sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1032 users online including...
Julikmc

3 members
1029 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2021, 12:48 AM

Default Office of Peggy Laplace

When you step into the department head’s office, you’re greeted by the cozy smell of coffee and spices. The bright and airy decor is inviting, and you will likely find Peggy either at her adjustable-height desk or in one of the chairs near the fireplace.

If you’re feeling inquisitive, you’ll notice a coffee set on the mantle--that must be where the scent is coming from--and a chess set positioned between two chairs near the fireplace. The pictures scattered around the office showcase teams in bright pink or yellow Quidditch robes and Peggy’s adult children. A few chess trophies are nestled in among the books and pictures on the shelves.

Please knock even if the door is already open.

Old 03-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

This meeting with the new Head of the Games and Sports department was very last minute. Last minute on his part he wanted answers asap on some of the new restrictions that had suddenly been implemented to the League and it's teams. His Employees and his Athletes with the Wigtown Wanderers came rushing to him for help when many realized they would loose precious time on the Pitch, or at their facility. No doubt she would be expecting more visits and/or demands from the other Quidditch Owners very soon.

So he gave a quick knock on her open door to announce his presence but was quickly taken aback by the decor in her space. it was absolutely splendid and Warfield Rockefeller just had to take it all in. He brushed his fingers through his dark but graying hair and adjusted his glasses on his face. He enjoyed the scent of the coffee in her office. It was pleasant way to wake you up without actually taking in any caffeine. And the fine china that the smell was coming from!? How Unique. He moved into her office to take a closer look at this set and was shocked by the chess set placed in the center of her office. He took a seat at one end of this set-up and started lifting the pieces up to inspect them much more closely. What a beautiful office she had here.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

She'd been head-down, sorting through memos and mail (no Howlers today, thank Merlin) and while she'd heard the knock on her door, she certainly forgot she had left the door open and did not look up immediately. Whoever it was could wait until she had this all sorted in priority order.

When she finally had that sorted and looked up, she saw the doorway was empty and a man was sitting at her chess set. When had that happened!? She cleared her throat, confused until she remembered she had an appointment, hadn't she. With...she glanced down. With her newly ordered memos, the the first on her stack conveniently referenced this meeting. With Mr. Warfield Rockefeller, the owner of the...the Wigtown Wanderers.

She grabbed a clipboard, said memo, and a quill, and went to join Mr. Rockefeller by the chess setup. "This set was a gift for my Hogwarts graduation," she said, in a way that implied it was not her only chess set, when she noticed him examining it. It was a nice set, one of her favorites, and since it was a wizard chess set, the details on the wooden pieces weren't even worn from how many times the game had been played, unlike the very similar Muggle set she had at home.

"What can I do for you today, Mr. Rockefeller?" she asked, still standing next to the chess set. He had not been very specific in his request for an appointment.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Ah she was in the room after all! Warfield was so entranced by the décor in her office and the chess set that he hadn't seen that she was sitting at her desk. He made a move to stand and go over to her desk but the young lady was faster on her feet than he was. So he just made it look like he was getting up to readjust himself.

He lifted one of the pieces. The Queen into his hand and inspected it. A bit shocked when he saw the piece shift slightly in his palm and he placed it back down. "It's a splendid set." He said truthfully, the craftsmanship of it's board and it's pieces were wonderfully done. But he was not a fan of Wizards Chess. It was barbaric.

The Elderly man crosses his leg over the other and rested his hand in his lap. Suppose sometime you must just right down to business. She must be very busy now-a-days. How many other Owners from the Quidditch and Gobstones league does she have to see. Poor girl. This new work environment must be awful. "Ms. Peggy I think it goes without question why I scheduled to see you today. I have many of my own employees with the Wanderers who are devastated by the changes that your department has implemented."

He's yet to make any promises to them, only saying that he would make time to go to the Ministry and seek answers that would benefit them.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Wizard's chess was certainly less barbaric than whatever it was the Neo-Alliance was doing. And certainly less barbaric than how some people, wizards or Muggles, treated each other. Still, she was pleased with his compliment. She tried to take good care of all her chess sets.

She nodded as Rockefeller explained why he had come, mildly bothered by his familiarity but deciding he was probably under just as much stress as herself. She held her expression constant, trying not to betray how much sympathy she felt for the man and his employees. She knew plenty of scouts and managers who had been affected by the new ministry policies, and felt entirely helpless.

