sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1088 users online including...
Nicholasje , Yaya

2 members
1086 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 54: January - April 2020

Term 54: January - April 2020 Term fifty-four: A Lesson in History (Sept 2100 - June 2101)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Default Butterfly Garden

Whether it was following the fluttering little wings or simply walking into this place by accident, you've now come to the butterfly garden. It's a small little paradise somewhere along the grounds but for some reason the garden keeps changing location, sometimes appearing closer to the lake while at other times one might swear it was a stone's throw from the wooden bridge. Wherever you've managed to stumble upon it, you're here now and so are its inhabitants.

The Butterfly Garden didn't get it's name for no reason. Throughout the year different species of butterflies can be seen floating about save for winters where the entire garden appears to be asleep.

There is a wooden bench or two located in the garden for those who would like to have a seat and take in the scenery as well as a wide array of vibrant flowers that leave you oddly captivated. See to it that you do not disrupt the balance in here.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default Anyone?
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

What a beautiful day out! Chloe couldn't wait to get outside and just get away from the thought of classes. It wasn't that school was going bad, no, it was going great actually. She loved her classes so far and she was excited to get to be with her friends again, but she just wanted to explore the grounds and enjoy being back at Hogwarts. She missed it even more than she thought when she wasn't here last term. Even with all the dust and dirt it was still her second home and she hated being away from it for so long.

Finding her way to the Gardens she took a seat on one of the benches. She loved the butterflies, they were pretty and calming. She knew she could sit here for hours watching them, but she had another purpose for being in this spot. She liked the quiet so she pulled out one of her favorite books and began to read. As she read butterflies moved about. He green eyes would life from the pages to watch them and a smile formed on her face.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default snag, you're it :'3
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

The outdoors, ahh, this was great. Curtis could practically taste the freedom as he ran about. Usually, back home his rendezvous were restricted to the enclosures of home. Not that he was sheltered, oh no, he played outside plenty but compared to this amount of space. Well, how could you even bother comparing?

Curtis eventually found himself in what was deemed the Butterfly garden. It was so frilly and peaceful... you know what that means? "WOW!" He exclaimed as he walked through the bed of flowers where some butterflies were once peacefully doing their thing. They flew off in packs as he ran through the field as he laughed aloud watching them.

And then... he fell on his back against the flowers. Could he make flower angels? Who cares, the view and scenery were great. He didn't even notice the girl reading on the bench nearby.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
The outdoors, ahh, this was great. Curtis could practically taste the freedom as he ran about. Usually, back home his rendezvous were restricted to the enclosures of home. Not that he was sheltered, oh no, he played outside plenty but compared to this amount of space. Well, how could you even bother comparing?

Curtis eventually found himself in what was deemed the Butterfly garden. It was so frilly and peaceful... you know what that means? "WOW!" He exclaimed as he walked through the bed of flowers where some butterflies were once peacefully doing their thing. They flew off in packs as he ran through the field as he laughed aloud watching them.

And then... he fell on his back against the flowers. Could he make flower angels? Who cares, the view and scenery were great. He didn't even notice the girl reading on the bench nearby.

He might not have noticed her, but his wow in such a quiet place made her notice him. She watched him as he moved about and then went to the ground. What on earth was he doing? Merlin boys were weird, why was she only fully realizing that lately? Turning back to her book she tried to get back focused. The love story was just getting good too and now this boy was interrupting.

Siiiiiiigh Why couldn't boys be like the ones in her books?

Closing the books she gave up and got up from her seat. Walking over to him she just stopped close enough that she was towering over him. It was then that she noticed he was the professor's son, the one that was thrown out of class.

"Do you always like to annoy the headmaster or was being thrown out of class on the first lesson just an accident?" She really hadn't meant to just blurt out the question but her brain and mouth didn't work in her favor and it had just come out.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
He might not have noticed her, but his wow in such a quiet place made her notice him. She watched him as he moved about and then went to the ground. What on earth was he doing? Merlin boys were weird, why was she only fully realizing that lately? Turning back to her book she tried to get back focused. The love story was just getting good too and now this boy was interrupting.

Siiiiiiigh Why couldn't boys be like the ones in her books?

Closing the books she gave up and got up from her seat. Walking over to him she just stopped close enough that she was towering over him. It was then that she noticed he was the professor's son, the one that was thrown out of class.

"Do you always like to annoy the headmaster or was being thrown out of class on the first lesson just an accident?" She really hadn't meant to just blurt out the question but her brain and mouth didn't work in her favor and it had just come out.
Curtis couldn't quite explain this feeling he had while laying in the flowers.. No, it wasn't a dangerous feeling like someone laying on an anthill or wasp nest, but something inside there was a comfort. Maybe it was just the weather that made this seem right. At least until a shadow was cast over his view. And the owner of the shadow wasn't hard on the eyes.

That question. Was really random. Curtis would totally admit that if he knew who this girl was. She was older and in Ravenclaw, that much he knew. It wasn't an unfair question to ask but random since he didn't even know her name and she probably only knew his surname. What could he say to this? Admit that he found it unfair and the adults were all after him and waiting for him to fail?

Heck no. He was going to tell the other half of the truth. "Mm.. it was kind of nice to know I have an influence on his mood." Curtis could feel the corners of his mouth perk. The idea that he had some sort of control was funny, but the reality was a different story. "I don't arrive late on purpose though.. unless it's to some goofball's party or doing a chore." Really, who wants to be early doing something they didn't care for?

