sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1172 users online including...
Anthonydyday , Svetligg , Stevendalo

5 members
1167 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic

Ministry of Magic Beneath the heart of London lies the wizarding government. Access to the Ministry is a fireplace, toilet, or telephone box away.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2021, 03:02 AM

Default Fountain of the Magical Brethren

Halfway into the Atrium, gleaming in all its golden glory is the Fountain of Magical Brethren. The large fountain depicts golden figures of a wizard, witch, centaur, goblin, and a house-elf with jets of water spouting out into the fountain below. The focal point of the fountain are the witch and wizard, the other beings looking up at the pair with adoration. Gaze at the lovely fountain as you make your way to the other various locations within the Ministry.

Peacock blue ceiling with golden symbols moving over it, and polished dark wood floors, the Atrium serves to welcome all visitors to the British Ministry of Magic and is the place all Ministry workers must pass through to get to their respectable departments. If you look closely at the windows overlooking the atrium, you may catch a glimpse of Ministry employees, namely security, observing all those who pass through the atrium.

Not far from the Fountain of Magical Brethren is a small stand that serves coffee and a danishes to workers too busy to stop and have a proper meal. The large room is incessantly full of busy employees, but only a few ever care to stop and chat you up; our wonderful Welcome Wizard who is there to assist the public, and the security workers watching out for the leery. You should hope to only ever be stopped by the former, else you may find yourself taking an unexpected trip to the security office.
Old 07-03-2021, 05:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

Some time had passed since the events of the Morning with the Ministry event and it was truly a pity that the Fountain of the Magical Brethren's return was so short lived. Despite the efforts up to now, the fountain continued to produce its deep crimson liquid and the wands jetting out the Sign of the Deathly Hallows. A large beige cover had been placed over the entirety to hide the uncomfortable sight, but just because it was out of sight did not mean that it was out of mind.

The ancient Dark magic was as stubborn as it was powerful.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

After checking in with Security, getting his visitor's badge, and having his holly wand weighed, Kalen wandered into the atrium on his way to the lifts. He had some time to kill before he needed to head up to Games and Sports and he had thought to toss a coin into the fountain. He'd done it since he was little and to not do so was bad luck, or so he had come to think. The one time he hadn't done it, he'd ended up with chicken pox.

So he was a bit confounded by the fact that the fountain was currently 'closed' and wrapped up like a precious plant during a deep frost. His face took on a weird 'errr' look as he stood there, hands tucked into his pockets as he tried to figure out why the fountain was closed. Clearly the young man hadn't been a plus-one to the orientation and had no idea of what was going on under the beige cover.
Old 07-11-2021, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Kalen <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
After checking in with Security, getting his visitor's badge, and having his holly wand weighed, Kalen wandered into the atrium on his way to the lifts. He had some time to kill before he needed to head up to Games and Sports and he had thought to toss a coin into the fountain. He'd done it since he was little and to not do so was bad luck, or so he had come to think. The one time he hadn't done it, he'd ended up with chicken pox.

So he was a bit confounded by the fact that the fountain was currently 'closed' and wrapped up like a precious plant during a deep frost. His face took on a weird 'errr' look as he stood there, hands tucked into his pockets as he tried to figure out why the fountain was closed. Clearly the young man hadn't been a plus-one to the orientation and had no idea of what was going on under the beige cover.

The bad thing about being out and about in the extremely public Atrium was the fact that he could run into Gabriel at any moment. Granted, the possibility existed that that could happen anywhere but it was always greater at places frequented by all Ministry employees. Brody reminded himself that he needed to find himself a Portugues tutor now that he’d decided to…

Hello, there.

Wasn’t that Kalen? Yes, yes it was. It was obvious that the guy was confused about the hidden Fountain. “Confused looks hardly suit that pretty face of yours, Kalen,” Brody remarked as he stepped up beside the other young man.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Brody <3

Text Cut: Brody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

The bad thing about being out and about in the extremely public Atrium was the fact that he could run into Gabriel at any moment. Granted, the possibility existed that that could happen anywhere but it was always greater at places frequented by all Ministry employees. Brody reminded himself that he needed to find himself a Portugues tutor now that he’d decided to…

Hello, there.

Wasn’t that Kalen? Yes, yes it was. It was obvious that the guy was confused about the hidden Fountain. “Confused looks hardly suit that pretty face of yours, Kalen,” Brody remarked as he stepped up beside the other young man.

Eep!

He hadn't jumped. Nope not at all! At least that's what Kalen was telling himself because Merlin's droopy drawers, where had Brody come from? He glanced over at the young man."Confused?" His voice squeaked a little around the 'f'. He opened his mouth to ask about the fountain - waiiitt.... handsome? Did Brody just call him handsome? Now a bright flush crept up the back of his neck. He rubbed at it with a hand. How was it he could go from scared to confused to embarrassed all in the span of like two seconds? And what was it about Brody that always made him feel a little...flustered?

