sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1287 users online including...
Stevendalo , Evaogz , FlixexNit , Bobbyeribloom , Gloriafaumb , KeithustFaurf , Thomasovknige , CharlessAvefs

9 members
1278 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 62: September - December 2022

Term 62: September - December 2022 Term Sixty-Two: The Gift of the Peeves (Sept 2108 - June 2109)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2022, 08:18 PM

Default Winged Boars

Graphic credit: Felixir

The main entrance of the school consists of a towering wrought-iron gate, flanked by twin winged boars. These giant stone statues stand up high on either side of the gate, keeping watch over the path leading up to and away from the school. This entrance traditionally keeps the students inside while ensuring anything (and anyone) unwanted is kept out.

The winged boars' gate is kept closed and magically locked during the school year, for the safety and security of the students inside. Other than in exceptional circumstances, the only times you are likely to find the gates open are at the start and end of the school term, when the carriages bring students to and from the nearby train station, and during Hogsmeade weekends, when the way is opened up for students to walk down to the village.

Staff members are the only individuals who can undo the complex enchantments that surround this barrier - measures which have been strengthened further still since the battle at Hogwarts in 2104 - so don't even think about trying break through or sneak your way past. The winged boars will know - which means Javier will know. You don't wanna risk it.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
Default Open post~
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Meredith decided to take a walk around the grounds after her classes were finished for the day in search of more places to photograph.

The girl held her magically altered camera in her hands, the straps still around her neck, and was ready to photograph whatever piqued her interest.

She noticed the sun peeking through the trees in the distance as she approached the main entrance, but it wasn't this sight that drew her attention. As the ray of light hit the boars on top of the stone pillars at the gate from the side, she looked up and lifted her camera to her eye.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Meredith decided to take a walk around the grounds after her classes were finished for the day in search of more places to photograph.

The girl held her magically altered camera in her hands, the straps still around her neck, and was ready to photograph whatever piqued her interest.

She noticed the sun peeking through the trees in the distance as she approached the main entrance, but it wasn't this sight that drew her attention. As the ray of light hit the boars on top of the stone pillars at the gate from the side, she looked up and lifted her camera to her eye.
"HELLO."

Reuben was LOUD as he popped up in front of the camera. He hadn't been sneaking around, but he hoped she hadn't noticed him. It was - what did they call it, again? - OH, PHOTOBOMBING. Because he'd seen the girl with the camera as he'd rounded the corner during his exploration of the grounds, and thought it would be fun!

He didn't contemplate that he might annoy her. Or scare her.

Did she want him to model?! He could do that!

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 09-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
"HELLO."

Reuben was LOUD as he popped up in front of the camera. He hadn't been sneaking around, but he hoped she hadn't noticed him. It was - what did they call it, again? - OH, PHOTOBOMBING. Because he'd seen the girl with the camera as he'd rounded the corner during his exploration of the grounds, and thought it would be fun!

He didn't contemplate that he might annoy her. Or scare her.

Did she want him to model?! He could do that!
When a face appeared up close in her camera lens, she did not flinch. She didn't even scream either. She had frozen, that was how much the younger guy had scared her.

Meredith recovered her composure and lowered her camera to look at him with her own blue eyes before shifting her gaze to the winged boar. The light had changed, and it was no longer special "You ruined my shot, why did you do that?" she said disappointedly.
Old 09-13-2022, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
When a face appeared up close in her camera lens, she did not flinch. She didn't even scream either. She had frozen, that was how much the younger guy had scared her.

Meredith recovered her composure and lowered her camera to look at him with her own blue eyes before shifting her gaze to the winged boar. The light had changed, and it was no longer special "You ruined my shot, why did you do that?" she said disappointedly.
Reuben couldn't keep his composure. Once he'd shouted hello at the camera, he burst out laughing. Full on, bent over clutching his stomach, howling laughter emanated from the first year, and he barely heard the older girl over the noise he was making. After a moment, though, he managed to straighten up, the grin on his face threatening to breaking into more laughter at any minute.

"Funny, wasn't it?" he said with a shrug, before turning around to see what she'd been pointing the camera at. "What were you trying to take a photo of, anyway?" It all seemed pretty dull to him.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________

Old 09-16-2022, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Reuben couldn't keep his composure. Once he'd shouted hello at the camera, he burst out laughing. Full on, bent over clutching his stomach, howling laughter emanated from the first year, and he barely heard the older girl over the noise he was making. After a moment, though, he managed to straighten up, the grin on his face threatening to breaking into more laughter at any minute.

