sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1088 users online including...
KeithZinue , Andrewvh , Svetlmnv , Kimothy , natethegreat

6 members
1082 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 01-17-2020, 04:17 AM

Default Muggle Studies Lesson 1: the muggle hospital scene

As you walk inside the Muggle Studies classroom you can't help but notice--Wait a minute. Was? There? Much? To? Notice?

For once, everything appears to be absolutely normal! Too normal. Your desks (yes, desks) (no beanbags) are arranged in a large semi-circle with a couple of amphitheater-type rows that face the front of the classroom. Also in front of the classroom is Professor Schmoe (donned in fuchsia), standing up and reading a copy of The Times. Behind him the chalkboard reads "HELLO and WELCOME" in handwriting that may take a you a few minutes to decipher. He asks that you take a seat and pay no mind to the briefcase underneath your seat. No, seriously for reaaaal. They're locked.

Only the observant eye will notice that the walls are three shades whiter than usual. The observant sniffer may note a faint smell of lemon and bleach in the air. Matter of fact? Just about everything in the room screams "antiseptic".

Did.... the chairs feel slightly stiffer than they usually did? Is the air..... stale?

OOC: sup. welcome to our first MS lesson of the year (ooc). seeing as it is mid-october IC, y'alls students would have had plenty of classes with the Schmoe-bro thus far. while you're here, please take a look at the classroom rules. i'll post in about 15ish (give/take, probably give) hours to officially start the lesson. i am EXCITE. ^^

_____ This lesson has officially begun, post as if you've been here the whole time (unless you're willing to face the consequences)!

Lesson Progress:
+ Greetings, earthlings + Question One
+ Question 1 Responses + Question 2
+ Question 2 Responses + MINI-ACTIVITY
+ Final Activity

Old 01-24-2020, 02:37 AM   #101 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Dibs on #TeamPatient next. Also, this is exactly how my students act. LOUD COACHING.
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
................. Uh. "Thanks," was?? it?? a compliment?? Because it didn't sound like one at all. Finneas simply had no idea how to respond, which was the case about 678.5% of the time when it came to this particular Gryffindor. Her next question was QUITE the question and if it weren't for the fact that he was a Professor, he would have chuckled. "A Kelvin is a unit of measurement..." And also a name, he supposed... He could see the logic. "Errr... yes."

O________O And then he was being yelled at. Man, oh, man. What a lesson this has been.
Yes, that was a compliment, not that Bernadette would EVER be so obvious and just say so. She was trying to listen here, okaaaay, and was mostly hearing a regular, steady THUMP THUMP THUMP of Schmoe's heart, so she supposed he had one, and she wrote that down in her steno pad and then pulled the stethoscope thingies out of her ears.

Oh, it was time to wrap up already? Booooo. Bernie frowned but stuffed all her equipment back in her suitcase. Hmm, no lolly in there for Schmoe. "Thanks, sir, for being a patient patient. I'll have to get you a lolly when I can." She patted him on the arm and then went back to her seat before the next activity started.

.... and so she would have her turn to be a patient! Fascinating. Bernie flipped over her card and pushed her faux glasses up her nose again, watching patiently as the Hufflepuff known as Yoyo proceeded to DIE DRAMATICALLY in front of them all.

Was it poison or lack of oxygen? Neither, in her opinion! "GIVE 'ER THE HEIMLICH," Bernie coached Claudine and Phoebe, loudly, from her seat. "She's obviously CHOKING on something, you guys! You might have to intubate her with a pen! I'VE GOT ONE IF YOU NEED IT!" Bernie thrust her trusty ballpoint in the air like the champion she was.

Weren't they glad they had a TA like her on hand for emergencies just like this?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 01-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #102 (permalink)

DMGS
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley174 View Post
Tom picked up a card which said #TeamDoctor, now this was going to be fun. "Professor, you going to let me be your doctor. You could pretend to be ill or something." Tom would be everyone's doctor if he was allowed.
'Hey Tom, you wanna work with me?,' she asked him. Well, he was her friend and she didn't really know anyone else well enough to ask.

Kaira looked at the list of suggested illnesses.

