sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1229 users online including...
hermionesclone , Duglasgns , LindaBlulp , Svetlfnq , Stevendalo , maximllon

6 members
1223 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster Wilber Winterbottom's Reign > Term 64: May - August 2023

Term 64: May - August 2023 Term Sixty-Four: The Future Really Makes You Sphinx (Sept 2110 - June 2111)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 01:54 PM

Default Music Classroom

Upon entering this large classroom, it is very obvious what its purpose is. This room is dedicated to teaching Muggle and Wizard Music and is used by members of both the Frog Choir and Orchestra. Instrument cases of all shapes and sizes as well as rows of music stands with accompanying stools fill the inside of this room. In the front, a conductor's stand is positioned in between a polished black piano and a complete drum set.

For many at Hogwarts, students and adults alike, this is one of their favourite places inside the castle. At various hours throughout the day, wonderful music is made and you get to take a break from anything overly theoretical and hone your musical talents. Fortunately for those in Transfiguration or in other parts of the castle, your marvelous melodies cannot disturb them for the room is completely soundproof. So play as loud as you want! This space can also be reserved after scheduled class hours if you and your friends have formed a band and need somewhere appropriate to practice.
Old 05-28-2023, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Job Consultation: Logan & Zoe! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Job consultations were not something new to Dhruv; this was something they were familiar with since their time teaching at University and the conversations just randomly happened: in corridors, after lectures, on the campus grounds… but this one was not happening randomly. They had been paired with the hyper Logan and Dhruv had selected the Music Room since they thought that the Gryffindor would be comfortable among the instruments; with the drums to be exact. Yes, they had taken the time to ask Hadleigh what it was that Logan liked.

As for Dhruv? Well, they couldn’t play a single instrument nor did they carry a tune very well. Neither meant that they didn’t sing nor occasionally tap a few keys on the piano, the latter of which was now being done.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 05-30-2023, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

When he had signed up for the whole job consultation thing, Logan expected that it would take place in the music classroom. It was kind of a obvious meeting place, considering his interest in possible pursing music. But what was still puzzling him was the person he'd speaking with. As far as he was aware, the Defence professor couldn't carry a tune or play an instrument.

Then again, the fourth year really didn't know a whole lot about his professors, the exception being his own mother. Perhaps the man had been holding out on him, so the possibility of knowing another adult at the school that was musically inclined and not his mum was enough to keep him intrigued.

It was short-lived, however. The tapping of the keys that reached his ears the moment he stepped over the threshold of the doorway was ... well, it was ... something.

"Hello, professor," the blond greeted the man, trying his best to monitor his face. "How long have you been, err, playing?"

Old 06-03-2023, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Logan! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
When he had signed up for the whole job consultation thing, Logan expected that it would take place in the music classroom. It was kind of a obvious meeting place, considering his interest in possible pursing music. But what was still puzzling him was the person he'd speaking with. As far as he was aware, the Defence professor couldn't carry a tune or play an instrument.

Then again, the fourth year really didn't know a whole lot about his professors, the exception being his own mother. Perhaps the man had been holding out on him, so the possibility of knowing another adult at the school that was musically inclined and not his mum was enough to keep him intrigued.

It was short-lived, however. The tapping of the keys that reached his ears the moment he stepped over the threshold of the doorway was ... well, it was ... something.

"Hello, professor," the blond greeted the man, trying his best to monitor his face. "How long have you been, err, playing?"

Dhruv absolutely was not holding out on you, Logan. They indeed could not play an instrument nor carry a proper tune. Perhaps their students could assist in changing this by giving a few pointers. It was rather obvious just how much it was needed by the manner in which the piano’s keys were randomly being tapped.

“Oh hello, Mr. Paton.’’ Tap, tap. “As of this moment…” Dhruv checked their watch. “About a total of two minutes in my lifetime so far.” They grinned. “But I’ve been hearing what a natural musician you are. Would you care to show me some pointers while we discuss any questions you might have regarding future jobs? Should you choose to not continue down the musical path or decide to provide consultation in the Charms or DADA subject areas, that is.”

Old 06-05-2023, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

The Gryffindor really was trying not to let what he thought about Khanna's musical ability be anything more than an internally thought, but it was the man's comment about how long he had been playing the piano that made him break. "Sorry, professor. I don't mean to be rude," he apologized. He was sorry for laughing, but he was probably a little more sorry about how the 'song' was going.