"I understand," she said simply. "The department changes reflect the greater Ministry policy... I'm sure you noticed the new decor on your way down." Surely he understood that she understood that sport should be based on talent, not prejudice, but also that she could not say that? Or could she? Peggy drew her wand and flicked it, so that the door swung slowly closed with a gentle thwap.

That would prevent any eavesdroppers, at least. Maybe she could try being a little more sympathtic.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Warfield turned his head to watch the door shut in her office effectively allowing for more privacy in their conversation. There was a bit of concern that she had also now trapped him but it was only a slight fear. Warfield preferred to see the best in everyone. Peggy's tone of voice did not lesson those fears. She sounded almost as dejected, robotic in her speech.

"Yes, and I must say it is rather concerning." Warfield said as he turned his head to the shut door then back to Peggy to see her reaction to his statement. If he had to hear the word greater one more time it might very well push Warfield Rockefeller to a low he's never gone down to before. "Ms. Peggy you don't truly believe all this do you?" He had plans to groom his adopted son Simon to some day take full control of the team ownership. If this new Ministry and Game and Sports within it would forbid it because of his Son's heritage then there would be a real problem.

"I suppose I could in the meantime compensate partially through my own funds for the Scouts and Managers. Truly hope the sport doesn't suffer with the lack of talent the new policy is now restricting." He wasn't even sure what heritage most of the athletes were himself. He had no idea it mattered so much in Quidditch until recently.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Moose View Post
Warfield turned his head to watch the door shut in her office effectively allowing for more privacy in their conversation. There was a bit of concern that she had also now trapped him but it was only a slight fear. Warfield preferred to see the best in everyone. Peggy's tone of voice did not lesson those fears. She sounded almost as dejected, robotic in her speech.

"Yes, and I must say it is rather concerning." Warfield said as he turned his head to the shut door then back to Peggy to see her reaction to his statement. If he had to hear the word greater one more time it might very well push Warfield Rockefeller to a low he's never gone down to before. "Ms. Peggy you don't truly believe all this do you?" He had plans to groom his adopted son Simon to some day take full control of the team ownership. If this new Ministry and Game and Sports within it would forbid it because of his Son's heritage then there would be a real problem.

"I suppose I could in the meantime compensate partially through my own funds for the Scouts and Managers. Truly hope the sport doesn't suffer with the lack of talent the new policy is now restricting." He wasn't even sure what heritage most of the athletes were himself. He had no idea it mattered so much in Quidditch until recently.
Even with the door closed, Rockefeller was being far too frank for Peggy's comfort. It was unusual, as she tended to prefer brutal honesty to dancing around a subject, and here she was the one dancing. She frowned as the man seemingly asked her to either express enthusiastic agreement with the anti-Muggle rhetoric, or admit her disagreement with her boss and colleagues. She shook her head slowly, that much seemed safe with the door closed.

As he went on about compensating his employees, presumably the Muggleborn players, her eyes drifted to the man's visitor badge and her frown turned to a look of concern. "Mr. Rockefeller, I encourage you to cooperate with the new policies," she said firmly. "Quidditch has been through turbulent times before. Perhaps the changes in playing time will give some of your players a well-needed rest, and give others the opportunity to shine." She paused before adding, "There's usually something to be learned from any situation, maybe your team will find an exciting new strategy to employ."

Like him, she hoped the league wouldn't suffer from the political interference. Luckily it wasn't only their own league with such changes, though, so she doubted they would lose too many excellent Muggleborn players to the French Quidditch league or elsewhere. Perhaps a few early retirements.

"Was there anything else?" she asked, wondering if he had just come to complain or if he had any issues she could actually resolve.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
Default ^___^
books and cleverness | i like you a latte

Having no means of communication with the outside world for an entire school year meant that Camilo Aguilar had been unable to congratulate his old friend Peggy on her promotion to department head. One early evening in September, after he finished getting a Floo connection approved on Level 6, he decided to take the lift down to Level 7 and pay her a surprise visit. He could see many employees leaving the office after the day's work, so he hoped he was not intruding at a bad time.

Standing before the door, he smiled at the memory of students visiting him in his office the previous year. Ah, Hogwarts. Bittersweet memories indeed! He was worried if he would be an unwelcome visitor (he had not made an appointment, after all), but he was also very much looking forward to seeing Peggy again, even if for a short period of time. Camilo knocked on the door and waited for a response.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
Having no means of communication with the outside world for an entire school year meant that Camilo Aguilar had been unable to congratulate his old friend Peggy on her promotion to department head. One early evening in September, after he finished getting a Floo connection approved on Level 6, he decided to take the lift down to Level 7 and pay her a surprise visit. He could see many employees leaving the office after the day's work, so he hoped he was not intruding at a bad time.

Standing before the door, he smiled at the memory of students visiting him in his office the previous year. Ah, Hogwarts. Bittersweet memories indeed! He was worried if he would be an unwelcome visitor (he had not made an appointment, after all), but he was also very much looking forward to seeing Peggy again, even if for a short period of time. Camilo knocked on the door and waited for a response.
She had set her coffee a-brewing, settling in for an evening of paperwork, when there was a knock at the door. Peggy made a quick detour to check the planner on her desk (no appointments!), before loosening her wand in its holster and heading for the door. She wasn't paranoid, per se, but after everything that had happened earlier in the year, she was being cautious. There was no harm in making sure it'd be easy to draw her wand should she need it. She opened the door.

"Camilo?"

She stared blankly at her old friend. With the hubbub of Neo-Alliance-related summer sports problems, she hadn't seen him at the U14 league as they normally would have when they both coached. And she was not expecting him in the ministry. After an awkward moment of her brain trying to catch up, she smiled and stepped back from the door to make room.

"Please, come in!" she said. "It's so good to see you."
Old 05-09-2021, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
She had set her coffee a-brewing, settling in for an evening of paperwork, when there was a knock at the door. Peggy made a quick detour to check the planner on her desk (no appointments!), before loosening her wand in its holster and heading for the door. She wasn't paranoid, per se, but after everything that had happened earlier in the year, she was being cautious. There was no harm in making sure it'd be easy to draw her wand should she need it. She opened the door.

"Camilo?"

She stared blankly at her old friend. With the hubbub of Neo-Alliance-related summer sports problems, she hadn't seen him at the U14 league as they normally would have when they both coached. And she was not expecting him in the ministry. After an awkward moment of her brain trying to catch up, she smiled and stepped back from the door to make room.

"Please, come in!" she said. "It's so good to see you."
It was a shock to hear that he was no longer eligible to coach U14 Quidditch, but he was not extremely disappointed when his application was rejected. Camilo was used to mistreatment based on his heritage by that point - he was hopeful that these would slowly disappear now that the Neo-Alliance was down - and he had a lot of other things to keep him busy in the summer. So no hard feelings toward DMGS. He knew better than anyone how terrible it felt to comply with the alliance's wishes.

Camilo smiled brightly when the door opened and Peggy invited him in after a moment's pause. "It's good to see you too, Peggy," he said warmly. The Argentine man walked into the office, taking in the scent of coffee, as well as the sight of paperwork on the desk. "Is this a bad time? I thought I'd visit you while I was in the ministry for business in another department, but I'll leave if you are busy with work!"
Old 05-11-2021, 12:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
It was a shock to hear that he was no longer eligible to coach U14 Quidditch, but he was not extremely disappointed when his application was rejected. Camilo was used to mistreatment based on his heritage by that point - he was hopeful that these would slowly disappear now that the Neo-Alliance was down - and he had a lot of other things to keep him busy in the summer. So no hard feelings toward DMGS. He knew better than anyone how terrible it felt to comply with the alliance's wishes.

Camilo smiled brightly when the door opened and Peggy invited him in after a moment's pause. "It's good to see you too, Peggy," he said warmly. The Argentine man walked into the office, taking in the scent of coffee, as well as the sight of paperwork on the desk. "Is this a bad time? I thought I'd visit you while I was in the ministry for business in another department, but I'll leave if you are busy with work!"
While she was absolutely thrown by Camilo's unexpected appearance, Peggy was by no means willing to let the man go without a cup of coffee. She shook her head as she let go of the door, leaving it propped open slightly out of habit. "No, this is a fine time," she insisted. "It's just a surprise!"

