sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 445 users online including...
KevinDag , aRogueOne , googromenmub , lorenepp2

5 members
440 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > First Floor > Muggle Studies


Muggle Studies Fascinating beings, those Muggles. Come learn about the Muggle world and the ways they get by without using magic!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2021, 01:11 AM
AlwaysSnapesGirl AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline
 
Default Muggle Studies Lesson 2

The door to the classroom is open, allowing you to enter. Even with the warm spring sunlight streaming in through the windows, the room is a comfortable temperature. The desks are lined in their usual neat rows, and Professor Applewood has done her best to keep the intrusive vines confined to the walls.

Speaking of the professor, she can be found standing beside her desk, ready to greet you as you enter.

Come on in and have a seat. Class will begin shortly.


OOC: Hi! Welcome to Muggle Studies Lesson 2! Class will begin in approximately 24 hours.


Class Progress:
- Question 1
- Question 2
- Activity 1
- Activity 2
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine was always grateful that the professors did their best to keep those annoying vines out of the way. She had even worked on a sketch of this a few days ago, using the Muggle Studies classroom as inspiration. It was just another way to remember the adventures at the School during her final year.

“Hi, professor,’’ the seventh year said with a small smile. She eyed the vines some more before heading for a seat at the back of the classroom. Now her attention was around the class in general. Hmm. THere didn’t seem to be any indication as yet about what today’s topic will be.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Kinsay was tired of lessons. Couldn't they just call it a year and start the summer holiday early? Professors could spend time with their families and they wouldn't have to grade any more exams and then it'd be a win-win for everyone. See? So smart.

She did try to at least look ... somewhat energetic though. But only because Professor Applewood was her dormmate's MUM. That was totally weird. She imagined that it was probably weirder for Sera.

In any case, she offered Sera's mum a subdued sort of smile as she made her way into the classroom. "Hi professor, it's a good day for a nap." Hint-hint. Muggles napped too, so it even fit into the curricula. See? Double smart.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Valentina entered the classroom with her usual cheerful smile.. which faded just a bit when she noticed the vines. Meh. She only hoped they would be gone by the end of the term. "Hello, professor." She greeted before heading to a seat somewhere near the front, giving Claudine and Kinsay a little wave as well.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:27 AM   #5 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,672

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

The weather being comfortable made him feel lazier. Or perhaps that was just coming with closeness of end of term, as Evan would have much preferred to sit in his dorm and work on his gifts for fellow fourth years over attending classes. Though Muggle Studies did always hold a special place in his heart, which made the walk towards the classroom slightly more bearable.

Entering the room, he gave a small smile and nod towards Professor Applewood with a quick, "Hello, Professor. Hope you're well." before moving further in to try to locate a spot for himself. He considered one of the open seats near Val, who did get a small wave in hello, before zoning in on Kinsay and remembering how little he'd been able to see her and the concern at her more subdued nature in classes. Making his way to an empty spot beside her, he sat and started to pull out his supplies for the lesson. "Hey Kins, how are you?"
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)


DMLE & DMGS
Welsh Green
 
Emzily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 24,586

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Remy Izith Gaeltheos
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Bette Arbutus
Law Enforcement

x5 x2
Default
Raspberry Jam | Ultimate Fangirl

Every birthday meant she was now done with the current schooling year. Remy was THIRTEEEN now, so was only thinking about third year prospects, as well as future colleges and careers because she had to think about adult stuff now. The blonde still arrived at todays muggle studies class with her usual keen spirit to learn, as she found herself a seat near the front of the room.

The vines seemed to be kept at bay which Remy appreciated… although she was too used to seeing them by this point so it was no biggy. “Hi, Professor Applewood.” She greeted as she set her things down.
__________________
Emzily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC
Mooncalf
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 7,259

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Nicolette Margot Charbonneau
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Magical Creatures
x3
Default
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Spring meant that summer was soon, and summer meant no school and honestly, Florrie couldn't wait. But she was aware that Misa wouldn't be coming back next term, and so there was a part of her that didn't want this one to end. Even if they hadn't been on the greatest of terms recently, Hogwarts without Misa wasn't something Florrie wanted to experience.