His focus then returned back to why they both were present in this music room at this exact moment in time. "A natural? Well, I s'pose it helps that everyone in my family is pretty into music." He was in the Frog Choir because his dad was, and he picked up the drums because of his mum, who was also in a band when she was in school.

"Yeah, I'd be happy to show you a thing or two," the blond replied with a nod. "I'm not a pianist though. Drums and guitar are more my thing." They were, in his opinion, easier to grasp than the piano. "Do you have a preference out of the two?"

As for what the rest of the Defence professor had said, Logan wasn't really sure how to respond. "All I could think of was a music career when filling out the form," the fourteen-year-old said honestly. "Not even sure what the next steps to pursue that." He paused for a moment. "And I dunno what to do if that ends up not working out."

Old 06-08-2023, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
The Gryffindor really was trying not to let what he thought about Khanna's musical ability be anything more than an internally thought, but it was the man's comment about how long he had been playing the piano that made him break. "Sorry, professor. I don't mean to be rude," he apologized. He was sorry for laughing, but he was probably a little more sorry about how the 'song' was going.

His focus then returned back to why they both were present in this music room at this exact moment in time. "A natural? Well, I s'pose it helps that everyone in my family is pretty into music." He was in the Frog Choir because his dad was, and he picked up the drums because of his mum, who was also in a band when she was in school.

"Yeah, I'd be happy to show you a thing or two," the blond replied with a nod. "I'm not a pianist though. Drums and guitar are more my thing." They were, in his opinion, easier to grasp than the piano. "Do you have a preference out of the two?"

As for what the rest of the Defence professor had said, Logan wasn't really sure how to respond. "All I could think of was a music career when filling out the form," the fourteen-year-old said honestly. "Not even sure what the next steps to pursue that." He paused for a moment. "And I dunno what to do if that ends up not working out."

Fear not!

Dhruv possessed a sense of humour so they absolutely did not mind being laughed at in this case. They waved a dismissive hand over the apology. “Not to worry.” Ah yes. The musical family. Dhruv was also aware this talent was also present in Logan’s extended family; Jude, for one, was someone who they remembered as being talented on the piano. And Hadleigh had mentioned Jude’s brother was the drummer for the Kings and Serpents. “Drums,’’ they replied without hesitation. “In my head, it’ll be simpler to learn but I may be wrong.

Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts is a good place to start if you’re looking for a performance career. Of course, it’s not always easy to get into the Academy as they only accept the best. But once you do get in after doing an audition, you’ll be able to learn all aspects of performance that will be essential to you. For example, you’ll gain knowledge about how to have a proper stage presence.” Dhruv paused a bit. “Did you ever consider WADA, by the way?”

Old 06-14-2023, 05:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

The sense of humour is one thing that Logan liked about the Defence professor. He wasn't too sure that some of his other professors would have taken his laughing so lightly. It was rude to be laughing at someone who was very much a novice, but at least the professor was aware that he was no Beethoven or Mozart. Everyone had to start somewhere, did they not?

"Drums it is," the Gryffindor responded cheerfully, taking a few strides over to the drum set that was in the percussion section of the room.

The blond plopped down on the stool and grabbed hold of two wooden drumsticks. He was tempted to instantly start beating on the set, to fill the room with sharp rapping and hollow rumbles, out of habit. However, he waited for the man to get settled in. He had a Drumming 101 lesson to give when the 'pupil' (who would have thought the student would become the teacher and vice versa) was ready.

As Khanna spoke, the fourteen-year-old was listening. Nods of his head were given to show as much, and he was not at all surprised that WADA was mentioned. "It's crossed my mind before, yeah," he told the man. He had heard plenty about it from Jude. "Pretty intense, all of it is. But I think I have what it takes."

Old 06-17-2023, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
The sense of humour is one thing that Logan liked about the Defence professor. He wasn't too sure that some of his other professors would have taken his laughing so lightly. It was rude to be laughing at someone who was very much a novice, but at least the professor was aware that he was no Beethoven or Mozart. Everyone had to start somewhere, did they not?

"Drums it is," the Gryffindor responded cheerfully, taking a few strides over to the drum set that was in the percussion section of the room.

The blond plopped down on the stool and grabbed hold of two wooden drumsticks. He was tempted to instantly start beating on the set, to fill the room with sharp rapping and hollow rumbles, out of habit. However, he waited for the man to get settled in. He had a Drumming 101 lesson to give when the 'pupil' (who would have thought the student would become the teacher and vice versa) was ready.

