sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1071 users online including...

1 members
1070 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021

Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2020, 09:08 PM

Default Magical Creature Sanctuary

The Magical Creature Sanctuary is an outdoor enclosure that looks like a park, full of green grass, rolling hills, interspersed trees, random benches and rocky outcroppings perfect for a bird or amphibian or person to sit and catch some sun. The sanctuary also contains a variety of creatures scattered about, ones that don't mind being outdoors during the Scottish fall and spring, and some of which also enjoy the winter. In the winter, many of these creatures will be brought into the barn, where students can continue looking after them, but some will be just fine still roaming around in the Sanctuary. Unlike the larger creatures in the pastures, these creatures can be generally trusted to mix with each other.

If you're feeling useful, pick up a shovel from the small shed at the back and scoop up some poo to add to the manure pile. If you're feeling lonely, go visit with a puffskein or a kneazle or an abraxan, aethonan, or granian. If you're feeling sad, go sit by the brambles and whine to the augurey. Nearly all animals within this enclosure are rated X, XX, or XXX. Please remember your skill level, year, and familiarity around animals when visiting the Sanctuary.

Text Cut: Creatures in the Sanctuary
These are just the named animals within the sanctuary. Feel free to use your imagination to add unnamed ones too.

Augureys:
  • Romeo
  • Julia
  • Atreyu
  • Loralei
  • Phobus

Fairies:
  • Violet (Female; rainbow wings with a purple dot)
  • Oren (Male; green wings with pearl dots)
  • Silvermist (Female; Silver wings with whit dots)
  • Brock (Male; Blue wings with a gold dot)

Fwoopers:
  • Martin
  • Ella

Bowtruckles:
  • Pickle
  • Jasper
  • Acorn
  • Daffodil
  • Raspberry

Kneazles:
  • Aphrodite
  • Blossom
  • Orion
  • Sinna
  • Honey
  • Otis
  • Maya

Jarveys:
  • Albus (Albino) (M) - a long-haired, all-white, older jarvey with red eyes
  • Alice (F) - likes to preen; a very pretty, sleek jarvey
  • Ivory (Albino) (F) - intelligent jarvey, also all-white, related to Albus
  • Mozart (M) - very, very old, hard of hearing, but cuddly jarvey
  • Ferret Bueller (M) - sneaky, slippery, youngest jarvey, related to Mollywobbles
  • Maui (M) - handsome jarvey, v. good at tunneling and tumbling
  • Mollywobbles (F) - cuddly, jarvey mum of Ferret Bueller RIP Mollywobbles (d. Sep. 2103)
  • Rubeus (M) - a large, curious jarvey who loves treats
  • Cersei (F) - a troublesome jarvey who likes to nip fingers
  • Kenny (M) - a long jarvey, sniffs everyone and everything, says "oi oi oi" a lot
  • Jolene (F) - a curious, slinky jarvey who does not like Alice
  • Pretzel (F) - a flexible young, friendly, and cuddly jarvey

Jobberknoll:
  • Pavo
  • Aurora
  • Silas
  • Tallulah

Puffskeins:
  • Pepper
  • Dawn
  • Lemongelo
  • Cocoa
  • Bubbles
Old 07-22-2021, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default For Chelliephone :3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Only recently it had hit Claudine that she was going to be graduating in another year. Only recently it had really hit her: the creatures that Williamson kept about here were going to be sorely missed by her. The hippogriffs, the jarveys... and especially the kneazle she had bonded with a few terms ago - President. Claudine vaguely wondered if Williamson would allow her to adopt the fur bby when she left. The Snakette wondered if it was worth the shot to even ask.

Speaking of which... where was her kneazle bby? Claudine peered about, looking for him. She murmured hellos to the ones that weren't napping. But where was President? Was he hiding somewhere?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 07-26-2021, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Only recently it had hit Claudine that she was going to be graduating in another year. Only recently it had really hit her: the creatures that Williamson kept about here were going to be sorely missed by her. The hippogriffs, the jarveys... and especially the kneazle she had bonded with a few terms ago - President. Claudine vaguely wondered if Williamson would allow her to adopt the fur bby when she left. The Snakette wondered if it was worth the shot to even ask.

Speaking of which... where was her kneazle bby? Claudine peered about, looking for him. She murmured hellos to the ones that weren't napping. But where was President? Was he hiding somewhere?
Hanging out with the creatures were another thing he had come to enjoy this term, now that he was pushing his comfort zones and had been spending more of the term outside of his own common room. The creatures didn't ask questions when he talked to them. They didn't judge him or think he was a bad person. They didn't have any drama.

Actually, he kind of wished he was one of them.