She gestured toward the two chairs by the chess set. "Have a seat. Would you like some coffee? It's fresh." As in, probably needing to rest another moment before she poured a cup or two. The paperwork could certainly wait, it wasn't urgent. And unless someone had charmed it during her lunch break, it wasn't going anywhere. She poured the first cup of coffee.

"What brought you today?" She was curious, as it wasn't common for former Hogwarts professors to just...stop by. And while the volunteer coaches came by periodically, it wasn't usually in September or October. April, more likely.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass

Quote:
While she was absolutely thrown by Camilo's unexpected appearance, Peggy was by no means willing to let the man go without a cup of coffee. She shook her head as she let go of the door, leaving it propped open slightly out of habit. "No, this is a fine time," she insisted. "It's just a surprise!"

She gestured toward the two chairs by the chess set. "Have a seat. Would you like some coffee? It's fresh." As in, probably needing to rest another moment before she poured a cup or two. The paperwork could certainly wait, it wasn't urgent. And unless someone had charmed it during her lunch break, it wasn't going anywhere. She poured the first cup of coffee.

"What brought you today?" She was curious, as it wasn't common for former Hogwarts professors to just...stop by. And while the volunteer coaches came by periodically, it wasn't usually in September or October. April, more likely.

Alright then! Camilo chuckled - he had wanted this visit to be a surprise, though it was a spontaneous decision because his previous appointment ended earlier than he expected, and therefore a surprise for himself too.

Sitting in one of the chairs by the chess set, he nodded at the offer of coffee. It was not his drink of choice, but the aroma in the office was really quite pleasant, so he could not resist. "Yes, please. Is that the driving force behind a department head's leadership? Coffee?" he joked. "Belated congratulations by the way, Peggy. I'm tremendously proud of you!"

He looked around the office some more while Peggy prepared the coffee, and turned his attention back to her at the question. "Got a Floo connection approved on Level 6. I recently moved to London from Caerphilly, you see," he explained. His business in the Ministry today had nothing to do with work or coaching. Or was it related to work? After all, one of the reasons he left his old home for London was because of his new job.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Alright then! Camilo chuckled - he had wanted this visit to be a surprise, though it was a spontaneous decision because his previous appointment ended earlier than he expected, and therefore a surprise for himself too.

Sitting in one of the chairs by the chess set, he nodded at the offer of coffee. It was not his drink of choice, but the aroma in the office was really quite pleasant, so he could not resist. "Yes, please. Is that the driving force behind a department head's leadership? Coffee?" he joked. "Belated congratulations by the way, Peggy. I'm tremendously proud of you!"

He looked around the office some more while Peggy prepared the coffee, and turned his attention back to her at the question. "Got a Floo connection approved on Level 6. I recently moved to London from Caerphilly, you see," he explained. His business in the Ministry today had nothing to do with work or coaching. Or was it related to work? After all, one of the reasons he left his old home for London was because of his new job.
She poured a second cup of coffee and handed it to him before sitting herself. She really didn't sit as much as she'd like to, as her desk was usually in the standing configuration. It was lucky she was still young.

"You'd be surprised what you can get done with the promise of coffee and pastries," she said with a chuckle. Not that she brought her team coffee and pastries too frequently, but every once in a while. To soften a harsh blow or provide extra encouragement, or if she noticed they'd been working particularly hard.

She did usually have pastries in her own office, though. Just not today.

"London? That's quite a change from Caerphilly," she said, momentarily confused. She'd heard he hadn't returned to Hogwarts as flying instructor, but the relocation was surprising. She wondered if the move had anything to do with that. Or with whatever had happened at Hogwarts before the battle. Or during the battle. Or, frankly, after the battle. "Are you-- is everything alright?"
Old 03-22-2022, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Nathaniel tugged on his right sleeve as he walked closer toward Peggy's office. It seemed wild that she had scheduled the meeting. Okay it shouldn't have been that wild, and honestly it wasn't he was just glad that his directors were seeing his hard work. Rolling the sleeve up that he had tugged just a second ago. He was a bit warm, but when wasn't that the case after walking all around the office.