As Khanna spoke, the fourteen-year-old was listening. Nods of his head were given to show as much, and he was not at all surprised that WADA was mentioned. "It's crossed my mind before, yeah," he told the man. He had heard plenty about it from Jude. "Pretty intense, all of it is. But I think I have what it takes."

Yes, everyone had to start somewhere. Admitting you were good {or in this case, bad} at something was a good place to do exactly that. Dhruv followed the Gryffindor as they wondered if there was a reason Logan did not offer insight to which instrument was easier. Then again, what might have been easy for Logan would most likely not be easy for them. With that in mind, they pulled up a seat beside him. Maybe they both were the student and teacher today: with Dhruv learning about the drums and Logan having some insight into his potential future.

“I'm absolutely sure that you do.” And not just because the DADA professor had heard about it all from Hadleigh; when anyone was passionate about something as much as Logan was, then whatever hurdles came were always surpassed. “There’s still a few years left to decide.” No pressure on that front as yet. “There’s also the option of touring with a band or two to gain experience. I know you’re friendly with The Kings and Serpents.”

Old 06-18-2023, 12:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

There really was no reason that Logan hadn't offered the professor any insight into whether the drums or guitar was easier to learn. Truthfully, his mind was jumping from one thing to the next (the piano 'playing,' getting settled behind the drum set, talk of the future), and such information just was lost and hadn't been shared. The boy certainly did have an opinion though, which he would get to soon enough. Probably.

It was a bit of a relief hearing from Khanna that he still had a few years to decide. Then again, it probably would have been helpful to somewhat know what he wanted to do in the future. While the Gryffindor didn't want to think about it, fifth-year exams were only a year away for him. Knowing which classes he didn't have to really focus on that much would have been good to know. Not that he was going to tell the adult that.

"Yeah, I am. Family connections and all that do come in handy. I'm sure if I asked they might take me on for a bit," he mused from behind the drum set. "And I think I'm going to get a summer job at the music shop in Diagon Alley. So might be some connections there that could be made too." Truthfully he was mostly doing that to go halfsies on an invisibility cloak, though that was information the man didn't need to know.

With that said, the boy sat up on the stool, his posture proper. "Anyway, so the first things that you need to get down as a drummer is having the right hand technique and then being aware of having a steady beat." A spare pair of drum sticks were offered. He waited to give further direction, curious to see how both sticks would be instinctively gripped.

Old 06-27-2023, 01:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
There really was no reason that Logan hadn't offered the professor any insight into whether the drums or guitar was easier to learn. Truthfully, his mind was jumping from one thing to the next (the piano 'playing,' getting settled behind the drum set, talk of the future), and such information just was lost and hadn't been shared. The boy certainly did have an opinion though, which he would get to soon enough. Probably.

It was a bit of a relief hearing from Khanna that he still had a few years to decide. Then again, it probably would have been helpful to somewhat know what he wanted to do in the future. While the Gryffindor didn't want to think about it, fifth-year exams were only a year away for him. Knowing which classes he didn't have to really focus on that much would have been good to know. Not that he was going to tell the adult that.

"Yeah, I am. Family connections and all that do come in handy. I'm sure if I asked they might take me on for a bit," he mused from behind the drum set. "And I think I'm going to get a summer job at the music shop in Diagon Alley. So might be some connections there that could be made too." Truthfully he was mostly doing that to go halfsies on an invisibility cloak, though that was information the man didn't need to know.

With that said, the boy sat up on the stool, his posture proper. "Anyway, so the first things that you need to get down as a drummer is having the right hand technique and then being aware of having a steady beat." A spare pair of drum sticks were offered. He waited to give further direction, curious to see how both sticks would be instinctively gripped.

The way Dhruv saw it, having to decide so early in their lives about their careers, put pressure on the students. Especially those who were uncertain about what to do or those who were plagued by the ‘What If’ questions: what if they didn’t make the required OWLs & NEWTS, what if they decided eventually they didn’t want to continue pursuing their line of studies to the profession they thought they wanted etc.

“I think that’s a great start.” Afterall, everyone started from some place. Not to mention, they were sure that Logan possessed knowledge of music that would come in handy at the shop. In all honesty, Dhruv didn’t think that Logan was panicked about his future, which was not unusual. “Have you discussed that with your parents as yet?”