Today though he intended to do more than just talk to them. He wanted a better coping mechanism for things that swarmed in his mind. So he was trying to take a page out of Ash's book and attempt drawing. He had zero talent, but she'd encouraged before that he'd never get better until he practiced. He was sitting among a group of kneazles, sketching them out the best he could. He could vaguely hear someone also saying hello to some of the other creatures, so he spun his head to see Claudine. "Hello." He had to call it a little loud as he wasn't sure she could hear from where she stood.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 07-30-2021, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Evan <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Hanging out with the creatures were another thing he had come to enjoy this term, now that he was pushing his comfort zones and had been spending more of the term outside of his own common room. The creatures didn't ask questions when he talked to them. They didn't judge him or think he was a bad person. They didn't have any drama.

Actually, he kind of wished he was one of them.

Today though he intended to do more than just talk to them. He wanted a better coping mechanism for things that swarmed in his mind. So he was trying to take a page out of Ash's book and attempt drawing. He had zero talent, but she'd encouraged before that he'd never get better until he practiced. He was sitting among a group of kneazles, sketching them out the best he could. He could vaguely hear someone also saying hello to some of the other creatures, so he spun his head to see Claudine. "Hello." He had to call it a little loud as he wasn't sure she could hear from where she stood.

Claudine would agree with Evan: she too wished that she could be an animal. There was a potion for that, she knew, that allowed the drinker to be an animal for a specific amount of time. Perhaps one day she would try it. As it was now, she still happened to be looking for President the kneazle. Where could he be?

That particular kneazle couldn't be located at the moment but Claudine was surprised to find one Evan Nam there. "Odd looking kneazle you are," the sixth year said seriously though it was her way of creating and keeping a light tone between her and Evan. "Hi. Unusual spot to be doing homework but I approve." Claudine move a little closer in Evan's direction, taking her time not to startle the kneazles even though they would be use to her presence after all these terms.

Old 08-02-2021, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Open (Violet really needs to talk to someone outside of class this year)

Violet had been having headaches all year (and she'd never had headaches before in her life, except when she hit her head or something). Finally she felt she couldn't stand the heat and stuffiness she felt whenever she was inside the castle and she fled outside for some fresh air.

Wandering aimlessly at first, she finally wound up walking towards the Magical Creatures Sanctuary and decided to head on out there to check on her pet magpie, Mack, to make sure he was all right (and more important, to make sure he wasn't up to any trouble).

By the time she got out there and was walking across the grassy enclosure, she felt much better. She started walking more slowly, shading her eyes as she looked up at the sky, trying to see if she could spot her pet. "Mack!" she called out from time to time, "Mack! Where are you, boy?" Violet wished, not for the first time, that she could whistle--but then, Mack probably wouldn't come for that, he wouldn't think it was her. She was so intent on looking for her bird that she wasn't really paying attention to where she was going or who or what else might be there.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Claudine! <3
Quote:

Claudine would agree with Evan: she too wished that she could be an animal. There was a potion for that, she knew, that allowed the drinker to be an animal for a specific amount of time. Perhaps one day she would try it. As it was now, she still happened to be looking for President the kneazle. Where could he be?

That particular kneazle couldn't be located at the moment but Claudine was surprised to find one Evan Nam there. "Odd looking kneazle you are," the sixth year said seriously though it was her way of creating and keeping a light tone between her and Evan. "Hi. Unusual spot to be doing homework but I approve." Claudine move a little closer in Evan's direction, taking her time not to startle the kneazles even though they would be use to her presence after all these terms.

The idea of being an animagi was also in his list of things to research more on for that purpose. Though he supposed trying a potion out first would be a better idea before putting in all the work. Although realistically, Evan liked studying and academic work. That was easy, that made sense to him. He much preferred things that made sense over complicated feelings and things that just... Didn't.

He supposed that was a very human trait though.

The older snakette was welcome company. She was probably the elder student he looked up to the most, even outside of his own house mates. She was smart. She was clear and insightful in class. And she was nice to his sister. Not that anyone wasn't, but that was still a trait that was important to him in people. "I'm a little too tall to fit in with the others." He replied back, recognizing the joke. "I don't know, they're much quieter than some people. Most of them are good listeners too if I need to talk through a problem." Sometimes just saying something out loud made the answer easier. "But I'm actually attempting to draw them. Though I don't think it's going well. What brings you out here?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 08-03-2021, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Evan <3
Quote:

The idea of being an animagi was also in his list of things to research more on for that purpose. Though he supposed trying a potion out first would be a better idea before putting in all the work. Although realistically, Evan liked studying and academic work. That was easy, that made sense to him. He much preferred things that made sense over complicated feelings and things that just... Didn't.

