sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1087 users online including...

1 members
1086 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 62: September - December 2022

Term 62: September - December 2022 Term Sixty-Two: The Gift of the Peeves (Sept 2108 - June 2109)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2022, 08:19 PM

Default The Climbing Tree

Graphic credit: Felixir

Standing squarely in the middle of an otherwise featureless lawn is an immense oak tree with sprawling, high-reaching branches, its foliage thick and rich with natural colour, depending on the time of year. The tree is taller than it has any right to be, and seems ideal for climbing. That is, indeed, what your benevolent groundskeeper had in mind when he grew it.

The very lowest branches jut out six feet or so above the ground, but if you can't reach or haul yourself onto these, there are little nooks and conveniently located knots in the trunk to get you started. Up in the higher branches, you'll find platforms and maybe a basic treehouse structure or two, but the real fun to be had is in traversing the tree itself.

Climbing tree though it is, this area also serves as a pleasant meeting place, the vast canopy of leaves providing plenty of shade in the summer months. A plank swing dangles from one of the lower branches, and a tyre swing from another.

It's pretty difficult to confuse this tree with the Whomping Willow. For starters, you're in an entirely different part of the grounds. Not to mention, the climbing tree is an oak, and (presumably) won't maim you for trying to climb it. All the same, you're expected to treat this place with respect. Don't act like a fool, especially when you're high up in the tree. If you do happen to fall, the slowing and softening charms in place around this area will kick in, and you will come to no great harm.

Do as you please here, as long as its within school rules. Relax. Have fun. Go wild.

But maybe not too wild. Javier doesn't have any medical training, after all.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default For Joel & Aria's big bro! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

“Catch me if you can!”

Aria let out a giggle and broke into a run for the Climbing Tree. It was highly unfair giving herself a lead start but in her defense, Caes was taller and could cover more ground than her in more strides. She glanced over her shoulder, adjusting the bag on her shoulders as she did so. OOOH! There was NO WAY she was letting big brother win this!

She was still laughing as she arrived at the tree. Merlin! It felt so good to be having a good time with Caes again! “Last one to the top has to do the dishes for the entire Christmas vacation at home!’’ Even before the words were out of Aria’s mouth, she had taken a big jump as she could muster to reach the lowest branch. With that boost, she began climbing.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-05-2022, 02:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
“Catch me if you can!”

Aria let out a giggle and broke into a run for the Climbing Tree. It was highly unfair giving herself a lead start but in her defense, Caes was taller and could cover more ground than her in more strides. She glanced over her shoulder, adjusting the bag on her shoulders as she did so. OOOH! There was NO WAY she was letting big brother win this!

She was still laughing as she arrived at the tree. Merlin! It felt so good to be having a good time with Caes again! “Last one to the top has to do the dishes for the entire Christmas vacation at home!’’ Even before the words were out of Aria’s mouth, she had taken a big jump as she could muster to reach the lowest branch. With that boost, she began climbing.

Wasn't this race supposed to be fair? Hah. "Heeeey," Caes managed when his little sis took off. One moment they were having a casual walk across the grounds, the next she leaped frog over him taking him by surprise as he landed on his stomach to her giggling. He wasn't down for the count though as he immediately dashed after her.

Indeed his long legs made him reach up to her within arm's sight.. when she jumped up to the tree. Welp, so much for the win as he began laughing, "Just the dishes? How about room cleaning on top of that?" They no longer had the "no magic" rule stopping them from making things easier at home. Once he reached the trees, Caes could feel himself back in his element from all the tree scavenging back at Koldovstoretz. Pushing himself easily reaching one branch after the other. "You know Dad James had me help with painting the shed, I have a feeling he'll have a special project for you when we're back home." He seemed to love tying painting and family bonding together at once.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Luther realized he had some free time between classes so he decided to try to learn what the Grounds are like. The Climbing Tree looked like a great place to begin his adventure through the Grounds. He heard some voices coming from the tree above and wondered whether he should try to climb or go see somewhere else on the grounds.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default + a mention of Luther ^_^

SPOILER!!: Caes! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Wasn't this race supposed to be fair? Hah. "Heeeey," Caes managed when his little sis took off. One moment they were having a casual walk across the grounds, the next she leaped frog over him taking him by surprise as he landed on his stomach to her giggling. He wasn't down for the count though as he immediately dashed after her.

