sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > First Floor > Muggle Studies


Muggle Studies Fascinating beings, those Muggles. Come learn about the Muggle world and the ways they get by without using magic!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-07-2021, 04:08 PM
ArianaBlack ArianaBlack is offline
 
Default Muggle Studies Lesson 1: Assumptions



Professor Schmoe put up plenty of notices to help you remember that you’re having class on the grounds today, so errrrr… Hopefully you did remember. Was this wishful thinking? Mayhaps. It was unusual to have a Muggle Studies lesson outside, after all.

Anyway. Just as promised, Professor Schmoe is standing (in all his uncomfortable, noodle-y glory) by a large fire pit. Was that here before? Hmmm... The whiteboard surely wasn’t! That had come all the way from his classroom. While your professor is still quite twitchy (something he couldn't seem to shake after last term), he does look significantly less miserable than he had in previous times. Still a little miserable though - but then again, aren't we all?

Though the fire pit is not yet… fired up, there are 4 large tree trunks set up around it so that you could sit as you wait for class to begin. Finneas asks that you keep chatter to a minimum, but otherwise busies himself by reorganizing his small supply table. What could Finneas have in store for you today? Surely you weren't here to sing campfire songs... Though that could also be arranged. Care to join frog choir, anyone?
OOC: Hello, hello! AND WELCOME! We’re smudging some days around & saying this class is taking place the first week of school, so it’d be one of your first lessons with the Schmoemeister this term! While you’re here please take a look at the classroom rules (they’ve changed since last term). Annnnd I’ll post in about 24-28 hours to officially start the lesson. Lesson has STARTED, post as if you've been here all along.


Lesson Progress:

+ Arrivals & Question 1: What is empathy? What might it look like in practice?
+ Opening Activity Part One: Write down an assumption
+ Opening Activity Part Two: Reflection
+ Responses & Question 2: Why is it harmful to make assumptions and believe stereotypes about muggles? How do we move forward and beyond from buying into such beliefs?
+ Final Activity: Toss assumptions into the fire & make s'mores!
Old 05-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #176 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Grindylow
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,450

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
TBA
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
It didn't take long before one of the other students agreed to work with him. Daniel looked at the girl as if assessing if she would be a good partner for this activity before shrugging his shoulders because what did it matter. They could throw a blank piece of paper in the fire and the professor would never know.

"Daniel" he said, waving his hand in a way that said 'hurry up' because there were S'MORES waiting for him. He quickly grabbed his pen again and looked at Dahlia. "What about that wizards think muggles are pitiful because they can't use magic to clean their house?" or whatever. This was stupid and a waste of time because he wanted the s'mores now. But doing the activity hastily also meant that he would be getting closer to his talk with Professor Schmoe in his office later with Gellar. YUCK. He did not want that! "What do you think?"
Okay, she was going to take that wave as a kind gesture in greeting because she was a precious pea. Lia smiled softly and nodded. "Daniel, got it." Yup, she would remember that. Maybe. So many new names to remember. Having a few slips of parchment she had gotten from Professor Schmoe earlier in her hand, all she needed was her quill which she pulled out of her bag. "Okay. Yeah." No sense in arguing. They all had their own thoughts on this and all they needed was a couple of 'assumptions' written down.

"Inferior," she muttered simply jotting the word down on slip of blank parchment. It was a word she never liked but one that fit this assignment. "Uneducated?" This one was just plain ridiculous really because they went to school for year and years for some of their careers. "Lacking discipline?" None of this she believed at all and with each thing she said she felt sick.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #177 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMC
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,303

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Noah Alexander Mordaunt
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Albert Magnus Morgenstern
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Noah. Like Noah Nam, but...younger. "Nice to meet you, Noah," she mumbled automatically, still rather focused on the assumption thing.

She grinned at the Gryffindor. "Mine, too," she said. "I wrote 'stinky', because...well, my brothers are stinky sometimes." She also crumpled up her paper into a loose ball. It would make it easier for the fire to catch, she knew that from using scrap paper as kindling when her family went camping. And making a sweeping generalization about all Muggles based on interacting with two Muggles...seemed like how people made assumptions badly.

"Can we put them in the fire now and make the s'mores?" she asked. Because Noah was obviously in charge. For some reason. He was older, she thought.
Yes, one of the many Noahs in school, but the best looking one, according to him at least. One that he'd always said to people upon the first introduction, just so he could one-up the others.

Noah chuckled at the assumption and pointed at his twin sister Catherine among the students. "If you were partnered up with my twin, she'd agree with you with her life," Catherine would say all sorts of things just to make her point known that he was the most annoying twin ever.

"Fire in the hole!" the Gryffindor pulled back his arm and threw the ball of parchment into the fire, indirectly answering Margaret's request. "So... you said your friends are muggles too?" he asked in an attempt to keep the conversation going as he stood up to collect their ingredients. "I suppose you grew up with them?" because they did too, in an attempt to introduce the Mordaunt kids to the life and ways of the muggles early on despite their blood heritage. Mordred and Sophie thought and decided that it was the best choice for their children.