Her mind wasn't really on the lesson, but she tried to pull herself back to the present as she entered the classroom, offering the Professor a small smile and, "Hello, Professor," in greeting before finding a seat. She wanted to sit beside the window, to look out over the spring sunlight-lit grounds, but the vines on the wall were off putting and had her instead choosing a seat in the middle.
__________________
Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Violet was really glad spring was here. Normally she enjoyed the cold weather, but it had really gotten into her bones this past year. She had hoped it might have an inhibiting influence on the vines, but no such luck.

"Hello, Professor Applewood," she greeted her professor, smiling. Violet missed Professor Schmoe a great deal--he had been one of the few professors she felt she could talk to when she had a problem and she had yet to find another confidante. So she had been prepared to dislike his replacement on principle, but the new professor was really quite nice, so Violet had wound up liking her despite herself.

Looking around the classroom, Violet found herself a seat and waited for class to begin.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
Potterdom Mod


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,830

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rosalie Applewood
Graduated

Student Character:
Ivy Grimm
Fifth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Text Cut: Greetings
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Claudine was always grateful that the professors did their best to keep those annoying vines out of the way. She had even worked on a sketch of this a few days ago, using the Muggle Studies classroom as inspiration. It was just another way to remember the adventures at the School during her final year.

“Hi, professor,’’ the seventh year said with a small smile. She eyed the vines some more before heading for a seat at the back of the classroom. Now her attention was around the class in general. Hmm. THere didn’t seem to be any indication as yet about what today’s topic will be.
Rosalie smiled. "Hello, Miss Blaze." She might have only been teaching at Hogwarts for almost a year, but she had quickly grown fond of all of her students, including seventh years like Miss Blaze. She would certainly miss having her in class next term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Kinsay was tired of lessons. Couldn't they just call it a year and start the summer holiday early? Professors could spend time with their families and they wouldn't have to grade any more exams and then it'd be a win-win for everyone. See? So smart.

She did try to at least look ... somewhat energetic though. But only because Professor Applewood was her dormmate's MUM. That was totally weird. She imagined that it was probably weirder for Sera.

In any case, she offered Sera's mum a subdued sort of smile as she made her way into the classroom. "Hi professor, it's a good day for a nap." Hint-hint. Muggles napped too, so it even fit into the curricula. See? Double smart.
Always a pleasure to have the younger Miss James in class as well. Rosalie might have hoped that she would be a good influence on her daughter, considering they were dormmates, but...well, Sera was awfully stubborn and headstrong. No idea where she got that from. "I think you're right, a quick nap after class would be quite refreshing, yes," she replied with a smile, with a slight emphasis on 'after class.' That was quite important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Valentina entered the classroom with her usual cheerful smile.. which faded just a bit when she noticed the vines. Meh. She only hoped they would be gone by the end of the term. "Hello, professor." She greeted before heading to a seat somewhere near the front, giving Claudine and Kinsay a little wave as well.
Rosalie did note the slight change in Miss Nichols' cheerful expression upon seeing the vines. And it made her hope all the more that they were close to finding the way to get rid of all the vines for good. "Hello, Miss Nichols," she replied, smiling warmly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
The weather being comfortable made him feel lazier. Or perhaps that was just coming with closeness of end of term, as Evan would have much preferred to sit in his dorm and work on his gifts for fellow fourth years over attending classes. Though Muggle Studies did always hold a special place in his heart, which made the walk towards the classroom slightly more bearable.

Entering the room, he gave a small smile and nod towards Professor Applewood with a quick, "Hello, Professor. Hope you're well." before moving further in to try to locate a spot for himself. He considered one of the open seats near Val, who did get a small wave in hello, before zoning in on Kinsay and remembering how little he'd been able to see her and the concern at her more subdued nature in classes. Making his way to an empty spot beside her, he sat and started to pull out his supplies for the lesson. "Hey Kins, how are you?"
If there was any reluctance in coming to class thanks to the warmer weather, Rosalie didn't notice it. The Ravenclaw fourth year was always an excellent student in these lessons. "Thank you, Mister Nam, I hope you are as well." She smiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
Every birthday meant she was now done with the current schooling year. Remy was THIRTEEEN now, so was only thinking about third year prospects, as well as future colleges and careers because she had to think about adult stuff now. The blonde still arrived at todays muggle studies class with her usual keen spirit to learn, as she found herself a seat near the front of the room.

The vines seemed to be kept at bay which Remy appreciated… although she was too used to seeing them by this point so it was no biggy. “Hi, Professor Applewood.” She greeted as she set her things down.
Another student who always seemed eager to learn, something Rosalie appreciated. It was one of the best qualities anyone could have, in her opinion. The desire to learn was very important in all stages of life. She smiled. "Hello, Miss Gaeltheos."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Spring meant that summer was soon, and summer meant no school and honestly, Florrie couldn't wait. But she was aware that Misa wouldn't be coming back next term, and so there was a part of her that didn't want this one to end. Even if they hadn't been on the greatest of terms recently, Hogwarts without Misa wasn't something Florrie wanted to experience.

Her mind wasn't really on the lesson, but she tried to pull herself back to the present as she entered the classroom, offering the Professor a small smile and, "Hello, Professor," in greeting before finding a seat. She wanted to sit beside the window, to look out over the spring sunlight-lit grounds, but the vines on the wall were off putting and had her instead choosing a seat in the middle.
A few students did seem a little distracted, Miss Charbonneau among them, but with the vines situation and the end of term approaching, it was understandable. The closer it got to summer, the more restless students (and even professors) became. "Hello, Miss Charbonneau," she replied with a smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet was really glad spring was here. Normally she enjoyed the cold weather, but it had really gotten into her bones this past year. She had hoped it might have an inhibiting influence on the vines, but no such luck.

"Hello, Professor Applewood," she greeted her professor, smiling. Violet missed Professor Schmoe a great deal--he had been one of the few professors she felt she could talk to when she had a problem and she had yet to find another confidante. So she had been prepared to dislike his replacement on principle, but the new professor was really quite nice, so Violet had wound up liking her despite herself.

Looking around the classroom, Violet found herself a seat and waited for class to begin.
"Hello, Miss Blackthorne," Rosalie replied with a smile of her own. Another one she enjoyed having in class. The young Slytherin was such a keen observer and another who always seemed ready to learn.


Once it was time for the lesson to begin and the last student had arrived, Rosalie walked over and closed the door. Not locked, since they would be moving to another location soon, but it would certainly be noticed if anyone tried to sneak in late.

Returning to her place in front of the class, she smiled.

"Alright, let's get started then, shall we? We won't be spending the entire lesson in the classroom today, but we do have a little bit of a discussion to get through before we get to that.

"So my first question for you all is: What are some ways - non-magical ways - that people can express their creativity?"


OOC: Welcome, everyone! The lesson has begun! As always, you're welcome to join in any time during the lesson, just pretend your character has been here the whole time We'll move on in approximately another 24 hours.
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

No classroom? Valentina's eyes widened a bit. Did that mean they were going outside?? Which would be nice because the weather was warm and perfect. She immediately raised her hand at the professor's question.

"Dancing! It's creative and expressive - it can be whatever you want it to be." It's the one thing she'll always be passionate about. Alwaaays.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:08 AM   #11 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,672

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Expressions of creativity? There were so many to choose from. Considering the question while some of his peers answered, he raised his hand after decided on one to share. Waiting until his name had been called, Evan offered "Clothing can be an expression of creativity. Some people prefer to mix patterns and create looks that are entirely their own." Not his forte, but incredibly admirable.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Yes, she would miss Applewood too. The woman was such a great fill for filling Schmoe’s figurative shoes. Claudine happened to have been minding her own business but the movement of Valentina’s hand caught her attention and she waved back with a smile.

Okay.

So discussion first. “Art,” the seventh year volunteered, giving her favourite way of expressing herself. Indeed art had helped her express herself when she could barely find words to say how she felt. “My favourite bit would be sketching though.” Since there were other forms of art, Claudine figured she had better be specific.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,918

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Daniel wondered if Ashley had ever gone up to Professor Appelwood to ask how the computers worked in the technology(?) room. Just wondering, not curious enough for him to ask.

The Hufflepuff had been seated somewhere in the middle of the classroom, looking at the vines creeping along the walls and only turned his gaze back to the front when the Professor started the lesson.

They weren't going to stay in the classroom? He sat more upright now when he heard this. Where were they going? Outside? The tech room? She wouldn't use an environment spell to change the room right? Since this was muggle studies?

"Writing is a form of expressing creativity" he answered after he had raised his hand.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Violet smiled as she saw which direction the lesson was going in today--creativity! Far more interesting to her than that troublesome Muggle technology. And she had an answer ready--her favorite creative activity. "Writing!" she exclaimed excitedly.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,909

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default Been here all along! ;)
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

The first thing Heath had noticed upon entering the muggle studies classroom was how ordinary it looked. Aside from the vines, of course, but even those had lost their novelty. He wasn’t fooled by the setup, though. If there was one thing he’d learned in his time at Hogwarts, it was that a normal classroom setup didn’t guarantee a normal lesson. He’d greeted Professor Applewood on his arrival and taken a seat at the back with Claudine. He had just enough time to greet her with a quiet “Hi” before the lesson began.

He turned his attention to the front as Professor Applewood spoke. Oh, so they weren’t staying in the classroom? See? He knew this wasn’t going to be a normal lesson! He vaguely wondered what they would be doing outside, but before he had much time to think about it, the professor asked the easiest question he’d ever heard in a lesson. Usually Heath would take time to carefully consider the question before answering, but this time he knew exactly what to say. His hand shot up, and he said, “Acting, Professor.” That answer in and of itself seemed insufficient, so he elaborated, “While your character and lines are usually established, the creative expression comes into play in the way you say the lines and in the backstory you give your character.”
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:21 PM   #16 (permalink)


DMLE & DIMC
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 5,552

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lydia Anni Wolff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Whitney Jo Quartermaine
International Cooperation
x7 x4
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

"There's painting." Or at least Dia had thought she'd heard of people doing that without magic. She personally didn't see the thrill, apparently, it took a long time, there was no way to fix tiny mistakes which meant you had to start all over if you made one and it was messy. No thank you!
__________________
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Kinsay laid her head down on her desk while she waited for class to being, only lifting it slightly to greet Val and Evan with finger wiggles. Don't worry professor, she was going to try her very hardest not to nap before or during class. Emphasis on the after. Even though she wanted to nap now. "I'm okay, how are-" she paused midway through her question, only having just realized class was beginning. She gave Evan an apologetic sort of look before returning her gaze to the front of the room.

Though Kins wasn't really looking forward to class, knowing that they wouldn't be spending the entire time in the classroom today was pretty promising. Hopefully they could spend the rest outside? Sunshine would be awesome.

Also kind of awesome? The current discussion. She didn't want to look too eager though, so she tried her best not to look terribly interested as the conversation shifted to the topic of creativity. All of her favorite creative outlets were non-magical. Mostly because her spellwork was still mega-unreliable, but also because she couldn't use magic outside of school anyway. Trace and all.

She silently counted to three before raising her hand. Her answer? Fashion. But when Evan basically said the same thing... Kins decided to go another route. Art! But then Claudine said that too. So maybe she needed to get more specific. Painting! And then that answer was said too. So instead of leaving her hand up for any longer, Kinsay just ... casually lowered it and slunk down a little bit in her chair too, as if that might help make this less embarrassing. Hopefully Professor Applewood didn't notice.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
Potterdom Mod


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,830

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rosalie Applewood
Graduated

Student Character:
Ivy Grimm
Fifth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Text Cut: Responses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
No classroom? Valentina's eyes widened a bit. Did that mean they were going outside?? Which would be nice because the weather was warm and perfect. She immediately raised her hand at the professor's question.

"Dancing! It's creative and expressive - it can be whatever you want it to be." It's the one thing she'll always be passionate about. Alwaaays.
"Dance is an excellent example, yes! There are a wide variety of dance styles too, which leaves a lot of room for an individual's creativity." Plus, it was fun! Something active like dancing was easy for Rosalie to enjoy as well, even if she wasn't the greatest dancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Expressions of creativity? There were so many to choose from. Considering the question while some of his peers answered, he raised his hand after decided on one to share. Waiting until his name had been called, Evan offered "Clothing can be an expression of creativity. Some people prefer to mix patterns and create looks that are entirely their own." Not his forte, but incredibly admirable.
"Fashion, yes, excellent. Designers can be very innovative with what they come up with." And she would agree that it was admirable as well. The way some could look at a piece of fabric and turn it into something new was pretty impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Yes, she would miss Applewood too. The woman was such a great fill for filling Schmoe’s figurative shoes. Claudine happened to have been minding her own business but the movement of Valentina’s hand caught her attention and she waved back with a smile.

Okay.

So discussion first. “Art,” the seventh year volunteered, giving her favourite way of expressing herself. Indeed art had helped her express herself when she could barely find words to say how she felt. “My favourite bit would be sketching though.” Since there were other forms of art, Claudine figured she had better be specific.
Art was, indeed, a bit of a general answer, though obviously not wrong. But Rosalie was glad when the Slytherin gave a more specific example. "Good, yes. Picturing something in your mind and then sketching it on paper is incredibly creative." Not something she had ever been great at, so she admired those who were capable of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel wondered if Ashley had ever gone up to Professor Appelwood to ask how the computers worked in the technology(?) room. Just wondering, not curious enough for him to ask.

The Hufflepuff had been seated somewhere in the middle of the classroom, looking at the vines creeping along the walls and only turned his gaze back to the front when the Professor started the lesson.

They weren't going to stay in the classroom? He sat more upright now when he heard this. Where were they going? Outside? The tech room? She wouldn't use an environment spell to change the room right? Since this was muggle studies?

"Writing is a form of expressing creativity" he answered after he had raised his hand.
"Writing, yes, good! Though it may not be on the same visual level as other forms, it is still an excellent form of creativity." Whether it was prose or poetry, people could be incredibly imaginative with their words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet smiled as she saw which direction the lesson was going in today--creativity! Far more interesting to her than that troublesome Muggle technology. And she had an answer ready--her favorite creative activity. "Writing!" she exclaimed excitedly.
"Great example, yes! Writers are very creative." And the excitement with which Miss Blackthorne answered perhaps indicated a personal connection with it. Which was great to see. Rosalie knew her students could be incredibly creative themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
The first thing Heath had noticed upon entering the muggle studies classroom was how ordinary it looked. Aside from the vines, of course, but even those had lost their novelty. He wasn’t fooled by the setup, though. If there was one thing he’d learned in his time at Hogwarts, it was that a normal classroom setup didn’t guarantee a normal lesson. He’d greeted Professor Applewood on his arrival and taken a seat at the back with Claudine. He had just enough time to greet her with a quiet “Hi” before the lesson began.

He turned his attention to the front as Professor Applewood spoke. Oh, so they weren’t staying in the classroom? See? He knew this wasn’t going to be a normal lesson! He vaguely wondered what they would be doing outside, but before he had much time to think about it, the professor asked the easiest question he’d ever heard in a lesson. Usually Heath would take time to carefully consider the question before answering, but this time he knew exactly what to say. His hand shot up, and he said, “Acting, Professor.” That answer in and of itself seemed insufficient, so he elaborated, “While your character and lines are usually established, the creative expression comes into play in the way you say the lines and in the backstory you give your character.”
Acting was a good answer, but Rosalie was always happy for the students to elaborate further. She liked hearing what they thought. "Excellent, yes. There's a lot of creativity that goes into the skill of acting, both in the theatre and in films."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
"There's painting." Or at least Dia had thought she'd heard of people doing that without magic. She personally didn't see the thrill, apparently, it took a long time, there was no way to fix tiny mistakes which meant you had to start all over if you made one and it was messy. No thank you!
"Yes, another good example. A lot of creativity goes into a painting, especially with the different styles that have developed over the centuries." And who knew how many more would continue to be created as time went on? The possibilities could be endless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Kinsay laid her head down on her desk while she waited for class to being, only lifting it slightly to greet Val and Evan with finger wiggles. Don't worry professor, she was going to try her very hardest not to nap before or during class. Emphasis on the after. Even though she wanted to nap now. "I'm okay, how are-" she paused midway through her question, only having just realized class was beginning. She gave Evan an apologetic sort of look before returning her gaze to the front of the room.

Though Kins wasn't really looking forward to class, knowing that they wouldn't be spending the entire time in the classroom today was pretty promising. Hopefully they could spend the rest outside? Sunshine would be awesome.

Also kind of awesome? The current discussion. She didn't want to look too eager though, so she tried her best not to look terribly interested as the conversation shifted to the topic of creativity. All of her favorite creative outlets were non-magical. Mostly because her spellwork was still mega-unreliable, but also because she couldn't use magic outside of school anyway. Trace and all.

She silently counted to three before raising her hand. Her answer? Fashion. But when Evan basically said the same thing... Kins decided to go another route. Art! But then Claudine said that too. So maybe she needed to get more specific. Painting! And then that answer was said too. So instead of leaving her hand up for any longer, Kinsay just ... casually lowered it and slunk down a little bit in her chair too, as if that might help make this less embarrassing. Hopefully Professor Applewood didn't notice.
Rosalie did notice Miss James' raised hand, but it had lowered by the time she could get to her. It seemed unlike the Gryffindor to not have an answer or even a question ready, but it was also okay if she didn't. Perhaps she was still sleepy, considering she'd mentioned the nap when she arrived. So Rosalie offered the girl a brief smile before continuing on.


There were numerous ways to answer that question, and the students certainly didn't disappoint with their selection of answers.

"Excellent answers, everyone." Rosalie smiled and moved around the classroom as she continued, not one to simply stand still at the front. "Creativity is an important part of humanity, and has been for thousands of years. It's something we all share, and the mediums through which it can be expressed are as diverse as we are.

"And the one that we'll be focusing on today is the culinary arts. More specifically, cake decorating."
And, perhaps, that gave them an idea of where they would soon be moving the lesson.

"It hasn't been around as long as many other art forms, but once the technology for better temperature-controlled ovens was developed, and once baking powder was first produced in the 1840s, cakes became easier to make. And over time, decorating them also became more common and more elaborate.

"I'm sure most, if not all of you, have seen just how creative and artistic people can get with the design of a cake, whether at a birthday party or a wedding or another event. So what's one of the techniques or designs that you've seen? Is there a particular style or type that you really like? Or even one you didn't like?"


OOC: Sorry for the delay, everyone! Class will continue in approximately another 24 hours.
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:53 AM   #19 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,672

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Cake decorating? Oh, if only Chin-hae were here for this one. Or if only Evan had ever paid attention to when Chin-hae talked about work or showed any of the designs they'd made at the bakery he worked at. The male Nam had to think really hard to try to recall anything, but then it came to mind the elaborate fan cake that he'd had once for a birthday.

The cake part tasted good but... The frosting. Remembering that gave him an idea, so he raised his hand and waited to be called on. "A lot of bakers use fondant for frosting on a cake because it's sturdier than like a buttercream and can be used for molding. I personally don't think it tastes very good though." So no, he did not like fondant though it seemed the most popular.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Ah.

Culinary arts. Cake decorating. Claudine was not sure how she felt about this topic. See, she was used to having her meals prepared for her. Here at Hogwarts, while she lives with the Jones’, when she lived at the Blaze mansion. But cakes… who didn’t like cake? And some of them were decorated so prettily that often Claudien found herself reluctant to even eat them.

Not really having an answer for this question, the seventh year opted to sit out on answering. She’d just be listening this time around.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,918

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Upon hearing the words 'cake decorating' Daniel's head snapped up and he began to search for Lisa as he wondered if maybe she had told Professor Applewood about him never having made a cake before. He was convinced that they were moving to the kitchens later seeing as she had mentioned that they wouldn't be inside of the classroom for long.

"Our chef makes cakes from time to time" when they had a birthday party or any party really. "I never cared about the techniques or designs though, I just want to eat them" which is as far as his cake decorating skills went. "But he uses this weird tube (cake icing nozzles) to make flower shapes" at least he guessed they were supposed to look like flowers?
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 02:26 AM   #22 (permalink)



DMAC & DMC
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,597

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Winston Robinson
Graduated

Student Character:
Apollo Grimm Adara-Stark
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Magical Creatures

x12 x8
Default Carsyn is sad this lesson didn't happen before she graduated !!!
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | BigBadSis | Slytherin Soul & Badger Heart

Non magical ways that people express creativity?? Welp, that ruled out quidditch and exercise. His eyes wandered over to the vines on the walls as he considered plants and horticulture a possible way people express creativity. But it seemed they were going to be talking about culinary arts creativity instead??

He grinned over that one Hufflepuff boy, Daniel's answer, cause honestly he had the correct answer and the only answer that mattered to the third year. "I'm with him. If the cake doesn't taste good, then what difference does the design make." Also, it was going to be destroyed via cutting within minutes, so it seemed like an awful lot of wasted energy on designs and techniques?
__________________
________________________... throw open all the windows, might be an uphill climb

'Cause I am the moment, the moment is me.... ______________________
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Kinsay wasn't planning on answering any questions, but she was still paying attention... even though she was actively trying not to. It was difficult not to pay attention when the topic of class was actually interesting. Why did Professor Applewood choose FUN lesson topics?! It was so unfortunate.

Still, Kins was doing a pretty decent job at NOT answering things. Or asking things, for that matter. But when Apollo offered his answer, Kins frowned. It made all the difference! People always judged books by their covers. Or people by the way they dressed. Or cakes by their designs. Or or or. She understood the point Apollo was trying to make, but it was silly.

"No one wants to eat an ugly cake."

..... Did she say that out loud?
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:58 AM   #24 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Cake decorating!! Which meant that they would get to eat cake, hopefully. Valentina tried not to bounce on her seat with excitement, super glad Professor Applewood was going to be teaching them something fun today.

"I like any cake that has a lot of frosting on top." Val liked any and all kinds of cake, honestly. Who didn't? She did like ice cream a little more but yeah.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:49 PM   #25 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Violet was taken aback. She'd never really seen anyone decorate a cake, except for house-elves, and they'd done it all with elf-magic. She didn't really remember noticing any cake that much, except for how it tasted when she ate it. Then she remembered a cake she'd seen several years ago in the window of a New York deli. "I saw this cake once. It was rather a tall cake, with chocolate frosting, rather plain on the outside, but the really unique part was the inside. The cake had had a piece cut out of it and laid to one side on a small plate, so that the onlookers could clearly see the cake's inside. It had been made of many, many thin layers--16 of them.' (Violet had stood there and counted them). "The layers were chocolate and white, alternated one after the other and with custard or red filling in between each one. It looked splendid!"
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Technology? Lounge | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213