Quote:
Broken Arm
Sprained Ankle
Stomach Bug
Gashing Wound / Deep Cut
In Labor
Dehydration
Hmm..did she wanna work with these or did she wanna come up with something else? How abut nausea?
'Why don't I..pretend to be like super-nauseated all the time? Would you wanna treat that?' she asked, grinning, and giving him a wink. This was going to be funnnn! It was like when she and her sister used to pretend to be doctors and 'treat' each other.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #103 (permalink)
Formerly: Harry174

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Summer Valentine
Gryffindor
Seventh Year
Hufflepuff
x8
Default sorry couldn't resist.
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
'Hey Tom, you wanna work with me?,' she asked him. Well, he was her friend and she didn't really know anyone else well enough to ask.

Kaira looked at the list of suggested illnesses.

Hmm..did she wanna work with these or did she wanna come up with something else? How abut nausea?
'Why don't I..pretend to be like super-nauseated all the time? Would you wanna treat that?' she asked, grinning, and giving him a wink. This was going to be funnnn! It was like when she and her sister used to pretend to be doctors and 'treat' each other.
Tom looked at Kaira and smiled, so she wanted to be super-nauseated, well there was only one thing wrong with this patent. "Your Pregnant, congratulations." Tom pretended to be a doctor. "If that's all, I have plenty of other patients to see." Tom just hoped his new friend could take a joke and wouldn't kill him.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:07 PM   #104 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Default #TeamDoctor
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Suddenly, the direction the class was going on sort of did a 360 and shifted in a completely different direction. In a matter of seconds, it seemed like Isla went from knowing exactly what was going on to knowing nothing about what was going on. But there was Claudine, already up and at 'em and doing a great demonstration of what it was like to be on #TeamDoctor. That was Isla's team, too, so between Claudine, Phoebe, and Bernie, she at least had something to go on.

Well, sort of... Claudine had gotten the oxygen and Phoebe and Bernie were both offering some good moral support. Isla wasn't sure what to do. On one hand, she couldn't just sit here. On the other hand, what else was she supposed to do? "Maybe she needs some water?" Isla suggested. Wouldn't that help with difficulty breathing and choking or whatever else was going on? "I'll get a...cup." Cups? Anybody have cups lying around?

Basically, Yoyo would be good and dead if this was a real life scenario and this was all the help she had.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #105 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This was spiraling into a most beautiful disaster, wasn't it? Finneas wasn't sure whether to intervene or let it.... spiral further. So he just stood and watched it unfold, waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump in and... "YES, YES," he flung his noodle arms into the air. "ON THE NOSE, MS. BELLCHANT!"

Aside from the.... cup thing.

"MAAAAAAYBEEEEEEEE there is a ...... bag of liquid........ in the prop box........? An.......... IV.......... Perhaps.........?" He, um, hinted. It was something they had spoken about in their discussion at the beginning of the class... A liquid bag. To treat the... DEHYDRATED?

You are Lemon!
Old 01-25-2020, 02:13 AM   #106 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default #TeamDoctor
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

A BAG OF LIQUID... oh. For an IV. They were going to stick Yoyo with a needle? Yikes x2. Phoebe kissed Yoyo loudly on the cheeks before climbing off of her friend and giving the professor a little salute. He was the boss of the doctors and patients, so he knew what to do.

"I'm on it, sir. Don't worry, Patient Yoyo. I'll take care of you. And then I'll jab you with a needle." Phoebe bounced (but professionally) to the box and picked up a bag of liquid. Water balloon? Maybe?

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 01-25-2020, 12:28 PM   #107 (permalink)

DMGS
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kaira Parker
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laila Parker
Games & Sports
Smelly cat love|so many books so little time|Loonymione| Lives in Central Perk!|Rave Slither & Huff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley174 View Post
Tom looked at Kaira and smiled, so she wanted to be super-nauseated, well there was only one thing wrong with this patent. "Your Pregnant, congratulations." Tom pretended to be a doctor. "If that's all, I have plenty of other patients to see." Tom just hoped his new friend could take a joke and wouldn't kill him.
Kaira fought hard to suppress her laughter. She mock caressed her stomach lovingly. 'Aww..! If it's a boy, I'll name him Tom after one really fumbling doctor,' she said and winked at him.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #108 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

If Claudine lacked confidence in what she was doing earlier, now she lacked it more than ever. First of all, there was Bernadette shouting at her. Second of all, what the heck was a Heimlich? Thirdly, what what intubation? And with a pen? What? Claudine was so very much confused but at least Phoebe and Isla might have a better idea of what was going on?

It turned out that Isla did as confirmed very dramatically by Schmoe. Bag of liquid? Hadn’t Claudine just seen Phoebe with one of those? Now that she wasn’t needed, the second year quietly melted away from the scene by moving back to her seat.

Everything was under control. Nothing to see here but a disappointed Claudine.

Muggles and their world were so complicated.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 01-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #109 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
Default #Team Patient Anyone?
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

Naya had just finished taking Phoebe’s blood pressure when the professor announced that they were moving on with the activity. After explaining the next task he handed out cards to each of the students. Naya took hers and looked at it. Oh, she was on Team Patient. This was good. She always enjoyed an excuse to ham it up. Her assigned ailment, a sprained ankle. She could do this.

Since there were other students being treated for what ailed them, she found an empty spot and then went to work. Naya began to walk with a huge limp and then hop around on one foot. Her face was filled with what she perceived as extreme fake pain. Taking it over the top, she added painful noises with each step. “Ow, ow, ow!”, she said getting louder and louder. Then she dramatically fell to the ground and grabbed her ankle. Hey, girl in excruciating pain over here! She was ready to pull out the fake tears if she had to.

You are Salt!
Old 01-25-2020, 04:51 PM   #110 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default #TeamDoctor @ Naya
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

SPOILER!!: CATCHUP FROM MINI ACTIVITY HERE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
Great. Good. "Certainly" she agreed with her idea that she goes first.

Carsyn was on board with the two of them being partners, she need not wait for her turn to experiment these tools with Professor Schmoe. He seems like an attentive patient. She placed the 3 medical apparatus on the table and sat on the available chair. Of course she had to fix her hair up into a ponytail and also rolled her sleeves just below her elbows.

Yup. Time to start. Jillian took the stethoscope first and plugged it into her ears with her right arm holding the chestpiece area. She looked at Gryffindor prefect with a wide grin and then excused herself (as she will be invading her personal space now) before placing the larger circular part of diaphragm into her chest area-- you know, to listen her heartbeat as per instructions. "Deep breaths please" she told Carysn- making sure that she took notes of her breathing. She did read that doctors listen to the heartbeat of the patient to make sure it is 'healthy'. Jillian is not entirely sure what an unhealthy breathing sounds like because to her breathing IS breathing... right? No?

Okay... NEXT apparatus!

She still needed the stethoscope for the next one so she didn't set this one aside yet. she then picked up the sphygmomanometer, a rather odd looking apparatus that is used by muggles to check blood pressure. REALLLLLLY ODD. What in Merlin's beard is this thing?

With Carysn's arm ready for her, she wrapped the cuff around her right arm. Making sure that Velcro material is nice and tightly seals it well then placed the larger circular part of diaphragm into her arm, just below the cuff. With the inflation bulb on her right hand and the manometer on her left she glanced back at Carysn once again "Take a long inhale" she spoke and as she did, Jillian started pumping on the bulb, inflating it until it reaches the needed pressure (as indicated in the book). Her fingers slightly moving the air release valve and her eyes and ears ready to take note. Hopefully correct and precise but she's not getting her hopes up too high on her accuracy on this one. Carsyn might end up with a high blood pressure-- who knows what kind of results she is going to give to her fellow prefect. Apologies in advance.

She made a mental note on the first knocking sound she heard on the stethoscope and then the next one. When that was done, she released all the air out and took a long deep breath before returning to her notebook and placing a 118/85 mmHg.

This is correct right? She will have to ask Professor Schmoe about it later.

Last but not the least is the thermometer. Setting both of the apparatus aside, she took the thermometer out of her briefcase and it looks like a glass stick. ANOTHER ODD TOOL TO USE! WHY DO THEY HAVE A LOT OF WEIRD LOOKING STUFF? It looks like a fancy version of a wand. She faced Carsyn- this is the last please be patient with her, and again excusing herself to her, she reached to Carsyn and placed the long metal end underneath the tongue. She waits for the screen until a number will show up.