"Here we go," with a full plate of ingredients, Noah placed the plate between them and started to assemble his own s'more.
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #178 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,102

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Third Year
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
"But that's what makes them so good ---" Apollo started to argue only to realize a second later that he probably shouldn't. He was making assumptions about Ashley and in doing so, basically failing at empathy and this lesson. "I mean, err.. thanks, yes. That sounds good." There. He can do this.

Apollo frowned at that suggestion, "But I think that's kind of a negative about muggles, isn't it? Or maybe it's that they can appreciate muggle healing processes and healing in general, because it takes longer... so they don't take it for granted." He was confusing himself in trying to come up with more assumptions. "So err.... I guess we should just start to toss some of these papers into the fire?"
"They definitely don't take it for granted. Lots of people just die for something we could've fixed. Which makes it sound like muggles are inferior, but nah. Muggle come up with everything. X-rays, airplanes, tourniquets, computers... it's super cool. And because of not having magic, they don't teach kids how to blow stuff up... at least not as part of the standard curriculum in schools anyway. Because a lot of that stuff is super dangerous, and the general consensus is that it would be great if people didn't accidentally blow up their limbs." Ash could go on a loooong tangent about this. Transportation, education, medicine, art, fashion, tech, all of it... Ash loved muggle stuff. Especially medicine. That was totally the coolest part. "Yeah. Let's toss these." She threw hers into the fire, one by one. "I was a pyromaniac and an arsonist once. Am, was. Who knows?" Those were the days, when she was slightly less traumatized and slightly more happy. She ate some chocolate. "How are your s'mores?" Ash really did love this class.
astrocat is online now  
Old 05-15-2021, 04:32 PM   #179 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,754

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
Serena low-key liked being called friend. She has hardly had any in her lifetime.

Anyway, back to the lesson at hand. The little redhead nodded in agreement with Lisa's statement and wrote it down. "Muggles are incompetent because of the lack of magic," she said, repeating what she heard once from her great grandmum Morgana. The older woman didn't appreciate muggles one bit, and Serena has heard all the muggle-shamming from her. Only when her parents weren't there. Her parents would forbid Serena visits from her grandmum if they knew.
Lisa scrunched her nose up at the comment Serena made. It was a pure, genuine, unfiltered reaction to what she said. She knew that her friend didn’t actually mean that buuuuut.... she didn’t know that. It had never come up before... well now. She hoped she didn’t think that way.

Good one,” she nodded. She wrote that one down and continued to wrack her brain for more answers but it was proving to be difficult as she thought of roasting marshmallows and combining it with delicious chocolate and crackers. The perfect marshmallow was toasty golden and crisp on the outside that was deliciously gooey and marshmallowey deliciousness on the inside. Omg... YUM.

Muggles can be heretical cause they don’t understand magic. They can’t comprehend it and thus they can cause harm... a la the Salem Witch Trials,” she suggested, adding that to the list.
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #180 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 204,210

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Evan <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Well, he was not being turned away which Evan took as a good sign as he seated himself, grabbing a couple of the pieces of parchment pre-created for the apparent burning. It was a very in your feels type of study, but given the fact Schmoe had lived through last year with them and everything HAD been harmful for his particular subject, Ev could understand why they were doing this. "Great, thank you. I'm Evan." Because it was polite to introduce himself, yes?

"Have you ever tried s'mores with a peanut butter cup instead of regular chocolate?" Those were really the best. He wondered if Schmoe had different types of chocolate provided that they could experiment and eat their feels. "Assuming muggles are stupid is a good one. Witches and wizards also assume they have nothing to offer." Which did go hand in hand with the ideas of them being stupid, or being worthless. "I think some witches and wizards also assume muggles deserve our pity, because they can't do magic."


Oh, right. Introductions. Claudine had never been one for those. “Hi, Evan. Claudine here.” And it looked like they were definitely going to be a team then. This Snakette was quite ready to hear all the ideas from Evan. She certainly hoped that he had interesting ones. Imagine being stuck with a boring person whose ideas made no sense.

Oh? It seemed as though they were off to a great start with this intriguing suggestion about peanut butter cups. Claudine shook her head. “Is it really? Well, if Schmoe has any of those cups, I’ll give it a try.”

Onto work they went.

Claudine was pleased that Evan agreed with her suggestion and so she wrote that down. “Yours is a good one too. Muggles get by properly without magic, don’t they? They really have invented a lot of contraptions to make their lives easier.” On a second slip of paper, the sixth year wrote Muggles have nothing to offer and deserve our pity since they cannot do magic.

“Some think that Muggles are undeserving of walking this earth.’’ She hated saying those words but they were true, according to others.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 05:51 PM   #181 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler Mod



MO & DMLE
Sphinx
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 48,555

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Student Character:
Nemesis Upstead
Sixth Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Having turned up to the lesson with low expectations and even less enthusiasm, the interest that had briefly flared and died in Nemesis was perhaps more than anyone could have hoped for. This business of burning assumptions about muggles was not quite as up their alley as might have been expected either, though maybe expected was not quite the word, as that was another little detail that very few people were privy to. Point was, there was nothing in them, nothing to channel into even faux engagement.