"What happened to the fountain?" he asked waving a hand toward it in an effort to keep himself from asking if Brody really thought he was handsome. "I can't toss a coin in with it all bundled up like that. I don't want to end up with chicken pox again. Oh! Oh! What if it's worse then just getting sick this time?" Surely Brody would have no idea what he was talking about, but that didn't stop Kalen from babbling. In fact, Kalen often seemed to babble around Brody. "Is it broken? Like did they drain it? But if they drained it, why is the hole thing covered?"
Old 07-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Kalen! <3
Quote:
Eep!

He hadn't jumped. Nope not at all! At least that's what Kalen was telling himself because Merlin's droopy drawers, where had Brody come from? He glanced over at the young man."Confused?" His voice squeaked a little around the 'f'. He opened his mouth to ask about the fountain - waiiitt.... handsome? Did Brody just call him handsome? Now a bright flush crept up the back of his neck. He rubbed at it with a hand. How was it he could go from scared to confused to embarrassed all in the span of like two seconds? And what was it about Brody that always made him feel a little...flustered?

"What happened to the fountain?" he asked waving a hand toward it in an effort to keep himself from asking if Brody really thought he was handsome. "I can't toss a coin in with it all bundled up like that. I don't want to end up with chicken pox again. Oh! Oh! What if it's worse then just getting sick this time?" Surely Brody would have no idea what he was talking about, but that didn't stop Kalen from babbling. In fact, Kalen often seemed to babble around Brody. "Is it broken? Like did they drain it? But if they drained it, why is the hole thing covered?"

Broody arched an eyebrow. He had been looking directly at Kalen so the fact that Kalen had been startled did not go unmissed. The other eyebrow went up at that very obvious squeak. For these reactions, Brody would chalk it up to the other young man being startled by his sudden appearance. With his eyebrows back in place, Brody lips curved into a smirk just because he felt like it.

Had Kalen asked if Brody really thought that he was handsome, Brody would have answered truthfully with a calm ‘Yes’. He further remained silent because he couldn’t get a word in. Not with Kalen running his mouth so much. “You didn’t talk this much that day at the other fountain when your friend was with us,” he pointed out, not caring if Kalen figured out that Brody knew he possibly made Kalen nervous.

The smirk vanished as he gazed at the shrouded Fountain. “Drama,’’ Brody replied. “On the day of the orientation. The water from the witch’s and wizard’s wand somehow formed the shape of the Deathly Hallows. Oh, and the water turned bright crimson. Doubt you wanted to throw your coin in blood- coloured water.” As usual, Brody was uncomfortable speaking of any Dark Magic happenings, given the events that occurred months ago.

The DIMC Coordinator turned to Kalen once more. “So… chicken pox. Are you sure you’re not overthinking this, pretty boy?’’ he asked delicately.

Last edited by FearlessLeader19; 07-15-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Brody
Quote:
Broody arched an eyebrow. He had been looking directly at Kalen so the fact that Kalen had been startled did not go unmissed. The other eyebrow went up at that very obvious squeak. For these reactions, Brody would chalk it up to the other young man being startled by his sudden appearance. With his eyebrows back in place, Brody lips curved into a smirk just because he felt like it.
Had Kalen asked if Brody really thought that he was handsome, Brody would have answered truthfully with a calm ‘Yes’. He further remained silent because he couldn’t get a word in. Not with Kalen running his mouth so much. “You didn’t talk this much that day at the other fountain when your friend was with us,” he pointed out, not caring if Kalen figured out that Brody knew he possibly made Kalen nervous.

The smirk vanished as he gazed at the shrouded Fountain. “Drama,’’ Brody replied. “On the day of the orientation. The water from the witch’s and wizard’s wand somehow formed the shape of the Deathly Hallows. Oh, and the water turned bright crimson. Doubt you wanted to throw your coin in blood- coloured water.” As usual, Brody was uncomfortable speaking of any Dark Magic happenings, given the events that occurred months ago.

The DIMC Coordinator turned to Kalen once more. “So… chicken pox. Are you sure you’re not overthinking this, pretty boy?’’ he asked delicately.

Brody’s eyes were big when he did that. Did he know that? Kinda like a owl. Who knew the man was so expressive? Kalen didn’t. In every encounter they had, Brody seemed so… stoic. Kalen realized he was staring and licked his lips a little. ”Umm….” Was he smirking? Ok. Now Kalen felt like Brody was messing with him a little bit.

”Didn’t I?” He pushed up his sleeves a little. ”You’re probably the first person to say I don’t babble. Even my gir – Anna… well she says I babble. Although she thinks it’s cute. And nerdy. She calls me a nerd all the time.” Dear Merlin man… get it together. Brody probably didn’t want to hear about his girlfriend. No it didn’t occur to him that he failed to finish the word ‘girlfriend’ either. Oh great Potter’s ghost, she was going to kill him if she ever found out. ”It’s because I read. A – lot. Mostly for school, but I also like fict-Drama?” And then that smirk was gone and Brody’s stoic look was back.

Crimson water? Well, didn’t that sound delightful. He shoved his knut back into his pants pocket. It seemed he wasn’t going to be able to toss his ceremonial coin into the fountain today. ”Where you there?” he asked turning to face the man. He was surprised to find he kind of hoped Brody hadn’t been.