She had her notebook near her with her pencil ready on her hand. As the number pops up on the screen, she noted it on the paper.

Phew.

Carsyn is now DONE. Jillian, next.

Deep breaths. Yup, she got this even if the little metal piece felt suppperrrr cold and made Carsyn jump slightly at its first touch against skin. But finally Jillian had her reading and then it was onto the blood pressure. Tight, tight, tight.... and then release and the fifth year stared wide-eyed when the older girl wrote down the numbers. What did the numbers mean? Were they high? Was that good? Was she dying because of lack of quidditch and athletics to keep her in good physical condition?

Lastly, the thermometer and it was another weird thing. Why under the tongue??? It had a weird taste and Carsyn was wincing visibly about the thing in her mouth. Ugh, ugh. But before she could complain (though she couldn't talk anyway), it seemed Jillian had her reading for that too, which meant it was Carsyn's turn ....

As the older girl had done for her, the fifth year stuck the earpieces of the stethoscope into her ears and then placed the other end near Jillian's chest, making sure to comment first, "If you don't mind, going to listen to your heart now." And eying the watch too, for timekeeping purposes. 19 beats, 15 seconds. Which times four, meant, .... 76 beats per minute ??? From her quidditch training, that probably made sense since it was a resting heartbeat.

Onto the sphygmomanometer, which was a rather fun word .... "Okay, going to wrap this around your arm," and pump, pump, pump... sliding the little metal thing under the cuff to listen to the blood pressure of her fellow prefect, watching the dial as she did so..... 115/70 ??? Hmm?

Lastly, the thermometer, to which Carsyn wiped the piece with some an alcohol wipe and then jabbed a fresh probe cover over it. "Just stick this under your tongue now." And time on the watch to wait for a minute. Was it just her or was watching the clock seemed to take almost as long as when her temperature was being read? Huh, it was funny how when it came to a quidditch match, time flied but when it was waiting a wholeeeee minute, it seemed to last foreevveerrr... and finally. "Perfect." She grinned, taking the thermometer from the Slytherin's mouth and reading the little number thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas gave Heath an encouraging smile when he came up after Bernadette. He was a nervous patient, but to be fair he was a nervous human being. In general. It was just who he was as a person. AnYwAy. He was rather compliant as Heath began running through the tasks. And quiet too, didn't want to interrupt. Last time he did that he got yelled at. AHEM. "Thank you, Dr. Jones, excellent work, truly," he bobbed his head and gave Heath a big ol' thumbs up.

................. Uh. "Thanks," was?? it?? a compliment?? Because it didn't sound like one at all. Finneas simply had no idea how to respond, which was the case about 678.5% of the time when it came to this particular Gryffindor. Her next question was QUITE the question and if it weren't for the fact that he was a Professor, he would have chuckled. "A Kelvin is a unit of measurement..." And also a name, he supposed... He could see the logic. "Errr... yes."

O________O And then he was being yelled at. Man, oh, man. What a lesson this has been.

But it WaSn'T oVeR yEt!!!!!!!!!

Once Bernadette and Heath had made it back to their seats, Finneas took center stage classroom once again. "Excellent work, everyone!" He could see them all out of his peripherals! And they had done FANTASTICALLY. "If you haven't finished, don't fret. There will be time in our next lesson to continue giving it all a try." But for now, there was still one more thing he wanted them to do!

"For the rest of class we will be doing some improve acting," here he would hold for applause. "Each person will be handed a errrrrrr card that says either Team Doctor OR Team Patient," which meant he was going to start handing the cards out right about NOW. Cool? Cool. "The patient cards will describe a reason as to why the person is at the hospital. If you have one of these cards, you must step out front and act out what is on your card without telling us what it is." Somewhat like charades, yes? Schmoe was not the best explainer, but..... he had thought about this plan for a good while.

"Then Team Doctor will send one individual from their team to treat the patient using any of the props from the supply box!" Which...... He was pulling out from under his desk.... Right........ Now.... ! "Be sure to use their hints and context clues in order to figure out which props you will need to treat your patient properly!"

.... And uh, "Let's begin!"