Nem had gone from staring at the scenery to watching the castle. If their name was called to partner with someone else - which it most definitely was; Schmoe was unlikely to leave anyone out of this class activity, and there was little chance he'd consider them an exception - they either ignored it, or it didn't register at all. Hard to be sure, from the outside looking in, but it was probably in their partner's best interest to join up with some other pair instead. Nem stayed stood apart from the tree trunks and the fire pit, just thinking, and playing with something in their pocket - the name tag from the Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson earlier that week.

The burning away of assumptions, symbolic or literal, was useless. Not only did Nem have little regard for muggles, but they were not as closed-minded as others might think, and definitely not to the same extent that most people were. They had no reason to be; in fact, the opposite was true, and they changed their opinions based on experience and observation fairly frequently, especially as they got older. Observations, intuition, and, yes, assumptions, were all part of their necessary framework for figuring out how to function in society, and it was upended so easily that it was any wonder they kept their balance as well as they did, but they always adjusted because it was necessary. Their outlook on muggles, that was based on fact, not feeling. The day a muggle could beat Nem in a display of power (plus wits, though only because power was boring without brilliance behind it) was the day they'd reassess the issue.
__________________

it's no big surprise you turned out this way _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ __.

when they closed their eyes and prayed you would change
Felixir is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 07:07 PM   #182 (permalink)


G&S
Kappa
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,062

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Claudine <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post


Oh, right. Introductions. Claudine had never been one for those. “Hi, Evan. Claudine here.” And it looked like they were definitely going to be a team then. This Snakette was quite ready to hear all the ideas from Evan. She certainly hoped that he had interesting ones. Imagine being stuck with a boring person whose ideas made no sense.

Oh? It seemed as though they were off to a great start with this intriguing suggestion about peanut butter cups. Claudine shook her head. “Is it really? Well, if Schmoe has any of those cups, I’ll give it a try.”

Onto work they went.

Claudine was pleased that Evan agreed with her suggestion and so she wrote that down. “Yours is a good one too. Muggles get by properly without magic, don’t they? They really have invented a lot of contraptions to make their lives easier.” On a second slip of paper, the sixth year wrote Muggles have nothing to offer and deserve our pity since they cannot do magic.

“Some think that Muggles are undeserving of walking this earth.’’ She hated saying those words but they were true, according to others.


"Nice to meet you, Claudine." He definitely remembered her from classes, as she usually said something insightful and he did like to hear the older girl's thoughts. He was just terrible at remembering names, so if he'd heard it before... he'd most likely forgotten. Oops.

"I hope he has variations." Because the s'mores were starting to sound delicious and he'd much rather have his favorite type. It was quite possible if he searched his bag thoroughly too though, part of his own sweet stash would be hidden in there. He couldn't quite remember if he had restocked or not.

This was good so far. She seemed to have not thought his suggestion was rubbish either so he pushed that one up towards the other they had already had written down. Evan couldn't help but nod his head at her question about if muggles did alright, though he didn't like to openly show his blood status after last term... he had lived for 11 years without knowing anything of magic and his parents did fine without it. "They've invented loads of things, like different methods of transportation and machines to make their lives easier. Most of them don't know any different on there being magic in existence anyways."

He knew she wasn't wrong, but it was hard to not still flinch slightly at the words as he nodded. He didn't get the feeling she was someone who believed that though, so at least there was that? "You're not wrong. I think there's also assumptions that muggles aren't people, but rather an insect to be squashed." Which did go hand in hand with what she had said already. "I think some also think that muggles wouldn't fight back if there was a take over." Though they might have been at a disadvantage, he couldn't see people sitting back and taking it - even if the Neo-alliance had won the war.
__________________
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 09:01 PM   #183 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,647

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: the best looking Noah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes, one of the many Noahs in school, but the best looking one, according to him at least. One that he'd always said to people upon the first introduction, just so he could one-up the others.

Noah chuckled at the assumption and pointed at his twin sister Catherine among the students. "If you were partnered up with my twin, she'd agree with you with her life," Catherine would say all sorts of things just to make her point known that he was the most annoying twin ever.

"Fire in the hole!" the Gryffindor pulled back his arm and threw the ball of parchment into the fire, indirectly answering Margaret's request. "So... you said your friends are muggles too?" he asked in an attempt to keep the conversation going as he stood up to collect their ingredients. "I suppose you grew up with them?" because they did too, in an attempt to introduce the Mordaunt kids to the life and ways of the muggles early on despite their blood heritage. Mordred and Sophie thought and decided that it was the best choice for their children.

"Here we go," with a full plate of ingredients, Noah placed the plate between them and started to assemble his own s'more.


Yes, Mamie would agree about him being one of the better looking Noahs she had met. Not that she would tell anybody that. Ever. Never ever. Especially since apparently he was stinky? Or his twin sister thought he was stinky.

