sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1115 users online including...
Svetligg , Stevendalo , Antonioqvj , maximllon

5 members
1110 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2018, 04:02 AM

Default Office of Senior Undersecretary January Bones

As you walk into the Senior Undersecretary's office, you'll find a very neat and tidy workplace. Most of the decor is white and gray with a few pops of Spring colors here and there. The bookshelves are filled with books of all genres with a few occasional sculptures, vases and other figurines. The room smells of fresh linens and flowers and rests at comfortable 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

The desk of the Senior Undersecretary is very clean and organized. Files are in their right place, pens and other accessories are put away unless they are in use. On the corner of her desk is a family photo of January, her husband, Ludovicus Bones and their daughter of almost eight, Louise.

There are small gray couches with puffy throw pillows along the windows to sit on in less formal settings. In front of her desk, there are two padded wooden chairs for guests to sit at. A tea set sits to the side of her desk. Behind the desk and to the side lies a large and very organized file cabinet.

If the door is closed, just knock and wait for an answer. Otherwise, let yourself in to meet with January!
Old 11-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries
#heartsforhealthcare | Disney princess

Alba hating to leave the mess of the lift behind her, but completely unsure of wear to go even get to maintenance had suggested that they visit their department head first since that office was here on this floor and Alba could actually find it. Hoping that Delyth was hot on her heels.... Alba took a deep breath and knocked on the door of her Department Head ... what a way to start your first day at work ... "hey I broke the lift and lost a lot of letters." Alba rolled her eyes at herself ... she had to come up with a more tactful way to announce that. She didn't want to fired on her first day and after all the letter blockage wasn't her fault ... just the lift was.

You are Honey!
Old 11-27-2019, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Alba hating to leave the mess of the lift behind her, but completely unsure of wear to go even get to maintenance had suggested that they visit their department head first since that office was here on this floor and Alba could actually find it. Hoping that Delyth was hot on her heels.... Alba took a deep breath and knocked on the door of her Department Head ... what a way to start your first day at work ... "hey I broke the lift and lost a lot of letters." Alba rolled her eyes at herself ... she had to come up with a more tactful way to announce that. She didn't want to fired on her first day and after all the letter blockage wasn't her fault ... just the lift was.
Delyth was in fact, hot on her heels, even if she was absolutely petrified about what they were about to do. She’d never ever met her department head and now the first thing she was going to say was “Surprise, I helped break the lift and now I have a bag full of letters from god knows where”. Obviously, she didn’t say that though, she just followed Alba quietly, ready to help her explain what had happened because it truly had been neither of their faults. They had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“Don’t worry, everything will be okay…I hope” she mumbled to Alba as she knocked the door, he heart thrumming like a bird as it hovers above water.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork. That was what her day was consisting of - that and the constant worry in the back of her mind about the recovering of Hogwarts. She didn't have much control over that, but it still worried her, especially with her own daughter being a Hogwarts student.

Regardless, January was almost relieved to hear a knock on her door to give her a break from the paperwork. With a simple wave of her hand, January opened her office door. "Come on in," she said pleasantly from her desk as she looked up to see who it was.

Ah, two of her newer hires. They looked... worried. Oh dear.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 11-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries

SPOILER!!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Delyth was in fact, hot on her heels, even if she was absolutely petrified about what they were about to do. She’d never ever met her department head and now the first thing she was going to say was “Surprise, I helped break the lift and now I have a bag full of letters from god knows where”. Obviously, she didn’t say that though, she just followed Alba quietly, ready to help her explain what had happened because it truly had been neither of their faults. They had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“Don’t worry, everything will be okay…I hope” she mumbled to Alba as she knocked the door, he heart thrumming like a bird as it hovers above water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Paperwork. Lots and lots of paperwork. That was what her day was consisting of - that and the constant worry in the back of her mind about the recovering of Hogwarts. She didn't have much control over that, but it still worried her, especially with her own daughter being a Hogwarts student.

Regardless, January was almost relieved to hear a knock on her door to give her a break from the paperwork. With a simple wave of her hand, January opened her office door. "Come on in," she said pleasantly from her desk as she looked up to see who it was.

Smiling at Delyth, Alba was grateful she was here, they could explain this whole mess together. Taking one final deep breath and upon hearing the 'come in' call Alba entered their Department Head's office. She tried her best not to look frighten .. or worried .. but well lets face it, this was indeed a rather scary time.

"Ahhh.....thanks" Alba said... ugh ... she wanted to face palm herself, she sounded like a blubbering fool right then. "Well Miss, there's been an accident of sorts with the lift and the interdepartmental memos." Whew okay well that was a start, at least it was out there, no going back now. "I'm not exactly sure how to explain what happened, but one minuet there were no letters flying about and the next it was as if the lift exploded and out pored hundreds." Alba placed a massive pile of letters on the Department Head's desk. "Delyth has several more in her bag." She added motioning Delyth the bring them out.

You are Honey!
Old 12-01-2019, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
SPOILER!!:

Smiling at Delyth, Alba was grateful she was here, they could explain this whole mess together. Taking one final deep breath and upon hearing the 'come in' call Alba entered their Department Head's office. She tried her best not to look frighten .. or worried .. but well lets face it, this was indeed a rather scary time.

"Ahhh.....thanks" Alba said... ugh ... she wanted to face palm herself, she sounded like a blubbering fool right then. "Well Miss, there's been an accident of sorts with the lift and the interdepartmental memos." Whew okay well that was a start, at least it was out there, no going back now. "I'm not exactly sure how to explain what happened, but one minuet there were no letters flying about and the next it was as if the lift exploded and out pored hundreds." Alba placed a massive pile of letters on the Department Head's desk. "Delyth has several more in her bag." She added motioning Delyth the bring them out.
Whew, well she hadn’t been fired yet so there was that. Walking in behind Alba, Delyth cast a swift glace around the room, taking in her environment, which she had to admit, looked rather cosy, before finally resting her eyes on Minister Bones.

Carefully, she listened as Alba explained the situation, pulling out the letters from her bag when they were brought to the attention of the room, placing them on top of the pile that was already on show. “I’m not really sure what happened Miss Bones. It was almost as if someone had blocked all of these letters somewhere and then just let them all free”.

“I tried to fix the lift too. I think it might need to be checked by someone from maintenance but I think I did a good enough job on it” pausing for a second before adding on at the end “Unless the lift was somehow part of the problem, in which case I didn’t exactly check for that. I just fixed the artificial damage…” her voice trailing off now. God, she hopped she hadn’t embarrassed herself but, once she started explaining, it all just came out. Delyth couldn’t help but just rock up and down on the her heels, her anxiety levels building.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

There was an accident with the lifts and the memos... The lifts... were exploding with memos? The lift was.. broken? As January pieced all these bits of information together, she looked between the two employees a few times as they spoke, then looked down at the stack of memos the one of them set on her desk and then looked back up at the two of them.

"Well," January said after a bit of a pause, thinking about their first point of action. "Would you two be dolls and help gather them all together? I'll contact the Maintenance crew and have them take a look at the lift. Meanwhile let's see if we can't help these memos get along on their way." Delayed memos surely would stall things in all departments, wouldn't they?

Old 12-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries

Whew well that's something at least .... they hadn't been fired. Alba could feel her heart rate starting to slow ... and she seemed to be sweating a little less. She was going to go home on lunch and shower. What a way to start your first day.

"We were going to go to maintenance to, but honestly we didn't know where it was." Alba wanted to make January sure that they had thought about that. "Not sure if their fly anymore...." Alba mentioned had some of the rather sad and squashed looking memos sitting in front of them. "But I can sort by hand and delivery if necessary."

You are Honey!
Old 12-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Sorry for the late reply

Delyth couldn’t help but just visibly deflate, the relief that she hadn’t been fired on her first say just too much to hide. Taking a deep breath, she finally gave her boss her best smile and nodded, showing that she was ready to get stuck in and help in anyway she could. “Why don’t we split up and see if we can get this done today? Maybe one of us could head to magical maintenance and the other can hand out the memos?” turning to Alba now, her expression one of determination now that she still had her job. It might not have been the best first impression but she was determined to improve it however she could.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

It looked like some things would have to be done manually, like hand delivering some of memos that got squished, but January had the means of contacting Maintenance to work on the lift. "Maintenance is always on the move, but I can reach out to the supervisor, don't worry." They didn't need a memo to do that.

"Why don't you ladies work on sorting the memos for now?" Maybe she could recruit Fletcher to help, too. January was sure he would just love that.

Raising her wand, January quietly conjured a small patronus, spoke into it to inform the receiver of the issue with the lift, and then sent it on its way to the maintenance men.

Old 12-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Slytherin

MO & DoM
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxine R. Bixby
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alba Johnston
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Dottie Crest
Mysteries

Alba had to admit that protrnous thing was pretty cool. She never really could get the hang of that spell, and even if she did manage to make her otter appear it was never strong enough to send a message through.

Smiling over at Delyth, "Well should we take this to a conference room or break room and get cracking?" Could take them all day to hand sort which letter was going where and the delivery them to the departments. What a first day! At least delivering memos to other departments would give Alba a chance to see the whole ministry and learn where some things are.

You are Honey!
Old 12-15-2019, 12:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Delyth was all but beaming now as she looked the patronus, her eyes drawn to the small creature as it scampered away to where it needed to be. She herself could cast a patronus but it was always interesting to see the shapes that others made, especially as they were hard to cast for most witches and wizards.

Focusing on the task at hand, he wrestled her eyes back to the two ladies around her now. “The conference room it is”. Despite the rather large stack of letters that needed sorting, she was nothing if not excited, ready to make a name for herself. Day 1: Save the memos. Sure, it wasn’t the most glamorous of tasks but it had to be done and with Alba’s help, they could accomplish it.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Her patronus had come quite easy to her, and came even easier over time, so much that she didn't think too much of it. It made a very good note passing system when it was needed. For instance, now, when the memos were having a hard time getting to their rightful places.

"Perhaps the break room, actually ladies. I believe there is a meeting scheduled for the conference room soon and this might take a while." January stood and sorted some things on her desk. "I'll join you shortly, I just need to finish a few things up here - is that alright?" She didn't want to say she had more important or pressing things to do than sorting memos, but she did suppose in some way that it was her problem, so... she would help them, but she did have something to finish up first.