"Funny, wasn't it?" he said with a shrug, before turning around to see what she'd been pointing the camera at. "What were you trying to take a photo of, anyway?" It all seemed pretty dull to him.
Despite her disappointment at not being able to take a picture, his laughter was contagious, and Meredith did her hardest not to smile.

No, she was furious right now. She could not smile!

"Not at all..."

Meredith sighed as she stared up at the statue, softly biting the inside of his cheek to keep from smiling. "The light caught the statue just right, and I wanted to capture it" she explained. "Do you always jump in front of cameras to ruin their photos?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Peeves
Resident School Poltergeist | Unruly & Malicious

Do you see Peevesie? Probably not, seeing as he was currently completely invisible as he flew out over the grounds, taking a merry stroll... air stroll... and breathing some BRISK fresh air.

Oh, what's this? Unable to resist a little snicker to himself (stealth missions worked best as sprints, not marathons, after all), Peeves untucked his invisible book from under his invisible arm and brandished it at the girl (Meredith) holding the camera, bestowing upon her a most wooooonderful GIFT and waiting to see what the both of them might make of it.

"Hehehe."

P.S. Your bowtie is crooked. And your pink thestral pony is super girly.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Despite her disappointment at not being able to take a picture, his laughter was contagious, and Meredith did her hardest not to smile.

No, she was furious right now. She could not smile!

"Not at all..."

Meredith sighed as she stared up at the statue, softly biting the inside of his cheek to keep from smiling. "The light caught the statue just right, and I wanted to capture it" she explained. "Do you always jump in front of cameras to ruin their photos?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head.
"It so was," Reuben countered, frowning a little. Her denial of the AMUSEMENT of what he'd done almost wiped the smile from the first years face. Almost.

He glanced around at the statues again, trying to see what the girl had seen, what she'd been trying to capture. But he couldn't see what was so good about it, really, and so he shrugged and turned back around again. "They're weird looking things, aren't they?" he offered instead. Because that was something he could see.

Shaking his head, Reuben said, "I wasn't ruining it. It was a photobomb! It's funny." He was quite insistent now. And that should be enough answer to her question. Yes, he did do it a lot.

LOL.

Old 09-17-2022, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
Default and Peeves of course

Quote:
"It so was," Reuben countered, frowning a little. Her denial of the AMUSEMENT of what he'd done almost wiped the smile from the first years face. Almost.

He glanced around at the statues again, trying to see what the girl had seen, what she'd been trying to capture. But he couldn't see what was so good about it, really, and so he shrugged and turned back around again. "They're weird looking things, aren't they?" he offered instead. Because that was something he could see.

Shaking his head, Reuben said, "I wasn't ruining it. It was a photobomb! It's funny." He was quite insistent now. And that should be enough answer to her question. Yes, he did do it a lot.

LOL.
".....OK, it was kind of" she whispered, unable to hide her irritation at this clearly cheerful kid. But what was not humorous to her was that he had scared her so badly; was he going to compensate if she had dropped her camera as a result of him?! She doubted it, although it did hang around his neck on a strap, so the chances of it dropping to the ground were minimal...

"Photobomb?"

she asked, despite knowing what the term meant. This was why she disliked photographing people. They were unpredictable. But she'd grown curious... "I wonder if I captured your 'photobomb.'" she said slowly, her gaze fixed on her camera. "I'll have to develop them in the potions laboratory to see" she continued, intending to ask the guy his name when something peculiar happened.

Meredith had felt something hit her before she struck the ground. Her camera's chances of dropping to the ground were slim, but never zero. The Gryffindor tried to push herself off of the ground and sit up when she realized that she had ...fur?

The girl, or rather the ferret leapt up in fright and circled about to examine her new animal body. What was going on?! Had he cast a curse on her?! She squeaked in astonishment.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
".....OK, it was kind of" she whispered, unable to hide her irritation at this clearly cheerful kid. But what was not humorous to her was that he had scared her so badly; was he going to compensate if she had dropped her camera as a result of him?! She doubted it, although it did hang around his neck on a strap, so the chances of it dropping to the ground were minimal...

"Photobomb?"

she asked, despite knowing what the term meant. This was why she disliked photographing people. They were unpredictable. But she'd grown curious... "I wonder if I captured your 'photobomb.'" she said slowly, her gaze fixed on her camera. "I'll have to develop them in the potions laboratory to see" she continued, intending to ask the guy his name when something peculiar happened.

Meredith had felt something hit her before she struck the ground. Her camera's chances of dropping to the ground were slim, but never zero. The Gryffindor tried to push herself off of the ground and sit up when she realized that she had ...fur?

