FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1152 users online including...
Holmesian Feline , Suziella , Eldardsy , Helios Sunrider , astrocat , Alexchy , Kimothy , Chelliephone , Eldarizl

13 members
1139 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Kamran Kazmi's Reign > Term 62: September - December 2022

Term 62: September - December 2022 Term Sixty-Two: The Gift of the Peeves (Sept 2108 - June 2109)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2021, 01:40 AM

Default Boris the Bewildered

Not far from the entrance of the fifth-floor corridor stands a statue of Boris the Bewildered. Even though there is a statue present in dedication to the man, not much is known about him these days. Just by looking at his expression, it appears that he is either very lost or someone just Confunded him. Though, perhaps, this observation will not come as a surprise to you. After all, the old man is wearing his gloves on the wrong hands.

Hopefully you are faring significantly better than the statue standing before you. In general the statue is used as a landmark for prefects and Quidditch captains, serving as a gentle reminder that their exclusive bathroom is just a few doors down. If you are not a student leader, however, the statue might be viewed as yet another of those silly things that reside inside the castle and be deemed as something not worth investigating further. Though, if you ever need a casual meeting place, Boris will always be there to help you out even if he hasn't got a clue who you even are.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Default open
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Where did you go when you had to talk to someone, but didn't want to open up? To a very confused-looking statue, of course. Ash was sitting by the inanimate man, cross-legged and sketching a portrait of Blake. She had to sketch while she talked, or else she'd lose her train of thought. Boris the Bewildered didn't seem to care that she was quietly talking at him in French, and he didn't seem to judge either. He just seemed confused. And he said nothing. He didn't condemn her, he didn't support her, he didn't do anything. He stood there 'listening' to her and 'watching' her sketch.

It was nice.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Where did you go when you had to talk to someone, but didn't want to open up? To a very confused-looking statue, of course. Ash was sitting by the inanimate man, cross-legged and sketching a portrait of Blake. She had to sketch while she talked, or else she'd lose her train of thought. Boris the Bewildered didn't seem to care that she was quietly talking at him in French, and he didn't seem to judge either. He just seemed confused. And he said nothing. He didn't condemn her, he didn't support her, he didn't do anything. He stood there 'listening' to her and 'watching' her sketch.

It was nice.
After spending some time in the relatively empty reading lounge of the 5th floor, Raj had decided to head back to the common room, knowing he had to take care of something before a next class. Walking down the corridor, it was then that he spotted the elder Ravenclaw sitting by one of the more interesting statues on the floor. Noticing the sketching, he thought she had been focusing on said stature and looked over her shoulder out of curiousity. Only to back away when he realized it might be of a more personal subject matter, dropping his book in the process making his presence known.

"Um...hi," he offered shyly by way of greeting as to soften the blow if she thought he was spying.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Raj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

After spending some time in the relatively empty reading lounge of the 5th floor, Raj had decided to head back to the common room, knowing he had to take care of something before a next class. Walking down the corridor, it was then that he spotted the elder Ravenclaw sitting by one of the more interesting statues on the floor. Noticing the sketching, he thought she had been focusing on said stature and looked over her shoulder out of curiousity. Only to back away when he realized it might be of a more personal subject matter, dropping his book in the process making his presence known.

"Um...hi," he offered shyly by way of greeting as to soften the blow if she thought he was spying.

Ashley visibly started(she was quite surprised) as something hit the floor right next to her, and again as she realized that there was someone standing right there. No worries, the art wasn't personal... but she anxiously wondered how long the guy had been there. Had he heard her talking to herself for a long time? Or worse, did he speak French? And was she that easy to sneak up on??? She cautiously picked up his book, then got to her feet so she could give it back. "...hey." She shifted on her feet in a mildly uncomfortable manner. "I wasn't talking to myself. I was talking to the statue." Just in case he was wondering. "Um, here's your book you dropped." Ashley blushed, mortified that she was caught being weird in public. Lumi was right... she did care what others think.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:

Ashley visibly started(she was quite surprised) as something hit the floor right next to her, and again as she realized that there was someone standing right there. No worries, the art wasn't personal... but she anxiously wondered how long the guy had been there. Had he heard her talking to herself for a long time? Or worse, did he speak French? And was she that easy to sneak up on??? She cautiously picked up his book, then got to her feet so she could give it back. "...hey." She shifted on her feet in a mildly uncomfortable manner. "I wasn't talking to myself. I was talking to the statue." Just in case he was wondering. "Um, here's your book you dropped." Ashley blushed, mortified that she was caught being weird in public. Lumi was right... she did care what others think.
Raj couldn’t help the cringe as she startled, the sixth year feeling even worse about the interruption and surprise. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to surprise you…or bother you.” Not that he had meant to drop his book and she had obviously been distracted by her sketching and her conversation. He probably could have turned away and continued on his path to the common room without her notice without his clumsiness. “Um…okay.” Who was he to judge someone talking to themselves…or the statue? "Thanks," he added, accepting the book back. Could he get them out of this ackwardness that existed between the two housemates.

“You’re quite talented…” Well a compliment was something positive. And it was the truth.
Old 09-16-2022, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Peeves
Resident School Poltergeist | Unruly & Malicious

Where was Peeves? No one dared to ask or could ask. He was in STEALTH MODE, hehehe. Flying through the castle undetected was so much FUN, but not as fun as what could be had as he stopped short of the sound of studensies.

Fresh, naive studensies. Were they lovers? How delightful. They could enjoy this precious gift TOGETHER. Flipping through his new invisible book at a random page before brandishing it in front of the girl (Ashley) and then the boy (Rajesh). Now this will be FUN. They would be none the wiser.

Ehehehe.

P.S. Your bowtie is crooked. And your pink thestral pony is super girly.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Raj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

Raj couldn’t help the cringe as she startled, the sixth year feeling even worse about the interruption and surprise. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to surprise you…or bother you.” Not that he had meant to drop his book and she had obviously been distracted by her sketching and her conversation. He probably could have turned away and continued on his path to the common room without her notice without his clumsiness. “Um…okay.” Who was he to judge someone talking to themselves…or the statue? "Thanks," he added, accepting the book back. Could he get them out of this ackwardness that existed between the two housemates.

“You’re quite talented…” Well a compliment was something positive. And it was the truth.

"It's alright. I'm not bothered." But she was surprised. She disliked being surprised... not that it was his fault. He was probably really obvious, and she was just not paying attention. She struggled to pay attention to her surroundings when she was really focused, and that wasn't his fault either. A couple blue and gray flowers started to grow out of a crack in the statue, and she didn't notice that either even though they were right next to her.

"Thanks, I'm working hard on it. Art is my passion," Ash said, half-smiling. She loved it when people complimented her art, because she was confident about it and she didn't feel like they were lying. "I'm Ashley, or Ash, if you didn't know. I don't remember if we've met..." Well. She did remember. But it would take her forever to find that information among the huge amounts of random stuff in her head, and she'd get a headache. 'How long were you standing there for?" Out of curiosity. And the need to know if he'd heard what she was talking to the statue about. A couple more blue flowers started to grow by where her hand touched the floor. She did notice that. Curious, she picked one of them and tucked it in her hair. Yes, it was weird, but weird things happened constantly at Hogwarts.
Old 09-17-2022, 11:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

SPOILER!!: Ash
Quote:

"It's alright. I'm not bothered." But she was surprised. She disliked being surprised... not that it was his fault. He was probably really obvious, and she was just not paying attention. She struggled to pay attention to her surroundings when she was really focused, and that wasn't his fault either. A couple blue and gray flowers started to grow out of a crack in the statue, and she didn't notice that either even though they were right next to her.

"Thanks, I'm working hard on it. Art is my passion," Ash said, half-smiling. She loved it when people complimented her art, because she was confident about it and she didn't feel like they were lying. "I'm Ashley, or Ash, if you didn't know. I don't remember if we've met..." Well. She did remember. But it would take her forever to find that information among the huge amounts of random stuff in her head, and she'd get a headache. 'How long were you standing there for?" Out of curiosity. And the need to know if he'd heard what she was talking to the statue about. A couple more blue flowers started to grow by where her hand touched the floor. She did notice that. Curious, she picked one of them and tucked it in her hair. Yes, it was weird, but weird things happened constantly at Hogwarts.

Well, that was good at least, he hadn’t wanted to disturb his companion, especially when she had obviously been quite intent on her work. And her one-sided conversation with the statue. “You’re welcome,” he answered, returning her smile. The passion was evident by her distraction alongside her talent. It reminded him of his own…distractions…though most wouldn’t necessarily see potions and creatures as artistic.

At least he wasn’t the only one who couldn’t place if they had run into each other before. Ashley…looking to be around his age or so which could have meant six years or so of randomly not connecting. Gosh if his siblings knew they’d tease him not able to understand how he could be so closed off at times. “Nice to meet you…if we haven’t before.” There, that covers both potential situations for them. “I’m Rajesh…or Raj.” Either was fine by him.

“Just a few moments.” So totally not there to eavesdrop. Just spying momentarily on her work. And was he now spying flowers? His head tilting slightly out of curiosity. Had she conjured them?
Old 09-18-2022, 12:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

It was okay... Ash doubted he'd have wanted to meet her when she was a younger year(a terrible one), and she'd spent a lot of time at Hogwarts avoiding people, or skipping class to go cry. She still tended to avoid people, which was funny because she thought people liked her more now. She tugged at her right sleeve. "Nice to meet you Raj, whether we've met before or not." If neither of them remembered, it was less awkward for sure. "Oh, that's relieving. It would have been embarrassing if you were just standing here and I was accidentally ignoring you. And also... I didn't want anybody to hear me, which was why I was talking to the statue. Do you happen to be wandlessly, nonverbally growing flowers, or is that me doing it unintentionally?" She would be surprised if she was the one doing that, but she wouldn't be shocked if she lost control of her magic and accidentally put flowers everywhere. It seemed on brand. Anyway, the flowers were pretty and reflective of her mood, so she didn't worry about them too much. "Want one? They only come in blue, gray, and purple, but they're really pretty."
Old 09-19-2022, 02:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

“Nope…no ignoring. Not that I would have held that against you.” As it was he had been interrupting her. He was the rude one. Wandlessly and nonverbally growing flowers? “Um…not that I know of. Haven’t really tried working on wandless stuff.” If he was even capable of that type of magic. But judging by her question, she wasn’t consciously doing it either. That is definitely weird. Most random magic happened before one had control over it like before attending Hogwarts.

“They are…”he agreed, kneeling down to pick one of the purple ones as he took a closure look at them all. “Makes the castle warmer than just stone.” The sixth year sticking the stem under the edge of his sweater for safe keeping.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Ash tended to ignore lots of things when she was painting, so she was glad he wouldn't have held it against her. Because it wasn't at all personal or intentional. "I haven't either... nonverbal spellwork is the farthest I can go so far." Except for in the realm of patronuses, where the best she could do was 'nothing'. "Maybe one of us is losing control of our magic because... I don't know why that would happen. But it sounds like something that I'd do." She picked a flower, mostly unconcerned, and put it in her hair. "Gray flowers and brown hair goes nice on me. I think. to be honest, I have no way of telling." It wasn't like she looked in mirrors... but she'd painted gray and brown together before and it looked alright.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Maybe one of us is losing control of our magic

He supposed it was possible but how could one be certain? Or which one of them it actually was that was creating them. Rajesh looked to each of his hands in turn in wonder, his wand still secure in his robe pocket. Though he looked back at Alex as she seemed to be taking responsibility for the flowers. “You look nice…with them. Um… I mean they do look nice.” Okay so maybe that came out a little awkward but it was the truth. Flowers usually made things pretty.

Not that Ash wasn’t to begin with.

Okay what was that all about.

Last edited by Holmesian Feline; 09-22-2022 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

"Pretty." Ash picked a delicate flower growing by her foot and put it in her hair too. The more the merrier? It was beautiful, so it didn't matter that she already HAD flowers in her hair. She wanted more.

Raj was trying to say something, but she wasn't quite sure what he was saying or why he was rephrasing it. She listened with a look of mild confusion, eventually deducing that he was saying she was pretty. And the flowers were also pretty. And they also looked nice in a combination. After an awkwardly long pause, she understood. "Oh! Thanks! I was thinking the colors went nice in my art, so they should go nice on me." She was never really insecure about her looks(her personality gave her enough insecurity anyway), but it was still an ego boost to hear that she looked nice. Especially when that was one of the only things she was confident about. She smiled, genuinely for once.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

So cool…she wasn’t totally weirded out by his awkwardness and making things worse. “You’re welcome,” Raj responded with a smile of his own. It seemed Ash was quite happy with his answer and he was glad about that. She had looked more out of sorts when he had first stumbled upon her so an improved mood was certainly a plus. He nodded as she explained her train of thought, agreeing with her. “They seem to work with both for sure.” Soft colors that didn’t overwhelm.

“Speaking of art…I guess I should let you get back to it.” He had already distracted her for a bit of time…well he and the flowers.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

"You don't have to leave, I can finish my art later. You're more fun to talk to than the statue, no offense Boris the Bewildered. However if you have somewhere to be... don't let me stop you." She grinned. Ash enjoyed speaking to him, so she didn't want him to feel like his presence was unwelcome. "And if you're going, feel free to take more flowers. I'm not sure I'm allowed to just leave them here." Although she might leave one or two, just for fun. Nobody would mind a few flowers, would they?
Old 09-27-2022, 04:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

“Alas I was actually heading somewhere when I first came here.” Before he had gotten very thoroughly distracted by art, girl, and flowers. And accidentally dropping his book. “Though if you need someone other than Boris again…no offense,” the last added with a nod of respect to the statue,” you do know where to find me.” It wasn’t like they weren’t in the same house and likely to run into each other elsewhere and he could stand to be a listening ear again.

As for the flowers…

“I suppose taking some for the dorm won’t hurt…might improve it.” Because teenage boys could make a mess of things. Said the 16 year old leaning down and scooping up a few to keep safe in his free hand before straightening back to his full height. “See you around,” he remarked with a soft smile, then turning and leaving.