He supposed that was a very human trait though.

The older snakette was welcome company. She was probably the elder student he looked up to the most, even outside of his own house mates. She was smart. She was clear and insightful in class. And she was nice to his sister. Not that anyone wasn't, but that was still a trait that was important to him in people. "I'm a little too tall to fit in with the others." He replied back, recognizing the joke. "I don't know, they're much quieter than some people. Most of them are good listeners too if I need to talk through a problem." Sometimes just saying something out loud made the answer easier. "But I'm actually attempting to draw them. Though I don't think it's going well. What brings you out here?"

Little did Claudine know how much Evan and Lisa looked up to her. Should she ever find out, she'd be rather surprised but equally happy. To be fair, she really liked the two Ravenclaws which would most likely why she was so friendly with them.

The sixth year just had to laugh. She loved it that Evan hadn't for any reason taken offense to her own joke. And she totally got where the boy was coming from. "In a way, creatures are a lot better than some humans. Maybe most humans." Claudine supposed it all depended on how one looked at or viewed fellow humans. Her interest perked up even more. "Oh! Are you an artist too?" Evan could be her artist buddy!

Oh, yes. She was here on a mission. At that moment, she felt something furry brush against her ankles. Looking down, Claudine saw it was President. She scooped him up. "I came here looking for this little fella. Evan, meet President. President, say hi to Evan." The kneazle looked Evan over before giving a lazy purr.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Claudine!
Quote:

Little did Claudine know how much Evan and Lisa looked up to her. Should she ever find out, she'd be rather surprised but equally happy. To be fair, she really liked the two Ravenclaws which would most likely why she was so friendly with them.

The sixth year just had to laugh. She loved it that Evan hadn't for any reason taken offense to her own joke. And she totally got where the boy was coming from. "In a way, creatures are a lot better than some humans. Maybe most humans." Claudine supposed it all depended on how one looked at or viewed fellow humans. Her interest perked up even more. "Oh! Are you an artist too?" Evan could be her artist buddy!

Oh, yes. She was here on a mission. At that moment, she felt something furry brush against her ankles. Looking down, Claudine saw it was President. She scooped him up. "I came here looking for this little fella. Evan, meet President. President, say hi to Evan." The kneazle looked Evan over before giving a lazy purr.

In his experience, he didn't actually think Claudine could be anything but nice. But she always had been towards him, and prior to this term he had spared such little attention to anyone he never would have noticed had she not been to anyone else.

Her laugh actually made the Ravenclaw give a small smile, as he nodded in agreement when she continued to talk. "I agree. I've always liked animals, but I don't think I realized how much better their company was until this term." And he was still quite hopeful his parent's would let him get a cat when he went home for the summer. Helping to take care of Jinx and the dog and Lisa's lizard was great but... his own companion who could come to school with him next term would be really nice. The question of if he was an artist drew a small laugh from the boy, before he turned his paper around to show her his rather poor drawing. "I.. wouldn't say that. But there's an attempt. Ash reminded me I'll never be good at something if I don't practice it first." But there would be a lot of practice needed. "You like drawing?"

She reached down and scooped up one of the kneazles he had been attempting to draw earlier, one of the more regal looking of the lot he'd thought. The kneazle immediately looked very contented being in the Slytherin's arms. "Nice to meet you, President. Is he your kneazle?" He'd heard of people getting permission to keep their pets with the other creatures if they were outside of the normal allowed types.

Old 08-05-2021, 02:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default *snags*
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet had been having headaches all year (and she'd never had headaches before in her life, except when she hit her head or something). Finally she felt she couldn't stand the heat and stuffiness she felt whenever she was inside the castle and she fled outside for some fresh air.

Wandering aimlessly at first, she finally wound up walking towards the Magical Creatures Sanctuary and decided to head on out there to check on her pet magpie, Mack, to make sure he was all right (and more important, to make sure he wasn't up to any trouble).

By the time she got out there and was walking across the grassy enclosure, she felt much better. She started walking more slowly, shading her eyes as she looked up at the sky, trying to see if she could spot her pet. "Mack!" she called out from time to time, "Mack! Where are you, boy?" Violet wished, not for the first time, that she could whistle--but then, Mack probably wouldn't come for that, he wouldn't think it was her. She was so intent on looking for her bird that she wasn't really paying attention to where she was going or who or what else might be there.
Pascal had fun away once again. Lisa was sure that she could have trusted him to just chill, perched on her shoulder with his tail dangling down her Center but NOOOO! Pascal wanted out. So now she was looking for him.

She had made her way down to the grounds without a successful Pascal sighting. Surely he must be around here somewhere? Her thoughts were distracted when she heard someone else calling out to a … Mack? What was a Mack? Curiosity drove her to walk over and figure out who exactly was calling out for their beloved creature or familiar.

She saw Violet, an older student, a little ways ahead calling out to the Mack. Curious, she made her way over to her. “Who’s Mack? Do you need help?” asked Lisa with wide eyes.

Maybe they could find their companions together? Hopefully Mack wouldn’t eat Pascal…
Old 08-05-2021, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
She saw Violet, an older student, a little ways ahead calling out to the Mack. Curious, she made her way over to her. “Who’s Mack? Do you need help?” asked Lisa with wide eyes.
Violet was so preoccupied looking up in the sky that she hadn't even noticed another student approaching her, but she turned when she heard another girl's voice. It was a first year--Lisa Nam, wasn't it? Violet thought she may have done an exercise with her in class that year, though she was having trouble remembering things lately.

"Oh, Mack is just my pet magpie. It's short for Machiavelli. My first year here I had him inside with me, but later I found out you're only supposed to have cats, rats, toads, and owls in the castle, so I had to leave him out here. But he tends to get into trouble when I leave him alone, and I haven't checked up on him in a while."

Violet took another quick glance up to see if her wandering pet had showed up, but no sign of him, so she turned her attention back to Lisa. "How about yourself? Do you have a pet here, too, or were you just coming down here to look at the creatures?"
Old 08-05-2021, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Evaaa
<3
Quote:

In his experience, he didn't actually think Claudine could be anything but nice. But she always had been towards him, and prior to this term he had spared such little attention to anyone he never would have noticed had she not been to anyone else.

Her laugh actually made the Ravenclaw give a small smile, as he nodded in agreement when she continued to talk. "I agree. I've always liked animals, but I don't think I realized how much better their company was until this term." And he was still quite hopeful his parent's would let him get a cat when he went home for the summer. Helping to take care of Jinx and the dog and Lisa's lizard was great but... his own companion who could come to school with him next term would be really nice. The question of if he was an artist drew a small laugh from the boy, before he turned his paper around to show her his rather poor drawing. "I.. wouldn't say that. But there's an attempt. Ash reminded me I'll never be good at something if I don't practice it first." But there would be a lot of practice needed. "You like drawing?"

She reached down and scooped up one of the kneazles he had been attempting to draw earlier, one of the more regal looking of the lot he'd thought. The kneazle immediately looked very contented being in the Slytherin's arms. "Nice to meet you, President. Is he your kneazle?" He'd heard of people getting permission to keep their pets with the other creatures if they were outside of the normal allowed types.

Claudine was liking Evan even more now. He understood her words more than just in the general sense; he understood creatures. "Plus they'll always be there when you need them. Even if they're just laying beside you snoozing away." Yes, this sixth year was speaking from experience. "Have you got any pets? I'm always looking forward to knowing everyone's pets."

Claudine eyed the drawing, and without a bit of judgement about the amateur artwork, beamed. You see, she remembered how terrible she had been when she started out teaching herself how to draw. "Ash is quite right. I just say, she's improved a great deal over the last year. There was a hint of pride in Claudine's voice. "Anyway, I can always give you tips I you ever want. So to answer your question, yes, I like to draw. Really, really."

The Snakette playfully prodded President under the chin. The kneazle purred happily. "Unfortunately not. I bonded with him during a CoMC lesson a few terms ago. Would you like to hold him? He's friendly."

Old 08-06-2021, 01:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet was so preoccupied looking up in the sky that she hadn't even noticed another student approaching her, but she turned when she heard another girl's voice. It was a first year--Lisa Nam, wasn't it? Violet thought she may have done an exercise with her in class that year, though she was having trouble remembering things lately.

"Oh, Mack is just my pet magpie. It's short for Machiavelli. My first year here I had him inside with me, but later I found out you're only supposed to have cats, rats, toads, and owls in the castle, so I had to leave him out here. But he tends to get into trouble when I leave him alone, and I haven't checked up on him in a while."

Violet took another quick glance up to see if her wandering pet had showed up, but no sign of him, so she turned her attention back to Lisa. "How about yourself? Do you have a pet here, too, or were you just coming down here to look at the creatures?"
Oh,” she said when it made sense. Mack was a magpie. Well a magpie was a cool companion to have! She didn’t know that Violet had one. The next name she heard caused the young Ravenclaw to look very complexed. Macca velli ? What kind of name was that? Sounded Italian and sounded like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. “I’m sorry… Macca whata velley? Can you say that again? What does the name mean?” she asked curiously. There MUST have been a name for it. She tilted her head to the left as she listened to Violet speak more about the adventures of her magpie. “Trouble? What sorts of trouble? He sounds like fun!

