FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1173 users online including...
KeithStymn , PhoenixRising , Ronaldsnut , Austinwals , Alexrut , Stevendalo , Kimothy , Emzily , Andreascil , Eldarncb

14 members
1159 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side > Florean Fortescue's

Florean Fortescue's I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Come and treat yourself to a scoop after a long day of shopping.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 AM

Default Indoor Seating

Visiting Florean Fortescue's for a tasty treat? In the shop just to meet and greet with friends? Either way, you'll probably be looking for a place to sit down. Lining one of the walls of the parlour and mounted to the floor, are ten padded, white-leathered booth seats with chairs on the oppose side. Each chair has the ability to turn around and around, so be careful when seated, or else you just might spin yourself out of control!

If you're here with a crowd of friends or hoping for some company soon, you'll need to choose one of the many padded, white-leathered booths spread throughout the parlour. At each table, you'll find a menu showcasing all the tasty flavours available at Florean Fortescue's. A napkin dispenser can also be found at every table, just in case you have to clean up any ice cream accidents that do tend to happen.
Old 12-14-2022, 05:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Joel
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Sliding into one of white booth's inside Floreans Maria felt like a drenched cat. She knew they lived in England, and the weather was usually fickle with rain showers even in high summer, but this took the price. Her hair was so wet that it weighed a ton, pushing it out of her eyes and face she waited for daddy to come with the big icecream special they were going to share. Hopefully it had strawberries. Jerald was off with her brother looking at cauldrons, so she had her daddy all to herself. Maria knew that they were going to talk about things. Daddy had said so. Letters didn't help with explaining feelings and she had had quite a few ones, when her daddy had been mernapped in Atlanties out of contact, and she had had that weird, and scary invisibility power.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Sliding into one of white booth's inside Floreans Maria felt like a drenched cat. She knew they lived in England, and the weather was usually fickle with rain showers even in high summer, but this took the price. Her hair was so wet that it weighed a ton, pushing it out of her eyes and face she waited for daddy to come with the big icecream special they were going to share. Hopefully it had strawberries. Jerald was off with her brother looking at cauldrons, so she had her daddy all to herself. Maria knew that they were going to talk about things. Daddy had said so. Letters didn't help with explaining feelings and she had had quite a few ones, when her daddy had been mernapped in Atlanties out of contact, and she had had that weird, and scary invisibility power.

Boy, was it drenched out. Kingston knew their stay in England for the wedding ceremony would be a trip, but this was something else. He and Jer would soon be tying the knot within a month and the goosebumps were rising in a pleasant way as all their relatives were coming in. Part of his Giant descended clan included in a private but not small ceremony. It was quite an emotional journey since his return from Atlantis. The Quarter-Giant man would be spending the day wit his One-eighth giant sweetness with a delectable treat to match. He ordered them the giant sundae that they could share with plenty of strawberries for his princess.

"Aw, baby, you got your hair wet again," Kingston giggled at how adorable she looked. "Here, I'll fix it for you," Despite his rocky relationship with his ex-wife in the past, learning to style their hair type was a trait he would always thank her in teaching him. His personal choice in shaving his own head left him with little expertise on hair beforehand and she insisted on teaching him for Maria's sake as soon as she was born.

Of course, he's very cordial with his ex now and friendly around the kids. After setting down the sundae treat, he took his wand out to dry out Maria's hair. At first doing the usual side effect of air drying, the hair fluffed out soft and cloud-like. Then watching each strand that was frizzy soften at his wand's touch to it's usual soft waves and occasional curls that she could run her fingers through easily once again without it frizzing. "How's that? I hope you worked up an appetite cause I sure am starving" His usual laugh again. It had been sometime this month that he could easily laugh again and boy was it nice.

But Kingston knew his baby princess had a difficult time and like before he'd tear down trees to see her smile again, "Are you looking forward to the wedding? I have a feeling Emari serving as the ring bearer may not need to sit in the wagon anymore with how big he's grown." His own son, two years old and already trying to chase butterflies. He would ask the other lingering question, but he trusted Maria would express herself when comfortable enough and he wanted to make it easier for her to do so.

Last edited by Charely Potter; 12-15-2022 at 12:45 AM.
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Maria felt like a drenched cat, and that her daddy thought that she looked adorable made her feel even worse. She just stayed quiet, and stared straight ahead as he fixed up her hair for her like her mother used to do. Maria had big bushy hair that looked horrible when it was wet, and this rain didn't help. Pushing damp strands of hair out of her face she asked "Can we go buy some magic hair products later? I can't do that hair fixing charm good enough yet." Practice makes perfect right, but her hair was difficult.

"Thanks daddy!" Maria murmured as she let a hand run over her hair. Feeling her stomach growl she went pink as she laughed a little. "I think my stomach just spoke for itself." Gesturing to the sundae she said "It looks yummy. Is the sundae just full of yummy icecream flavours?" Basically she wanted to know where the strawberries were so she could dig in there first.

Nodding Maria said "Yes, of course I am daddy. I'm excited for Jerald to be one of us forever now after the wedding..and i'll get to be the flower girl, still right?" She did not want to talk about Emari...he was just annoying most of the time.

"Did Jerald tell you how I wanted to not be at Hoggies, when you were mernapped? And that i cried a lot?" Maria wondered quietly.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Maria felt like a drenched cat, and that her daddy thought that she looked adorable made her feel even worse. She just stayed quiet, and stared straight ahead as he fixed up her hair for her like her mother used to do. Maria had big bushy hair that looked horrible when it was wet, and this rain didn't help. Pushing damp strands of hair out of her face she asked "Can we go buy some magic hair products later? I can't do that hair fixing charm good enough yet." Practice makes perfect right, but her hair was difficult.

"Thanks daddy!" Maria murmured as she let a hand run over her hair. Feeling her stomach growl she went pink as she laughed a little. "I think my stomach just spoke for itself." Gesturing to the sundae she said "It looks yummy. Is the sundae just full of yummy icecream flavours?" Basically she wanted to know where the strawberries were so she could dig in there first.