Indeed his long legs made him reach up to her within arm's sight.. when she jumped up to the tree. Welp, so much for the win as he began laughing, "Just the dishes? How about room cleaning on top of that?" They no longer had the "no magic" rule stopping them from making things easier at home. Once he reached the trees, Caes could feel himself back in his element from all the tree scavenging back at Koldovstoretz. Pushing himself easily reaching one branch after the other. "You know Dad James had me help with painting the shed, I have a feeling he'll have a special project for you when we're back home." He seemed to love tying painting and family bonding together at once.

Poor Caes. He wasn’t hurt, was he? Aria would never want that. It would make her very sad, but in that moment, she couldn’t help but have a little fun with him - even if she hadn’t been fair in her hasty departure for the Tree. Listen, the fact that she had come of age was still new to her. Poor Aria forgot that she no longer had to feel like a house elf while completing her designated chores. Aria still forgot about this nifty fact but how could she back down from a challenge being thrown at her??

“You are SO on, Caes!’’ OOH, she couldn’t wait to make him regret his words! Aria climbed like she had never climbed before in her life. Those knots and crevices certainly helped. Her thin arms did not and pretty soon she was beginning to get winded. Not that this daddies’ princess was going to let big bro know that. “I heard about that. Did you have fun?” Aria did not cease her climbing but she did take one ginormous breath. “PFFFFF!” That sound covered the fact that she had puffed out an exhausted breath. “Painting is my thing so it wouldn’t be a chore, anyway. IF I lost.” She reached a platform and scrambled onto it in relief. “By the way, my room needs new wallpaper. It’s starting to fade so you’re going to go wallpaper shopping with me THEN you’re going to take out all the old ones and replace them.” Aria cackled in delight at her masterplan. Taking a look down, she saw a young Gryffindor {Luther} and she waved to him. Would he like to join the climb?

“Okay! This platform is too low. Onto the next!”

Bye, Caes!

PS: Aria still loved you very much, even when she was leaving you in the dust.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Caes did briefly wonder if Aria had taken a lucky potion with the speed she seemed to be climbing. "It wasn't bad, until he started singing old songs and trying to dance," In an endearing way, of course. He couldn't help the occasionally cringe feeling even when it was amusing. "Figured I'd warn you since we know how their music taste goes," He momentarily slipped from not looking, but the sound of him slipping mixed in with the sound Aria made. "Oh, is that part of the deal? Winner also picks the decoration?" Grinning up, as he took the next step up. He was about to pick up speed when he checked to see who Aria was waving at.

It was a younger bloke (Luther), who looked familiar somehow, who seemed to be staring up in their direction. He could wave to and then continue climbing.. or maybe be a bit nice, "Hey kid, you want to climb up too? It's pretty easy, " The tree was free for all. Whether he joined them or not, he continued ascending

Caes started feeling himself gain more speed somehow as her figure wasn't getting smaller but still a ways away. "Once you lose Aria, you'll have to clear out under the bed, I might have left a pizza box under," Given about... a week or so ago. "And try not to fall in the secret spot," That only so few people knew about.

Old 09-06-2022, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Luther looked up to the Slytherin students (Caes and Aria) climbing the tree, smiled and waved back and said "Sure", then thought 'Might be a great vantage point.', with that Luther started climbing. As his hands and feet prodded and found suitable places to climb, his mind wandered to the big oak back at home. Just when he was thinking about the shade of his tree, his hand slipped and he caught himself just before slipping altogether. He wondered if there was any kind of protection at the base. Leo never allowed him to climb his tree without him there and protective spells not applied. The thought of his friend brought a smile to Luther's face and warmth spread in him. With a renewed vigour Luther continued climbing.

Last edited by Freyr; 09-06-2022 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 09-08-2022, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Caes & Luther! <3
Quote:

Caes did briefly wonder if Aria had taken a lucky potion with the speed she seemed to be climbing. "It wasn't bad, until he started singing old songs and trying to dance," In an endearing way, of course. He couldn't help the occasionally cringe feeling even when it was amusing. "Figured I'd warn you since we know how their music taste goes," He momentarily slipped from not looking, but the sound of him slipping mixed in with the sound Aria made. "Oh, is that part of the deal? Winner also picks the decoration?" Grinning up, as he took the next step up. He was about to pick up speed when he checked to see who Aria was waving at.

It was a younger bloke (Luther), who looked familiar somehow, who seemed to be staring up in their direction. He could wave to and then continue climbing.. or maybe be a bit nice, "Hey kid, you want to climb up too? It's pretty easy, " The tree was free for all. Whether he joined them or not, he continued ascending

Caes started feeling himself gain more speed somehow as her figure wasn't getting smaller but still a ways away. "Once you lose Aria, you'll have to clear out under the bed, I might have left a pizza box under," Given about... a week or so ago. "And try not to fall in the secret spot," That only so few people knew about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Luther looked up to the Slytherin students (Caes and Aria) climbing the tree, smiled and waved back and said "Sure", then thought 'Might be a great vantage point.', with that Luther started climbing. As his hands and feet prodded and found suitable places to climb, his mind wandered to the big oak back at home. Just when he was thinking about the shade of his tree, his hand slipped and he caught himself just before slipping altogether. He wondered if there was any kind of protection at the base. Leo never allowed him to climb his tree without him there and protective spells not applied. The thought of his friend brought a smile to Luther's face and warmth spread in him. With a renewed vigour Luther continued climbing.

She was NOT using such a thing! Really, Caes. Did you think Aria couldn’t beat you on her own? Orrr did it occur to you that YOU might be lucky to her, even if it was working against you? Aria really could see dad James doing exactly that and immediately she pictured the exact scene Caes had described with such clarity that one would think she had actually been there. The result made her laugh heartily. “Well, I wouldn’t be needing that warning but thank you. Next time, he’s going to make you dance and sing with him and I’ll be there to catch it on video.” Said video would come in handy for blackmailing reminiscing purposes! She had missed Caes slipping since she was so caught up in her own near death breathing issues. “Oh nononononooo, silly brother. I will do the picking because I’m not fond of your tastes at all times.” Was she throwing shade about his like for Violet Blackthorne? Yes, she was.

Okay. That’s it. Once she made it to the second platform, Aria was DONE with this climbing nonsense. Her arms were screaming for her to stop now. She hoped {Luther} fared better than she did. The sixth year could tell that Caes was falling behind since his voice sounded further than earlier. HA!!! Better check…” PUFF! “Again!” PUFF! “Because…” PUFFFFF! “I’m way ahead!” PUFFFFF!

AHA! The second platform! Aria hauled herself onto it with great difficulty. Resting her palms on her knees, she huffed and puffed to catch her breath. “I win!’’ she declared still somewhat breathlessly as she straightened up after a while. “And you’re so yucky, Caeson Dominic Hawkins! You’re lucky I don’t tell our fathers what you get up to!” But she was laughing again. “Anyway, you’ll have to clean your room yourself. I’ll be supervising.’’ And she was NOT going to fall into that secret space. NOT AGAIN!

Aria waited for Caes to join her on the platform then quickly and spontaneously hugged him. “Please don’t go off into the big world out there and leave me after you graduate,’’ she told him. It was a rare moment of vulnerability for her but she had been thinking more and more often about Caes being free to do what he wanted to do next year. It was stupid, she knew, being clingy to one’s sibling but he was a big part of her life now and if he moved on and forgot about her, she would bawl her eyes out.

Releasing the older Slytherin, she peered over the platform at {Luther}. Aria was just in time to see him slip and called out reassurance to him. “There’s a Cushioning Charm at the bottom so don’t worry about accidentally falling, friend!’’

Old 09-08-2022, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Caes did happen to catch what Aria meant by his tastes all too well. Shaking his head, as much as he'd like for Aria to be accepting of Violet, he decided to not mention her. A bit surprising on how much time had passed since he thought of her. But that thought was interrupted on the threat of him being recorded,"Hah, I don't think you'd get much galleons off us dancing," He was not an expert at all but a step ahead of his parents.

Despite his speed, it was clear that headstart earlier and him slipping would be costing the race. It seems his choice of distraction kicked up Aria's speed. Huh, she just might have a backup career here. Caes did look down to see if (Luther) was having trouble but they seemed to be handling themselves just fine. "You're doing great, kid," Before he finally pulled himself up the final platform.

Okay, she won. "Yep, you sure did. I did good letting you get ahead of me," Smiling. Hey, he had to do the big brother duty of humbling his little sis just a tad. Not long after his smile dropped at the surprise hug, his smile returned but not of a teasing or menacing fashion. "I wouldn't be that far away.. I could see if Darius is up for having a roommate.. assuming I get accepted to a local team," His thoughts on joining a pro-Quidditch team had been rising in him, hence his practicing. But if that didn't fare... "You said it yourself, we're sticking together no matter what." Especially when he had begun to feel like he had a real home and a true family.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Luther heard the Slytherin boy (Caes) encouraging him and huffed a "Thank you." Then he heard the girl (Aria) talking about the cushioning charm. So, Hogwarts used the spells Leo used too. At least similar ones. As Luther reached the platform the Slytherins were at, he said "Hi there, I am Luther. Did you say there was cushioning charm at the bottom? Is it 100% safe?". Remembering his mission, Luther added, "Also, any advice on exploring the Grounds if you don't mind me asking?"
Old 09-11-2022, 08:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

Caes did happen to catch what Aria meant by his tastes all too well. Shaking his head, as much as he'd like for Aria to be accepting of Violet, he decided to not mention her. A bit surprising on how much time had passed since he thought of her. But that thought was interrupted on the threat of him being recorded,"Hah, I don't think you'd get much galleons off us dancing," He was not an expert at all but a step ahead of his parents.

Despite his speed, it was clear that headstart earlier and him slipping would be costing the race. It seems his choice of distraction kicked up Aria's speed. Huh, she just might have a backup career here. Caes did look down to see if (Luther) was having trouble but they seemed to be handling themselves just fine. "You're doing great, kid," Before he finally pulled himself up the final platform.

Okay, she won. "Yep, you sure did. I did good letting you get ahead of me," Smiling. Hey, he had to do the big brother duty of humbling his little sis just a tad. Not long after his smile dropped at the surprise hug, his smile returned but not of a teasing or menacing fashion. "I wouldn't be that far away.. I could see if Darius is up for having a roommate.. assuming I get accepted to a local team," His thoughts on joining a pro-Quidditch team had been rising in him, hence his practicing. But if that didn't fare... "You said it yourself, we're sticking together no matter what." Especially when he had begun to feel like he had a real home and a true family.

Quote:
Luther heard the Slytherin boy (Caes) encouraging him and huffed a "Thank you." Then he heard the girl (Aria) talking about the cushioning charm. So, Hogwarts used the spells Leo used too. At least similar ones. As Luther reached the platform the Slytherins were at, he said "Hi there, I am Luther. Did you say there was cushioning charm at the bottom? Is it 100% safe?". Remembering his mission, Luther added, "Also, any advice on exploring the Grounds if you don't mind me asking?"

Caes was a smart boy even if he had failed at academics; Aria knew he was bound to catch her meaning.
Sorry, big bro! There was just something about Violet she had always disliked, something she couldn’t put her fingers on. She would always think Caes was better off without Violet. What a joy the older Slytherin girl had graduated, by the way! Mhmm! HA! Galleons, smalleons! I have OTHER plans for such a treasure! But that’s for me to know and for you to find out!” Aria would have cackled if she hadn’t been busy gasping for air and scrambling to beat Caes at this climb.

“I thank you for 'letting' me!” Aria giggled because this was SO MUCH FUN!!! “Looks like our dads are going to have some free time on their hands since you’ll be managing all the household chores this Christmas.’’ Maybeee, just maybeee she would be a helpful and generous sister and help Caes out. MAYBE.

OH! Is that what Caes wanted to do after graduation? Aria grabbed his arm, bouncing on her feet excitedly as she did. “But that’s PERFECT!!! You WILL get accepted and Darius will be delighted to have you! He likes you a GREAT deal in case you hadn’t noticed.’’ Nudge nudge wink, bro. “This means I’d get to dress you both in the most stylish outfits for those galas and whatnot you Quidditch folks get involved in. What fun!’’ Not to mention she would have TWO brothers!! “We are going to!’’ Now that she had Caes’ reassurance, the sixth year felt so much better, as though a zillion ton boulder had been lifted from her shoulders. She hadn’t said it outright, but for the first time she had been insecure about losing someone she cared about.

“Welcome to the Climbing Tree, Luther!’’ Was she delighted to be of acquaintance of the ickle? Yes, she was. “I’m Aria and this is my brother Caes.” Cue her now peering down at the ground. “Oh, it’s VERY safe but I am quite sure our beloved Groundskeeper would frown upon anyone purposely launching themselves off of one of the platforms.’’ So scrap any ideas of the sort, Luther! Aria held up a hand. “Stop, young Sir. Be in the moment! Take a look around before we get to other questions. Enjoy the view!” It really was something from above the ground.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Default A plan is foiled :)
Astrophile

Quote:
SPOILER!!: Aria

“Welcome to the Climbing Tree, Luther!’’ Was she delighted to be of acquaintance of the ickle? Yes, she was. “I’m Aria and this is my brother Caes.” Cue her now peering down at the ground. “Oh, it’s VERY safe but I am quite sure our beloved Groundskeeper would frown upon anyone purposely launching themselves off of one of the platforms.’’ So scrap any ideas of the sort, Luther! Aria held up a hand. “Stop, young Sir. Be in the moment! Take a look around before we get to other questions. Enjoy the view!” It really was something from above the ground.
Colour rose on Luther's face. He was caught. Maybe another time. "Hii, nice to meet you. You are Slytherins, right? The Sorting Hat considered it for me but decided on Gryffindor." said Luther shrugging.

After taking a few minutes to go around the platform and take in the Grounds, he thought 'Hogwarts is really beautiful.' He could see the castle, the bridge and the lake from here. Maybe he should continue his exploration at the lake, he heard there was a giant squid. He heard someone saying the squid loved bread but he was not sure.

Then the memories came. The cheerful giggles of Leo. The white nights he spent on the tree reading his parents' journals. Then more came. Some memories he barely remembered. Those that were emotions more than sounds and visuals. The laughter of Mother and Father.

Then a light warm breeze sobered Luther up. Only then he realized the tears in his eyes and surprisingly a small smile on his lips.

Hastily wiping the tears as quick as he can, Luther turned to Aria and Caes. He asked "Hypothetically speaking, wouldn't the cushioning charm be enough? The ones my house elf applied were pretty good." and then added hastily "Not that I plan to jump.", then continued in his head 'yet.'
Old 09-12-2022, 08:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

The ever many secrets of Aria's plans. Overtime, she did share or surprise him with them if he happened to not figure them out in time. Part of which did come out with her excitement on the possibilities of him and Darius being roommates. "Oh, so that's the big plan. We're going to be your new project." He might have to owl his friend over this. Bless his sister not being the type to take a no if they somehow were not interested in this. How he took to hearing Darius liked him, well, friends usually did, right? That was as far as Caes took it in his head more preoccupied with Aria's ultimate plan on them being her models. "It sounds like we'll have a full Christmas break with grandma and grandpa coming over as well," He might have to write some more letters soon after this.

"Hello," Caes greeted Luther, he couldn't help but wonder on their thoughts an adventure. As he watched blankly with him and Aria conversing. Did he happen to see a tear he was shedding? Caes gave a quick glance to Aria before looking back, "..you have a house elf, Luther?" that seemed to stick out, usually one of a wealthy background, so he was intrigued.

Old 09-12-2022, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

SPOILER!!: Caes
Quote:

"Hello," Caes greeted Luther, he couldn't help but wonder on their thoughts an adventure. As he watched blankly with him and Aria conversing. Did he happen to see a tear he was shedding? Caes gave a quick glance to Aria before looking back, "..you have a house elf, Luther?" that seemed to stick out, usually one of a wealthy background, so he was intrigued.

Luther looked at Caes "Ah, yes, his name is Leo. He is basically my brother. Kind of a big brother. Actually, I don't know how old Leo is. Anyways, the house would be soooo boring if he wasn't there, y'know. Especially after Mother and Father passed away. I wonder what he is..." said Luther in a distracted manner looking at the Grounds until he realized what he said.

'Someone was bound to find out. I hope it won't be like Áslo all again.' thought Luther. Risking a glance at their faces, Luther turned around to see what they were thinking. In years, he became pretty good at reading different kinds of pity.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Colour rose on Luther's face. He was caught. Maybe another time. "Hii, nice to meet you. You are Slytherins, right? The Sorting Hat considered it for me but decided on Gryffindor." said Luther shrugging.

After taking a few minutes to go around the platform and take in the Grounds, he thought 'Hogwarts is really beautiful.' He could see the castle, the bridge and the lake from here. Maybe he should continue his exploration at the lake, he heard there was a giant squid. He heard someone saying the squid loved bread but he was not sure.

Then the memories came. The cheerful giggles of Leo. The white nights he spent on the tree reading his parents' journals. Then more came. Some memories he barely remembered. Those that were emotions more than sounds and visuals. The laughter of Mother and Father.

Then a light warm breeze sobered Luther up. Only then he realized the tears in his eyes and surprisingly a small smile on his lips.

Hastily wiping the tears as quick as he can, Luther turned to Aria and Caes. He asked "Hypothetically speaking, wouldn't the cushioning charm be enough? The ones my house elf applied were pretty good." and then added hastily "Not that I plan to jump.", then continued in his head 'yet.'
Quote:

The ever many secrets of Aria's plans. Overtime, she did share or surprise him with them if he happened to not figure them out in time. Part of which did come out with her excitement on the possibilities of him and Darius being roommates. "Oh, so that's the big plan. We're going to be your new project." He might have to owl his friend over this. Bless his sister not being the type to take a no if they somehow were not interested in this. How he took to hearing Darius liked him, well, friends usually did, right? That was as far as Caes took it in his head more preoccupied with Aria's ultimate plan on them being her models. "It sounds like we'll have a full Christmas break with grandma and grandpa coming over as well," He might have to write some more letters soon after this.

Quote:

Luther looked at Caes "Ah, yes, his name is Leo. He is basically my brother. Kind of a big brother. Actually, I don't know how old Leo is. Anyways, the house would be soooo boring if he wasn't there, y'know. Especially after Mother and Father passed away. I wonder what he is..." said Luther in a distracted manner looking at the Grounds until he realized what he said.

'Someone was bound to find out. I hope it won't be like Áslo all again.' thought Luther. Risking a glance at their faces, Luther turned around to see what they were thinking. In years, he became pretty good at reading different kinds of pity.

With another bounce, Aria snorted. If only Caes knew that he and Darius had been a project of hers since the inception of their meeting. It was only towards the end of last term, at the dance, that she had lost her motivation after seeing Caes and Violet together. But now? Aria vowed silently to try twice as hard for her brother and Darius. “Oh, Caes, Caes, Caes. If you only knew just how long you two have been my project.” Because it was SO obvious that they had something there, something more than friendship! Even this aromantic could see that! “It’ll be packed, it’ll be fun, it’ll be absolutely chaotic! We’re going to have a grand time!’’

Aria was delighted to watch young Luther admire Hogwarts’ surroundings. “Yes, we are! Ooh, you’re a Hatstall? What a shame you aren’t a Slytherin! But Gryffindor’s great too!” She was silent for a while and during that time, shot Caes a look. Yes, she had seen the tears. “Um… are you okay, Luther?” And HOUSE ELF??? This kid was from an extremely well off family?? “That’s rather nice that you consider him your brother.” Unusual, maybe but certainly nice. “I’m guessing you’re a bit homesick?”

Old 09-17-2022, 11:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
Default hi <3
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

The last few days had been exhausting for Meredith. She was distracted by spontaneously transforming into a ferret, but she also wanted to explore her newfound ability. The girl didn't have her camera with her today as she made her way over to the grounds' giant tree house. She didn't want to risk it dropping from a great height if she accidentally transformed again.

The tree house would be an ideal testing ground, but she had no clue how she changed. It happened at random, and she remained that way for around fifteen minutes before returning to human form. Meredith closed her eyes tightly as she stood in front of the tree, willing her body to alter and was unaware that she looked as if she was in desperate need of the restroom.

Nothing happened.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

SPOILER!!: Aria
Quote:
Aria was delighted to watch young Luther admire Hogwarts’ surroundings. “Yes, we are! Ooh, you’re a Hatstall? What a shame you aren’t a Slytherin! But Gryffindor’s great too!” She was silent for a while and during that time, shot Caes a look. Yes, she had seen the tears. “Um… are you okay, Luther?” And HOUSE ELF??? This kid was from an extremely well off family?? “That’s rather nice that you consider him your brother.” Unusual, maybe but certainly nice. “I’m guessing you’re a bit homesick?”

Luther looked at the siblings and said distractedly "Yeah, thanks. I am okay." After clearing his throat, he continued "Yeah, he has been there for me always. It is weird not to have him here." He chuckled lightly. "I can almost hear his voice chastising me for being too gloomy and let me tell you, house-elf scolding is somehow worse than human scolding. At least Leo's is."

Luther realized that the black ribbon he used to tie his hair was once again in his hands and he was absent-mindedly playing with it. He sighed and tied his hair back. "It was great talking to you and wonderful to meet you two. If you ever decide to jump down the tree, let me know. It would be interesting to see how two Slytherins get out of trouble. See you." said Luther with the usual curious and mischievous fire in his eyes, dimmed but present, and then he moved towards the portion of the platform where he climbed up.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:58 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
The last few days had been exhausting for Meredith. She was distracted by spontaneously transforming into a ferret, but she also wanted to explore her newfound ability. The girl didn't have her camera with her today as she made her way over to the grounds' giant tree house. She didn't want to risk it dropping from a great height if she accidentally transformed again.

The tree house would be an ideal testing ground, but she had no clue how she changed. It happened at random, and she remained that way for around fifteen minutes before returning to human form. Meredith closed her eyes tightly as she stood in front of the tree, willing her body to alter and was unaware that she looked as if she was in desperate need of the restroom.

Nothing happened.
Since the afternoon in the Great Hall, things had been a little, strange for Keighley. Not in a bad though. At least not for this fourth year Hufflepuff. Nope, the 'present' that had been bestowed upon her by the one and only Peeves himself didn't really bother her. Yet.

Today, the young blonde had decided to take a walk out onto the grounds for a breath of fresh air. Perhaps play a song or two on her guitar which she had hung over shoulder/across her back. Under her breath she was humming a random tune as she walked, yellow flowers springing up through the dirt where her feet had been seconds earlier.

As she came to one of her favorite spots on the ground it was clear she wasn't alone. And the girl that was there looked like she either needed to use the loo or she was going to be ill. Either way not very good. "Umm, are you.. alright?" Keighley asked softly so as not to startle the girl. Did she need help getting the Healer?

You are Bread!
Old 09-22-2022, 05:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Adorable little Luther! <3
Quote:
Luther looked at the siblings and said distractedly "Yeah, thanks. I am okay." After clearing his throat, he continued "Yeah, he has been there for me always. It is weird not to have him here." He chuckled lightly. "I can almost hear his voice chastising me for being too gloomy and let me tell you, house-elf scolding is somehow worse than human scolding. At least Leo's is."

Luther realized that the black ribbon he used to tie his hair was once again in his hands and he was absent-mindedly playing with it. He sighed and tied his hair back. "It was great talking to you and wonderful to meet you two. If you ever decide to jump down the tree, let me know. It would be interesting to see how two Slytherins get out of trouble. See you." said Luther with the usual curious and mischievous fire in his eyes, dimmed but present, and then he moved towards the portion of the platform where he climbed up.

Aria certainly did not think that little Luther was okay but that was fine. Maybe talking to her and Caes would help him. She certainly was fascinated by this talk of his house elf though! The only ones she really knew were the ones at Hogwarts and maybe Caes since he was going to be stuck doing the majority of chores that Christmas. Poor, poor Luther. He definitely could use some cheering up! “I think Leo would want you to enjoy your time here at Hogwarts instead of thinking too much of him! He sounds like he’s that type of elf!”

The sixth year did ADORE the ribbon in Luther’s hair. It looked quite fashionable, so to speak. “We loved meeting you too, Luther! Oh, you’ll find that Caes and I are quite creative with our methods of escaping trouble.” Aria gave a mysterious smile then waved to the young man as he left.

Old 09-24-2022, 11:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Since the afternoon in the Great Hall, things had been a little, strange for Keighley. Not in a bad though. At least not for this fourth year Hufflepuff. Nope, the 'present' that had been bestowed upon her by the one and only Peeves himself didn't really bother her. Yet.

Today, the young blonde had decided to take a walk out onto the grounds for a breath of fresh air. Perhaps play a song or two on her guitar which she had hung over shoulder/across her back. Under her breath she was humming a random tune as she walked, yellow flowers springing up through the dirt where her feet had been seconds earlier.

As she came to one of her favorite spots on the ground it was clear she wasn't alone. And the girl that was there looked like she either needed to use the loo or she was going to be ill. Either way not very good. "Umm, are you.. alright?" Keighley asked softly so as not to startle the girl. Did she need help getting the Healer?
The Gryffindor opened her eyes and sighed as she looked down at her perfectly normal human body. She'd been a ferret a few times before, so why wasn't she today? She shrugged as she turned her head to see one of the Hufflepuff students standing next to her.

"Yeah im fine. I'm trying to transform into my Animagi form" she explained as she tucked a strand of red hair out of her face and behind her ear. "But, it's not working." Whatever she did, her transformations occurred at the most inopportune times, but when she attempted to transform on her own, it failed. Perhaps she was a special type of Animagi....
Old 09-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
The Gryffindor opened her eyes and sighed as she looked down at her perfectly normal human body. She'd been a ferret a few times before, so why wasn't she today? She shrugged as she turned her head to see one of the Hufflepuff students standing next to her.

"Yeah im fine. I'm trying to transform into my Animagi form" she explained as she tucked a strand of red hair out of her face and behind her ear. "But, it's not working." Whatever she did, her transformations occurred at the most inopportune times, but when she attempted to transform on her own, it failed. Perhaps she was a special type of Animagi....
In the time the slightly younger girl from Gryffindor was standing there, Keigh had looked her over from head to foot. She didn't see any injuries or any other reason for the strange look on the girls face. All she could come up with was that she didn't feel well.

Huh?! Blink. Blink. "Your what now?" Keighley stared at the girl in obvious confusion. Animagi form?! No way! This girl was younger than she was, so how was that even possible?! The blonde knew how difficult it was to become an animagus and how many years of training went into it as well. There was animagi in her family, she herself had been reading up on it a fair bit recently and was considering it. "Erm.. when did you uhhh, become an Animagi?" She wanted to know all of the things, please and thanks!

You are Bread!
Old 09-28-2022, 07:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
In the time the slightly younger girl from Gryffindor was standing there, Keigh had looked her over from head to foot. She didn't see any injuries or any other reason for the strange look on the girls face. All she could come up with was that she didn't feel well.

Huh?! Blink. Blink. "Your what now?" Keighley stared at the girl in obvious confusion. Animagi form?! No way! This girl was younger than she was, so how was that even possible?! The blonde knew how difficult it was to become an animagus and how many years of training went into it as well. There was animagi in her family, she herself had been reading up on it a fair bit recently and was considering it. "Erm.. when did you uhhh, become an Animagi?" She wanted to know all of the things, please and thanks!
Meredith slumped her shoulders as she put her hands in her robe pockets and glanced at the Hufflepuff standing beside her.

She frowned when she saw the clear expression of perplexity on her face and nearly felt compelled to huff loudly but resisted. "Animagi form!" she said again, making a wild gesture with her arms, which were now free from her pockets as if she were demonstrating a 'transformation.' "I don't know, a few weeks ago?" she answered, slipping her hands back in her pockets. "It just happens at random," which would not have been possible and if she had paid attention in Animagi class she would have known that. "You do believe me, right?"
Old 09-29-2022, 02:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Meredith slumped her shoulders as she put her hands in her robe pockets and glanced at the Hufflepuff standing beside her.

She frowned when she saw the clear expression of perplexity on her face and nearly felt compelled to huff loudly but resisted. "Animagi form!" she said again, making a wild gesture with her arms, which were now free from her pockets as if she were demonstrating a 'transformation.' "I don't know, a few weeks ago?" she answered, slipping her hands back in her pockets. "It just happens at random," which would not have been possible and if she had paid attention in Animagi class she would have known that. "You do believe me, right?"
So she hadn't heard the Gryffindor wrong. The look on the girls face, the arm flailing, shouting, she really believed that she was an Animagi. Was it even possible? Yes, maybe? Not here at Hogwarts it wasn't. Keigh knew there was another school that taught there students to become Animagi very very early but that had nothing to do with this. So what was going on?

Keighley nodded very slowly taking in the information that was being given to her. A few weeks ago? Completely random? It sounded very.. suspicious. A lot like her flowers and Jude's butterflies. Everything that happened in the Entrance Hall. "It's okay, I believe. I do. Calm down, hmm? What can you change into? When did it happen last?" As she spoke she sat herself down right there beneath the tree, laying her bag and guitar down at her side, her attention was on Meredith. And yes, she was very much aware of all the flowers that grew around her the moment she sat down.

You are Bread!
Old 10-02-2022, 02:50 AM   #24 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default for Chelle/Evan!
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Okay. So. Listen.

This was probably a bad idea. BUT ALSO...maybe it wouldn't be THAT bad.

Sure, Lydia was terrified of heights. Maybe even more than she was afraid of frogs and toads and other reptiles. But that was partly because she had faced her fear of them a little bit. Or...at least with frogs. You kinda had to when you wanted to be a part of the choir at Hogwarts. Because for a reason she still didn't understand, it had to be a FROG choir.

But anyway. If she could survive that...then maybe she could survive being up high.

Maybe.

Either way, she wasn't going to think too hard about it. Just go for it.

Her plan was to climb up to the lowest possible branch. So that was what she did, carefully but not slowly, and absolutely not looking down until she was on the branch.

When she finally reached her destination, she sat for a moment to catch her breath - not that the climb was super strenuous at six feet for her barely over five foot self, but it felt like ages when you knew your feet were leaving the ground. Even so, she sloooowly peered over the edge...

Oh Merlin...

Maybe it was just the idea of seeing that much of an empty distance between her feet and the ground...but she...did not like it. The icky feeling in her stomach wasn't super bad yet, but the thought of attempting to climb even higher? That thought made her stomach tie itself in knots, her face pale.

Maybe... Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all...

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 10-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Peeves
Resident School Poltergeist | Unruly & Malicious

Old Peevesy was back in STEALTH MODE, just because it was most delightful to get these ickle wee students when they least expected it. With... gifts. Of course. Yes. Generous gifts.

Point was, he was all invisible and hiding in the tree, ready to get any unsuspecting students. With... a gift. Yes. So generous.

And here was a particularly nervous one now! Facing some fears or perhaps waiting to ambush innocent passers-by? Either way, Peeves surreptitiously sent a quiet spell from his favourite book towards the girl (Lydia), before snickering to himself and floating up to hide in the topmost branches of the tree.

P.S. Your bowtie is crooked. And your pink thestral pony is super girly.