The spare sticks were taken. The things felt awkward in Dhruv’s hands but on instinct, they gripped each in a hand between a thumb and index finger; that end of the sticks rested against their palm. “How’s this?”

Old 07-02-2023, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

It had taken Fynn a strangely long time to discover the music classroom since he had joined the school but since then he had found himself frequenting it’s four walls. He would rather say that it was because he was rediscovering his love of playing the drums which he had been learning to play from a very young age but the truth was it was more likely he was shirking the responsibility of studying for his upcoming OWLs by giving himself something to do that didn’t involve reading. Fynley wasn’t stupid, he knew that these exams were likely to dictate what he was going to be able to do for the rest of his life but that didn’t make studying for them any less of a chore. In fact it made it so much worse to the point that his brain would just automatically shut down the minute he saw a book.

Pushing the door open slowly to check whether anyone was in there, the Slytherin entered the threshold and headed straight over to where the drum kit was located. He withdrew his drumsticks from his back pocket before flopping himself down on the stool and familiarising himself with the instrument before him. He twiddled with the sticks for a second whilst he mulled over the beat he was about to play.
Old 07-07-2023, 04:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desdemona M. Evans #6082B6
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
It had taken Fynn a strangely long time to discover the music classroom since he had joined the school but since then he had found himself frequenting it’s four walls. He would rather say that it was because he was rediscovering his love of playing the drums which he had been learning to play from a very young age but the truth was it was more likely he was shirking the responsibility of studying for his upcoming OWLs by giving himself something to do that didn’t involve reading. Fynley wasn’t stupid, he knew that these exams were likely to dictate what he was going to be able to do for the rest of his life but that didn’t make studying for them any less of a chore. In fact it made it so much worse to the point that his brain would just automatically shut down the minute he saw a book.

Pushing the door open slowly to check whether anyone was in there, the Slytherin entered the threshold and headed straight over to where the drum kit was located. He withdrew his drumsticks from his back pocket before flopping himself down on the stool and familiarising himself with the instrument before him. He twiddled with the sticks for a second whilst he mulled over the beat he was about to play.
after his last late night experience in the music room, Ruari had sworn to himself that he would only seek out those familiar walls when the hours, and the people, were sensible.

and the period just past class and just before dinner seemed sensible to him. Clucking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, the broad shouldered 6th year hiked his book bag higher onto his shoulder and slipped into the music room to find…

someone was already at the drums.
AGAIN?
again.
He inwardly groaned, but Ruari’s featured remained as indifferent as ever. “Hey.” the ravenclaw casually greeted, tucking his hair behind his ear as he swerved on his heel, making his way to the bass instead.

He really needed his own drum set and his own room to play it in.

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence
Old 07-07-2023, 12:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

He wasn’t the only one who had to make other arrangements every time he visited the music room. Seemingly the last few weeks there had been some miserable looking older student looking like he’d fight anyone who dared approach him. Although Fynley was physically fit enough to handle himself, he didn’t really fancy an altercation and therefore would try again until it was quieter.

The difference here was that Fynn didn’t actually mind sharing his space, in fact he quite enjoyed the idea of jamming with some mates letting their creative juices flow. There were far too many antisocial types at Hogwarts. The fifth year halted the rhythm he was beating out on the snare drum and glanced up at his companion with a somewhat friendly smile. “Hey” he responded with a nod. “Sorry I beat you to it” he chuckled noting the look he gave him sat at the drum kit.
Old 07-08-2023, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
The way Dhruv saw it, having to decide so early in their lives about their careers, put pressure on the students. Especially those who were uncertain about what to do or those who were plagued by the ‘What If’ questions: what if they didn’t make the required OWLs & NEWTS, what if they decided eventually they didn’t want to continue pursuing their line of studies to the profession they thought they wanted etc.

“I think that’s a great start.” Afterall, everyone started from some place. Not to mention, they were sure that Logan possessed knowledge of music that would come in handy at the shop. In all honesty, Dhruv didn’t think that Logan was panicked about his future, which was not unusual. “Have you discussed that with your parents as yet?”

The spare sticks were taken. The things felt awkward in Dhruv’s hands but on instinct, they gripped each in a hand between a thumb and index finger; that end of the sticks rested against their palm. “How’s this?”
Another wave of relief went over him when the professor noted that getting a summer job at the music shop would be a good start. So maybe there was more to gain from that rather than just getting enough galleons of a cloak. Such thoughts the boy was distracted from when the man mentioned his parents. "Oh. Uhh. No, actually. S'pose I'll need to do that," he said with a laugh. There was plenty of time for him to do that though.

Blue eyes watched as the man got used to holding the sticks. A surprised look appeared on Logan's face. "Not bad, not bad at all." Logan then did the same with his own set of drumsticks. "There are other gripping techniques, but this gives good wrist control and speed. And then there's having the correct sitting posture too." The blond demonstrated this by sitting up straight, his legs stabilizing his body.

"Now one of the first things that needs to be mastered is counting so you can have a good rhythm. Otherwise, your drumming will just sound like a mess." He then hit one stick on the hi-hat, playing steady eighth notes, to start off before getting lost in thought.

"Sir, let's say, hypothetically, a career in music doesn't pan out. What are some other jobs that would be cool and chill?"

Old 07-11-2023, 02:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Another wave of relief went over him when the professor noted that getting a summer job at the music shop would be a good start. So maybe there was more to gain from that rather than just getting enough galleons of a cloak. Such thoughts the boy was distracted from when the man mentioned his parents. "Oh. Uhh. No, actually. S'pose I'll need to do that," he said with a laugh. There was plenty of time for him to do that though.

Blue eyes watched as the man got used to holding the sticks. A surprised look appeared on Logan's face. "Not bad, not bad at all." Logan then did the same with his own set of drumsticks. "There are other gripping techniques, but this gives good wrist control and speed. And then there's having the correct sitting posture too." The blond demonstrated this by sitting up straight, his legs stabilizing his body.

"Now one of the first things that needs to be mastered is counting so you can have a good rhythm. Otherwise, your drumming will just sound like a mess." He then hit one stick on the hi-hat, playing steady eighth notes, to start off before getting lost in thought.

"Sir, let's say, hypothetically, a career in music doesn't pan out. What are some other jobs that would be cool and chill?"

Everyone had to start from somewhere. A host of favourable opportunities could arise for Logan should he play his card right. Live music, for instance, could be started where Logan could showcase this talent. Showing that talent could in turn attract the right set of folk in the music industry. Then, of course, there was the Muggle way of doing things: get a video made then post it to social media. There was some amount of surprise on Dhruv’s end with the Gryffindor not discussing his plans with his parents and this was because from what they had gathered, the Patons were close. “Yes, you will. I don’t think either of them would have an issue; they’ll most likely think having a job will give you an additional sense of responsibility and purpose.”

Dhruv grinned. “Well, the music professor is decent.” But thank you, Logan! They did try. “There are? I probably shouldn’t get too attached to this method just yet then.” It already fascinated them, all these basics. They attempted to best copy Logan’s posture. “Is it best to sit with my feet flat on the ground? Or is there someplace special they need to rest on or against the drum set?”

There was such a chuckle from them at those words! “You mean like my disastrous piano solo just now?” Dhruv would not be offended if you concurred, Logan. The professor observed the way the instrument was hit, their ears absorbing the flowing, melodic beats.

Cool and chill jobs? There were a few they could think about. “What I think might be cool and chill may not be for you. What suits you, and what job would keep you wanting to wake up everyday to carry it out is something that should be decided based on your strengths. What else interests you? Do you like dueling or tending to creatures or do you see yourself being a teacher, say patiently training trolls to be security guards…?”

Old 07-17-2023, 04:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Everyone had to start from somewhere. A host of favourable opportunities could arise for Logan should he play his card right. Live music, for instance, could be started where Logan could showcase this talent. Showing that talent could in turn attract the right set of folk in the music industry. Then, of course, there was the Muggle way of doing things: get a video made then post it to social media. There was some amount of surprise on Dhruv’s end with the Gryffindor not discussing his plans with his parents and this was because from what they had gathered, the Patons were close. “Yes, you will. I don’t think either of them would have an issue; they’ll most likely think having a job will give you an additional sense of responsibility and purpose.”

Dhruv grinned. “Well, the music professor is decent.” But thank you, Logan! They did try. “There are? I probably shouldn’t get too attached to this method just yet then.” It already fascinated them, all these basics. They attempted to best copy Logan’s posture. “Is it best to sit with my feet flat on the ground? Or is there someplace special they need to rest on or against the drum set?”

There was such a chuckle from them at those words! “You mean like my disastrous piano solo just now?” Dhruv would not be offended if you concurred, Logan. The professor observed the way the instrument was hit, their ears absorbing the flowing, melodic beats.