Nodding Maria said "Yes, of course I am daddy. I'm excited for Jerald to be one of us forever now after the wedding..and i'll get to be the flower girl, still right?" She did not want to talk about Emari...he was just annoying most of the time.

"Did Jerald tell you how I wanted to not be at Hoggies, when you were mernapped? And that i cried a lot?" Maria wondered quietly.

"Of course, princess," Kingston knew which ones to get for Maria. She was a teenager now and even more self-conscious and wanting to look her best. Thankfully there wasn't a lack of their type of magical hair products compared to back in Iceland.

His own stomach made a similar noise leading to his usual laughter, "Sure did, got the nepolitan and strawberry jam over on this side," Kingston beamed pointing where they were with the spoon before handing her the spoon to dig in. "Yes you are our one and only flower girl," Perfect in his eyes. "I'm very proud of you for doing your best in handling this different and difficult situation," It was a serious thing to discuss. "Jerald had told me that he informed you that I would be okay and listened to your concerns," It did break his quarter-giant heart on seeing and hearing how hurt his baby was that it moved her to tears. It was hard for him as well to be separated. "I'll let you know though, my capture was a result of misunderstanding that was eventually resolved. The worst they did was not let anyone leave right away or communicate with anyone above. " To ease any other concerns she said. "I'm just so happy to be with you again. We're going to make the most of our time from here on." He never wanted to leave his baby for so long again. It was also why his honeymoon wouldn't be right away.

He would continue the serious discussion as long as needed. Afterward, after shoveling quite a bit of ice cream from his side of the bowl. He would then ask more about her time, "How else has your time at Hogwarts been? Did you make any new friends? New activities and classes you're looking forward to?"

Old 12-22-2022, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

"Of course, princess," Kingston knew which ones to get for Maria. She was a teenager now and even more self-conscious and wanting to look her best. Thankfully there wasn't a lack of their type of magical hair products compared to back in Iceland.

His own stomach made a similar noise leading to his usual laughter, "Sure did, got the nepolitan and strawberry jam over on this side," Kingston beamed pointing where they were with the spoon before handing her the spoon to dig in. "Yes you are our one and only flower girl," Perfect in his eyes. "I'm very proud of you for doing your best in handling this different and difficult situation," It was a serious thing to discuss. "Jerald had told me that he informed you that I would be okay and listened to your concerns," It did break his quarter-giant heart on seeing and hearing how hurt his baby was that it moved her to tears. It was hard for him as well to be separated. "I'll let you know though, my capture was a result of misunderstanding that was eventually resolved. The worst they did was not let anyone leave right away or communicate with anyone above. " To ease any other concerns she said. "I'm just so happy to be with you again. We're going to make the most of our time from here on." He never wanted to leave his baby for so long again. It was also why his honeymoon wouldn't be right away.

He would continue the serious discussion as long as needed. Afterward, after shoveling quite a bit of ice cream from his side of the bowl. He would then ask more about her time, "How else has your time at Hogwarts been? Did you make any new friends? New activities and classes you're looking forward to?"
Maria let out a breath she didn't know she had held in and murmured "Then we can go to Primps later?" Maybe she could convince her dad to buy her more than just hair products like makeup? Taking the spoon from her dads she quickly dug into the strawberry jam side. After eating the first spoonful Marias eyes lit up, and she beamed warmly at her dad. "Floreans icecream is always so delicious don't you think daddy?" Eating another bite she thought about the wedding, and was happy that she was going to be the only flower girl there. "I get to wear the pretty dress, and I hope Emari doesn't give me a sloppy wet brotherly kiss that will ruin my makeup." She mumbled to herself more than to her dad, but she know he heard her because her daddy had that knack.

Maria ate more icecream and enjoyed it until daddy began explaining about his mernapping. Slowly she raised her head to look her daddy in the eyes as she said in a small tone that probably sounded like she was 6 again not 13.."I know Jerald did his best to make sure I knew you were okay, but not seeing you or hearing from you for so long gave me nightmares...It hurt because I worried so much.." It felt right to let out all her feelings and thoughts. It probably hurt her daddy though and she didn't want that. "I'm glad your home now and that we will be together all summer until I go back to hoggies again."

Maria kept quiet for a few minutes while she ate a lot more icecream to let herself think about school instead of the though stuff. "I've made some new friends like Desiree and Jude. And I'm taking Runes, CoMC and Muggle Studies as my new electives...because I can't take them all right? she asked. Maria had gotten better at flying too and her wandwork.

Last edited by Nordic Witch; 12-24-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Nordic Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 02:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Maria let out a breath she didn't know she had held in and murmured "Then we can go to Primps later?" Maybe she could convince her dad to buy her more than just hair products like makeup? Taking the spoon from her dads she quickly dug into the strawberry jam side. After eating the first spoonful Marias eyes lit up, and she beamed warmly at her dad. "Floreans icecream is always so delicious don't you think daddy?" Eating another bite she thought about the wedding, and was happy that she was going to be the only flower girl there. "I get to wear the pretty dress, and I hope Emari doesn't give me a sloppy wet brotherly kiss that will ruin my makeup." She mumbled to herself more than to her dad, but she know he heard her because her daddy had that knack.

Maria ate more icecream and enjoyed it until daddy began explaining about his mernapping. Slowly she raised her head to look her daddy in the eyes as she said in a small tone that probably sounded like she was 6 again not 13.."I know Jerald did his best to make sure I knew you were okay, but not seeing you or hearing from you for so long gave me nightmares...It hurt because I worried so much.." It felt right to let out all her feelings and thoughts. It probably hurt her daddy though and she didn't want that. "I'm glad your home now and that we will be together all summer until I go back to hoggies again."

Maria kept quiet for a few minutes while she ate a lot more icecream to let herself think about school instead of the though stuff. "I've made some new friends like Desiree and Jude. And I'm taking Runes, CoMC and Muggle Studies as my new electives...because I can't take them all right? she asked. Maria had gotten better at flying too and her wandwork.

