sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1216 users online including...
Antoniopjh , Antoniomyv

3 members
1213 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2021, 12:05 AM

Default Winged Boars

The main entrance of the school consists of a towering wrought-iron gate, flanked by twin winged boars. These giant stone statues stand up high on either side of the gate, keeping watch over the path leading up to and away from the school. This entrance traditionally keeps the students inside while ensuring anything (and anyone) unwanted is kept out.

The winged boars' gate is kept closed and magically locked during the school year, for the safety and security of the students inside. Other than in exceptional circumstances, the only times you are likely to find the gates open are at the start and end of the school term, when the carriages bring students to and from the nearby train station, and during Hogsmeade weekends, when the way is opened up for students to walk down to the village.

Staff members are the only individuals who can undo the complex enchantments that surround this barrier - measures which have been strengthened further still since the battle at Hogwarts in 2104 - so don't even think about trying break through or sneak your way past. The winged boars will know.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

The noble winged boars, pillars of the Hogwarts community, the first point of welcome when you leave Hogsmeade station and make your way up to the castle after holidays as well as the final goodbye before each new break.

Have there always been vines on them? Were they always so tightly coiled?

Perhaps, perhaps not.

The vines aren't partial to the boars alone, spreading along the gate itself and along the wall. They must have come from somewhere but they stretch far in both directions making it a little difficult to say.

The flowers that bloom along the vine sure are pretty though.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

As usual, Claudine had been out and about looking for the perfect scenery to make a sketch of. As it was her final year at Hogwarts, it made sense that she wanted to capture as many memories as possible. This was exactly how and why she ended up at the Winged Boars. The only thing was there was something different about this spot now. Claudine stood there, staring up at the Boars as she tried to figure out what.

It seemed to be on the edge of her thoughts but still, it took a whole minute for her to realise. "Vines," she murmured. "There weren't always vines here." Nor flowers. Huh? This was strange. She doubted that Kazmi was one to let this part of the Grounds, or any other part for that matter, go like this.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-22-2021, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

The library was boring today. Even if he spend most of his time with his nose in a book sometimes Daniel had to leave the castle to get some fresh air. Today was that kind of day.

As he walked over the grounds, his hands deep inside of his robe pockets and taking out a peppermint every now and then to chew on, Daniel arrived at the entrance gate before he had even realized he had.

Seeing that he wasn't the only one present, the Hufflepuff walked over to stand next to his tutor and gave her a 'Sup nod before looking at the gates as well.

"Woah cool!" he exclaimed, finally noticing the vines. "Did you do that? Can you teach me?" pretty please?
Old 09-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Emmerson wasn't the sort to go to the gate, not really anyway. She was more the sort of go to the music room, hope no one was there and get in some dancing. It wasn't a new routine this time, just one she was trying to polish and perfect before the winter show.

The problem? The music room was always crowded with wannabe musicians--half of which would likely never see the inside of a recording studio. At least she had a future in the business!! She had a real shot! She was SO good and needed to be better and they just wouldn't let her be great.

That being the case, she figured she would just take a walk, clear her head, see the vines--...vines?

"Did you really?" The Gryffindor asked, looking to Claudine. She'd caught the tail end of Daniel's questioning and wasn't sure whether she was awed or just here to see how this ended when a professor stumbled on the older girl's work.

"How come? Are we blaming the board?" Because they were starting to grate her nerves about as hard as they could.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Now that she’d slightly managed to get over the vines, Claudine was able to see that the newest addition actually enhanced the entire beauty of the place. Her sketchpad was now flipped open to a fresh page and she was quite ready to get things moving. It was the appearance that was Daniel that momentarily distracted her. “Hi, Daniel.” Always so chill when it came to her, wasn’t he? Huh? “What? The vines?” Rhetorical question. And there it was: the confirmation that she needed. Indeed those vines hadn’t been there before.

“No, Emmerson. I didn't.” The Slytherin sounded resigned as though accepting her fate of having to explain herself. “I happened upon them a few moments ago.” She eyed the vines and flowers thoughtfully. “I think it looks very pretty so I wouldn’t go blaming the Board right now.” Even though she lacked trust in them. Claudine, on instinct, started to move her dominant hand up to pluck a flower. Perhaps it could be studied up close so that a huge sketch, one that took up an entire page, could be made.

Old 09-24-2021, 02:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

With detective journal in hand, Simon had been exploring a few unsolved mysteries from his time as a student around the Hogwarts grounds. Sure, there was the tale of the infamous Cold Ones that he had never cracked the code on so he was out here by the Winged Boars looking for any remnants of runes or a winter’s curse.

Instead, he found a small crowd of his students. Daniel Yoon, Emerson Cambridge, and Claudine Blaze we’re all present. “Whats with all the crowding? Did someone graffiti the Boars? Or is there a rune there??” he asked as he approached the students with eyebrows raised.

What was so interesting over here, hmmm?

All he saw was flowers.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

It was a nice, if a bit chilly, autumn day, and thus an excellent one for a walk about the grounds. They had been one of her favorite areas back when she was a student. Even though some areas had changed, others weren't far off from what she remembered, and she enjoyed the little bit of nostalgia it brought on.

What caught Rosalie's attention today, though, was a small group of students, consisting of Claudine Blaze, Daniel Yoon, and Emmerson Cambridge, standing near the gates with Simon heading their way as well. There didn't seem to be a problem, but perhaps best to check in anyway. Students congregating around the gates on non-Hogsmeade and non-train-related days was probably something to look into.

"Everything alright here?" She'd caught Simon mentioning graffiti and runes, but she did not immediately see either of those things.

She did notice the vines though. Those were new. And quite pretty too.

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 09-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

Sure were some nice flowers on those vines, weren't they? Blues and purples bunched together, fresh and inviting. Pick some, they smell amazing.

They look amazing.

Everything about them is amazing.

Soon, you're entirely mesmerized. They might be the most interesting and wonderful and wholesome thing you've ever seen. How...pretty.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Daniel recovered quickly from the disappointed feeling that he felt when Claudine told that she had nothing to do with the vines. "I see" he said before turning his head to look at Emmerson. "Maybe they planted these?" they as in 'the Board members'

Wasn't it amazing how the moment a small group was crowded together a professor was most likely to pop up out of nowhere to see if everything was alright? It was as if they had a sixth sense for this type of stuff. "No vandalism, Professor Holme-- Holden!" oh Merlin, he hadn't noticed that mistake, right? He also gave a nod at Professor Applewood before turning to look at the vines again.

The flowers to be exact. They were very pretty in his opinion. He wanted to ask what type of flowers they were but instead of opening his mouth to ask the question, the second year stepped closer to the flowers to observe them. He took hold of a bunch of them and pulled them closer for better inspection.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

So not something Claudine had done, not something the board was likely responsible for either. Seemed like another "thing" that came with attending Hogwarts and with this being the fourth year she would be enduring any upcoming nonsense, all the Gryffindor could really do was brace herself and remember that people typically lived.

Far as terrible things went, pretty flowers didn't really ring too many alarm bells for her. Especially not when they were this gorgeous. She could stare at them for nearly half the day and probably never get board.

"We've found the PRETTIEST flowers, professors. Can we take them back to our common rooms? I can already see how brilliantly these would look on me and Kizzy's nightstand." Didn't necessarily match the theme of Gryffindor tower but when had that ever stopped any of the lot of them.

"You think the board brought these when they brought the other one--I could just stare and stare and stare and they get even prettier." If that was at all possible.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
First Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Serena had received a set of new phials from her grandfather upon her request because she was low-key grounded. Her grandfather didn't know that, so Serena knew she could count on him.

Anyway, she was out, scouting for ingredients to experiment with. The last potion had turned out gooey and smelly, so now she sought out for ingredients to shift that.

She would have ignored the crowd forming by the winged boars when she noticed vines and flowers she hadn't noticed before.

Hmm. HMMMM. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

While everyone was chit-chatting Serena rounded them and approached the vines and flowers. Hmm. They were pretty. She'd take both. Brandishing her wand, she extracted an inch long piece of vine...
Old 09-25-2021, 06:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Claudine rolled her eyes. “Really Professor Holden? So little faith in your students?” Not that she was going to admit there were some bad eggs among the student population here at Hogwarts. “Everything’s fine. We were just taking a look at these mysterious vines here.” She gestured vaguely to the flowering shrub in reassurance to Applewood. “I doubted the Board would be up for getting themselves down and dirty,’’ the seventh year told Daniel. “They’re most likely the types to give orders.” And she didn’t recall any of the professors leading a group to plant anything here.

The Slythering didn’t know about Emmerson but she didn’t see the harm in plucking a flower or two and didn't bother asking permission; Serena was already working to grab something. Claudine’s fingers closed around a flower and she dislodged it from the vines. Naturally, it was sniffed. Deeply too because she thought that it smelled heavenly. “I agree with Emmerson. They’re too gorgeous.” Surely it wouldn’t hurt if she picked another? This second one she would preserve between the pages of a book. Shortly after, her gaze returned to the bunches of flowers up high where she admired them yet again.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

There really was something about these flowers on these vines. Quite stunning, they were. For a moment Rosalie was lost in thought, just quietly admiring the flowers, but the continued voices of the students' discussion of them anchored her again.

"Perhaps they did," she answered in regards to Miss Cambridge's mention of the board. There had been quite a number of plants that had been brought in, but she wasn't familiar enough with Herbology to immediately recall which one these vines might have come from. "I don't see any reason we couldn't all take a few flowers with us." She glanced at Simon to see if he had any objections, though also noting that Mister Yoon, Miss Baltazar-Dos Santos, and Miss Blaze were already taking hold of some. But the flowers appeared harmless, if a bit distracting, and they would certainly brighten up her office nicely.

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
Old 09-27-2021, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

He did note Yoon’s almost misnomer but thought not too much of it. He was tickled pink at such a compliment so much so that he made a mental note to brag about it to his Holmes later. Heh. “Rest assured. I know that none of you,” he paused, eyeing the group briefly before continuing. “Would do that.” Okay so he had some theories on who would be caught doing such a thing…. However, the students here today… he was not too concerned with.

He nodded at Rosalie who joined them before turning back to the crowd.

Simon raised his eyebrows at Miss Blaze’s comment about having such little faith in them. He offered a smile - an effort to show that he was jesting…. Somewhat jesting. “Constant vigilance, yes? I was a Hogwarts student once myself…” And he had managed not to get into trouble just skirt around and observe it? He was no Cutty Mordaunt but he had learned a thing or two from his former housemate. “I had heard tales of runes that caused blizzards in the castle and some hawks several years ago… probably would make a great lesson topic,” he mentioned, more to himself than anyone in particular.

He then turned his attention to Miss Cambridge as she asked to bring the flowers back to her dormitory. He was about to stop the flower picking because maybe it wouldn’t be kind to the plant to remove the flowers but then again… he was no flower expert and the students were practically itching to remove some flowers. He sighed, giving in. Merlin… thank goodness his children were small enough because as soon as they were bigger- he was going to have a tough time saying no. “I agree with Professor Applewood. I don’t seem harm in bringing them back to decorate your dorm room with. Hopefully none of your dormmates are allergic to flowers…

He eyed the flowers a little closer. They were rather spectacular. He’d have to ask June about this later. “Very kind of the Board to bring these flowers here. They’ve really bloomed quite nicely.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Okay, now that Claudine had gotten her flowers, she’d just go about sketching the boars and the vines. That was her plan and it would be very nice if everyone left her in peace now. Though she did eye Holden; he couldn’t be blamed for the way he thought. Hogwarts could be so, so very dangerous. Maybe she and the others should be careful with the flowers. Claudine slipped the two she held in her hands between pages of her sketchpad.

“Sounds like a good idea, professor,” the Snakette replied absently. “Looking forward to it.” If Holden planned to hold the lesson during this school year, that is, since Claudine would be graduating in a few months time. She began to work on outlines of a boar, falling silent and ignoring the other persons there.