Cool and chill jobs? There were a few they could think about. “What I think might be cool and chill may not be for you. What suits you, and what job would keep you wanting to wake up everyday to carry it out is something that should be decided based on your strengths. What else interests you? Do you like dueling or tending to creatures or do you see yourself being a teacher, say patiently training trolls to be security guards…?”
Perhaps that was why he hadn't thought to inform his parents about the possibility of him getting a job when school was not in session. He figured they wouldn't bat an eye at the concept of him doing more than simply sleep, aimlessly lounge about, and eat his way through the fridge and pantry all summer long. As for a sense of responsibility, well, that was hilarious. Purpose? Well, he had his own reasons for wanting to work, so yes.

A grin quickly morphed onto his face at the comment about the 'music professor' being decent. If words such as those kept on coming, surely his head would start inflating. "It's a fairly versatile technique that is good to start with. The others are similar, though involve minor adjustments for different purposes. All in good time," he told the professor in his best teacher-like voice. "As for your feet, on the ground will do for now. They'll be used for the bass drum and hi-hat pedals eventually. But basics first."

Logan chuckled in return. "I don't think that piano solo would have been that bad if you knew what keys to tap." To be fair, he couldn't have done any better. "But I do think you'll have an easier time with the drums once you've got a hang of counting. After comes learning basic rhythms to songs and then gradually adding on the different parts of the drum kit."

He continued to lightly hit the hi-hat steadily as he listened to the Defence professor's words, nodding his head here and there before sneaking in a few hits of the snare drum with his second stick. "I do like duelling quite a bit... and creatures are cool, though I don't think I want to do what my mum does... not sure about teaching though."

The room suddenly went silent at the mention of training trolls. Had the man been speaking to Vera? Had she recommended such a career? The boy forced a cough and, rather than comment on trolls, he asked, "Want to give hitting the hi-hat a go?"

Old 07-23-2023, 05:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Perhaps that was why he hadn't thought to inform his parents about the possibility of him getting a job when school was not in session. He figured they wouldn't bat an eye at the concept of him doing more than simply sleep, aimlessly lounge about, and eat his way through the fridge and pantry all summer long. As for a sense of responsibility, well, that was hilarious. Purpose? Well, he had his own reasons for wanting to work, so yes.

A grin quickly morphed onto his face at the comment about the 'music professor' being decent. If words such as those kept on coming, surely his head would start inflating. "It's a fairly versatile technique that is good to start with. The others are similar, though involve minor adjustments for different purposes. All in good time," he told the professor in his best teacher-like voice. "As for your feet, on the ground will do for now. They'll be used for the bass drum and hi-hat pedals eventually. But basics first."

Logan chuckled in return. "I don't think that piano solo would have been that bad if you knew what keys to tap." To be fair, he couldn't have done any better. "But I do think you'll have an easier time with the drums once you've got a hang of counting. After comes learning basic rhythms to songs and then gradually adding on the different parts of the drum kit."

He continued to lightly hit the hi-hat steadily as he listened to the Defence professor's words, nodding his head here and there before sneaking in a few hits of the snare drum with his second stick. "I do like duelling quite a bit... and creatures are cool, though I don't think I want to do what my mum does... not sure about teaching though."

The room suddenly went silent at the mention of training trolls. Had the man been speaking to Vera? Had she recommended such a career? The boy forced a cough and, rather than comment on trolls, he asked, "Want to give hitting the hi-hat a go?"

“A music professor is always a career you can turn to many years from now, once you have more time on your hands should you retire from your first career. I cannot stress how important it is to pass one’s knowledge onto the next generation.’’ This was exactly how they felt with Wandless magic, and was delighted that at least one student had shown interest in it since Dhruv had taken up DADA at Hogwarts. “All in good time indeed,’’ they agreed, laughing. “Wouldn’t want to overwhelm my brain with it all at once. No, I don’t think that would do either of us any good.” Okay, feet on the ground. “Got it. I think my mind’s eager to learn it all while my brain is worried about information overload. If that makes any sense.”

Dhruv shot the piano a look as though blaming it for not telling him which keys were best to tap. “I suppose you’re right, Mr. Paton. Possibly sometime in the future I’ll be wiser about it. Counting… much like dancers do when they’re counting steps? Is there a counting pattern used more often than any other with the drums?” For example, was counting to six or to eight popular? Attempting to follow Logan’s lead, they repeated the pattern that had been taught to them a minute ago. “I get not wanting to follow in a parent’s footsteps. You can always turn your attention to becoming a champion duelist. I have a very close friend who thrives at that.”

The DADA professor craned their head, a very questioning expression on his face. An eyebrow arched at the cough and at the question. “Have you thought about that particular career?’’ they asked, having honestly suggested it on their own and without the aid of Vera Thanatos.

Old 07-29-2023, 08:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

The blond considered the professor's words for a moment about teaching. He supposed they had a point, and he supposed there would be a need for someone to teach in the future. He just wasn't sure that person would be him -- he hadn't even realized that he was in a way already teaching. Though that was something he wasn't going think about for too long, considering that was waaaaaaay into the future and Logan felt that he already had enough on his plate just thinking about only the next few years ahead.

"I totally get the being eager to learn thought worried about being overloaded with information," he told Dhruv. Truth be told, he felt that his brain was usually in overdrive, but he figured that was just how school was. Fortunately he didn't feel that way during classes he was interested in. "But, yes, one thing at a time."

As they were getting into making a steady rhythm, Logan nodded his head. "I would say so. And yes, there are a number of patterns that are used," he replied as he watched the Defence professor repeat the pattern he had done. "Quarter notes are a good starting point. Though that gets pretty boring after a while, so you can spice things up with eighth or sixteenth notes or do combinations of them all." For now, the current beat would do.

His face perked up a bit at the mention of the champion duellist that the professor was close friends with. "Who's the duellist?" he asked curiously. In response to the whole troll-trainer career, he stated, "No, I haven't. Though I'm sure one of my friends would say it'd be the perfect job for me." Which he 100% would disagree with.

Old 08-01-2023, 02:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
The blond considered the professor's words for a moment about teaching. He supposed they had a point, and he supposed there would be a need for someone to teach in the future. He just wasn't sure that person would be him -- he hadn't even realized that he was in a way already teaching. Though that was something he wasn't going think about for too long, considering that was waaaaaaay into the future and Logan felt that he already had enough on his plate just thinking about only the next few years ahead.

"I totally get the being eager to learn thought worried about being overloaded with information," he told Dhruv. Truth be told, he felt that his brain was usually in overdrive, but he figured that was just how school was. Fortunately he didn't feel that way during classes he was interested in. "But, yes, one thing at a time."

As they were getting into making a steady rhythm, Logan nodded his head. "I would say so. And yes, there are a number of patterns that are used," he replied as he watched the Defence professor repeat the pattern he had done. "Quarter notes are a good starting point. Though that gets pretty boring after a while, so you can spice things up with eighth or sixteenth notes or do combinations of them all." For now, the current beat would do.

His face perked up a bit at the mention of the champion duellist that the professor was close friends with. "Who's the duellist?" he asked curiously. In response to the whole troll-trainer career, he stated, "No, I haven't. Though I'm sure one of my friends would say it'd be the perfect job for me." Which he 100% would disagree with.

Dhruv would not say no to a teaching career just yet, Logan! Life usually kept surprising everyone with something or the other, and just maybe there would be a few events that would sway the boy’s decision to head into teaching music many, many years from now. This view was based on Dhruv’s own experiences. What started as a guest lecture had spiralled {in an obviously good manner} from there!

As the beat kept going, they found that they were getting fully comfortable with it, until they actually felt as though they’d be able to hit it out on the drums with their eyes closed. Dhruv was silent, processing all the information. “Music is a lot more complicated than musicians make it out to be, isn’t it? I suspect most persons listen to songs without giving all the work behind them a second thought.” They themself was guilty.

“Jericho Vertagren,’’ Dhruv replied promptly, pride and love for the man very evident in their voice. “Aside from being a World Champion Duelist, he’s a dueling coach, a life coach, a motivational speaker, animal fosterer, an animal assisted therapist… I think I’m forgetting something.” They thought for a moment. “Oh, that’s right. He’s also an aurologist.” A man of many talents Jericho was. As Logan mentioned the troll security training job, Dhruv chuckled. “I assure you, I hadn’t even known that was a thing between you and your friend. But you see, there are many choices you can make here; it all doesn’t have to be made at once. If you’re interested in duelling, I advise you to take a look at Jericho’s accomplishments and life. Those accomplishments are publicly documented.”