sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1242 users online including...
Evacjr , Evaldj , Nicholasje

3 members
1239 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 62: September - December 2022

Term 62: September - December 2022 Term Sixty-Two: The Gift of the Peeves (Sept 2108 - June 2109)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 08-20-2022, 08:19 PM

Default The Climbing Tree

Graphic credit: Felixir

Standing squarely in the middle of an otherwise featureless lawn is an immense oak tree with sprawling, high-reaching branches, its foliage thick and rich with natural colour, depending on the time of year. The tree is taller than it has any right to be, and seems ideal for climbing. That is, indeed, what your benevolent groundskeeper had in mind when he grew it.

The very lowest branches jut out six feet or so above the ground, but if you can't reach or haul yourself onto these, there are little nooks and conveniently located knots in the trunk to get you started. Up in the higher branches, you'll find platforms and maybe a basic treehouse structure or two, but the real fun to be had is in traversing the tree itself.

Climbing tree though it is, this area also serves as a pleasant meeting place, the vast canopy of leaves providing plenty of shade in the summer months. A plank swing dangles from one of the lower branches, and a tyre swing from another.

It's pretty difficult to confuse this tree with the Whomping Willow. For starters, you're in an entirely different part of the grounds. Not to mention, the climbing tree is an oak, and (presumably) won't maim you for trying to climb it. All the same, you're expected to treat this place with respect. Don't act like a fool, especially when you're high up in the tree. If you do happen to fall, the slowing and softening charms in place around this area will kick in, and you will come to no great harm.

Do as you please here, as long as its within school rules. Relax. Have fun. Go wild.

But maybe not too wild. Javier doesn't have any medical training, after all.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #26 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
Okay. So. Listen.

This was probably a bad idea. BUT ALSO...maybe it wouldn't be THAT bad.

Sure, Lydia was terrified of heights. Maybe even more than she was afraid of frogs and toads and other reptiles. But that was partly because she had faced her fear of them a little bit. Or...at least with frogs. You kinda had to when you wanted to be a part of the choir at Hogwarts. Because for a reason she still didn't understand, it had to be a FROG choir.

But anyway. If she could survive that...then maybe she could survive being up high.

Maybe.

Either way, she wasn't going to think too hard about it. Just go for it.

Her plan was to climb up to the lowest possible branch. So that was what she did, carefully but not slowly, and absolutely not looking down until she was on the branch.

When she finally reached her destination, she sat for a moment to catch her breath - not that the climb was super strenuous at six feet for her barely over five foot self, but it felt like ages when you knew your feet were leaving the ground. Even so, she sloooowly peered over the edge...

Oh Merlin...

Maybe it was just the idea of seeing that much of an empty distance between her feet and the ground...but she...did not like it. The icky feeling in her stomach wasn't super bad yet, but the thought of attempting to climb even higher? That thought made her stomach tie itself in knots, her face pale.

Maybe... Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all...
The climbing tree had not been his destination in mind, and the plan had been to just pass it exploration of other parts of the grounds, but from a distance as he was approaching Evan could see one of the younger years working to pull herself up into the branches. This particular Hogwarts feature was not something he'd ever taken advantage of, but actually seeing it in use did have him curious, so he decided to take a closer pass to see how quickly someone might actually climb.

Except... when he got closer, he noticed his peer that had drawn his attention was... not very high up at all. And beyond that, looking quite pale.

His steps faltered for a moment, and deciding he couldn't ignore without at least insuring she was okay, he redirected even closer to the tree - right to under it's branches and looked up. "Hey, you okay?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 10-03-2022, 07:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
So she hadn't heard the Gryffindor wrong. The look on the girls face, the arm flailing, shouting, she really believed that she was an Animagi. Was it even possible? Yes, maybe? Not here at Hogwarts it wasn't. Keigh knew there was another school that taught there students to become Animagi very very early but that had nothing to do with this. So what was going on?

Keighley nodded very slowly taking in the information that was being given to her. A few weeks ago? Completely random? It sounded very.. suspicious. A lot like her flowers and Jude's butterflies. Everything that happened in the Entrance Hall. "It's okay, I believe. I do. Calm down, hmm? What can you change into? When did it happen last?" As she spoke she sat herself down right there beneath the tree, laying her bag and guitar down at her side, her attention was on Meredith. And yes, she was very much aware of all the flowers that grew around her the moment she sat down.
Meredith watched Keighley as she proceeded to the nearest tree, sat, and placed her bag and guitar beside her. The flowers that surrounded the girl as she sat down had not gone unnoticed by the Gryffindor, and she hurried over to sit down in front of her, temporarily forgetting about her own predicament. "I've seen this before!" . Where had she seen that image before? The girl paused for a bit before clapping her hands once. "Ah! Ashley can also make flowers appear." The seventh year had stated that picking the flowers did not hurt her, but she hesitated to touch the flowers that Keighley had created."Do you belong to a secret club with her?" she questioned. "Can I join?" please?

Oh, that's right. Her own signs. Meredith shrugged, staring up at the climbing tree before returning her gaze to Keighley. "I can transform into a ferret." Not the Animagi form she wanted, but she was aware that they had zero control over which animal they changed into. "And the last time it happened was a few days ago in the dormitory..." As she looked to the side, she twirled her red hair. "Uhm, I think I ruined some curtains... please don't tell Professor Mancini."
Old 10-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Meredith watched Keighley as she proceeded to the nearest tree, sat, and placed her bag and guitar beside her. The flowers that surrounded the girl as she sat down had not gone unnoticed by the Gryffindor, and she hurried over to sit down in front of her, temporarily forgetting about her own predicament. "I've seen this before!" . Where had she seen that image before? The girl paused for a bit before clapping her hands once. "Ah! Ashley can also make flowers appear." The seventh year had stated that picking the flowers did not hurt her, but she hesitated to touch the flowers that Keighley had created."Do you belong to a secret club with her?" she questioned. "Can I join?" please?

Oh, that's right. Her own signs. Meredith shrugged, staring up at the climbing tree before returning her gaze to Keighley. "I can transform into a ferret." Not the Animagi form she wanted, but she was aware that they had zero control over which animal they changed into. "And the last time it happened was a few days ago in the dormitory..." As she looked to the side, she twirled her red hair. "Uhm, I think I ruined some curtains... please don't tell Professor Mancini."
Keighley's attention may have been on Meredith but that didn't stop her from picking on of the flowers at her feet and beginning to braid it through her long blonde hair without so much as a thought. The action had become somewhat habit like now and most of the time she didn't even realize she was doing it anymore. Mention of the older Ravenclaw made her smile and there was a nod of her head. "Ashley is great, we've made flowers grow together before." And they've also traded their flowers too. "There isn't a club but you're more than welcome to pick any of the flowers that you like. I don't mind at all and it doesn't affect me in any way."

Another flower was gentle plucked from the ground and worked through her hair. "A ferret. Okay," she nodded once more. Cute little creatures ferrets were. A few days okay. Got it. A small laugh slipped past her lips and she smiled softly at Meredith. "Don't worry, I won't say a word about that. Honestly though.. I know a real lot about Animagi.. Professor Paton is one and I know her very well." Family. She's known her all of her life. "I've also been looking into possibly becoming one myself and my cousin is already working on it. It's a very long difficult process sooo.." There was a brief pause as she looked at the Gryffindor sat across from her. "There might be something else going on."

You are Bread!
Old 10-11-2022, 02:30 AM   #29 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeves View Post
Old Peevesy was back in STEALTH MODE, just because it was most delightful to get these ickle wee students when they least expected it. With... gifts. Of course. Yes. Generous gifts.

Point was, he was all invisible and hiding in the tree, ready to get any unsuspecting students. With... a gift. Yes. So generous.

And here was a particularly nervous one now! Facing some fears or perhaps waiting to ambush innocent passers-by? Either way, Peeves surreptitiously sent a quiet spell from his favourite book towards the girl (Lydia), before snickering to himself and floating up to hide in the topmost branches of the tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
The climbing tree had not been his destination in mind, and the plan had been to just pass it exploration of other parts of the grounds, but from a distance as he was approaching Evan could see one of the younger years working to pull herself up into the branches. This particular Hogwarts feature was not something he'd ever taken advantage of, but actually seeing it in use did have him curious, so he decided to take a closer pass to see how quickly someone might actually climb.

Except... when he got closer, he noticed his peer that had drawn his attention was... not very high up at all. And beyond that, looking quite pale.

His steps faltered for a moment, and deciding he couldn't ignore without at least insuring she was okay, he redirected even closer to the tree - right to under it's branches and looked up. "Hey, you okay?"
Entirely oblivious to the actions of Peeves, Lydia could not take her eyes off the ground. But she needed to. She wasn't really that high up in the grand scheme of things, and she didn't want to chicken out of her plan this fast. She just...needed...to look away and...

The sudden appearance of an older boy right under her startled her. And her sudden movement unsettled her balance. And she overcompensated far too much with the flailing of her arms, upsetting her balance even further - until she fell off, with a shriek of "EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and...bubbles?

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 10-22-2022, 09:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Apparently checking on the younger student had been exactly what he should have not done. As no sooner had Evan asked she was okay, then she was flailing around and falling from the tree. The ravenclaw's eyes widened a bit before he moved himself to catch her before she hit the ground. He was fully aware that the charms around the tree would keep her from being injured - at least, mostly - but she'd seemed scared already and hitting the ground could have shook her confidence even further.

So once he caught her, he tried asking again. "I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

And... where were these bubbles coming from?

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start