sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1157 users online including...
IrinaPaive , Austintq , KeithZinue

4 members
1153 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2021, 08:42 PM

Default Office of Professor Peralta

Professor Peralta's office is quite like her, full of personality. Comfortable seating, colorful accents, and eclectic art pieces create a cool and creative space for the Charms professor to spend time in. A candid magical picture of her family sits on her desk, a reminder of home and a reason to smile on more stressful days. Her sphynx, Isadora, can be found curled up on her favorite fleece throw or crouched on the couch, looking aloof.

Office hours are listed just to the right of the office door. If you need to speak with Professor P, please don't forget to knock. She'll invite you in when she's ready for you.

OOC: Please just have your charrie knock and we'll be with you shortly!

Old 05-18-2021, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Margaret didn't like to make a habit of visiting her professors (what if they gave her more homework?!) but she liked Professor Peralta, and she liked charms, so she decided to pay her a visit. Charms and Flying were probably the only two classes where she wouldn't be upset about more homework. As long as it was something practical.

She knocked on the door, then put her hands in her pockets, fidgeting with her wand while she waited.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Margaret didn't like to make a habit of visiting her professors (what if they gave her more homework?!) but she liked Professor Peralta, and she liked charms, so she decided to pay her a visit. Charms and Flying were probably the only two classes where she wouldn't be upset about more homework. As long as it was something practical.

She knocked on the door, then put her hands in her pockets, fidgeting with her wand while she waited.
Neva was perched on her desk, munching on carrot and celery sticks in an effort to counteract the crazy amount of carbs she'd been eating lately. That poppy woman and her mouth watering bread would not be the cause of this Professor packing on the pounds this term. Nope. Actually, she should probably be munching in motion and so she was happy when she heard a knock on her door. Jumping up, and angering a very comfortable Isadora as she did, she went to go get it.

"Hello Miss Turov." Neva offered the third year a smile. "Please come in." She could even have a celery stick if she wanted.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Neva was perched on her desk, munching on carrot and celery sticks in an effort to counteract the crazy amount of carbs she'd been eating lately. That poppy woman and her mouth watering bread would not be the cause of this Professor packing on the pounds this term. Nope. Actually, she should probably be munching in motion and so she was happy when she heard a knock on her door. Jumping up, and angering a very comfortable Isadora as she did, she went to go get it.

"Hello Miss Turov." Neva offered the third year a smile. "Please come in." She could even have a celery stick if she wanted.
Oh, wow! She didn't even have to wait! Margaret beamed at Professor Peralta when she opened the door. "Hi, Professor," she said, stepping inside. Was Peralta chewing? She tried not to stare, maybe she'd accidentally interrupted the woman's Very Important Snacktime or something. Mamie wasn't about to begrudge anyone their snacktime.

Was that a cat? She squinted at it, very confused. Didn't most cats have fur? "What's your cat's name?" she asked. The most important question, though not the one she'd come to ask.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Oh, wow! She didn't even have to wait! Margaret beamed at Professor Peralta when she opened the door. "Hi, Professor," she said, stepping inside. Was Peralta chewing? She tried not to stare, maybe she'd accidentally interrupted the woman's Very Important Snacktime or something. Mamie wasn't about to begrudge anyone their snacktime.

Was that a cat? She squinted at it, very confused. Didn't most cats have fur? "What's your cat's name?" she asked. The most important question, though not the one she'd come to ask.
Neva moved her munching right on over to her comfy arm chair and took a seat, watching her cat regard Miss Turov with mild interest. "Her name is Isadora. She can be a bit prickly, so best to let her come to you." If she was a cat person, that is.

"Can I help you with something?" Not that she minded students just stopping by for no reason. It just hadn't happened yet. And she'd be a little surprised when it actually did.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Neva moved her munching right on over to her comfy arm chair and took a seat, watching her cat regard Miss Turov with mild interest. "Her name is Isadora. She can be a bit prickly, so best to let her come to you." If she was a cat person, that is.

"Can I help you with something?" Not that she minded students just stopping by for no reason. It just hadn't happened yet. And she'd be a little surprised when it actually did.
"Isadora? That's a nice name," she commented, not trying to pet it or anything. She thought cats were...interesting. She preferred her owl, though. He was more prediictable.

As for her reason for coming... "Oh, yes, please, professor, I, er, I'm growing a lot--" taller, that was-- "and my ba, er, my grandmother taught me how to rehem things to make them longer, but I was wondering, is there a magical way to do that?? Or to charm my uniform so it grows too??" And if there wasn't...why wasn't there? That seemed like the number one most practical thing magic could be used for, aside from cooking, and cleaning, and travel, and healing, okay, not the number one most practical thing.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7

Quote:
"Isadora? That's a nice name," she commented, not trying to pet it or anything. She thought cats were...interesting. She preferred her owl, though. He was more prediictable.

As for her reason for coming... "Oh, yes, please, professor, I, er, I'm growing a lot--" taller, that was-- "and my ba, er, my grandmother taught me how to rehem things to make them longer, but I was wondering, is there a magical way to do that?? Or to charm my uniform so it grows too??" And if there wasn't...why wasn't there? That seemed like the number one most practical thing magic could be used for, aside from cooking, and cleaning, and travel, and healing, okay, not the number one most practical thing.
"I've always thought so," Neva agreed, eyeing the cat with an amused expression. It was as if she recognized the compliment, the feline moving towards the girl's legs and rubbing up against them.

Ah, growth spurt problems. Neva remembered those days. "There are ways to elongate fabric, yes. The trouble is you might not get the exact length you desire on the first or even fifth try. That's why witches and and wizards tend to update their robes each year, or get them professional altered." But she was welcome to try it, if she wanted. "If you'd like to try it, the incantation is elongatis and the wand movement is a simple tap on the item you're trying to lengthen."
Old 06-19-2021, 02:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Pax was getting along fine on her own, but at the same time... well, maybe a little guidance to perfect her protective spellwork would be a good idea. She knocked on Peralta's office door and waited, hoping her timing was good.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 06-20-2021, 03:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"I've always thought so," Neva agreed, eyeing the cat with an amused expression. It was as if she recognized the compliment, the feline moving towards the girl's legs and rubbing up against them.

Ah, growth spurt problems. Neva remembered those days. "There are ways to elongate fabric, yes. The trouble is you might not get the exact length you desire on the first or even fifth try. That's why witches and and wizards tend to update their robes each year, or get them professional altered." But she was welcome to try it, if she wanted. "If you'd like to try it, the incantation is elongatis and the wand movement is a simple tap on the item you're trying to lengthen."
There WAS a magical way!! Mamie beamed at Peralta and quickly got her wand out. "My robes don't even last one year without hemming!" she said reaching down for said robe hem. "My Pa said I'm growing faster than his grandparents' sunflowers!!"

"So just tap, and elongatis?" she said, scrunching up her face as she said the incantation. It was a funny tasting word, but if it could mean she didn't have to do so much manual hemming, she'd make it work. Even if she had to lengthen her robes ten times to get them the right length.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Pax was getting along fine on her own, but at the same time... well, maybe a little guidance to perfect her protective spellwork would be a good idea. She knocked on Peralta's office door and waited, hoping her timing was good.
Her timing was perfect, actually. Neva had just finished reading a letter from her mother riddled with concerns over her personal life. No, she wasn't married yet. No, maybe she wasn't getting the recommended amount of sleep. No, maybe she wasn't getting as much exercise as she should, but merlin. She was a pretty successful professor at a major wizarding school and wasn't that enough?

...Anyway. Yes. Good Timing. Neva was glad for a distraction. Any distraction.

"Come in," She called, waving her wand to open the door.

Quote:
There WAS a magical way!! Mamie beamed at Peralta and quickly got her wand out. "My robes don't even last one year without hemming!" she said reaching down for said robe hem. "My Pa said I'm growing faster than his grandparents' sunflowers!!"

"So just tap, and elongatis?" she said, scrunching up her face as she said the incantation. It was a funny tasting word, but if it could mean she didn't have to do so much manual hemming, she'd make it work. Even if she had to lengthen her robes ten times to get them the right length.
"Well, that's adorable." She might not have sounded it, but she genuinely thought so. She even smiled a little.

"Exactly that. I'd get comfortable with the incantation first before attempting it with your wand, okay?" It was a strange sounding word, but one that could be mastered with practice. "And I'd like you to follow up with me, let me know how it goes." Isadora would probably enjoy it, too. She seemed to have taken a liking to Miss Turov.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Kinsay really did like Professor Peralta. In fact, she was probably Kizzy's favorite professor. Even though Charms was a difficult subject and she didn't always try in class when she was supposed to... Even then, Professor Peralta was still her favorite. But Kins wasn't here to talk about charms today. She wanted to talk about other things that were just as intimidating.

So she quietly made her way over to knock on the office door and waited super patiently.

Kind of patiently.

... Okay. Not that patiently.

You are Lemon!
Old 07-04-2021, 03:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"Well, that's adorable." She might not have sounded it, but she genuinely thought so. She even smiled a little.

"Exactly that. I'd get comfortable with the incantation first before attempting it with your wand, okay?" It was a strange sounding word, but one that could be mastered with practice. "And I'd like you to follow up with me, let me know how it goes." Isadora would probably enjoy it, too. She seemed to have taken a liking to Miss Turov.
Adorable? Was Professor Peralta calling her adorable? Or her Pa? Mamie wasn't sure. So. She smiled confusedly. Either way, she supposed it was nice of the professor to say. Her Pa did have some different sayings. He got it from her grandparents, she thought, because her grandmother said some of the same things.

"Okayy, I'll practice without my wand first," she promised. Elongatis elongatis elongatis. She could practice saying it while she did Quidditch drills. Multi-tasking!

"I'll come show you, when I'm ready to use my wand too!" She liked this idea, that she had a reason to come back to visit Professor Peralta. She didn't like visiting professors for no reason...it felt forced. But...did professors get lonely? Maybe they wanted to be visited. Maybe she'd just have to come up with reasons to visit all her professors. So they wouldn't be lonely.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default I thought I replied here and yet >_> I'm so sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Kinsay really did like Professor Peralta. In fact, she was probably Kizzy's favorite professor. Even though Charms was a difficult subject and she didn't always try in class when she was supposed to... Even then, Professor Peralta was still her favorite. But Kins wasn't here to talk about charms today. She wanted to talk about other things that were just as intimidating.

So she quietly made her way over to knock on the office door and waited super patiently.

Kind of patiently.

... Okay. Not that patiently.

"Come on in," Professor Peralta called from her place in a cozy arm chair, essays she'd been grading set aside for the moment. Truthfully, she was glad for a bit of a break. Some of the children had clearly skipped out on the reading she'd assigned and it had her grumpy, and grumpy grading was a dangerous thing.

Quote:
Adorable? Was Professor Peralta calling her adorable? Or her Pa? Mamie wasn't sure. So. She smiled confusedly. Either way, she supposed it was nice of the professor to say. Her Pa did have some different sayings. He got it from her grandparents, she thought, because her grandmother said some of the same things.

"Okayy, I'll practice without my wand first," she promised. Elongatis elongatis elongatis. She could practice saying it while she did Quidditch drills. Multi-tasking!

"I'll come show you, when I'm ready to use my wand too!" She liked this idea, that she had a reason to come back to visit Professor Peralta. She didn't like visiting professors for no reason...it felt forced. But...did professors get lonely? Maybe they wanted to be visited. Maybe she'd just have to come up with reasons to visit all her professors. So they wouldn't be lonely.
"That sounds like a good plan to me. I look forward to seeing your progress." She seemed determined, so Neva had no doubt that she could manage it. "And if you have any trouble, you know where to find me." She offered a smile.