Oh, they were throwing things? She liked throwing things. It was like Quidditch, but...with paper and fire instead of Quaffles and hoops. She could go along with that. She crumpled up her paper into a tighter ball, and also tossed it into the fire, grinning. "Friends? Oh, yes..." Margaret shrugged about growing up with her friends. "I'm Muggleborn," she said quietly. Everyone had been assuring her it didn't matter, so might as well let it be known, right? "So...all my school friends, and ballet friends, from...before." Not that she really kept in touch with them anymore. They were all mad that she'd gone a whole year without writing or emailing. She didn't blame them, but it did make her sad.

Cheered by the appearance of the snack, she smiled again and chose a marshmallow to impale on a stick. "My family doesn't do s'mores when we go camping, but I've seen the movies!" she said excitedly. She carried her marshmallow-on-a-stick to the fire and stuck the end straight into the flame. That was how one roasted a marshmallow, yes? With fire?
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 09:44 PM   #184 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMC
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,303

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Noah Alexander Mordaunt
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Albert Magnus Morgenstern
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

SPOILER!!: lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Yes, Mamie would agree about him being one of the better looking Noahs she had met. Not that she would tell anybody that. Ever. Never ever. Especially since apparently he was stinky? Or his twin sister thought he was stinky.

Oh, they were throwing things? She liked throwing things. It was like Quidditch, but...with paper and fire instead of Quaffles and hoops. She could go along with that. She crumpled up her paper into a tighter ball, and also tossed it into the fire, grinning. "Friends? Oh, yes..." Margaret shrugged about growing up with her friends. "I'm Muggleborn," she said quietly. Everyone had been assuring her it didn't matter, so might as well let it be known, right? "So...all my school friends, and ballet friends, from...before." Not that she really kept in touch with them anymore. They were all mad that she'd gone a whole year without writing or emailing. She didn't blame them, but it did make her sad.

Cheered by the appearance of the snack, she smiled again and chose a marshmallow to impale on a stick. "My family doesn't do s'mores when we go camping, but I've seen the movies!" she said excitedly. She carried her marshmallow-on-a-stick to the fire and stuck the end straight into the flame. That was how one roasted a marshmallow, yes? With fire?


Nope. Not stinky. It was something that Catherine would claim just to spite him. Besides, he'd been through the practising of good hygiene since he was a kid-- one of the perks of having a self-conscious parent that has an aversion to messy (and smelly) things. If she'd only known his dad and his friends' obsession with having good hair and looking good all the time, then she'd understand. It's safe to say that the practice has been passed down to him and to his siblings, apparently... and well, his great glam mother's a perfumer, so smelly was never tolerated. Also, the elders in the Mordaunt clan aren't too keen on looking like a slob, and smelling like one. The family was synonymous to poise, apparently. It was something that Noah lacked.

The Gryffindor halved his graham cracker and placed a chocolate square on top of it as he nodded along, listening to Margaret. "That's cool, you get to live the best of both worlds, then." technically, they'd be muggleborns too in terms of how they live back home, but that's not how things work, yes? Not everyone shared the idea of living like a muggle like his parents do. Which is a shame really. Muggles are cool. "Before? You're... no longer friends with them?" because, that's sad. He still kept in touch with his muggle friends, "...I'm guilty of not being able to communicate with them during the term, but I made sure they understand why." Noah shrugged as he assembled two mallows on a stick, and stuck it into the flame, twirling the stick, toasting the mallows on all sides. "They know I study elsewhere, far from England, so they don't expect anything from me."

Noah slowly turned to look at Margaret and... what? Muggleborn and they don't do s'mores?! "Wha-- we should correct that today. I'll show you." Noah got his toasted mallows off the fire and placed it on his already assembled half-s'more, and used the other half of the graham cracker to press against the hot gooey mallow and pulled out the stick. "And...that's how you make a s'more." the Gryffindor pushed the assembled s'more towards Margaret's side of the plate, as he started to impale another set of marshmallows. "You can have that one if you like," he said grinning at her. "Best to eat it now while it's warm."
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 11:11 PM   #185 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Deezerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 7,355

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo C. Alvarez
Law Enforcement
x8
Default
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa scrunched her nose up at the comment Serena made. It was a pure, genuine, unfiltered reaction to what she said. She knew that her friend didn’t actually mean that buuuuut.... she didn’t know that. It had never come up before... well now. She hoped she didn’t think that way.

Good one,” she nodded. She wrote that one down and continued to wrack her brain for more answers but it was proving to be difficult as she thought of roasting marshmallows and combining it with delicious chocolate and crackers. The perfect marshmallow was toasty golden and crisp on the outside that was deliciously gooey and marshmallowey deliciousness on the inside. Omg... YUM.

Muggles can be heretical cause they don’t understand magic. They can’t comprehend it and thus they can cause harm... a la the Salem Witch Trials,” she suggested, adding that to the list.
Serena caught Lisa's reaction to her comment and had a little moment to wonder about it. She didn't pursue it. Not now, anyway. Maybe after class was over because she WAS curious where Lisa stood on this subject. Especially with the recent war and all.

"That's another one I've heard," she said with a nod. After writing down Lisa's following assumption, Serena contributed with, "They murder magical folk because they are jealous or fear we are more powerful than them."

She was so focused on the subject at hand that she almost forgot about the treats Schmoe had for them. It wasn't until her nose caught the scent of burnt marshmallow. She could could do with a toastie one.
__________________
Deezerz is offline  
Old 05-15-2021, 11:15 PM   #186 (permalink)


MO
Moke
 
pundantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 8,716

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kale Trent
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten

x4
Default
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
The answer, dear Kale, was because sometimes Phoebe just wanted to watch the world burn, but he was kind and good, so that answer wouldn't make a lick of sense. She released his hand and picked up her quill to take notes. Anything he said, that was the right answer. He could recite poetry, and she'd write it down.

She sort of wished he would.

Instead, he listed the things he liked about Muggles, and while that wasn't strictly the assignment, it was absolutely something she could get behind. "Flushing toilets. I can't even imagine life without those. Those iced coffee drinks with whipped cream and a little drizzle of caramel? Fashion magazines. I know we stole those from them." Maybe it wasn't the most noble collection, but it was honest.
Who cared about noble when there was a horrible version of reality where Vogue didn’t exist? Fifi was right and she should say it. He was also quietly relieved when she didn’t blink as he started to riddle off the good assumptions he made about Muggles. He was physically sick of the negativity. It messed with his head and made him...less. The sixth year had spent all summer combating those feelings so he wasn’t gonna let any professor, not even the Schmoe, drag him back down.

“Iced coffee makes me jittery,” he added helpfully. Kale was the kind of kid that probably didn’t need caffeine. But the caramel part sounded delicious so maybe he’d been wrong all along.
__________________
pundantic is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 01:25 AM   #187 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,603

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundantic View Post
Who cared about noble when there was a horrible version of reality where Vogue didn’t exist? Fifi was right and she should say it. He was also quietly relieved when she didn’t blink as he started to riddle off the good assumptions he made about Muggles. He was physically sick of the negativity. It messed with his head and made him...less. The sixth year had spent all summer combating those feelings so he wasn’t gonna let any professor, not even the Schmoe, drag him back down.

“Iced coffee makes me jittery,” he added helpfully. Kale was the kind of kid that probably didn’t need caffeine. But the caramel part sounded delicious so maybe he’d been wrong all along.
"We do NOT need you jittery," Phoebe circled it on her list anyway, because she really REALLY liked iced coffee, even if it was likely to make Kale's heart explode. "We'll just get you one of those ones that doesn't really have coffee in it. Like a chai tea with extra cinnamon."

She smacked her lips a little, because she was honestly getting SO THIRSTY in this class. "Um, how about... those little music playing boxes? Those are great if you don't have a wireless nearby, plus you can store music in it." She twitched her quill thoughtfully. "You want to burn this now so we can have s'mores?"
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is online now  
Old 05-16-2021, 02:07 AM   #188 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,647

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Nope. Not stinky. It was something that Catherine would claim just to spite him. Besides, he'd been through the practising of good hygiene since he was a kid-- one of the perks of having a self-conscious parent that has an aversion to messy (and smelly) things. If she'd only known his dad and his friends' obsession with having good hair and looking good all the time, then she'd understand. It's safe to say that the practice has been passed down to him and to his siblings, apparently... and well, his great glam mother's a perfumer, so smelly was never tolerated. Also, the elders in the Mordaunt clan aren't too keen on looking like a slob, and smelling like one. The family was synonymous to poise, apparently. It was something that Noah lacked.

The Gryffindor halved his graham cracker and placed a chocolate square on top of it as he nodded along, listening to Margaret. "That's cool, you get to live the best of both worlds, then." technically, they'd be muggleborns too in terms of how they live back home, but that's not how things work, yes? Not everyone shared the idea of living like a muggle like his parents do. Which is a shame really. Muggles are cool. "Before? You're... no longer friends with them?" because, that's sad. He still kept in touch with his muggle friends, "...I'm guilty of not being able to communicate with them during the term, but I made sure they understand why." Noah shrugged as he assembled two mallows on a stick, and stuck it into the flame, twirling the stick, toasting the mallows on all sides. "They know I study elsewhere, far from England, so they don't expect anything from me."

Noah slowly turned to look at Margaret and... what? Muggleborn and they don't do s'mores?! "Wha-- we should correct that today. I'll show you." Noah got his toasted mallows off the fire and placed it on his already assembled half-s'more, and used the other half of the graham cracker to press against the hot gooey mallow and pulled out the stick. "And...that's how you make a s'more." the Gryffindor pushed the assembled s'more towards Margaret's side of the plate, as he started to impale another set of marshmallows. "You can have that one if you like," he said grinning at her. "Best to eat it now while it's warm."
Best of both worlds? More like worst of both worlds, sometimes. Margaret shrugged, pulling her marshmallow out of the flames. Errrr...luckily for everybody, it had caught fire, burned to a crisp, and self-extinguished. Unluckily for Margaret, it was just...crunchy. She gingerly poked at it with a fingernail, and it disintegrated. Erm. "They're mad at me, because I didn't write. And then I didn't really hang out with them over the summer, either." She'd been too busy doing absolutely nothing. And, like, therapy. But mostly, doing absolutely nothing alone. It had been terrible, but hanging out with them and pretending nothing was wrong would have been worse. "It's okay though, because I have my brothers and, other friends." She didn't want him to think she didn't have Hogwarts friends, because she was very popular, okay? Okay!? Or at the very least, she got along with everybody.

She watched carefully as Noah demonstrated the proper way to roast a marshmallow: not completely submerged in the fire, and rotate it, and use two. And then he made a s'more. For her. Her eyes widened as she took the s'more he'd offered. That was so nice. She wasn't used to people being so nice. "Oh. Th-thank you, Noah," she stuttered, quickly taking a big bite of the s'more. "MMnmmf! Hot!!" She covered her face with her free hand so she could open her mouth and let the melty marshmallow steam out. "Sooo hot!" If she hadn't just met Noah, she probably would have glared at him for not warning her, but she had just met him so...she settled for a look of general panic.
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 02:15 AM   #189 (permalink)


DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 11,042

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Misa Couture
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nicolas Couture
Cranville Quincey's Magical Junk Shop
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet stared cooly back at her. "Yes, it is my suggestion. It's just as wrong to romanticize Muggles and treat them like some kind of quaint, idealized people who are interesting but not quite able to take care of themselves as it is to view them as incompetent and beneath us. They should be taken seriously, like any other adults." Violet was really not in the mood today to be patronized.
Misa scoffed as she went to go burn her assumption. "I'm not romanticizing or idealizing anything. I'm just not casually judging the worst and scariest and applying that to all of them. That's like saying all wizards out of England start muggle killing cults."

Which, based on what had happened last term was her whole experience with the British. Up until they moved at least.

She dropped her parchment into the fire and then went to make a smore. Or maybe she'd just munch on some chocolate.
__________________
I'll Spend Forever Wondering If You Knew__________________________________

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
LilFox06 is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 03:15 AM   #190 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,612

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ivy Grimm
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"This is a waste of time and not worth mine." Pax said, not looking up. Not technically a suggestion. "You do what you want to do." or did Ivy Grimm need hand-holding?

Pax turned her page again.
...Alright then. Maaaaybe this would be harder than she hoped.

But then again, maybe that was fine? It wasn't like this group work was difficult. And it was going to get burned up in the fire anyway. Was Professor Schmoe going to turn all the ashes back into paper after class to check their work? Unlikely.

So Ivy shrugged. "Just thought I'd ask." She jotted down a few obvious assumptions on her parchment then glanced at the page Pax had turned to. "Care to share what you're reading?" Maybe it was something Ivy didn't know yet. Learning something new would be nice, since this first lesson had been more devoted to feelings and dealing with last term than truly teaching her something new.

Text Cut: Assumptions
Dumb wizard assumptions about Muggles:
- Weak
- Ignorant
- Intolerant
- Mostly just no magic = sad
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 03:21 AM   #191 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMC
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,303

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Noah Alexander Mordaunt
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Albert Magnus Morgenstern
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Best of both worlds? More like worst of both worlds, sometimes. Margaret shrugged, pulling her marshmallow out of the flames. Errrr...luckily for everybody, it had caught fire, burned to a crisp, and self-extinguished. Unluckily for Margaret, it was just...crunchy. She gingerly poked at it with a fingernail, and it disintegrated. Erm. "They're mad at me, because I didn't write. And then I didn't really hang out with them over the summer, either." She'd been too busy doing absolutely nothing. And, like, therapy. But mostly, doing absolutely nothing alone. It had been terrible, but hanging out with them and pretending nothing was wrong would have been worse. "It's okay though, because I have my brothers and, other friends." She didn't want him to think she didn't have Hogwarts friends, because she was very popular, okay? Okay!? Or at the very least, she got along with everybody.

She watched carefully as Noah demonstrated the proper way to roast a marshmallow: not completely submerged in the fire, and rotate it, and use two. And then he made a s'more. For her. Her eyes widened as she took the s'more he'd offered. That was so nice. She wasn't used to people being so nice. "Oh. Th-thank you, Noah," she stuttered, quickly taking a big bite of the s'more. "MMnmmf! Hot!!" She covered her face with her free hand so she could open her mouth and let the melty marshmallow steam out. "Sooo hot!" If she hadn't just met Noah, she probably would have glared at him for not warning her, but she had just met him so...she settled for a look of general panic.
Well... that sucked. Noah would've pointed out that that wasn't very nice of her friends, and that they weren't really her friends. Because friends understand each other, right? Or... they could've at least asked her what's up? Because yeah, relationships in general don't work one way. "I'm sorry to hear that," Noah gave Margaret a sympathetic grin as he busied himself with his mallows. "But yeah, at least you have other friends... and your brothers. I mean, the world doesn't end with your old friends. You can always make new ones," True, people come and go, and some friendships weren't meant to last anyway. He, too, lost some childhood friends while growing up, but he thought it wasn't worth dwelling on it. It was such a waste of time.

The Gryffindor nodded in acknowledgement but noted her surprise when he offered her his s'more. What was it this time? Did they not share stuff in the muggle world? Did he miss that bit while living with the muggles? Noah decided not to pay attention to it as he flattened his own s'more to take a bite. But before he could even sink his teeth onto the good stuff, Margaret started to panic and shout about something hot. S'mores weren't meant to be spicy--

Oh. Shoot.

Noah sprung to action without second thoughts, dropping his s'more on the ground and grabbed a nearby cup and filled it with water. "Here. Drink this." Honestly, he didn't think Margaret would eat it in seconds. Was she that hungry? Excited to experience a s'more? The thing is, Noah would've joked about this, but then again, they just met.

Also, oof, he'd been looking forward to the s'mores. His s'more. It looked like he wasn't going to get any after all.
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 03:28 AM   #192 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,088

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Misa scoffed as she went to go burn her assumption. "I'm not romanticizing or idealizing anything. I'm just not casually judging the worst and scariest and applying that to all of them. That's like saying all wizards out of England start muggle killing cults."
...
She dropped her parchment into the fire and then went to make a smore. Or maybe she'd just munch on some chocolate.
Violet stared at Misa as she walked off in a huff. Did she not understand that the assignment was to list assumptions people made about Muggles? Violet didn't remember Schmoe saying anything about them being your assumptions. As far as Violet was concerned, if she was a Muggle, she would rather be thought dangerous than impotent.

She looked down at her slip of paper--well, maybe 'dangerous' was the wrong word to express what she was trying to say. Maybe...'powerful'? 'Able to protect themselves'? Hmmmm....

Text Cut: Assumption

People assume that because Muggles don't have magic that they are helpless.


There. That was better. Violet balled up the paper, lobbed it into the fire, and walked over to get a smore herself. Maybe not with that Misa, who seemed a little judgmental to Violet. Talking about what happened last year like Violet didn't know. Violet was there, thank you very much, and she hadn't noticed Misa in that dark room below the dungeon, either.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 03:44 AM   #193 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,561

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Finneas hung back, watching as partners moved to work together. The lack of participation (of the Upstead variety, specifically) did not escape his notice, but... Er. He wasn't sure that now was the time to address it. Perhaps he would pull them into his office later this week or touch base with them at another time if this behavior continued. He knew this lesson would not be an easy one to work through. Perhaps it was tough on them to discuss such matters so openly? Whatever it was, he was going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

He was pleased to see others working so well together though. And even more thrilled that students seemed to be enthusiastic about s'mores making. Maybe a little too enthusiastic? Hopefully Ms. Turov did not burn herself terribly with that bite. That was always the worst.

He was having so much fun that time nearly escaped him! Whoops! "Please start to wrap up if you haven't already. There's still time to make one last s'more, but er... class is officially dismissed." He stumbled a bit as he stepped over one of the long logs. "Thank you for your empathy and vulnerability today. There will, er, there will be no homework, but I'll see you back in the muggle studies classroom for another lesson later this week."

A much lighter one.

And on that note, he made sure to find Victoria and Daniel to remind them that he would still like to have a chat with them after class.


OOC: hi, friends! So sorry for the delay, it's been a hectic week. I'll be leaving this thread open for a little while longer if you'd like to de-clone / wrap up, but the lesson is officially over and I'll close it out sometime tomorrow!
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 04:51 AM   #194 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,754

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
Serena caught Lisa's reaction to her comment and had a little moment to wonder about it. She didn't pursue it. Not now, anyway. Maybe after class was over because she WAS curious where Lisa stood on this subject. Especially with the recent war and all.

"That's another one I've heard," she said with a nod. After writing down Lisa's following assumption, Serena contributed with, "They murder magical folk because they are jealous or fear we are more powerful than them."

She was so focused on the subject at hand that she almost forgot about the treats Schmoe had for them. It wasn't until her nose caught the scent of burnt marshmallow. She could could do with a toastie one.
Lisa nodded, writing down the addition that Serena had provided as well to the list. As she stared down at the pieces of parchment, she longingly looked over to the bonfire. “Well what do you say about roasting these and some delicious marshmallows? How do you like your marshmallows toasted?

Lisa here with the important questions. Obviously.
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 10:02 AM   #195 (permalink)



DMAC & DMT
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,389

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollo Grimm Adara-Stark
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ethan Denton
Transportation

x12 x8
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | BigBadSis | Slytherin Soul & Badger Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"They definitely don't take it for granted. Lots of people just die for something we could've fixed. Which makes it sound like muggles are inferior, but nah. Muggle come up with everything. X-rays, airplanes, tourniquets, computers... it's super cool. And because of not having magic, they don't teach kids how to blow stuff up... at least not as part of the standard curriculum in schools anyway. Because a lot of that stuff is super dangerous, and the general consensus is that it would be great if people didn't accidentally blow up their limbs." Ash could go on a loooong tangent about this. Transportation, education, medicine, art, fashion, tech, all of it... Ash loved muggle stuff. Especially medicine. That was totally the coolest part. "Yeah. Let's toss these." She threw hers into the fire, one by one. "I was a pyromaniac and an arsonist once. Am, was. Who knows?" Those were the days, when she was slightly less traumatized and slightly more happy. She ate some chocolate. "How are your s'mores?" Ash really did love this class.

Apollo listened as Ashley went off about muggles and technology and medicine, frowning slightly, before scribbling down that on a paper too. "so guess that's another assumption then.... Muggles taking things for granted" Huh, how strange to accidentally uncover something.

His gaze wandered over to Margaret momentarily at her commotion and blinked. Was she okay? His older housemate was partnered with her and so Apollo would check in with her later, as her turned back to his partner. What had she said now about fire? Who knows?

But he was kinda hungry and so after making sure all their papers were tossed, he grabbed a stick and two big marshmallows to roast. Once browned slightly, he took a graham cracker and chocolate and used the sandwich to pull one marshmallow off the stick. And nibbled on the other marshmallow, blowing it lightly to cool. "Sweet!" He exclaimed, covering his open mouth with his hand as best he could since he burned his tongue slightly on the marshmallow. "chocolate good?"

Oh class was over !! And no homework was even better! "thanks professor!" he muttered through chewing on the rest of the marshmallow he'd shoved into his mouth. The s'more he could eat on his walk back, which would be exactly what he would do. He nodded back to Ashley, "Ready to head back to the castle?"

__________________
________________________... throw open all the windows, might be an uphill climb

'Cause I am the moment, the moment is me.... ______________________
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #196 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 204,210

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

SPOILER!!: Evan! Tho I keep typing 'Noah' >_<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

"Nice to meet you, Claudine." He definitely remembered her from classes, as she usually said something insightful and he did like to hear the older girl's thoughts. He was just terrible at remembering names, so if he'd heard it before... he'd most likely forgotten. Oops.

"I hope he has variations." Because the s'mores were starting to sound delicious and he'd much rather have his favorite type. It was quite possible if he searched his bag thoroughly too though, part of his own sweet stash would be hidden in there. He couldn't quite remember if he had restocked or not.

This was good so far. She seemed to have not thought his suggestion was rubbish either so he pushed that one up towards the other they had already had written down. Evan couldn't help but nod his head at her question about if muggles did alright, though he didn't like to openly show his blood status after last term... he had lived for 11 years without knowing anything of magic and his parents did fine without it. "They've invented loads of things, like different methods of transportation and machines to make their lives easier. Most of them don't know any different on there being magic in existence anyways."

He knew she wasn't wrong, but it was hard to not still flinch slightly at the words as he nodded. He didn't get the feeling she was someone who believed that though, so at least there was that? "You're not wrong. I think there's also assumptions that muggles aren't people, but rather an insect to be squashed." Which did go hand in hand with what she had said already. "I think some also think that muggles wouldn't fight back if there was a take over." Though they might have been at a disadvantage, he couldn't see people sitting back and taking it - even if the Neo-alliance had won the war.


Evan surely got that right; that was exactly the point Claudine was trying to make {she usually didn’t explain herself well}. Talking these points over with Evan really think about it now just how brilliant Muggles were. Some of them, anyway. The girl was quite positive that there were dunderhead Muggles, as much as there were dunderhead witches and wizards. Like her family. Yes, her family whom she had practically abandoned by now.

Claudine’s observational skill came in useful as she noted the flinch. “Sorry,’’ she muttered. Only the stupid wizarding folks agreed with her assumption just given. The girl busied herself by writing their third assumption. Their fourth too because it made sense. “Because they’re weak,’’ Claudine added with a nod of understanding to Evan’s words.

“You think four assumptions are good enough? I really want to sink my teeth into some s’mores.” And watch the assumptions burn.
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 05-16-2021, 07:40 PM   #197 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Deezerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 7,355

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo C. Alvarez
Law Enforcement
x8
Default
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa nodded, writing down the addition that Serena had provided as well to the list. As she stared down at the pieces of parchment, she longingly looked over to the bonfire. “Well what do you say about roasting these and some delicious marshmallows? How do you like your marshmallows toasted?

Lisa here with the important questions. Obviously.
It was time for food!

Serena nodded and tore out the slips of parchment with the assumptions written on them, then tucked her things away. "It's about time," she said. This had been a little exhausting on the brain. She didn't like thinking about how things might make other people feel. She wasn't a therapist. She was a future potions master and would rather do hands on work.

"I like my marshmallows really crispy and toasted on the outside and melty on the inside. What about you? You can have my chocolate." Because she could do s'mores without the chocolate.
__________________
Deezerz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209