sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4205 users online including...
Alexrut , Austinwals , Ronaldsnut , FrancisAdurf , ArchieHon , Stevendalo

7 members
4198 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-04-2018, 11:04 AM

Default Kitchen

Once you've tickled the pear and turned the knob, the Hogwarts kitchen will be revealed to you. Located directly beneath the Great Hall, the kitchen is a high-ceilinged room with five identical tables to the ones in the dining room above. Unlike the room situated above however, heaped around the walls are large quantities of pots and pans. On one end of the room are shelves of plates and utensils, stoves, sinks, and a large brick fireplace.

Here numerous house-elves are working on the castle's next meal when they aren't tending to their other duties as employees of the school. The team of house-elves have specific assignments to accomplish inside the kitchen, whether it is to cook, wash the plates and cutlery, keep the pantry stocked, place more wood into the fire, or set the tables before everything is summoned to its exact replicas overhead. Though the house-elves are incredibly busy, they will surely serve you a snack ... if you aren't asking Algamus. Or you can, of course, make your own food. Just don't leave a mess behind!

OOC: Please do not role-play for the House-Elves.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash was very very hungry. So she went to the kitchen. But THEN!!! The cabinet to the peanut butter was blocked with vines!!! They were very pretty vines. But Ash was very very hungry. So she attempted to carefully remove the vines from the cabinet. “Hi professors. Can you help me get these off the cabinet? I didn’t eat yet today and the peanut butter is in this cabinet and I’m hungry.” But please don’t hurt the vines. They were so pretty.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

When Emmerson walked in to find a small group gathering, she didn't think much of it at first. Everyone had to eat, and like the music room, people always tended to be here, too. It was one of those things she'd made peace with to avoid losing her mind. One of those only children problems really. Her summers were spent with her own space--unless she wanted her friends over. It always made life back in the castle a real adjustment . Thankfully, each year saw the adjustment process shortening.

"After you've helped Ashley with the cabinets, could either of you help me with the fridge?" See? Turn taking. She could wait. So patient. Much good citizenship. Definitely deserved points.

Emmerson leaned against one of the many counters, no sort of urgency to be seen. "I can supervise, I've been told I'm very good at telling others what to do and anyhow I already got forced by the headmaster to help remove these from the kitchen the other day." And this Gryffindor didn't believe in working twice.

No thanks.

Leave it to the house elves and, "Ashley, you can start diffindo-ing the ones over there." See? Very good at this. 12/10 could be left in charge of this project.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

If there was one thing Winston learned from his few months in Scotland and consequently, Hogwarts, it was that the food was DELICIOUS and the house elves were truly the sweetest well most of them. However, one thing that seemed misleading and confusing to him was why the plants they had planted seemed to spreading like WEEDS?? He knew a little about Herbology, but not enough to understand why anyone in the right minds would want to infest a school with vines... even if they were pretty.

Making is way into the kitchen to see if he could coax the elves into making him a between meals snack, he stopped when he saw the vine infestation and hearing that one annoying know-it-all Gryffindor, ORDERING his colleagues around. Just who did she think she was??? Just because Javier and Rosalie were new professors, they were still adults.

"You know, Miss Cambridge, i do believe you're fully capable of casting diffindo as well, and we could get more accomplished if we all work together at exterminating these plants." Was that too logical an approach? Too harsh? Would she turn her picking on to him because he was fragile and wasn't sure his ego could handle it? He had a feeling from the short months he'd observed her that she wouldn't be bothered with detention or points loss, but maybe she'd be motivated with positive reinforcement.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 10-17-2021, 10:09 PM   #29 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet wasn't much one for in-between-meal snacking, but she sometimes liked to sneak over to the kitchens and wheedle a cup of strong tea out of one of the House Elves (or, before a test, maybe something stronger--like coffee!) But as she entered the kitchen quietly, she stopped dead in the doorway at the sight of vines all over the place, and several people pulling or casting spells at them. This, added to what she'd seen going on in the greenhouses, definitely indicated something was going wrong--again--at Hogwarts.

"Uh--are you sure it's safe for you to be pulling on those vines?" she said aloud. "I mean, they might be dangerous. They certainly don't seem like normal plants."
Old 10-18-2021, 02:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

He had just finished his last round of office hours and thus headed down to the kitchens for a snack. Simon hadn’t expected to find such a large crowd in the Kitchens. He saw Javier and Rosalie immediately before taking a step further into the room to see Emmerson, Violet, Ash, and Winston. And of course, the vines were here too.

He pulled out his notebook and scribbled a few words down so that he could jot his memory later on this. More time to look for things…. Later.

So as he entered, he had just caught wind of Violet’s questions and raised his eyebrows. He was no Herbologist but she did have a good comment. “You raise an excellent point, Miss Blackthorne. Perhaps we take a step back and cast a protective spell before using Diffindo?

Simon didn’t want to have to take anyone to the Hospital Wing today.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:57 AM   #31 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Soon she and Javier were joined by Miss Fox, Miss Cambridge, and Winston. "Indeed," Rosalie agreed with Winston. "This will also go much more swiftly if we all work together." And then everyone could grab what they wanted to eat. Less waiting around for all involved.

Though...yes, the newly arrived Miss Blackthorne and Simon made a good point as well. The vines seemed more nuisance than harmful at the moment, and they had been cleared away from here the other day, but it was still better to be safe than sorry, yes? "An excellent idea. Constant vigilance, after all."

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 10-18-2021, 04:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Javier’s annoyance at this whole situation kept mounting as more and more people - students and staff - joined his endeavor and quite frankly just got in his way. Despite the fact that the vines hadn’t budged, he was SURE he could have gotten this done by now if they hadn’t continued to distract them.

”If anyone is going to be doing any dangerous spells around here it’ll be us,” he said to the students as he stepped back. ”Get behind me,” he added to the kids who had joined the party, waving his wand and casting a protection spell for them to hide behind. ”ALL of you,” he said as an afterthought, because he had a feeling in his gut that Miss Cambridge would be ready to fight that order if given the chance.

He would let one of the other professors take the reigns on the cutting bit, though. HE certainly wasn’t keen on it!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 10-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Okay, so Cambridge's orders were not that unreasonable(except for the part where she herself did no work)... but Ash was not particularly inclined to follow them. She just wanted peanut butter. She did not want Emmerson, and she did not care about the vines. So she ignored Cambridge and Professor Robinson(were they going to fight?). Instead, Ash reluctantly moved to stand behind the other professor(following orders? Was that character growth?). "I say you should get rid of the vines on that cabinet first. Please." She pointed at the cabinet she wanted. Who knew, maybe the professor would be less grumpy if he had peanut butter and apples.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet was no longer interested in coffee, anyway, because now she was wide awake. She backed up a bit from her position in the doorway to make room for the other students to get out of the way, but peered around them to watch what the teachers were going to do. "Um...has anyone noticed that this is the second weird incident with unusual plants recently? I mean, there's that strange plant out in the greenhouse..." she mentioned softly, to no one in particular.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Tired and hungry from the (forced) revision session he just had in the Library, Noah thought it was best to retreat back to their Common Room for a quick rest and afternoon tea. He'd politely asked one of the house-elves assigned to their dorm to get him something to munch on, but the problem was that he'd asked for food almost an hour ago. Talk about bad service, no? And so, the Gryffindor, having been won over by hunger, made his way all the way down to the kitchens to personally get his nourishment.

Just a few steps away from the entrance of the kitchen, he'd heard voices and talks about the severing charm, sharing efforts...cabinets? What? Standing by the door, Noah took a moment to take in what was happening. The Kitchen was still the same, except for the extra flora that had grown over the cabinets, and a group of professors standing before it like it was their arch nemesis. Well, the idea wasn't too far-fetched, considering they were in Hogwarts. Weird and strange things always happen. And true, an innocent and pretty-looking vine could turn out to be their worst nightmare."I suppose the beautifying project's gone a tad overboard. Didn't know the kitchen needed some sprucing up, too." Well, they could use some greenery indoors here and there...but vines that barred them from getting their daily treats and sustenance? Yikes.

So, despite the hunger, Noah hanged back by the doorway...far away from the rest of the group, just casually waiting for the professors to get the vines out of the way, so he could get his food. If only they'd hasten juuuuust a bit...

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Being close to the kitchens was possibly the best thing about the Hufflepuff Common Room. Not only did she not have to travel far for a snack, but Florrie was also able to deduce when it was busy or not. She'd worked out the perfect times to visit the kitchens when there wouldn't be so many people around, and most of the time she stuck to those times.

But sometimes there was no waiting, especially when her brain was foggy and she had homework to complete. Coffee was in desperate need, and so Florrie headed towards the kitchen, hoping that it wasn't too busy and that the elves would whip her up some kind of iced latte nice and quickly.

Her pace slowed slightly when she spotted Noah lingering in the doorway, wondering what could possibly have kept him there, and she leaned around him to get a look at the ... "Oh."

Pretty flowers that were... getting in the way? How long was this going to take? Could she slip away before someone noticed and asked her to help?

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 10-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #37 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default Welp
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

"I think they just spread here." Scarlett told her brother as she suddenly appeared right behind him as if from nowhere.

She HAD, in fact, come from her own Common Room, which was just over THERE. Right there. SO close, which had aalllwaaayyyss been a GREAT bonus.

What she MEANT was that she didn't think anyone actually PLANTED those vines THERE in the kitchen. She didn't exactly see any POTS, for instance. AND she was pretty sure they had been cut back not too long ago, so there was another PROOF to her theory.

Anywho, she wasn't there to speculate, she was there to EAT, of course. What ELSE would one do in a KITCHEN? Maybe cook, but not when there were ELVES willing to do that for them. All she had to do was EAT ALL THE FOOD.

But people were in the way, as well as a plant. If Scarlett didn't know better, she'd start biting at the vine. But she... actually, no, that was exactly what she did. No SWALLOWING the plant, no, but biting it to break its vines so she could GET to the REAL FOOD.

Ehh, constant vigilance who?

EXCUSE HER, PLANT, SHE WAS HUNGRY.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:42 AM   #38 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Rosalie drew her wand to assist Javier, keeping an eye on the students were stepping behind his protection spell - or at staying by the entrance and away from the vines like the newly arrived Mister Mordaunt and Miss Charbonneau were. She aimed her wand at the vines on the cabinet Miss Fox had politely requested, also catching a bit of what Miss Blackthorne mentioned. "There certainly could be an interesting-" connection, she might have said, if the sudden actions of a young Hufflepuff hadn't made her stop.

"Miss Mordaunt, do NOT bite the vines!" Merlin's beard, what did she think she was doing??? The vines were harmless thus far, but that didn't mean the students should just eat them instead!!

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 10-22-2021, 10:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet was aghast to see one of the second years actually trying to bite the plants. Didn't they teach the younger kids severing charms any more? Was everyone going feral this year?!

More importantly, they didn't even know what these things were. Violet wondered if the younger girl would wind up poisoning herself, and fingered the bezoar she always carried in an inner pocket...just in case.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:37 AM   #40 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

As it so happened, Emmerson didn't mind getting behind their new potions master. If she was there, she couldn't be expected to take on the role of house elf and wouldn't be prompted into work like their dear Arithmancy Professor was insisting. "I'd love to help," She lied plainly, "but I think it's important to let the professors handle this in case it really is dangerous." Honestly, she just wanted what she came for so she could leave.

This, all this, she didn't sign up for any of these inconveniences.

When more people came on in, Emm saw it as the opportunity to increase the worker count. The more of them helping, the sooner she could have these vines gone. Busy Gryffindors like her did not have the time for extra curricular herbology.

"Professors?" She said, watching the little Hufflepuff who was eating the plants.

"If she gets poisoned and dies, do we get to miss classes for the rest of the day to remember what a great distraction she was?" Because...uh....she still wasn't through with her History of Magic essay and if anyone was gonna go out, her mother told her it tended to be those in yellow.

Violet's words brought her attention from the Mordaunt girl. "What strange plant in the greenhouse?"

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 10-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

"Drop it. NOW," Javier looked at Mordaunt and narrowed his eyes. He was thankful, however, that Rosalie had also noticed the Hufflepuff attempt to bite down on the vine. Did these puffs ALWAYS insist on trying to die?? He'd heard rumors - even seen some of it himself in his own school days - but Merlins beard, this was ridiculous.

"Yes, I'd ALSO like to know about this funny plant in the greenhouses," Javi nodded at Emmerson and then looked at Violet with a raised eyebrow, and then back at the other Mordaunt who mentioned the 'beautifying' project.

"You're talking about those plants we set up at the beginning of term?" he asked. "No, those were benign. Harmless. These are...invasive," he said, looking back at the vines.

And bloody annoying.

Perhaps a word with June was in order?

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 10-25-2021, 10:16 PM   #42 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Violet's words brought her attention from the Mordaunt girl. "What strange plant in the greenhouse?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
"Yes, I'd ALSO like to know about this funny plant in the greenhouses," Javi nodded at Emmerson and then looked at Violet with a raised eyebrow, and then back at the other Mordaunt who mentioned the 'beautifying' project.

"You're talking about those plants we set up at the beginning of term?" he asked. "No, those were benign. Harmless. These are...invasive," he said, looking back at the vines.
"No, not the plants we set up for the project," Violet replied, suddenly aware of people's attention being directed at her. "In fact, the other day some of us went down there and found almost all the plants were withered and dying. Except for this one strange plant that no one remembered seeing before. It was thriving, and kind of beautiful, I guess. But it gave me the creeps--it wasn't natural that all the other plants should be suddenly...dead like that." Then Violet suddenly remembered one other thing. "Oh, and the other plants--the withered ones--seemed to be glowing. It was really...eerie."