sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 3720 users online including...
Alexrut , RobertDrize , Ronaldsnut , Austinwals , Stevendalo , ArthurBub , Devonskido , Ver

9 members
3711 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 11:04 AM

Default Kitchen

Once you've tickled the pear and turned the knob, the Hogwarts kitchen will be revealed to you. Located directly beneath the Great Hall, the kitchen is a high-ceilinged room with five identical tables to the ones in the dining room above. Unlike the room situated above however, heaped around the walls are large quantities of pots and pans. On one end of the room are shelves of plates and utensils, stoves, sinks, and a large brick fireplace.

Here numerous house-elves are working on the castle's next meal when they aren't tending to their other duties as employees of the school. The team of house-elves have specific assignments to accomplish inside the kitchen, whether it is to cook, wash the plates and cutlery, keep the pantry stocked, place more wood into the fire, or set the tables before everything is summoned to its exact replicas overhead. Though the house-elves are incredibly busy, they will surely serve you a snack ... if you aren't asking Algamus. Or you can, of course, make your own food. Just don't leave a mess behind!

OOC: Please do not role-play for the House-Elves.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year
Default For Ash :)

One of the things Ollie had done with her summer is read, read a lot. Read fiction books, biography’s, textbooks, and cookbooks. Though she wasn’t great at cooking or baking, she had practiced a lot since she had memorized so many recipes. Today she decided to make herself some lunch. She was pretty nervous about going into the kitchen and working around the elves but she had others tell her they weren’t too mean about it. She left the Slytherin common room and made her way to the kitchen, sure to tie her hair up and wear an outfit she didn’t want dirty. Things could get pretty messy.

She was almost in the kitchen before she stopped herself. She was more nervous than she thought. Those house-elves were probably really mean if she made a mess, and she was really messy in the kitchen. She turned to head back to the common room to change and eat in the great hall instead.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Ollie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
One of the things Ollie had done with her summer is read, read a lot. Read fiction books, biography’s, textbooks, and cookbooks. Though she wasn’t great at cooking or baking, she had practiced a lot since she had memorized so many recipes. Today she decided to make herself some lunch. She was pretty nervous about going into the kitchen and working around the elves but she had others tell her they weren’t too mean about it. She left the Slytherin common room and made her way to the kitchen, sure to tie her hair up and wear an outfit she didn’t want dirty. Things could get pretty messy.

She was almost in the kitchen before she stopped herself. She was more nervous than she thought. Those house-elves were probably really mean if she made a mess, and she was really messy in the kitchen. She turned to head back to the common room to change and eat in the great hall instead.

Lots of things had changed for Ash since third year. In a good way. But something that hadn’t changed? Her tendency to forget that humans were, well, human. She meant this in a very literal way. Humans needed to sleep and eat and exercise. Exercise was easy. She loved working out, regardless of whether or not she thought she needed to. She thought she had figured out sleeping at this point too. Now it was time to practice eating before she felt hungry and upset. Nobody liked an upset Ashley. Which was why she was here in the kitchen, staying out of the house elves’ way and eating some chicken and rice. Mmmm.

She hopped off the countertop as Ollie came in. Well, almost came in. She didn’t make it past the door. Ash stuck her head out the door/painting thing. “Ollie, wait!” She was forgetting to get any food. Food was important. And as Ollie’s friend, it was her duty to make sure she had lunch.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Lots of things had changed for Ash since third year. In a good way. But something that hadn’t changed? Her tendency to forget that humans were, well, human. She meant this in a very literal way. Humans needed to sleep and eat and exercise. Exercise was easy. She loved working out, regardless of whether or not she thought she needed to. She thought she had figured out sleeping at this point too. Now it was time to practice eating before she felt hungry and upset. Nobody liked an upset Ashley. Which was why she was here in the kitchen, staying out of the house elves’ way and eating some chicken and rice. Mmmm.

She hopped off the countertop as Ollie came in. Well, almost came in. She didn’t make it past the door. Ash stuck her head out the door/painting thing. “Ollie, wait!” She was forgetting to get any food. Food was important. And as Ollie’s friend, it was her duty to make sure she had lunch.
The call had caught her off guard. Does one of the house-elves know her name, or was someone just hanging in there? Ollie wasn’t 100% sure she wanted to find out. But she did turn around and peered into the kitchen. It was Ash! Ollie smiled at the sight of her friend and that make her a little more confident about entering the kitchen. If any of the elves got a little to mean or bossy, Ollie was sure Ash would have her back. Plus if Ash hung around a little longer she could taste test the recipe that she was going to make, which she hadn’t fully decided what she was making yet.

She made her way to Ash, taking in the look of the kitchen. “Hey Ash. How have you been?” It was her first time seeing her since last term, and knowing Ash, Ollie knew she old have stuff to catch up on.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
Default For Amy. ^_^
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

After tickling the pear and heading into the kitchen Christian took a look around to see how busy it was other than the elves it was just him. As promised he was meeting Misa here. After trying her strawberry cake and cream puffs he offered to make her his mum’s famous cinnamon rolls.

Which he hadn’t quite perfected yet. But it was close to getting there. He hopped up on one of the tables and tried to stay out of the elves way as he waited for Misa to come.

You are Bread!
Old 09-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Ollie
Quote:
The call had caught her off guard. Does one of the house-elves know her name, or was someone just hanging in there? Ollie wasn’t 100% sure she wanted to find out. But she did turn around and peered into the kitchen. It was Ash! Ollie smiled at the sight of her friend and that make her a little more confident about entering the kitchen. If any of the elves got a little to mean or bossy, Ollie was sure Ash would have her back. Plus if Ash hung around a little longer she could taste test the recipe that she was going to make, which she hadn’t fully decided what she was making yet.

She made her way to Ash, taking in the look of the kitchen. “Hey Ash. How have you been?” It was her first time seeing her since last term, and knowing Ash, Ollie knew she old have stuff to catch up on.

Ash shrugged, taking a few more mouthfuls of her food before speaking. "I'm alright. Much better than last year, I think. I went to therapy finally. I somehow have another brother and a stepmother called Megan Olivia? I went to that cool festival in Diagon Alley when I was here on a work trip. Did you see that? It was super fun!" She smiled and waved Ollie closer, then whispered in her ear. "My bodyguard hit every single snitch he aimed for in the zap-a-snitch booth." She didn't specify WHICH bodyguard or what their blood status was and she was whispering to make herself harder to hear, but the story was too cool not to share. She sat on an empty counter again. "I saw you out there and you left before you got any food. Food is important, you know." She looked at Ollie expectantly, looking for an explanation. Well? She also had another question. "How was your summer?" She raised an eyebrow. Ollie was a younger student. It was Ash's duty to make sure she was alright. Just like it was her duty to make sure she had lunch.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post
After tickling the pear and heading into the kitchen Christian took a look around to see how busy it was other than the elves it was just him. As promised he was meeting Misa here. After trying her strawberry cake and cream puffs he offered to make her his mum’s famous cinnamon rolls.

Which he hadn’t quite perfected yet. But it was close to getting there. He hopped up on one of the tables and tried to stay out of the elves way as he waited for Misa to come.
Misa was excited for this. The kitchens being opened again meant she didn't have to make food with her cauldron any more! It was perfect. She'd been tired of doing that.

She looked around after she entered and spotted Christian. She made her way over to him and smiled. "I'm ready to be taught."

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 09-06-2021, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:

Ash shrugged, taking a few more mouthfuls of her food before speaking. "I'm alright. Much better than last year, I think. I went to therapy finally. I somehow have another brother and a stepmother called Megan Olivia? I went to that cool festival in Diagon Alley when I was here on a work trip. Did you see that? It was super fun!" She smiled and waved Ollie closer, then whispered in her ear. "My bodyguard hit every single snitch he aimed for in the zap-a-snitch booth." She didn't specify WHICH bodyguard or what their blood status was and she was whispering to make herself harder to hear, but the story was too cool not to share. She sat on an empty counter again. "I saw you out there and you left before you got any food. Food is important, you know." She looked at Ollie expectantly, looking for an explanation. Well? She also had another question. "How was your summer?" She raised an eyebrow. Ollie was a younger student. It was Ash's duty to make sure she was alright. Just like it was her duty to make sure she had lunch.
Therapy? Wasn't that something divorced women and people who almost died went to? Well maybe it was fit for Ash then. From what Ollie had heard, Ash had almost died before. "How is therapy going?" Maybe that wasn't a good question to ask someone in therapy. Ollie figured that if she was talking about it in therapy, she wouldn't want to talk about it outside of therapy. She mentally face-palmed. She laughed at Ash's summer story. She didn't even know about the festival, but oh would she have liked to go. She needed to get away next summer and actually do something fun for once.

Of course she knew food was important. Was this new information to Ash? She laughed. " I was going to cook, but I was nervous the house-elves would yell at me for being in the way." Though now she wasn't that interested in the food as she was involved in the conversation now. "My summer was pretty boring. My dad had me on lockdown so I had plenty's of time to read and learn new recipes to try... like all kinds of pasta!" She didn't really want to dwell on the actual summer part since it was honestly kinda depressing and definitely boring to hear about. Maybe pasta would distract Ash from asking anymore about it.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Therapy? Wasn't that something divorced women and people who almost died went to? Well maybe it was fit for Ash then. From what Ollie had heard, Ash had almost died before. "How is therapy going?" Maybe that wasn't a good question to ask someone in therapy. Ollie figured that if she was talking about it in therapy, she wouldn't want to talk about it outside of therapy. She mentally face-palmed. She laughed at Ash's summer story. She didn't even know about the festival, but oh would she have liked to go. She needed to get away next summer and actually do something fun for once.

Of course she knew food was important. Was this new information to Ash? She laughed. " I was going to cook, but I was nervous the house-elves would yell at me for being in the way." Though now she wasn't that interested in the food as she was involved in the conversation now. "My summer was pretty boring. My dad had me on lockdown so I had plenty's of time to read and learn new recipes to try... like all kinds of pasta!" She didn't really want to dwell on the actual summer part since it was honestly kinda depressing and definitely boring to hear about. Maybe pasta would distract Ash from asking anymore about it.

Ash shrugged, as if the question didn’t matter. However, she clearly thought about it before answering. “Father, Megan Olivia, and my bodyguards talked me into going and that was correct of them. It’s not my favorite thing to do, but it’s helpful. So it’s going pretty well, I’d say... I feel a lot better.” That was kinda all she was going to say about the subject. She hoped Ollie would pick up on that and not make it awkward by apologizing or asking for more information.

She raised an eyebrow. “You’re afraid that the house elves will yell at you?” She had never seen a house elf yell before. Had Ollie? “I think you’ll be fine. Nobody’s yelling at me for sitting here when I’m staying out of the way. Just don’t be mean to them or anything.” That last part was mostly because it would make Ash upset, although she would love to see a house elf hex a student somehow. That would be pretty cool to watch.

This time, she raised both eyebrows. This statement was even stranger than admitting to being afraid of house elves. “How come your father put you on lockdown?” Those words didn’t really make sense in her head. Father? Lockdown??? Her father wouldn’t dare. She had to remind herself that her father was probably the polar opposite of Ollie’s. No, she didn’t care about pasta. Everyone could make pasta. Even Ash(who simply called for Alex whenever she needed food) could make pasta. She cared about Ollie, who was her friend.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:

Ash shrugged, as if the question didn’t matter. However, she clearly thought about it before answering. “Father, Megan Olivia, and my bodyguards talked me into going and that was correct of them. It’s not my favorite thing to do, but it’s helpful. So it’s going pretty well, I’d say... I feel a lot better.” That was kinda all she was going to say about the subject. She hoped Ollie would pick up on that and not make it awkward by apologizing or asking for more information.

She raised an eyebrow. “You’re afraid that the house elves will yell at you?” She had never seen a house elf yell before. Had Ollie? “I think you’ll be fine. Nobody’s yelling at me for sitting here when I’m staying out of the way. Just don’t be mean to them or anything.” That last part was mostly because it would make Ash upset, although she would love to see a house elf hex a student somehow. That would be pretty cool to watch.

This time, she raised both eyebrows. This statement was even stranger than admitting to being afraid of house elves. “How come your father put you on lockdown?” Those words didn’t really make sense in her head. Father? Lockdown??? Her father wouldn’t dare. She had to remind herself that her father was probably the polar opposite of Ollie’s. No, she didn’t care about pasta. Everyone could make pasta. Even Ash(who simply called for Alex whenever she needed food) could make pasta. She cared about Ollie, who was her friend.
She was happy to hear that Ash thought therapy was helping. Though, she couldn’t help but wonder what Ash said. But she defiantly picked up on Ash’s want to move on from the topic. “Megan Olivia is a weird name… Is it all her first name or does she liked to be called her first and middle name at the same time, because if she’s one of those people, they’re kinda weird.” She hoped she ended the topic on a good note.

Ollie wouldn’t dare be mean to castle staff. She might end up getting detention and then that would cause the house to lose points and she didn’t want to be the one to do that. House-elves where castle staff right? She wasn’t really sure to be honest. “Well I wasn’t sure since I was going to be making stuff…”But they seemed pretty much to themselves. She started to think of what foods she could make in here all the time. Not that the castle food was bad… but she did like her own food better.

Well it didn’t really seem like her plan to distract with pasta worked. “It really isn’t a big deal.” Or Ollie wasn’t trying to make it a big deal. “We just got into a fight when I first got home and then he wouldn’t let me go do anything for the summer or I wouldn’t get to come back to school.” As bad as she wanted to stick it to him and go off anyway. She knew her father stuck to his word so it was staying at home all summer for her.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
She was happy to hear that Ash thought therapy was helping. Though, she couldn’t help but wonder what Ash said. But she defiantly picked up on Ash’s want to move on from the topic. “Megan Olivia is a weird name… Is it all her first name or does she liked to be called her first and middle name at the same time, because if she’s one of those people, they’re kinda weird.” She hoped she ended the topic on a good note.

Ollie wouldn’t dare be mean to castle staff. She might end up getting detention and then that would cause the house to lose points and she didn’t want to be the one to do that. House-elves where castle staff right? She wasn’t really sure to be honest. “Well I wasn’t sure since I was going to be making stuff…”But they seemed pretty much to themselves. She started to think of what foods she could make in here all the time. Not that the castle food was bad… but she did like her own food better.

Well it didn’t really seem like her plan to distract with pasta worked. “It really isn’t a big deal.” Or Ollie wasn’t trying to make it a big deal. “We just got into a fight when I first got home and then he wouldn’t let me go do anything for the summer or I wouldn’t get to come back to school.” As bad as she wanted to stick it to him and go off anyway. She knew her father stuck to his word so it was staying at home all summer for her.

“I’m sure she’d rather I call her ‘mom.’” That answered all the important questions, yes? Good. Ash could talk forever about why she called her that or why her stepmother also went by her middle name or why her stepmother wanted her to go to therapy. She could talk forever about anything. Asking why Megan Olivia also went by her middle name was not relevant. And even if it was, Ash didn’t want to talk about Megan Olivia any more than she had to. So that was that.

“Quinn makes stuff in here all the time, and I don’t think they’ve had any trouble. I’ve never had any... Ollie, one time a bunch of students blew a hole in the wall and the house elves didn’t yell at anyone that time.” Much different circumstances but still. She looked over at the other girl. “You’re afraid of lots of things.” It wasn’t a judgement... she was just pointing out the obvious. Ollie seemed to be afraid of literally everything. Why?

Oh yeah, my father is threatening to pull me out of school if I don’t stay at home doing nothing all summer. No big deal. THAT WAS A BIG DEAL. It made Ash worried and upset. But all emotions were dumb, so she took a deep breath to make them go away. Maybe several deep breaths. ”That doesn’t sound like it’s no big deal. What could you possibly have done to get grounded for the whole entire summer?” She missed the festival! She missed the parties! Ash could have invited her over to her mansion! But instead, Ollie was all alone in her house, learning to make a million different kinds of pasta like that was all life had to offer or something. It wasn’t right. Yes, Ash was a little biased because her father let her do whatever she wanted, but none of her other friends had been grounded like that. It was wrong. She was sure.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Default the lisa hehehe
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quinn loved baking, and she was actually also pretty good at teaching it. She really enjoyed it, honestly, just... not a lot of people were looking for baking lessons. She was obviously able to force Atlas and Eden into it every now and again, but... Atlas was a bit hopeless (but he was getting better! ....gradually) and Eden.... was Eden. And she really meant that in the most endearing way possible.

However, there was someone who seemed to actually be really excited to learn how to bake: one Lisa Nam. Quinn thought she was just adorable even though she was only one year younger; she's very bright and energetic. And she thought baking was cool! Which Quinn was a fan of!

Quinn started taking out the things they'd need to make cupcakes, which she felt was a pretty good starting point for a new baker. She decided on pink icing, inspired by the pink band around her wrist. It was one of her favorite colors anyway, and she was pretty sure Lisa liked it, too. Triple win!
Old 09-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Misa was excited for this. The kitchens being opened again meant she didn't have to make food with her cauldron any more! It was perfect. She'd been tired of doing that.

She looked around after she entered and spotted Christian. She made her way over to him and smiled. "I'm ready to be taught."
When he finally seen her, he grinned and waved. He hopped down from the table. ”I’m ready to teach.” He nodded with an amused grin.

Or at least he hoped he was ready. He started gathering up the ingredients. ”So the first thing to do is to combine the dry ingredients first.” Still looking around for some other ingredients.

You are Bread!
Old 09-09-2021, 08:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:

“I’m sure she’d rather I call her ‘mom.’” That answered all the important questions, yes? Good. Ash could talk forever about why she called her that or why her stepmother also went by her middle name or why her stepmother wanted her to go to therapy. She could talk forever about anything. Asking why Megan Olivia also went by her middle name was not relevant. And even if it was, Ash didn’t want to talk about Megan Olivia any more than she had to. So that was that.

“Quinn makes stuff in here all the time, and I don’t think they’ve had any trouble. I’ve never had any... Ollie, one time a bunch of students blew a hole in the wall and the house elves didn’t yell at anyone that time.” Much different circumstances but still. She looked over at the other girl. “You’re afraid of lots of things.” It wasn’t a judgement... she was just pointing out the obvious. Ollie seemed to be afraid of literally everything. Why?

Oh yeah, my father is threatening to pull me out of school if I don’t stay at home doing nothing all summer. No big deal. THAT WAS A BIG DEAL. It made Ash worried and upset. But all emotions were dumb, so she took a deep breath to make them go away. Maybe several deep breaths. ”That doesn’t sound like it’s no big deal. What could you possibly have done to get grounded for the whole entire summer?” She missed the festival! She missed the parties! Ash could have invited her over to her mansion! But instead, Ollie was all alone in her house, learning to make a million different kinds of pasta like that was all life had to offer or something. It wasn’t right. Yes, Ash was a little biased because her father let her do whatever she wanted, but none of her other friends had been grounded like that. It was wrong. She was sure.
Okay, Ollie got the hint. Ash did not want to talk about this anymore. Moving on.

Really a hole int the wall? Ollie couldn’t even imagine what was going on when that happened. “I don’t think I’m scarred of a lot of stuff… just cautious.” Was it a bad thing to be cautious. No. Or not in her eyes. You could end up in a lot of trouble if you don’t watch what your doing or don’t pay attention to rules and such around you. Plus Ollie wouldn’t want to upset someone and get on their bad side by not paying attention and doing something to upset or irritate them. “Is that a bad thing?”

Ollie could tell Ash was having a hard time understanding what happened, but she did a bad job at explaining it too. It really shouldn’t have been a big deal. She could have easily stopped it from becoming one. Ollie never pushed boundaries or made a fight out of something that she didn’t feel strongly about; but this she felt really strongly about. “I just made plans to go visit friends over the summer. Maybe work at a camp to get some money for travel and stuff. When I told my dad I wasn’t going to stay home with him, he rolled his eyes at me. That just happened to be what set her off. “It was like he thought I was stupid. I repeated myself about going away and he laughed at me. That’s when I started yelling at him…” Okay, she wasn’t really proud of that part. But she couldn’t help all the feelings she had! From him not writing to her all year, not talking to her at Christmas, not even giving her a reason as to why he would be upset with her. Everything just came out at once. “It really was not nice of me, so I understand why he punished me.”
Old 09-10-2021, 04:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Okay, Ollie got the hint. Ash did not want to talk about this anymore. Moving on.

Really a hole int the wall? Ollie couldn’t even imagine what was going on when that happened. “I don’t think I’m scarred of a lot of stuff… just cautious.” Was it a bad thing to be cautious. No. Or not in her eyes. You could end up in a lot of trouble if you don’t watch what your doing or don’t pay attention to rules and such around you. Plus Ollie wouldn’t want to upset someone and get on their bad side by not paying attention and doing something to upset or irritate them. “Is that a bad thing?”

Ollie could tell Ash was having a hard time understanding what happened, but she did a bad job at explaining it too. It really shouldn’t have been a big deal. She could have easily stopped it from becoming one. Ollie never pushed boundaries or made a fight out of something that she didn’t feel strongly about; but this she felt really strongly about. “I just made plans to go visit friends over the summer. Maybe work at a camp to get some money for travel and stuff. When I told my dad I wasn’t going to stay home with him, he rolled his eyes at me. That just happened to be what set her off. “It was like he thought I was stupid. I repeated myself about going away and he laughed at me. That’s when I started yelling at him…” Okay, she wasn’t really proud of that part. But she couldn’t help all the feelings she had! From him not writing to her all year, not talking to her at Christmas, not even giving her a reason as to why he would be upset with her. Everything just came out at once. “It really was not nice of me, so I understand why he punished me.”

Mhmmm. “There’s nothing wrong with being cautious. But you just admitted to being worried that house elves would yell at you.” Look... that wasn’t normal. This was like when Ash yelled at a cult leader, but in the opposite direction. Ash was WAY too reckless, more reckless than could be easily explained away as a simple personality trait. Ollie was like that, but replace ‘reckless’ with ‘cautious.’ Way more cautious than she should be. Was that because of her dad? Because if it was, she would be very upset.

“Ollie,” she said quietly. “Have you ever read ‘The Tell-Tale Heart’ by Edgar Allen Poe? It’s a short story about a person who kills someone because of their creepy eyes. And the rest of the story is them trying to convince the reader that what they did was completely rational and justified, but the more they try to convince you, the less convincing they are. There’s a bunch of other stuff about guilt and stuff, but that’s just the part I remember.” She took another bite of her food. Ollie sounded like that person right now. She kept saying that this wasn’t a big deal, and that just made Ash think that it was definitely a big deal.

“What do you want to eat?”
Old 09-11-2021, 03:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
Quinn loved baking, and she was actually also pretty good at teaching it. She really enjoyed it, honestly, just... not a lot of people were looking for baking lessons. She was obviously able to force Atlas and Eden into it every now and again, but... Atlas was a bit hopeless (but he was getting better! ....gradually) and Eden.... was Eden. And she really meant that in the most endearing way possible.

However, there was someone who seemed to actually be really excited to learn how to bake: one Lisa Nam. Quinn thought she was just adorable even though she was only one year younger; she's very bright and energetic. And she thought baking was cool! Which Quinn was a fan of!

Quinn started taking out the things they'd need to make cupcakes, which she felt was a pretty good starting point for a new baker. She decided on pink icing, inspired by the pink band around her wrist. It was one of her favorite colors anyway, and she was pretty sure Lisa liked it, too. Triple win!
The day had finally come. Yes, it was today. The day when Lisa Nam would finally get to see Quinn’s skills in the kitchen. She was super excited! The girl literally bounced her way down the stairs and into the kitchen… She jumped through the door way with hands flung on either side of her to greet her friend and fellow housemate. “Quinnnnnieeeee!!!! Today is the best day EVER!!” Lots of arm flails. And a few bounces over to her friend. She slipped her backpack onto the nearest chair before heading over to peek at what Quinn and started getting out.

So what are you making chef? Tell me what to do and I’ll do it!” She could follow directions fairly well.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
The day had finally come. Yes, it was today. The day when Lisa Nam would finally get to see Quinn’s skills in the kitchen. She was super excited! The girl literally bounced her way down the stairs and into the kitchen… She jumped through the door way with hands flung on either side of her to greet her friend and fellow housemate. “Quinnnnnieeeee!!!! Today is the best day EVER!!” Lots of arm flails. And a few bounces over to her friend. She slipped her backpack onto the nearest chair before heading over to peek at what Quinn and started getting out.

So what are you making chef? Tell me what to do and I’ll do it!” She could follow directions fairly well.
Quinn jumped a bit at Lisa's grand entrance. Yep, there was the energy. And the arm flails were an adorable touch. Quinn smiled at Lisa and chuckled. "Hey Lisa! I'm glad you're excited!" Lisa's excitement to actually bake made her even more excited to teach.

Quinn set her hands on the counter, surveying all the ingredients and utensils they'd be using for the cupcakes. "Alright! Today we're going to be making cupcakes! Just regular sponge cake, but I figure we'll have it with some pink frosting. Sound good?"

"I've already measured out the ingredients, so we pretty much just need to combine them together. But! You should start off by mixing the wet ingredients together and then adding in the dry ingredients. So the dry ingredients would be flour, baking powder and salt. The wet ingredients are the vanilla extract, oil, sugar, eggs and milk—it probably seems weird that sugar is a wet ingredient but..." she shrugs, "that's what my Gram told me, and her stuff always turns out great! Oh, but also you don't add the milk into the wet ingredients right at the start..." Quinn was silent for a second before sighing at herself. "Sorry, I'm overexplaining it... I tend to ramble sometimes..." She turns a little red from embarrassment. "The simple first step is to just mix the eggs, sugar, oil and extract together." She pulled over a large mixing bowl and the aforementioned ingredients. Quinn lifted up an egg and held it out to Lisa. "Do you know how to crack an egg?"
Old 09-13-2021, 01:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:

Mhmmm. “There’s nothing wrong with being cautious. But you just admitted to being worried that house elves would yell at you.” Look... that wasn’t normal. This was like when Ash yelled at a cult leader, but in the opposite direction. Ash was WAY too reckless, more reckless than could be easily explained away as a simple personality trait. Ollie was like that, but replace ‘reckless’ with ‘cautious.’ Way more cautious than she should be. Was that because of her dad? Because if it was, she would be very upset.

“Ollie,” she said quietly. “Have you ever read ‘The Tell-Tale Heart’ by Edgar Allen Poe? It’s a short story about a person who kills someone because of their creepy eyes. And the rest of the story is them trying to convince the reader that what they did was completely rational and justified, but the more they try to convince you, the less convincing they are. There’s a bunch of other stuff about guilt and stuff, but that’s just the part I remember.” She took another bite of her food. Ollie sounded like that person right now. She kept saying that this wasn’t a big deal, and that just made Ash think that it was definitely a big deal.

“What do you want to eat?”
Ollie never really interacted with house-elves before. She assumed Ash didn’t connect the dots on that one. But she didn’t know that they weren’t mean. She just assumed all elves were mean. But she was glad to know (well not really know, but know from what Ash told her) that being cautious was alright. She just never wanted to get in trouble or get hurt.

She was unfamiliar with the work but thankfully Ash explained what it was about. Ollie never read Edgar Allen Poe’s stuff. He was always so dark; she truthfully found his stuff scary. The story that Ash was describing didn’t make him seem any less so. “No I hadn’t heard of it.” Then it hit Ollie. Was Ash saying that Ollie was like the guy in the story? The killer?! She totally wasn’t. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized she really was like him. The murder in the story is trying to convince the reader that his actions were justified… and Ollie was doing the same thing with the fight between her and her dad! When she thought about how she told the story she realized that even though her words said it wasn’t really her fault, her tone did. Ugh, now Ash probably thinks bad about her. Good going, Ollie.

But Ash kept talking to her even though she could have ended their conversation, so maybe she was making all that up in her head. “I was going to cook… maybe Pasta?”
Old 09-13-2021, 01:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Ollie never really interacted with house-elves before. She assumed Ash didn’t connect the dots on that one. But she didn’t know that they weren’t mean. She just assumed all elves were mean. But she was glad to know (well not really know, but know from what Ash told her) that being cautious was alright. She just never wanted to get in trouble or get hurt.

She was unfamiliar with the work but thankfully Ash explained what it was about. Ollie never read Edgar Allen Poe’s stuff. He was always so dark; she truthfully found his stuff scary. The story that Ash was describing didn’t make him seem any less so. “No I hadn’t heard of it.” Then it hit Ollie. Was Ash saying that Ollie was like the guy in the story? The killer?! She totally wasn’t. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized she really was like him. The murder in the story is trying to convince the reader that his actions were justified… and Ollie was doing the same thing with the fight between her and her dad! When she thought about how she told the story she realized that even though her words said it wasn’t really her fault, her tone did. Ugh, now Ash probably thinks bad about her. Good going, Ollie.

But Ash kept talking to her even though she could have ended their conversation, so maybe she was making all that up in her head. “I was going to cook… maybe Pasta?”

In fact, Ollie had interpreted Ash’s words in the way they were intended, minus the part about being a terrible person. She was really just pointing out that Ollie was really failing to convince her that everything was fine. It wasn’t her fault or whatever. She was just... trying to make sense out of something that didn’t make sense. Everyone did that. Megan Olivia did it. Ash did it. Brandon did it. The only people who didn’t seem to do that were Dustin and Alex. She didn’t know how they managed it. The point was, Ollie should listen to the words coming out of her own mouth because they were super unconvincing and raised big red flags.

“I think the pasta is over there. I can help you, if you want.” With the pasta. But Ash looked at Ollie with obvious concern, which was not exactly a normal thing that one would do while offering to help with pasta. She took a bite of food, still looking very worried.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

It was clear that Ollie wasn’t picking up on Ash’s concerns when the smile appeared on her face. It read “Yay, she is offering to help me cook!” She had only cooked with Pepper at home so it would be nice to have someone else helping her in the kitchen. Plus she wasn’t 100% sure her methods were correct. Hopefully Ash had some experience, too, and could correct her on anything she was doing wrong. She had only messed up noticeably handful of times, and it was only when she first tried the recipes. Yes! You can totally help me.” Then she ran through her brain thinking of recipes they could make together. Oh how rude! She should ask Ash what her favorite type is. Hopefully Ollie knew whatever pasta she said. “What’s your favorite type?” She nodded her head toward where Ash had pointed signaling her to come with.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
It was clear that Ollie wasn’t picking up on Ash’s concerns when the smile appeared on her face. It read “Yay, she is offering to help me cook!” She had only cooked with Pepper at home so it would be nice to have someone else helping her in the kitchen. Plus she wasn’t 100% sure her methods were correct. Hopefully Ash had some experience, too, and could correct her on anything she was doing wrong. She had only messed up noticeably handful of times, and it was only when she first tried the recipes. Yes! You can totally help me.” Then she ran through her brain thinking of recipes they could make together. Oh how rude! She should ask Ash what her favorite type is. Hopefully Ollie knew whatever pasta she said. “What’s your favorite type?” She nodded her head toward where Ash had pointed signaling her to come with.

Sigh. Ash was far from the best at reading people’s emotions, but some people were much worse. Ollie counted as ‘some people’. But it was alright. They could cook pasta now, then talk later. Hopefully...

“I’m not the best cook, but I do know how to make pasta.” See how few ingredients there were! And the instructions were right on the box! Favorite pasta... “Can’t think of one.” Why was Ollie asking anyway? “It’s your lunch. Make whatever kind of pasta you want.” She looked extra concerned now. Ollie was like, determined to do whatever other people wanted without regard to whether or not it would hurt her. That was a kinda big problem. And Ash had no idea what to do about it.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post
When he finally seen her, he grinned and waved. He hopped down from the table. ”I’m ready to teach.” He nodded with an amused grin.

Or at least he hoped he was ready. He started gathering up the ingredients. ”So the first thing to do is to combine the dry ingredients first.” Still looking around for some other ingredients.
Misa laughed lightly. "I do know a few things about baking." she joked as she started to pour ingredients that he brought over.

"So you said this was a family recipe?" she asked looking for a stirring spoon. "Tell me about them."

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 10-13-2021, 09:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

For those of you who may have been down in the kitchen only days ago, you'll realised that the vines the elves cleared away have returned. Once again, they spread along the furniture, sealing some cabinets shut.

Sure are a persistent bunch of vines, aren't they? Growing back as they like, stretching where they like. Might be time to accept them, or try blasting them again.

But who would hurt such beautiful flowers?
Old 10-13-2021, 11:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Grading papers took a lot out of you. Javier needed to recharge - and having some pumpkin pasties sounded like JUST the thing for him to grab for a little grading snack. However, as soon as he made his way into the kitchen, he was dismayed to find that he wasn't going to be getting those pasties any time soon.

In fact, no one was going to be eating ANYTHING time soon if these vines weren't gone.

That was the thing, though - weren't they cleared out days ago?? He'd heard that those pesky things had been growing like weeds everywhere. Was he mistaken? Or were they back?

Whatever. Javier was going to approach this situation how he approached many other situations - by just going for it and not waiting for instruction.

Grabbing the nearest chunk of vines, he tightened his grip and YANKED on the vine with as much strength as he could muster which honestly wasn't much because really, how strong could a pesky vine be?

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 10-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #25 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Sometimes Rosalie did like to stop by the kitchen for a light snack, but sometimes she simply wanted to check on the elves. They were such sweethearts, it was fun to chat with them every now and then.

But this time she was checking in to make sure the vine situation had been taken care of. They'd cleared them away a few days ago, so everything should still be...

...hmm.

The vines were back again, just the same as before.

And there was Javier, trying to pull some away. And so Rosalie moved over to another section of vines along the counter space to do the same. "Stubborn things, aren't they?" And very pretty, but they really didn't need them to be all around the kitchen like this. It was one thing if they decorated the gates or somewhere else out on the grounds. It was another thing for them to be in here of all places.

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger