like Ashley, she couldn't say this outloud. Not to her face. The very thought made her feel all sorts of uncomfortable.

Maybe that's why talking about football was easier. Only marginally. "I hope so," she replied quietly. Hopefully it would be fun. Not just for Kinsay, but for everyone else too. It had to be. It had to be perfect. But she didn't realize that a lot of people were planning on going, so her whole being perked up when Ashley said this. "Really?" She did put up a lot of posters, but... Whether people would want to come to the game? She didn't know yet, but she sure hoped Ash wasn't just messing with her.

That'd be horribly mean.
Surprise. Kinsay didn't want to talk about why she hated Ash. Surprise surprise. Not really surprising. Ash pulled a hard lemon-flavored candy out of her pocket, tossing it in the air and catching it before unwrapping it and putting it in her mouth. "Yeah. Didn't really think you would want to." It remained to be seen whether she would push the subject or not. "Bit of a shame. I always wanna take notes on why people don't like me, but they never wanna share." She grinned for a couple seconds. It was funny, wasn't it? How people could expect her to be likeable if they never told her what they liked. Ash assumed it was 'people who accepted authority', in most cases anyway. Lowkey sucked, because she would never be able to do that.

"It'll be fun. As long as there are rules and stuff, and nobody gets hurt." Specifically, as long as all the tiny first years didn't get hurt. "Tons of people are coming. The younger years, and a lot of older years too. More than enough people for a soccer match." Ash would know. She paid attention all around the castle. And some people would not shut up about this game. And no she was not lying. Kinsay was probably already stressing about it, so there was no reason to add to that. And Ash actually liked the idea of a soccer game, so she didn't wanna mess it up. Besides, it was much more fun to mess with Kinsay by acting friendly and nice for no real reason. Nobody could say she was doing something wrong, so it was safe. And it was clearly working. No reason to put her reputation in any danger.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Surprise. Kinsay didn't want to talk about why she hated Ash. Surprise surprise. Not really surprising. Ash pulled a hard lemon-flavored candy out of her pocket, tossing it in the air and catching it before unwrapping it and putting it in her mouth. "Yeah. Didn't really think you would want to." It remained to be seen whether she would push the subject or not. "Bit of a shame. I always wanna take notes on why people don't like me, but they never wanna share." She grinned for a couple seconds. It was funny, wasn't it? How people could expect her to be likeable if they never told her what they liked. Ash assumed it was 'people who accepted authority', in most cases anyway. Lowkey sucked, because she would never be able to do that.

"It'll be fun. As long as there are rules and stuff, and nobody gets hurt." Specifically, as long as all the tiny first years didn't get hurt. "Tons of people are coming. The younger years, and a lot of older years too. More than enough people for a soccer match." Ash would know. She paid attention all around the castle. And some people would not shut up about this game. And no she was not lying. Kinsay was probably already stressing about it, so there was no reason to add to that. And Ash actually liked the idea of a soccer game, so she didn't wanna mess it up. Besides, it was much more fun to mess with Kinsay by acting friendly and nice for no real reason. Nobody could say she was doing something wrong, so it was safe. And it was clearly working. No reason to put her reputation in any danger.
Still feeling uncomfortable with the topic at hand, Kinsay shifted her weight from one foot to the other. Maybe it wasn't surprising that Kinsay didn't want to talk about why she didn't particularly like (not hate) Ash, but it also wasn't surprising that Ashley kept pressing the subject further. It was like she wanted to make Kinz feel all the horrible ways. Kizzy clearly drew a boundary and Ash was clearly determined to keep pushing despite that. See? This was one of the reasons Kinsay didn't like her very much. Sometimes you shouldn't have to tell people these things, sometimes they should be able to pick up on the signs. "Maybe because it's uncomfortable for them." Not everyone was as open to conflict as Ash was. Kinsay James was well versed in conflict aversion.

"Yeah," she nodded. It seemed this was the one thing they could agree on. No one was supposed to get hurt during the football game. It was really important. "Phoebe said she'd be our healer." Except hopefully no one would need a healer because no one was getting hurt because it was going to be so PERFECT. Even with all the people Ash claimed to be coming. "I hope so. It'd make Blake really happy." Hopefully it'd make other people really happy too. Even if they were people Kizzy didn't like all that much. They deserved to be happy too.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-09-2021, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Still feeling uncomfortable with the topic at hand, Kinsay shifted her weight from one foot to the other. Maybe it wasn't surprising that Kinsay didn't want to talk about why she didn't particularly like (not hate) Ash, but it also wasn't surprising that Ashley kept pressing the subject further. It was like she wanted to make Kinz feel all the horrible ways. Kizzy clearly drew a boundary and Ash was clearly determined to keep pushing despite that. See? This was one of the reasons Kinsay didn't like her very much. Sometimes you shouldn't have to tell people these things, sometimes they should be able to pick up on the signs. "Maybe because it's uncomfortable for them." Not everyone was as open to conflict as Ash was. Kinsay James was well versed in conflict aversion.

"Yeah," she nodded. It seemed this was the one thing they could agree on. No one was supposed to get hurt during the football game. It was really important. "Phoebe said she'd be our healer." Except hopefully no one would need a healer because no one was getting hurt because it was going to be so PERFECT. Even with all the people Ash claimed to be coming. "I hope so. It'd make Blake really happy." Hopefully it'd make other people really happy too. Even if they were people Kizzy didn't like all that much. They deserved to be happy too.
Ash looked up at the roof and sighed. "It's because they don't want to make me sad or upset, I think. A bit late for that." They never told her why. Emmerson had called her a mudblood and a boyfriend-stealer, and Atlas said that there was empirical evidence that she was stupid and reckless and dumb. That was about as much as she could get. Not very constructive, was it? Ash would have been better off learning from Kinsay James. Who, of course, would not tell her. Ash felt a very sudden flash of anger, running up her spine to take over her whole body... and then disappearing. And then another one of disappointment. Ash then Ash let the subject go. It always happened like this. People would hurt her, and then hurt her again with their words. And then hurt her again, but not explain why. That's just how it worked, apparently.

On to the football game, then. The other thing they were talking about. Other than how people didn't have the courage to dislike her in public. The other thing. Football. Yeah. "Phoebe's the healer? Cool." It WAS cool. That meant that they wouldn't need Healer Poppy anywhere near the match. Ash disliked Healer Poppy 100 times more than she disliked Kinsay. Phoebe was fine though. Ash hadn't met her much... no reason to hate her yet. In any case, Phoebe would be better than Healer Poppy. "You and Blake are organizing? I could have guessed. He is really into soccer." She laughed. "Also it says his name on the poster." SO she actually already knew that, but there was no harm in having fun. And Ash was having fun. Sorta.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Ash looked up at the roof and sighed. "It's because they don't want to make me sad or upset, I think. A bit late for that." They never told her why. Emmerson had called her a mudblood and a boyfriend-stealer, and Atlas said that there was empirical evidence that she was stupid and reckless and dumb. That was about as much as she could get. Not very constructive, was it? Ash would have been better off learning from Kinsay James. Who, of course, would not tell her. Ash felt a very sudden flash of anger, running up her spine to take over her whole body... and then disappearing. And then another one of disappointment. Ash then Ash let the subject go. It always happened like this. People would hurt her, and then hurt her again with their words. And then hurt her again, but not explain why. That's just how it worked, apparently.

On to the football game, then. The other thing they were talking about. Other than how people didn't have the courage to dislike her in public. The other thing. Football. Yeah. "Phoebe's the healer? Cool." It WAS cool. That meant that they wouldn't need Healer Poppy anywhere near the match. Ash disliked Healer Poppy 100 times more than she disliked Kinsay. Phoebe was fine though. Ash hadn't met her much... no reason to hate her yet. In any case, Phoebe would be better than Healer Poppy. "You and Blake are organizing? I could have guessed. He is really into soccer." She laughed. "Also it says his name on the poster." SO she actually already knew that, but there was no harm in having fun. And Ash was having fun. Sorta.
Maybe this was Kinsay's reason too. It was a little bit more than that though. It was the guilt and not wanting to betray her best friend again. That was a big part of it too. Everything was just so complicated. It'd be less so if Ashley would just ignore Kizzy's existence the way that Kizzy tried to ignore hers. Couldn't they agree that it'd be for the best that way? No drama. No fighting. No nothing. Everyone would be so much happier that way, Kinsay was so sure of it. "... Maybe," she shrugged weakly, hoping that this could act as an end to the conversation.

"Yeah, she's the best." There wasn't anyone else who could do a better job than Fifi and even if they had official healers at the school, the way Phoebe's whole face lit up when Kinz had asked made it absolutely imperative that she'd be the only healer on the field. It was important. "Um. Yeah." She nodded, looking at Blake's name next to hers. "We had the idea in first year, but..." But then when they wanted to put into into action a neo-alliance took over the castle and stuffed her into a room. So. Um. "He's leading the red team." In case Ashley wasn't sure which to join. She should join that one.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-14-2021, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Maybe this was Kinsay's reason too. It was a little bit more than that though. It was the guilt and not wanting to betray her best friend again. That was a big part of it too. Everything was just so complicated. It'd be less so if Ashley would just ignore Kizzy's existence the way that Kizzy tried to ignore hers. Couldn't they agree that it'd be for the best that way? No drama. No fighting. No nothing. Everyone would be so much happier that way, Kinsay was so sure of it. "... Maybe," she shrugged weakly, hoping that this could act as an end to the conversation.

"Yeah, she's the best." There wasn't anyone else who could do a better job than Fifi and even if they had official healers at the school, the way Phoebe's whole face lit up when Kinz had asked made it absolutely imperative that she'd be the only healer on the field. It was important. "Um. Yeah." She nodded, looking at Blake's name next to hers. "We had the idea in first year, but..." But then when they wanted to put into into action a neo-alliance took over the castle and stuffed her into a room. So. Um. "He's leading the red team." In case Ashley wasn't sure which to join. She should join that one.

Ash wished that people would think about anything other than themselves for just one second, so that they could maybe realize that they weren't always in the right and that maybe she couldn't be a person they liked better if they never told her what they liked. But maybe it was better this way. Because clearly, the real her wasn't something that people liked, and she didn't like them enough to change. So it was fine. This was FINE. Yeah. "I hate it when people do that, but obviously that doesn't matter. Maybe I should just get over it." She shrugged resignedly.

Back to football. Again. The conversation that they'd both rather talk about, but somehow not the thing that they were both thinking about.

"I'd say she's the best option too." She absolutely did NOT want Healer Poppy there, so it was a low bar. Phoebe was alright, although Ash didn't know her that well and couldn't imagine that Phoebe liked her if she hung out with Kinsay and Cambridge.

"...Well, I don't regret joining the red team yet. It's the team that people seem to want me on. Can't be too bad." A different person would have been disappointed that an entire team of people hated her, but not Ash. Ash was resigned to it all. It was just one of those days where she was just like, 'this might as well happen.' Y'know? Like, she expected bad things to happen. Having a bunch of enemies was nothing. None of them knew Unforgivables anyway. It was just one of those things where you took a deep breath, wiped away your tears and moved on. Yeah. Just one of those things. She looked away, at the poster, at anything other than Kinsay James. "Blake's good. Red team has a good chance." Yeah. This was fine. It was fine.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Ash wished that people would think about anything other than themselves for just one second, so that they could maybe realize that they weren't always in the right and that maybe she couldn't be a person they liked better if they never told her what they liked. But maybe it was better this way. Because clearly, the real her wasn't something that people liked, and she didn't like them enough to change. So it was fine. This was FINE. Yeah. "I hate it when people do that, but obviously that doesn't matter. Maybe I should just get over it." She shrugged resignedly.

Back to football. Again. The conversation that they'd both rather talk about, but somehow not the thing that they were both thinking about.

"I'd say she's the best option too." She absolutely did NOT want Healer Poppy there, so it was a low bar. Phoebe was alright, although Ash didn't know her that well and couldn't imagine that Phoebe liked her if she hung out with Kinsay and Cambridge.

"...Well, I don't regret joining the red team yet. It's the team that people seem to want me on. Can't be too bad." A different person would have been disappointed that an entire team of people hated her, but not Ash. Ash was resigned to it all. It was just one of those days where she was just like, 'this might as well happen.' Y'know? Like, she expected bad things to happen. Having a bunch of enemies was nothing. None of them knew Unforgivables anyway. It was just one of those things where you took a deep breath, wiped away your tears and moved on. Yeah. Just one of those things. She looked away, at the poster, at anything other than Kinsay James. "Blake's good. Red team has a good chance." Yeah. This was fine. It was fine.
The more Ashley spoke, the worse Kinsay felt. The guilt was miserable and it kept building and building and building. If the ravenclaw meant to be taking Kinsay on a guilt trip with her words, then, rest assured, it was absolutely working. "......" Instead of replying right away, she bent down to grab the pile of posters by her feet. She desperately needed something to do with her hands - it was a good distraction from all the discomfort.

"She's really good with magic." Speaking about her sister was so easy, Kins could do it all day. Sometimes she probably did do it all day. Phoebe this and Phoebe that - it was important that everyone knew.

Kiz silently agreed with Ashley, though she showed no indication of it on her features. It was for the best that she was on the red team. Kins didn't think it'd go over very well if she were to have joined the blue team, especially because Emm would be on that one. Keeping Emm and Ashley away from one another was one of Kinsay's top priorities. "Yeah, maybe," she replied with a shrug, rocking back and forth on her feet and playing with the edge of the posters in her hands.

Um.

"I need to go - there's lots of posters to hang up." Which wasn't a lie.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-16-2021, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
The more Ashley spoke, the worse Kinsay felt. The guilt was miserable and it kept building and building and building. If the ravenclaw meant to be taking Kinsay on a guilt trip with her words, then, rest assured, it was absolutely working. "......" Instead of replying right away, she bent down to grab the pile of posters by her feet. She desperately needed something to do with her hands - it was a good distraction from all the discomfort.

"She's really good with magic." Speaking about her sister was so easy, Kins could do it all day. Sometimes she probably did do it all day. Phoebe this and Phoebe that - it was important that everyone knew.

Kiz silently agreed with Ashley, though she showed no indication of it on her features. It was for the best that she was on the red team. Kins didn't think it'd go over very well if she were to have joined the blue team, especially because Emm would be on that one. Keeping Emm and Ashley away from one another was one of Kinsay's top priorities. "Yeah, maybe," she replied with a shrug, rocking back and forth on her feet and playing with the edge of the posters in her hands.

Um.

"I need to go - there's lots of posters to hang up." Which wasn't a lie.
"One day... I won't care." Ash turned around. She'd rather talk to Kinsay without looking at her or letting Kinsay see her. She stuffed her balled up hands in her pockets, suddenly full of rage. One day I won't care anymore. That was what she told herself. But it wasn't true, was it? She would always care, even if she shouldn't and didn't want to. She would always care that people thought she was a bad person, and she would still care even if they were just as bad as her. Compassion was such a weakness. She didn't even see most of her enemies as bad people. Kinsay was alright, they just never got along. But Kinsay must think of her as an awful person, and just didn't want to say it. "One day, when people say I'm a terrible person, it won't matter to me anymore." She shrugged, still facing away.

"Go ahead and hang the rest of those posters up. I'll be in the treehouse, which means that you can hang up posters wherever you want without ever having to see me. In case you were wondering." Which Kinsay probably was. "See you around." Her shoulders softened a bit, as if she was looking down a little. She stood there silently, still not looking at Kinsay, waiting for the sounds of footsteps going away.

People who didn't show emotion were often thought of as bad people. But really... why care about people who didn't care about you? Ash wondered if maybe Upstead would be good to talk to. Maybe she'd ask them about stuff, next time she saw them. Maybe she wouldn't. Who knew.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
"One day... I won't care." Ash turned around. She'd rather talk to Kinsay without looking at her or letting Kinsay see her. She stuffed her balled up hands in her pockets, suddenly full of rage. One day I won't care anymore. That was what she told herself. But it wasn't true, was it? She would always care, even if she shouldn't and didn't want to. She would always care that people thought she was a bad person, and she would still care even if they were just as bad as her. Compassion was such a weakness. She didn't even see most of her enemies as bad people. Kinsay was alright, they just never got along. But Kinsay must think of her as an awful person, and just didn't want to say it. "One day, when people say I'm a terrible person, it won't matter to me anymore." She shrugged, still facing away.

"Go ahead and hang the rest of those posters up. I'll be in the treehouse, which means that you can hang up posters wherever you want without ever having to see me. In case you were wondering." Which Kinsay probably was. "See you around." Her shoulders softened a bit, as if she was looking down a little. She stood there silently, still not looking at Kinsay, waiting for the sounds of footsteps going away.

People who didn't show emotion were often thought of as bad people. But really... why care about people who didn't care about you? Ash wondered if maybe Upstead would be good to talk to. Maybe she'd ask them about stuff, next time she saw them. Maybe she wouldn't. Who knew.
Kinsay stayed quiet, feeling horrible and weird and all the uncomfortable ways that she didn't like to think about. But it was hard not to think about these things when Ashley kept saying stuff like this over and over again. It made Kinsay's head spin. "You're not a terrible person," she replied quietly, feeling guiltier by the second. "You're not." Kinsay thought Ashley to be reckless and really defiant and confrontational and kind of difficult and really frustrating. But not terrible. Even though being around her made Kinsay feel terrible. It wasn't really Ashley's fault. They just couldn't be friends, it wasn't allowed.

"You don't have to say these things, just to make me feel bad," she replied, feeling upset now. Kins already felt horrible enough without Ashley having to rub it in her face every four seconds.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-20-2021, 11:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Kinsay stayed quiet, feeling horrible and weird and all the uncomfortable ways that she didn't like to think about. But it was hard not to think about these things when Ashley kept saying stuff like this over and over again. It made Kinsay's head spin. "You're not a terrible person," she replied quietly, feeling guiltier by the second. "You're not." Kinsay thought Ashley to be reckless and really defiant and confrontational and kind of difficult and really frustrating. But not terrible. Even though being around her made Kinsay feel terrible. It wasn't really Ashley's fault. They just couldn't be friends, it wasn't allowed.

"You don't have to say these things, just to make me feel bad," she replied, feeling upset now. Kins already felt horrible enough without Ashley having to rub it in her face every four seconds.
“That’s nice of you to say. I don’t think of you as terrible either.” True. Emmerson would probably throw a fit if she found out that Kizzy had said that Ash wasn’t a terrible person. Oops.

“I don’t say stuff just to hurt you. Only terrible people would do that. And you just said I’m not terrible.” Logic. “Is that what makes you feel bad about me? That I think nobody likes me?” She smiled, still turned away. “That’s... sweet. Like actually the nicest thing I’ve heard all day.” No really. Kinsay James, feeling bad about Ashley Fox hating on herself? She really was... something. She was something.

“Anyway, Kizzy, I believe you have some posters to hang up far away from me.” She looked over her shoulder one single time. Would Kizzy stay and feel bad, or leave and feel bad? Because Kizzy always seemed to feel bad about something... like, all the time. Relatable.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
“That’s nice of you to say. I don’t think of you as terrible either.” True. Emmerson would probably throw a fit if she found out that Kizzy had said that Ash wasn’t a terrible person. Oops.

“I don’t say stuff just to hurt you. Only terrible people would do that. And you just said I’m not terrible.” Logic. “Is that what makes you feel bad about me? That I think nobody likes me?” She smiled, still turned away. “That’s... sweet. Like actually the nicest thing I’ve heard all day.” No really. Kinsay James, feeling bad about Ashley Fox hating on herself? She really was... something. She was something.

“Anyway, Kizzy, I believe you have some posters to hang up far away from me.” She looked over her shoulder one single time. Would Kizzy stay and feel bad, or leave and feel bad? Because Kizzy always seemed to feel bad about something... like, all the time. Relatable.
.... "Thanks," she replied quietly. Sometimes Kinsay thought she was a terrible person, especially after the stuff with Emm last year and then the thing with Benjee this year. She really didn't want to be terrible. It just. It sort of just happened.

Once again, Ashley left Kins feeling some sort of way she didn't know how to understand in entirety. But, yes. Ashley kind of hit the nail on its head. Ash thinking so lowly of herself was one of the big things that made Kins feel all the horrible ways. A lot of it having to do with the worry that she was contributing to the way Ash felt about herself. It was a terribly guilty way to think. But not knowing how to reply, Kiz stayed quiet. She was thankful that the Ravenclaw had turned away because it would've been weird to look at her right now. Maybe.

"Um. Yeah," she nodded, clutching the posters close to her chest before starting to walk off. "See you." Had Ash called her Kizzy? Because only friends could call her Kizzy and if Emm heard Ashley calling her Kizzy, then Kinsay would be dead. Probably.

asdfasdfasfd

This was too much. She needed to leave. So that's what she did.

You are Lemon!
Old 06-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

PETER PAN CAST LIST

Peter Pan: Ivy Grimm
Tinker Bell: a fairy and Peter Pan's best friend,
represented only by a tiny flashing white light.
Her "dialogue" is heard as tinkling music played
by a celesta in the orchestra. Other characters
"translate" what she "says". (So not filled)

The Darling family:
Wendy Darling: Phoebe James
John Darling: Darius Potter II
Michael Darling: Apollo Adara-Stark

Mr. George Darling, their father: Teddy James
Mrs. Mary Darling, their mother: Faye Asztalos
Nana, the dog/nurse: (will transfigure and animate a dog)

The Lost Boys:
Tootles, the youngest one: Lisa Nam
Twin #1: Remy Gaehtheos
Twin #2: Dahlia Donovan
Curly: Misa Couture
Nibs: Fiona Jenovick
Slightly: Aibhilinn O'Hanlan-Draven

The pirates
Captain James Hook: Kale Trent
Smee, Hook's comedic sidekick: Morgan McCarthy

Pirates:
Emmerson Cambridge
Cecelia Summers
Faye Asztalos
Florence Charbonneau
Gracelyn Abbott-Daniau
Heathcliff Jones
Kinsay James
Nemesis Upstead
Olive Burke
Teddy James
Victoria Gellar
Violet Blackthorne
Old 06-23-2021, 08:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
Default Cast List Posting~
be curious, not judgmental

The three James siblings had agreed to show up together to see the cast list. They knew that Teddy didn't care about his fate, whereas he cared very much about his sisters. Fi was a natural on stage, born for theatrics and the spotlight, and Kiz was too cute and too eager to please for the Big Man to let down, right? Teddy knew well that Kiz would learn to relax, become more comfortable with herself, and flourish in such a setting - but she just needed Trent to take a chance on her.

If he didn't, Teddy and Phoebe were right there for her to remind her of why this didn't say anything about her character, her heart, her compassion, and her warmth. It was just a school play, casted based upon one one-minute little thing. Not indicative of anything that should be important to her. To all of them. He had a whole sweet brotherly monologue ready, just in case.

As they neared the bulletin board, Teddy slowed his gait further back, squeezed Kiz's hand and smiled, nodding at Fi. "No matter what it says, it's all good. We'll celebrate our successes in casting, in having our free time, in-- whatever. Good?" He was there for hugs and ice cream after and whatever else they needed.

Did they all want to look together, or did someone want to look first? Teddy was okay to stand back and watch and be receptive to any need for dabbing away tears, if they wanted, and he looked to them for direction and to reassure.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default fambam <3 re: Cast List

In truth, Kinsay didn't want a big part. She wanted a really, really small part or maybe no part at all. The less lines, the better. Not because she wouldn't be able to memorize them (memorizing was so easy), but because she didn't really want to be in the play to begin with. Her siblings and friends were the ones who belonged up on stage. Kins liked being able to cheer them on without having any bit of the spotlight. It was better that way. But she also didn't want to disappoint Emm, so it was for the best that she auditioned and didn't get a role. That way, it wouldn't be her fault and she wouldn't have to feel guilty about it. It was the most solid plan ever - one of her best. AND it was a secret, of course. Ideally, Emm and Fifi would get leads too, but Kins was trying really hard not to get her hopes up.

So even though she was trying to be mighty realistic about it, Kins was still kind of nervous as the three of them made their way to peek at the cast list posting. Slowing when she sensed Teddy doing so, Kins looked at both Fifi and Teddy with a small smile. "Good." So? Who was going to look first? Because it definitely wasn't going to be Kizzy. And just to make the point, she threw her hands over her eyes. "Someone tell me what it says!" Kins was too nervous, mhm.

Please no role. Please no role. Please no role!!!

You are Lemon!
Old 06-24-2021, 12:01 AM   #22 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Had she expected to get cast? Not really, but Gracelyn knew she had at least tried. She just also had accepted the fact that, without knowing exactly what was being looked for, there was every chance what she had done was not enough. She hadn’t sung anything, or really done much more than show she was able to memorize a monologue and portray the character to the best of her ability. Before Healer Poppy had interrupted everything and done who knew what to the environment of the dueling arena.

Even so, she had found there were some nerves happening when she had heard the cast list had been posted. It had to just be worry that her friends hadn’t gotten the roles they may have wanted. If anyone had even known what the play they had all been auditioning for in the first place. Right? Absolutely. She was just going to check on that. On the odd chance her audition had gotten her a part, she’d just have to worry about that if it happened.

At least she wasn’t alone, as she saw the James siblings already gathered at the bulletin board. “Has anyone looked at it yet?,” she asked, glancing at the littlest James with her eyes covered. Obviously probably not her, although she thought Kinsay had done an amazing audition along with her older siblings.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
Old 06-24-2021, 12:15 AM   #23 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Apparently, the James family were a bunch of joiners. Phoebe had the impression that Teddy was just happy to be among friends, doing whatever activity they wanted to do. Cheesecake. And Kiz was the same, although she certainly seemed to want to participate in this activity of her own volition. Maybe. The tense look on her face now belied that earlier eagerness.

As for Phoebe, she liked the stage and she liked the drama, but she'd gladly play the ugly hag or the grandmother with a fabulous bonnet. People like Cece should be the romantic, pretty lead, and that was fine with her. "Okay, I'll look. You guys are a little bit dramatic, you know that?" She smiled at Gracelyn when she joined them. Less dramatic.

She stepped up to the board and ran her finger up the list, starting at the bottom. "Pirates! Kiz and Teddy and Gracelyn are all pirates! With Emm and Cece..." But no Phoebe. "Maybe I'm the dog! Oh, Kale is Captain Hook. Morgan is Smee. What kind of name is Smee, anyway? Where's the dog?" She kept moving up the list, but it was sort of feeling like she wasn't going to be on the list at ALL. "Oh, they're not casting a dog. Teddy, you play Mr. Darling too! You probably shouldn't have done poetry and been so sweet and thoughtf..."

Wendy Darling. Phoebe James. Well. That had to be a mistake. "I'm pretty sure this is the wrong list, guys. Sorry."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest

Last edited by Cassirin; 06-24-2021 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Because G is here too.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:56 AM   #24 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Teddy put his arm around Kizzy's shoulders when she covered her eyes and opted to stay there and hold her while Fi led the charge to check the list. At Gracelyn's arrival, he brightened to chime, "Not yet, we were discussing--" He started to respond to her question, but Fi was at the list and reading. Pirates?! He was a pirate WITH Kiz AND Gracelyn? "Ha!" he remarked incredulously, hugging Kiz's head and ruffling her hair and offering an equally-enthusiastic high-five to Gracelyn with his free hand.

He looked on with pure elation as Fi continued to read their friends' names, from KALE ALEXANDER TRENT AS CAPTAIN HOOK to Morgan as Smee and a dog, what? The roller coaster the Gryffindor was taking them on was a wild climb high into the sky, and he started to realize she hadn't pointed out herself yet and he-- what?! "Mr. Darling?" Like, a dad? A father? Married? He started to laugh, until--

"Wait, why?" Why was it the wrong list? He released Kiz to move forward urgently and see for himself. She... Oh. "Wendy Darling. WENDY. You're the LEAD." One of three leads, technically, probably, but in the moment it felt like Fi was the ONE AND ONLY. "Fiiiiiiiiiiii!" CUE A TWIN BEAR HUG.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Kinsay only peeked between her fingers A LITTLE BIT just so she could squint at Teddy. And Gracelyn, who had joined them at some point, apparently. Kiz was busy covering her eyes, so she hadn’t noticed until now. But hi, Gracelyn. Anyway! Back to hiding. Because things were getting REALLY nerve-wracking now! Kiz bounced around as she waited anxiously, only to start FULLY jumping up and down when Fifi declared that she'd be a pirate with TEDDY and EMM and CECE !!!! In all the excitement and hair-ruffling, Kinsay Cassandra James entirely forgot that she didn’t actually want a role at all.

Oops.

And Kale as Captain Hook?! He'd be SO good! And - "Mr. Darling!?!?" She made a grab for Teddy’s arm, shaking him with ALL the excitement. She knew he’d get a good part. She knew it, she knew it, she knew it. But what about Phoebe? What was Phoebe’s role?

Kiz stood in aaaaall the confusion, watching as Teddy let go to read the list himself and—HEY WAIT A MINUTE !!!!! Kinsay wanted in on the bear hug action, too!

"FIFI!" Cue the softest Kinsay shrieks of delight. Kiz incoming. SIBLING TACKLE. "Wendy Darling!" This was the most excitement she had experienced all year. The world needed to know. "You're a star, Phoebe!" The MOST deserving!

You are Lemon!