Stopping outside of Peggy's office he gave a quick knock. He took a deep breath and tucked a stray hair back into place before looking back at the door. He could 100% talk about why he deserved more responsibility in the department and he was happy to be there.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

With the tragic death of one of the three division managers, Milo Jordan, shortly after she began her own tenure as department head, Peggy had been scrambling the past few years to get to know all the employees, especially those who'd been with the department for many years. Should another of her division managers die--or, more likely, retire, she wanted to have an idea of who could replace them.

And, so it happened, the trusty recreational sports manager, Nick, was retiring soon. So she'd be needing to replace him. Which was why she'd invited Nathaniel to meet with her, and why she was--for once--actually prepared for the meeting. Her desk was in the sitting position, with a chair moved from its spot near the fireplace to sit across from her desk. "Come in!" she called, at his knock. This would be good, she hoped.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

Nate smiled as he opened the door to the office.Glancing around the office he smiled, "Door open or closed?" He always liked to ask rather than assume about his co-workers. Stepping further into the office he left his hand on the handle for a second as he smiled. This was just another conversation, nothing too serious. He hated seeing the losses in the office but he knew it was inevitable but they would prevail. He looked over at the chair across the desk from Peggy assuming that was where he would be sitting.
Old 04-08-2022, 02:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Nate smiled as he opened the door to the office.Glancing around the office he smiled, "Door open or closed?" He always liked to ask rather than assume about his co-workers. Stepping further into the office he left his hand on the handle for a second as he smiled. This was just another conversation, nothing too serious. He hated seeing the losses in the office but he knew it was inevitable but they would prevail. He looked over at the chair across the desk from Peggy assuming that was where he would be sitting.
Ah, yes, good. It was actually Nathaniel who opened the door, and not someone else randomly needing her help when she was busy. "Good afternoon, Nathaniel," she said pleasantly, shuffling her papers and quill about until they were arranged properly on her desk. "Closed, probably, if you don't mind." She hesitated, then nodded, as if to confirm her choice of door position.

Waiting for him to close the door behind him, she gestured at the chair so he wouldn't need to assume where to sit. "Please, take a seat. Can I get you...coffee?" She always had a fresh pot. She wasn't sure if it was normal to offer coffee at an interview but, well, this wasn't anything too formal. And she was so used to offering coffee at all her meetings.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

Quote:
Ah, yes, good. It was actually Nathaniel who opened the door, and not someone else randomly needing her help when she was busy. "Good afternoon, Nathaniel," she said pleasantly, shuffling her papers and quill about until they were arranged properly on her desk. "Closed, probably, if you don't mind." She hesitated, then nodded, as if to confirm her choice of door position.

Waiting for him to close the door behind him, she gestured at the chair so he wouldn't need to assume where to sit. "Please, take a seat. Can I get you...coffee?" She always had a fresh pot. She wasn't sure if it was normal to offer coffee at an interview but, well, this wasn't anything too formal. And she was so used to offering coffee at all her meetings.
Nathaniel smiled, "Of course." With a light push he closed the door behind him taking a seat across the desk. He could smell the coffee but he himself had just had a cup from a shop a few blocks away. "No thank you. Had a cup a bit ago from a local shop. Trying to keep it to one cup/coffee a day." It was all that getting older that no one had prepared him for the coffee kept him up more than it used to. That was neither here nor there and he was ready to tell her all about his vision for this department.
Old 04-10-2022, 11:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Nathaniel smiled, "Of course." With a light push he closed the door behind him taking a seat across the desk. He could smell the coffee but he himself had just had a cup from a shop a few blocks away. "No thank you. Had a cup a bit ago from a local shop. Trying to keep it to one cup/coffee a day." It was all that getting older that no one had prepared him for the coffee kept him up more than it used to. That was neither here nor there and he was ready to tell her all about his vision for this department.
One cup of coffee a day. Peggy didn't think she could do that. She enjoyed her coffee too much--the smell, the effort to brew a cup, the comfort of holding a warm mug. But if Nathaniel wasn't interested, she'd not force him to have any more coffee. "Very well," she said with a polite smile. "I suppose we can get straight to business then."

She dipped her quill into its inkpot and dated a fresh piece piece of parchment. Focusing on the parchment rather than making eye contact, she explained, "You've been doing Quidditch PR for...ten years now, is that right? I saw you have some background in Muggle sport...what drew you to Quiditch?"