Oh? Her pet? She smiled and nodded. “I do have a pet. His name is Pascal. He’s a chameleon. He’s also thoroughly mischievous. He likes to hang out with me but he did sneak into the laundry room a few months back. Alfie and I spent HOURS looking for him..” she began to explain, unintentionally flailing her arms as she described the situation. “But he was at the top shelf in the laundry room…. And we’re short so we couldn’t see him.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
I’m sorry… Macca whata velley? Can you say that again? What does the name mean?” she asked curiously. There MUST have been a name for it. She tilted her head to the left as she listened to Violet speak more about the adventures of her magpie. “Trouble? What sorts of trouble? He sounds like fun!
"Mah Kee uh VELL ee" Violet pronounced more slowly. She'd forgotten she was dealing with a first year here. [b]"He wrote a book called The Prince, which is sort of a book of philosophy, or a guide to taking over the world, depending on how you look at it. History isn't quite clear on whether he was a Muggle or a Wizard, but his name sounded cool to me.[b]" Miss Howard, her governess, had made her read that book, in a time that now seemed long ago. Violet realized that she hadn't written her old governess in quite a while--she couldn't seem to get organized at all this year.

"And trouble? Well, for one thing, he's an awful thief. You see, magpies love shiny things, and they'll pick something up they like and take it off and hide it. I'm always afraid Mack will take something valuable or important that belongs to someone and make off with it, so I try to find where he's made his latest nest each year before school ends and clear it out, just to make sure."

Quote:
Oh? Her pet? She smiled and nodded. “I do have a pet. His name is Pascal. He’s a chameleon. He’s also thoroughly mischievous. He likes to hang out with me but he did sneak into the laundry room a few months back. Alfie and I spent HOURS looking for him..” she began to explain, unintentionally flailing her arms as she described the situation. “But he was at the top shelf in the laundry room…. And we’re short so we couldn’t see him.
"A chameleon? That sounds really interesting," Violet said admiringly. "Can they really change colors to match the objects they're on?" Violet imagined that would make a chameleon pet hard to find if it got away. "And you think your pet might have wandered out here? Or did you bring him out to the Sanctuary yourself, for safekeeping?" This was probably a better place for it than the laundry room, someone might not see it if it looked like a piece of laundry and throw it into the wash by mistake.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

SPOILER!!: Claudine!
Quote:

Claudine was liking Evan even more now. He understood her words more than just in the general sense; he understood creatures. "Plus they'll always be there when you need them. Even if they're just laying beside you snoozing away." Yes, this sixth year was speaking from experience. "Have you got any pets? I'm always looking forward to knowing everyone's pets."

Claudine eyed the drawing, and without a bit of judgement about the amateur artwork, beamed. You see, she remembered how terrible she had been when she started out teaching herself how to draw. "Ash is quite right. I just say, she's improved a great deal over the last year. There was a hint of pride in Claudine's voice. "Anyway, I can always give you tips I you ever want. So to answer your question, yes, I like to draw. Really, really."

The Snakette playfully prodded President under the chin. The kneazle purred happily. "Unfortunately not. I bonded with him during a CoMC lesson a few terms ago. Would you like to hold him? He's friendly."

She was entirely right, and that was why he most wanted his own animal. To have someone to keep him company, especially over the summers when things were still so weird at home. From his own doing, really, but weird none the less. He'd miss the creatures here from Hogwarts until they were back next term. "Well, we have some family pets. And Noah has his own cat, and Lisa has her chameleon Pascal but... not one that can come with me for school." But he was going to try again to get his own cat this summer. His Dad had said they'd consider it in the last letter, so... hopefully.

Evan greatly appreciated that there was no judgement as she looked at his word. He knew it was bad, but it was clear she just saw it as a beginner and a starting point. Which if he continued to draw, he supposed that was exactly what it was. He hadn't seen much of Ash's work before, but it was Claudine who said she'd improved so based on that fact alone Evan was inclined to agree. "Did you show Ash how to draw too?" Or maybe they'd drawn together at times. "That would be awesome if you wouldn't mind!" He was finding that drawing was something that wasn't actually that well taught from a book.

He never would have imagined that existed for any subject!

"He seems really attached to you." The kneazle looked the most happy he'd seen any of these kneazles before. And when she offered for him to hold it, Evan nodded, putting his book down and too the side and reaching out gently for the creature, giving him a small scratch on the head before he actually tried to take him.