Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 988 users online including...
Louieevoli , PhoenixRising , astrocat , Chelliephone , Lavillhorse , JoyceZoors , maximllon , Holmesian Feline

12 members
976 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 62: September - December 2022

Term 62: September - December 2022 Term Sixty-Two: The Gift of the Peeves (Sept 2108 - June 2109)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2021, 01:16 AM

Default Hospital Wing

The cleanest room in the entire castle is, for more than obvious reasons, the hospital wing. Considering this is a magical school and accidents happen, it is not uncommon to see students and even staff being sent or brought here throughout the school year. Rest assured that no matter what mishap or injury you have, the school healer will have you fixed up and back to normal in no time ... depending on the severity, of course.

The primary feature of this decent-sized room are a series of standard issued beds. Accompanying each bed is a set of dividers, meant to give the person staying here privacy, and a wheeled table at the foot of it containing a jar of crystal clear water, glasses, and a vase of brightly coloured flowers. For those staying overnight, the bedside tables contain a set of sterile pyjamas and a pair of clean socks that are charmed to adjust and fit the wearer. Two steel chairs have been provided for visitors -- these are not the most comfortable as the patients here need plenty of rest in order to recover quickly. As per the job description, the healer rarely leaves the room when there are patients under her care and is always on call.

Alongside a storage room and a small clean bathroom for patient use, the healer has an office just off to one side of the main hospital wing where you can speak with her privately, either about medical concerns or in regards to the subject she teaches: Charms.

OOC: Please do not play for the Healer. Leanne Mancini, played by PhoenixRising, will be happy to help your character.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default For Mama Jess! <3 {Roulette Challenge}
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

It had seemed like a good idea in his head to practice the Conjunctivitis Curse on one of those dummies in the Dueling Area. About five tries in, he realised that it hadn’t been such a good idea. His dummy had been one of those that moved at will {since Jude figured why not go for a challenge?} and the Curse had bounced off and hit the Hufflepuff squarely in the right eye. The result? His eye had painfully swollen shut. He was pretty sure it was red too… if one could actually see the eye.

The sixth year had immediately, and obviously, abandoned his practice and raced off towards the Hospital Wing. It was so darn annoying having just one eye to properly see out of! He felt horribly uncoordinated and even a little panicky because what if Healer Mancini wasn’t able to help?

“Calm down there, buddy,’’ Jude told himself having FINALLY made it to Hospital Wing. “The Healer can work miracles. You’ll be fine.” Uh huh. Just a little pep talk there. “Healer Mancini?” It was kind of hard for him to scan the Wing properly through one eye by simply standing still so Jude resorted to standing in one place and doing a full three sixty degree turn. “You here? I uh… have an eye that's out of commission.”

HELP?!

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-14-2022, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
It had seemed like a good idea in his head to practice the Conjunctivitis Curse on one of those dummies in the Dueling Area. About five tries in, he realised that it hadn’t been such a good idea. His dummy had been one of those that moved at will {since Jude figured why not go for a challenge?} and the Curse had bounced off and hit the Hufflepuff squarely in the right eye. The result? His eye had painfully swollen shut. He was pretty sure it was red too… if one could actually see the eye.

The sixth year had immediately, and obviously, abandoned his practice and raced off towards the Hospital Wing. It was so darn annoying having just one eye to properly see out of! He felt horribly uncoordinated and even a little panicky because what if Healer Mancini wasn’t able to help?

“Calm down there, buddy,’’ Jude told himself having FINALLY made it to Hospital Wing. “The Healer can work miracles. You’ll be fine.” Uh huh. Just a little pep talk there. “Healer Mancini?” It was kind of hard for him to scan the Wing properly through one eye by simply standing still so Jude resorted to standing in one place and doing a full three sixty degree turn. “You here? I uh… have an eye that's out of commission.”

HELP?!
She was here.... because if she wasn't in her office, marking assignments, Leanne was here in the hospital wing making sure she had the supplies needed for when the term really kicked into high gear with injuries. And considering the second day, she already had a first year in here albeit from an older student, she had NO doubts that it would be a long year.

But all that aside, she had another student here and this one had an eye closed?? She hoped it wasn't another injury at the hands of that other boy. "Mr Anders... yes, I'm here... can you tell me what happened?" She ushered toward him. "Have a seat.... Here is good." She gestured toward an open bed and was by his side to guide him if he needed it. But he made it to the hospital wing. Just she'd imagine his depth perception was of
f.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Healer Mancini! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
She was here.... because if she wasn't in her office, marking assignments, Leanne was here in the hospital wing making sure she had the supplies needed for when the term really kicked into high gear with injuries. And considering the second day, she already had a first year in here albeit from an older student, she had NO doubts that it would be a long year.

But all that aside, she had another student here and this one had an eye closed?? She hoped it wasn't another injury at the hands of that other boy. "Mr Anders... yes, I'm here... can you tell me what happened?" She ushered toward him. "Have a seat.... Here is good." She gestured toward an open bed and was by his side to guide him if he needed it. But he made it to the hospital wing. Just she'd imagine his depth perception was of
f.

Thank Merlin!

Healer Mancini was there and Jude turned in her direction, his good eye honing in on her. Her presence and calm demeanor immediately brought a sense of peace about him. Jude reminded himself that he was in more than capable hands and that he didn’t need to panic any more than he already had been.

The bed. Right. Jude could get himself there, and so he did. The Hufflepuff perched himself on the edge, and his unhurt eyes trained on Mancini. “Spell practice gone wrong. A Conjunctivitis Curse rebounded and smacked me with proper precision.” He felt rather uncomfortable with the swollen eye. Not to mention… “My eye’s stinging, professor.” He wouldn’t be surprised if it started leaking soon. That was definitely not a happy thought.

Old 09-17-2022, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:

Thank Merlin!

Healer Mancini was there and Jude turned in her direction, his good eye honing in on her. Her presence and calm demeanor immediately brought a sense of peace about him. Jude reminded himself that he was in more than capable hands and that he didn’t need to panic any more than he already had been.

The bed. Right. Jude could get himself there, and so he did. The Hufflepuff perched himself on the edge, and his unhurt eyes trained on Mancini. “Spell practice gone wrong. A Conjunctivitis Curse rebounded and smacked me with proper precision.” He felt rather uncomfortable with the swollen eye. Not to mention… “My eye’s stinging, professor.” He wouldn’t be surprised if it started leaking soon. That was definitely not a happy thought.
If the healer was being quite frank this sounds like a prank gone wrong. Which she supposed that was what Jude was getting at when he said spell practice. If she was also being honest, technically he did have proper precision to be able to get it to rebound into his eye. And yet she was also confident that was not his desired effect. "Ahhh... the good old rebound effect. Quite the common mishap, actually." Although she wasn't sure that now was a good time for a joke.

Moving swiftly over to her supply cupboard, Leanne first fetched a good old muggle ice pack and handed it to Jude to place over the eye. "Let's ice it for five minutes to numb things over first. And then we'll extract the eyeball." The last part she was just kidding about she wanted to make sure he was cognitively still aware before casting the usual counter-curse. "So what sort of fake eyeball would you like....? I'm thinking a dark-coloured iris, but a lovely shade of blue might be a good contrast..."

Old 09-20-2022, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Mancini made me laugh so much lmao!
Quote:
If the healer was being quite frank this sounds like a prank gone wrong. Which she supposed that was what Jude was getting at when he said spell practice. If she was also being honest, technically he did have proper precision to be able to get it to rebound into his eye. And yet she was also confident that was not his desired effect. "Ahhh... the good old rebound effect. Quite the common mishap, actually." Although she wasn't sure that now was a good time for a joke.

Moving swiftly over to her supply cupboard, Leanne first fetched a good old muggle ice pack and handed it to Jude to place over the eye. "Let's ice it for five minutes to numb things over first. And then we'll extract the eyeball." The last part she was just kidding about she wanted to make sure he was cognitively still aware before casting the usual counter-curse. "So what sort of fake eyeball would you like....? I'm thinking a dark-coloured iris, but a lovely shade of blue might be a good contrast..."

Prank?!

Professor Mancini! Surely you knew him better than that? Jude wasn’t the type to do such a thing. Except maybe if it came to Peeves, as Lisa had suggested. But yeah… no. This outcome was not the one the Hufflepuff had imagined, much less wanted. He hated to think of how much he would have flunked his DADA practical if this had occurred during OWLs or if it were to happen during NEWTs. No, nope! He wouldn’t think like that! There were just going to be positive thoughts on his part for NEWTs even if they were more than a year away for him. Mancini’s words gave him more hope. “Then you’ve had experience with this Curse? Is it going to be an easy fix?”

The sixth year took the ice pack, said his thanks to the woman then held it over his afflicted eye. EXTRACT HIS EYEBALL?! Jude STARED at Mancini through his proper eye. WHAAA-? Oh. She was kidding! Right. He knew that! “Ha ha, professor. Okay fine, you got me there for a bit.’’ Here, he actually laughed his quiet laugh. “Sounds perfect! Bright blue, perhaps? It’ll match perfectly with Keighley’s. Hope that won't be too much trouble for you.” Through all the joking, Jude had begun to feel the ice pack taking effect; the eye no longer stung as much.

Old 10-02-2022, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Luther walked towards Healer Mancini's room and knocked gently, extra careful not to disturb the patients in the wing. His head was filled with questions regarding his hands and memory.

Last edited by Freyr; 10-02-2022 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Prank?!

Professor Mancini! Surely you knew him better than that? Jude wasn’t the type to do such a thing. Except maybe if it came to Peeves, as Lisa had suggested. But yeah… no. This outcome was not the one the Hufflepuff had imagined, much less wanted. He hated to think of how much he would have flunked his DADA practical if this had occurred during OWLs or if it were to happen during NEWTs. No, nope! He wouldn’t think like that! There were just going to be positive thoughts on his part for NEWTs even if they were more than a year away for him. Mancini’s words gave him more hope. “Then you’ve had experience with this Curse? Is it going to be an easy fix?”

The sixth year took the ice pack, said his thanks to the woman then held it over his afflicted eye. EXTRACT HIS EYEBALL?! Jude STARED at Mancini through his proper eye. WHAAA-? Oh. She was kidding! Right. He knew that! “Ha ha, professor. Okay fine, you got me there for a bit.’’ Here, he actually laughed his quiet laugh. “Sounds perfect! Bright blue, perhaps? It’ll match perfectly with Keighley’s. Hope that won't be too much trouble for you.” Through all the joking, Jude had begun to feel the ice pack taking effect; the eye no longer stung as much.[/COLOR]

She actually did. Hufflepuffs, in her mind, were the house least likely to be involved in pranks. And yet it was always a possibility to be on the unintended (or intended) receiving end. "Of course. The first half of my healing career was spent in the spell ward of St Mungos, dealing with all sorts of curses gone awry." She said, seriously this time.

"Perfect. You've past the cognitive test, which means that it's just the eye that has been affected. Had your cognition been affected, then the course of treatment would definitely be far different." She explained, as she moved over to his bedside to take the ice pack back from him. "Just a simple counter-curse and you should be good to go."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Luther walked towards Healer Mancini's room and knocked gently, extra careful not to disturb the patients in the wing. His head was filled with questions regarding his hands and memory.
It was actually quite surprising that more first years weren't in the hospital wing. So when she saw the first year gryffindor at the hospital wing entrance, she wasn't all that surprised. "Mr Starriver. Hello there. What brings you here?" She gave him a look up and down, noticing that physically he seemed to be in fine condition. So perhaps then he just needed something Gryffindor related and not healing related?

Old 10-14-2022, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:
It was actually quite surprising that more first years weren't in the hospital wing. So when she saw the first year gryffindor at the hospital wing entrance, she wasn't all that surprised. "Mr Starriver. Hello there. What brings you here?" She gave him a look up and down, noticing that physically he seemed to be in fine condition. So perhaps then he just needed something Gryffindor related and not healing related?
"Hello, Healer Mancini. I hope you are alright. I... I had some questions about Occlumency and memory. Professor Holden recommended coming to talk to you before doing anything. And also it is not an emergency but Peeves did something to my hands." after saying this, Luther showed her his dimly glowing hands and continued "When I focus a little bit, I can dim the glow but I cannot turn it off completely. It actually doesn't hurt or anything. In fact, I... kinda like the glow but I am worried that it might cause some harm later."
Old 10-15-2022, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Mancini! <3
Quote:

She actually did. Hufflepuffs, in her mind, were the house least likely to be involved in pranks. And yet it was always a possibility to be on the unintended (or intended) receiving end. "Of course. The first half of my healing career was spent in the spell ward of St Mungos, dealing with all sorts of curses gone awry." She said, seriously this time.

"Perfect. You've past the cognitive test, which means that it's just the eye that has been affected. Had your cognition been affected, then the course of treatment would definitely be far different." She explained, as she moved over to his bedside to take the ice pack back from him. "Just a simple counter-curse and you should be good to go."

Unless it involved pranking Peeves like he and Lisa had discussed. Then this Hufflepuff would definitely be involved in pranking. He had learnt a thing or two watching his elder sister pranking their father so he had that skill down should he really need it. Anyway, it was a complete relief for him to hear Mancini could easily fix him up. Now that Jude wasn’t losing his head over the situation, he was quite sure there was a spell that could do the trick. Wait… or was it a potion? “I feel better already,’’ came his relieved remark. “And the second half of that career?’’ Jude was only curious and interested.

Ohh!!

It had been a test. Well played, professor! Well played indeed. “What would that treatment have been?” The sixth year squinted suspiciously at the woman. “A painful potion with an overnight stay?” The ice pack was handed over. The effect from it still lingered. Okay! He had been right: the way to fix this Curse was a spell. “I’m going to stay really still, then, while you work, professor.’’

Old 10-20-2022, 09:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
"Hello, Healer Mancini. I hope you are alright. I... I had some questions about Occlumency and memory. Professor Holden recommended coming to talk to you before doing anything. And also it is not an emergency but Peeves did something to my hands." after saying this, Luther showed her his dimly glowing hands and continued "When I focus a little bit, I can dim the glow but I cannot turn it off completely. It actually doesn't hurt or anything. In fact, I... kinda like the glow but I am worried that it might cause some harm later."
Occlumency and memory? Wait .... was this boy really only a first year?? The healer stared at him for a minute in confusion, because it didn't seem likely that first years would come to talk about such advanced topics. Only then he went on to mention Professor Holden and it made sense as to how a first year heard of such an advance topic.

"Interesting. I think .... well, as you mentioned, as long as it doesn't hurt, I'm not sure it's anything to worry about it? I mean Peeves is a poltergeist. Not a dark wizard, so I think anything he might have done to you... would be harmless fun." She found herself inwardly wincing though even as she uttered the words. What would Peeves motives be anyway? He was acting awfully gleeful these days.

Quote:

Unless it involved pranking Peeves like he and Lisa had discussed. Then this Hufflepuff would definitely be involved in pranking. He had learnt a thing or two watching his elder sister pranking their father so he had that skill down should he really need it. Anyway, it was a complete relief for him to hear Mancini could easily fix him up. Now that Jude wasn’t losing his head over the situation, he was quite sure there was a spell that could do the trick. Wait… or was it a potion? “I feel better already,’’ came his relieved remark. “And the second half of that career?’’ Jude was only curious and interested.

Ohh!!

It had been a test. Well played, professor! Well played indeed. “What would that treatment have been?” The sixth year squinted suspiciously at the woman. “A painful potion with an overnight stay?” The ice pack was handed over. The effect from it still lingered. Okay! He had been right: the way to fix this Curse was a spell. “I’m going to stay really still, then, while you work, professor.’’
Leanne chuckled at the Hufflepuffs instant recoil to feeling better. "The second half... was spent dealing with administrative duties," She made a face, but then quickly smiled. "But now the third half... now that's one I've only just begun which is teaching at Hogwarts." And yes she fully realized that she mentioned threes. Life was more than just a fifty-fifty, as she'd come to realize.

"An overnight stay for certain. As far as the painful potion, well, pain is subjective. People experience it differently." She nodded when he said he was going to stay really still. And with that, she cast some complicated wand movement over his eye, whilst muttering the counterspell.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:
Occlumency and memory? Wait .... was this boy really only a first year?? The healer stared at him for a minute in confusion, because it didn't seem likely that first years would come to talk about such advanced topics. Only then he went on to mention Professor Holden and it made sense as to how a first year heard of such an advance topic.

"Interesting. I think .... well, as you mentioned, as long as it doesn't hurt, I'm not sure it's anything to worry about it? I mean Peeves is a poltergeist. Not a dark wizard, so I think anything he might have done to you... would be harmless fun." She found herself inwardly wincing though even as she uttered the words. What would Peeves motives be anyway? He was acting awfully gleeful these days.
"That's actually pretty reassuring, thank you." said Luther, as he felt a burden that he wasn't aware of, was alleviated.

After a couple of moments of hesitation, Luther spoke again with a faint but determined fire in his eyes "About Occlumency. I... I really need to learn it. I know it takes a lot of time but I at least have to start. Can you... Do you have any suggestions? Maybe books or someone."
Old 10-23-2022, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Mancini! <3
Quote:
Leanne chuckled at the Hufflepuffs instant recoil to feeling better. "The second half... was spent dealing with administrative duties," She made a face, but then quickly smiled. "But now the third half... now that's one I've only just begun which is teaching at Hogwarts." And yes she fully realized that she mentioned threes. Life was more than just a fifty-fifty, as she'd come to realize.

"An overnight stay for certain. As far as the painful potion, well, pain is subjective. People experience it differently." She nodded when he said he was going to stay really still. And with that, she cast some complicated wand movement over his eye, whilst muttering the counterspell.

Excuse Jude’s confused expression. Third half? That just wasn’t adding up but he let it slide. He was accepting of the way Mancini described her life. It seemed as though the woman wasn’t into administrative duties, which Jude could understand especially if one had a personality that demanded they always be on the go. “I hope you like teaching here. I like having you around.” It was true and as usual, Jude believed that keeping positive words hidden away did nothing good. That’s why he let Mancini know how he felt.

Yeah… pain. The sixth year was good with neither but he’d rather have physical pain than emotional one. Merlin knew he’d had enough of the latter to last a lifetime. True to his word, Jude held still and watched his professor do her spellwork. Um… what was that wand movement?! It seemed super complicated! But it seemed to have done the trick. He blinked both eyes rapidly, a slow grin spreading across his face. “It worked, Professor! There’s no pain and my eyeball feels normal! Looks like you wouldn’t need to extract it after all. Sorry for disappointing you.” Cue chuckling on his part.