"Are you always this nosy?" Curtis asked, genuinely curious on this interest in him. Plus, he was owed a random question too, hehe.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
Curtis couldn't quite explain this feeling he had while laying in the flowers.. No, it wasn't a dangerous feeling like someone laying on an anthill or wasp nest, but something inside there was a comfort. Maybe it was just the weather that made this seem right. At least until a shadow was cast over his view. And the owner of the shadow wasn't hard on the eyes.

That question. Was really random. Curtis would totally admit that if he knew who this girl was. She was older and in Ravenclaw, that much he knew. It wasn't an unfair question to ask but random since he didn't even know her name and she probably only knew his surname. What could he say to this? Admit that he found it unfair and the adults were all after him and waiting for him to fail?

Heck no. He was going to tell the other half of the truth. "Mm.. it was kind of nice to know I have an influence on his mood." Curtis could feel the corners of his mouth perk. The idea that he had some sort of control was funny, but the reality was a different story. "I don't arrive late on purpose though.. unless it's to some goofball's party or doing a chore." Really, who wants to be early doing something they didn't care for?

"Are you always this nosy?" Curtis asked, genuinely curious on this interest in him. Plus, he was owed a random question too, hehe.
Nice to know he had influence, seriously who did this boy think he was? She had half a mind to go to his father and let him know what his son thought, but Chloe wasn't a tattle so she would just let the comment slide for now. "I don't think that is a good thing, to have influence like that. Plus, the headmaster is actually kind of cool in his own leader sort of way. If you give him a chance." She actually really liked the headmaster and enjoyed their talks when he'd happen to be out when she was jogging last term.

"Really the only thing he has against him is the fact that it is starting to seem like he secretly doesn't like quidditch and is trying to get rid of it..... again." She had heard about the ban years, those were called dark times in her book and she hoped they weren't going that way again. No, no he wouldn't do that to them. She threw that thought out of her mind and squinted at the boy on the ground.

"I'm not nosy, I just don't like it when newcomers think they can get away with everything and you are a Slytherin so if you start losing points you'll have the head boy.... my brother to deal with." If he hadn't already met Gunnar, he wouldn't want to if he started losing tons of points for his "influences".
Old 01-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Nice to know he had influence, seriously who did this boy think he was? She had half a mind to go to his father and let him know what his son thought, but Chloe wasn't a tattle so she would just let the comment slide for now. "I don't think that is a good thing, to have influence like that. Plus, the headmaster is actually kind of cool in his own leader sort of way. If you give him a chance." She actually really liked the headmaster and enjoyed their talks when he'd happen to be out when she was jogging last term.

"Really the only thing he has against him is the fact that it is starting to seem like he secretly doesn't like quidditch and is trying to get rid of it..... again." She had heard about the ban years, those were called dark times in her book and she hoped they weren't going that way again. No, no he wouldn't do that to them. She threw that thought out of her mind and squinted at the boy on the ground.

"I'm not nosy, I just don't like it when newcomers think they can get away with everything and you are a Slytherin so if you start losing points you'll have the head boy.... my brother to deal with." If he hadn't already met Gunnar, he wouldn't want to if he started losing tons of points for his "influences".

Curtis didn't have to wait long to see the effects on a brainwashed student. Overly defensive, check. Quick to correct and push to their direction, check. Insisting on their good qualities, check. But bonus was the admission on their flaws to make them seem relatable. Checkmate. "Really.." According to Curtis, this girl was a lost cause. He wasn't going to bother arguing over the Headmaster so everything she spilled went out the other ear.

Well, almost everything. "You play Quidditch?" Curtis asked, "What position? Are you any good?" For obvious reasons he couldn't but that didn't stop him from wanting to play it. His parents didn't want his precious genes to be ruined and would have less control of him on a broom.

There it was, goody-goody students making assumptions about him, it made him smirk. The idea of him getting away with things was nice, but sadly far from reality. "You have me mistaken, I like to do what I want just like you probably do, only without being stopped." Was that so bad? Probably. His head cocked at that admission from her, "That's your brother?" Nooow it all makes sense. He had his own thoughts on the Head Boy who loved exercising his power. This girl never had the chance. "I got acquainted with your brother he's very... demanding, yet cool. I would like to be like him." In a loose description on his opinion on the Head Boy. He would like to see him again, cue his mischievious-like grin.

Old 01-19-2020, 03:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

"Yes really, he actually does take an interest in us. Some of the professors really don't seem to care, but he actually seems to. I mean take last term, I was trying to train in the mornings and he had come across me out when I probably shouldn't have been, but he didn't tell me to stop, he exercises with me and chatted. " She did really like the headmaster and she didn't care what this son of a professor thought.

Hitting the boy target right on the head Chloe couldn't help but almost laugh. Maybe that was another reason she liked Kaiser, he didn't seem to fall over when Quidditch was mentioned. "Am I any good?" Giving him eyes, though after this past summer her confidence was broken, she'd never let him know that. "I'm the starting Seeker for my U17 team, so yeah, you could say I'm good. What position do you play?" If he was asking positions she would assume he played as well. 'Stinks we don't have it this term, but I'm going to talk to the headmaster see if we can't get the pitch cleaned so we could at least fly there."