And then Brody was facing him. He swallowed hard. ”Well, yeah. And no- maybe… I don’t know!” He was getting a little flustered again. ”The one and only time I didn’t toss a coin in, I got chicken pox. It wasn’t pretty. Blotches all over, itching, fever, being too tired to read or sleep…have you ever gotten chicken pox?”
Old 07-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Brody’s eyes were big when he did that. Did he know that? Kinda like a owl. Who knew the man was so expressive? Kalen didn’t. In every encounter they had, Brody seemed so… stoic. Kalen realized he was staring and licked his lips a little. ”Umm….” Was he smirking? Ok. Now Kalen felt like Brody was messing with him a little bit.

”Didn’t I?” He pushed up his sleeves a little. ”You’re probably the first person to say I don’t babble. Even my gir – Anna… well she says I babble. Although she thinks it’s cute. And nerdy. She calls me a nerd all the time.” Dear Merlin man… get it together. Brody probably didn’t want to hear about his girlfriend. No it didn’t occur to him that he failed to finish the word ‘girlfriend’ either. Oh great Potter’s ghost, she was going to kill him if she ever found out. ”It’s because I read. A – lot. Mostly for school, but I also like fict-Drama?” And then that smirk was gone and Brody’s stoic look was back.

Crimson water? Well, didn’t that sound delightful. He shoved his knut back into his pants pocket. It seemed he wasn’t going to be able to toss his ceremonial coin into the fountain today. ”Where you there?” he asked turning to face the man. He was surprised to find he kind of hoped Brody hadn’t been.

And then Brody was facing him. He swallowed hard. ”Well, yeah. And no- maybe… I don’t know!” He was getting a little flustered again. ”The one and only time I didn’t toss a coin in, I got chicken pox. It wasn’t pretty. Blotches all over, itching, fever, being too tired to read or sleep…have you ever gotten chicken pox?”

Brody had never thought of it. Then again, he rarely raised his eyebrows. Kalen would be right in the way of thinking that Brody was usually stoic. Brody’s eyes strayed pointedly to Kalen’s lips. Pointedly because Kalen seemed to be oblivious to the fact that he was being flirted with. It was either that or the other man had no intention of acknowledging the flirting.

Brody was patient, listening to all the chatter without interruption. Not even the remarks about Kalen’s girlfriend phased him. “She’s right. It’s cute. Very cute. You should babble more.” If he had been the one dating Kalen, then he would be more than happy to stay quiet for most of the time and listen to all that babbling. Brody glanced at the covered Fountain then nodded. “I was. It was something very shocking to see.” He would spare Kalen the details; he had the impression that Kalen was the soft type - anything unpleasant would bother him.

As he watched Kalen then, it only occurred now to him that he made the other young man nervous. The thought amused him. “We can’t have your face being all splotchy again, can we? Why not try the Fountain at Diagon Alley? Not sure if that Fountain will help but it’s worth the shot, right?’’ Then Brody was shaking his head. “I don’t get sick easily.” He wasn’t bragging but had said it casually as though commenting on the day’s weather.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:

Brody had never thought of it. Then again, he rarely raised his eyebrows. Kalen would be right in the way of thinking that Brody was usually stoic. Brody’s eyes strayed pointedly to Kalen’s lips. Pointedly because Kalen seemed to be oblivious to the fact that he was being flirted with. It was either that or the other man had no intention of acknowledging the flirting.

Brody was patient, listening to all the chatter without interruption. Not even the remarks about Kalen’s girlfriend phased him. “She’s right. It’s cute. Very cute. You should babble more.” If he had been the one dating Kalen, then he would be more than happy to stay quiet for most of the time and listen to all that babbling. Brody glanced at the covered Fountain then nodded. “I was. It was something very shocking to see.” He would spare Kalen the details; he had the impression that Kalen was the soft type - anything unpleasant would bother him.

As he watched Kalen then, it only occurred now to him that he made the other young man nervous. The thought amused him. “We can’t have your face being all splotchy again, can we? Why not try the Fountain at Diagon Alley? Not sure if that Fountain will help but it’s worth the shot, right?’’ Then Brody was shaking his head. “I don’t get sick easily.” He wasn’t bragging but had said it casually as though commenting on the day’s weather.

Kalen completely missed Brody’s gaze lingering on his lips. Just like he completely missed the flirting and the compliments. He wasn't used to them, nor was he wired to notice them. His mind was usually elsewhere. and Right how he was too busy thinking about the crimson water. ”She is cute…” he said offhandedly misunderstanding that Brody was talking about him and not Anna. ”Deadly too. Doesn't know her own strength." He he sound proud? Because he was a little. Even if he was slightly scared of the fact that she could beat him up if she wanted. "She’s a chaser for the Tutshill Tornados … oh - oh! She went to Hogwarts! Maybe you knew her?” Because surely Brody with his attractive posh British accent went there too? ”Anna Merriweather? She played on her house team.” Then again, Brody didn’t strike him as the Quidditch loving type himself. Don’t ask for things you don’t want Brody – because Kalen could babble all day. ”I can’t imagine seeing something like that. Creepy.” He said coming back around to the fountain. "Do things like that bother you? Blood? Disturbances?" Because to Kalen, Brody gave the impression that nothing really seemed to bother him.

He reached out and placed a hand on Brody’s bicep. He meant it to be comforting and had no idea the action might be misconstrued or unwanted. ”If you ever want to talk – Merlin knows you’ve listed to me enough.” They might not know each other well, but Brody was on of the few people that Kalen kept running into that didn’t seem to mind his babbling cluelessness. And he was capable of handling more then people thought too. He removed his hand from Brody’s arm. ”I don’t think superstitions work like that. Perhaps I should just go home and owl in my paperwork to Games and Sports.” Brody probably thought he was silly. ”You’re lucky you don’t get sick. Probably have a strong constitution. Or impeccable hygiene.” Giving Brody a look-over (and not being subtle about it) Kalen expected it was the latter. ”What kind of diet do you have? Do you get regular sleep?” Brody had activated Healer Kalen's interest. He snapped his fingers. "Tea! I bet you drink a lot of tea."
Old 07-26-2021, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Kalen completely missed Brody’s gaze lingering on his lips. Just like he completely missed the flirting and the compliments. He wasn't used to them, nor was he wired to notice them. His mind was usually elsewhere. and Right how he was too busy thinking about the crimson water. ”She is cute…” he said offhandedly misunderstanding that Brody was talking about him and not Anna. ”Deadly too. Doesn't know her own strength." He he sound proud? Because he was a little. Even if he was slightly scared of the fact that she could beat him up if she wanted. "She’s a chaser for the Tutshill Tornados … oh - oh! She went to Hogwarts! Maybe you knew her?” Because surely Brody with his attractive posh British accent went there too? ”Anna Merriweather? She played on her house team.” Then again, Brody didn’t strike him as the Quidditch loving type himself. Don’t ask for things you don’t want Brody – because Kalen could babble all day. ”I can’t imagine seeing something like that. Creepy.” He said coming back around to the fountain. "Do things like that bother you? Blood? Disturbances?" Because to Kalen, Brody gave the impression that nothing really seemed to bother him.

He reached out and placed a hand on Brody’s bicep. He meant it to be comforting and had no idea the action might be misconstrued or unwanted. ”If you ever want to talk – Merlin knows you’ve listed to me enough.” They might not know each other well, but Brody was on of the few people that Kalen kept running into that didn’t seem to mind his babbling cluelessness. And he was capable of handling more then people thought too. He removed his hand from Brody’s arm. ”I don’t think superstitions work like that. Perhaps I should just go home and owl in my paperwork to Games and Sports.” Brody probably thought he was silly. ”You’re lucky you don’t get sick. Probably have a strong constitution. Or impeccable hygiene.” Giving Brody a look-over (and not being subtle about it) Kalen expected it was the latter. ”What kind of diet do you have? Do you get regular sleep?” Brody had activated Healer Kalen's interest. He snapped his fingers. "Tea! I bet you drink a lot of tea."

Brody was amused but not in the least bit surprised that Kalen didn’t seem to notice his flirts. But was not amusing was the fact that he simply was not speaking about Kalen’s girlfriend. Who cared about her? Certainly not him. Hang on… Anna Meriwether? Yes, Brody knew Anna but not that well. “She was Gryffindor’s Quidditch captain. Yes, I remember her.” Was his tone suddenly unenthusiastic? Indeed it was. Kalen would be totally off; Brody was, in fact, someone who loved Quidditch. He just hadn’t opted to play professionally or even at Hogwarts.

“It was revolting but you get over it. Or at least I did.” Brody wasn’t boasting or anything but he secretly hoped that Kalen would be impressed. He thought that Kalen would be the type who would pass out or faint at the sight of bloo- ohh. Kalen was touching him. Immediately Brody started to smirk, not minding the hand on his arm at all. “Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.” When it came to his feelings, they weren’t something that he usually talked about. The gesture from Kalen was very nice all the same. Brody felt rather disappointed when Kalen removed his hand but you wouldn’t know it for he maintained his cool exterior.

He stood there for now, listening to the jumble of sentences and questions. Brody wondered if anyone ever found it all annoying. No, not him. He was used to Kalen’s babbles which was surprising as the two hadn’t known each other for long now. The Coordinator’s gaze fixed on Kalen’s face as the other young man’s eyes raked him over. Brody was quite tempted to ask Kalen if he liked what he saw. Instead he shrugged. “Healthy diet, I suppose. My aunt takes really good care of me. Negative on the tea. I prefer coffee.”

At the mention of Level seven, Brody perked up. He doubted that Kalen knew that he was related to the Quidditch Division Manager. “You’re already here, why not complete what you came for? If you like, I can walk there with you.”

Old 07-29-2021, 02:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Quote:

Brody was amused but not in the least bit surprised that Kalen didn’t seem to notice his flirts. But was not amusing was the fact that he simply was not speaking about Kalen’s girlfriend. Who cared about her? Certainly not him. Hang on… Anna Meriwether? Yes, Brody knew Anna but not that well. “She was Gryffindor’s Quidditch captain. Yes, I remember her.” Was his tone suddenly unenthusiastic? Indeed it was. Kalen would be totally off; Brody was, in fact, someone who loved Quidditch. He just hadn’t opted to play professionally or even at Hogwarts.

“It was revolting but you get over it. Or at least I did.” Brody wasn’t boasting or anything but he secretly hoped that Kalen would be impressed. He thought that Kalen would be the type who would pass out or faint at the sight of bloo- ohh. Kalen was touching him. Immediately Brody started to smirk, not minding the hand on his arm at all. “Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.” When it came to his feelings, they weren’t something that he usually talked about. The gesture from Kalen was very nice all the same. Brody felt rather disappointed when Kalen removed his hand but you wouldn’t know it for he maintained his cool exterior.

He stood there for now, listening to the jumble of sentences and questions. Brody wondered if anyone ever found it all annoying. No, not him. He was used to Kalen’s babbles which was surprising as the two hadn’t known each other for long now. The Coordinator’s gaze fixed on Kalen’s face as the other young man’s eyes raked him over. Brody was quite tempted to ask Kalen if he liked what he saw. Instead he shrugged. “Healthy diet, I suppose. My aunt takes really good care of me. Negative on the tea. I prefer coffee.”

At the mention of Level seven, Brody perked up. He doubted that Kalen knew that he was related to the Quidditch Division Manager. “You’re already here, why not complete what you came for? If you like, I can walk there with you.”

Quidditch captain? Yep that sounded like his Anna. But why did Brody suddenly sound like he didn't like her. Had he known her in school? Maybe they hadn't gotten along. It was odd to think of someone not getting along with Anna, but then Anna had told him about her sworn enemy. Only he had thought she was talking an enemy on the pitch. Perhaps it was best to change the subject.

Brody would have been wrong about Kalen passing out at the sight of blood. He was studying to be a healer after all. Blood came with the territory. As did other bodily fluids - none of which really bothered him. But he was too busy being impressed by the fact that Brody, apparently had not been phased. Not even a little bit. "Well, I wish things like that rolled off my back as easily as they seem to yours. I bet your patronus is a duck."

"Your aunt?" he asked raising an eyebrow at him. Not his mom or dad or a grandparent or a girlfriend or boyfriend. He wasn't judging. After all, the only family he had in the country was his half-crazy grandfather. "Well, whatever she's doing, she did a good job. And tea has more health benefits. And more options. I can't believe you don't drink tea. I thought all Brits drank tea." His own mother was obsessed with it.

He was still hesitant about going anywhere in the Ministry without tossing a coin in the fountain, but he felt compelled now finish his business. Especially now that Brody had offered to walk with him. "You're not busy?" He turned starting towards the lifts.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Quidditch captain? Yep that sounded like his Anna. But why did Brody suddenly sound like he didn't like her. Had he known her in school? Maybe they hadn't gotten along. It was odd to think of someone not getting along with Anna, but then Anna had told him about her sworn enemy. Only he had thought she was talking an enemy on the pitch. Perhaps it was best to change the subject.

Brody would have been wrong about Kalen passing out at the sight of blood. He was studying to be a healer after all. Blood came with the territory. As did other bodily fluids - none of which really bothered him. But he was too busy being impressed by the fact that Brody, apparently had not been phased. Not even a little bit. "Well, I wish things like that rolled off my back as easily as they seem to yours. I bet your patronus is a duck."

"Your aunt?" he asked raising an eyebrow at him. Not his mom or dad or a grandparent or a girlfriend or boyfriend. He wasn't judging. After all, the only family he had in the country was his half-crazy grandfather. "Well, whatever she's doing, she did a good job. And tea has more health benefits. And more options. I can't believe you don't drink tea. I thought all Brits drank tea." His own mother was obsessed with it.

He was still hesitant about going anywhere in the Ministry without tossing a coin in the fountain, but he felt compelled now finish his business. Especially now that Brody had offered to walk with him. "You're not busy?" He turned starting towards the lifts.

Brody had been indifferent to Anna, actually. He'd just watched her perform on the pitch, as he did with all other players. She was one of them that he had no interest in outside of Quidditch. And he had even less interest now that she was Kalen's girlfriend. But why was Brody so annoyed about this? Didn't he still have a thing for Gabriel? Maybe. He did know that he was using Kalen as a distraction but the guy was making it so difficult with those good looks and charm. Thankfully Kalen had the sense to move away from the topic.

Brody laughed. A duck? He thought vaguely about his numerous failed attempts to cast a corporeal Patronus. "I'll be sure to let you know the moment I'm able to cast a proper Patronus. By the way, were you always this funny?" he questioned quietly and lifting an eyebrow at the same time. This funny Kalen... Brody liked.

"Aunt," the Coordinator confirmed. At this moment, he didn't feel like getting into the logistics of his family. Especially if it might mean that Kalen would wind up feeling sorry for him because his parents were long dead. Instead, he listened to Kalen's advice, a small smirk playing his lips. "I guess I'm not your typical Brit then." His smirk turned into a playful, bold smile. "Why don't you ensure that I follow a bit of that advice of yours, Kalen? Tea date sometime soon?" Brody was quite sure that Kalen was going to be taken aback and flustered at the invitation.

"There's nothing that important at the moment, don't worry." Brody was secretly quite pleased that Kalen didn't mind the company. He too headed for the lifts, his eyes never leaving the back of Kalen's head. Kalen had such great hair, did he know?

Old 09-10-2021, 03:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default sweet caroline, bum bum bum
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

He still had ten minutes before he was expected to be on the clock, but instead of waiting on level 6, Tomasz chose to remain in the atrium. He was less inclined to stick around his department these days, finding that he felt more comfortable when he was elsewhere. It was not so much that he did not like Mr. Upstead or the rest of his colleagues, but it was for other reasons he felt too ashamed to admit.

Tomasz thought about such things as he absently looked into the fountain. Briefly, he contemplated buying a coffee for himself. It was almost a waste to buy the coffee here, when he kept a decent brew in the breakroom. And though Tomasz wasn't one to be particular about his coffee--or anything really, for that matter--the coffee cart was convenient. Maybe this is why it had such good business.

Finally, he slid his hand into his pocket, giving in and reaching for his wallet.

Had he left it at home?

You are Lemon!
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default william william henry stephen
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Perhaps you would think, given all that had happened in the Ministry - was still happening, in fact, if Charles' memos and meetings were anything to go by (and they usually were) - and his own personal brand of security concerns, that Kaiser would have been reluctant to leave Elio in the Ministry daycare. On the contrary, though her was no helicopter parent - left his son to his own devices a little more than was common - he nevertheless liked to keep him close. As long as he could check in and get eyes on him a few times a day, it was fine.

Kaiser had just dropped Elio off at the Ministry daycare, and stepped back into the Atrium proper, checking his watch to see what time he had left to him: enough for a coffee (always). Now looking up, he noticed Tomasz at the fountain, froze unnecessarily for a moment, before giving himself a short mental rebuke and heading over. "Cześć," he greeted his friend, clearly unaware of any wallet-related issues. "Coffee?"

You are Chocolate!
Felixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default you are a very cruel person
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Tomasz was not usually so careless to leave his belongings behind. Perhaps it had to do with lack of sleep, something he was working to fix without much avail. Though he did not much believe in the use of potions when he was capable of fixing something on his own, maybe this was a sign to give in. Seeing as his mother was a healer, they had potions in abundance. He would consider it, depending on when his caffeine headache kicked in.

Despite resigning to the fact that he would not be purchasing a coffee today, Tomasz nodded in reply to Kaiser's question, greeting him with a hello in return. "Yes- Yy," he paused, his thoughts needing time to catch up. "No," he quickly corrected himself, laughing silently. "I did not bring my- Yy, I should stop drinking so much coffee." Which was not a lie. He went from not being a coffee drinker at all, to two or three cups a day. He had started to build a dependence. "You are buying some for yourself or for the Minister?"

You are Lemon!
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Open

"Rahika, common mon cheri," he gave his daughter's hand a little tug. They had had a bad morning. Radhika had not wanted to get dressed. Then she had insisted on feeding herself and got food all over the clothes that had taken Conley roughly an hour to get her into. So a second round of fighting over clothing began and now? Now Radhika had insisted on walking. Conley knew that if he even attempted to pick her up, she would scream bloody murder and he did not need Security wondering what was going on here since he was already late for a meeting.

"Papa look!" she had stopped, little feet planted firmly on the tiles while her small hand pointed out towards the fountains. "Jal!" She looked up at Conley with a big proud smile on her face. Then she let go of his hand and started toddling towards the fountain.

Conley had no idea what Radhika had said, but recognized it as Hindi if only because he'd been listening to Sachin teaching Radhika various things in her (and Sachin's) native tongue. "Yes..." he said hesitantly because he wasn't sure what he was agreeing to. And then Radhika had slipped from his grasp and toddled off. "Radi-" he sighed and followed after. He did not have time for this. Dear Harry Potter... why did he have to have such a headstrong daughter?

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 11-08-2021 at 01:31 AM.
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

Damian had a smile that once graced the cover of wizarding magazines, and the walls of young witches. It shined through with his face and robes splattered with grime and nastiness. "Conley!" He shouted halfway across the atrium, a handful of parchment held aloft. This was becoming a habit.

"America this time." In his other hand was a length of chain that was binding a book shut. The book, a leathery tome with a emaciated face on the cover, was an evil looking thing, making it obvious why he kept it tightly closed. "Muggles made some real trouble for themselves with this thing. Going to lock it up in the chamber until we figure out what to do with it." At the mention of locking it up, the book fought against the chains, and cursed in a dead language, possibly ancient Sumerian.

"Quiet you." Whipping the chain above his head, Damian cast the bound book into the fountain. Now with a free hand, he produced a handkerchief, and wiped off his face and hands. "Is this the little dog riding princess?" Plopping down on the floor to see the child at eye level, it felt good to be off his feet for a moment.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Conley had followed after his daughter who at 3 years old had an easier time slipping around and under people. He stopped and paused and followed all the while thinking he really needed to get Radhika checked into the Daycare. He had only recently been willing to bring her back to the Ministry as he was still a little worried about the complications of the Neo Alliance and blood status. His daughter after all, was adopted and while they were pretty sure she had magical abilities, there was still the chance she wouldn’t. ”Radhika…” He was trying to remain calm and level headed. ”Come mon amour we need to go dayca-”
Text Cut: Damian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
Damian had a smile that once graced the cover of wizarding magazines, and the walls of young witches. It shined through with his face and robes splattered with grime and nastiness. "Conley!" He shouted halfway across the atrium, a handful of parchment held aloft. This was becoming a habit.

"America this time." In his other hand was a length of chain that was binding a book shut. The book, a leathery tome with a emaciated face on the cover, was an evil looking thing, making it obvious why he kept it ,tightly closed. "Muggles made some real trouble for themselves with this thing. Going to lock it up in the chamber until we figure out what to do with it." At the mention of locking it up, the book fought against the chains, and cursed in a dead language, possibly ancient Sumerian.

"Quiet you." Whipping the chain above his head, Damian cast the bound book into the fountain. Now with a free hand, he produced a handkerchief, and wiped off his face and hands. "Is this the little dog riding princess?" Plopping down on the floor to see the child at eye level, it felt good to be off his feet for a moment.

This was a fun game! Papa was chasing her and she was heading straight for the water. Maybe they could have bathtime and splash each oth-

Radhika stopped in her tracks. Someone was yelling and it echoed around the room. She covered her ears, eyes wide and looked around for papa. Or daddy, even though she knew daddy wasn’t here. She didn't like loud noises. Loud noises usually came with flashes of light and made her bed shake and upset Duck and then Duck didn't want to sleep with her. Her bottom lip started trembling and then someone plopped down in front of her. He had a dirty face. Daddy would make him wash it, she thought as she tugged on a pigtail and looked at him, eyes big. Wait - did he have a balloon? That was a funny looking balloon -

He paused only a little at the sound of his name echoing around the atrium. Dear Merlin, he didn’t have time for anything else but getting Radhika checked in. ”Ah, Mr. Pendragon,” Conley forced a smile onto his face as he caught up to his daughter. ”Yes, this is Radhika. We’ve had quite a morning and this one is late for Daycare.” He leaned over and put his hand on Radhika’s head. ”That’s a - thing you have there. I trust you have the proper documentation for such a thing to be stored here?”

Ugh papa no. Making a frustrated noise she pushed papa’s hand off her head and tried to go around the man sitting in her path. He had gotten rid of the balloon and she wanted it. ”Loon!” she said looking up to papa and then pointing at the man on the floor because the balloon thing was now behind him in the fountain.

Conley’s face went a little pale. ”Radi… manners.” How had she even learned that word? He and Sachin were going to have a conversation later. ”I’m so sorry…” he started to apologize to Damian.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

"For someone that spent his twenties telling young people not to obey authority, I've made quite a bureaucrat of myself." Damian said with a grin, motioning to the parchment that he handed off to Conley. "Got everything you need for the international acquisition, transportation, and storage of an omega level tome or grimoire. Even made duplicates for my personal files."

With that out of the way, his attention was back on the adorable child infront of him. "No need to apologize to me. Kids love balloons, just a natural law of the universe." Reaching into his jacket pocket, he muttered a word under his breath, and produced a long, green balloon. "When I was a little boy, I told my mum I was going to live at the circus. So she dropped me off there." Damian began before blowing up the balloon. "Was like a dream come true. The strong man threw me up in the air so high, I thought I'd never come down. I got to rub the lions belly. And the clowns showed me how to make balloon animals." There was a wistful look in his blue eyes while recounting his childhood as he twisted the balloon. "But when I got tired, I cried that I wanted to go home. And there she was; my mum finishing her tea with the circus owners. No clue she was there the whole time."

With the story finished, so was the balloon animal: A doggy."You two have yourselves a good day, yeah?"

Last edited by Helios Sunrider; 11-15-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Helios Sunrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 01:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Still mortified at his daughter calling the unspeakable a loon, Conley took the paperwork Damian handed him. Then, eyeing his daughter to make sure she didn't run off again, he gave the paperwork a quick look over before tucking it into his inner robe pocket. He'd look it over later to make sure it was all up to date before sending a copy to Airey. "Excellent. Nothing I hate more then having to chase people down to correct paperwork."

What? She hadn't burped. Why was papa telling her to mind her manners? She just wanted a balloon. Which the other man seemed to understand because Radhika let out a loud happy giggle as she clapped her hands and watched him play with a balloon. She had no idea what he was talking about, but she didn't care as her big brown eyes watched the balloon take the shape of a - "Doo---ggie! EEeeeee!!!" She grabbed for the balloon and squeezed it.

Wait - BA-lloon? Well, that made wayyyy more sense then loon. His daughter was smart, but he didn't think she was old enough to understand insults. Right? That took a load off his shoulders. He eyed Damian, wondering if he really had spent the day at circus like he was telling them. Either way, he had clearly enthralled his daughter who was very happy to have a balloon now. "Well, you will certainly need to stop by sometime for a cup of tea and tell me more about this circus. Radi, careful or you'll pop it -"

"Tanks!" Radhika smiled at the man and then turned and toddled off into the crowd.

"Rad-" sigh. At least she remembered to say thank you."You too Mr. Pendragon. I need to get her to daycare-" He gave the unspeakable a forced smile and started after Radhika.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

Damian was honestly a bit of a self professed loon, so his feelings would not have been really hurt if that had been what little Radhika meant. "My life seems to be one circus after the other. I'll brew up a pot of nostalgia tea, and we can reminisce." He said with a clap, raising back up to his feet.

"Enjoy your day, you two. I have to send my little one off as well." After striding over to the fountain, Damian grabbed the chain, pulling the soaked book out of the water. "Have a nice swim?" The book replied by spitting water on his shoes. Slinging the faced book over his shoulder, the unspeakable passed by Conley and his daughter one more time before heading to his department. "You're a good man, Conley. Call on me if you, or your family, ever need anything." And with that, he was off.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:16 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Open!!

He'd stopped to get a drink of water. One drink of water turned into two drinks of water which turned into three... He hadn't drunk that much at one time since the Encephalons fiasco had caused him to drink an entire pot of coffee. But the need for water was growing stronger and the closer he got to the Atrium, the more he wanted to dunk his head under water. It was almost like he was a fish out of water and couldn't breath.

"Excuse me!" called pushing past someone. He was starting to unbutton his shirt and just as he reached the fountain's edge, he pulled it off over his head and dropped it. He still had on his undershirt, but now his arms with the white scar marks from the Encephalons were visible. That in and of itself was unusual. Adam never wore short sleeves in public because he was afraid of what people would think. But to add to the oddity, Adam was toeing off his shoes and climbing over the rim of the fountain.

The moment his bare toes hit the water he sucked in a deep breath and felt a little relief. Giddiness bubbled up inside of him and erupted in a loud gurgling giggle as he started splashing around the fountain, looking very much like a certain muggle actor who liked to 'sing and dance in the rain.'
Old 05-04-2022, 09:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
"Excuse me!" called pushing past someone. He was starting to unbutton his shirt and just as he reached the fountain's edge, he pulled it off over his head and dropped it. He still had on his undershirt, but now his arms with the white scar marks from the Encephalons were visible. That in and of itself was unusual. Adam never wore short sleeves in public because he was afraid of what people would think. But to add to the oddity, Adam was toeing off his shoes and climbing over the rim of the fountain.

The moment his bare toes hit the water he sucked in a deep breath and felt a little relief. Giddiness bubbled up inside of him and erupted in a loud gurgling giggle as he started splashing around the fountain, looking very much like a certain muggle actor who liked to 'sing and dance in the rain.'
Jane Howard was on her way to catch one of the lifts down to Level 9, a stack of ancient volumes in her arms, when someone pushed into her, hard, nearly causing her to drop her heavy load. Struggling to keep the delicate books from falling to the floor, she didn't notice at first who it had been or what they were now doing. When she finally caught her balance and righted her stack of books, she looked up and was shocked at what she saw--her colleague, Adam Gerulf, half undressed and playing in the fountain like a child. What in Merlin's name...?!?

"Adam!" she called out, carefully setting down her books near a wall and hurrying over toward the fountain. "What...what on earth are you doing in there?! Are you all right?"
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

He stopped starting up at the wizard who was spraying water out of his wand. Ooooo that looked like fun. There couldn't, after all, be too much water. In fact, Adam had been considering sticking his head into the pool that reached up to his mid-shin. But he didn't need to do that now did he? Nope. He just needed to - find - his....

There was was! He produced his raspberry wood wand from a pocket pointing it up in the air like the wizard statue and - "Aguamenti!" Water sprouted from the tip of his wand just as Jane called his name. He turned, the jet of water spraying out in front of him in an arch that splashed pretty close to the edge of the fountain. "Jane!" he called, a big smile on his face. He didn't see her so much as recognized the voice. "Come! vater is gut!" And as he said that, the flow of water from his wand turned from a small spray to a forceful jet.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
...There was was! He produced his raspberry wood wand from a pocket pointing it up in the air like the wizard statue and - "Aguamenti!" Water sprouted from the tip of his wand just as Jane called his name. He turned, the jet of water spraying out in front of him in an arch that splashed pretty close to the edge of the fountain. "Jane!" he called, a big smile on his face. He didn't see her so much as recognized the voice. "Come! vater is gut!" And as he said that, the flow of water from his wand turned from a small spray to a forceful jet.
Jane took a step or two back as Adam turned toward her, a jet of water spraying out of his wand and getting rather too close to the edge of the fountain for her liking. In fact--as a precautionary measure, she turned and cast a protective shield charm around her pile of books lying some distance away near a wall, just in case. But as her attention was directed elsewhere for those few minutes, the water coming from Adam's wand increased in volume until it was shooting out like a fire hydrant, and it hit Jane in the back, soaking her robes in the back. And as she turned around to deal with this new predicament, she was a fraction of a second too late in casting a shield charm around herself and before she could raise it properly, her hair and the front of her got wet as well. "Adam!" she spluttered, finally getting some sort of barrier between herself and the fountain, "That's too much water! It's coming out too fast, you'll flood the Atrium if you're not careful!"
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote