sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1068 users online including...
Stevendalo , ClarazkaVaste , Sherinkaseame , KennethsSiz

7 members
1061 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-04-2019, 05:39 AM

Default Office of Professor Schmoe

If one were to walk a few paces to the right of the class bulletin board, they'd find an actual office, where Professor Schmoe resides (sort of)! It's far more comfortable and spacious than the repurposed broom closet he had at Beauxbatons, don't you think? Ah, the sweet joy of being the only school in your school.

Once you've been welcomed in, you'll notice that you can actually stretch your arms out to their full stretch capacity. So go on, give yourself a nice stretch! Professor Schmoe encourages it. Good for the joints.

Your professor has a simple, wooden desk (from, you guessed it, IKEA!) at one end of the room. On top of the desk, there is always a pile of books, papers, a framed photo of Alina, and random muggle gadgets 'n gizmos. Puzzles! Rubik cubes! Fidget spinners! Forks (in case he is having office dinner)! He sure loves his things. Behind his desk, there is a HUGE bookshelf. With BOOKS. Lots and lots of BOOKS! In front of his desk, are two beanbag chairs for you to sit in. Careful, they slump down more than you'd think. And finally, on the wall near all of the strange (vintage!) (muggle!) band posters (re: backstreet boys, one direction, NSYNC, BTS), there is a moving cat-clock, whose ticking echoes quite loudly.

The office is a little more crowded this year, as if someone had taken all of Schmoe's belongings from his home and placed them all over the office. It's fine. Everything is fine. He's got it all in a series of stacked boxes, so hopefully it's not distracting. Er. AnYwAy.

If you'd fancy a chat, just knock on the door! .... Or don't. But uh. He probably won't know you're here if you go that route.

OOC: Hello! There's no separate thread for a waiting area, so you can start here. Feel free to start a seperate timeline, even if others have posted before you. You can assume that his door is locked because that's what a responsible professor would do.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default I really thought I had replied but apparently not??
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

It didn't matter how big or how loud Ms. Turov's knock was because Finneas Schmoe was not inside his office. Actually, he was making his way towards his office just now, with a letter in hand and a decision that was still cause for deliberation.

Seeing Ms. Turov, Finneas quickly recovered from his stress-riddled posture to a more welcoming stance. "Er, hullo!" He chirped, stepping up behind her. "Are you, er, h-here to see me?" Or did she like admiring doors? Because he was not one to judge. Whoever did the staining of this one, did a right good job of it. Might good door, it was! But er, if she did want to have a chat... then that was alright too!
Margaret startled at the voice of Schmoe from behind her. She turned and gave him a wide-eyed look, like she was surprised to see him. She wasn't, just surprised at the direction she was seeing him. Behind her, instead of behind the door.

Very unexpected.

"Er, hi, professor, yes...I'm here to see you," she said. Why else would she be here?? "If that's okay?" If this was a bad time...she could come back later. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Her gift wasn't urgent. Just exciting. She was excited? Yes. She hoped he would be happy.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet knocked on the office door of Professor Shhmoe and hoped he would answer. He had said she could talk to him after class. After reviewing in her mind the best member of the faculty or staff to approach, she'd picked him to approach about this (lucky Schmoe!)
Finneas was sat inside his office, grappling with a big decision. A decision he had technically already made, though he wasn't quite ready to admit to it. Grappling took a lot of energy, you know? Made it exceedingly difficult to focus on other tasks, such as grading the stack of essays currently on top of his desk. So he was very much thankful for the distraction when he heard the knock on his door.

"Come in," he called out, flicking his wand to unlock the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Margaret startled at the voice of Schmoe from behind her. She turned and gave him a wide-eyed look, like she was surprised to see him. She wasn't, just surprised at the direction she was seeing him. Behind her, instead of behind the door.

Very unexpected.

"Er, hi, professor, yes...I'm here to see you," she said. Why else would she be here?? "If that's okay?" If this was a bad time...she could come back later. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Her gift wasn't urgent. Just exciting. She was excited? Yes. She hoped he would be happy.
Yes, well, er. Sometimes Professors have to do things outside of their offices.

"Well, you've come to the right place!" He grinned, slipping the letter into his pocket for safekeeping. He'd, er, he'd deal with that matter later. "Oh, er, yes, of course, let me er, let me just open the door." He always appreciated visits with his students, so long as they were not disciplinary meetings. Those were not Schmoe's cup of tea. But casual visits? He lived for those.

So with a flick of his wand, he opened his door and motioned Ms. Turov to step inside. "After you."

You are Lemon!
Old 07-07-2021, 03:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Laughter was a sign that maybe something was going right. Or, er, perhaps that things would be going right eventually. Being a Hufflepuff, Finneas knew the importance of patience.

He chuckled in response to her own salute, shifting a little in his seat. "You're welcome to stay here as long as you like, Ms. Fox," he bobbed his head. "But, er, I'm sure you have plenty to do, so I won't keep you."
Ash actually didn't have very much to do. Well, she could sleep or stare poetically at the view on the balcony. She had nothing URGENT to do. Nothing NECESSARY to do. All the same, she didn't want to take up too much of Schmoe's time. Maybe he wanted to sleep or stare poetically at the view. Or maybe he hated her and didn't want to show it!!! No, Schmoe would never... anyway. She stood up. "I think I'll go. But I'll come back if I feel like it." Just in case he thought he had gotten rid of her... he hadn't.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Violet knocked on the office door of Professor Shhmoe and hoped he would answer. He had said she could talk to him after class. After reviewing in her mind the best member of the faculty or staff to approach, she'd picked him to approach about this (lucky Schmoe!)
Quote:

"Come in," he called out, flicking his wand to unlock the door.
Finally! Violet sighed with relief as felt the magical unlocking of the door beneath her fingers, and she pushed the door open and went into Schmoe's office.

"Thanks for seeing me, Professor. This won't take long...I hope," she began, feeling nervous now that she was inside. But she was determined to try to do something about the strange turn the school year was taking. She'd waited on the sidelines, hoping things would turn out well, for two years now and that had ended in disaster. No way was she going to just let things progress at their own pace again.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash actually didn't have very much to do. Well, she could sleep or stare poetically at the view on the balcony. She had nothing URGENT to do. Nothing NECESSARY to do. All the same, she didn't want to take up too much of Schmoe's time. Maybe he wanted to sleep or stare poetically at the view. Or maybe he hated her and didn't want to show it!!! No, Schmoe would never... anyway. She stood up. "I think I'll go. But I'll come back if I feel like it." Just in case he thought he had gotten rid of her... he hadn't.
Schmoe offered the young Ravenclaw a bob of the head. "Very well," he sighed, taking a long sip from his tea (because he had almost forgotten about it) (and yes, it did go cold). "Enjoy the rest of your evening, Ms. Fox. You're welcome to c-come by whenever you'd like." It was an open invitation... assuming Finneas was in his office, of course.
Quote:
Finally! Violet sighed with relief as felt the magical unlocking of the door beneath her fingers, and she pushed the door open and went into Schmoe's office.

"Thanks for seeing me, Professor. This won't take long...I hope," she began, feeling nervous now that she was inside. But she was determined to try to do something about the strange turn the school year was taking. She'd waited on the sidelines, hoping things would turn out well, for two years now and that had ended in disaster. No way was she going to just let things progress at their own pace again.
As Ms. Blackthorne made her way inside, Finneas cast a simple charm over the stack of essays in order to keep them hidden. He trusted his students, of course, but it was more so a matter of principle - protecting their privacy and whatnot. But so far, the essay looked like it might receive an O, his favorite mark to hand out!

"Er, of course. I always have time, Ms. Blackthorne." He didn't want her to feel rushed by any means. "Please, er, take a seat, if you wish." He knew some people preferred to stand, but the beanbags were quite comfortable. "What, er, what seems to be on your mind?" Schmoe wasn't the best at picking up on cues, but he could sense some nerves.

You are Lemon!
Old 07-13-2021, 08:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:

"Er, of course. I always have time, Ms. Blackthorne." He didn't want her to feel rushed by any means. "Please, er, take a seat, if you wish." He knew some people preferred to stand, but the beanbags were quite comfortable. "What, er, what seems to be on your mind?" Schmoe wasn't the best at picking up on cues, but he could sense some nerves.
Violet dithered for a minute, eyeing the beanbag chair nearby. She didn't really feel like that chair was where she should be sitting for this--she didn't want to get too comfortable-- but she also didn't want to be standing and hovering over Professor Schmoe. Finally, with as much grace as she manage, she lowered herself into the chair and attempted to sit up in something approximating a businesslike manner on the soft and yielding surface.

"Well, it's this, Professor," she began, abandoning Slytherin evasiveness and cutting to the chase. "What's going on with this bread thing? I mean, it's everywhere, they're {meaning she, i.e. Healer Poppy} practically forcing it on us, and...there's something weird about it, Professor," she went on, a little urgently now. "I mean, have you ever observed people who have eaten it? Whatever they were doing or saying or thinking, the minute they have a bite it's like they forget all about it and go into some kind of strange...happy place. It's almost like they're drugged or something."

Violet sat back, trying to think of what to sy and how to say it so Professor Schmoe wouldn't discount her. "I mean...it may be nothing, you may think I'm over-reacting, but it's...strange. And the last few years when things started going on that were strange, everybody ignored what the students tried to tell them, and...and look at what happened!"

Violet felt like she was going out on a limb here, in a very un-Slytherin-like manner, but she'd vowed to herself last summer that she would never just sit around again when strange things happened and hope that it would just turn out all right if she kept her head down.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:19 AM   #32 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Yes, well, er. Sometimes Professors have to do things outside of their offices.

"Well, you've come to the right place!" He grinned, slipping the letter into his pocket for safekeeping. He'd, er, he'd deal with that matter later. "Oh, er, yes, of course, let me er, let me just open the door." He always appreciated visits with his students, so long as they were not disciplinary meetings. Those were not Schmoe's cup of tea. But casual visits? He lived for those.

So with a flick of his wand, he opened his door and motioned Ms. Turov to step inside. "After you."
Mamie stepped in, through the door of course, and took her time looking around Schmoe's office. She'd never been in here, and...wow was it crowded. Why were there so many boxes? The Muggle junk gadgets didn't surprise her, he was the Muggle Studies professor after all, but...just, wow, lots of stuff.

She gently pulled her rucksack off her back and set it on the floor, still looking at...were those boy bands on the walls? Professor Schmoe certainly had interesting taste. Should she sit down? She wasn't sure, so she stayed standing, rucksack at her feet. She wasn't going to comment on the...really, why were there boxes? "Professor, why do you have so many boxes?" she asked curiously. So much for not commenting.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:32 AM   #33 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Violet dithered for a minute, eyeing the beanbag chair nearby. She didn't really feel like that chair was where she should be sitting for this--she didn't want to get too comfortable-- but she also didn't want to be standing and hovering over Professor Schmoe. Finally, with as much grace as she manage, she lowered herself into the chair and attempted to sit up in something approximating a businesslike manner on the soft and yielding surface.

"Well, it's this, Professor," she began, abandoning Slytherin evasiveness and cutting to the chase. "What's going on with this bread thing? I mean, it's everywhere, they're {meaning she, i.e. Healer Poppy} practically forcing it on us, and...there's something weird about it, Professor," she went on, a little urgently now. "I mean, have you ever observed people who have eaten it? Whatever they were doing or saying or thinking, the minute they have a bite it's like they forget all about it and go into some kind of strange...happy place. It's almost like they're drugged or something."

Violet sat back, trying to think of what to sy and how to say it so Professor Schmoe wouldn't discount her. "I mean...it may be nothing, you may think I'm over-reacting, but it's...strange. And the last few years when things started going on that were strange, everybody ignored what the students tried to tell them, and...and look at what happened!"

Violet felt like she was going out on a limb here, in a very un-Slytherin-like manner, but she'd vowed to herself last summer that she would never just sit around again when strange things happened and hope that it would just turn out all right if she kept her head down.

Finneas had thought to offer an alternative to bean bag chairs, though there weren't any alternatives in his office at the moment. It was certainly something he considered each and every year. Bean bags weren't everyone's cup of tea. But. Er. His office was unusually crowded, so perhaps it was for the best that he didn't have too many chairs. Had he noticed her hesitance, he may have offered her one of the more secure cardboard boxes. But, er. As it was, he had no idea that there was any hesitance present.

He settled into his seat as Violet began explaining her quandary - the urgency in which she spoke was rather alarming and even Schmoe could tell that this was something she had been sitting with for quite a while. He had his doubts too, but ... the feelings of intense calm were so fleeting that Schmoe had always assumed it was a ... personal thing. "Ms. Blackthorne, I would be lying if I said I haven't considered such possibilities myself." There was more to Healer Poppy that met the eye. Finneas was getting that feeling too.

He also remembered something a few students had mentioned during the lesson. Something about the kitchens being closed for, er, who knows what. Ultimately, Finneas looked back at Ms. Blackthorne with a firm nod and made way to stand up on his wobbly feet. "Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention." Many of the students didn't trust their professors any more, Finneas was quite aware. "I, er, I believe you raise some valid concerns and... er. Perhaps a trip to the kitchen is due? To, er, investigate this bread making business?" There was really only one way to get to the bottom of this. "If we head there now, we er, we can get ahead of the dinner rush." It was an approximate guess. Finneas didn't exactly know the cooking schedule.

OOC: If you/violet want to move to the kitchen, feel free to de-clone here and post there without waiting for another post from me! Otherwise, we can continue here if Violet would rather not head that way.

SPOILER!!: Mamie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Mamie stepped in, through the door of course, and took her time looking around Schmoe's office. She'd never been in here, and...wow was it crowded. Why were there so many boxes? The Muggle junk gadgets didn't surprise her, he was the Muggle Studies professor after all, but...just, wow, lots of stuff.

She gently pulled her rucksack off her back and set it on the floor, still looking at...were those boy bands on the walls? Professor Schmoe certainly had interesting taste. Should she sit down? She wasn't sure, so she stayed standing, rucksack at her feet. She wasn't going to comment on the...really, why were there boxes? "Professor, why do you have so many boxes?" she asked curiously. So much for not commenting.

Boxes? What boxes? Ha, only kidding. He did know they were there. But after months of working around them, they were easy to ignore. Or. Er. Something like that. "Ah, yes, er." How did one begin to explain the predicament he had found himself in at the start of the term without entirely giving away the predicament he had found himself in at the start of the term, that is the question. His personal life was meant to be personal, you know? "I'm in a bit of a transient state." In more ways than just the one. But. Er. He hadn't really made his decision yet... Not technically.

"They, er, won't be too distracting, I hope?" Because if they were, Schmoe was happy to move this conversation to the technology(ish) lounge. That place was EMPTY nowadays!

You are Lemon!
Old 07-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #34 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Hiya! (Lia & Lisa want to speak to Schmoe <3)
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Dahlia was excited. This idea had been in her head for months since she had spoken about it with Lisa up on the battlements. The weather hadn't been the greatest though during the time but now, it was nearing the end of April! It was now or never! And if a game of football could be played out on the grounds, well she didn't see why their idea wouldn't be given the okay too.

So mid-way between breakfast and lunch on a Saturday morning, the second year stood outside of Professor Schmoe's office. Raising one of her hands she gave three knocks on the door in front her, dropping her hand to her side again. "Now, we wait." Lia beamed brightly at Lisa whom she had brought with her since it was both of their idea.

You are Bread!
Old 07-16-2021, 11:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
"Ms. Blackthorne, I would be lying if I said I haven't considered such possibilities myself." There was more to Healer Poppy that met the eye. ...

Finneas was getting that feeling too. Ultimately, Finneas looked back at Ms. Blackthorne with a firm nod and made way to stand up on his wobbly feet. "Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention." Many of the students didn't trust their professors any more, Finneas was quite aware. "I, er, I believe you raise some valid concerns and... er. Perhaps a trip to the kitchen is due? To, er, investigate this bread making business?" There was really only one way to get to the bottom of this. "If we head there now, we er, we can get ahead of the dinner rush."
Violet was relieved that one of the professors was taking this seriously--she had been prepared to be brushed off again, like the times before. She wouldn't have bothered this time, only she'd seen first hand what a disaster things could become if you just ignored them.

Eager to jump up and join Schmoe on his trip to the kitchens, Violet almost tipped out of the beanbag chair onto the floor, but fortunately all that practice falling in Flying Class came in handy for once and she was able to catch herself in time.

"Yes, thanks, Professor, I'd like to go check it out," she said hurriedly to cover her awkward exit from the chair. She didn't mention that she'd already been snooping around down there before this, but with little result. Maybe bringing a professor with her would help. "You know, Healer Poppy won't say what's in that bread if you ask her. I really think if would be best if someone checked up on it." Violet couldn't wait to get back down to the kitchens and see what they could find out.

OOC: Okay, heading down to the Kitchen thread now.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia was excited. This idea had been in her head for months since she had spoken about it with Lisa up on the battlements. The weather hadn't been the greatest though during the time but now, it was nearing the end of April! It was now or never! And if a game of football could be played out on the grounds, well she didn't see why their idea wouldn't be given the okay too.

So mid-way between breakfast and lunch on a Saturday morning, the second year stood outside of Professor Schmoe's office. Raising one of her hands she gave three knocks on the door in front her, dropping her hand to her side again. "Now, we wait." Lia beamed brightly at Lisa whom she had brought with her since it was both of their idea.
Lisa had skipped down the stairs and into the room outside of Schmoe’s office. As she came to halt with skipping, she quickly transitioned to hop-bouncing from foot to foot (very excitedly) because she was bursting with mirth and excitement. She was so so so so happy that they were FINALLY talking to Schmoe about their BEST idea yet.

A massive game! One that all the students would have a blast at!!! She couldn’t wait

How long do you’ll think it take? Do you think he’s on a date? Do you think Professor Flamsteed is in there? Are they a thing?” she asked as she continued to bounce. Despite bouncing and all that, she was just as curious as ever!
Old 07-21-2021, 08:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

SPOILER!!: Live, Laugh, Lia & Lisa
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa had skipped down the stairs and into the room outside of Schmoe’s office. As she came to halt with skipping, she quickly transitioned to hop-bouncing from foot to foot (very excitedly) because she was bursting with mirth and excitement. She was so so so so happy that they were FINALLY talking to Schmoe about their BEST idea yet.

A massive game! One that all the students would have a blast at!!! She couldn’t wait

How long do you’ll think it take? Do you think he’s on a date? Do you think Professor Flamsteed is in there? Are they a thing?” she asked as she continued to bounce. Despite bouncing and all that, she was just as curious as ever!

Whether Finneas had heard Lisa's questions would be a mystery that would ultimately go unanswered. He did, however, make it quite clear that he heard the knock on his door because just a few moments later (after reshuffling some of the gadgets he had strewn about his desk), he unlocked the office door with a flick of his-

Er.

With a flick of his-

Where was his wand? Ah. He must have dropped it as he was tending to the Jenga tower he was working on. heh. AnYwAy. He actually unlocked the office door with a flick of his wand this time, now that he had located it at last.

"Come in!" He called out.

You are Lemon!
Old 07-25-2021, 07:18 PM   #38 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Lisa & Finneas!

As if her own excitement was enough, Lisa's skipping and bouncing was seriously contagious. If anyone saw her right now they might think she was her old self again, the Lia before everything bad had happened. The Lia that her family and Tadhg still got to see from time to time. The true Dahlia that was returning more and more each day when nothing terrible threatened to take it all away again.

"Erm, I'm not sure. If he's inside I'm sure he wouldn't intentionally keep us waiting out here even if he is busy." That would be downright rude, especially for a professor AND their Head of House. "A date? With Professor Flamsteed? I don't know.. he could be?" It wasn't really any of her business but now that it was mentioned, consider her slightly curious. Everyone deserved happiness.

There wasn't much sound coming from the other side of the door to the office. However at least one of their questions was answered rather quickly by none other than Schmoe himself. "Let's go find out." Lia smiled brightly, reaching and opening the door to let them both inside the office.

"Hello, Professor Schmoe." Cue the beaming smile and warm sparkling blue eyes. "If you're not too bu-" Was he playing Jenga?! All by himself? She LOVED that game! "Are you having a game a Jenga, Sir or just building a super tall tower?" Sorry she was momentarily distracted now by the sight of the blocks.

You are Bread!
Old 07-26-2021, 12:52 AM   #39 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Lia’s response was very, very reasonable. She appreciated it. The response made sense. It wouldn’t be like Schmoe to keep them waiting because he was NICE and not an evil dark wizard (sadly). Lisa had grieved (ever so slightly) over the loss of one of her greatest theories being busted. Daniel and her had been so sure. But alas… Atlas was right. He was ALWAYS right! And so so smart. “Yeah, it’s not like Schmoe!” she flashed a quick smile in return before smirking at Lia’s next comment.

Oh. So she WASNT interested in being nosey and learning ALL about their Professors. “They’d be cute.” It wasn’t any of her business really- but HE was HER Head of House so she had to keep his best interests at heart, yeah? It’s like having a cool thirty something year old uncle that you try to set up with every nice female teacher you have in hopes of that teacher becoming the best Auntie in the world!!!! Just Lisa? Perhaps.

Schmoe called out, inviting them into his office. She stared at the door and then looked to Lia who lead the way. “Hi Professor Schmoe!” she greeted with an equally beamy smile when she saw him and the JENGA TOWER! “Can we challenge you to a match?

Ever the competitive one was the youngest Nam…
Old 07-28-2021, 03:40 AM   #40 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
As if her own excitement was enough, Lisa's skipping and bouncing was seriously contagious. If anyone saw her right now they might think she was her old self again, the Lia before everything bad had happened. The Lia that her family and Tadhg still got to see from time to time. The true Dahlia that was returning more and more each day when nothing terrible threatened to take it all away again.

"Erm, I'm not sure. If he's inside I'm sure he wouldn't intentionally keep us waiting out here even if he is busy." That would be downright rude, especially for a professor AND their Head of House. "A date? With Professor Flamsteed? I don't know.. he could be?" It wasn't really any of her business but now that it was mentioned, consider her slightly curious. Everyone deserved happiness.

There wasn't much sound coming from the other side of the door to the office. However at least one of their questions was answered rather quickly by none other than Schmoe himself. "Let's go find out." Lia smiled brightly, reaching and opening the door to let them both inside the office.

"Hello, Professor Schmoe." Cue the beaming smile and warm sparkling blue eyes. "If you're not too bu-" Was he playing Jenga?! All by himself? She LOVED that game! "Are you having a game a Jenga, Sir or just building a super tall tower?" Sorry she was momentarily distracted now by the sight of the blocks.
Quote:
Lia’s response was very, very reasonable. She appreciated it. The response made sense. It wouldn’t be like Schmoe to keep them waiting because he was NICE and not an evil dark wizard (sadly). Lisa had grieved (ever so slightly) over the loss of one of her greatest theories being busted. Daniel and her had been so sure. But alas… Atlas was right. He was ALWAYS right! And so so smart. “Yeah, it’s not like Schmoe!” she flashed a quick smile in return before smirking at Lia’s next comment.

Oh. So she WASNT interested in being nosey and learning ALL about their Professors. “They’d be cute.” It wasn’t any of her business really- but HE was HER Head of House so she had to keep his best interests at heart, yeah? It’s like having a cool thirty something year old uncle that you try to set up with every nice female teacher you have in hopes of that teacher becoming the best Auntie in the world!!!! Just Lisa? Perhaps.

Schmoe called out, inviting them into his office. She stared at the door and then looked to Lia who lead the way. “Hi Professor Schmoe!” she greeted with an equally beamy smile when she saw him and the JENGA TOWER! “Can we challenge you to a match?

Ever the competitive one was the youngest Nam…
"Hello, hello, you two," he greeted the pair with a bob of his head. "A riveting game of jenga, yes! It's, er, one of my favorites." It honed in on all of the skills that he lacked - coordination, a steady hand, and an eye for the misplaced. But! It was still very exciting all the same.

With that in mind, he turned to look at Lisa as she inquired about challenging him to a match. "Er, yes, of course. Is this, er, why you two came to see me?" And if so, how did they know he would be playing?

You are Lemon!
Old 07-28-2021, 11:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Orange buddies! Lisa & Professor Schmoe

Nope, Schmoe wasn't the type of person to keep them waiting. Lia was sure of that and that was saying something since as of lately it was hard to be sure of much. When it came to adult authority here at Hogwarts, anyhow. It was hard to know who to trust and trusting no one was just sad. "Yeah but that's all up to him." No one can tell someone who to like or not like.

Dahlia smiled. "Are you winning?" Against himself? If he was enjoying jt, who cared! "That sounds fun! I'd be happy to play a game." This could be exactly what they needed for their talk! Jenga could help them prove how much fun playing games can be and how it brought people together.

"No, it isn't why we came to see you but I'm glad we did! We did want to speak with you about us playing a group wide game out on the grounds of hide and seek. We want to include anyone that would like to play.. no magic allowed so everyone has a fair chance." She glanced over at Lisa to see if she had anything else to add.

You are Bread!
Old 07-31-2021, 03:51 PM   #42 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Schmoe’s response to the challenge made Lisa smirk. Hehehe. For a moment, she debated about saying that she had only come down to challenge him (because CHALLENGING SOMEONE WAS FUN!) and she really wanted to see HIS reaction. However, she paused, letting Lia explain why they were here. She listened to her housemate explain the plot perfectly to their Head of House, offering a nod here and there before realizing that Lia had been looking to at her to add something. Oh.

Oh! Just as Lia said, Professor Schmoesph- Schmoe!” she quickly corrected herself. “We wanted to do it as a fun activity- maybe a little friendly house competition? But all in good fun and good sport. No magic allowed. Purely Muggle and no-Maj style fun!” she explained. “And then maybe we could get the house elves to play too!! I’ve felt so bad for them being locked away in the kitchen so it’d be nice to have them too!” Lisa liked the house elves immensely. They were very friendly and very nice.

I knew you would be playing Jenga…. The tea leaves spelled it out…” Lisa threw her Head of House a teasing yet mysterious smirk. Hehehe. Too fun! She paused, momentarily content on ending it there, before adding more. Heh. “And we have our ways of knowing… things… Don’t underestimate small Ravenclaws, sir. We may be tiny but we know how to listen and observe.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Nope, Schmoe wasn't the type of person to keep them waiting. Lia was sure of that and that was saying something since as of lately it was hard to be sure of much. When it came to adult authority here at Hogwarts, anyhow. It was hard to know who to trust and trusting no one was just sad. "Yeah but that's all up to him." No one can tell someone who to like or not like.

Dahlia smiled. "Are you winning?" Against himself? If he was enjoying jt, who cared! "That sounds fun! I'd be happy to play a game." This could be exactly what they needed for their talk! Jenga could help them prove how much fun playing games can be and how it brought people together.

"No, it isn't why we came to see you but I'm glad we did! We did want to speak with you about us playing a group wide game out on the grounds of hide and seek. We want to include anyone that would like to play.. no magic allowed so everyone has a fair chance." She glanced over at Lisa to see if she had anything else to add.
Quote:
Schmoe’s response to the challenge made Lisa smirk. Hehehe. For a moment, she debated about saying that she had only come down to challenge him (because CHALLENGING SOMEONE WAS FUN!) and she really wanted to see HIS reaction. However, she paused, letting Lia explain why they were here. She listened to her housemate explain the plot perfectly to their Head of House, offering a nod here and there before realizing that Lia had been looking to at her to add something. Oh.

Oh! Just as Lia said, Professor Schmoesph- Schmoe!” she quickly corrected herself. “We wanted to do it as a fun activity- maybe a little friendly house competition? But all in good fun and good sport. No magic allowed. Purely Muggle and no-Maj style fun!” she explained. “And then maybe we could get the house elves to play too!! I’ve felt so bad for them being locked away in the kitchen so it’d be nice to have them too!” Lisa liked the house elves immensely. They were very friendly and very nice.

I knew you would be playing Jenga…. The tea leaves spelled it out…” Lisa threw her Head of House a teasing yet mysterious smirk. Hehehe. Too fun! She paused, momentarily content on ending it there, before adding more. Heh. “And we have our ways of knowing… things… Don’t underestimate small Ravenclaws, sir. We may be tiny but we know how to listen and observe.
Was he winning? Against himself? Er. Finneas wasn't entirely sure if it was an actual question or just a rhetorical one that Dahlia had asked so, er, he simply chuckled awkwardly in response. No, wait. Maybe he'd answer. Just in case. He didn't want his students to think he was ignoring their questions, you know? If there was one thing Finneas strived to do, it was to encourage the inquisitive mind. "Er, not quite. I'm, er, just practicing." If he could pull off a wink, he would wink right now. But alas. Not everyone could be as effortlessly cool as Kamran. Schmoe sure wasn't.

He gave the two ravenclaws his full attention as they began to explain their real motive for the office visit and quickly smiled as they laid the details out in full. "That, er, that sounds like fun. Are professors invited to join?" Because Schmoe would most definitely come along if that were to be the case. But he also knew that sometimes he ought to let back and allow the students their own fun. So, er, he figured it was best to ask rather than to assume.

"Oh, er, I, er..." He stumbled on his words. Lisa had caught him off guard. "I would, er, no, no. Size has nothing to do with one's capacity." He wasn't one for underestimating either. Though, er, maybe it would be nice if the first years could learn his name. This was not the first instance this term.

You are Lemon!
Old 08-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #44 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default pretend this isn't 500 years late or anything *cough*
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Finneas was sat inside his office, as one does. Feet propped up on his desk, a cup of tea in one hand and a letter in the other. He had read over the letter several times now and he wasn't reading over it now. He was simply staring into The Void (TM) and thinking the Big Thoughts. Decisions were never one of his strongest skills and his friend was asking him to make a big one.

But, er, thankfully he had time to decide annnnnnnnnnnnd what better way to put off the decision than to answer the door.

He nearly jumped out of his socks (whew!), when he heard the knocks. It took him a few seconds to put his feet on the floor (splashing a nice pattern of tea on his button-down) and put away his letter, but once he did all that, Schmoe flicked his wands towards the door. "Come in," he called from the Inside.

"Er, ah, hello, Bernadette!"

Time for the yearly pilgrimage, already? "Tea?"
Bernie dragged herself into Schmoe's office a bit like a slug, somehow managing to open the door and also getting it closed in one smooth motion? Yes, the door closed itself. Maybe there was a draft. Maybe there was a ghost nearby. Who knew.

She cleared her throat and slumped into a beanbag chair. Tea? "Suuuuuuuuuure," the sixth-year sniffled. "I'm just here to say goodbye before I drop out of school."

Yes, that's all then.

Bernie shook her head suddenly and pointed to an empty spot on Schmoe's desk. "What happened to your girlfriend? Did she break up with you?" How relatable??????
Old 08-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #45 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:

Quote:
Was he winning? Against himself? Er. Finneas wasn't entirely sure if it was an actual question or just a rhetorical one that Dahlia had asked so, er, he simply chuckled awkwardly in response. No, wait. Maybe he'd answer. Just in case. He didn't want his students to think he was ignoring their questions, you know? If there was one thing Finneas strived to do, it was to encourage the inquisitive mind. "Er, not quite. I'm, er, just practicing." If he could pull off a wink, he would wink right now. But alas. Not everyone could be as effortlessly cool as Kamran. Schmoe sure wasn't.

He gave the two ravenclaws his full attention as they began to explain their real motive for the office visit and quickly smiled as they laid the details out in full. "That, er, that sounds like fun. Are professors invited to join?" Because Schmoe would most definitely come along if that were to be the case. But he also knew that sometimes he ought to let back and allow the students their own fun. So, er, he figured it was best to ask rather than to assume.

"Oh, er, I, er..." He stumbled on his words. Lisa had caught him off guard. "I would, er, no, no. Size has nothing to do with one's capacity." He wasn't one for underestimating either. Though, er, maybe it would be nice if the first years could learn his name. This was not the first instance this term.
The question had indeed been meant to be a rhetorical one but when Finneas actually answered it, Lia beamed brightly at him. "Well that's alright! Practice makes perfect, Sir and that's the only way to truly get better at something.. especially if it's something you enjoy." Like Jenga.

Lookit Lisa adding onto what she had just said effortlessly! Dahlia couldn't have been more excited when the younger Claw even went so far as she add in that the house elves were welcome to join in. Now that was a spectacular idea! Flashing her friend a huge grin, her attention quickly shifted back onto Schmoe when he asked them a question. "Absolutely! Everyone that wants to play is welcome to! We won't exclude anyone from the game. All we ask is that everyone who plays, plays fairly. No telling where anyone else is hiding unless it's absolutely necessary and no magic." That was it. No other rules to the game unless the professors or Headmaster told them they needed to add something.

Tea leaves? Huh? This confused the second year but she said nothing and simply nodded her head along with what Lisa had said. Mainly the part about being little.. because she herself was still rather on the smallish side for her age. What Schmoe didn't know was it was the fact that Lisa and herself were both smaller than most that gave them the idea for this game. Well that and the fact that hide and seek was epic!

"Do you have another set of Jenga blocks, professor? Or can we play with these ones?" She didn't want to ruin his practice game unless he said that it was okay. She DID want want to play a game of Jenga with him and Lisa though.

You are Bread!
Old 08-04-2021, 03:01 AM   #46 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Lisa nodded again. Not once, not twice, not thrice- but fourthice? Four times was a charm perhaps? She smiled. “Professors are most welcome to join. And Headmasters too! Healers…. Debatable.” Lisa tried to be very neutral with her facial expression and avoid the nose curl at the mention of Healer Poppy. However, Lisa wasn’t sure. She didn’t like how the Healer had kept the students out of the kitchen. Completely unnecessary to separate student from kitchen and force more bread at them. The Healer had seemed nice at the beginning of the term.. just a little too nice and smothering. “Games isnt the Healer’s thing right? Im not sure if she’d even want to go..” So why even bother with an invite?

Schmoe was correct. Size did have nothing to do with one’s capacity. “I agree. We’re all different…” And being different wasn't a weakness. It was a strength indeed. She offered the Professor a smile before looking to Lia when she mentioned if he had another set of Jenga. Why was she asking about another set? Why not just jump in and play?

Can we challenge you to a friendly game of Jenga, Professor Schmoe?” she asked and gave him the widest eyes. Eyes were as wide as saucers and a lot of eye batting. Pretty pleaaaaaaaaase!