"Of course dear, and then we can go to Malkin's to get you more clothes," Kingston said in-between his spoonfuls of ice cream. Daddy-daughter dates were the best. He was especially glad her mother allowed her to stay with him after he was mernapped. The time apart really did help his relationship with his ex-wife. But enough on that, "Mmhmm, this is delicious! I'm trying not to take any of your share," Giggling again. He would never take her share, it was too of a good purchase and she deserved as much as she liked. He tried not to giggle too loud at what she said. He adored his family unit and was pleased to see Emari take well to his big sister. He imagined he would be wiping his little tears when she goes back to Hogwarts.

While it did sting hearing and seeing his baby girl hurt, he knew it was inevitable. "Aw, sweetie," Jerald did his best but feelings were not easy to calm in this matter specifically. Kingston wrapped an arm around Maria into his usual bear side hugs, "I know, and it's okay you felt that way. We'll be spending the rest of our time together, no interruptions until you head back to school."

"That's great, Maria," Hearing about her new friends, "You know you're also welcome to invite any and as many of your friends to the wedding if you would like," Though she had an important job she was looking forward to, the party scene he imagined she would want to spend time not babysitting little Emari. "Maybe even... a special someone," Trying his best not to giggle. Was it too early for her to have a date? Whatever made her comfortable he was perfectly happy to accommodate. "Ohh, very nice. We'll get those books just for you then so you'll be ready then," Then adding, "Maybe even a new broom.." Was he spoiling her? Yes. And proudly too, after such a hard time.

Old 01-02-2023, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

"Of course dear, and then we can go to Malkin's to get you more clothes," Kingston said in-between his spoonfuls of ice cream. Daddy-daughter dates were the best. He was especially glad her mother allowed her to stay with him after he was mernapped. The time apart really did help his relationship with his ex-wife. But enough on that, "Mmhmm, this is delicious! I'm trying not to take any of your share," Giggling again. He would never take her share, it was too of a good purchase and she deserved as much as she liked. He tried not to giggle too loud at what she said. He adored his family unit and was pleased to see Emari take well to his big sister. He imagined he would be wiping his little tears when she goes back to Hogwarts.

While it did sting hearing and seeing his baby girl hurt, he knew it was inevitable. "Aw, sweetie," Jerald did his best but feelings were not easy to calm in this matter specifically. Kingston wrapped an arm around Maria into his usual bear side hugs, "I know, and it's okay you felt that way. We'll be spending the rest of our time together, no interruptions until you head back to school."

"That's great, Maria," Hearing about her new friends, "You know you're also welcome to invite any and as many of your friends to the wedding if you would like," Though she had an important job she was looking forward to, the party scene he imagined she would want to spend time not babysitting little Emari. "Maybe even... a special someone," Trying his best not to giggle. Was it too early for her to have a date? Whatever made her comfortable he was perfectly happy to accommodate. "Ohh, very nice. We'll get those books just for you then so you'll be ready then," Then adding, "Maybe even a new broom.." Was he spoiling her? Yes. And proudly too, after such a hard time.
More clothes? She could get a new blouse, a new skirt and all the things that were now too short? In between mouthfuls of ice cream she beamed brightly "Thank you, thank you daddy you are the bestest! Most of my school clothes are getting too short." Dads usually didn’t like going clothes shopping with their teen daughters, but her dad did and that made him the best without question. Eating more ice cream even though she was starting to feel full up Maria asked "Can we try making ice cream at home? Or maybe bake something? I want to give Emari something delicious too." Maria loved her little brother and he deserved something delicious to feast on too.

When her daddy wrapped her in one of his usual bear side hugs she held on longer as she murmured quietly "Must i go back to school? Can’t I stay home with you all and study from afar?" It was something that she had been thinking about a little lately. If she saw her daddy everyday then he wouldn’t be mernapped again.

Eyes going big and wide with shock at the suggestion Maria pulled out of the hug to stare up into her dad’s eyes "Who says that I have a boyfriend? Jerald? There is Kion I suppose. He is nice and he makes me feel warm and giggly inside, but I don’t know him very well yet." That she could invite friends to the wedding was forgotten amidst the shock of her daddy believing that she had a boyfriend.

“Can I get a broom that is good for chasers?" She wondered,as her pulse started to slow down as the shock settled. To get new clothes, a broom, hair products, books and maybe candy too? This was the best Diagon Alley outing ever.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default For Astrid/Ash
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Since moving to Canada for university, Heath’s visits to London were few and far between. It was even rarer that they happened in the middle of the school year. As it was, his grandmother’s birthday was this weekend, which, knowing that side of the family, was bound to be a lavish affair. In other words, not his cup of tea at all! He probably would’ve stayed home and made some excuse about too much schoolwork (which wasn’t far from the truth), had he not gotten a letter from Ash.

As soon as he learned that his friend needed a listening ear, he scheduled a meet up for the same weekend he was supposed to be in London anyway. A couple of days here, then back to school. That was the plan. He sat at a table near the entrance, absentmindedly stirring his ice cream - one scoop pumpkin juice and one scoop creme brulee, a concoction his pumpkin-obsessed mother would’ve approved. His dark eyes flicked forward the door, watching for Ash. What was it that she needed to talk about?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash was better. As better as she could be, considering she was Ash and she was rarely better at anything when it came to her personal life. But she actually was sort of better. Since the summer, her life had calmed down a bit, and she wasn't worried about her safety or her apartment or things like that. Instead, she was worried about getting support for her business idea, and the upcoming trial, and what she was going to do all day now that she was an adult (so far, it was getting adopted by about 500 friends' families, and painting, and divination, and therapy, and reading). Also, she saw her stepmother and half-brother every week and usually it went fine (except for the time Charlie had pulled her hair and she yelled at him and then felt bad because he was 4). So... she was better. Mostly.

