sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1108 users online including...

1 members
1107 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021

Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-17-2021, 10:55 PM

Default Arithmancy Lesson One: Arrows of Pythagoras

When you enter the Arithmancy classroom that afternoon, you'll be pleased with the Halloween decor that Professor Robinson placed around the classroom. Although the decor has nothing to do with today's lesson (or does it? ), it's nice to see the spirit of halloween to hopefully make the subject enjoyable. If nothing else then because of the aesthetics.

Across the board, in familiar neat handwriting, you'll see a series of warm-up math equations on the board. Professor Robinson's customary way of getting you into the zone of working with numbers.

Quote:
Please take your seats and work on the following problems:
2+5x3 =
14x30=
(20+4)x2=
As you're accustomed to, Professor Robinson is looking for effort, not necessarily accuracy. The Professor, as usually is standing in front of the teacher's desk, feeling much calmer than previous lessons albeit occasional taps of his fingers on the edge of the desk, waiting to greet each of you.

ooc: HIIII!!!! So while this might be the first OOC lesson, just a reminder that this is NOT the first IC lesson. Also, Professor Robinson is terrible with names, but hopefully he'll get better, so your characters should be familiar with him and he's trying to learn all your students names!

Lesson Progression
Question 1
Question 2
Mini Activity: Calculating your life path numbers
Main Activity: Arrows of Pythagoras
Old 09-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Ollie thought this was simple enough. So let’s see. Her birthday was March 30th in the year 2093… so add these… the circle this. Okay drag this over here. She didn’t realize at the time but she had furrowed her eyebrows together really hard. She probably looked like she was having a hard time.

3+3+0+2+0+9+3=20
2+0=2

Done!
Old 09-21-2021, 08:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Now they were calculating their own life numbers? He certainly liked the idea of being a seven, but that was out too much recollection of what all the others meant. He went ahead and wrote down his birthday on his sheet of paper in front of him, completing the calculation.

January 13th, 2091. Broken down, it gave him a life number of... 5.

Like Ash, he was now wondering if the universe was playing a prank on him as well. Pulling his book closer, he was looking to confirm if the number did mean what he thought it did. And it did. Change was a key component. Embracing change seemed to be even more so. And yet, he spent almost all of his time rejecting the idea of changes and losing people in his life for it. Maybe the universe was telling him that was the type of change he was destined for? A revolving door of people? The other one that primarily caught his eyes was physical touch, and he actually let out a snort at that one. His family and his close friends were the only ones who got hugs or any type of physical affection. He just... didn't like touch, considered it rude and uncomfortable for the most part. So that was off too. And as for resourceful and progressive thinking? He stuck by the book, didn't like to color outside the lines very much. And resourceful to him... that seemed to go hand in hand with creativity, another thing he had not much of.

Zero might have been alright. Or seven, if he was feeling generous.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 09-22-2021, 01:27 AM   #28 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

So adding all the numbers in her birthday together?

She could do that.

She was born March 18th...in 2091. So... 3, and 18, and 2091. 18 added up to 9...and 2091 to 12...er...3. So 3, 3, and 9, that made 15...and then 6. Which was the same as Professor Robinson's. And he'd said...harmony? Community relations? Peacekeeping? That was confusing, so she flipped open her textbook to the explanation for Six.

But that didn't make sense either. Careers in the service industry? That was definitely wrong. She raised her hand. "Professor?? I think I did mine wrong, this doesn't make sense. It says I have the same number as you. But I'm no good at these things, nobody ever asks me for advice."
Old 09-22-2021, 04:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Huh?!

Dahlia had done well with keeping up.. at first.

That was until there was lots of talk about staircases and numbers and meanings of numbers. How did a bunch of staircases tell them all what the school represented? It was rather confusing and honestly the more she listened, the more confused she became. So sorry but when that second question rolled around, Lia kept her mouth shut and her quill in hand. Just because she might not have a fully grasp of it all didn't mean she wasn't going to take very detailed notes. Maybe she would get a better understanding of it all later on when she was able to review things on her own time.

Right now, she had to focus. The lesson was moving on. Hopefully this part she would be able to make some sort of sense out of.. there wasn't anyway she could mess up when calculating her own birthday, right?

Quote:
15 June 2092
1 + 5 + 6 + 2 + 0 + 9 + 2 = 25
2 + 5 = 7

SEVEN (7): Your path will lead you to study, test, and analyze everything because you can't be satisfied with anything at face value. You'll seek the meaning of existence and will always be exploring mysteries and the unexplainable to find meaning for your life. Once you've learned this lesson, you'll move on to the next phase - sharing your wisdom of the metaphysical with others. You're a born seeker - philosophical, scientific, etc. - and because of your solitary investigation of the unknown, others will seek you out for your wisdom. Career/vocation options include any job that calls for analysis, deductive reasoning, or scientific knowledge, such as teaching, or any field where you'll be allowed to study or contemplate things bigger than you.

7: Analysis, research, solitude, wisdom, spiritual focus, investigative, mysticism, magic.
Seven. Seven. She had gotten seven. Double.. nope triple checking her work and still not sure if she was correct, Lia sat there quietly giving some thought to what she knew the number seven to mean. When that didn't satisfy her enough, she flipped open her textbook to the proper pages and read what was listed for the number SEVEN. And did it fit her.. maaaaaaaybe...

You are Bread!
Old 09-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #30 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Violet flushed with pleasure at the professor's words about her answer. Though Arithmancy was one of her better subjects.

Then she got out her pencil and began on the next assignment--okay, her birthday...She wrote out the date on a scrap of parchment:

13 October 2088
1 + 3 + 1 + 0 +2 +0 +8 +8 = 21
21 = 3

Three! That sounded like a magical number. Violet looked back over her book again to remember the meaning for that number. Hmm..." Imagination, positivism, playfulness, creative expression, house elves/house elf magic, complex thought"...She looked over at another section of the book: "Three: Joyful Self Expression--Creative, optimism, gift with words, enthusiasm, wit, ease, animated, imaginative, dramatic, emotional, self-expression, charity, generosity"

Well, some of that seemed like what Violet thought of herself--she certainly like the idea of being imaginative and creative, and she liked to think she had wit and a gift with words--at least, written down on the page. She wasn't too sure about optimistic or dramatic, and she didn't really feel she was particularly generous--though...maybe she ought to start trying to be.

Then a thought occurred to her--was the ten for October supposed to be added one plus zero, as she'd done it, or as ten? Because if the latter, it changed the number entirely, to a total of 29 = 11 = 1! But...no, it must be one and zero, that's the way you broke up the other numbers. Violet knew that! Her thinking was getting muddled again--she wished she could just slap that Healer Poppy for inflicting this on her!
Old 09-23-2021, 02:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

After absently flipping around in her textbook, Kins came across a page that caught her attention. It wasn't the page about life path numbers, but it was about birthdays... Which felt close enough.

Plus. She was way more interested in this anyway. She didn't really feel like reading about life path numbers today. So.... According to the textbook, her birth day number was nine. Because. Because she was born on the twenty-seventh day of November. And also according to the textbook ... that meant ... she was ... sensitive, creative, and had unique solutions to problems. Which, she thought, checked out. Her ideas didn't ever work out for her, but they were pretty unique sometimes. Maybe.

While everyone else worked silently on their own calculations, Kins pulled her textbook towards her and read some more of this particular page. Arithmancy was super cool. Numbers were like a universal language, which was so much easier to learn than mermish (she had tried that once) (for like, a day) (but then it got boring).

Universal love? What did it mean by that?

You are Lemon!
Old 09-24-2021, 01:52 AM   #32 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

SPOILER!!: students! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Its so cool, Professor!” she began, taking a deep breath before she felt like jumping in to share everything she knew on the subject. OH. She forgot her name. “Lisa Nam, sir… sorry I get excited about math….” Her cheeks flushed BRIGHT red.

Lisa paused at his question as the Professor offered a theory that Hogwarts was like the number seven. She opened her textbook and flipped to the source material that he had recommended. Hmmm…

Seven represented analysis, research, solitude, wisdom, spiritual focus, investigative, mysticism, magic…..

Professor… I don’t think seven fits just right. I think a combination of numbers is more suited. Why can’t Hogwarts be represented by all three numbers of 1, 2, 4? Sure 7 is a facet of what Hogwarts is but Hogwarts represents a beginning for all of us and relationships and harmony… and structure.

And then they were moving on again.

Right her birthday.

January 13th 2093…
So that’d be 13 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 9 + 3
= 28?
= 10
= 1?

She blinked. Uhhhh…
He grinned when she stated her name for him. Lisa, right. That was easy enough to remember so he hoped. He nodded when she reiterated on what Violet had suggested about Hogwarts represented more by the individual numbers than the summation. He glanced over her shoulder at her calculations.

"You get the correct answer regardless it seems, this time, but make sure you're adding the single digits up, so the 13 should be 1+3. The total of the reduced digits is 19, which is still 1. How do you feel it's meaning measures up to your life so far?" He asked, because really the students knew themselves better at this point, as perceptive as he could be sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash could count just fine, so she was feeling rather confident about finding her life path. But the more that she read, the more she was convinced there was a problem. “Professor, can you check my work?” She lowered her voice. “My birthday is May 3rd 2091, which I believe means I have life path number two. But that’s all about balance and peace. Am I doing it wrong, or is the universe trying to be ironic?” Or did none of these numbers mean anything??? Because while some of these life paths were accurate for her and some were a bit of a stretch, this was... more than a stretch. It was like, a cosmic joke. “Maybe it means that I’m inventing my own life path instead of doing what the math says I should do. Hm. That does sound like me. Either that or... I can’t count.”
He hurried over to Ashley next who had specifically called him over to have a look and he nodded at her. "It all checks out with your calculations, but I should remind you that your life path is an element that informs you of the road you will follow throughout your life. So it might seem like your life is chaotic now, but rest assured it's only a phase. It's through connecting and compromising with others that you'll find yourself at peace. You're young. Your path is just beginning."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Arithmancy was one of Kizzy's favorites so she usually tried her very best not to get distracted, but ... It was hard to pay attention in class when there was so much happening in her head. Why did life have to be so complicated all the time? She was trying SO hard to be uninvolved this year and there was STILL drama! At this rate, the best way to avoid it would be to live in the Great Lake with Sir Henry.

So that's what Kins was thinking about right now. Not Arithmancy.

Um, no offense, Professor. It wasn't anything personal. She usually loved this class.

So when question time was over (and only after Kins had spent it being uncharacteristically quiet), she took out some parchment to get started on the maths. She liked maths. Maybe that'd help her focus.

2066? Wow, Professor Robinson was ancient!
She was still only half-paying attention, her mind was absolutely elsewhere - so she absently flipped through her textbook as she looked for the pages about life path numbers. Maybe she had already passed them.
Did he notice the little James seemed distracted today? Absolutely! Did he also notice that her siblings didn't take Arithmancy? Yes indeed, he noticed that too. And also would have probably agreed with her assessment of him being ancient too (even if he was BARELY 40!).

He glanced at her parchment and then at the page she was now looking at ... "Uh... wrong page. We're looking at life path, not birth day numbers, which is connected though. Also, did you happen to notice that your life path number is special, as it's 22? One of the master numbers!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Oh, professor Robinson. Little did you know that Claudien did not usually delve into depth with her answers. Doing so would mean a lengthier time in speaking which would in turn result in attention being longer than necessary on her by everyone. That was one of the things about being an introvert. “I guess? The beginning of a new chapter in one’s academic life perhaps.”

Arithmancy reminded her of Divination in one way: Claudine was slightly skeptical of both, though she was moreso of Divination. Anyway. A calculation of her Life Path number was something that could be done easily, which she set about completing:

Oh? Ash’s number was also 2? Claudine found that very neat. Reading to herself, the Slytherin snorted a bit as she came upon a particular bit: People with 2 Life Paths are extremely sensitive that they need to be careful not to become the world's doormat. “Yeah, right. I’m not sensitive. And should anyone try to wipe their feet on me…” Claudine thought in amusement. The rest of the meanings for number 2 sounded okay though.
His attention was drawn over to Claudine now who he wasn't sure if she was talking to herself or not, but he had a look at her calculations and shook his head. "Your life path is actually NOT a two, but if you notice the double digit before you reduced down a single digit is an eleven, which is one of the master numbers. Which means while the two life path may still apply, you've also got a separate interpretation specific to the eleven."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Ollie thought this was simple enough. So let’s see. Her birthday was March 30th in the year 2093… so add these… the circle this. Okay drag this over here. She didn’t realize at the time but she had furrowed her eyebrows together really hard. She probably looked like she was having a hard time.

3+3+0+2+0+9+3=20
2+0=2

Done!
He glanced over at young Ollie next who was making faces and headed over to look over at her parchment. His own facial expressions might have mimicked hers (completely accidental), as he calculated and checked her work, nodding slowly. "Yes. Two. How do you feel about the textbook meanings?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Now they were calculating their own life numbers? He certainly liked the idea of being a seven, but that was out too much recollection of what all the others meant. He went ahead and wrote down his birthday on his sheet of paper in front of him, completing the calculation.

January 13th, 2091. Broken down, it gave him a life number of... 5.

Like Ash, he was now wondering if the universe was playing a prank on him as well. Pulling his book closer, he was looking to confirm if the number did mean what he thought it did. And it did. Change was a key component. Embracing change seemed to be even more so. And yet, he spent almost all of his time rejecting the idea of changes and losing people in his life for it. Maybe the universe was telling him that was the type of change he was destined for? A revolving door of people? The other one that primarily caught his eyes was physical touch, and he actually let out a snort at that one. His family and his close friends were the only ones who got hugs or any type of physical affection. He just... didn't like touch, considered it rude and uncomfortable for the most part. So that was off too. And as for resourceful and progressive thinking? He stuck by the book, didn't like to color outside the lines very much. And resourceful to him... that seemed to go hand in hand with creativity, another thing he had not much of.

Zero might have been alright. Or seven, if he was feeling generous.
He squinted over at the other Nam's calculations ... who had the same birthday as his sister, but a couple years apart? He couldn't help but wonder if it was planned or coincidental, but now was hardly an appropriate moment to discuss that matter. What did need discussing was the fact that his calculation seemed off somehow? "Uh... i think you've miscalculated somewhere. Make sure you add the single digits of the month, day and year." He'd tell him the answer he got, but going back to correct your own work was part of the learning curve, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
So adding all the numbers in her birthday together?

She could do that.

She was born March 18th...in 2091. So... 3, and 18, and 2091. 18 added up to 9...and 2091 to 12...er...3. So 3, 3, and 9, that made 15...and then 6. Which was the same as Professor Robinson's. And he'd said...harmony? Community relations? Peacekeeping? That was confusing, so she flipped open her textbook to the explanation for Six.

But that didn't make sense either. Careers in the service industry? That was definitely wrong. She raised her hand. "Professor?? I think I did mine wrong, this doesn't make sense. It says I have the same number as you. But I'm no good at these things, nobody ever asks me for advice."
He smiled in amusement when the young Hufflepuff seemed to disagree with her numbers as well. "The number six is also about creating a work life balance. It's one related to giving and receiving. I don't know too much about the hogwarts houses, but I believe as a hufflepuff, you're a natural born giver... so your life path is suggesting you find that balance between giving and learning how to receive, which is just as important of a gift. As far as the advice thing, I believe that will come with time. I've heard you're quite the fair flyer, so perhaps your path will be one that offers advice and service in that regards." He explained patiently, hoping to help her see that there were different ways of interpreting the same number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Huh?!

Dahlia had done well with keeping up.. at first.

That was until there was lots of talk about staircases and numbers and meanings of numbers. How did a bunch of staircases tell them all what the school represented? It was rather confusing and honestly the more she listened, the more confused she became. So sorry but when that second question rolled around, Lia kept her mouth shut and her quill in hand. Just because she might not have a fully grasp of it all didn't mean she wasn't going to take very detailed notes. Maybe she would get a better understanding of it all later on when she was able to review things on her own time.

Right now, she had to focus. The lesson was moving on. Hopefully this part she would be able to make some sort of sense out of.. there wasn't anyway she could mess up when calculating her own birthday, right?

Seven. Seven. She had gotten seven. Double.. nope triple checking her work and still not sure if she was correct, Lia sat there quietly giving some thought to what she knew the number seven to mean. When that didn't satisfy her enough, she flipped open her textbook to the proper pages and read what was listed for the number SEVEN. And did it fit her.. maaaaaaaybe...
He strolled by Dahlia's desk and nodded approvingly at her calculations and notes. "Excellent work, good job. Any questions?" She hadn't asked anything, but that didn't mean anything. Perhaps she was more introspective and didn't want to share her thoughts unless prodded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet flushed with pleasure at the professor's words about her answer. Though Arithmancy was one of her better subjects.

Then she got out her pencil and began on the next assignment--okay, her birthday...She wrote out the date on a scrap of parchment:

13 October 2088
1 + 3 + 1 + 0 +2 +0 +8 +8 = 21
21 = 3

Three! That sounded like a magical number. Violet looked back over her book again to remember the meaning for that number. Hmm..." Imagination, positivism, playfulness, creative expression, house elves/house elf magic, complex thought"...She looked over at another section of the book: "Three: Joyful Self Expression--Creative, optimism, gift with words, enthusiasm, wit, ease, animated, imaginative, dramatic, emotional, self-expression, charity, generosity"

Well, some of that seemed like what Violet thought of herself--she certainly like the idea of being imaginative and creative, and she liked to think she had wit and a gift with words--at least, written down on the page. She wasn't too sure about optimistic or dramatic, and she didn't really feel she was particularly generous--though...maybe she ought to start trying to be.

Then a thought occurred to her--was the ten for October supposed to be added one plus zero, as she'd done it, or as ten? Because if the latter, it changed the number entirely, to a total of 29 = 11 = 1! But...no, it must be one and zero, that's the way you broke up the other numbers. Violet knew that! Her thinking was getting muddled again--she wished she could just slap that Healer Poppy for inflicting this on her!
Was it wrong if he wanted to go research all these students born on the 13th of the month to find out specifically what day of the week they were born? Perhaps he'd have another lesson discussing the days of the week and what it meant, but for now, he had a lesson to finish and they were running short on time. He was making a confused face at Violet's desk, however, because he wasn't sure how she miscalculated but it seemed off. "I think ... you've maybe missed a digit in your addition. It doesn't seem ... quite right."

Right, uh, they should probably keep moving along though and wrap up this portion of the lesson. "So uh, the life path number is a simple enough number to calculate, but you still need to be diligent in making sure you calculate correctly. Also, I hadn't mentioned it before, but perhaps I should have since there were a couple of you with special numbers that when you reduced down a single digit, the number directly before you made your final reduction is 11 or 22, which has its own special meaning, as they are master numbers. There's also a third master number of 33, but it's not possible to total this for the life path number."

"Also, there's debates over why sometimes it doesn't quite seem to fit and that's because the life path is a number that we're growing into and honing as we develop our skills and talents. It's something that is meant to be a guide, not necessarily an end all, be all." He hoped that made some sort of sense and offered clarity.

"Your life path is only one component of your numerological profile. We’re not going to calculate the rest right now, but I do want you to think about just this number and if you feel it adequately represents your talents and abilities in your life so far? While you could change your name due to a variety of circumstances, your birthday is absolute. The birthday is also a useful tool in identifying your own strengths and weaknesses, but also of famous people. Let’s look at a tool called the arrows of pythagoras"

"So for this, you need to look at how many times each number appears in your birthday and then determine if there are positive, negative, or zero arrows present. Write on the top of your grid paper, your name and your birth date. For the arrows of pythagoras, we use a 3x3 grid which fits the numbers 1-9 within it. Starting in the bottom left corner and working bottom to top and left to right we end up with a grid like so." He flicked his wand and the grid appeared on the board.

"The top row relates to the mental plane, the middle row relates to the emotional plane and the bottom row relates to the physical plane. Now, with that grid you have the starting point and the reference for finding your personal arrows. Your birthdate is the numbers that you will use to fill out your grid. So using my birthday of February 8, 2066..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard

__6 ___
2 ___8
______

"So I actually have three arrows of negativity present, which are essentially weaknesses that I work towards on the daily basis to improve myself." Merlin, this was definitely opening himself up and making himself vulnerable, which he supposed was a good thing? "So in addition to your own birthdays, I'd like you to look at the arrows present, or lacking, in some famous people from history. Pick at least one of the following individuals and determine their arrows of pythagoras. How do you feel it matches up with the life they led? The struggles they had to overcome?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboard
Hermione Granger (September 19, 1979)
Ron Weasley (March 1, 1980)
Harry Potter (July 31, 1980)
Neville Longbottom (July 30, 1980)

ooc: Main activity time!!! Arrows of Pythagoras! So for full credit, you need to look at your own character's arrows but also minimum of ONE of other character's arrows. Interpret the arrows as best you feel able. You may choose from any of the characters I listed OR another person from history, which CAN be from our SS RP Canon, if you'd desire / your character is aware of them . They just should have some sort of "famous" status. Lesson will close on Sunday the 26th.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 09-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Arithmancy was confusing, wasn’t it? Then again, Claudine wasn’t quite fully open-minded about the subject. She made a special note about not reducing her Life Path Number which happened to be 11. This was a good thing to remember. Also, a line was neatly drawn through the last bit of her calculations, a little something to back up her special note.

Once again, Claudine could feel her brain scrambling as she tried to hone in on all the explanations about the Arrows of Pythagoras. It was best to do this step by step, yeah? So she started off by writing her name and birthday at the top of her paper. For the rest, she would have to use her textbook which luckily provided a step by step example.

SPOILER!!: Arrows pf Pythagoras

Name: Claudine Blaze
Birthday: 31st July, 2088 (31 ,7, 288)
Breakdown of numbers: 1 = one, 2 = one, 3 = one, 7 = one, 8 = two

Arrow of Planning: These people have good planning and organisational skills. They are able to make plans, recognise their goals and work out the best way to achieve them. However, they need to leave room for spontaneity and fun as they tend to over-plan. They will often have copious notes with everything written down, and a well planned diary. They often skip the details in order to see the bigger picture.

Was she confident about her work? Not really. But if the Arrow of Planning was indeed for her, then she was a planner and quite organised and determined to achieve her goals. The girl didn’t care really for the other half of the description though. She’d live her life the way she wanted to, thanks.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #34 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

First he was confused when the Professor had mentioned there was a miscalculation, as maths had always been one of his better subjects. And then on looking it over, his face slowly turned red in embarrassment. He'd managed to do the math for his birthday in his head and yet... on paper he'd written down Lisa's. There was only a three day difference, but adding a 3 could certainly have changed answers. So while his overall answer was correct, it didn't look it. "Oh uh... sorry, sir. I wrote down the wrong birthday... It's January 10th, 2091..." So 1 + 1 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 9 + 1 = 14 / 1 + 4 = 5.

That looked better. And yet he was mortified he now looked like a student who didn't know his own date of birth. Lovely.

Anyways.

The life path being a direction was certainly an interesting idea, and Evan paused on this momentarily. Did that mean he had the potential of being open to change? That seemed highly unlikely to him, but then again... he hadn't always been so closed off to it either. So maybe adaption could still happen too over his life. He was only 14, currently, and the brain didn't stop developing until.... 25. That gave him a lot of time still to really figure out who he was and if the life path fit. But for now... that wasn't the assignment, so he opted to dismiss it from his mind while he listened to the next instructions.

Which sounded complicated. He blinked a little bit at Professor Robinson before looking back at his paper. Steps seemed a good idea. He drew two grids looking like the one up above, including one for himself and one for his famous person of choice: Remus Lupin. He would have preferred to use Tonks, as she was one of his favorite historical figures but as he couldn't remember her birthday off the top of his head - her husband seemed another good option. He wrote both birthdays down at the top. January 10th 2091, for himself, and March 10th 1960, for Lupin.

Now to fill in his grids.

SPOILER!!: grids
Evan:
_ _ 9
2 _ _
1 _ _

Positive arrows: None
Negative arrows: Arrow of Frustration, Arrow of Skepticism

Remus Lupin:
3 6 9
_ _ _
1 _ _

Positive arrows: Arrow of Intellect
Negative arrows: Arrow of Sensitivity

After his time calculating and looking up what each thing meant, he certainly felt like this made much more sense than his life path number. Arrows of frustration and skepticism? Fit to a T. And even for Lupin, the main had clearly been smart - Evan having heard him described as the intellect of the Marauders. And yet the history of how long it took Lupin and Tonks to get together... he believed he remembered something about the woman having been pushed away because of Lupin feeling 'undeserving' or some nonsense.

That certainly sounded sensitive to him.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 09-24-2021, 09:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

She wasn’t distracted! She just wanted to focus on the things she wanted to focus on. It wasn’t fair that they had to sit in a classroom and learn about stuff just because Professors wanted them to. When would they learn stuff that everyone else wanted! There were more kids than there were professors, so it was only fair. Democracy! Majority rules! This stuff practically wrote itself, she was very sure of it.

So when Professor Robinson pointed out that she was looking at the wrong page, Kins only looked up to smile and reply, “I know” because she did. She also knew her life path number was a master number, so she nodded to that as well. She liked Arithmancy lots. Maths was cool. pythagoras arrows seemed to be lots cooler than the life path stuff, so she obliged and flipped through her textbook, deciding not to listen to Professor Robinson as he explained. She could teach herself and it'd probably be faster because then she wouldn't have to worry about needing to laugh at any bad jokes out of pity - it reminded her of lying and she wasn't a fan of lying. So.

Dipping her quill into her inkpot, she began her own calculations, starting first by putting her name at the top of her grid paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid Paper

Kinsay Cassandra James
Birthday: 27 November 2090

3 6 9 (mental plane)
2 5 8 (emotional plane)
1 4 7 (physical plane)

Birthday: 27 / 11 / 2090

_ _ 1
2 _ _
2 _ 1

Arrows:
Negative - Arrow of frustration (4,5,6)
Once she identified the arrow present in her square she-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textbook
"[...] they expect too much from others and hesitate to acknowledge their own needs. They can suffer more than their fair share of disappointments and frustrations because of that expectation until they learn to accept other people and themselves just as they are, and appreciate the differences."
No. She didn't like this. She never expected too much from others and especially didn't hesitate to acknowledge her own needs!! (read: she absolutely did both of those things and hated how she felt so entirely called out). Feeling a big gutted about it, she flipped the pages of her textbook and decided to read about something else instead. Like. The stuff about paragrams! That was interesting.

You are Lemon!
Old 09-24-2021, 09:58 PM   #36 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Ash wasn't convinced. But. If she ended up as a balanced and harmonic person, she'd let the professor know. And give him 20 galleons for winning. But only if he was still alive. Duh.

Hmmm, this seemed like more of a challenge than before.

SPOILER!!: Ash's work
Ash
May 3rd, 2091
5 3 2 0 9 1

3 _ 9
2 5 _
1 _ _

Positive arrows: Arrow of planning, Arrow of determination
Negative arrows: None

Well that was interesting. Ash felt like the arrow of determination fit perfectly, but not the arrow of planning. And no negative arrows? Even with her many character flaws? That seemed wrong. This time, she just kept her mouth shut, believing that, once again, the universe had made a mistake. Clearly there was another Ashley Fox out there who was a squib and an amazing person. Yeah, the universe had messed up. No surprise there.

She moved onto the next part. Her first instinct was to go with Hermione, but she changed her mind at the last second and picked Ron.

SPOILER!!: Ash's work part 2
Ron Weasley
March 1st, 1980
3 1 1 9 8 0

3 _ 9
_ _ 8
1 _ _

Positive arrows: none
Negative arrows: Arrow of frustration

Hm. The arrow of frustration certainly seemed to fit, but no positive arrows? Really? That hardly seemed fair... maybe he just didn't have an arrow that accurately represented his good qualities. Or maybe the universe was getting payback if he didn't like arithmancy??? Or maybe the universe made a mistake, as it was prone to do. Whatever. She wouldn't think too hard about it. It didn't matter what the universe wanted anyway.

The arrow of determination really did fit.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Hmm? Oh. Oh! The professor was talking to her! Dahlia snapped her head up from looking at the parchment on her desk and smiled. "Thank you, Sir. Erm.. I'm not sure? I mean I think it's pretty accurate? I am a born seeker.. well adventurer as I like to call it. Making sense of things is what I like, I have to understand things. I do tons of research, analysis and investigating but I don't really like being alone." Perhaps this was why she loved creatures and plants. There was ALWAYS more to learn in that path.

But say what now???

Sure she was taking down her usual detailed notes but now things were getting confusing. This sounded like it was going to be a step by step process. Hopefully one she wasn't going to mess up at all.

Quote:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
15, June 2092
1 5 6 2 0 9 2

_69
25_
1__

Positive Arrows: Determination (Positive 1, 5, 9)- Enterprising, Ambitious and determined to do things well, these people bounce back easily from setbacks and can overcome any obstacles thrown in their way. They are the strivers in business, heading for the top. They need to watch for stubbornness and may cling to ideas and projects when the time is well past to let it go.

Negative Arrows: None
Once again, Lia set her quill down when she had finished her analysis of herself and eyed her work. Was it correct? She thought so. Did it fit her? Umm, probably. Determination to be what she thought she should be, what others believed she already was.. did tend to make her work a whole lot harder than she may need to. Now this made her wonder if it fit for Lily and Elias too since they were triplets and all.

You are Bread!
Old 09-25-2021, 06:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

The seventh year, after adding some adjustments to her first chart, eyed the list Robinson had left for them to choose their potential famous person from. Harry Potter stood out to her because he and she shared the same birthday. Obviously not the year. This fact had Claudine pondering; how much of a difference would the Arrows be since the years were different? A few of the numerals from each year were the same, yes. This made her very curious. For that reason, she settled with Harry Potter and got to work.

SPOILER!!: Arrows of Pythagoras

Arrow of Planning: These people have good planning and organisational skills. They are able to make plans, recognise their goals and work out the best way to achieve them. However, they need to leave room for spontaneity and fun as they tend to over-plan. They will often have copious notes with everything written down, and a well planned diary. They often skip the details in order to see the bigger picture.

My Interpretation: Mostly, I am a good planner, especially when it comes to my future. Plans are already in place which I hope will help me achieve my goals. I do not need more spontaneity in my life, thanks. Plans help people get things done and if I need to keep a diary about them,, I will do so in the near future.

Name: Harry Potter
Birthday: 31st July, 1980 (31, 7, 198)
Breakdown of numbers: 1 = two, 3 = one, 7 = one, 8 = one, nine = one

Arrow of Activity: Fidgety, full of energy, always on the go; these people are quite hyperactive. Their physical and nervous energy is high and needs to be released through physical exercise. They need to keep physically or mentally busy at all times. They feel better spending time outdoors and eating natural foods. They take action where others tend to dream.

My Interpretation: This particular Arrow suits Harry because he was the kind of person who would act first then think later. One scenario as an example would be him wanting to rush off to the Ministry of Magic when he believed that Voldemort was holding Sirius Black captive. If Harry does not think he is doing something worthwhile, he gets irritated and shouts at others. Or maybe that’s just anger issues? Over all, Harry Potter is a man of action. Sitting back and letting others do things is not an option.

And now she was done.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

I feel as if it’s a fairly accurate representation of me. Perhaps with a margin of error of 25%,” she joked before refocusing on her work.

Oops so she had added that wrong but she still got the right answer? This would be one of the moments on an exam where she would have been grateful for making a mistake and still getting it right. Hehe. She was just that good. Her ego inflated slightly before she took note of what the Professor had instructed her. Lisa nodded. That mistake wouldn’t be made again. Thus she redid her assignment once more and then readied herself for the next activity.

A direction? How intriguing. She began scribbling notes, trying to best keep up with everything Robinson was saying.

SPOILER!!: notes!
13 January 2093
1+ 3 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 9 + 3
=19
=10
=1

Arrows:
1 _ 9
2 _ _
3 _ _
So she had one arrow going up and maybe one going on a diagonal?

The arrow of planning…

She read the description and smiled. That felt very accurate. But what about the other towards the 9. “Professor, should we have more than one arrow of positivity or negativity? I have a positive one and then I have almost another one… is that right?
Old 09-27-2021, 02:43 AM   #40 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

SPOILER!!: students!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
First he was confused when the Professor had mentioned there was a miscalculation, as maths had always been one of his better subjects. And then on looking it over, his face slowly turned red in embarrassment. He'd managed to do the math for his birthday in his head and yet... on paper he'd written down Lisa's. There was only a three day difference, but adding a 3 could certainly have changed answers. So while his overall answer was correct, it didn't look it. "Oh uh... sorry, sir. I wrote down the wrong birthday... It's January 10th, 2091..." So 1 + 1 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 9 + 1 = 14 / 1 + 4 = 5.

That looked better. And yet he was mortified he now looked like a student who didn't know his own date of birth. Lovely.

Anyways.

The life path being a direction was certainly an interesting idea, and Evan paused on this momentarily. Did that mean he had the potential of being open to change? That seemed highly unlikely to him, but then again... he hadn't always been so closed off to it either. So maybe adaption could still happen too over his life. He was only 14, currently, and the brain didn't stop developing until.... 25. That gave him a lot of time still to really figure out who he was and if the life path fit. But for now... that wasn't the assignment, so he opted to dismiss it from his mind while he listened to the next instructions.

Which sounded complicated. He blinked a little bit at Professor Robinson before looking back at his paper. Steps seemed a good idea. He drew two grids looking like the one up above, including one for himself and one for his famous person of choice: Remus Lupin. He would have preferred to use Tonks, as she was one of his favorite historical figures but as he couldn't remember her birthday off the top of his head - her husband seemed another good option. He wrote both birthdays down at the top. January 10th 2091, for himself, and March 10th 1960, for Lupin.

Now to fill in his grids.

SPOILER!!: grids
Evan:
_ _ 9
2 _ _
1 _ _

Positive arrows: None
Negative arrows: Arrow of Frustration, Arrow of Skepticism

Remus Lupin:
3 6 9
_ _ _
1 _ _

Positive arrows: Arrow of Intellect
Negative arrows: Arrow of Sensitivity

After his time calculating and looking up what each thing meant, he certainly felt like this made much more sense than his life path number. Arrows of frustration and skepticism? Fit to a T. And even for Lupin, the main had clearly been smart - Evan having heard him described as the intellect of the Marauders. And yet the history of how long it took Lupin and Tonks to get together... he believed he remembered something about the woman having been pushed away because of Lupin feeling 'undeserving' or some nonsense.

That certainly sounded sensitive to him.
Professor Robinson had to admit it was kind of amusing that he wrote down his sister's birthday. Because yes, he gathered enough that's what he'd done and just patted the boy's shoulder. "It happens. But I'm impressed you still managed to calculate it correctly."

He glanced over at the boy's arrows, nodding approvingly at his work so far. Well done indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
She wasn’t distracted! She just wanted to focus on the things she wanted to focus on. It wasn’t fair that they had to sit in a classroom and learn about stuff just because Professors wanted them to. When would they learn stuff that everyone else wanted! There were more kids than there were professors, so it was only fair. Democracy! Majority rules! This stuff practically wrote itself, she was very sure of it.

So when Professor Robinson pointed out that she was looking at the wrong page, Kins only looked up to smile and reply, “I know” because she did. She also knew her life path number was a master number, so she nodded to that as well. She liked Arithmancy lots. Maths was cool. pythagoras arrows seemed to be lots cooler than the life path stuff, so she obliged and flipped through her textbook, deciding not to listen to Professor Robinson as he explained. She could teach herself and it'd probably be faster because then she wouldn't have to worry about needing to laugh at any bad jokes out of pity - it reminded her of lying and she wasn't a fan of lying. So.

Dipping her quill into her inkpot, she began her own calculations, starting first by putting her name at the top of her grid paper.
Once she identified the arrow present in her square she- No. She didn't like this. She never expected too much from others and especially didn't hesitate to acknowledge her own needs!! (read: she absolutely did both of those things and hated how she felt so entirely called out). Feeling a big gutted about it, she flipped the pages of her textbook and decided to read about something else instead. Like. The stuff about paragrams! That was interesting.
So she was a sassy thing, wasn't she? Kind of reminded him of his own daughter and made him think that's definitely what Annika was going to be like in just a few short years. He shook his head in amusement, letting her read about her arrows ... and watch her expression change to ... well, ironically what her arrow talked about. Perhaps he ought to see her after class? "Everything alright, Miss James?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash wasn't convinced. But. If she ended up as a balanced and harmonic person, she'd let the professor know. And give him 20 galleons for winning. But only if he was still alive. Duh.

Hmmm, this seemed like more of a challenge than before.

SPOILER!!: Ash's work
Ash
May 3rd, 2091
5 3 2 0 9 1

3 _ 9
2 5 _
1 _ _

Positive arrows: Arrow of planning, Arrow of determination
Negative arrows: None

Well that was interesting. Ash felt like the arrow of determination fit perfectly, but not the arrow of planning. And no negative arrows? Even with her many character flaws? That seemed wrong. This time, she just kept her mouth shut, believing that, once again, the universe had made a mistake. Clearly there was another Ashley Fox out there who was a squib and an amazing person. Yeah, the universe had messed up. No surprise there.

She moved onto the next part. Her first instinct was to go with Hermione, but she changed her mind at the last second and picked Ron.

SPOILER!!: Ash's work part 2
Ron Weasley
March 1st, 1980
3 1 1 9 8 0

3 _ 9
_ _ 8
1 _ _

Positive arrows: none
Negative arrows: Arrow of frustration

Hm. The arrow of frustration certainly seemed to fit, but no positive arrows? Really? That hardly seemed fair... maybe he just didn't have an arrow that accurately represented his good qualities. Or maybe the universe was getting payback if he didn't like arithmancy??? Or maybe the universe made a mistake, as it was prone to do. Whatever. She wouldn't think too hard about it. It didn't matter what the universe wanted anyway.

The arrow of determination really did fit.
So Ashley had no negative arrows and yet he had no positive arrows? Well that might explain things in terms of their understanding of each other. Interesting. It was really quite the fascinating tool. He nodded in approval though at work because, well, good job. Even if she didn't necessarily agree with it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Hmm? Oh. Oh! The professor was talking to her! Dahlia snapped her head up from looking at the parchment on her desk and smiled. "Thank you, Sir. Erm.. I'm not sure? I mean I think it's pretty accurate? I am a born seeker.. well adventurer as I like to call it. Making sense of things is what I like, I have to understand things. I do tons of research, analysis and investigating but I don't really like being alone." Perhaps this was why she loved creatures and plants. There was ALWAYS more to learn in that path.

But say what now???

Sure she was taking down her usual detailed notes but now things were getting confusing. This sounded like it was going to be a step by step process. Hopefully one she wasn't going to mess up at all.

Once again, Lia set her quill down when she had finished her analysis of herself and eyed her work. Was it correct? She thought so. Did it fit her? Umm, probably. Determination to be what she thought she should be, what others believed she already was.. did tend to make her work a whole lot harder than she may need to. Now this made her wonder if it fit for Lily and Elias too since they were triplets and all.
He nodded. "Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, the life path isn't something that ever changes. However, the way we interpret is something that might change through the years as you grow and learn." He casually looked over at work, again only a positive arrow. How interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
The seventh year, after adding some adjustments to her first chart, eyed the list Robinson had left for them to choose their potential famous person from. Harry Potter stood out to her because he and she shared the same birthday. Obviously not the year. This fact had Claudine pondering; how much of a difference would the Arrows be since the years were different? A few of the numerals from each year were the same, yes. This made her very curious. For that reason, she settled with Harry Potter and got to work.

SPOILER!!: Arrows of Pythagoras

My Interpretation: Mostly, I am a good planner, especially when it comes to my future. Plans are already in place which I hope will help me achieve my goals. I do not need more spontaneity in my life, thanks. Plans help people get things done and if I need to keep a diary about them,, I will do so in the near future.

Name: Harry Potter
Birthday: 31st July, 1980 (31, 7, 198)
Breakdown of numbers: 1 = two, 3 = one, 7 = one, 8 = one, nine = one

Arrow of Activity: Fidgety, full of energy, always on the go; these people are quite hyperactive. Their physical and nervous energy is high and needs to be released through physical exercise. They need to keep physically or mentally busy at all times. They feel better spending time outdoors and eating natural foods. They take action where others tend to dream.

My Interpretation: This particular Arrow suits Harry because he was the kind of person who would act first then think later. One scenario as an example would be him wanting to rush off to the Ministry of Magic when he believed that Voldemort was holding Sirius Black captive. If Harry does not think he is doing something worthwhile, he gets irritated and shouts at others. Or maybe that’s just anger issues? Over all, Harry Potter is a man of action. Sitting back and letting others do things is not an option.

And now she was done.
He had circled over to Claudine's desk earlier but she seemed to be diligently working and he hadn't wanted to distract her, but once she set her quill down, he circled back to her have a look at her work. Looked good for the most part, except.... "Don't forget, while you found the positive arrows, it looks like both you and Harry Potter had some negative arrows as well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I feel as if it’s a fairly accurate representation of me. Perhaps with a margin of error of 25%,” she joked before refocusing on her work.

Oops so she had added that wrong but she still got the right answer? This would be one of the moments on an exam where she would have been grateful for making a mistake and still getting it right. Hehe. She was just that good. Her ego inflated slightly before she took note of what the Professor had instructed her. Lisa nodded. That mistake wouldn’t be made again. Thus she redid her assignment once more and then readied herself for the next activity.

A direction? How intriguing. She began scribbling notes, trying to best keep up with everything Robinson was saying.

SPOILER!!: notes!
13 January 2093
1+ 3 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 9 + 3
=19
=10
=1

Arrows:
1 _ 9
2 _ _
3 _ _
So she had one arrow going up and maybe one going on a diagonal?

The arrow of planning…

She read the description and smiled. That felt very accurate. But what about the other towards the 9. “Professor, should we have more than one arrow of positivity or negativity? I have a positive one and then I have almost another one… is that right?
Heh. She had jokes too? Winston grinned at that margin of error, shaking his head, as he let her concentrate on finding her arrows. He shook his head. "It wouldn't be a partial arrow. You can have more than one arrow, but they have to be a complete arrow. However, since you're missing the numbers down the middle, it seems you do have one negative arrow, which is to say where the numbers don't exist in your birthday." Did that make sense? Maybe?

He circled back to the front of the classroom when he happened to realize the time. "Oh my, we're out of time. But just to recap on a couple things. Positive doesn't mean good, negative doesn't mean bad. Positive arrows are just a way to look at strong positive traits one may possess, whereas negative arrows are traits that one is missing, character flaws. There's also a third possibility, which is to have NO arrows, which this too has meaning."

"So we've looked at two different tools to interpret your meaning based upon your birthday. They're both different and also work together. For homework i'd like you to see if you can determine what birthdays might give someone no arrows and if you can find someone from history with that birthday. Were they as adaptable as the numbers made them seem? Class dismissed. Happy halloween!"

ooc: just fyi, homework is IC only. You're not really required to do it Thanks for coming !!! And see you next time <3 . I'll officially close the thread tomorrow afternoon when i get off work so you'll have time to wrap things up, if you choose =)

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 09-27-2021, 01:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Wait. What?

There were negative arrows too? Claudine frowned down at her parchment, feeling quite irritated with herself. “I’ll double check, professor. Thank you for picking that up.” But first, she would set about reading the textbook notes to get an even better understanding of these arrows business. Needless to say Claudine didn’t get very far with that since time ran out. She’d just complete everything as part of her homework then, and ask Robsinson to give it another look over later.

After noting down the homework, Claudine grabbed her belongings. “See you next time, professor.”

Old 09-27-2021, 10:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

An error in her calculation! Violet got so obsessed with that that she almost didn't finish the rest of the assignment in time. And when she found it, it was just an error in addition! How could she have done that? That did it, she was going straight to the healer when this class was over--maybe she could give her something. Violet couldn't go through her O.W.L.S. performing this way.

So--23 was the number, which reduced to five. Hmm....forks in the road, change--that didn't sound quite right, either--Violet hated change. Championing freedom sounded rather nice--she had fought off some of those Neo-Alliance guys the other year. But--sales, P.R.--ugh, the public! Violet hated the public and she hated speaking in public. She couldn't see herself in any of those jobs. Although...travel might be rather nice--she'd like to go somewhere besides New York City someday.

Okay, Pythagorean Arrows--when she put the digits of her birthday--13 October 2088--into the grid, she was alarmed at first to see there were three in a row. But then she read in her book that the vertical rows were positive arrows, so that was all right. So--the Arrow of Planning. Organization skills, achieving goals, copious notes--this all seemed more like it. And Violet had to chuckle at the "well-planned diary" part--she'd kept a journal almost since she could write, though it was mostly full of observations and character sketches and story ideas rather than any plans. Well, this did seem to be here, all right.

Now for the other part. Violet chose Neville Longbottom, who had always interested her. His birthday also had a positive arrow, the Arrow of Activity. Nervous energy--maybe that would explain the reports of brewing accidents in school she'd read of. And action while others dream--that was probably why he'd chopped off Nagini's head while everyone else was standing around! And the outdoors and nature part would explain why he became an herbologist.

Violet scribbled down all this as neatly as she could and turned it in in the nick of time. "Goodbye, Professor," she muttered hastily as she grabbed her things and headed out, intent upon trying to get to the school infirmary before her next class.