She wasn't fully sure about him, she wanted to like him. Chloe liked everyone or at least tried to like everyone. She felt everyone deserved to have a chance, but the more he talked the more she wanted to slap him and walk away. "I don't have to be stopped doing what I like to do because I don't do anything stupid." Which when she thought about it was something she wanted to do more of this term. Not the stupid part but just maybe some more risky things, whatever that was.

"Yes, Gunnar is my brother. He is a great guy and great headboy." She was happy to hear that even the trouble maker liked her brother.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Minjae! Anyone else can join in too! <3
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Rylee was on a mission. Find somewhere outdoors that was quiet. A peaceful spot where she could sit with Serafina and relax. Maybe even do some studying or play a song or two on her violin. Normally it had become routine for her to take a walk just after dinner and today was no different.

Despite the mid February evening chill, the seventh year was perfectly warm and cozy in her winter cloak and hat. Serafina also was bundled up in a light purple snowsuit and matching hat. The use of heating charms well placed on the two of them before even stepping foot outside. With her bag slung over her shoulder that held not only her own things but Serafina's she was able to have the 'baby' in the sling over her chest and carry her violin in her hand.

Already knowing what she was looking for was great, having to locate it was a little more difficult. Why the garden constantly moved around was unknown to her but it was one of the reasons she liked the spot as much as she did. It took a little while but a warm smile graced her lips as she stepped inside the totally quiet garden. Sadly due to it being the winter months no butterflies were in sight and most of the flowers were non-existent. It was still beautiful though and exactly where she wanted to be. "This is the butterfly garden. When it gets warmer out the butterflies will come out and the flowers will bloom," she explained quietly to Serafina.

"Today though we're here so I can practice my violin. I know you like hearing me play." Music seemed to help calm the 'baby' most of the time if nothing else worked first.

You are Bread!
Old 02-28-2020, 12:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee was on a mission. Find somewhere outdoors that was quiet. A peaceful spot where she could sit with Serafina and relax. Maybe even do some studying or play a song or two on her violin. Normally it had become routine for her to take a walk just after dinner and today was no different.

Despite the mid February evening chill, the seventh year was perfectly warm and cozy in her winter cloak and hat. Serafina also was bundled up in a light purple snowsuit and matching hat. The use of heating charms well placed on the two of them before even stepping foot outside. With her bag slung over her shoulder that held not only her own things but Serafina's she was able to have the 'baby' in the sling over her chest and carry her violin in her hand.

Already knowing what she was looking for was great, having to locate it was a little more difficult. Why the garden constantly moved around was unknown to her but it was one of the reasons she liked the spot as much as she did. It took a little while but a warm smile graced her lips as she stepped inside the totally quiet garden. Sadly due to it being the winter months no butterflies were in sight and most of the flowers were non-existent. It was still beautiful though and exactly where she wanted to be. "This is the butterfly garden. When it gets warmer out the butterflies will come out and the flowers will bloom," she explained quietly to Serafina.

"Today though we're here so I can practice my violin. I know you like hearing me play." Music seemed to help calm the 'baby' most of the time if nothing else worked first.
How he had found the butterfly garden, Minjae did not know. But he had and he wasted no time to show his doll all of the butterflies inside. Imagine his disappointment when there were none because it was winter...

Still, the Hufflepuff decided to stay inside because it was nice and quiet and he could do with nice and quiet for now. With the doll wrapped in a blanket to keep it warm, Minjae hummed a nursery song to it as he walked. Perhaps he should come back and find the garden another time when it was in full bloom? He bet Kiddo would love that.

He smiled to himself but then remembered that he probably won't have Kiddo around anymore as the assignment was only a couple of months. The thought of having to depart with the doll was strangely saddening him. Why was this thought making him sad? It was JUST a doll!

At first, the fourth year thought he was alone. But when he saw movement in the corner of his eyes, he turned his head to look who else was in the garden. Spotting Rylee, he turned and walked her way. "Sup Rylee?" he greeted before he spotted the violin and he made a face. "My parents hired a private tutor to teach me the violin. It did not go well"He sighed heavily. Money wasted. "In fact, the last one had called me; 'hopeless beyond belief' he laughed. Which was harsh but true. "Can i hear you play?"
Old 02-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
How he had found the butterfly garden, Minjae did not know. But he had and he wasted no time to show his doll all of the butterflies inside. Imagine his disappointment when there were none because it was winter...

Still, the Hufflepuff decided to stay inside because it was nice and quiet and he could do with nice and quiet for now. With the doll wrapped in a blanket to keep it warm, Minjae hummed a nursery song to it as he walked. Perhaps he should come back and find the garden another time when it was in full bloom? He bet Kiddo would love that.

He smiled to himself but then remembered that he probably won't have Kiddo around anymore as the assignment was only a couple of months. The thought of having to depart with the doll was strangely saddening him. Why was this thought making him sad? It was JUST a doll!

At first, the fourth year thought he was alone. But when he saw movement in the corner of his eyes, he turned his head to look who else was in the garden. Spotting Rylee, he turned and walked her way. "Sup Rylee?" he greeted before he spotted the violin and he made a face. "My parents hired a private tutor to teach me the violin. It did not go well"He sighed heavily. Money wasted. "In fact, the last one had called me; 'hopeless beyond belief' he laughed. Which was harsh but true. "Can i hear you play?"
Finding a bench somewhere near the center of the garden, Rylee set her bag down upon it. "Let's get you settled into your little bed, hm?" That way she would be able to actually play her violin. Rummaging through her bag for only a moment she pulled out a colorful moses type basket only it was made of thicker type fabric that was soft almost like fleece. Getting it set up on the ground at her feet (she wouldn't chance it toppling off the bench), she removed Serafina from the baby sling and carefully laid her in the basket. She made sure that she had her paci, stuffie and tucked a light blanket around her that had unicorns on it. Taking the sling off she stuffed it down into her bag.

Just as she sat down on the bench and opened up the violin case someone approaching caught her eye. Lifting her head she smiled warmly. "Hey, Minjae." The look on his face had her almost questioning him until he explained that he couldn't play. "They made you learn the violin?" That didn't sound like much fun. At least she had been the one to decide that she wanted to give it a try. "Seriously? That's incredibly unprofessional for a tutor of any kind to say." All kinds of wrong in her mind. If anyone had ever said anything remotely like that to her she would've been crushed!

The Gryffindor hadn't planned on having an audience other than Serafina. The fake-baby didn't judge. "Uh, well um..." Rylee began, chewing at her bottom lip, blue-gray eyes shifting from Minjae to her violin then back to him once more. "Yeah, okay. Mind you that I'm not as good as I was a few months ago." Fair warning. While she had healed up from her accident enough to return to school a few weeks ago it was taking a little longer than planned to get the proper range of motion going again for long periods of time to play certain pieces.

You are Bread!
Old 03-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Finding a bench somewhere near the center of the garden, Rylee set her bag down upon it. "Let's get you settled into your little bed, hm?" That way she would be able to actually play her violin. Rummaging through her bag for only a moment she pulled out a colorful moses type basket only it was made of thicker type fabric that was soft almost like fleece. Getting it set up on the ground at her feet (she wouldn't chance it toppling off the bench), she removed Serafina from the baby sling and carefully laid her in the basket. She made sure that she had her paci, stuffie and tucked a light blanket around her that had unicorns on it. Taking the sling off she stuffed it down into her bag.

Just as she sat down on the bench and opened up the violin case someone approaching caught her eye. Lifting her head she smiled warmly. "Hey, Minjae." The look on his face had her almost questioning him until he explained that he couldn't play. "They made you learn the violin?" That didn't sound like much fun. At least she had been the one to decide that she wanted to give it a try. "Seriously? That's incredibly unprofessional for a tutor of any kind to say." All kinds of wrong in her mind. If anyone had ever said anything remotely like that to her she would've been crushed!

The Gryffindor hadn't planned on having an audience other than Serafina. The fake-baby didn't judge. "Uh, well um..." Rylee began, chewing at her bottom lip, blue-gray eyes shifting from Minjae to her violin then back to him once more. "Yeah, okay. Mind you that I'm not as good as I was a few months ago." Fair warning. While she had healed up from her accident enough to return to school a few weeks ago it was taking a little longer than planned to get the proper range of motion going again for long periods of time to play certain pieces.
Feeling Kiddo slipping down, Minjae hoisted him while he looked at the doll that Rylee had. "What did you name your doll?" he asked suddenly while nodding towards it.

"Yeah... the sons and daughters of my mother's friends all did something musically. Playing violin, the piano etc" he said. "Whenever we had a corporate event one of them would perform" he said with a sigh as he thought back at all those BORING parties. Shaking hands with the staff, clients and stakeholders...ugh he was glad to be at Hogwarts, away from all that."I guess my parents wanted to prove that they had a gifted son as well. Well i guess i am since i turned out to be a wizard!" he laughed merrily.

"Are you feeling sorry for me?" he asked with a grin. "That's nice but don't be, i'm cool with it" he said truthfully. One thing he was good at was that nasty remarks never kept him up at night. "I was given the lessons around the time i started to show magical ability. And my ability was making things vanish" ....He still vanished things without meaning to though... "So they got more and more frustrated whenever i said that i couldn't find the bow or one time that i couldn't find my violin. Cause things don't just vanish right?" oh man, good times. "Sorry, im probably talking your ears off"

Minjae noticed the hesitation after he had asked if he could hear her play. What she said though was a bit peculiar. For most people, the more they practiced the more the better they got, right? "What do you mean with 'Not as good as a few months ago?'" he asked as he took a seat on the floor in front of her and placed Kiddo on his lap, facing her way so that he could enjoy the performance as well. "I'm sure you'll do brilliantly" he smiled.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Feeling Kiddo slipping down, Minjae hoisted him while he looked at the doll that Rylee had. "What did you name your doll?" he asked suddenly while nodding towards it.

"Yeah... the sons and daughters of my mother's friends all did something musically. Playing violin, the piano etc" he said. "Whenever we had a corporate event one of them would perform" he said with a sigh as he thought back at all those BORING parties. Shaking hands with the staff, clients and stakeholders...ugh he was glad to be at Hogwarts, away from all that."I guess my parents wanted to prove that they had a gifted son as well. Well i guess i am since i turned out to be a wizard!" he laughed merrily.

"Are you feeling sorry for me?" he asked with a grin. "That's nice but don't be, i'm cool with it" he said truthfully. One thing he was good at was that nasty remarks never kept him up at night. "I was given the lessons around the time i started to show magical ability. And my ability was making things vanish" ....He still vanished things without meaning to though... "So they got more and more frustrated whenever i said that i couldn't find the bow or one time that i couldn't find my violin. Cause things don't just vanish right?" oh man, good times. "Sorry, im probably talking your ears off"

Minjae noticed the hesitation after he had asked if he could hear her play. What she said though was a bit peculiar. For most people, the more they practiced the more the better they got, right? "What do you mean with 'Not as good as a few months ago?'" he asked as he took a seat on the floor in front of her and placed Kiddo on his lap, facing her way so that he could enjoy the performance as well. "I'm sure you'll do brilliantly" he smiled.
Rylee could feel herself cringing inwardly when her 'baby' had been referred to as a 'doll' despite knowing full well that that's what 'she' was. In her eyes Sera was a baby and was 'her' baby until this assignment was over. "Her name is Serafina Rosalie De Rossi buuuuuut we simply call her Serafina or Sera." No one went by their full name all of the time. "What's your baby's name?" she asked, her eyes moving onto the bundle in his arms.

Ah, now things made sense. Parents wanting their child to be like the children of their friends so they would have bragging rights as well. This was something she understand but always DISLIKED. "I'm sorry but that would've driven me insane. Learning an instrument takes time and dedicated. Not everyone can just pick up one and play." True some people were seriously musically inclined and could do that but that wasn't the case for everyone. "The violin is the only instrument that I play and I got into it because my brother-in-law plays and I fell in love with it when I watched him play. He's my main teacher but I also have a friend that helped me during the school term before he graduated." It took awhile for her to learn even if music was always special to her. "I bet being a wizard isn't you're only talent. Were they really shocked by the news?"

Sorry for him? No but maybe that's how it had sounded to him. "No, not exactly. I just don't believe it's right to force something upon a child or anyone for that matter when it doesn't interest them AND then for them to be spoken about like that afterwards." As Minjae continued to talk though she began to laugh along with him. "Vanishing things? Now that's great!" She couldn't recall ever doing that as a child. "Nah, it's alright. I don't mind it at all." This lioness was very much a people person and would happily talk with anyone all day long if she could.

Rylee had hoped he wouldn't ask. Seeing as he had though she would tell him. Sort of. "I had an accident a few weeks before the end of summer and it caused some problems for me. My range of movement isn't always as it should be when it comes to playing the proper notes or as quickly as some need to be played." Her eyes had shifted to Serafina as she spoke, trying to keep from remembering all the details of that day.

Taking in a slow even breathe which she blew out even more slowly, Rylee turned her attention back onto Minjae and his 'baby'. "This is one of my favorites, it's called Element." With that she began to play hitting all of the beginning notes perfectly, her eyes shinning as she allowed herself to become lost in the music. Yes, she made several mistakes but she did her best to ignore that fact and continue playing. At least she trying and giving it her all once again.

You are Bread!
Old 03-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Rylee could feel herself cringing inwardly when her 'baby' had been referred to as a 'doll' despite knowing full well that that's what 'she' was. In her eyes Sera was a baby and was 'her' baby until this assignment was over. "Her name is Serafina Rosalie De Rossi buuuuuut we simply call her Serafina or Sera." No one went by their full name all of the time. "What's your baby's name?" she asked, her eyes moving onto the bundle in his arms.

Ah, now things made sense. Parents wanting their child to be like the children of their friends so they would have bragging rights as well. This was something she understand but always DISLIKED. "I'm sorry but that would've driven me insane. Learning an instrument takes time and dedicated. Not everyone can just pick up one and play." True some people were seriously musically inclined and could do that but that wasn't the case for everyone. "The violin is the only instrument that I play and I got into it because my brother-in-law plays and I fell in love with it when I watched him play. He's my main teacher but I also have a friend that helped me during the school term before he graduated." It took awhile for her to learn even if music was always special to her. "I bet being a wizard isn't you're only talent. Were they really shocked by the news?"

Sorry for him? No but maybe that's how it had sounded to him. "No, not exactly. I just don't believe it's right to force something upon a child or anyone for that matter when it doesn't interest them AND then for them to be spoken about like that afterwards." As Minjae continued to talk though she began to laugh along with him. "Vanishing things? Now that's great!" She couldn't recall ever doing that as a child. "Nah, it's alright. I don't mind it at all." This lioness was very much a people person and would happily talk with anyone all day long if she could.

Rylee had hoped he wouldn't ask. Seeing as he had though she would tell him. Sort of. "I had an accident a few weeks before the end of summer and it caused some problems for me. My range of movement isn't always as it should be when it comes to playing the proper notes or as quickly as some need to be played." Her eyes had shifted to Serafina as she spoke, trying to keep from remembering all the details of that day.

Taking in a slow even breathe which she blew out even more slowly, Rylee turned her attention back onto Minjae and his 'baby'. "This is one of my favorites, it's called Element." With that she began to play hitting all of the beginning notes perfectly, her eyes shinning as she allowed herself to become lost in the music. Yes, she made several mistakes but she did her best to ignore that fact and continue playing. At least she trying and giving it her all once again.
That Rylee had given her doll a middle name made him feel even worse as he looked down at his own. He hadn't been able to come up with a name and he had called it the first thing that had popped up in his mind when he had to sign the contract. But then he remembered what Chloe had told him and he felt a bit better. "This is Kiddo" he said as he held him up for her to see. "Serafina is a nice name, how did you come up with it?" he asked with a curious tone in his voice.

She was absolutely right that learning an instrument was time consuming and a lot of effort needed to be put in to it. Minjae nodded his head at everything Rylee said, feeling good that finally someone other than his personal chauffeur understood him. "How long have you been playing the violin?" he asked as he looked up at her from his seated position on the ground and the baby doll on his lap. "And do you play for fun or do want to play in an orchestra one day?"

"So far, i think it is my only talent and here it isn't even a talent" he sighed. "i'm not good at anything in particular. My grades are average. I don't stand out in any subjects" he had favorite subjects like DADA and Potions but he wasn't a genius at them. "But you know what? I think that's not so bad. I think that being content with what i can do even if its mediocre brings me more happiness than when i stand out"

As for his parents being shocked , he nodded his head once again. "We came to England to get me checked out at a private hospital here because they thought i was seriously ill" he laughed as he thought back. "But when a staff member came to our house and explained about me and Hogwarts they didn't believe it at first. I mean, who would right?" he shrugged. "But they believed it eventually and i was allowed to go. It was also the first time that i went somewhere without my personal chauffeur and traveled alone so...that was weird" It was probably the main reason why his parents had been so against him going to Hogwarts. Not because he was going to learn about magic instead of going to business school like planned but that he would be alone for the first time.

He guessed he did have a talent though. And that was vanishing things without meaning to or knowing how he had done it. Last time it had happened it was during Transfiguration class three lessons ago.

Minjae looked at Rylee for a moment as she spoke about her accident. He wanted to know what had happened but he also had a feeling that she didn't feel comfortable talking about it. "Is that why you left Hogwarts some time ago?" he asked carefully."Contrary to popular belief, i am a good listener so if you want to talk about it to someone who isn't that close to you, you can find me" And if she didn't want to, he was cool with it.

Ooooooh! she agreed to play something for him and Kiddo?! Minjae sat more upright as he gave her his full attention now. He didn't care if it was good or not though he could not promise that he wouldn't put his fingers in his ears if it was THAT bad... but when she started playing he didn't think that he needed to. If she made mistakes, it was unnoticeable to an untrained ear like him.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
That Rylee had given her doll a middle name made him feel even worse as he looked down at his own. He hadn't been able to come up with a name and he had called it the first thing that had popped up in his mind when he had to sign the contract. But then he remembered what Chloe had told him and he felt a bit better. "This is Kiddo" he said as he held him up for her to see. "Serafina is a nice name, how did you come up with it?" he asked with a curious tone in his voice.

She was absolutely right that learning an instrument was time consuming and a lot of effort needed to be put in to it. Minjae nodded his head at everything Rylee said, feeling good that finally someone other than his personal chauffeur understood him. "How long have you been playing the violin?" he asked as he looked up at her from his seated position on the ground and the baby doll on his lap. "And do you play for fun or do want to play in an orchestra one day?"

"So far, i think it is my only talent and here it isn't even a talent" he sighed. "i'm not good at anything in particular. My grades are average. I don't stand out in any subjects" he had favorite subjects like DADA and Potions but he wasn't a genius at them. "But you know what? I think that's not so bad. I think that being content with what i can do even if its mediocre brings me more happiness than when i stand out"

As for his parents being shocked , he nodded his head once again. "We came to England to get me checked out at a private hospital here because they thought i was seriously ill" he laughed as he thought back. "But when a staff member came to our house and explained about me and Hogwarts they didn't believe it at first. I mean, who would right?" he shrugged. "But they believed it eventually and i was allowed to go. It was also the first time that i went somewhere without my personal chauffeur and traveled alone so...that was weird" It was probably the main reason why his parents had been so against him going to Hogwarts. Not because he was going to learn about magic instead of going to business school like planned but that he would be alone for the first time.

He guessed he did have a talent though. And that was vanishing things without meaning to or knowing how he had done it. Last time it had happened it was during Transfiguration class three lessons ago.

Minjae looked at Rylee for a moment as she spoke about her accident. He wanted to know what had happened but he also had a feeling that she didn't feel comfortable talking about it. "Is that why you left Hogwarts some time ago?" he asked carefully."Contrary to popular belief, i am a good listener so if you want to talk about it to someone who isn't that close to you, you can find me" And if she didn't want to, he was cool with it.

Ooooooh! she agreed to play something for him and Kiddo?! Minjae sat more upright as he gave her his full attention now. He didn't care if it was good or not though he could not promise that he wouldn't put his fingers in his ears if it was THAT bad... but when she started playing he didn't think that he needed to. If she made mistakes, it was unnoticeable to an untrained ear like him.
A small smile tugged at her lips as she heard what he named his 'baby'. It wasn't necessarily a name she would have chosen but who was she at all to judge? At least he gave the 'baby' a name AND he seemed to be taking good care of him. "That's a cute name and he's a cutie." Therefore the name fit. "Thank you. I enjoy choosing names that I don't hear very often this is one of them. I also try to go with a name or a meaning that fits well." Plus she ran it by Stefan and he liked the name as well so that was a huge plus.

"I didn't start learning at all until about half-way through my second year? So about five or so years with some breaks in between." She always had a way of taking on way to much and then trying to organize her time to get everything done. Rylee shook her head right away. "No. As much as I enjoy playing I'm not orchestra level. I mainly play to help clear my head and because music has always been a big part of my life."

Rylee listened quietly but only until Minjae had finished speaking. "As long as you're happy with what you're doing and what you're accomplishing than that's the important thing." Happiness was key. "You never know though... you might just be really good at something you don't even know about. Maybe you have a have a hidden talent that hasn't had an opportunity to make itself known yet."

"Seriously?" She couldn't keep from laughing a little. That was something she hadn't heard before. "Good thing you're not ill and they learned that what was happening had cause." He had a chauffeur?? Usually that meant money, which could explain his parents wanting him to learn music so they could brag to their friends and attending big parties. "Being alone can be hard at first but once you make friends it get better." She had always known she would attend Hogwarts, the problem for her was her older sister had been here first which in her eyes meant she had a LOT to live up to.

"It was. In all honesty I shouldn't have even returned at all when term started but that was me being stubborn. Being home for a few months longer really helped." Rylee smiled thankful that he wasn't asking a lot of questions. "Thanks, I appreciate that." Not many people knew what truly happened but if things worked out as planned for her in the next few months she wouldn't care if they knew or not.

Her song choice could have been better but she had gone with a song that was special to her. One she had learned a few years ago and had always helped her through rough times. The more she played, the easier it was for her to relax and focus only on the music. All to soon the final note came and with a gentle sigh, Ry placed her violin and bow down beside her on the bench, eyes finding her small audience again, a light smile on her lips.

You are Bread!
Old 03-17-2020, 10:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
A small smile tugged at her lips as she heard what he named his 'baby'. It wasn't necessarily a name she would have chosen but who was she at all to judge? At least he gave the 'baby' a name AND he seemed to be taking good care of him. "That's a cute name and he's a cutie." Therefore the name fit. "Thank you. I enjoy choosing names that I don't hear very often this is one of them. I also try to go with a name or a meaning that fits well." Plus she ran it by Stefan and he liked the name as well so that was a huge plus.

"I didn't start learning at all until about half-way through my second year? So about five or so years with some breaks in between." She always had a way of taking on way to much and then trying to organize her time to get everything done. Rylee shook her head right away. "No. As much as I enjoy playing I'm not orchestra level. I mainly play to help clear my head and because music has always been a big part of my life."

Rylee listened quietly but only until Minjae had finished speaking. "As long as you're happy with what you're doing and what you're accomplishing than that's the important thing." Happiness was key. "You never know though... you might just be really good at something you don't even know about. Maybe you have a have a hidden talent that hasn't had an opportunity to make itself known yet."

"Seriously?" She couldn't keep from laughing a little. That was something she hadn't heard before. "Good thing you're not ill and they learned that what was happening had cause." He had a chauffeur?? Usually that meant money, which could explain his parents wanting him to learn music so they could brag to their friends and attending big parties. "Being alone can be hard at first but once you make friends it get better." She had always known she would attend Hogwarts, the problem for her was her older sister had been here first which in her eyes meant she had a LOT to live up to.

"It was. In all honesty I shouldn't have even returned at all when term started but that was me being stubborn. Being home for a few months longer really helped." Rylee smiled thankful that he wasn't asking a lot of questions. "Thanks, I appreciate that." Not many people knew what truly happened but if things worked out as planned for her in the next few months she wouldn't care if they knew or not.

Her song choice could have been better but she had gone with a song that was special to her. One she had learned a few years ago and had always helped her through rough times. The more she played, the easier it was for her to relax and focus only on the music. All to soon the final note came and with a gentle sigh, Ry placed her violin and bow down beside her on the bench, eyes finding her small audience again, a light smile on her lips.
Minjae smiled when Rylee called his doll a cutie. "He is, isn't he?" he said. "Though, when i get a kid of my own later in life i do think my partner should name the child" he laughed. "Since i'm horrible at naming... I have two bunnies at home and it took me 3 months until i was satisfied with their names" It was at this moment that the Hufflepuff suddenly stared in front of him and frowned for a good five seconds, lost in thought , before he looked up at Rylee. "Did i just admitted i wanted to have a child?!" he shivered. Sure, he was pretty good with taking care of a child apparently but having his own one ...that was terrifying! The responsibility! "Well, i guess i NEED to have a child... since i'm an heir and need to continue my father's and grandfather's company..." he mumbled to himself as he looked at the ground without really seeing it. He shook his head and looked up again, giving a small smile. "Sorry about that. Mild panic about the future! you know how that goes haha!" Stop rambling, Minjae...

Serafina was definitely a name that he wished he had come up with but he also knew that he would never think of it either. Was he a bit jealous of the name? Yeah... "You know, the name Serafina reminds me of a mixture of a crystal stone and a warrior name for some reason" he said out of the blue.

So she played the violin to clear her head? Made sense in some way he guessed. Everyone had something or want something they can use to clear their minds with. For him, it was video gaming. "If you do get in to an orchestra one day i'll make sure every seat is occupied!" he said, his eyes twinkling. "I'll also ask my dad to hire you for parties!" If she wanted to make extra money with playing the violin of course.

Make friends....Minjae sighed. Did he have friends here at Hogwarts? People who he could trust? Tell his problems to and they would help him out if needed? He wasn't sure... "Yeah" he said in a cheerful manner because he didn't want to ruin the mood, not just before his very own private concert!

While she was playing, Minjae stared at the expressions on her face. At first, she seemed uneasy, though he couldn't blame her. Playing in front of only one (well two if you count a doll) person was probably more nerve-wracking than playing in front of a whole audience. But the more she played , Minjae could see that she was feeling the music. And when she was done, the Hufflepuff applauded enthusiastically, even using Kiddo's little arms to clap as well. "That was awesome! What song was that?" he asked. "You really got lost in the music for a moment there, didn't you?"
Old 03-18-2020, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Minjae smiled when Rylee called his doll a cutie. "He is, isn't he?" he said. "Though, when i get a kid of my own later in life i do think my partner should name the child" he laughed. "Since i'm horrible at naming... I have two bunnies at home and it took me 3 months until i was satisfied with their names" It was at this moment that the Hufflepuff suddenly stared in front of him and frowned for a good five seconds, lost in thought , before he looked up at Rylee. "Did i just admitted i wanted to have a child?!" he shivered. Sure, he was pretty good with taking care of a child apparently but having his own one ...that was terrifying! The responsibility! "Well, i guess i NEED to have a child... since i'm an heir and need to continue my father's and grandfather's company..." he mumbled to himself as he looked at the ground without really seeing it. He shook his head and looked up again, giving a small smile. "Sorry about that. Mild panic about the future! you know how that goes haha!" Stop rambling, Minjae...

Serafina was definitely a name that he wished he had come up with but he also knew that he would never think of it either. Was he a bit jealous of the name? Yeah... "You know, the name Serafina reminds me of a mixture of a crystal stone and a warrior name for some reason" he said out of the blue.

So she played the violin to clear her head? Made sense in some way he guessed. Everyone had something or want something they can use to clear their minds with. For him, it was video gaming. "If you do get in to an orchestra one day i'll make sure every seat is occupied!" he said, his eyes twinkling. "I'll also ask my dad to hire you for parties!" If she wanted to make extra money with playing the violin of course.

Make friends....Minjae sighed. Did he have friends here at Hogwarts? People who he could trust? Tell his problems to and they would help him out if needed? He wasn't sure... "Yeah" he said in a cheerful manner because he didn't want to ruin the mood, not just before his very own private concert!

While she was playing, Minjae stared at the expressions on her face. At first, she seemed uneasy, though he couldn't blame her. Playing in front of only one (well two if you count a doll) person was probably more nerve-wracking than playing in front of a whole audience. But the more she played , Minjae could see that she was feeling the music. And when she was done, the Hufflepuff applauded enthusiastically, even using Kiddo's little arms to clap as well. "That was awesome! What song was that?" he asked. "You really got lost in the music for a moment there, didn't you?"
Rylee nodded. In her eyes all babies were cute. Human babies, creatures, dolls, it didn't really matter. A baby was a baby and was therefore cute to her. "You could do that or you could discuss names with your partner when the time comes." Which is what Stefan and her had done. "There's also many books and things that you can always look at if you need a little more assistance." This she knew because of her own sister and close older friends that all had children. "Unisex names are also really great." Like her own name and that of her siblings Rian and Reese. It was what Minjae had said next that had got her laughing though. "You did but there's plenty of time ahead to really consider all of that." Having a child was no joke and it took a great deal of seriousness to raise a little one. "M' no worries... happens to me all the time now." Growing up was rough! And to think she was graduating in a few months time!

There was an immediate smile that spread across Rylee's face when he commented on Sera's name. "That could be because you're basically correct. Seraphinite is a stone of light energy and the name Serafina means 'fiery one' or 'burning ones' and 'winged angel'" her eyes fell upon her 'fake-baby' laying in the mosis basket watching her and she smiled. Every name she choose for something had a meaning.

"If by some chance that happens I will let you know." However she didn't think so. Violin was lovely and she enjoyed playing but it wasn't Herbology or Quidditch. "Oh? If your dad is looking for an amazing violinist I know someone." Her brother-in-law was epic.

The clapping as she finished playing was really nice, there was no denying that. Even little Kiddo was clapping! How cute!!! "Thanks. It's called Elements, it's been my favorite ever since my brother in law played it for me." The range in notes which needed to be played really helped with her range in motion for physical therapy, getting her arm and shoulder to where it used to be. "I do. When I really get into a song it's easy to forget where I am and let the music take over." Music was special like that. It had healing powers that nothing else did.

You are Bread!
Old 03-21-2020, 09:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Beth Monteleone
First Year
Default Feel free to join, anyone (:
aut viam inveniam aut faciam tibi ♥ slytherpuff princess

Beth was grumpy, to say the least. She huffed and puffed her way toward the butterfly garden, not really paying attention to the people or things around her. The term was almost over and she'd been looking forward to the summer holidays more than anything, but now her brother had ruined the entire plan with his poor life management skills and it was taking everything for her to not march up to the owlery right this second and send him a very heavily worded howler.

It's okay, she was calm. Really, she was.

Don't get her wrong, she loved being at Hogwarts with her friends and her classes and okay yeah, maybe walking around the grounds and seeing the Hogwarts founders is extremely weird and kind of terrifying, but she made the most of her fifth year. She had worked hard in all of her classes and was so excited for her holiday. She was supposed to go to Spain this summer. She was supposed to see her grandparents after years of not being able to visit, watch the sunset and stroll down La Rambla with abuelo, and watch novelas and bake pastries all afternoon with abuela. But none of that was probably going to happen now, and honestly she just wanted some strawberry ice cream and a hug!!! She figured she could always stop by the kitchens before heading back up to the common room, but for now surrounding herself with nature was the best thing she could do. Something about it always calmed her down. She sat with her back against a nearby tree and began to sketch in her book.