She was late again, though she'd warned Heath(big bro) that she was in the habit of being late to things. She was only a little late, and from the appearance of her dress and jacket and hair she certainly seemed to have been rushing. She smiled as soon as she saw him-- Ash really had a lovely smile, when she was wearing it. "Heath!" She slipped into the seat across from him. "I see you've already gotten your ice cream. That's good. I didn't keep you waiting too long, did I? I tried my best to be on time but somehow I am never on time and it's frustrating." All this tumbled out of her mouth in one breath, and she was still smiling despite her apologies. She was so excited to see him! "How are you doing?" Yes, she knew that one reason they were meeting was because she was a mess and sort of needed a good listener, but that didn't mean she wasn't allowed to ask after him. He probably hadn't seen the newspaper articles about her family, so it wasn't like there was an elephant in the room. No need to rush. After all, they were catching up. She hadn't seen him in ages, and she'd missed him.
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 05:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash was better. As better as she could be, considering she was Ash and she was rarely better at anything when it came to her personal life. But she actually was sort of better. Since the summer, her life had calmed down a bit, and she wasn't worried about her safety or her apartment or things like that. Instead, she was worried about getting support for her business idea, and the upcoming trial, and what she was going to do all day now that she was an adult (so far, it was getting adopted by about 500 friends' families, and painting, and divination, and therapy, and reading). Also, she saw her stepmother and half-brother every week and usually it went fine (except for the time Charlie had pulled her hair and she yelled at him and then felt bad because he was 4). So... she was better. Mostly.

She was late again, though she'd warned Heath(big bro) that she was in the habit of being late to things. She was only a little late, and from the appearance of her dress and jacket and hair she certainly seemed to have been rushing. She smiled as soon as she saw him-- Ash really had a lovely smile, when she was wearing it. "Heath!" She slipped into the seat across from him. "I see you've already gotten your ice cream. That's good. I didn't keep you waiting too long, did I? I tried my best to be on time but somehow I am never on time and it's frustrating." All this tumbled out of her mouth in one breath, and she was still smiling despite her apologies. She was so excited to see him! "How are you doing?" Yes, she knew that one reason they were meeting was because she was a mess and sort of needed a good listener, but that didn't mean she wasn't allowed to ask after him. He probably hadn't seen the newspaper articles about her family, so it wasn't like there was an elephant in the room. No need to rush. After all, they were catching up. She hadn't seen him in ages, and she'd missed him.
Heath wasn’t worried about Ash being late. Well, maybe that was a poor choice of words. By “not worried”, he meant “not annoyed”. He was mildly concerned that she might be late because something bad happened, but that thought disappeared as soon as he saw her arrive. “Ash! Hi!” He greeted with a huge smile. His dark hair fell into his eyes as she shook his head. “No, not at all. Besides, I have this to pass the time.” He gestured toward his ice cream dish. “Want some? My treat.”

How long had it been since he last saw Ash? Too long. He really needed to come back to London more often, but… school and work. “I’ve been well,” he replied, “just busy with university and work. I’m starring in a production of Dracula later this month.” It was nothing fancy, just a play put on by the school, but it was still fun. “How are you?”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 01-18-2023, 02:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

"Yes, please. I love ice cream." She hesitated. "I can get my own... You really don't need to pay for it." She should have paid for his, or- or- they both should have paid for their own or... any possible combination that didn't involve him spending his probably hard-earned money on her. There appeared to be only two of those combinations, but she tried to think of some more.

Ash grinned as Heath brought up his acting. For some reason, that was one of her favorite things about him. "Does that mean you get to be Dracula? Who are you playing?" She'd be impressed if he got to be Dracula. But she'd be impressed no matter who he played. She thought he was the best and should get to be in everything (she was biased). "I am... better. I don't go to university and I don't have a proper job but I do have my own place and I'm working on my future plans with some of my dad's connections." She hesitated, not sure that she was accurately explaining her situation. So she pulled some things out of her bag: a picture of her painting happily, a picture of her and her boyfriend, a picture of her and her friends, and a big newspaper article talking about her dad and the... situation. "It's been a busy couple of months... but I'm doing okay. Promise."
Old 01-25-2023, 01:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"Yes, please. I love ice cream." She hesitated. "I can get my own... You really don't need to pay for it." She should have paid for his, or- or- they both should have paid for their own or... any possible combination that didn't involve him spending his probably hard-earned money on her. There appeared to be only two of those combinations, but she tried to think of some more.

Ash grinned as Heath brought up his acting. For some reason, that was one of her favorite things about him. "Does that mean you get to be Dracula? Who are you playing?" She'd be impressed if he got to be Dracula. But she'd be impressed no matter who he played. She thought he was the best and should get to be in everything (she was biased). "I am... better. I don't go to university and I don't have a proper job but I do have my own place and I'm working on my future plans with some of my dad's connections." She hesitated, not sure that she was accurately explaining her situation. So she pulled some things out of her bag: a picture of her painting happily, a picture of her and her boyfriend, a picture of her and her friends, and a big newspaper article talking about her dad and the... situation. "It's been a busy couple of months... but I'm doing okay. Promise."
Heath was hardly surprised to hear that Ash wanted ice cream. Who didn’t love ice cream?! He was moderately surprised by her hesitation. If she wanted Ice cream, why did-? Ohh. Understanding dawned in his eyes, and he smiled slightly. “That works too,” he replied. He could respect Ash’s wish to pay for herself - she reminded him of Claudine in that way - but he wouldn’t be a good friend if he didn’t at least offer!

As the subject turned to his latest acting project, he gave a dramatic twirl of his jacket and put on an exaggerated Transylvanian accent as he replied, “I am Dracula.” Not that he planned to ever use that accent onstage; his version of Dracula was meant to be tragic, not over-the-top comedic. The voice was just an attempt to make Ash laugh. Returning to his normal voice, he added with a chuckle, “I think the director only cast me because he thought I look the part!” He was joking, of course. He worked hard to earn that role!

Hearing Ash’s plans had him smiling again. “Sounds like you’re off to a great start,” he said. Probably better than he was when he left Hogwarts. “I hope those future plans involve art!” Ash was a great artist! Heath’s dark eyes scanned the photos laid out, but his face fell as he read the newspaper article. “Please tell me the connections you’re working with aren’t involved in any of this,” he said quietly. He looked at her with concern, but he would take her word for it when she said she was okay. “If you ever need anything, you can always come to Claudine and me. We’ll figure something out.”

Old 01-25-2023, 03:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Heath(the best)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath was hardly surprised to hear that Ash wanted ice cream. Who didn’t love ice cream?! He was moderately surprised by her hesitation. If she wanted Ice cream, why did-? Ohh. Understanding dawned in his eyes, and he smiled slightly. “That works too,” he replied. He could respect Ash’s wish to pay for herself - she reminded him of Claudine in that way - but he wouldn’t be a good friend if he didn’t at least offer!

As the subject turned to his latest acting project, he gave a dramatic twirl of his jacket and put on an exaggerated Transylvanian accent as he replied, “I am Dracula.” Not that he planned to ever use that accent onstage; his version of Dracula was meant to be tragic, not over-the-top comedic. The voice was just an attempt to make Ash laugh. Returning to his normal voice, he added with a chuckle, “I think the director only cast me because he thought I look the part!” He was joking, of course. He worked hard to earn that role!

Hearing Ash’s plans had him smiling again. “Sounds like you’re off to a great start,” he said. Probably better than he was when he left Hogwarts. “I hope those future plans involve art!” Ash was a great artist! Heath’s dark eyes scanned the photos laid out, but his face fell as he read the newspaper article. “Please tell me the connections you’re working with aren’t involved in any of this,” he said quietly. He looked at her with concern, but he would take her word for it when she said she was okay. “If you ever need anything, you can always come to Claudine and me. We’ll figure something out.”

It worked. Ash genuinely laughed, and cracked another smile that seemed to brighten her a little. "I knew you'd be Dracula! Not because you look like him and have a cool jacket, but because you're the best! What other lines do you have?" That was HER older-brother-figure-friend being the lead. And HER older-sister-figure-friend's boyfriend. Ash enthusiastically thought it was the best thing ever, despite not really being an enjoyer of plays. "You're great." It was the truth, as she saw it.

"Do you really think so?" Ash didn't feel like she was doing amazing. Except... living was pretty amazing, graduating Hogwarts was pretty amazing, having a boyfriend was pretty amazing, and finally having a safe apartment where she could go and relax was pretty amazing. So maybe she was doing alright? The parts where she never applied to university, failed all her driving tests, burned her dinner, spent a week of summer stuck with her dad again, and did other ill-advised things weren't the ONLY parts that determined how well she was doing. However, they were the parts that she tended to dwell on. She sighed, resting her chin on her hand. "They're not involved with him, exactly... it's more like they want to make him look bad and are fine with using me do do it as long as I prove I can come out on top. Which means... winning at legal things. And tabloid article things. And stuff like that, before they'll agree to help me with my nonprofit. That's what I want to do. Start my nonprofit and also do some writing things. But of course I'll continue making art personally, because art's my passion." That earned a smile. She could think about art all day. "I made one of the rooms in my apartment an art studio." She nodded at what he said about him and Claudine, considering. She'd keep it in mind for if she desperately needed it, but honestly she wanted to prove that she didn't need help and she could adult on her own even when things were hard. She wasn't sure that she could... hence the need to prove herself. "It's a kind offer, and I'll take you up on it only if I really have to. I think I'm going to get chocolate peanut butter. For my ice cream. Are you allergic to peanuts?"
Old 01-29-2023, 11:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

SPOILER!!: Ash ^_^
Quote:

It worked. Ash genuinely laughed, and cracked another smile that seemed to brighten her a little. "I knew you'd be Dracula! Not because you look like him and have a cool jacket, but because you're the best! What other lines do you have?" That was HER older-brother-figure-friend being the lead. And HER older-sister-figure-friend's boyfriend. Ash enthusiastically thought it was the best thing ever, despite not really being an enjoyer of plays. "You're great." It was the truth, as she saw it.

"Do you really think so?" Ash didn't feel like she was doing amazing. Except... living was pretty amazing, graduating Hogwarts was pretty amazing, having a boyfriend was pretty amazing, and finally having a safe apartment where she could go and relax was pretty amazing. So maybe she was doing alright? The parts where she never applied to university, failed all her driving tests, burned her dinner, spent a week of summer stuck with her dad again, and did other ill-advised things weren't the ONLY parts that determined how well she was doing. However, they were the parts that she tended to dwell on. She sighed, resting her chin on her hand. "They're not involved with him, exactly... it's more like they want to make him look bad and are fine with using me do do it as long as I prove I can come out on top. Which means... winning at legal things. And tabloid article things. And stuff like that, before they'll agree to help me with my nonprofit. That's what I want to do. Start my nonprofit and also do some writing things. But of course I'll continue making art personally, because art's my passion." That earned a smile. She could think about art all day. "I made one of the rooms in my apartment an art studio." She nodded at what he said about him and Claudine, considering. She'd keep it in mind for if she desperately needed it, but honestly she wanted to prove that she didn't need help and she could adult on her own even when things were hard. She wasn't sure that she could... hence the need to prove herself. "It's a kind offer, and I'll take you up on it only if I really have to. I think I'm going to get chocolate peanut butter. For my ice cream. Are you allergic to peanuts?"

Heath smiled, pleased to see that his Dracula impression got a laugh from Ash. Her laugh and the mention of his jacket made it impossible not to laugh along with her. “Thanks!” he replied. “I wear a cape in the show, but this was the best I could do with what I have.” Cue another dramatic jacket twirl. As for his lines… “Most of my lines are sung. It’s Dracula: the musical. Want to hear a sample?” He was already contemplating which song to sing… preferably one without romantic or violent undertones! The problem was that all of his songs had one or the other.

“Absolutely!” Heath replied to Ash’s question with an emphatic nod. He didn’t have to think twice about it; he knew she could handle what life threw her way. “You’ve got this! You’re strong enough to overcome any setbacks that come your way,” He wouldn’t lie to her, especially not about something like that!

His mind was buzzing in a million different directions as he listened. He wasn’t sure he liked the sound of those connections. While he was relieved to hear that they weren’t part of anything criminal, but the fact that they were willing to use Ash for anything sounded a lot like extortion to him. And what would happen if she didn’t win for them? There had to be another way to get her what she wanted! She mentioned writing. Maybe his dad could help her with that. “If you think that’s the best way to go about it, then I’m happy for you,” he said. Despite his concerns, he wasn’t going to tell her what to do. “What’s your nonprofit? And what kind of writing do you wnat to do?” He had allll the questions!

Old 01-30-2023, 01:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Heath(e best Dracula)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Heath smiled, pleased to see that his Dracula impression got a laugh from Ash. Her laugh and the mention of his jacket made it impossible not to laugh along with her. “Thanks!” he replied. “I wear a cape in the show, but this was the best I could do with what I have.” Cue another dramatic jacket twirl. As for his lines… “Most of my lines are sung. It’s Dracula: the musical. Want to hear a sample?” He was already contemplating which song to sing… preferably one without romantic or violent undertones! The problem was that all of his songs had one or the other.

“Absolutely!” Heath replied to Ash’s question with an emphatic nod. He didn’t have to think twice about it; he knew she could handle what life threw her way. “You’ve got this! You’re strong enough to overcome any setbacks that come your way,” He wouldn’t lie to her, especially not about something like that!

His mind was buzzing in a million different directions as he listened. He wasn’t sure he liked the sound of those connections. While he was relieved to hear that they weren’t part of anything criminal, but the fact that they were willing to use Ash for anything sounded a lot like extortion to him. And what would happen if she didn’t win for them? There had to be another way to get her what she wanted! She mentioned writing. Maybe his dad could help her with that. “If you think that’s the best way to go about it, then I’m happy for you,” he said. Despite his concerns, he wasn’t going to tell her what to do. “What’s your nonprofit? And what kind of writing do you wnat to do?” He had allll the questions!

The more Heath talked about Dracula, the more Ash smiled. "Yes! Please sing me something!" She loved music, and she'd never ever heard any Dracula: The Musical songs. Now she had her heart set on hearing him sing it. Heath always had a way of cheering her up- whether it was talking about Dracula or reassuring her that he believed in her. She smiled.

"It's about the only way to go about it, short of asking my dad." Which obviously wouldn't work. She chewed her lip. "It's not great, honestly. I don't like knowing that they don't really care about my ideas at all, and just want more power for themselves. But hey." The smile returned. "Tt's nothing personal." Ash hated when things were personal, like it had always been with her dad. She preferred this. "I've always wanted to write a memoir, but I don't think I can do that until I'm... old and almost dead. So for now I guess I could write essays about different things I want to advocate for." Ash loved writing and art. She couldn't live without it, whether people liked her writing and art or not. So far, they seemed to. It was nice. "Um..." Ash hesitated at the question about her nonprofit idea. "It's going to be helping families like mine get better before they end up like mine," she answered vaguely, tugging on her bracelets. She didn't want to discuss it too much in public, where everyone could hear. "I want to address 2 or 3 issues contained within that. I'd love to tell you more about it later. Maybe at my house." She lit up. "You should see my apartment! Claudine should also see my apartment. It was too bad you couldn't attend my housewarming party."

Ooh. Speaking of Claudine... "How's Canada? Are you and Claudine living your best lives?"
Old 02-05-2023, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

SPOILER!!: Ash ^_^
Quote:

The more Heath talked about Dracula, the more Ash smiled. "Yes! Please sing me something!" She loved music, and she'd never ever heard any Dracula: The Musical songs. Now she had her heart set on hearing him sing it. Heath always had a way of cheering her up- whether it was talking about Dracula or reassuring her that he believed in her. She smiled.

"It's about the only way to go about it, short of asking my dad." Which obviously wouldn't work. She chewed her lip. "It's not great, honestly. I don't like knowing that they don't really care about my ideas at all, and just want more power for themselves. But hey." The smile returned. "Tt's nothing personal." Ash hated when things were personal, like it had always been with her dad. She preferred this. "I've always wanted to write a memoir, but I don't think I can do that until I'm... old and almost dead. So for now I guess I could write essays about different things I want to advocate for." Ash loved writing and art. She couldn't live without it, whether people liked her writing and art or not. So far, they seemed to. It was nice. "Um..." Ash hesitated at the question about her nonprofit idea. "It's going to be helping families like mine get better before they end up like mine," she answered vaguely, tugging on her bracelets. She didn't want to discuss it too much in public, where everyone could hear. "I want to address 2 or 3 issues contained within that. I'd love to tell you more about it later. Maybe at my house." She lit up. "You should see my apartment! Claudine should also see my apartment. It was too bad you couldn't attend my housewarming party."

Ooh. Speaking of Claudine... "How's Canada? Are you and Claudine living your best lives?"

Heath’s face brightened at the sight of Ash’s smile. Somehow he knew she’d be up for a song. The only question was which one. Ah, he had it! He got quiet, taking a moment to get into character. His posture changed, and his dark hair fell into his face as he bowed his head. In an instant, he was no longer Heathcliff Jones; he was Vlad Dracula contemplating his sad existence.

“The longer I live the less I’m certain that I have all the answers right, I’d give all my yesterdays for one more night…” he sang, keeping his voice down to convey Dracula’s sadness and to avoid disturbing the other ice cream shop customers who didn’t come for a concert. He cast a longing look toward the door, as if awaiting Mina Harker’s arrival. “It’s hard to make each moment count when you’re alone, maybe that’s all I need to know…” When he was done, he looked at Ash expectantly. “So what did you think?”

Heath still didn’t like the sound of Ash’s arrangement, especially when he heard about their desire for power, but he said nothing more on the subject. The mention of a memoir got a laugh from him. “Plenty of people who aren’t old and almost dead write memoirs,” he said. “I’d love to read yours someday.” An idea suddenly occurred to him when he heard about the essays. “If you’re looking for somewhere to publish your essays, my dad might be able to help you… depending on the topic. He’s a magazine editor.”

Heath still had questions about Ash’s nonprofit idea, but he took hesitation and bracelet tugging as his cue to keep quiet. Instead he kept the conversation light. “I’m in London til Monday. Maybe I can drop by before I leave?” he said. He’d love to see Ash’s apartment, though he felt a little guilty about missing her party. He made a mental note to buy a housewarming gift as soon as he got back to Canada; Claudine would probably want to help pick it out! Speaking of whom, his face lit up at the mention of the girlfriend. “We’re both doing well. Hard to believe we’re in our final year of university already!”

What life had in store for them next was anyone’s guess!

Old 02-11-2023, 10:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Stella and Aria!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

A jaunt back to the UK naturally meant the newly 19-year-old had to take a swing through Florean's to get a double scoop of ice cream. It wasn't quite as fun being here when Lisa wasn't, but the taste was still worth it. Taking a bite of his chocolate frog ice cream, he glanced outside of one of the large windows he'd sat himself in front of, watching the hustle and bustle of the street as another bite was spoon fed into his mouth.

It was crazy how it was already January, meaning his gap year only had a few months left to go, and he was no closer to figure out what was next. Did he take another? Did he just... go to university and hope something presented itself? Perhaps he should go to the tattoo parlour right now and see if they'd take an apprentice.

Pausing in his eating, he reached for his bag and pulled out a notebook, scrawling Pros/Cons on the top and creating two columns. Might as well do the Evan thing now and over analyze everything.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 08:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Default Kath/Anna <3
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

Change in hand, Solly's palm was soon sweating after waiting in the queue for far longer than he had wanted to. Finally his turn, he chose his usual of Ton-Tongue Toffee, despite eyeing the Barbequed Sausage option for the longest time. He had decided to go against his impulsive thoughts, because even though he enjoyed a barbequed sausage on its own, it didn't mean it worked in an ice cream...

After purchasing and handing over the sweaty coins, Solomon sat himself in a booth and people watched for a while, when a brown dollop spilled ice cream onto his trousers. He grumbled, but simply used his hand to wipe it away, then proceeded to lick the schmutz from his hand. Messes didn't bother him AT ALL, even if there were brown and in places that brown messes shouldn't be...

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing
Emzily is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
Change in hand, Solly's palm was soon sweating after waiting in the queue for far longer than he had wanted to. Finally his turn, he chose his usual of Ton-Tongue Toffee, despite eyeing the Barbequed Sausage option for the longest time. He had decided to go against his impulsive thoughts, because even though he enjoyed a barbequed sausage on its own, it didn't mean it worked in an ice cream...

After purchasing and handing over the sweaty coins, Solomon sat himself in a booth and people watched for a while, when a brown dollop spilled ice cream onto his trousers. He grumbled, but simply used his hand to wipe it away, then proceeded to lick the schmutz from his hand. Messes didn't bother him AT ALL, even if there were brown and in places that brown messes shouldn't be...
Anna may not have much money left in her pockets, but she sure had a lot of leaflets and unused napkins from Florean's stuff in them! She had collected them from various points around the Alley and must have been dropped and misplaced but customers or the Ice Cream Bears, so she felt it only right that she return them. They were still useable! Though she may hold on to the napkins because they made for excellent tissues and shoe stuffers for when she stepped in puddles and needed a quick fix to dry off.

And speaking of all things loveable and wet!

"Solomon!" she chirped, now hopping forward on both feet and waving her arms to encourage his attention towards her more. "Solomon! Solomon! SolomonSolomon! Sooooooooolomon! HI!"

Chances were he had heard her the first time...but surely he could not be all that upset with her for being so excited to see her friend, Solomon the Valiant and not the Apologetic of the Glistening Waters.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 08:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Anna may not have much money left in her pockets, but she sure had a lot of leaflets and unused napkins from Florean's stuff in them! She had collected them from various points around the Alley and must have been dropped and misplaced but customers or the Ice Cream Bears, so she felt it only right that she return them. They were still useable! Though she may hold on to the napkins because they made for excellent tissues and shoe stuffers for when she stepped in puddles and needed a quick fix to dry off.

And speaking of all things loveable and wet!

"Solomon!" she chirped, now hopping forward on both feet and waving her arms to encourage his attention towards her more. "Solomon! Solomon! SolomonSolomon! Sooooooooolomon! HI!"

Chances were he had heard her the first time...but surely he could not be all that upset with her for being so excited to see her friend, Solomon the Valiant and not the Apologetic of the Glistening Waters.
A boy of few friends noticed people acknowledging him quite quickly, but Anna was definitely one that couldn’t be missed. He finished his mouthful and licked his lips to avoid further mess on top of his trousers, though he did rest his spare hand on top of the smudge to hide it from her. “Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna.” His tone wasn’t quite as enthusiastic, more of a monotone.

Of course, he was always happy to see his friend but sometimes the energy was a lot. Maybe he could convince her to buy a barbecued sausage flavoured ice cream to share since he couldn’t get a second. “Fancy seeing you here.” Solly smiled. On account of the streets of Diagon Alley being so busy during this time of year. He wouldn’t put it past her that she followed him here, though. “Are you getting one?” An ice cream, that is.

He gave his another lick.

Old 04-22-2023, 11:19 AM   #22 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Quote:
A boy of few friends noticed people acknowledging him quite quickly, but Anna was definitely one that couldn’t be missed. He finished his mouthful and licked his lips to avoid further mess on top of his trousers, though he did rest his spare hand on top of the smudge to hide it from her. “Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna.” His tone wasn’t quite as enthusiastic, more of a monotone.

Of course, he was always happy to see his friend but sometimes the energy was a lot. Maybe he could convince her to buy a barbecued sausage flavoured ice cream to share since he couldn’t get a second. “Fancy seeing you here.” Solly smiled. On account of the streets of Diagon Alley being so busy during this time of year. He wouldn’t put it past her that she followed him here, though. “Are you getting one?” An ice cream, that is.

He gave his another lick.
It was okay that he wasn't as exuberant as she was because everyone was different and that was the beautiful thing about existence. A rainbow wouldn't be nearly as beautiful if every stripe was the same color, right? She could be the energetic yellow and him the cool blue...and together they made vibrant and life giving green!

Anywhoooooo...she was very excited to see her friend and did not consider even for a second the logistics of hugging someone who was sitting down with an ice cream in hand. Anna was prone to not thinking things through to their entirety but feeling things and acting in the moment was so much more fun and embraced emotions. Thankfully she was too petite to knock his chair over backwards...unless she spooked him and he leaned back and then...well...anything was possible!

Best case she ended up sort of in his lap and flung over the seat while she hugged him. Worst they toppled back on to the floor and made a big noise. Either way she was certain they would have a good laugh about it because that is what friends did!

"I might," she giggled. "Is there a flavor you didn't get that you want? We can split it because I just sort of had a big snack and probably wouldn't be able to finish a whole sundae by myself."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 04-27-2023, 08:19 AM   #23 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

It was okay that he wasn't as exuberant as she was because everyone was different and that was the beautiful thing about existence. A rainbow wouldn't be nearly as beautiful if every stripe was the same color, right? She could be the energetic yellow and him the cool blue...and together they made vibrant and life giving green!

Anywhoooooo...she was very excited to see her friend and did not consider even for a second the logistics of hugging someone who was sitting down with an ice cream in hand. Anna was prone to not thinking things through to their entirety but feeling things and acting in the moment was so much more fun and embraced emotions. Thankfully she was too petite to knock his chair over backwards...unless she spooked him and he leaned back and then...well...anything was possible!

Best case she ended up sort of in his lap and flung over the seat while she hugged him. Worst they toppled back on to the floor and made a big noise. Either way she was certain they would have a good laugh about it because that is what friends did!

"I might," she giggled. "Is there a flavor you didn't get that you want? We can split it because I just sort of had a big snack and probably wouldn't be able to finish a whole sundae by myself."
A hug was totally expected but NOT while he had a precious ice cream in his hand. Solomon moved it away from his face and Anna’s hair, because that would be a disaster to ruin such hair, and the already melting ice cream dolloped on the floor. They didn’t topple over, because Solly dug his heels into the ground a bit to support them both, but now he had an Anna on his lap and it was… uuuhhmmmmmm… awkward.

Well, luckily I wasn’t enjoying that flavour anyway.” Solly lied with a closed mouth smile, he didn’t want to hurt Anna’s feelings although that seemed impossible most of the time. He placed the empty cone onto the table face down, leaving more dribbles of ice cream everywhere and then waited for Anna to MOVE. Please. Kindly.

Yep. We’ll get a barbecued sausage flavoured ice cream, if you dare try that with me!” It was a little like a Bertie Bott Every Flavoured Beans challenge, only better because ice cream. He did feel a little bad about demanding a potentially gross flavour when it was Anna paying. She was paying, right? “I wonder if they put sausage decorations on top.” His eyes darted to other customers to nose at what they were ordering.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default and summer is coming to an end ;___;

Quote:
A hug was totally expected but NOT while he had a precious ice cream in his hand. Solomon moved it away from his face and Anna’s hair, because that would be a disaster to ruin such hair, and the already melting ice cream dolloped on the floor. They didn’t topple over, because Solly dug his heels into the ground a bit to support them both, but now he had an Anna on his lap and it was… uuuhhmmmmmm… awkward.

Well, luckily I wasn’t enjoying that flavour anyway.” Solly lied with a closed mouth smile, he didn’t want to hurt Anna’s feelings although that seemed impossible most of the time. He placed the empty cone onto the table face down, leaving more dribbles of ice cream everywhere and then waited for Anna to MOVE. Please. Kindly.

Yep. We’ll get a barbecued sausage flavoured ice cream, if you dare try that with me!” It was a little like a Bertie Bott Every Flavoured Beans challenge, only better because ice cream. He did feel a little bad about demanding a potentially gross flavour when it was Anna paying. She was paying, right? “I wonder if they put sausage decorations on top.” His eyes darted to other customers to nose at what they were ordering.
Know who wasn't felling awkward? Guess. Guess! You probably only needed one guess.

There may have been a little tingly feeling but Anna felt tingly most of the time so that wasn't really out of the ordinary. "You're comfortable," she beamed. May need to make an amendment to his official title. She did not get the memo nor read the room (er...chair) that there was a desire that she move, however. "Solomon the Valiant and not the Apologetic of the Glistening Waters, you don't even have to triple cruppy dare me!" And NOW she was moving off his lap, purely coincidental, due to her new mission. She ought to have enough coins left in her purse to purchase a scoop. "I don't know...but I hope there is gravy sauce! Oh...and peas. If you don't like them I'll just move them all over to my side of the cone." There were a lot of hand gestures going on while she was talking, her tone growing a bit more in shrilled excitement. She had not thought she would be stepping of on an adventure of the palate today. It was the unexpected journeys that were the best." Just wait right here and I'll be right back!" she promised with a very quick peck to his cheek and finally slipped off his lap to bounce over the till and place their order.

Should she ask for two spoons? Probably should. Especially if she needed to move pea toppings about. No one liked other people's fingers poking in their ice cream and she had just been collecting some pebbles and flowers to press between her textbooks (once she actually bought them) so her hands were just a little messy and with a little bit of dirt underneath her nails.

Old 08-14-2023, 02:02 AM   #25 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Ally and Bryony!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Truth be told, Vera was pretty excited about Bryony also starting Hogwarts the upcoming term. The youngest Paton had a vibe that Vera easily could tune with, making her perhaps her favorite of the brood - well, except for the obvious other one. So it had been her pleasure to invite the younger girl for an ice cream (for Bryony only, of course) and then they could sit and chat and Vera could give insight to any potential questions the younger girl had. And while it MAY have seemed pointless to off this, considering she had three older siblings already at the school, Vera knew for certain she could be a totally unbiased party (kinda) who gave facts only (maybe) whereas siblings might be more interested in feeding fallacies.

Well, actually, she couldn’t really ascertain that for Nova and Melody but it certainly sounded like a Logan move.

Having already ordered, she led the way to a table - choosing to sit indoors since most of the other students seemed to prefer outside - and grabbed herself a chair. She made sure to push one out for Bry as well, as Vera then settled into her seat and got comfortable. “You figured out which house you’re hoping for yet, Bry?” Personally, she was rooting for another Gryffindor in the pride.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote