sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1237 users online including...
hermionesclone , Stevendalo , Pavloshic , Marinaaoc , Danielduh , duerieple

7 members
1230 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-21-2021, 12:33 AM

Default Charms Lesson 1 - The Tattoo Charm

As you enter the Charms Classroom you'll find that the space is set up much like an art gallery. Various photos have been hung around the room, safe inside ornate frames. Cushioned benches made for comfortable seating are situated throughout the space as well. The only reminder that this is, in fact, Professor Peralta's room is her desk and the board directly behind it. You'll find directions waiting for you there, though the Charms instructor is no where in sight.

Quote:
Welcome

Please use this time before class officially starts to take a gallery walk. Study the photos, discuss the images found in them, and consider what the meaning behind them might be. You're welcome to talk with your classmates, though please do stay on task. Once you've set your things down on a bench, you may begin.

Well, what are you waiting for? There's no time like the present and Professor Peralta will be arriving soon. Best to get started.

OOC: Welcome to Charms, friends! We're jumping right in and though Neva is not yet in the classroom, your charries have their orders up on the board! As always, all SS and Classroom rules apply! Class has ENDED

Class Progression
Old 09-27-2021, 04:58 PM   #51 (permalink)

MO
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gideon Emerson
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten

x4
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

Kale was into this lesson. It was like an art class. But he wasn't the best drawer in the whole world, or even the smallest most remote parts of it. His aptitude for drawing began and ended at stick figures. And even they were wonky cousins of a rich man's stick figure.

STILL!!! Art was subjective. Maybe his cruddy drawings in some way were revolutionary. Or or. Maybe they were just bad. Either way, he was pumped.

And also, if it all went wrong, he had a very real tattoo on his ankle that maybe he could pass off as charm work. Then again. He hadn't exactly told his Dad about the ankle tattoo. Did Professors speak to each other? Gossip? Surely. Adults didn't have interesting enough lives to talk about themselves.

Kale grabbed a marker and started to draw on his wrist. He didn't have a plan. It was mostly squiggles. But they were his squiggles. Once he was satisfied with what looked like a wonky flower, he muttered the incantation under his breath.

Then, he drew his wand and started to trace design. No magic yet. Just practice.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Handwriting? He gave a small smile at that, showing his book which had a neatly scrawled Ravenclaw above the Korean characters. "it's decent. I did calligraphy for a bit for fun." Maya was better at it, but y'know. Words for a phoenix, hm? He paused to consider that, before listing off a few. "Rebirth, Rising, Resurrection. Out of Ash spawns beauty." Just a few ideas that came to mind right away for him, though he could probably think of more as well if she detested all of those. "Watercolor experimentation sounds nice."

As for now?? He pointed to his drawn Ravenclaw hangul. "I'm thinking that. For culture and... Where I am now. It's pretty basic, but I like Ravenclaw so I wouldn't mind trying something out as a reminder of that." He grabbed his black pen too, beginning to draw carefully on the inside of his left wrist. "I think I remember us talking about that. Wouldn't your autobiography name have something to do with phoenixes?' Though it was unlikely that he could be misremembering such a fact. Hearing the change to her tone, he glanced over - expression softening a bit as his voice lowered. "Are you alright?"

Ooooooh. Evan was THE BEST OK. "I like 'Out of Ash spawns beauty.' I am beautiful. Even my soul is alright." She grinned to herself as she added details to the phoenix. "Can you draw the words on my arm?" She was left handed and drawing on her left arm, so with her already bad handwriting... yeah. Pleeeease. "I can help you back if you want anything. It doesn't have to be about tattoos." She added some final touches. "ooh I like your idea. We're both getting tattoos that mean something. Course, if I just wanted a tattoo for how it looked, that would be alright too..." She lowered her voice and blushed a little. "Yeah, I want to call my memoir 'which came first: the phoenix or the flame?' because... I love phoenixes. As I'm sure you know. And it seems like it fits." She shrugged. It all might sound stupid, but Ash didn't care.

She blinked rapidly. Almost in tears? Who? Oh no, that wasn't her, haha... "I'll be alright." That was the meaning of phoenixes, get it? That was the meaning... "Tell me honestly, is it dumb that I love phoenixes so much?" She cared about his opinion. She didn't care if Mamie or Cambridge or anyone like that thought phoenixes were stupid. But her friends were different. If her friends thought phoenixes were stupid, she'd probably be crushed. "They're not dumb, right? They're special." Yes, phoenixes were special. Not dumb.

Special... some of the tears went away as Ash calmed down a bit.

Phoenixes would always be special, even if she was the only one who knew it.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:28 PM   #53 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Right. They were going to be designing and trying the tattoo charm…. She took note of the Professor’s instructions: incantation, wand movement, and more.

Corius was to be pronounce cor-i-us. She’d have to practice the incantation first. “Cor-i-us.” That seemed easy enough! Easier compared to other incantations so far. And now for the next step which was drawing her design. She took a piece of paper and then found herself staring at the blank sheet of paper. She had no idea what to draw. Her mind went blank.

But what should she tattoo on herself? Also should she work with someone? She glanced around and noted who had partnered up with who. She saw Daniel working by himself and almost went over to ask him to work together but stopped. If he wanted to work with her, he would have asked so opted to work by herself this time.

Her eyes widened and she decided that she’d write her favourite idol’s name as her tattoo in Hangul. Seondeok. The famous warrior Princess and Queen of Silla. She took her a black marker and wrote that on her left wrist. There!
Old 09-28-2021, 02:10 AM   #54 (permalink)

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Tattoos were very cool. Teddy had grown up idolizing Hassan Botros, who had lots and had kindly let him ogle them during training sessions. The seventh year saw the sentimental value of them as the most magnetizing aspect; if he were to get some of his own, he knew they'd be more than images or symbols that looked cool, though he respected art for what it was in its simplest forms. He knew sometimes people got names of loved ones tattooed on them, like "mum" or a significant other, and Teddy considered this briefly for this task. He loved his mum to bits, and it brought him great joy to imagine showing her a "mum" tattoo over a mirror call after class and pretending like it was permanent. She'd likely never buy it, but Teddy would go through with the ruse to see her smile and shake her head at him with unmistakable fondness. He loved getting her to react like that.

As he mused, Kale Trent caught his eye. He wondered briefly if Kale would scrawl Cecelia across his arm. He thought of Faye. He thought of Kale again. Instead of looking toward any of them again, Teddy crossed the room toward his sisters, assorted markers in hand as he addressed them both. "Sign here, please. First names only. Or nicknames, if you'd prefer. If you say no, I'll end up failing Charms." Never mind that he was an O-student. "Please?" He had pulled back his sleeve and offered his forearm.

In all truthfulness, if he had to pick something to permanently tattoo on himself right at that very moment, he'd choose something to represent his sisters anyway. Maybe it was set to be a test run.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:29 AM   #55 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

This was the best class ever! Kins was so very eager to get started on her tattoo, though she wouldn't be practicing the spell. It was kind of a bummer not to. Usually she didn't mind sitting out for the practical parts of classes, but a moving tattoo would be so much cooler than a stagnant one. But maybe.... Maybe she could secretly ask for Teddy or Fi's help. Maybe.

But she would be practicing the spell by herself later. The same way she had her first year, before Nem started helping her out. It was harder figuring it all out on her own without him. They were really starting to make progress together and what if he- No. She wasn't going to think about it. It'd make her too sad.

So instead, she walked over to grab some markers for herself and upon sitting back down, began drawing an intricate design right above her knee. It was only when she swapped markers for the second time that Teddy had walked over with his request. "You're giving us too much power, Teddy," she flashed him a cheeky smile before taking one of the markers from him (blue!) and leaning over to write on his forearm.

In her best handwriting, she wrote her name, 'KIZZY', and then just above it she added 'Property of' in tiny letters. Hehehe.

You are Lemon!
Old 09-28-2021, 02:40 AM   #56 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Ash
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Ooooooh. Evan was THE BEST OK. "I like 'Out of Ash spawns beauty.' I am beautiful. Even my soul is alright." She grinned to herself as she added details to the phoenix. "Can you draw the words on my arm?" She was left handed and drawing on her left arm, so with her already bad handwriting... yeah. Pleeeease. "I can help you back if you want anything. It doesn't have to be about tattoos." She added some final touches. "ooh I like your idea. We're both getting tattoos that mean something. Course, if I just wanted a tattoo for how it looked, that would be alright too..." She lowered her voice and blushed a little. "Yeah, I want to call my memoir 'which came first: the phoenix or the flame?' because... I love phoenixes. As I'm sure you know. And it seems like it fits." She shrugged. It all might sound stupid, but Ash didn't care.

She blinked rapidly. Almost in tears? Who? Oh no, that wasn't her, haha... "I'll be alright." That was the meaning of phoenixes, get it? That was the meaning... "Tell me honestly, is it dumb that I love phoenixes so much?" She cared about his opinion. She didn't care if Mamie or Cambridge or anyone like that thought phoenixes were stupid. But her friends were different. If her friends thought phoenixes were stupid, she'd probably be crushed. "They're not dumb, right? They're special." Yes, phoenixes were special. Not dumb.

Special... some of the tears went away as Ash calmed down a bit.

Phoenixes would always be special, even if she was the only one who knew it.

He had rather liked that saying as well, so he was glad too it had tickled her fancy. It certainly was fitting for her too - because her name, the fact she'd had to stand tall too after trauma and not to mention they'd all kind of risen out of ash rubble in the literal sense after the damages the school took in the war. "I think the soul is usually the best part of people." Sure, he was noticing outward attractiveness of people now but... personality was the best part. At the question of could he draw the words on her, he nodded his head in agreement. "Of course I can. Block letters or more of a scripted font?" He could do either fairly neatly for her. "Just help me letter with better drawn tattoos?" Because this was certainly a spell he was planning on using. A lot. Tattoos that meant something was really nice, but Evan didn't mind aesthetics either. Sometimes it was just nice to have something you liked to look at. "It's a good name. I like it. Much better too then the chicken or the egg." Because phoenixes were more symbolic and much cooler than chickens.

Which meant no, she wasn't fine. "I'm not great at advice but... I can be good at listening. If you ever need it." Just an offer. It's not like he couldn't be found in the common room too at anytime if she needed someone. They were friends, after all. Having chosen a rather small design, it thankfully didn't take very long to get it on his skin. And suddenly it was already time for him to be able to use the spell. Though he did momentarily pause at her question. "Why would you like phoenixes so much be dumb? Creatures in general are really cool. And the phoenix can symbolize so much. I think it's cool." He smiled encouragingly at her, before going back to his tattoo and tracing over it with the end of his wand. "Cor - i - us" he said, then feeling the slight warmth to his skin indicating it had worked. He rubbed at it a little bit after the sensation stopped, full on grinning now when it didn't come off.

He turned back towards Ash, marker in his hand to do her words too when she was ready so she could also cast the charm.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 09-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #57 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

After tracing out the main lines of her drawing, it was easy to see that the spell had to be repeated for there was no burning sensation. Well, she would just try again, wouldn’t she? “Corius,” Claudine said again. As usual, her tone was a commanding one and she tried to focus as much as she possibly could.

Regardless, the effort worked. There was that sensation that Peralta described. But it wasn’t a burning that Claudine expected. No, it was more of a pleasant one; the hands before the fire was a more accurate description. The girl examined the tat and had a feeling that it would last a while. Not that she really minded.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-29-2021, 03:57 AM   #58 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

He had rather liked that saying as well, so he was glad too it had tickled her fancy. It certainly was fitting for her too - because her name, the fact she'd had to stand tall too after trauma and not to mention they'd all kind of risen out of ash rubble in the literal sense after the damages the school took in the war. "I think the soul is usually the best part of people." Sure, he was noticing outward attractiveness of people now but... personality was the best part. At the question of could he draw the words on her, he nodded his head in agreement. "Of course I can. Block letters or more of a scripted font?" He could do either fairly neatly for her. "Just help me letter with better drawn tattoos?" Because this was certainly a spell he was planning on using. A lot. Tattoos that meant something was really nice, but Evan didn't mind aesthetics either. Sometimes it was just nice to have something you liked to look at. "It's a good name. I like it. Much better too then the chicken or the egg." Because phoenixes were more symbolic and much cooler than chickens.

Which meant no, she wasn't fine. "I'm not great at advice but... I can be good at listening. If you ever need it." Just an offer. It's not like he couldn't be found in the common room too at anytime if she needed someone. They were friends, after all. Having chosen a rather small design, it thankfully didn't take very long to get it on his skin. And suddenly it was already time for him to be able to use the spell. Though he did momentarily pause at her question. "Why would you like phoenixes so much be dumb? Creatures in general are really cool. And the phoenix can symbolize so much. I think it's cool." He smiled encouragingly at her, before going back to his tattoo and tracing over it with the end of his wand. "Cor - i - us" he said, then feeling the slight warmth to his skin indicating it had worked. He rubbed at it a little bit after the sensation stopped, full on grinning now when it didn't come off.

He turned back towards Ash, marker in his hand to do her words too when she was ready so she could also cast the charm.

Ash shrugged. “I hope that’s true for me.” She didn’t have a very nice personality... okay, she allowed herself to consider that those thoughts might just be insecurity talking. But still.

“I promise I’ll help you with whatever tattoos you want... Scripted font please.” She held out her left forearm for Evan to draw on. ”I don’t know, I sometimes get self conscious about being so obsessed with phoenixes,” she admitted quietly. ”I don’t want people to think I’m crazy or something. But I guess if they thought that, they wouldn’t understand phoenixes.” Phoenixes were resilient, and stuff. They were powerful and cool, and they didn’t care if humans thought they were lame. Ash would have liked to be a phoenix instead of a witch. But... she was a witch. So. It is what it is.

”We can talk about it later. Just not... here.” Ash would prefer to talk to Evan in private, without a thousand people eavesdropping and spreading information around. No thank you. She didn’t need or want that, and she doubted Even would either.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:12 AM   #59 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

"I think it is." He gave a small encouraging smile, before lifting his pen and focusing on finishing the words she'd requested in a scripted font. He wasn't sure how much time they had left so he didn't go too fancy, though they could certainly change it up once the charm for this one faded. Still, he didn't think it looked bad when he was done and he just hoped Ash liked it as well. "I think you're good to cast your charm." he was excited to see how well it would work for her too and her reaction. "I think anyone who is going to judge you on the things that bring you joy isn't worth consideration anyways."

Plus who didn't kike magical creatures??? Those were bit the type of people to associate with. When she said not here, he nodded in understanding. There were a lot of ears, plus they had a task on hand. Nearly completed, sure, but still on hand. "smart plan. Just let me know." for where and when if she did need to talk. Though he certainly understood too when people just preferred to... Not.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 09-29-2021, 09:19 PM   #60 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Been here all along (really!)

Tattoos! Violet still remembered (and not fondly) her last, and only, experience with a tattoo. Almost immediately after agreeing to get a temporary tattoo at that party in Diagon Alley the other summer she'd regretted it, and then it seemed to take forever for the thing to go away.

Plus, she really couldn't draw. She looked around to see if there were any likely artists she could snag as a partner, but everyone seemed to be all paired up and going at it already. Sighing, she thought a minute, and then decided to go with the 'less is more' philosophy, and drew a large 'V' on her left forearm. 'V' is for 'Violet.' Not very original, but it was something she could probably manage to draw reasonably accurately. Which she did, using a purple pen. She was not really a purple person, but---Violet, purple, it fit.

Feeling encouraged by her success in this, she got a little carried away and tried to add the outline of a quill pen in black, stabbing through the 'V' at an angle. This worked, more or less, but came off a bit lopsided. Still, it did look unmistakeably like a quill, which was for her writing.

Now for the spell: "Corius!" she commanded with unexpected loudness as she pointed her wand at her arm. Almost immediately she felt a hot, stinging sensation in the area on her forearm where she'd drawn the picture. Looking at it, it did indeed look like a tattoo now and not just a drawing. Rubbing at the edge of it, Violet saw that it did not come off, not even a little. She sighed again, feeling glad that it had worked, but also dismayed to think that she once again had a tattoo she didn't really want stuck on her arm for who knew how long.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:11 AM   #61 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Catching up
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: Question 2 catchup
Heath glanced up at the board, hastily copying down the list written there. He didn’t know why. He doubted facts about tattoos would appear on the Charms NEWT. In fact, he wasn’t sure how that related to charms at all, unless… Were they learning how to create magical tattoos today? He wasn’t sure what to make of that possibility. On the one hand, it would be interesting to know how that worked from a theoretical standpoint. On the other, he wasn’t sure he’d want a tattoo, especially if he had to do it himself. Knowing him, he’d probably mess it up somehow!

He blinked, jerked out of his thoughts as Professor Peralta asked another question… a question that just happened to fall in line with his train of thought. He pondered both sides of the issue. He supposed a tattoo could be cool if it was something deep and meaningful, but then again, people change. What was meaningful to him now might not hold the same meaning years down the road. Then there was the problem of trying to get a job with a tattoo. Some places wouldn’t hire people with tattoos, and others demanded their employees cover any tattoos. But that sounded similar to Kinsay’s answer, and Professor Peralta said to try not to repeat. What else could he say? In the end, he took his answer in a more scientific direction. “One reason not to get a tattoo is because our skin changes over time,” he said after raising his hand. “Things like aging, weight gain or loss, even sun exposure can cause a tattoo to distort.”

Oh, so he was right. They were doing magical tattoos! Well, temporary ones anyway, but that was even better. At least if he messed up, the tattoo wouldn’t last long enough to cause any problems. Heath listened to the directions, hanging on to Peralta’s every word. If he was going to do this, he was going to treat it as if it were a real tattoo and do it right. So what should his tattoo be? Not one to draw attention to himself unnecessarily, he wanted a subtle design. Preferably something easy to draw, as he didn’t trust his art skills and hated to rely on someone else to do the drawing for him. Most of all, it had to be something that represented who he was, like the drama masks or the Jedi symbol or…

Then an even better idea occurred to him! He envisioned a green and silver snake forming the shape of a heart, representing the one part of himself he knew would never change. Ooh, he liked that! And the detailing of the snake’s scales could form a date. Yeah, that was good. Now he needed some markers. Rising from his seat, he went to the front and retrieved some wipes and markers. Let’s see, he needed black for the outline, green for the snake, silver for the detailing, and… Did he want to fill in the heart? He briefly considered coloring the heart midnight blue, his favorite color, but he thought that might be a bit much. He decided to leave the heart open.

Heath returned to his seat, markers in hand, and set them down on the desk. He rolled up his left sleeve and propped his arm on the edge of the desk. Picking up the back marker, he carefully drew the outline of a heart, and from there he built the snake: its tail, then its body, and finally ending with its head at the bottom of the heart. He selected the silver marker next and used it to fill in the snake’s eyes and fangs and to add detail to its scales. Hidden among the silver scales he wrote in his neatest handwriting 24.12.01… the date he fell in love. Once he was finished, he picked up the green marker and colored in the rest of the snake.

Heath examined his completed drawing. It wasn’t a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he could tell it was a snake and make out the heart shape. Reasonably satisfied with his work, he turned his attention to the spell, starting with the incantation. “Cor-i-us,” he practiced under his breath. “Corius, corius…” There, that incantation wasn’t too difficult. He picked up his wand, aiming at the drawing on his arm. “Corius,” he said firmly and confidently, carefully tracing the linework of the snake. Did that work?

He waited, slightly dreading the burning sensation that Professor Peralta talked about, but he didn’t feel anything. At first he worried that his spell hadn’t worked, but then he felt a slight warmness in his arm. Was that all there was to it? This was nothing! Once the warmth subsided, he tested the spell by gently rubbing at a spot on the snake’s tail. When the ink didn’t smudge, he knew his spell was successful. Should he show Claudine his new tattoo? His eyes momentarily flicked toward the girlfriend, watching her work. “Nice tattoo,” he said quietly.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 09-30-2021, 01:35 AM   #62 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Note. Notes. And a whole lot of notes. Dahlia never minded note taking but sometimes, it made her fingers cramp up, like now. Occasionally a few moments break was needed so that she could flex her fingers and send a very quick but sweet smile to the boy sat beside her. Yup, that would be Tadhg. Seeing him taking down notes the way she was always made her smile, it meant that if she had possibly missed anything.. hopefully he hadn't and vice versa.

The more Peralta talked, the more notes she wrote down. Well at least until the professor explained what they would be working on today. Creating their own temporary tattoos. Ones that would remain on their skin until the charms power faded away.

Whoa. WHOA!!! OMG!!!

How epic was that?!

The quill she had been writing with literally fell from her fingers, blue eyes going wide and a bright smile forming on her lips. This was going to be sooooo much fun! Already lost in her own thoughts of what she was going to draw, a certain someones voice snapped her quickly back to where she needed to be. A soft pink tint staining her cheeks as she mirrored the grin on Tadhg's face. "You know it. Do you have anything in mind yet?" She had a few ideas but nothing solid.

Getting up she moved her chair over beside his and brought along her quill and parchment too in case she needed to write anything else down. "Lets go get some markers and see what we can come up with." Maybe taking a look at all the different colors will help spark an idea. Heading up towards the professors desk and having a look at all the markers made of her think of a question. "Professor, we have to trace every single line or little mark drawn.. correct? Or just the base lines will do?" Cause she wasn't the best at drawing and well she didn't want to over complicate things either.

Tadhg always took notes no matter how big or small the lesson was, he always wanted to be prepared no matter what and this was one of the best ways he knew. Okay... maybe he was a bit of a nerd, but he wanted to work hard for his grades. He knew Charms was a important class if he wanted to be a Auror or so but he wasn't sure what he wanted to do. Although it wasn't too early to start thinking about his marks.

Hearing what they were done he grinned, a temporary tattoo how cool was that? Maybe him and Lia can do it more after class just for fun? He knew he wanted a tattoo later on when he gets older, he had quite a bit of ideas what he wanted as well. Although a temporary one would be cool as well, but he wondered how his parents would react when he tells them in the next letter.

Looking at Lia he bit his lip. "What about something matching or a Tiger and flower?" He thought something symbolic would be nice but also matching. "I think the name tattoo is stupid unless you're married to them." He seen so many people get their boyfriends or fiance name on them and it didn't work out. He knew it wasn't going to him and Lia but he seen it and just voicing his opinion.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:38 AM   #63 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default That’s all, folks! <3 Thanks for coming!
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

It was nice seeing the kids getting into the practical portion of the lesson and while not all of them were destined to be artists, the effort alone was beautiful to her. Professor P walked around and observed their work, noting the pairs and the discussions going on within them. From roses to ballet shoes, the designs seemed to have some thought behind them, and that’s another thing Neva hoped they’d get out of all this. That the intention behind a design was important. Intention was always important. Certainly it was when it came to casting spells.

”That’s time, everyone,” Neva announced after glancing at her watch. ”I hope you enjoyed the lesson topic as much as I did and I hope you’ll utilize the charms cabana to practice this spell. I’ll keep the markers in there for anyone interested in doing so. Speaking of, please do put the caps back on all the markers before returning them.” She moved to her desk, leaning against it. ”See you all next lesson where we’ll continue to explore art using charms.”

OOC: Thanks for coming to Charms! I’ll leave this thread open until the morning in case you want to RP your charrie packing up/leaving!