The girl, or rather the ferret leapt up in fright and circled about to examine her new animal body. What was going on?! Had he cast a curse on her?! She squeaked in astonishment.
The older girl agreeing that it was HILARIOUS - however reluctantly - meant Reubens smile stayed on his face. The idea that she'd captured the moment had him moving a little closer, bouncing on his toes. "You wanna go now?" he asked eagerly. He'd never seen photos developed before, and it sounded interesting. Plus, he needed to know if she'd caught him in the photo - this was important information!

Except -- hang on... what had happened?! He'd blinked and the girl was GONE. But he thought you couldn't apparate at Hogwarts, otherwise he'd be out there trying to learn and!!

It was the movement that caught his eye. And it took him a few more blinks to realise what he was seeing. A ferret! Where the girl had been!! The first year took a few steps back, raising his hands up in defense.

"IT WASN'T ME!" He wouldn't even know HOW to turn someone into a ferret!!!

Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Peeves
Resident School Poltergeist | Unruly & Malicious

Speaking of FUNNY, Peeves couldn't help himself; still invisible, he let out an evil joyous and evil cackle at the product of his handiwork, not to mention the reaction of the other wee student.

Oh yes, old Peevesy was having enormous amounts of fun today.

"HE DID IT! HEEEEEEE DID IT!!!!!" the poltergeist bellowed, remaining unseen - though as he projected his voice far and wide, only the youngest young'ins were unlikely to know Peeves by his dulcet tones. "THIS LITTLE HUFFLEPUFF IS TURNING POOR INNOCENT STUDENTS INTO FERRETS!"

His work now done, Peeves flew up into the air and made to zoom off to find some new targets. But not before pausing, looking back, and using his book to send a little hocus pocus towards the boy (Reuben) as well.

*snicker*

P.S. Your bowtie is crooked. And your pink thestral pony is super girly.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Jude (Ali) + Reuben and the ferret..
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Bella was a fairly new cat owner and that was why she worried probably more than others did for her cat's wellbeing and whereabouts. After classes finally ended for the day the dark haired sixth year snake girl headed out the winged boars way to wait for Jude. They were having a date cat date. Looking around for Millie she sighed heavily as she spotted her ginormus cat sitting atop the left winged boar and pruning her fur without a care in the world.

Bella was then distracted by Peeves bellowing voice. Turning around quickly she let her eyes dart around until she spotted first a first year boy (Reuben) and then a ferret (Meredith). Sudden moves were not good which was why she in a minute was surrounded by a swarm of butterflies again. This was getting annoying. Was the ferret a student? To the boy (Reuben) Bella called over "What's going on?". It was best to not jump to conclusions and get the facts before she fetched Groundskeeper Hernandez or better maybe Professor Paton.
Old 09-24-2022, 02:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Heeey, my people! ^_^
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Dates with Bella are some that Jude enjoyed to the maximum! He really enjoyed his friend’s company, and he knew he was going to enjoy the new furbaby’s as well. Ned was going to enjoy both as well, he just knew it! Speaking of his little Ned… the cat was chasing some insect even as he padded along beside Jude. The Hufflepuff laughed softly in amusement; Ned and his antics were such a joy to watch!

Jude quite missed the whole episode with Peeves for when he arrived at the Winged Boars, the poltergeist was gone. But he did see Bella, Millie, Rueben and a ferret {HUH?!} up ahead. “Come on, Ned!’’ With the cat at his side, Jude jogged ahead to the group.

“Hey, guys! Um… Reuben, I didn’t know you had a pet ferret. So cool!”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-24-2022, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

"PEEVES!"

Javier had seen the poltergeist fly past his window when he'd been grading in his hut, and he knew that was NEVER a good thing. Why was Peeves so BORED this year? Thankfully Javier knew he could use his power as Slytherin Head of House to get the Bloody Baron to reign him in later, but why did he feel like he was doing that more and more often?

"Leave the kids alone. Stay in the school and out of my sight if you don't want the Baron coming in and taking things over," he snapped at him before looking at the students who were gathered.

"Are you all ok?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 09-24-2022, 11:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

If Meredith hadn't turned into a ferret, she would have offered to show Reuben how the photographs were created.

She felt strange in her new form; she could still think and knew what her name was and that she had transformed into a ferret, but she also had the urge to climb and run around.

That's exactly what she did. She dashed to the right pillar and began climbing up onto the winged boar. It didn't go exactly as planned because she wasn't used to her new body and slipped down a few times before reaching the top.

That's when she heard the laughter. Meredith the ferret turned around to look for Peeves but couldn't find him. She heard more voices and looked down to see that a small crowd had gathered, and when the Groundskeeper asked if they were okay, she squeaked loudly.

She was fine. But it's also not.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Jude quite missed the whole episode with Peeves for when he arrived at the Winged Boars, the poltergeist was gone. But he did see Bella, Millie, Rueben and a ferret {HUH?!} up ahead. “Come on, Ned!’’ With the cat at his side, Jude jogged ahead to the group.

“Hey, guys! Um… Reuben, I didn’t know you had a pet ferret. So cool!”
Bella had like Jude missed the almost the whole episode with Peeves. She had though heard his distinctive cackling voice that was hard to forget. The poltergeist was awfully active this year with his shenanigans wasn't he? As Jude joined the little group with his cat by his side Bella smiled "Hi Jude! Hi Ned!" she said with a downward glance to Jude's cat that was playing with an insect.

Looking up at her own ginormous cat she ordered "Millie, come down now and meet Jude!" Her big cat stopped with her pruning after a few moments and actually did what Bella wanted which was a first. Millie didn't really do what her owner wanted. She had her own ideas. Gesturing to her yellowish and brown maine coon cat she introduced to Jude mostly. "Here is Millie, my new maine coon."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
"PEEVES!"

Javier had seen the poltergeist fly past his window when he'd been grading in his hut, and he knew that was NEVER a good thing. Why was Peeves so BORED this year? Thankfully Javier knew he could use his power as Slytherin Head of House to get the Bloody Baron to reign him in later, but why did he feel like he was doing that more and more often?

"Leave the kids alone. Stay in the school and out of my sight if you don't want the Baron coming in and taking things over," he snapped at him before looking at the students who were gathered.

"Are you all ok?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.
Bella was about to repeat her question to Reuben and look closer at the ferret when Groundskeeper Hernandez showed up to inquire about their well being. Nodding Bella said "Hi professor Hernandez. Yes, I'm all right. I think Peeves might have done something to Reuben though." She said with a gesture to the first year hufflepuff in the group.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Reuben was completely shocked when the loud voice shouted, and he whipped around wildly trying to find the source. He didn't immediately recognise it, after all. Of course, had he been able to see the poltergeist, he would have know who it was, but right now he was terribly confused. And also worried - had he, somehow, managed to turn the girl into a ferret?! He couldn't possible be to blame!!!!

And, as if cued by his stressing, steam began to pour from his ears.

He couldn't see it happening, exactly, but he could feel it. And he could see that steam was gathering around him and oh Merlin's underpants! this was a complete disaster. A disaster that was only getting worse when another older girl arrived. And before he even had a chance to answer her question, there was an older boy, and Reuben was trying to tell them that he didn't have a pet ferret, that it was a girl and she'd just turned into a ferret and it might have been his fault and now he was steaming, literally, from the ears and Merlin, Merlin, Merlin, except none of this was coming out in sentences, just a jumble of words punctuated with him wafting steam away from himself and mumbling about not wanting to get expelled.

When the Groundskeeper arrived, Reuben looked up at him, his eyes wide and worried. Even more worried than they'd been when the girl had first turned into a ferret, because now he was SURELY about to face expulsion.

"I don't know what happened! We were talking about- and then she changed into a ferret-and then someone was shouting but I couldn't see them and then- then this," he exclaimed, punctuating his final point by waving away some more steam that had gathered in front of his face. Thank goodness he didn't wear glasses.

Old 10-01-2022, 11:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Oh, there was Hernandez too and he was asking if the group was okay. Jude figured the question didn’t apply to him because he hadn’t been there earlier, for… whatever… it was that had happened. His eyes did follow the ferret as it tried to climb the pillar, and he did feel a pang of pity as he watched it struggle to do that. Perhaps he could offer some help? Or Reuben, maybe?

At least Ned was distracted enough to not pay the ferret any attention; Jude didn’t want him chasing the ferret. OH! THAT was Bella’s Millie! “WHAT A CUTIE!’’ he remarked enthusiastically. “Hi, Millie! It’s great to finally meet you. That there is Ned.” The Hufflepuff gestured to the cat who had abandoned the insect to approach Millie cautiously. The cat stood at Jude’s feet and stared at Millie as though sizing her up. “I’m glad you took my advice, Bells!” He knew Bella wouldn’t be disappointed in owning a cat.

Um…

Jude stared in shock as Reuben started pouring steam from his ears. And before the sixth year knew it, his brain was trying to grapple with the fact that the ferret had actually been human?! Like…

Old 10-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Bellas eyes widened in shock as Reuben words finally sunk in, the ferret was actually a human girl, a student that went to Hogwarts. It hadn't been easy to make sense of a all Reubens jumbled words with all the steam coming out of his ears, but Bella understood that much. "I believe you Reuben. I don't think you turned a girl into a ferret." What she believed had little weight though, he needed to convince Groundskeeper Hernanandez of his innocence. Thinking about her own sort of butterfly power she asked with a glance to her head of house. [b]"Professor can't this be another case of the weird things that are happening right now around school? Like I can make butterfly swarms appear?"[/]

Trying to not think about who the ferret student could be Bella focused her attention on Millie and Ned that were eyeing each other up and she was troubled by it. Licking her lips she asked her friend "Jude, why are our cats staring at each other? Should i be worried?"
Old 10-02-2022, 07:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Mentions!!
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Javier vaguely registered that there was a ferret...thing at their feet (Meredith), but he hadn't thought anything of it. These kids had so many different types of animals - none of which had been permitted when HE was at school - that he was hardly phased by anything anymore.

"Wait hold on, back up...Reuben turned someone into a ferret?" he asked with a blink. That didn't track at all. First off that was highly advanced magic, and even having known the young Darcy-Stemp boy for a short time, he highly doubted he was the type to turn his classmates into ferrets. "Is that...is that a student?!" he asked, eyes widening as he pointed to the ferret on the ground that was squeaking up at him.

UH OK OK. What spell turned ferrets back into humans?! Was there a spell for that? Transfiguration was NOT his strong suit.

Now Reuben was poured steam out of his ears, which was...a whole different problem but he had to deal with the ferret student first. He looked at Bella and nodded. "I do think that is EXACTLY what's going on here, Miss Connolly," he said in agreement. Now WHAT did he do about this?

"What happened RIGHT before she turned into a ferret?" he asked. He still didn't even know who SHE was as no one had told him who the student was, just that she was a she. "And um...keep those cats away from her," he added, looking down at the felines who were currently looking like they might break out into a brawl at any moment...

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 10-02-2022, 08:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

With steam still pouring from his ears, Reuben watched the ferret worriedly. Was he worried that the girl was a ferret, or was he worried that people would think he'd done it on purpose, or was he worried that he'd actually somehow done it on purpose?! Could he be equally worried about all possible outcomes? He didn't know the other older girl, but he offered her a grateful look all the same.

The Professor, however! Reuben was agHAST that he would even think that. But not too surprised - Professors were bound to think the worst of him! "I don't think I did - I didn't mean to!" he insisted. The first year didn't even know how you would go about doing that, and if he wanted to learn (which was probably on his list of things to learn at school), he wasn't thinking about that right now.

He turned to watch the ferret some more. "Nothing really. She was telling me about her camera and photos and then ------- she was a ferret."

Old 10-03-2022, 08:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Meredith sat on her big throne on top of the pillar, sniffing at the two cats below her and instinctively knew to keep out of their way. She could hear fragments of the discussions below her, but all she wanted to do was run across the vast grounds that encircled the school.

She was captivated by the steam pouring out of the boy's ears. She squeaked at the steam as she stood on top of the winged boar to get a better view. How interesting! She squeaked again but her voice had gotten a bit deeper. A bit more...human.

She had turned back into herself just as swiftly as she had changed into a ferret. The issue was that when she had changed back, she was crouched on top of the pillar and due to her lack of balance, the Gryffindor lost her footing and slipped off sideways, eliciting a surprised yelp as she fell.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default Sorry for the late reply :/

Jude was having the same train of thought as Bella regarding their cats. “Uh… yeah. We should be. I think they’re sizing each other up and… well, Ned usually takes to other cats quickly but…” That didn’t seem to be the case with Millie. He quickly scooped Ned into his arms, cradling him like a baby. “I think I’ll hang onto him for a bit for his and Millie’s safety. And for the ferret’s. I mean, student.” Whichever student that was up there.

Looking around at the group, he was inclined to agree that euben could not have turned anyone into a ferret - or any animal for that matter. First years didn’t have that skill, right? Jude moved closer to Bella, letting Hernandez handle the situation. And yes, he was keeping a secure hold on Ned. As the ferret squeaked, the sixth year glanced in its direction. Was it just him or did the little creature seemed rather interested in Reuben? Then… OH NO!

Balancing Ned in one hand, he used the free one to draw his wand. “Arresto Momentum!” The ‘M’- shaped wand movement was made in the ferret’s direction.