OOC: hi we've made it to the final activity. This is how it'll go

1. Please label your post as either #TEAMPATIENT or #TEAMDOCTOR to make it easily distinguishable. It will work best if a #TeamPatient post is followed directly by a #TeamDoctor post
2. #TeamPatient: Choose one of the reasons why one would end up in the hospital and act it out for the class (examples have been provided above)
3. #TeamDoctor: Based upon how the patient is acting, come up with a way to help them using supplies from the prop box as needed (examples have been provided above)

You will have until Jan 25 11 PM EST for this activity ^^
Quote:
Naya had just finished taking Phoebe’s blood pressure when the professor announced that they were moving on with the activity. After explaining the next task he handed out cards to each of the students. Naya took hers and looked at it. Oh, she was on Team Patient. This was good. She always enjoyed an excuse to ham it up. Her assigned ailment, a sprained ankle. She could do this.

Since there were other students being treated for what ailed them, she found an empty spot and then went to work. Naya began to walk with a huge limp and then hop around on one foot. Her face was filled with what she perceived as extreme fake pain. Taking it over the top, she added painful noises with each step. “Ow, ow, ow!”, she said getting louder and louder. Then she dramatically fell to the ground and grabbed her ankle. Hey, girl in excruciating pain over here! She was ready to pull out the fake tears if she had to.

Taking her card, it seemed she was going to be playing #teamdoctor and Carsyn waited for the opportunity for a patient to 'snag' and treat. Her dormmate. With an injury that Carsyn recognized allllll too well because it was similar to when she sprained her wrist two summers ago (or was it three?) honestly, it was hard to remember, but all Carsyn knew was that it kept her from trying out for quidditch in her third year.

"Missssss ....." Carsyn jumped up from her seat and raced to the fellow fifth year's side. "Doctor Rose here to attend to you, and it seems you've injured your ... ankle?" Just a guess from the fact that she was clutching her ankle and all. With a gentle touch, Carsyn gingerly patted at her friend's ankle, nodding, "Yup, its a sprain. We're gonna have to wrap it with one of these fancy bandages that you can't get signed and then you get to use these armpit killers for two weeks," She grinned and pointed at the crutches. Honestly, why they haven't redesigned crutches in 2100 was beyond her?? It was ridiculous how archaic these devices were.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 01-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #111 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
Default #Team Patient. Carsyn

SPOILER!!: Carsyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
SPOILER!!: CATCHUP FROM MINI ACTIVITY HERE

Deep breaths. Yup, she got this even if the little metal piece felt suppperrrr cold and made Carsyn jump slightly at its first touch against skin. But finally Jillian had her reading and then it was onto the blood pressure. Tight, tight, tight.... and then release and the fifth year stared wide-eyed when the older girl wrote down the numbers. What did the numbers mean? Were they high? Was that good? Was she dying because of lack of quidditch and athletics to keep her in good physical condition?

Lastly, the thermometer and it was another weird thing. Why under the tongue??? It had a weird taste and Carsyn was wincing visibly about the thing in her mouth. Ugh, ugh. But before she could complain (though she couldn't talk anyway), it seemed Jillian had her reading for that too, which meant it was Carsyn's turn ....

As the older girl had done for her, the fifth year stuck the earpieces of the stethoscope into her ears and then placed the other end near Jillian's chest, making sure to comment first, "If you don't mind, going to listen to your heart now." And eying the watch too, for timekeeping purposes. 19 beats, 15 seconds. Which times four, meant, .... 76 beats per minute ??? From her quidditch training, that probably made sense since it was a resting heartbeat.

Onto the sphygmomanometer, which was a rather fun word .... "Okay, going to wrap this around your arm," and pump, pump, pump... sliding the little metal thing under the cuff to listen to the blood pressure of her fellow prefect, watching the dial as she did so..... 115/70 ??? Hmm?

Lastly, the thermometer, to which Carsyn wiped the piece with some an alcohol wipe and then jabbed a fresh probe cover over it. "Just stick this under your tongue now." And time on the watch to wait for a minute. Was it just her or was watching the clock seemed to take almost as long as when her temperature was being read? Huh, it was funny how when it came to a quidditch match, time flied but when it was waiting a wholeeeee minute, it seemed to last foreevveerrr... and finally. "Perfect." She grinned, taking the thermometer from the Slytherin's mouth and reading the little number thing.

Taking her card, it seemed she was going to be playing #teamdoctor and Carsyn waited for the opportunity for a patient to 'snag' and treat. Her dormmate. With an injury that Carsyn recognized allllll too well because it was similar to when she sprained her wrist two summers ago (or was it three?) honestly, it was hard to remember, but all Carsyn knew was that it kept her from trying out for quidditch in her third year.

"Missssss ....." Carsyn jumped up from her seat and raced to the fellow fifth year's side. "Doctor Rose here to attend to you, and it seems you've injured your ... ankle?" Just a guess from the fact that she was clutching her ankle and all. With a gentle touch, Carsyn gingerly patted at her friend's ankle, nodding, "Yup, its a sprain. We're gonna have to wrap it with one of these fancy bandages that you can't get signed and then you get to use these armpit killers for two weeks," She grinned and pointed at the crutches. Honestly, why they haven't redesigned crutches in 2100 was beyond her?? It was ridiculous how archaic these devices were.

Yay! She had a doctor. Someone wanted to play. Carsyn to the rescue! Naya poured it on. “Oh th-thank you Dr. Rose. I slipped and twisted my ankle, yes. It HURRRRRTS.” Naya added a super pained look for effect. When Carsyn barely touched her ankle, she let out a very loud, OUCH!. Oh yeah, she was milking her moment for all it was worth.

Trying hard to squeeze out some tears, Naya said, “Will the bandage make it feel better?” Sniff, sniff. Ooh and she got crutches too. This was going to be good. “Will you show me how to use the crutches? Please?”. “Cuz, why not? Sniff, sniff.

You are Salt!
Old 01-25-2020, 06:27 PM   #112 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post

Yay! She had a doctor. Someone wanted to play. Carsyn to the rescue! Naya poured it on. “Oh th-thank you Dr. Rose. I slipped and twisted my ankle, yes. It HURRRRRTS.” Naya added a super pained look for effect. When Carsyn barely touched her ankle, she let out a very loud, OUCH!. Oh yeah, she was milking her moment for all it was worth.

Trying hard to squeeze out some tears, Naya said, “Will the bandage make it feel better?” Sniff, sniff. Ooh and she got crutches too. This was going to be good. “Will you show me how to use the crutches? Please?”. “Cuz, why not? Sniff, sniff.
The dramatics! Carsyn was here for it though!! Grinning at her friend .... errrr patient... she nodded empathetically. "I know, I know.... but don't worry, the bandage will help keep things ... secure and in place so you don't twist it anymore than necessary for the ligaments to repair themselves." Mmhm. Quidditch injuries paid off cause she knew this stuff. Ugh, she had to demonstrate the armpit killers?? But okay, why not??

"Sure. So ummmm they should be comfortable under your arms... they're adjustable for different heights too, so like you see how right now someone shorter than me used them," Was Naya shorter than her, she didn't know. "So I'm hunched over. And that shouldn't be. So I just basically am using them to assist my walking so I don't put pressure on the bad foot. They act as a replacement leg." Hopping and moving the crutches alternatively with her 'good leg' to demonstrate. "Wanna give it a go?"

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 01-25-2020, 07:19 PM   #113 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5

SPOILER!!: Carsyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
The dramatics! Carsyn was here for it though!! Grinning at her friend .... errrr patient... she nodded empathetically. "I know, I know.... but don't worry, the bandage will help keep things ... secure and in place so you don't twist it anymore than necessary for the ligaments to repair themselves." Mmhm. Quidditch injuries paid off cause she knew this stuff. Ugh, she had to demonstrate the armpit killers?? But okay, why not??

"Sure. So ummmm they should be comfortable under your arms... they're adjustable for different heights too, so like you see how right now someone shorter than me used them," Was Naya shorter than her, she didn't know. "So I'm hunched over. And that shouldn't be. So I just basically am using them to assist my walking so I don't put pressure on the bad foot. They act as a replacement leg." Hopping and moving the crutches alternatively with her 'good leg' to demonstrate. "Wanna give it a go?"

Ok so the bandage would make things better. Naya needed to tone it down......a little. No more tears, but still a little bit of drama was called for. Naya was really enjoying this. She would have to thank Carsyn later for playing along.

Naya smiled when her housemate demonstrated the crutches. Since she was shorter than Carsyn, she assumed that the crutches would fit her pretty well. Naya slowly hoisted herself up with a few deep breaths and gasps, but no ouches. She took the crutches from the “doctor” and placed them under her arms. “I think they fit doctor”, she said. With her sprained leg bent, Naya hopped along, swinging herself between the crutches. After moving around a bit, she said, “I think I’ve got the hang of it.”. “How long will I have to use the crutches doctor?” She was walking. Dr. Rose was a miracle worker.

You are Salt!
Old 01-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #114 (permalink)
Formerly: Harry174

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Summer Valentine
Gryffindor
Seventh Year
Hufflepuff
x8
Default Professor.
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira fought hard to suppress her laughter. She mock caressed her stomach lovingly. 'Aww..! If it's a boy, I'll name him Tom after one really fumbling doctor,' she said and winked at him.
Tom looked at Kaira and smiled, he was glad his friend could take a joke and in fact was giving it back to him. "Okay, let's see what the problem is." Tom had no idea what he was going to do, maybe use something to check her lungs.

"I think what I would have to do is send you to hospital for a few days, to keep you under observations." Tom didn't want to deal with super-nauseated."

"Professor, can I just sign-off putting Kaira in hospital for a few days so we can keep an eye on her, see if we can see what's happening." Tom would pass to buck so to speak onto someone else.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:19 AM   #115 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default #teampatient but just watching/preparing for now
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath sat bolt upright as Schmoe said the word “acting”. Whoa, this lesson just kept getting better and better! If there was one skill that he was 100% confident about, it was his acting chops. He had this activity in the bag! Now there was just the question of what card he'd get. Hopefully he'd get to play a patient this time! Not that there was anything wrong with being a doctor, just… he'd already done that in the last activity, and a good actor craved variety.

He turned over the card he was handed and read: Team Patient. Yes! He was so excited about getting the role he wanted that he almost forgot to read which illness or injury he was supposed to be acting. Broken leg… Heath thought for a minute, contemplating the best way to portray his "injury" when the time came, and for some reason, a scene from his favorite movie replayed in his mind. He knew exactly what to do now!

Heath was only half paying attention to the other students' performances; he was too busy trying to make himself look as banged up as possible without a proper costume or makeup. He undid the topmost button of his shirt and untied his tie, allowing it to dangle limply around his neck. Then he tucked one side of his shirt collar down to make it look like half of his collar had been ripped off. After rolling up his sleeves and one trouser leg, he adjusted his robes so that the neckline hung off one shoulder. Now he was almost ready - just one more thing! He ruffled his hair, making it fall into his eyes in front and stand up wildly in back. Hmm… he wondered if he had a pen or ink in his bag that he could use to draw scars. Nope, he decided. It might confuse the doctors trying to diagnose him.

Speaking of which. whose turn was it? Heath had gotten so caught up in getting into character that he lost track. He looked up, silently judging watching the two Gryffindor girls' performance. It looked like they'd already figured the diagnosis, so there was no need for his input… not that he would've given it anyway. He was much too shy to blurt out answers to a room full of people! As he quietly awaited his turn, he thought what a shame it was that he didn't have a partner for his act. The scene he had in mind would be much better (read: more dramatic) with two patients! But, alas… too shy to ask anyone!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 01-26-2020, 05:20 AM   #116 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default And that's a wrap!
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Errrrrrrrrr well... This lesson was one rollercoaster, that's for sure. He gave Tom a thumbs up in regards to his concerns, but otherwise turned his attention over to the new doctor/patient duo (Carsyn and Naya). Was everyone in drama club?! Because they were all FANTASTIC! Schmoe was especially impressed with Heath's preparation. Ah, such good fun this was.

And you know what they say about fun?! It makes time fly!

And speaking of flying time, "Oh no!" Yikes! "It looks like we've run out of time! We'll continue this activity tomorrow, but for now please put away your props and pack up your things! I'll errrr see you for our next class!" He was not so great at this time management thing, as it so appeared.

"And keep your eyes peeled for our upcoming long term assignment!" Which would be a SuRpRiSe. A very exciting surprise, for that matter!!!!

OOC: hi, thanks for tuning in! I'll leave this thread open for 8ish more hours if you want to do some wrap up posts!

You are Lemon!